Anyone else getting nervous?

kerri
July 7th, 2007, 9:18 am
Im starting to get that twinge in the pit of my stomach. Only 13 days left!!!:scared: Im petrified, how about you? Im going to squee myself horse with all this anxiety and excitment!

Night_Seeker
July 7th, 2007, 10:32 am
I am really nervous! Like THE END! 13 DAYS...I don't think my brain completely comprehends just yet....It will all bounce back when I have the book in my hands....I am very nervous...we've waited so long and it's here.....it's gonna end...who knows what happens....who knows who dies...oh man, YES I am full of nerves!

LoonyMagic
July 7th, 2007, 10:37 am
I get butterflies when I think about the last book. It's just surreal! It doesn't feel like my whole Harry Potter experience is almost over.

I think I'm completely numb to everything at the moment and when I'm actually reading Deathly Hallows it will hit me.

I'm so scared...=O

coolhandluke
July 7th, 2007, 10:37 am
Very nervous....JK said it was goin to a blood bath...im worried now. Excited at the same time.

Belgarath2
July 7th, 2007, 12:38 pm
I expect to feel a total emptiness when I've finished and once it's sunk in that it's the end. I've been a fan since POA so that is EIGHT YEARS I have been waiting to read DH. That's a bit frightening. I think I will spend about a month depressed.

rouge_beauty
July 7th, 2007, 12:48 pm
I'm nervous, excited and upset at the same time. I'm nervous because I really want to enjoy it as much as possible. I'm mostly sad though; I'm actually coming to terms with THE END OF HARRY POTTER! :upset:
I really hope it's the best yet....though I'm nervous about how it's going to be a 'blood bath'....

Zorgan_Zephyr
July 7th, 2007, 12:59 pm
I won't want to finish the book, because i don't want it all to finish.:(

Lucy_Locket
July 7th, 2007, 1:03 pm
I haven't started feeling like that yet, I'll probably begin to feel wierd a few days before, but it feels right that it should end after like 9 years of reading them lol. I really don't want a horrific number of people to die though! Keep some of the characters alive JK! lol

MissHufflepuff
July 7th, 2007, 1:04 pm
a few weeks/months ago i was dreading it coming, hoping to prolong it as much as possible so it doesn't end :(
but now? bring it on! lol!

What i'M REALLY worriedabout is that when i go up to get my copy at midnight, there'll be some nasty **** who'll rip open the book and yell out hte death to everyone!
if so, i'll be AGHHH!!!

I'm hoping more than anything that there won't be papaers on it everywhere the second it comes out either..i shall have to hibernate with earplugs

What i'm REALLY worried about is that when i go up to get my copy at midnight, there'll be some nasty **** who'll rip open the book and yell out the deaths to everyone!
if so, i'll be AGHHH!!!

I'm hoping more than anything that there won't be papaers on it everywhere the second it comes out either..i shall have to hibernate with earplugs until i've finished. then maybe stay up there a fwe more days while i mourn... :(

Zorgan_Zephyr
July 7th, 2007, 1:09 pm
At least you're here for the release, I'm in Newquay so when i get back I'll have to avoid the internet, my friends and the newspapers until I've read it.

handbag16
July 7th, 2007, 1:29 pm
What i'm REALLY worried about is that when i go up to get my copy at midnight, there'll be some nasty **** who'll rip open the book and yell out the deaths to everyone!
if so, i'll be AGHHH!!!

LOL yeah I'm worried about some randomer shouting out what happens too. I won't be getting it at midnight but I work in a shop and will be there the morning it comes out and if anyone dares mention anything that happens I will go mental.

I'll have to sort the newspapers out with my eyes shut just in case there is an article on DH. I can see it now... a headline in massive letters like "Harry doesn't survive final book" or something. Ooh I would be so mad:grumble:

MissHufflepuff
July 7th, 2007, 2:34 pm
LOL yeah I'm worried about some randomer shouting out what happens too. I won't be getting it at midnight but I work in a shop and will be there the morning it comes out and if anyone dares mention anything that happens I will go mental.

I'll have to sort the newspapers out with my eyes shut just in case there is an article on DH. I can see it now... a headline in massive letters like "Harry doesn't survive final book" or something. Ooh I would be so mad:grumble:

that would be so annoying!

ahh - you'd think they'd try and make it so all the papers etc are spoiler-free! do you think they will? oh at least leave it a few days! lol!

At least you're here for the release, I'm in Newquay so when i get back I'll have to avoid the internet, my friends and the newspapers until I've read it.

wow! you're from bristol! lol! ok..back on track! Poor you!! It was like that for me with HBP. I came back about 2 weeks afterit's release (so i have no idea what the hype before it was like) and then went into tesco the next day were it was really cheap and got it.
except i heard no spoilers! lol!
but it wasn't the last book i suppose.... hopefully they spoilers won't be too bad!

BelleSnowyOwl
July 7th, 2007, 4:13 pm
The closer I get to finishing the series thus far, the greater this feeling of dread becomes. Wow, 7/21 is going to be the most bittersweet days I'll have ever experienced!

lilyseyes
July 7th, 2007, 4:23 pm
It seems so strange to be feeling the range of emotions Im feeling right now. My brain is saying its a book series moveon. But every other particle of me is sayin "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Dont let it end":upset::upset:
As for some idiot shouting out the good bits at the opening I hope their ready to feel my book across the back of their head:rotfl::p
Ok I promise i wont do that but what if i just happened to stick out my foot as they passed by:tu::lol:

Solace_Forever
July 7th, 2007, 4:24 pm
i can't wait...but think it would be the final book...i do feel nervous and scared

Luka13
July 7th, 2007, 4:26 pm
I'm scared. :eeep: yes, but when the 7th book ends, it ends. Theres nothing we can do about it. Just like when the Lord of the rings siries ends. Everybodys going to be sad for a while. It's natural. :cool:

AuroraBeryl
July 7th, 2007, 4:32 pm
Nervous for Harry Potter?
Not in the least... right now anyway.

