The PDA Thread

Tiberius
December 26th, 2007, 10:49 am
PDAs, mobile phones with Windows Mobile, Palm Pilots, Blackberries etc are all becoming very popular these days. I've seen several other people with them myself. They're incredibly useful, I can use mine to check my emails from bed, to find out what those numbers mean in food additives, to play games, write stories, keep a budget, find out what stars are visible and where the planets are in the sky, and I can even make it talk!

So I'd like this thread to be a place where we can not only discuss PDAs and other similar devices, but try to troubleshoot any problems. And maybe even provide links to downloadable software. There's a lot of free downloads out there, which I have quite a lot. :lol:

So to start with, I have an HP iPaq rx 3715. A pretty good model, but several years old now. It's got wifi and bluetooth, and a lame camera as well. It's starting to show its age though.

One of my favorite PDA sites is www.pdagold.com. They have forums there and a bunch of software, both free and the kind you have to buy. They also have reviews of software and hardware.

YellowPoofBall
December 26th, 2007, 9:27 pm
I used to have a Treo, it did absolutely everything. I had downloaded a lot of programs onto it too :D I had to stick with WAP sites though in the browser.

I think this isn't so much a PDA but just a really compact tablet PC (it doesn't include a phone), but I was recently looking at the Sony Vaio UX series. They look really cool, and ultraportable. VAIO UX Series (http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=577&parentCategoryId=16154) How cool is that...