I'm taking part in JulNoWriMo and I have my own unwilling characters to worry about.

Spritey
July 7th, 2007, 4:41 pm
The closer I get to finishing the series thus far, the greater this feeling of dread becomes. Wow, 7/21 is going to be the most bittersweet days I'll have ever experienced!

Yeah, that's how I'm feeling. On one hand, it's probably going to be one of the best days of my life (I do not think I have ever had more amazing things to look forward to at once, honestly), and on the other... it all ends. I should skip mascara that morning, I'm thinking :rolleyes:

So yes, I am nervous, but it's the good kind. Butterflies, definitely. Excessively swoopy, hopped up butterflies. Butterflies with chainsaws! (That would be a really good name for an emo band, if I do say so myself.) I think I'm just going to allow myself these next two months (hey, I'm realistic!) to be as giddy and fangirlish as I want, one last time.

lil_snuffles
July 7th, 2007, 4:44 pm
Im kind of freaking out!:eeep: I just cant believe the Harry Potter series is going to be over in juat 13 days! Im really excited though. :)

Glidden
July 7th, 2007, 4:56 pm
im very nervous. i get butterflies when i think about it! but thankgoodness its not the sickly nervous i get before exams, its like the most excited nervous!! squeeee! I cant believe its coming!! i really cant!

MHPFAN
July 7th, 2007, 5:02 pm
I'm not really nervous per se, but I am getting those butterflies of excitement in the pit of my stomach. It still doesn't feel real enough, yet. However, with the increase in OotP previews, the more real the end seems to me.

Medli
July 7th, 2007, 5:03 pm
Blood bath = hopeful

adam_the_ant
July 7th, 2007, 5:09 pm
Yes I am definately getting nervous. I keep worrying if it will be raining the day my copy comes (seeing as a live in Britain) because it might get soaked or that Royal Mail might have a workers strike on that day or my copy gets lost in the post.....:sigh: *takes deep breath*. I'm probably not going to be able to stop pacing up and down our living room waiting for my copy to arrive. I am also trying to avoid spoilers, even fake ones, which all are at the moment......hopefully.

kirsty_booth
July 7th, 2007, 5:11 pm
dunno about nervous, I'm really excited, the book should be good, just a shame that it all be over perhaps by Sunday night:wow:

Also starting to wish I had someone to go with at midnight, picking it up on Saturday morning *may* be an anticlimax

HPsoccer1216
July 7th, 2007, 5:12 pm
I'm not exactly nervous, just anxious.

I do have a funny feeling in the pit of my stomach though.

muchXmoreXmacho
July 7th, 2007, 5:26 pm
oh god yes, im ridiculously nervous. it's so hard to believe it's almost over. i have devoted the past four years of my life to harry potter and it's just numbing the fact that's its OVER. i dont think it will fully sink in until im holding the book in my lap, and crying.

snapegirl
July 7th, 2007, 5:39 pm
I'm more excited then anything. It's strange, I'm not really focusing on this being the end. Maybe I'm in denial, I'm sure it will hit me when I'm done reading and there is no more wondering what will happen in the next book.

Zeenie
July 7th, 2007, 6:52 pm
Yea, I'm a lil nervous only because it's the end and I really don't want it to end, yet I want answers.

dreamy_eyes_xox
July 7th, 2007, 9:02 pm
im very nervous. i have a feeling that im going to cry when i see the book in the bookstore. i'll probably cry from the time i see the book till im done reading it. if Harry dies, i will have an empty feeling in me for a long time. thats what happened when i read the last book of cirque du freak. when i found out what happened i felt empty and incomplete for 3 months. then i re-read the series and cried. im going to cry so much. the reality that its ending had hit me yet but its only a matter of time before i realize its the end and that all thats left are 2 movies. im going to cry life i did when dumbeldore died. i cried 3 hours from the time Snape said AK. my parents thought i was physco.

bring on the kleenex and hot chocolate

Freaky
July 7th, 2007, 9:17 pm
I am getting nervous. I've set so much store by this being a children's book and therefore she won't kill off Harry, that if she does I will be devastated. Devastated I tell you!

I really want to know the ending, but only if it's the ending that I want to read, so that is making me nervous.

LoveFool4Life
July 7th, 2007, 9:24 pm
I'm too nervous - and that's putting it delicately, lol.

J.K. last night declared it at a "blood bath", so that's not very comforting to be perfectly honest. :| I cried like a baby when both Sirius and Dumbledore died, not feeling like myself for a few days afterwards. People thought I was depressed, lol. But hey, we've grew up alongside these characters, so it's perfectly normal (well, kind of. They are fictional afterall).

My eyes will most probably swell up when I have Deathly Hallows in my eager hands for the final time, but I'll try and stay cheerful for my friend who's with me on the night, lol. But knowing me, I'll give in! I hope the atmosphere will be amazing.

I'm really trying not to hang out to these words that J.K. said last night also. She said that she'll never say never about this being the final ever book. But hey, I'll keep my fingers crossed. ;) You never know, in a few years time, us Harry Potter fans'll be lining up again once again! *Wishes*

SO EXCITED THOUGH!

loonyluna0114
July 7th, 2007, 9:28 pm
I'm really nervous. Its the end of the end of the end!!! I mean there are no ther books coming out about Harry Potter EVER!! We will know in thirteen days time for absolute certain what the outcome is, there will no more wondering, no more looking forward to reading new material.

IchLiebeGeorge
July 7th, 2007, 9:36 pm
I'm scared, excited, heartbroken... I can't read anything JKR has to say or get on CoS without crying anymore. I tried the DH Predictions thread, but I couldn't get past the first entry. The movies being on isn't helping. I want it, and know the ending that's coming will be the only one I want.. but I'm still fearful. These characters and the motivations behind them mean so much. I've been a wreck as of late- and that's without DH; once it's in my hands and real, I don't know how I'm going to finish.

sjcuk13
July 7th, 2007, 9:46 pm
I really don't know I have now lived with Harry in my life for nearly 10 years (most of my life) and I really don't want it to end but it will kill me no to know how it ends so I will be standing with millions of others at midnight wating for the doors to open so I can walk in and get the final instalment.

Oceania
July 7th, 2007, 9:54 pm
Nervous? Yes. Excited? Totally. Suffused with a feeling of dread? You bet.

The characters have been a part of our lives for a decade. A decade! That's a long time to build attachments to characters, places, stories.

My husband has mentioned several times, that he's noticed I have quit talking about the series, which is unusual for me. I told him that I just can't think about it right now; it's too close to the end. My theories are set, my ideas well trod; I have nothing more to say until I read it.

And I will read it with so many mixed feelings, I won't know what to do!

This feeling...the feeling of shutting that last book on an amazing series, has happened twice to me before...with The Lord of the Rings, and The Dark Tower series. I'd like to tell you it's pleasant---I'd like to tell you it's a relief. But it's not. It's sad. Sad for the characters you love, who have been through so much and are moving on from some cataclysmic adventure into the unknown. Sad for you, because you'll never see these characters again. Sad because you will never again be able to wait with antcipation and bated breath. Sad because you will never again wait in line for a midnight release, or talk loads of theory and speculation with your friends.

In other words, you can't go home again.

But---every story needs closure. And we've been waiting a LONG time to see Harry kick Voldemort's butt. Adn we've been waiting a long time for the truth on Snape. It's time for it to be done. But I don't have to be happy about it. Just sad, relieved, and happy to have been a part of an adventure of the type we haven't seen since lord of the Rings was released.

Long live Harry. :)

Voldemorts8thHorcrux
July 7th, 2007, 9:56 pm
I still hafta reread two more books before it comes out, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Harry Potter cannot end!!!!!!!!\

:no:

dweaselqueen
July 7th, 2007, 10:31 pm
Nervous? I guess that's one way of putting it. I'm nervous because I know that at least two main characters are going to die, and I'm sure there will be more. It makes me nervous because for the first time, I don't have a set idea of who I think will live or die. With OotP, I turned out to be wrong, but it was comforting to be expecting something. In HBP, I knew it had to be Dumbledore, so I was more shocked how it happened than that it actually happened. This time, I have no idea. It's not remotely comforting.

Plus, no matter who lives and dies, we will be saying goodbye to everyone. It's sad and heartbreaking.

But at the sametime, I've started getting twinges of excitement whenever I pass a book store and Barnes and Noble draws my gaze like a bug zapper. I'm ready to know what happens, although not to say goodbye.

JesusSaves
July 7th, 2007, 10:32 pm
I've been a Potter fan for five years and I don't want it to end. So, I will not be reading Deathly Hallows EVER.

Just kidding.

But seriousley, I wish we had more time.

Spritey
July 7th, 2007, 10:34 pm
This feeling...the feeling of shutting that last book on an amazing series, has happened twice to me before...with The Lord of the Rings, and The Dark Tower series. I'd like to tell you it's pleasant---I'd like to tell you it's a relief. But it's not. It's sad. Sad for the characters you love, who have been through so much and are moving on from some cataclysmic adventure into the unknown. Sad for you, because you'll never see these characters again. Sad because you will never again be able to wait with antcipation and bated breath. Sad because you will never again wait in line for a midnight release, or talk loads of theory and speculation with your friends.

Oh, you know, I once read a quote that summed this up perfectly... let me see if I can find it...

If you have never spent whole afternoons with burning ears and rumpled hair, forgetting the world around you over a book, forgetting cold and hunger - If you have never wept bitter tears because a wonderful story has come to an end and you must take your leave of the characters with whom you have shared so many adventures, whom you have loved and admired, for whom you have hoped and feared, and without whose company life seems empty and meaningless - If such things have not been part of your own experience, you probably won't understand what Bastian did next.It's from The Neverending Story, but I've never actually read it - someone just posted this quote, and I fell in love with it. It's kind of making me weepy rereading it now, heh... god, I'm really going to miss these books =/

xFluerDelacourx
July 7th, 2007, 10:36 pm
I'm starting to get nervous to. This really is the end.

AnnaSofia
July 7th, 2007, 10:43 pm
I have a mixture of feelings...From one hand i'm excited to read what will happen and from the other hand i don't want this journey to come to an end. It's unbelievable.
But most of all i'm nervous because i really don't know if i'll understand anything in english. Now i'm reading HBP in english and if i hadn't read it in greek i wouldn't understand a thing..

Quote:
If you have never spent whole afternoons with burning ears and rumpled hair, forgetting the world around you over a book, forgetting cold and hunger - If you have never wept bitter tears because a wonderful story has come to an end and you must take your leave of the characters with whom you have shared so many adventures, whom you have loved and admired, for whom you have hoped and feared, and without whose company life seems empty and meaningless - If such things have not been part of your own experience, you probably won't understand what Bastian did next.

That is very truth...brought tears in my eyes

iluvhp91
July 7th, 2007, 10:48 pm
yes i was thinking the other day that i didnt really want to read DH because i was scared of what might happen in the book but then i want to read it to know what happens really weird i know but ive calmed down a bit lol

Selene Sedai
July 8th, 2007, 3:18 am
I'm nervous! And very exited. :)

babybear
July 8th, 2007, 3:20 am
someone should hold up a cardboard sign that says "The End is Near" with a little sad face...its so depressing yet so exciting....i cant wait but the anticipation is always better than the actual thing i cant wait till the movie comes out next week though

Lisa_Turpin
July 8th, 2007, 3:27 am
I work at a Borders and yesterday (Friday) as I was getting ready to punch in for work I heard my supervisor say, "I've got 5 skids on the truck out here. I think it's Harry Potter." I completely jumped for joy! I kept saying,"HARRY POTTER?? Really?? It's here!!" I was so excited!

It seems so real to me, seeing those cases in the back. The last book is in those, and there won't be anything else afterwards. I'm so anxious to read DH and see what's in store for Harry on his final quest, and I can't wait to read it, but I'm also sad because I know it's the end. :sigh:

STILL CAN'T WAIT FOR THE BOOK TO COME OUT THOUGH!!!! :D

Cardinal85
July 8th, 2007, 3:44 am
I think my nervousness is masked by obsessive excitement. :lol:
I've been immersing myself in the HP world the past few weeks. I've been poring over editorials on Mugglenet, re-reading the books for the millionth time, and speculating like a madman with my co-Potternerds in my town, and through IM.

I must say, once DH has come and past, I'll be really bored. :P

Montse
July 8th, 2007, 3:53 am
Thats why i love this site ,i get to share with people who feel like i feel ,i have eaten all my nails,,disgusting i know but its a bad habit i have when im awfully nervous,plus you could add sad,as the day grow closer sometimes im all yeeeey and sometimes im like if i had a dementor by my side,so sad cause its all ending...

Voldemorts8thHorcrux
July 8th, 2007, 3:57 am
So very nervous, I'm dying here

pooklette
July 8th, 2007, 4:48 am
I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I can't wait to read DH but I'm sad that it'll be the last. I just know that I'll do exactly what I did when HBP came out too. I inhaled that book in one day. Everytime I thought about putting it down, I picked it back up because I just had to know 'what comes next'. I'm sure I'll end up doing the same thing with DH but sadly, that means I'll arrive at the tragic end of however many characters that much faster. Sigh. This is going to be so very bittersweet...

Melsmel
July 8th, 2007, 6:19 am
I am getting more nervous as it gets closer and closer. It has only really just hit me that this is really the end. :lol:

ParanoidAndroid
July 8th, 2007, 6:23 am
I'm not going to get nervous until I have that book in my hands. When that happens, I'll be a mess.

aggiefan1206
July 8th, 2007, 6:23 am
Most definalty getting a bit nervous about book 7!!! Getting very anxious especially upon hearing that last interview with Jo. Should be very interesting, also nervous about the deaths. I am praying that Harry and Ginny get back togather, and that ron/hermione get togather lol. :) Waiting ever so anxiously!

YellowRose
July 8th, 2007, 1:48 pm
I keep getting the feeling that it will be an almighty let down, and millions of fans will all go 'meh!'. Then I get the feeling that it will be the best yet, and then a let down. So yes, I guess I am nervous :)

magic1013
July 8th, 2007, 1:53 pm
I remember this sort of feeling when The X-Files tv series ended. It will always be here for us to cherish though.

somerandom592
July 8th, 2007, 2:00 pm
it really annoys me how it's there....Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is sitting there in big boxes at the bookshop but I can't get it and read it RIGHT NOW! I want that book NOW!NOW!NOW!

olive632
July 8th, 2007, 2:03 pm
oh yes I am certainly nervous now and can't wait to find out what happens in the book.

observer
July 8th, 2007, 2:11 pm
im nervous as hell. i keep thinking that my theories are right and if they are i and many other fans will be really dissapointed. over here (in the country i am chatting from) we havent seen the latest harry potter movie and i am freakin out. lord save me

July 8th, 2007, 2:13 pm
i am definately nervous. when i will be lining up for the book near midnight, i am going to be in a right state!!!!! i will end up having a nervy b at the bookstore as i am about to get it, and will be rushed off to hospital and will miss it!!!! i hope not!!! :lol: i guess the panic that it has basicall ended hasn't settled in yet as much, but when i finish it it will. i will howl for hours....

troryfan
July 8th, 2007, 9:41 pm
definitely nervous, and VERY excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (notice the amount of exclamation marks)
CAN NOT WAIT :drool:

Jo

hoppitydee
July 9th, 2007, 3:16 am
I am nearly peeing my pants! When I think about it too much I can't eat!!
I can't wait, but then I can wait cos it'll be the END and.....
Thank God for this forum so I know I'm not alone--needless to say none of my friends understand!!

LadyVoldemort
July 9th, 2007, 3:21 am
I am very nervous. I keep coming back to one thing--what if my Voldykins dies? I am terrified of reading the book for fear of what may happen to Voldy.

luv2twirl
July 9th, 2007, 3:33 am
I'm nervouse, excited, and kinda sad that's its all over. (or will be very soon) I'm scared that my favorite characters, and ships won't make it through the last book. but what happens happens and i'm sure this will be the best book yet!

Tiana
July 9th, 2007, 4:13 am
At the moment i am feeling sad/excited/nervous because i dont want it to be the last one but im glad another one is almost here!!!

LoveFool4Life
July 9th, 2007, 4:18 am
Quote:
If you have never spent whole afternoons with burning ears and rumpled hair, forgetting the world around you over a book, forgetting cold and hunger - If you have never wept bitter tears because a wonderful story has come to an end and you must take your leave of the characters with whom you have shared so many adventures, whom you have loved and admired, for whom you have hoped and feared, and without whose company life seems empty and meaningless - If such things have not been part of your own experience, you probably won't understand what Bastian did next.

Ohmygod. That made me cry, lol. Not that it's unusual considering I get weepy every time a sad scene comes on in a movie, but that's moving.

BBenton357
July 9th, 2007, 4:27 am
I won't want to finish the book, because i don't want it all to finish.:(

I feel the same. But, I had OOtP ruined for me and I won' let that happen again.

I think I will finish and want to search online to make sure there isn't another book coming. (I would like to think that the story will conclude in a way that ends the story nicely so that I won't need to vent online.) :cool:

skll0v3ly
July 9th, 2007, 4:57 am
I'm absolutely terrified. To me, it's almost as if everyone is saying "THIRTEEN DAYS TILL IT ENDS!" well...actually I assume that is technically what everyone is saying...

In thirteen days all will come crashing down...

Secrets will be revealed,

and the final battle will take place.

Haha. I sound like a trailer.

Anyway, yes, yes. I have that feeling. I begin to shake every time I think of the book. Oh good gosh. I'm going to cry when I have the book in hand...

anyone else?

LadyVoldemort
July 9th, 2007, 6:27 am
I'm absolutely terrified. To me, it's almost as if everyone is saying "THIRTEEN DAYS TILL IT ENDS!" well...actually I assume that is technically what everyone is saying...

In thirteen days all will come crashing down...

Secrets will be revealed,

and the final battle will take place.

Haha. I sound like a trailer.

Anyway, yes, yes. I have that feeling. I begin to shake every time I think of the book. Oh good gosh. I'm going to cry when I have the book in hand...

anyone else?

I think I will be in shock for awhile, but I probably will not cry.

litlemsprfect
July 9th, 2007, 6:34 am
I am absolutely freaking out! I graduated this year and had to say goodbye to so many people, and now Harry Potter's going to end... I actually have this disturbing morbid feeling like my life will be over once I've finished Deathly Hallows.... I'm going to try to read it very very slowly, savor it, you know? 12 days....

LadyVoldemort
July 9th, 2007, 6:46 am
:clap::clap:

Wow, that is one heck of a poem. I have to give you props for it.

shelbell32
July 9th, 2007, 8:06 am
:cool::tu:
What a great poem joshswenson!

It was from the heart. I am getting nervous and feeling a bit sad as well.

Heart
July 9th, 2007, 8:12 am
I'm not nervous, just excited. I wanna' see how it ends and how it all wraps up. I don't know why everyone's going to be sad at this point, it's not like Harry's leaving us forever...by a long shot.

Who knows if Rowling will right again? We have movies, games, fanfictions, the fandom won't die down for at least a year or two and then you'll still have crazy fans for the movies/books.

I'm more excited than scared. We all knew it was coming sometime, now we just have to enjoy it and read it over and over again until you can drain each piece of fun out of it.

raprat
July 9th, 2007, 9:27 am
I think I will finish and want to search online to make sure there isn't another book coming. (I would like to think that the story will conclude in a way that ends the story nicely so that I won't need to vent online.)

BBenton357, I would'nt count on it! I believe JK said something along the lines of ... there's going to be a lot of discussion going on even after the 7th is out. She implied that there are going to be important bits that we'll all need to run to Mugglenet in order to figure out. (I added the Mugglenet bit)

I hope all the REALLY important bits get tied up properly though! I expect to be wowed by the 7th and it's rare for me to feel this way about a book. I usually appreach each book knowing that I may be dissapointed. After the last six though, I don't doubt next Saturday is going to be just magical! (excuse the cliche but i really couldn't help myself) Can't wait, can't wait can't wait!

Wright1771
July 9th, 2007, 10:03 am
With 12 days to go.....no, I'm not nervous. But I will be, if on arriving at the book store and finding the cartons fo Deathly Hallows is still on the docks....I think the staff will be nervous, don't you?

magic1013
July 9th, 2007, 11:27 am
Here's something I wrote trying to help with my own nerves. Spread the word!

Great poem, really good. Only mention is that you left out Cedric. *sniffle*

skll0v3ly
July 9th, 2007, 3:34 pm
I'm more excited than scared. We all knew it was coming sometime, now we just have to enjoy it and read it over and over again until you can drain each piece of fun out of it.

Hear here!!

But, yea we all knew it was coming, but we didn't want to accept that fact.

I'm going to be in tears when it ends. Not only because I'm sure JK has a spectacular wrap up, but also because this series has been my retreat. If something was wrong in my life, I was able to goto the books and read them. It's going to be sad when they end.

But yes, read the books over and over again until you don't cry in book six
book six when Dumbledore is killed by Severus
or until you don't laugh at Umbridge when she gets what she had coming to her in the Forbidden Forest. That'll take many a moon for me. I still cry in book six. :no:

But yes...'twill be sad.

LordPhoenix
July 9th, 2007, 4:49 pm
Has anyone seen that movie where people are coming out of their local bookstore with the HBP and some jerk drives by and shouts out the ending! I may just have to have someone else run in and grab it as I hide in the car with earplugs on!

Ok, back on topic. It feels kind of weird because I remember back in the day when POA was just coming out, and I was like whats the big deal its just a dumb book... but then I noticed them on my shelf untouched since I was in the second or third grades, and I started reading them. At that point I had only read the first three, and stopped on the fourth because the length turned me away. So I started again, and finished the fourth half way and stopped again. Finally the HBP was coming out so I decided that that was the time to sit down and read all the Harry Potters, and I did... and since then they have been my favorite books! Well mostly...

The thing that has me nervous the most would have to be that I only have 6 days to read all the books before the new one comes out! If I don't get them finished then, well I will have to hold off on the DH!!!!!! The horror!!!! :lol:

blargh
July 9th, 2007, 7:55 pm
Yeah, I'm nervous also, but I haven't been this excited about the publication of a book ever. I'm looking forward to 7/21, but I'm also enjoying this time leading up to the books release. This is a "once in a lifetime" thing, and I'm aiming to enjoy it all. My biggest problem will be to avoid the internet and other mass media until the book is read.

sllagnire
July 9th, 2007, 11:36 pm
I'm getting nervous because I'm only on GoF and I want to finish the series before it comes out. However, after CoS closes I may be able to do it as I do spend 2+ hours on here a day, and that time can be devoted to reading after that.

machiavelle
July 10th, 2007, 12:47 am
Nervous? Who me? (wretching sounds) No, really, I'm fine! (where did I put my paper bag?) Ok, taking my pulse now. My hands are NOT shaking. It's all good. (breath, breath, breath).

Yep, everthing is gonna be allright. No problem. Hunky-dory. Piece of cake, can-o-corn. Yessiree bobby, smooth sailing.

I'm cool as a cucumber.

Curling up into a ball now. Rocking.

hgrwfan
July 10th, 2007, 12:53 am
I don't know if I would say that I am nervous. I am definitely excited. I was just thinking that once I finish book seven it will be great to come back on the forums and send owls to those particularly rude people and say "Ha I was right and you were wrong." Just kidding Mods.

Emily33
July 10th, 2007, 12:57 am
I'm not what you could call nervous. I think a better description would be along the lines of excited! I'm not nervous about who's going to die or not, because no matter what, someone I like in the book is probably going to die. That's life :(

selfdestruct
July 10th, 2007, 1:00 am
oh so nervous. i'm not ready to say goodbye. but also very, very excited.

EBJ23
July 10th, 2007, 2:31 am
I'm more excited than nervous. I can't wait!

Hawkowl
July 10th, 2007, 2:39 am
I'm really nervous about Snape :scared:. I really want him to be good, and, IMO, the evidence points to him being good, but I know that JKR may surprise us. IMO, the whole Snape plot wouldn't make much sense if he was evil (that's just my opinion, of course, I don't want to start any Snape fights.)
I'm also worried that I won't like DH. All this excitement for nothing.
On the whole, though, I'm more excited than nervous. Eeeeek, only 11 more days :clap:!
But still, what if i don't like it? :eeep:

Potionmaster
July 10th, 2007, 2:50 am
I think I am feeling a mixture of nervousness and excitement. Thankfully, the movie is helping to take my mind off the book slightly but after tomorrow night, I'm going to be full blown book obsessed. I don't want to say goodbye to the series but I really can not wait to see how it all ends! And, to be honest, I am quite scared about which characters will snuff it. I know I'm going to be needing the tissues!

Sammi_Sohma
July 10th, 2007, 2:55 am
IM not nervous. Just jumpy..and anxious.

Like.. I don't think it's processed quite yet completely.
It's like I know it, but I don't.
I don't think i truely will until I read the last page.
:(

BitByGrayback
July 10th, 2007, 4:24 am
I'm not nervous but more along the lines of excited.
I'm also a little depressed though because this is the last new Harry Potter I will ever read.

lilyseyes
July 10th, 2007, 4:32 am
This is absolutely driving me crazy. I mean i so want to find out all the answers, but that means the end of the this little universe Ive found myself in for the past ten years. Im turning into a twitchy old thing. Im so nervous, I cant even THINK about Harry dying. Im gonna be in a right state when the book store opens and we start recieving our books. Ive planned to go incognito all weekend so I can read, cry, read , cry, etc

shelbell32
July 10th, 2007, 4:49 am
I am getting very excited! I cannot wait until July 21st! Actually July 20th will be awesome hanging out at the midnight release party! :rockon:

laffytaffygurl
July 10th, 2007, 4:54 am
I'm not ready for it to end! I'm both really excited and nervous at the same time...

RonandHermione4
July 10th, 2007, 5:15 am
I know exactly what you mean! I want that book in my hands now, but at the same time I don't. I mean, then there's no more speculating, no more predictions, no more obsessively anticipating the next book. What am I supposed to do? Twelve days couldn't pass by slower, but then it's all coming so fast at the same time. Everything's so overwhelming!

Kirbyoh
July 10th, 2007, 5:59 am
I'm nervous for several personal reasons unrelated to Harry Potter. I'm so nervous over these, in fact, I will find it impossible to be nervous over Harry Potter until the other side of Sunday. Then, I'll go insane.

Inara
July 10th, 2007, 2:11 pm
I don't know what to feel. There are just so many emotions, it is confusing.

I am more then nervous. I am over-excited, I don't know how I will get over it all. It will be so intense...

I hope I can avoid spoilers till I get my copy (my brother will try absolutely EVERYTHING to spoil it for me, I bet). As soon as I got it I will go to the empty flat of a buddy and read it.

Boy even when I think of getting and reading the book I get tears in my eyes. Soon it will be over!

lurvmedespair
July 10th, 2007, 2:29 pm
I'm getting nervous, definitely. These past couple of months I've been see-sawing between wanting to get my hands on DH as soon as possible and wishing the release date was much further away (crazy, I know). Reading the very last Potter book, after nearly ten years, and knwoing that this is it, it's making me jumpy.

xXSophXx
July 10th, 2007, 10:58 pm
im terrified! i just cant believe its neally all over and how quick its all happened. i end up looking at my countdown in shock and sometimes i just wish i could pause it for abit so i can enjoy more time with theories etc. i dont have any idea how im going to react once i get to that last page... its like the end of a chapter of my life in a way along with my childhood, abit dramatic of me but thats just me lol.
But on the other hand im really excited on finding what happens and if any of all our theories come true.
One thing i do know is that ill remember the 21st for the rest of my life

IdrilLuthien
July 10th, 2007, 11:01 pm
*Shudders* I'm 17 now, the same age as Harry and Ron will be for Deathly Hallows... its so sad, when you realize that after DH, we'll never again read about Hermione's clever schemes, never again argue over whom Snape is loyal to, never again shall we be able to laugh and cry with The Boy Who Lived. Its really the end of our childhoods. Although some of us may be older or younger, we'll still feel the same after DH- that our childhood has been ended.

antidark
July 10th, 2007, 11:15 pm
Now im nervous. I hadnt spent much time thinking about it but after going through this thread.....wow. I actually am a bit nervous:(

Vampire_Girl
July 10th, 2007, 11:15 pm
With all the stuff going on around me (I'm starting university in the fall) I haven't had time to be extremley nervous about Deathly Hallows. I've just been excited and a little anxious for it to come out.

Bunny
July 10th, 2007, 11:16 pm
I'm not nervous, just very sad.

PadfootBlack16
July 10th, 2007, 11:26 pm
im extremely nervous...ive been so for awhile, but just now it really kicked in: there are rumors of the books being shiped and the CoS stafers have said they may close early if this is true adn, well...yea, with that it finally got to me: the end is only 10 days away!!! im so nervous...its the end of a whole, longgggggggg chapter in my life and it ends with just one day. Im so sadddddddddddddddd and i know ill be so nervous on that day. but still im excited to know what happens and happy that everything will be answered in just a few days...gosh, never knew one person would have so mnay mixed feelings.

SiriusLoveGirl
July 10th, 2007, 11:31 pm
You have no idea. I go through these phases where I REALLY want time to go faster, and then I REALLY want it to take longer to get here. And in-between I'm worrying for my favorite characters and worrying about it being the last one and if I'll like it or not. :sigh:

And like PadfootBlack16 said, the forums might close down any minute if the shipping of the books is confirmed, and I don't want all the fun to be over.

I have devoted so much time to theorising and reading and thinking about these books. It's going to be sad to see the end.

Edit: Hooray, my 100th post! Finally.

PadfootBlack16
July 10th, 2007, 11:35 pm
i agree with you SiriusLoveGirl...but it also so exiciting....ill probably cry still when the end comes...bluber like a baby i well...im close to doing it know and the book is still 10 days away...so imagine! :cry: im scaredddddddddddddddddd

TreacleFudge
July 11th, 2007, 12:13 am
Its sooooooooo nerveracking! Every time I think about it I get a stomachache! I have not even THOUGHT about what to do after I finish reading it....

JesusSaves
July 11th, 2007, 1:00 am
Less than two weeks now. Oh dear, I wish we had more time.

Arwen42
July 11th, 2007, 1:09 am
I'm so nervous. I'm re reading HBP for the second time this summer, and somtimes I stop reading and think 'it's actually going to be over soon.' We are all going to know what will happen to the trio and other characters. This is a major event. All I know is that I'm pretty sure I'm going to be shedding some tears.

Weasly_Wheezes
July 11th, 2007, 1:32 am
'And like PadfootBlack16 said, the forums might close down any minute if the shipping of the books is confirmed, and I don't want all the fun to be over. '

What's happening with the forum? I thought only certain parts of it were closing? Aww - the fun of speculating will be over - and for me it only just begun (well, here).

I'm getting nervous; I've just realised, this is it. Then it's all over. We'll know everything we need to know in the Hogwarts world. The last Harry Potter midnight ceremony. I loved, from books one to three, not yet knowing everything, being left a little in the dark. Soon, everything will be there for us - it's rather exciting, but I am nervous that the book may not be as great for me as I hoped if it's like the sixth book. And then it's over.

gertiekeddle
July 11th, 2007, 1:34 am
What's happening with the forum? I thought only certain parts of it were closing? Aww - the fun of speculating will be over - and for me it only just begun (well, here).Please check out here (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=107734)! :)

Weasly_Wheezes
July 11th, 2007, 1:49 am
Thanks for the link. Now that I've read that, I'm definitely getting more nervous (yet expodentially excited). The book's release is more real.

mrsronweasley27
July 11th, 2007, 2:40 am
THE END in 11 days!! I don't know if I can do this!! Noooo....

shelbell32
July 11th, 2007, 4:47 am
I am getting very excited! I can't wait to hold the book in my hands!

:clap:Thanks for the ride JK Rowlling! I:love: Harry!

Harry has been part of my life for many years. I can't wait to pass down the excitement of the series to my children. It won't be the same, but it'll be kind of like new to see them enjoy it for the first time! There will always be new readers out there, so I think the HP world will always be alive and kicking!

bloodtraitor13
July 11th, 2007, 9:14 am
I am nervous- IMO the day before will be worse though, you'll be waiting, knowing that in 24hours it will all be over. I am so sad! :upset:

banana_fritter
July 11th, 2007, 9:39 am
Gahh! I'm excited, nervous, and sad at the same time! Mostly sad, unfortunately. I just came from watching the midnight release of OotP. It made me sort invision a bit of the Last Battle in DH, and got me really emotional.

Okay this is what happened: my grandma was asking questions about it the next day. She doesn't really understand Harry Potter so it made it a bit funny at first, because we'd say something like, "It would've been a lot better with quidditch though." then she'd say, "What's quidditch?" and we'd just be gasping uncontrollably with disbelief. Then she'd say something like, "So did Harry Potter become the boy friend of that girl with the brown hair?" She doesn't really look into it much so she just assumes it's Harry and Hermione. Anyway, being the die hard r/hr shipper that I am, I half-pretended to sniffle, saying, quite dramatically, "Oh my god! Grandma, you traitor!"

We had a few laughs after that, but then we got into the subject of whose going to die... and before I knew it, the half-pretended sniffle turned into real, hysterical sobs and that's when I really came to terms with the fact...that if Harry dies, and we're all hoping he doesn't...it's definitely going to be an extremely sad, sad end to an era.:upset: I'm probably going to store up on kleenex before I pick up my copy.

Schlubalybub
July 11th, 2007, 12:22 pm
Whenever I see anything about Harry Potter online or on the TV I am squeaking with excitement at tension

Illontai
July 11th, 2007, 12:28 pm
I can't wait for the book. It comes out on my birthday. Best.Birthday.Ever!

Annoying though, because I know I won't have it finished by the end of the weekend and everyone at uni will be talking about it - I'llbe the one walking around with my fingers in my ears screaming la-la-la.

Isil_Helyanwe
July 11th, 2007, 12:30 pm
It weird... I've been couting down from when she announced the release date, and it was like over a hundred days to go! It's just gone so fast... Especially once it got lower than 30. I can't quite believe it's coming in ten days. Thing about it. Just ten days and then we'll know EVERYTHING. Byebye cover analysis, byebye editorials, byebye theory prediction.

Okay, now I'm feeling depressed.

This is ridiculous.

Schlubalybub
July 11th, 2007, 12:36 pm
I can't wait for the book. It comes out on my birthday. Best.Birthday.Ever!

Annoying though, because I know I won't have it finished by the end of the weekend and everyone at uni will be talking about it - I'llbe the one walking around with my fingers in my ears screaming la-la-la.

Oh My God- how Comic Book Guy was that?

Although he's usually "WORST ________ Ever"

Ibelieveinmagic
July 11th, 2007, 12:44 pm
I'm nervous too, and a bit teary. I've read the books twice this year and I'm scared to think of what is going to happen at the end.

I have this constant fluttery feeling in my tummy. I'm not telling my husband that I am anticipating this more than when we got married. :lol:

My day is all planned, my house will be empty so whatever I feel I am going to go with.

g_black
July 11th, 2007, 12:51 pm
I am soooo nervous. I'm scared something is going to go terribly wrong and I somehow won't be able to get the book! I went into my bookstore today and had to get it confirmed that I had reserved it. I was so scared that maybe the computer didnt work or something. I want it to be out but then again I want time to go slow so I can prepare myself. It's sad because this is the last time I'm going to be feeling the tension :'(

marspeach
July 11th, 2007, 1:55 pm
I was getting nervous just for the movie. I can't imagine how I'll be for the book. I've already been feeling some butterflies in my stomach when I think about it.

InkspotWolf
July 11th, 2007, 2:00 pm
It's funny, I really wasn't all that excited until quite recently... I mean, I had the initial "OMG HARRYPOTTER*FLAIL*" thing, but for a long while it's just been exams, school, exams, exams. And even when they were over I wasn't in the Harry groove... but then I came back on here, and all the excitement is bubbling over again!

Though I have to say, it's very surreal that a series I started reading when I was 9 is now coming to an end right after I finished High School. Like Stephen King said, it's goodbye to childhood in 9 days. Now I'm nervous :P

dumbledorerulz
July 11th, 2007, 2:06 pm
Im really nervous too im not going to sleep the last few days before it comes out because i'll be so excited too!

busy91
July 11th, 2007, 2:10 pm
Nervous...no. Anticipating a profound sense of loss when I finish.

Prof.Blink
July 11th, 2007, 3:06 pm
I'm starting to get a little nervous myself, although I am really excited too. Having just finished re-reading the entire series, everything is fresh in my head and I'm worried for poor Harry. I can't believe the end is so near.

Illontai
July 12th, 2007, 7:50 am
Oh My God- how Comic Book Guy was that?

Although he's usually "WORST ________ Ever"

*Laughs*
Until you pointed it out, I didn't realise *shakes head at self* It is very Comic Book Guy:lol: