The All-Inclusive HBP Movie Thread v. 17 - incl. movie spoilers

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

hpkid421
July 9th, 2009, 6:17 pm
Is anyone planning on seeing a midnight release?
I really want too, and I am like overly excited for this movie. :)
I think Arnold looks good, very close to how I imagined.

darkevangelist
July 9th, 2009, 6:46 pm
A new review 4.5/5 stars

http://www.reelmovienews.com/reviews/harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince/

EDIT: Another review. This one is 4/5

http://www.teletext.co.uk/bigscreen/film-reviews/098a4e22dba53655d2b76e719990a966/Harry%20PotterHalf-Blood%20(12A)%20153%20mins.aspx

AccioHP
July 9th, 2009, 8:06 pm
wow alot of stuff is coming out. I haven't watched any of the new clips. I think Im done with clips until I see the movie. I mean it this time :lol: I'll just watch the interviews and some BTS stuff.

A radio station by me was having a contest to win 4 tickets to a special screening of HBP. I tried to call in but didn't win. I guess Ill just have to wait a couple more days. I CANT bELIEVE HOW CLOSE IT REALLY IS!!

I kind of was hoping the line 'I am with you' would be in it. I guess we'll have to wait until the movie to see unless someone can confirm it who has seen the movie? That's a line the book fans would love in it. (As well as not my daughter line in DH...Which better be in!!! haha I don't see any reason why it can't because they used the b word in PoA when Aunt Marge says it)

Back to HBP...

lcbaseball22
July 9th, 2009, 8:25 pm
I wouldn't count Prairie's view. She can never make sense, and she's more concerned with adjectives and excessive pop culture references than actually informing us about the movie.

Agreed, that review was just... :no:

With all these reviews I'm annoyed at how slowly RT is adding them, they've added like one in the last 24 hrs (count is now at 11) :relax:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/harry_potter_and_the_half_blood_prince/

AccioHP
July 9th, 2009, 8:26 pm
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2009/7/9/david-heyman-confirms-ultimate-collectors-harry-potter-dvd-set-due

David Heyman confirms there's going to be an Ulitmate Collectors DVD Set. I didn't know where to put this but it was said at the HBP Press Conference in NY so I guess I can put it here. I think he's talking about the whole series. :)

Bscorp
July 9th, 2009, 8:32 pm
Also fantastic new clip which will clear up some questions regarding Lupin's line in the trailer :)

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2009/7/9/new-clip-from-half-blood-prince-lupin-tonks-at-the-burrow

Good Clip. I do wish Daniel was a little more - um- emphatic about his mistrust of Snape. He so meekish there. Oh well. Lupin is really good here.

mrfutterman
July 9th, 2009, 8:48 pm
How will Hermione kiss Ron without his remark about the elves after the battle? =(

People snog all the time, and without any reason which involves house-elves!

AccioHP
July 9th, 2009, 8:54 pm
I think this should confirm that HBP really isn't PG material.
Leaky has been twittering from the Press Conference.
Leaky's twitter:
Heyman: I don't know what the MPA were thinking (re PG rating)

lcbaseball22
July 9th, 2009, 8:56 pm
It is actually true though that in some people's minds, actually quite many, that 3/5 is more positive than 6/10.

:err: That really makes no sense, but if you say so...

Anyways, point being...other than this recent 2.5/5 (= 5/10) those 6/10's are the very worst we've seen, which is damn good if you ask me.

On a 10 point scale anything above a 5 is naturally positive...likewise with 5 point scale, anything above 2.5 should be classified positive :)

Leaky's twitter:

:lol: Well, that's good...seems Heyman was dumbfounded as well

AccioHP
July 9th, 2009, 9:00 pm
Mugglenet's twitter:
Dan at the press conference:
Dan on seeing the kiss with Bonnie: "my god it's like I have the lips of a horse and I apologize Bonnie."

What does that mean? lol

lcbaseball22
July 9th, 2009, 9:15 pm
In the Italian Behind the Scenes, I think it's video 4, there is a fantastic clip with Harry asking Katie Bell who cursed her. I really hope that plays out scene for scene in the movie, it gave my chills.

Hmm, I must have missed that. Is there actual dialogue?

And is this an old or new behind the scenes special? Well, like I said in this previous post of mine, I think perhaps if this scene remained in the final cut it's place in the timeline is directly before Sectumsempra...and Harry might follow Draco after he's left the Great Hall :hmm:

Oooh, I just realized something else. In the Sectumsempra clip Harry says "you hexed her, didn't you?" I wonder if this scene occurs then right after he talks to Katie Bell in the Great Hall (if that scene made it into the film...we see Draco exiting in other shots of that scene)

BubbleSnake
July 9th, 2009, 9:19 pm
Leaky's twitter:

This makes me feel good :lol: tho I do feel they could of done more with HBP and kept it at PG-13 easily, hopefully they do better with next movies.

NumberEight
July 9th, 2009, 9:20 pm
Rupert Grint on Regis and Kelly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IjlzHmBZcI).

CandyCane23049
July 9th, 2009, 9:34 pm
SnitchSeeker.com has pics of Rupert on Fuse TV show #1 countdown. They don;t give details on when the show will air so I'm checking it out. My TV guideline has a show coming on at 4 CT, but say's it aired on thr 6th. The next new one doens't come on until Mondat at 2pm Ct and 4pm CT

CT= Central Time

lcbaseball22
July 9th, 2009, 9:34 pm
This makes me feel good :lol: tho I do feel they could of done more HBP and kept it at PG-13 easily, hopefully they do better with next movies.

Yeah, they really could have. They had leeway but I guess the filmmakers thought it was already PG-13 level and didn't want to risk getting slapped with an R by pushing it too far. Little did they know the MPAA wasn't even going to grant them the PG-13 they shot for :lol: :grumble:

Anyways, here is a shot of what I was talking about (Draco is outlined in red)

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/162-3.jpg?t=1247171499

Somewhere along the way he'd have to remove his vest though...cause in the bathroom he's just wearing a white shirt :whistle:

CandyCane23049
July 9th, 2009, 9:38 pm
Yeah, they really could have. They had a bit of leeway but I guess the filmmakers thought it was already at PG-13 level and didn't want to risk getting slapped with an R by pushing it too far. Little did they know the MPAA wasn't even going to grant them the PG-13 they shot for :lol: :grumble:

Somewhere along the way he'd have to remove his vest though...cause in the bathroom he's just wearing a white shirt :whistle:

Snitch seeker has a clip of Tom on MTV live Canada and they show this clip. By the time Dan follows Tom to the bathroom, Tom is at the sink crying so I'm guessing he took of the vest.

sambow87
July 9th, 2009, 9:41 pm
Snitchseeker has the Italian Behind the Scenes preview that has the dialog with HP and Katie Bell. It's video number 4 I believe and towards the end.

Harry walks up to Katie and she goes on about not knowing who cursed her. There is a bit more of dialog here. Then it shows Draco standing in the aisle looking at them and Katie notices him. At that time, Harry turns around and notices Draco as well. He sort of panics (it's subtle) and walks out. It's really really well done.

Sesquipedalian
July 9th, 2009, 9:43 pm

If I recall, we have seen footage of Malfoy walking along a corridor, nervously, in television spots; he is wearing the same clothing that he does in the above photograph, so it is my assumption that he overhears Harry and Katie discussing her cursing, begins walking out of the Great Hall, Harry sees him, follows him into the bathroom (Draco has already removed his vest by this point), and thus begins Sectumsempra.

lcbaseball22
July 9th, 2009, 9:58 pm
Snitch seeker has a clip of Tom on MTV live Canada and they show this clip. By the time Dan follows Tom to the bathroom, Tom is at the sink crying so I'm guessing he took of the vest.
Yep, I JUST watched this interview with Tom actually :lol: And I forgot we'd seen this footage before in a TV spot.

http://www.mugglenet.com/images/hbplist/Ch21/21dracowalks.jpg

If I recall, we have seen footage of Malfoy walking along a corridor, nervously, in television spots; he is wearing the same clothing that he does in the above photograph, so it is my assumption that he overhears Harry and Katie discussing her cursing, begins walking out of the Great Hall, Harry sees him, follows him into the bathroom (Draco has already removed his vest by this point), and thus begins Sectumsempra.

Yeah, that's what I'm assuming as well. In the list, Arry has that shot above listed as him heading off to the RoR to test the cabinet but I think he's actually headed to the bathroom... :hmm: It's entirely possible the scene in the Great Hall with Katie was cut though (anyone asked?)

Snitchseeker has the Italian Behind the Scenes preview that has the dialog with HP and Katie Bell. It's video number 4 I believe and towards the end.

Harry walks up to Katie and she goes on about not knowing who cursed her. There is a bit more of dialog here. Then it shows Draco standing in the aisle looking at them and Katie notices him. At that time, Harry turns around and notices Draco as well. He sort of panics (it's subtle) and walks out. It's really really well done.

Do you have a link to the vid? I'm thinking I haven't seen this cause I don't recall it at all. Are you talking about the IESB bts footage?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it...it was just posted today and was off the main page :lol:

I'm surprised nobody posted the article here yet, we'll for those that were just as confused as me, here it is (it's 30 minutes long) :)

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/coming-soon-italian-half-blood-prince-behind-scenes-show-65576/

darkevangelist
July 9th, 2009, 10:10 pm
an ap press members review is up 3.5/4 stars

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/07/09/entertainment/e120143D97.DTL

harry5678
July 9th, 2009, 10:17 pm
Hey guys, i just wached the B-Roll, and I saw a bit more of the Trio in the Courtyard scene, and actually i really think that it's for the better that they cut it, it would have ruined the audience's surprise during the final events of the movie, so I completely agree with the scene being cut, but I do think we can expect it on the DVD as a deleted scene. This is what they say (In spoiler tags):

Hermione: Of course! That would explain the Vanishing Cabinet.
Ron: No no, I got an owl from dad this morning, the one at Borgin and Burkes is still there.
Harry: No i'm telling you I saw it....What if there were two Vanishing Cabinets?
Hermione: What if there were... and it cuts off there
At first I wasn't too happy about the cut of this scene and was mysteified as to why, but the way the scene opens pretty much says it right there. I totally support the decision to cut the scene, it will surprise the audience even more to the way things go down in the end of the film.

sambow87
July 9th, 2009, 10:22 pm
Sorry, I should have posted it but I didn't want to tempt others, hehe :)

LordThingy
July 9th, 2009, 10:28 pm
I'm currently in Ireland on vacation, and we went to visit the Cliffs of Moher! I got there and the first thing i did was tell my brother that it looks EXACTLY like Harry Potter. and then later that day i read the paper, and it had an article about how the newest Harry Potter movie coming out has scenes filmed at the Cliffs of Moher :p i must have super-spidey-harry potter senses or something :lol: i just thought i'd share that...hah.

i'm greatly anticipating the midnight release. me and my friends will definately be dressing up. i expect there to be quite a turn out... since harry potter fans don't have book release parties to attend anymore.

lcbaseball22
July 9th, 2009, 10:29 pm
Sorry, I should have posted it but I didn't want to tempt others, hehe :)

Ah, I see :lol:

Yeah, I'm about half way through watching it...it's great! There is a few new or extended clips. I really like the one in the potions class where Sluggy introduces "liquid luck" and it's neat how we see Draco pipe up and show interest...obviously he badly wants to win in hopes that Felix Felicis will help him achieve the task he is burdened with. Oh, it was kinda funny how Draco walks past the empty birdcage too :lol:

I'm currently in Ireland on vacation, and we went to visit the Cliffs of Moher! I got there and the first thing i did was tell my brother that it looks EXACTLY like Harry Potter. and then later that day i read the paper, and it had an article about how the newest Harry Potter movie coming out has scenes filmed at the Cliffs of Moher :p i must have super-spidey-harry potter senses or something :lol: i just thought i'd share that...hah.

i'm greatly anticipating the midnight release. me and my friends will definately be dressing up. i expect there to be quite a turn out... since harry potter fans don't have book release parties to attend anymore.

Yep, I believe we've known for quite a while that they filmed the exterior cave scenes there :cool:

Hey guys, i just wached the B-Roll, and I saw a bit more of the Trio in the Courtyard scene, and actually i really think that it's for the better that they cut it, it would have ruined the audience's surprise during the final events of the movie, so I completely agree with the scene being cut, but I do think we can expect it on the DVD as a deleted scene. This is what they say (In spoiler tags):

Hermione: Of course! That would explain the Vanishing Cabinet.
Ron: No no, I got an owl from dad this morning, the one at Borgin and Burkes is still there.
Harry: No i'm telling you I saw it....What if there were two Vanishing Cabinets?
Hermione: What if there were... and it cuts off there
At first I wasn't too happy about the cut of this scene and was mysteified as to why, but the way the scene opens pretty much says it right there. I totally support the decision to cut the scene, it will surprise the audience even more to the way things go down in the end of the film.

I agree, it's best for the film version to have everyone pretty much completely oblivious to the suspicious activity...this way we can avoid character contradictions or plotholes or whatever you want to call it. I don't think it would be very good at all for the trio to be enlightened as to Draco's doings and then not try to do anything about it. Harry just goes off to the cave and leaves his friends and the rest of the castle in potential danger. It would beg the question why at the very least he didn't tell them to keep on eye on Draco by using the Maurader's map and if he went back to the RoR to follow him and ambush him or something. And Draco could use the darkness powder and it'd play out the same, they don't have to find help. But we wouldn't be left wondering why they didn't take action after solving the mystery

BubbleSnake
July 9th, 2009, 10:37 pm
I dont think anyone posted this yet, but 2 reviews from 2 little kids 10 and 11, I thought it was rather funny, but I guess this truely shows this isn't meant for ppl that young.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/harry-potter/5778538/Harry-Potter-a nd-the-Half-Blood-Prince-review.html
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, review
A ten year old and an eleven year old give their views of the new Harry Potter film - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

By Charlie and Freddie Ruddle
Published: 2:32PM BST 08 Jul 2009

By Charlie Ruddle (11)

Clever, witty, gripping what else do you want from a movie?. Sadly this is not what I can say about The Half Blood Prince. Although I was really excited about the new Harry Potter film and I thought that the start was brilliant, I have to say it started fading away about half way through.

The special effects were outstanding, but don’t they get better every year anyway? I thought the main story line came in very late, so I never got the gist of it. I also thought that it was one of those films that you could have easily gone to sleep in.

Some of the new characters, like Professor Slughorn, were fun but overall it was not the best Harry Potter movie I have seen and I would not go and see it again.

By Freddie Ruddle (10)

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is very interesting and the best Harry Potter film so far. I am a really big Harry Potter fan and I love them all. The only reason I like the new one best is because the special effects and the graphics are better than the rest.

The beginning was brilliant because it was exciting and a little bit scary, but when it got deeper in it got a little bit worse. For instance, there was a girl who was mindlessly in love with Ron, she kept on snogging him. It was funny at first, but got out of hand.

It was also bad because it was confusing. At one point Harry and Dumbledore were on a rock and then they were suddenly in a cave. It was weird and complicated. Even though this Harry Potter doesn’t have the best structure I want to see it again.

lcbaseball22
July 9th, 2009, 10:41 pm
I dont think anyone posted this yet, but 2 reviews from 2 little kids 10 and 11, I thought it was rather funny, but I guess this truely shows this isn't meant for ppl that young.

Yep, like I said...kids are probably not going to enjoy this. :no: :p The romance is either going to bore them or gross them out and there are likely scenes that'll scare them out of their wits as well. The only elements I can see them finding enjoyable is the general fantasy of it.

This book is geared to young adults and older :tu: The earlier books, sure they were more for kids...but the later ones are more mature. :cool:

EDIT: So, I finished watching that Italian BTS special...and saw the Katie Bell clip :clap: Yeah, it's great, I hope it remains in the final cut :tu:

AccioHP
July 9th, 2009, 11:18 pm
Watch the NY premiere on UStream! Thanks to leaky/Pottercast.
http://www.ustream.tv./channel/pottercast

BubbleSnake
July 9th, 2009, 11:23 pm
Watch the NY premiere on UStream! Thanks to leaky/Pottercast.
http://www.ustream.tv./channel/pottercast

Perdy cool I'm watching it :D tho abit hard to hear it, soo much background noise XD, tad bit staticy too

ArryGrotter
July 9th, 2009, 11:27 pm
Perdy cool I'm watching it :D tho abit hard to hear it, soo much background noise XD, tad bit staticy too

Yeah, that's the problem I had with it too. So I gave up :shrug:

lcbaseball22
July 9th, 2009, 11:28 pm
Hmm, has anyone seen Snitchseeker's review of the film yet? :hmm: According to the article (which was days ago)...

We will be running our own review of the film (which we saw this morning) on Wednesday

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/half-blood-prince-reviews-update-2-a-65515/

LordThingy
July 9th, 2009, 11:31 pm
Yep, I believe we've known for quite a while that they filmed the exterior cave scenes there :cool:

I wasn't claiming it was news... i just thought it was cool and thought others might as well! guess not :relax:

lcbaseball22
July 9th, 2009, 11:56 pm
How are the reviews coming along? I read a couple in the Times and the Evening Standard (UK) and they both said pretty much the same thing, that it was an entry that never really manages to escape the 'more of the same' feeling, though Gambon and Broadbent bring something to the picture.

Here is another example of a review that pretty says completely the contrary to "more of the same"

Three distinctive directors — Chris Columbus, Alfonso Cuaron and Mike Newell — made the first four movies. Along with Yates on No. 5, the filmmakers all brought their own touches and baubles, but there was a sameness about the series that was growing tiresome by Yates' first one.

This time, Yates stays true to the Rowling recipe yet infuses the film with a freshness and energy that makes it seem like a new start, not the stale old chapter six it could have been

source- http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/07/09/entertainment/e120143D97.DTL

Oh, and as I follow up to boushh's comments, I thought this bit was hilarious :rotfl: Kids obviously won't get it (well, most anyways), but we will

And the broomsticks between the boys' legs take on a bawdy phallic look that wryly complements the sexual themes emerging among the teens.

It's kinda like the sort of shameless stuff Michael Bay threw into the latest Transformers...but not quite to the same degree :lol:

ArryGrotter
July 10th, 2009, 12:13 am
Yet another clip! Three Broomsticks: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/07/09/exclusive-harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-serves-up-some-butterbeer/

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 12:16 am
Yet another clip! Three Broomsticks: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/07/09/exclusive-harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-serves-up-some-butterbeer/

Wow, soo many clips...I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and apprehensive, yet I'm watching every one! :lol: :whistle:

decarus
July 10th, 2009, 12:18 am
That was great. I enjoyed that one. Emma is great in this film.

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 12:20 am
That was a great clip, the acting is very natural. It's still pretty funny even with knowing the lines :lol: It's soo odd seeing this after we acted out the script. I must say I think they did loads better than us...MoD's Slughorn was pretty good...but not as fantastic as Broadbent here :p

ally_xx
July 10th, 2009, 12:37 am
Four more sleeps!!

NumberEight
July 10th, 2009, 12:55 am
Here's (http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/reviews/review-harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince.php) another review. The reviewer gives it a B+. It's a well written review. I think you'll like this review, yoshi2542. It talks about the cinematography and I recall you loving the third film's cinematography.

An excerpt:

Sure, there are a few misteps in the story telling even if it’s laudable that Yates and company would tackle such a dynamic and varied story. Hopefully, they will be able to strike a little cleaner balance with the last films, but over all I left the screening of Half-Blood Prince with a sense of urgency. It was a sense that something huge is happening and unraveling before an international audience of movie goers. We’ve seen the evolution of the series from children’s films to what they are now – beautiful pieces of cinematic art. If you were among the ones that felt Yates had elevated the series with his last film, you’re in for an even higher level of artistic merit from the man who will (by the end) have directed more Potter film than anyone else. With that revolving door of directorial visions, it seemed odd that Yates would be chosen again for the last two, but his work on Half-Blood Prince made me realize why, and I have every confidence that he and the rest of the cast and crew will deliver something spectacular for the final chapters.
and another:

The acting has also improved. While it’s clear that the younger talent still has a few things to learn (and they are learning), the veteran cast is astonishingly good. Maggie Smith carries herself brilliantly, somehow able to express both outrage and concern at the same time while channeling everyone on the planet’s grandmother. Michael Gambon, of course, is at home building and reshaping a Dumbledore that continues to become more enigmatic as we learn more about him.

But far and away the standouts are Alan Rickman and the newly-added Jim Broadbent. The way Rickman plays Snape in this film makes it seem like he was holding back all these years. It makes me excited to wonder what he’ll be able to do in the upcoming films. He’s been more than fantastic in each film, but with even more to do, he proves again why he’s one of the best actors in the business.

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 1:07 am
Here's (http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/reviews/review-harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince.php) another review. The reviewer gives it a B+. It's a well written review.

An excerpt:

Sure, there are a few misteps in the story telling even if it’s laudable that Yates and company would tackle such a dynamic and varied story. Hopefully, they will be able to strike a little cleaner balance with the last films, but over all I left the screening of Half-Blood Prince with a sense of urgency. It was a sense that something huge is happening and unraveling before an international audience of movie goers. We’ve seen the evolution of the series from children’s films to what they are now – beautiful pieces of cinematic art. If you were among the ones that felt Yates had elevated the series with his last film, you’re in for an even higher level of artistic merit from the man who will (by the end) have directed more Potter film than anyone else. With that revolving door of directorial visions, it seemed odd that Yates would be chosen again for the last two, but his work on Half-Blood Prince made me realize why, and I have every confidence that he and the rest of the cast and crew will deliver something spectacular for the final chapters.
and another:

The acting has also improved. While it’s clear that the younger talent still has a few things to learn (and they are learning), the veteran cast is astonishingly good. Maggie Smith carries herself brilliantly, somehow able to express both outrage and concern at the same time while channeling everyone on the planet’s grandmother. Michael Gambon, of course, is at home building and reshaping a Dumbledore that continues to become more enigmatic as we learn more about him.

But far and away the standouts are Alan Rickman and the newly-added Jim Broadbent. The way Rickman plays Snape in this film makes it seem like he was holding back all these years. It makes me excited to wonder what he’ll be able to do in the upcoming films. He’s been more than fantastic in each film, but with even more to do, he proves again why he’s one of the best actors in the business.

Thanks for posting :) BTW, I like your sig (the wheelie quote, that part was great) :lol:...though I found the twins quite annoying :p

Anyone know what grades filmschoolrejects gave the previous Potter films? I'm curious where they rank it in the series...best yet? :whistle:

meesha1971
July 10th, 2009, 1:09 am
Just finished watching the clips and behind the scenes footage. It's looking pretty good so far - just a couple of things that seem off to me, but nothing new thank goodness. Good to know the context of Hermione hitting Ron with the book finally. I don't find it odd for Hermione to have a book at the opening feast myself - is Hermione ever truly without a book on hand? :lol:

Have we got any pics or footage from the US premiere yet?

NumberEight
July 10th, 2009, 1:12 am
Anyone know what grades filmschoolrejects gave the previous Potter films?
Order of the Phoenix was recommended (http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/reviews/review-harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix.php).

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 1:18 am
Order of the Phoenix was recommended (http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/reviews/review-harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix.php).

Hmm, ok...thanks :) I was hoping it'd be graded in the same fashion though (A,B,C, etc) :lol:

Oh guys, not sure if this has been metioned yet but I just realized something watching the Sectumsempra clip...I didn't notice Nigel on the toilet :rotfl: so this has seemingly been omitted from the final cut, THANK GOD :p I know test screen viewers said it wasn't that bad...but no

decarus
July 10th, 2009, 1:23 am
I thought that too. I hope that there is no Nigel on the toilet either. There is so much humor and light moments in this film, i don't think they need to lighten the dark moments. I think the sectumsempra scene should be intense while they are fighting and scary once Harry has realized what he has done.

ally_xx
July 10th, 2009, 1:30 am
I saw the clip of Draco and Harry fighting on the tv this morning, but there was no music behind it ... ????

Can someone help clear this up? Is there music in that scene? It seemed so dull for me without music :(

decarus
July 10th, 2009, 1:34 am
All the clips we have had have no music in this scene. There are just sound effects of spells being thrown, glass breaking, water dripping, etc. I actually kind of liked it.

CountWestwest
July 10th, 2009, 2:00 am
Another clip. Ginny snogging Dean Thomas. Rons reaction to Hermione's comment is brilliant. :lol:

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/07/09/exclusive-harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-serves-up-some-butterbeer/

Fly
July 10th, 2009, 2:04 am
Yes. Ron's reaction to her comment is indeed quite brilliant. Nicely done. I'm sure this movie'll put my into a gigglefit after I watch, after I've gotten over the initial gloom of the end bit.

SnakeSinister
July 10th, 2009, 2:06 am
Another clip. Ginny snogging Dean Thomas. Rons reaction to Hermione's comment is brilliant. :lol:

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/07/09/exclusive-harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-serves-up-some-butterbeer/

Omg! I love it! These are the moments in this film I am looking forward to the most!:love: I remember reading those scenes with Ginny and laughing. I am pleased they did not cut it out and just rush into the stuff with her and Harry, I mean they already are changing enough about them from what I saw anyway.

Fly
July 10th, 2009, 2:09 am
Honestly, I don't think I'll mind the changes with Ginny and Harry. It makes more... sense, I suppose. And I like it that it's Ginny kissing Harry and not the other way around. I always picture Ginny as a more bold person.

ally_xx
July 10th, 2009, 2:14 am
Damn it. I broke yet another vow. Couldn't resist looking.

:rotfl:

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 2:17 am

Is this the same one that was posted on like the previous page? :whistle:

Edit: Oh, yeah it is :lol:

storyteller
July 10th, 2009, 2:30 am
I always imagined the diadem as just a silver circlet maybe thicker near the front. I never imagined it being very flashy, but of course my imagination has no baring on what they will make it look like in DH.

We do know that in the book the diadem is on a bust in the room of requirements, so that could be it. In the book Harry actually picks the diadem up in HBP. It may be that they will have Ginny pick it up instead or at least remember it.

Actually the way a diadnum was first suspected as a horocrux was because in Ps/SS when the ghost fly threw the window the fat frier has a goblet, the bloody baron a necklace, Nick a sword. Guess what the Grey Lady had.
I think that is what it is going to look like if you want to go back and watch the first scenes of the movie.

SnakeSinister
July 10th, 2009, 2:33 am
Honestly, I don't think I'll mind the changes with Ginny and Harry. It makes more... sense, I suppose. And I like it that it's Ginny kissing Harry and not the other way around. I always picture Ginny as a more bold person.

That's kind of what I meant, I want the very moment where Ginny runs up to Harry in that scene after the Quidditch match smiling and Harry just spontaneously plants one on her. All of these photos of them together almost smooching looks so Hollywood. I just want it to be sweet and romantic like the book and not spiced up too much or overdone.

I also hope there are cut-aways to everyone's reaction like in the book. I am hoping to see Ron with a look of "Well, if you must" LOL.

TLFL22
July 10th, 2009, 2:53 am
I Love the Three Broomsticks scene! This is the first time we really get a chance to see Hermione being all "girly," for lack of a better term. I mean Hermione was always, well to me atleast, a hidden romantic, and this is a great scene for it to come out in the open. Ron's reaction to Hermione's comment was GREAT! Only a few more days, YIPPIE.

I am going to be a giggle machine when I am in the moive theatre on Tues! :)

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 2:58 am
That's kind of what I meant, I want the very moment where Ginny runs up to Harry in that scene after the Quidditch match smiling and Harry just spontaneously plants one on her. All of these photos of them together almost smooching looks so Hollywood. I just want it to be sweet and romantic like the book and not spiced up too much or overdone.

I also hope there are cut-aways to everyone's reaction like in the book. I am hoping to see Ron with a look of "Well, if you must" LOL.

Err, I agree with you but sorry to break it to you...this kiss has been completely altered, the photos you've seen are what's it's like :sigh:

SwedishSkinJer
July 10th, 2009, 3:03 am
Yeah, they actually kiss in the Room of Requirement in the movie, not the Common Room after Quidditch. It's more slow, like the Cho kiss, but still spontaneous, because they were only heading to the RoR to store the book of the Half Blood Prince away.

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 3:07 am
Yeah, they actually kiss in the Room of Requirement in the movie, not the Common Room after Quidditch. It's more slow, like the Cho kiss, but still spontaneous, because they were only heading to the RoR to store the book of the Half Blood Prince away.

Actually, I'll have to wait until I see the full scene to say for sure but I get the feeling Ginny had planned this. She wanted to get him alone, the circumstances created an opportunity. She must've felt heartbroken when he doesn't acknowledge and basically rejects her advances. :(

ArryGrotter
July 10th, 2009, 3:10 am
So, there is a planned date for the DVD: Dec 7, 2009! http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2009/7/9/harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-dvd-due-december-7-2009

I am wondering if this is worldwide (the DVDs usually don't have worldwide release) and if it isn't if other countries could get it before (OotP) or after (GoF and everyone before it :lol:)

Well, Dec 7 is a good date for me - after my final exams!

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 3:16 am
So, there is a planned date for the DVD: Dec 7, 2009! http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2009/7/9/harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-dvd-due-december-7-2009

I am wondering if this is worldwide (the DVDs usually don't have worldwide release) and if it isn't if other countries could get it before (OotP) or after (GoF and everyone before it :lol:)

Well, Dec 7 is a good date for me - after my final exams!

So, I guess this is as good of place to ask as any...Heyman's comments about the "ultimate collectors edition"

Do we think that means an Extended Edition box set similar to LotR? I really hope so...we know they have tons of footage they've withheld.

AccioHP
July 10th, 2009, 3:20 am
So, I guess this is as good of place to ask as any...Heyman's comments about the "ultimate collectors edition"

Do we think that means an Extended Edition box set similar to LotR? I really hope so...we know they have tons of footage they've withheld.

When he says Ultimate Collectors Edition he's referring to the whole series when it is out right? Or is it a Collectors Edition for HBP?

ArryGrotter
July 10th, 2009, 3:23 am

A better place to discuss that probably would be The OTHER deleted scenes (Not on the DVD) (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=111884) or the long forgotten A release of an extended version dvd from WB? (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=113897)...

snugglepot
July 10th, 2009, 3:23 am

Yes, good point. I will only bother buying it if they are the extended editions.
I saw PS on TV on Saturday night, and it is brilliant with the deleted scenes placed back in it. I, so want a copy of the complete version, and of the other movies.
They had better release extended editions!

AccioHP
July 10th, 2009, 3:26 am
So I haven't watched any of the new clips that were released either yesterday or today (whenever it was lol), but they all sound so good!!! I can't take it but I don't want to give in:lol:. Only 6 more days

meesha1971
July 10th, 2009, 3:27 am

That was my impression from his comment - I assume that's planned for after DH 1 and 2 are completed so it will be a box set of all 8 movies. Hopefully my copies of PS/SS and COS will last that much longer - they're getting worn out from repeated viewings. :lol: GOF and OOTP are still okay - haven't had them quite as long as the first two.

I like the Three Broomsticks scene - the look on Ron's face when Hermione asks if he'd expect Ginny to leave if he was snogging her is priceless. :lol:

NickLojewski
July 10th, 2009, 3:29 am
Spoiler, Infirni look like the hobbits from LOtR

CrazyMuggle
July 10th, 2009, 3:40 am
Spoiler, Infirni look like the hobbits from LOtR

I assume you mean Inferi and I also assume you mean Gollum :lol:

cgold
July 10th, 2009, 3:43 am
I hope this ultimate DVD collection shows lots and lots of behind the scenes footage of the actors from all the movies. The other DVDs have been severely lacking in this. I wouldn't mind if they added some bloopers too.

Why is Rottentomatoes taking so long to upload the reviews. Is it usually always this slow?

Cheers.

DML1991
July 10th, 2009, 3:58 am
The ultimate collector's editions are confirmed and the first two already have cover arts, probably to come out along with HBP's dvd/blu-ray release.Why is Rottentomatoes taking so long to upload the reviews. Is it usually always this slow?It is. They like dragging it out, I suppose. :shrug:

NumberEight
July 10th, 2009, 4:08 am
The ultimate collector's editions are confirmed and the first two already have cover arts, probably to come out along with HBP's dvd/blu-ray release.It
Do you have a link to the cover art and an article about it?

DML1991
July 10th, 2009, 4:14 am
Do you have a link to the cover art and an article about it?http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1247191793/ref=sr_nr_seeall_2?ie=UTF8&rs=&keywords=harry%20potter%20blu-ray%20ultimate%20collector%27s%20edition&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aharry%20potter%20blu-ray%20ultimate%20collector%27s%20edition%2Ci%3Advd

NumberEight
July 10th, 2009, 4:18 am
http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1247191793/ref=sr_nr_seeall_2?ie=UTF8&rs=&keywords=harry%20potter%20blu-ray%20ultimate%20collector%27s%20edition&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aharry%20potter%20blu-ray%20ultimate%20collector%27s%20edition%2Ci%3Advd
It's only on Blu-Ray? That sucks.

Edit; Nevermind. I see them listed on Amazon.

DML1991
July 10th, 2009, 4:32 am
It's only on Blu-Ray? That sucks. No, it doesn't. :p

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 5:25 am
Yes, good point. I will only bother buying it if they are the extended editions.
I saw PS on TV on Saturday night, and it is brilliant with the deleted scenes placed back in it. I, so want a copy of the complete version, and of the other movies.
They had better release extended editions!

Yeah, that would be nice but no...not what I was talking about. Extended Editions meaning like the director's cut of the film. For instance OotP was over 3 hours before Yates was ordered by the studio to chop it down by over 45 minutes. For the most part I find deleted scenes they've given us on the DVD's to be quite crappy. There is loads more interesting material that they've withheld from us, some we know of and some I can only imagine how cool. Like another example, they filmed Peeve's material for the 1st film, can't wait to see that! :D

BTW, thanks for the link DML...I hadn't heard yet. I'll be waiting until after DH is out though so I can buy them all at once in the box set :p

Unfortunately there isn't really a description to tell us what more we'll be getting with these versions :whistle:

And yeah, I'm annoyed that Rotten Tomatoes is taking so long as well... :relax:

SwedishSkinJer
July 10th, 2009, 5:36 am
Wait, so will the forthcoming Ultimate Editions feature more deleted scenes, like Peeves?

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 5:38 am
Wait, so will the forthcoming Ultimate Editions feature more deleted scenes, like Peeves?

Well, that's what I'm wondering... :whistle: I hope so :drool:

I'd love for em to be like the LotR EE's...another 30 minutes+ of footage added back into the film. They have the footage, question is will they take the time to complete post production. They'd be stupid not too, it would be a hot commodity...milk the franchise even more :lol:

meesha1971
July 10th, 2009, 5:39 am

We hope. ;)

I'd like a director's cut with the deleted scenes added back in and tons of behind the scenes featurettes myself. :D

SwedishSkinJer
July 10th, 2009, 5:40 am
I wonder why they decided to cut Peeves in every movie.

FemmeCerebus
July 10th, 2009, 5:46 am
Gosh, did anyone see how tall Emma Watson is?

I wonder why they decided to cut Peeves in every movie.
Who plays him?

SwedishSkinJer
July 10th, 2009, 5:49 am

Who plays him?

Rik Mayall filmed scenes as Peeves.

http://www.livingtv.co.uk/images/rik-mayall.jpg

http://img2.allposters.com/images/MMPH/273625.jpg

meesha1971
July 10th, 2009, 5:49 am

I think those skyscraper heels have a lot to do with that. :lol:

Rik Mayall filmed scenes as Peeves.

http://www.livingtv.co.uk/images/rik-mayall.jpg

That's eerily similar to how I always picture Peeves when reading! :scared:

SwedishSkinJer
July 10th, 2009, 5:52 am
We know he filmed a few scenes as Peeves, but they've never been released.

ally_xx
July 10th, 2009, 6:04 am
That's eerily similar to how I always picture Peeves when reading! :scared:

Me too! I really wish Peeves was in the movies!!

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 6:06 am

Who plays him?

Yeah, I she's not much shorter than Rupert now I don't believe. Dan is a couple inches shorter than them both. Emma's also dressed a bit more provocatively this time I see :lol: And Dan's expression is hilarious :lol: Hmm, Bonnie has a suspicious smirk on her face, you think?

http://www.snitchseeker.com/gallery/albums/userpics/13923/88956398.jpg

Oh, and as the others said...it's Rick Mayall, who after seeing those pics is quite creepy looking and yeah, similar to my idea of Peeve's :scared:

siriussternfan
July 10th, 2009, 6:06 am
Ok been a while since i posted on the boards but was watching tv just now and the trailer for H B P came on was so exicted so close to the realease but then at the end it said rated pg WHAT "ok calm down calm down" sorry for that had to let of some steam but to my point this is the part in the books and movies where things get violent people die i understand kids go to see this to but come on heck the pirates of the carribean movies where pg-13 and those movies broke like all the records at the box office hey warner brothers when is enough enough you pushed back the realease to put out that dump vampire movie and then said D H is going to be 2 parts all for the almighty$ the movie better be as good or better than the previous movie or i think im done caring about warner brothers lol this is my rant worded poorly misspellings just about every error but im mad lol

ally_xx
July 10th, 2009, 6:09 am
Yeah, I she's not much shorter than Rupert now I don't believe. Dan is a couple inches shorter than them both. Emma's also dressed a bit more provocatively this time I see :lol: And Dan's expression is hilarious :lol: Hmm, Bonnie has a suspicious smirk on her face... :elaugh:

http://www.snitchseeker.com/gallery/albums/userpics/13923/88956398.jpg

Oh, and as the others said...it's Rick Mayall, who after seeing those pics is quite creepy looking and yeah, similar to my idea of Peeve's :scared:

Is that McLaggen on Ginny's left? It's a great pic!

And I must say, Ginny is looking more stunning than ever lately! And I am loving Emma's dress!

I can't believe I will be watching this movie in just 5 days!! :D

9th_Wonder
July 10th, 2009, 6:13 am

And I must say, Ginny is looking more stunning than ever lately! And I am loving Emma's dress!

Yeah, that's the actor that plays McLaggen.

edit: 4 days and 23 hours away for me :lol:

ally_xx
July 10th, 2009, 6:14 am
Yeah, that's the actor that plays McLaggen

Thanks, I thought it was, but I wasn't sure, I have only seen him briefly in a clip.

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 6:16 am

Yeah, it is McLaggen and as a straight male I'll say he looks ridiculously handsome. Doesn't really match the description of the character in the book (about how he was so fat he could block all 3 hoops) but they cast an underwear model, so what do you expect? :p What I would give to look like him :lol: I saw a bit more of the Quidditch tryouts in the Italian BTS vid earlier today...he looks fantastically arrogant, I love it! The thing is he can back it up...cause he's soo damn good, till Hermione confunds him :elaugh: Though they haven't shown the confunding yet

Yeah, Bonnie looks better here...not quite so heavy on the make-up this time :tu: And Emma's dress is more "sexy" than "lovely " :lol: :p

ally_xx
July 10th, 2009, 6:17 am
Yeah, it is McLaggen and as a straight male I'll say he looks ridiculously handsome. Doesn't really match the description of the character in the book (about how he was so fat he could block all 3 hoops) but they cast an underwear model, so what do you expect? :p What I would give to look like him :lol: I saw a bit more of the Quidditch tryouts in the Italian BTS vid earlier today...he looks fantastically arrogant, I love it! The thing is he can back it up...cause he's soo damn good, till Hermione confunds him :elaugh: Though they haven't shown the confunding yet

Yeah, Bonnie looks better here...not quite so heavy on the make-up this time :tu:

He does look exceedingly arrogant! Can't wait to see what he looks like when he is confunded!

SwedishSkinJer
July 10th, 2009, 6:35 am
Lol. I found something amusing on a HBP forum:

Voldemort = Moron

1.) Failed to kill a toddler.
2.) Hung out in Albania eating rats and giving handjobs for money.

CoS

4.) Failed to possess an eleven year old girl.

GoF

5.) Used Harry's blood to resurrect himself.
6.) Played around and let Harry escape from the graveyard. When he was already entangled by the statue in the graveyard, Voldemort didn't stab him immediately.

OotP

7.) Stormed into the Ministry for a prophecy that Lucius ended up breaking anyway. Then he let himself be spotted by the gosh dern Minister of Magic himself, alerting the entire wizarding world of his presence.

HBP

8.) Instead of hiding his horcrux in good places, he decided to put them in obvious locations that anyone with knowledge of his past could figure out. Here's an idea: make one out of a single grain of sand after murdering a life guard at a beach, and then throw it into the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Good luck finding that, Harry.

9.) Bought everything Severus Snape said hook line and sinker.

DH

13.) Didn't check to see if Harry was dead himself
14.) Shot himself in the face

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 6:40 am
Lol. I found something amusing on a HBP forum:

Voldemort = Moron

1.) Failed to kill a toddler.
2.) Hung out in Albania eating rats and giving handjobs for money.

CoS

4.) Failed to possess an eleven year old girl.

GoF

5.) Used Harry's blood to resurrect himself.
6.) Played around and let Harry escape from the graveyard. When he was already entangled by the statue in the graveyard, Voldemort didn't stab him immediately.

OotP

7.) Stormed into the Ministry for a prophecy that Lucius ended up breaking anyway. Then he let himself be spotted by the gosh dern Minister of Magic himself, alerting the entire wizarding world of his presence.

HBP

8.) Instead of hiding his horcrux in good places, he decided to put them in obvious locations that anyone with knowledge of his past could figure out. Here's an idea: make one out of a single grain of sand after murdering a life guard at a beach, and then throw it into the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Good luck finding that, Harry.

9.) Bought everything Severus Snape said hook line and sinker.

DH

13.) Didn't check to see if Harry was dead himself
14.) Shot himself in the face

:lol:

That's a good point about not checking himself to see if Harry was dead, pretty silly when you think about it. Yeah, he was quite a moron :p

So guys, there are no additional details on what these "ultimate collector's editions" might contain besides what it says on the Amazon page, right? It doesn't even give a freaking runtime! That'd be most useful in figuring out whether they will be worthwhile :relax:

theprince18
July 10th, 2009, 6:42 am

Yeah, Bonnie looks better here...not quite so heavy on the make-up this time :tu: And Emma's dress is more "sexy" than "lovely " :lol: :p

Agreed McLaggen looks really arrogant. He obviously knows that Ron is friends with Hermione so he purposely asks Ron to introduce him to Hermione. Anyway I also can't wait to see him confunded, that's going to be so funny.

Also Bonnie looks much better than at the London premiere. And Emma looks to flatter some men with that dress.:drool: Dan kinda looked like a vampire on Letterman's show tonight cuz he's so pale. I can't believe that Rupert and Dan are almost as short or shorter than Emma.

SwedishSkinJer
July 10th, 2009, 6:43 am
"Hey Narcissa, is Harry dead?"

"Yup."

"OK, cool. Even though your family has failed me twice before, I won't take the time to walk over and make sure Harry is fully dead myself. To the castle, everyone!"

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 6:47 am
Agreed McLaggen looks really arrogant. He obviously knows that Ron is friends with Hermione so he purposely asks Ron to introduce him to Hermione. Anyway I also can't wait to see him confunded, that's going to be so funny.

Also Bonnie looks much better than at the London premiere. And Emma looks to flatter some men with that dress.:drool: Dan kinda looked like a vampire on Letterman's show tonight cuz he's so pale. I can't believe that Rupert and Dan are almost as short or shorter than Emma.

Yep. Actually no though on the heights. Rupert is like 5'11", Emma is a little bit shorter than Rupert...and then Dan is like 5'7" :lol:

"Yup."

"OK, cool. Even though your family has failed me twice before, I won't take the time to walk over and make sure Harry is fully dead myself. To the castle, everyone!"

:rotfl: :tu:

ally_xx
July 10th, 2009, 6:51 am

"Yup."

:rotfl: :rotfl: That is going in my sig!!!!

meesha1971
July 10th, 2009, 7:04 am

Actually, McLaggen was never described as "fat" - he was supposed to be large and muscular. I think comments about him being big enough to guard all three hoops and comparing his size to a troll were exaggerations to show that. Rather like a football player or wrestler was my impression. The clip of Quidditch tryouts was great - he was fabulously arrogant there. Perfect. :tu:

I think Bonnie and Emma both looked lovely. Whoever said sexy couldn't be lovely as well? ;)

SwedishSkinJer
July 10th, 2009, 7:09 am
:rotfl: :rotfl: That is going in my sig!!!!

If I ever meet Rowling, I am asking her, "Even though Draco and Lucius both failed him, why the hell did Voldemort trust Narcissa, ANOTHER MALFOY, when he asked her if Harry was dead? He's been waiting to slay Harry for years! Surely he could have taken ten seconds to check Harry's pulse himself!"

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 7:10 am
Actually, McLaggen was never described as "fat" - he was supposed to be large and muscular. I think comments about him being big enough to guard all three hoops and comparing his size to a troll were exaggerations to show that. Rather like a football player or wrestler was my impression. The clip of Quidditch tryouts was great - he was fabulously arrogant there. Perfect. :tu:

I think Bonnie and Emma both looked lovely. Whoever said sexy couldn't be lovely as well? ;)

Well, there is an image in the book as well...and from Grand Pre's illustration it seems she took Jo to be describing a "fat" guy as well. :shrug:

The descriptions were probably an exaggeration of Harry's...but I never got the impression he was particularly handsome anyways.

Whatever, I think it's best that the film has both the competing love interests as really attractive...give Ron and Hermione a run for their money and instill jealously in one another. It wouldn't be as impactful IMO, if they were weren't very good looking, no competition really

ArryGrotter
July 10th, 2009, 7:23 am
And for one final time:

Due to its immense popularity, the list now has its own thread for your own convenience.

The list could never have been possible without MasterOfDeath starting it back in January 2008. From then, it would come out once a month in the All-Inclusive HBP Thread (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=121116), until it gained it’s own thread.

As it came more lengthy with more information flooding in, more people became involved: ArryGrotter, lcbaseball22, meesha1971, Montse, houseelf25 and Rachezee.

Thank you to all of these people! :)

Welcome to the eighteenth, and last, edition of the HBP list! Another month gone and we are now closer than ever to this exciting event. We are now at the six day mark in the countdown for this highly anticipated film and it is time for another update to the list. This list compiles everything we've heard about the film thus far from official announcements to script leaks to news stories to rumours. This list is a tribute to all the good times we've had in the All-Inclusive HBP Thread (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=121116) and all the good friends we've made over the past 2 years and all the great discussions. This list is so we can have a reference and keep track of all the news in one place.

Note: We’d appreciate it if you didn’t hotlink any of our images, thanks :)

WARNING: Includes major spoilers, especially from test screening reviews.

We hope you enjoy!

Ladies and Gentlemen
We now present to you:
http://www.mugglenet.com/images/hbplist/Misc/sc61-1.jpg
As of July 9 2009 (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=117938)

(No information from the last week before release is included)

The last version of the list can be found here (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=117938)

On a related note, the last "as of" video (which was too long for youtube) can be found here (http://www.megavideo.com/?v=O63CKP6U).

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 7:29 am
And for one final time:

Due to its immense popularity, the list now has its own thread for your own convenience.

The list could never have been possible without MasterOfDeath starting it back in January 2008. From then, it would come out once a month in the All-Inclusive HBP Thread (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=121116), until it gained it’s own thread.

As it came more lengthy with more information flooding in, more people became involved: ArryGrotter, lcbaseball22, meesha1971, Montse, houseelf25 and Rachezee.

Welcome to the eighteenth, and last, edition of the HBP list! Another month gone and we are now closer than ever to this exciting event. We are now at the six day mark in the countdown for this highly anticipated film and it is time for another update to the list. This list compiles everything we've heard about the film thus far from official announcements to script leaks to news stories to rumours. This list is a tribute to all the good times we've had in the All-Inclusive HBP Thread (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=121116) and all the good friends we've made over the past 2 years and all the great discussions. This list is so we can have a reference and keep track of all the news in one place.

We hope you enjoy!

Ladies and Gentlemen
We now present to you:

The last version of the list can be found here (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=117938)

On a related note, the last "as of" video (which was too long for youtube) can be found here (http://www.megavideo.com/?v=O63CKP6U).

Awesome! :D Thanks for keeping this going Aaron (and MoD for the idea)...and once again, sorry we all kinda abandoned you :whistle:

And WOW, 48 minutes?! :wow: Well, I guess that does include the scripts and stuff as well...not just the footage but still, wow. :err:

NOW we have seen quite a bit! It's all the recent clips :lol: I just hope there are still some good parts left (still over 100 min to see) :p

Sacred_Memories
July 10th, 2009, 7:39 am
I hope Helen is given a significant amount of lines in the movie.

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 7:42 am
Hey Arry, I'm watching the vid...is a lot of this in Slow-Mo? :hmm:

If so, no wonder it is so long :lol: I think you should have kept the opening at normal speed :p Did you find the pacing too fast? :lol:

katana
July 10th, 2009, 7:46 am
Just made it through 10 pages of comments. :sigh:

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2009/7/9/david-heyman-confirms-ultimate-collectors-harry-potter-dvd-set-due

David Heyman confirms there's going to be an Ulitmate Collectors DVD Set. I didn't know where to put this but it was said at the HBP Press Conference in NY so I guess I can put it here. I think he's talking about the whole series. :)
Awesomeness! Can't wait for that! That is really great news.

:rotfl: That clip had me laughing! Slughorn was great in that clip!

"I can remember when it was 'One Broomstick'! Hands on deck Granger!"
:rotfl:
Ron was great in that clip too!

alex89na
July 10th, 2009, 8:06 am
Hi, I have heard that the prelude of Tower's scene is cut. Is it true?
I'm talking about this:
http://www.portkey.it/galleries/albums/pms/figurine/normal_DSC00027.JPG

http://www.portkey.it/galleries/albums/pms/figurine/normal_DSC00026.JPG

http://www.portkey.it/content/trailer4/mcgonagall2.jpg

I hope not!

Sacred_Memories
July 10th, 2009, 8:15 am
^ I really hope not, I love that shot of McGonagall.

SwedishSkinJer
July 10th, 2009, 8:23 am
I talked to someone who saw the screening, and they confirmed that's all still in.

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 8:27 am
I talked to someone who saw the screening, and they confirmed that's all still in.

Oh, we do have confirmation of that? Great to hear! :D I actually hadn't seen that shot of Snape, it's AWESOME!

SwedishSkinJer
July 10th, 2009, 8:57 am
Yeah, the only thing they cut in that scene is the choir.

We still see Snape and everyone looking up at the sky.

alex89na
July 10th, 2009, 9:06 am
yess, now i am sutisfied! :D

ArryGrotter
July 10th, 2009, 9:09 am
And WOW, 48 minutes?! :wow: Well, I guess that does include the scripts and stuff as well...not just the footage but still, wow. :err:
NOW we have seen quite a bit! It's all the recent clips :lol: I just hope there are still some good parts left (still over 100 min to see) :p

Yes, I was surprised at the length! And this doesn;t include some of this weeks videos, even, like the IESB behind the scenes (that would have been way too much work and it came out just as I was finishing up).

Hey Arry, I'm watching the vid...is a lot of this in Slow-Mo? :hmm:

That was just a creative decision for shots that were short (like they sometimes are in trailers and more so in TV spots) to be seen more easily.

I'm going to watch Dan and Rupert's appearance on Rove tonight. I've actually already seen this online after it aired in Australia, but it's gonna be cool to see it on TV :)

Edit: Yet another TV spot, including critic reviews and a few new shots, like the shot of Draco wounded....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX0gA_oi2ns

dchristen03
July 10th, 2009, 9:56 am
There's ALOT of new clips!

"Is That What You Told Tom Riddle?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqBf_gSnBOY&feature=channel_page

"Christmas at the Burrow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAxy1wjeKAs&feature=channel

"He's not that old"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W2rohVzNUQ&feature=channel

I honestly think this is brilliant! Everything is almost exactly like the books.

KlausBaudelaire
July 10th, 2009, 11:11 am
Even in Italy the reviews who are coming up this morning are very good, but the romance is, as ever, criticised.

Honeyducks
July 10th, 2009, 11:17 am
First I had to wait 3 years and 4 months to see the movie..
Then WB delayed the movie, so it has been 4 years since I first read the book..
The wait is almost over, weeks ago I wasn't that hyped up for the movie, nor I really was last november.. (mainly because I already had twilight)
However, with all these interviews, reviews, clips, previews... issss.. OVERWHELMING MEEE!!
God, these days has been the longest days of my life!!!!! i keep doing things because waiting for the movie tortures me!!! I think with all these things hypes more the fans.. so much that I decided to already buy advanced tickets for midnight show, and 12:01 and 12:02 WERE ALREADY SOLD OUT!!! (its crazy!! THANK GOD there is also shows for 12:03 , 12:15, 12:30, 12: 45, 1:00, 1:15!!!!!!!!) So, the marketing of WB is making a good job on teasing us with all these exclusive clips and reviews and thiiings!!

Even in Italy the reviews who are coming up this morning are very good, but the romance is, as ever, criticised.

I think making HBP more lighter with the romance is a good thing since we (potter fans) know that we won't expect anything light in the last two films ;)

DML1991
July 10th, 2009, 11:23 am
Badtaste is the only italian review that I've seen, and it's not so much that the reviewer criticizes the romance itself, but rather the balance of it with the darkness in the script. The reviewer says Yates makes the most of it, and elevates it to an "excellent film" despite some of the drawbacks the reviewer felt with the script.

SwedishSkinJer
July 10th, 2009, 12:31 pm
Reviewers are just another person with an opinion.

Some of *my* favorite films were critically panned (not saying HBP will be, but reviewers are not gods or anything). Even if a majority agrees, majorities don't guarantee that you will share their viewpoint.

deansboy
July 10th, 2009, 1:16 pm
There's ALOT of new clips!

"Is That What You Told Tom Riddle?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqBf_gSnBOY&feature=channel_page

"Christmas at the Burrow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAxy1wjeKAs&feature=channel

"He's not that old"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W2rohVzNUQ&feature=channel

I honestly think this is brilliant! Everything is almost exactly like the books.

Quite proud to avoid all of these, it's not that I don't want to see them but I want more surprises then not. As or reviews, no need to pay attention for this kind of movie, in general, unless it's some big award winner reviewers opinions are rarely worth time to read them since there are plenty of panned movies that I've enjoyed. Maybe not to the point of getting a DVD but willing to watch when t comes on tv, I call them good time wasters.

decarus
July 10th, 2009, 1:23 pm

"Yup."

I think Voldemort was afraid to get near Harry after they both got knocked over by the killing spell. It wasn't laziness. It was fear.

SwedishSkinJer
July 10th, 2009, 1:30 pm
I think Voldemort was afraid to get near Harry after they both got knocked over by the killing spell. It wasn't laziness. It was fear.

And yet he trusts Narcissa Malfoy, who comes from the very same family that has failed him several times. He doesn't even have a few more DEs head over to confirm it for him. Couldn't he tell one of them to hit Harry with a spell using their own wand to check if he reacted? He's established as the most cunning, dangerous Dark Wizard of all time, and yet he trusts the questionable judgment of one woman from a failed family, and, despite every connection he has to Harry and every spell he could use to check his breathing/pulse, he does nothing.

Willz
July 10th, 2009, 1:38 pm
And yet he trusts Narcissa Malfoy, who comes from the very same family that has failed him several times. He doesn't even have a few more DEs head over to confirm it for him. Couldn't he tell one of them to hit Harry with a spell using their own wand to check if he reacted? He's established as the most cunning, dangerous Dark Wizard of all time, and yet he trusts the questionable judgment of one woman from a failed family, and, despite every connection he has to Harry and every spell he could use to check his breathing/pulse, he does nothing.

That's just Voldermort being arrogant enough to believe the Malfoys have learnt there lesson.

All these new clips are so bloody tempting but i'm avoiding them, the films out on Wednesday I can wait 5 days!

JustMeWayne
July 10th, 2009, 1:59 pm
hi all out there,
im going crazy over the wait too!
but the hype isnt that much around me, i live in Singapore and it premieres later :( 16 July.
the cinema im going to watch at offers 2 versions,
"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (6)"
"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Digital)"
Which should i watch? im not sure whats the difference,
is it just the quality? digital vs normal?
hope someone can enlighten me :) wanna buy tickets now!
(no midnight shows here, and im still studying, no chance there )

SwedishSkinJer
July 10th, 2009, 2:32 pm
I was talking to the guy who saw the screening, and he gave me some more info:

1) No Eileen Prince mention/researching in the library, but the book of the HBP does feature quite a bit.
2) This film features the most scenes with Snape.
3) Gambon's best performance yet.

hbponjuly15
July 10th, 2009, 2:39 pm
Is anyone planning on seeing a midnight release?
I really want too, and I am like overly excited for this movie. :)
I think Arnold looks good, very close to how I imagined.

yes i did..and i am not sure..[in your area] if they would be sold out but i wioll say this:if you are planning to get a ticket for the movie you should start now...because it may already be too late[they look bbbeeeeeeuuuuaaaaaaaattttttttttiiiiiiiiifffffffffu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

deansboy
July 10th, 2009, 3:07 pm

He's given a large amount of the stereotypical villain traits otherwise he would've destroyed Harry a long time before.

NumberEight
July 10th, 2009, 3:16 pm
Daniel on Letterman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urdl0SN0g1Y). The clip shown during the interview is Harry and Draco fighting in the bathroom. I didn't see Nigel, which is good.

meesha1971
July 10th, 2009, 3:18 pm

Failure does not necessarily equal deliberate betrayal. Voldemort believed the Malfoys feared him enough to never deliberately betray him and he was arrogant enough to believe that he would be able to tell if anyone lied to him - which was how Snape managed to fool him for so long as well. He didn't expect Narcissa to blatantly lie to him.

As for spells, he did do a spell after Narcissa said Harry was dead - he subjected Harry to the Cruciatus curse. He didn't know that the spell was not working and Harry felt nothing - he felt that was confirmation that Harry was dead because there was no indication of life. No movement - no twitching - no screaming in pain.

Daniel on Letterman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urdl0SN0g1Y). The clip shown during the interview is Harry and Draco fighting in the bathroom. I didn't see Nigel, which is good.

I was just going to post that. Interesting interview - loved the first clip they showed and Dan's response to that. :rotfl:

NumberEight
July 10th, 2009, 3:54 pm
Daniel's interview on Live with Regis and Kelly is pretty good. He talks about the women he's attracted to and he talked about being injured on the Deathly Hallows set while filming the scene where he fights Nagini. There wasn't much talk about Half-Blood Prince.

DML1991
July 10th, 2009, 3:58 pm
93% on RT. :cool:

edit: 94% now

harry5678
July 10th, 2009, 4:08 pm
Well, i think Nigel may still be in the scene, we don't know how much is even edited, and perhaps Nigel runs out after Draco get's hit with Sectumsempra, or perhaps Nigel was never even in the scene at all.

ThaiHPFan
July 10th, 2009, 4:20 pm

It seems quite a few mixed reviews are judged as positive after all. The reviews seem to be more positive than OOTP in general (that one got about 66% for the first ten reviews). This has a good chance of being higher than 85% (the final result), or maybe it will be the first Potter film that passes the 90% mark.:cool:

SwedishSkinJer
July 10th, 2009, 4:31 pm
I think it will settle around 85/100.

DML1991
July 10th, 2009, 4:32 pm
I always predicted 86-92%, and it looks like I might be right. I hope so.

95%!!!

AccioHP
July 10th, 2009, 5:06 pm
http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1247191793/ref=sr_nr_seeall_2?ie=UTF8&rs=&keywords=harry%20potter%20blu-ray%20ultimate%20collector%27s%20edition&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aharry%20potter%20blu-ray%20ultimate%20collector%27s%20edition%2Ci%3Advd
Thanks for the link. I'm wondering too what exactly will be in these DVDs? For example, on the cover of the first one it says 'Includes: Creating the World'. So I guess that means bts stuff on how they made the world of HP on film, etc. I wonder what else though.

Also, like LC said, I hope they come out with a full box set after DH is over with. That would be awesome. I wouldn't mind waiting for that if the ones they are releasing now will be in that.

And for one final time:

We hope you enjoy!

Ladies and Gentlemen
We now present to you:

Thank you Arry for all your hard work with the List and the As of videos! Also thanks to MoD for helping with the list and anyone else who may have contributed :tu:

^ I really hope not, I love that shot of McGonagall.

Me too! I hope they're in.
Thanks for letting us know! :)
I was talking to the guy who saw the screening, and he gave me some more info:

1) No Eileen Prince mention/researching in the library, but the book of the HBP does feature quite a bit.
2) This film features the most scenes with Snape.
3) Gambon's best performance yet.

Cool, thanks!

Edit:
I watched Daniel on Regis and Kelly today. Good interview. I was trying not to watch new clips but the one they showed on the show was a new one :lol:. That's it for me though. They showed Harry and Slughorn. I have to say I'm really liking Jim Broadbent :tu: I thought his line of 'Dumbledore put you up to this, didn't he?' was perfect! And that's it on the clips for me. If I watch any more interviews I am going to mute the tv and leave not look at it when the clips come on :lol:

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 5:15 pm

Wow, as I said before...looks like maybe we have another Star Trek! (it settled at 95%) :wow:

Hopefully I agree with the critics on HBP as much as I did with that film. I don't think anyone was expecting that high of a rating but it was surprisingly fantastic. The difference here being though, I wasn't a Star Trek fan as I am for HP so we'll see how that factors in. :lol: :p

Oh yeah, and I don't think I'm going to watch the new TV spot if it has the shot of Draco injured...I MEAN IT! I'm holding off 5 days! :whistle:

phoenix88
July 10th, 2009, 5:19 pm
Quite proud to avoid all of these, it's not that I don't want to see them but I want more surprises then not. As or reviews, no need to pay attention for this kind of movie, in general, unless it's some big award winner reviewers opinions are rarely worth time to read them since there are plenty of panned movies that I've enjoyed. Maybe not to the point of getting a DVD but willing to watch when t comes on tv, I call them good time wasters.

yeah, I've been trying my best to avoid the clips now. I feel like there has been way too much. I was watching david letterman and couldn't believe how much of sectumsempra we saw. It looks great, but I forced myself to change the channel for awhile just so I would not completely ruin it for myself!

Wow, as I said before...looks like maybe we have another Star Trek! (it settled at 95%) :wow:

Hopefully I agree with the critics on HBP as much as I did with that film. I don't think anyone was expecting that high of a rating but it was surprisingly fantastic. The difference here being though, I'm wasn't a Star Trek fan as I am for HP so we'll see how that factors in. :lol: :p

Oh yeah, and I don't think I'm going to watch the new TV spot if it has the shot of Draco injured...I MEAN IT! I'm holding off 5 days! :whistle:

I know, it's torture not watching these clips!!!! But I've got to try!!!!

lcbaseball22
July 10th, 2009, 5:30 pm
I think making HBP more lighter with the romance is a good thing since we (potter fans) know that we won't expect anything light in the last two films ;)

That too, Harry gets a chance to have a somewhat normal life before the doom and gloom of DH. The "calm before the storm" :tu:

DML1991
July 10th, 2009, 5:50 pm
Half-Blood Prince is in many ways the eye of the storm.

In OOTP, you could say Harry is on the left side of the storm, it's terrible and rough, while the peaceful eye lingers over the wizarding world that remains purposefully ignorant to their surroundings, that Voldemort has indeed returned. But as we go into HBP, the eye has moved over Harry and the rest of the school, Hogwarts is now back to being the safe haven it was, and the peaceful tone is so decieving that some of the characters almost forget what's happening outside. Meanwhile as the wizarding and even muggle world begin to decline more and more as the storm rages over them. Once we reach DH, the eye has moved out of sight for everyone, as the right side of the storm, the more vicious and devestating rolls over and seemingly stalls.

It's interesting to see how this works as a three part narrative that reflects the left, middle and right sides of a hurricane.

Fly
July 10th, 2009, 6:08 pm
Does anyone remember in which clip ginny and Harry are sitting together in the Burrow and Ron comes and sits between them? Can't remember if it was the Italian behind-the-scenes one or not...

tking
July 10th, 2009, 6:11 pm
It's interesting to see how this works as a three part narrative that reflects the left, middle and right sides of a hurricane.

But with a one shot DH that feeling would've been stronger!

I've been enjoying the released clips. Jim Broadbent's performance looks the highlight of the film so far, I'm looking forward to hearing this "heartbreaking monologue" he apparently gives.

DML1991
July 10th, 2009, 6:26 pm
But with a one shot DH that feeling would've been stronger!But the plot structure would have been a dreadful mess. Goblet of Fire is a much less complex book, and could include less necessary plot aspects than DH, and the film even at being the second longest is a near disaster with it's structure. They're not making this as two complete individual films for box office release, but clearly making it for the complete experience that dvd/blu-ray releases will give it. They can't, after all, release a 5 hour film in theaters and expect it to do well.

American critics are starting to weigh in...

http://www.colesmithey.com/capsules/2009/07/harry-p.html

Says it's the most balanced film yet. :tu:

Phrozenone
July 10th, 2009, 6:35 pm
:sigh:

The only theater in my area doesn't seem to be doing a midnight screening of HBP. This is the reason I hate this darn state sometimes :(

Oh well I guess I'll have to wait and see it during the evening with the normies :(

This sucks to because this would've been my 3rd midnight Harry Potter movie.

:grumble::grumble::grumble:

katana
July 10th, 2009, 6:48 pm
I liked Harry on Regis and Kelly. I loved hearing about the filming of the fight with Nagini for DH!! That's exciting! But sad for him that he got hurt.
I've seen that clip of Harry & Slughorn before, but the more I see it, the more I think Broadbent was the right guy for this role!

Are any of the other actors going to be on talk shows? Like Broadbent or Gambon? I'd like to see them interviewd.

DML1991
July 10th, 2009, 8:18 pm
http://www.harrypotterforum.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=731&page=1#Item_0

So contrary to popular belief, there WERE aurors at the school protecting it and Snape knocks one out when leaving.

CandyCane23049
July 10th, 2009, 10:05 pm
This has to stop:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204261704574276261288253316.html

deansboy
July 10th, 2009, 10:14 pm
Half-Blood Prince is in many ways the eye of the storm.

In OOTP, you could say Harry is on the left side of the storm, it's terrible and rough, while the peaceful eye lingers over the wizarding world that remains purposefully ignorant to their surroundings, that Voldemort has indeed returned. But as we go into HBP, the eye has moved over Harry and the rest of the school, Hogwarts is now back to being the safe haven it was, and the peaceful tone is so decieving that some of the characters almost forget what's happening outside. Meanwhile as the wizarding and even muggle world begin to decline more and more as the storm rages over them. Once we reach DH, the eye has moved out of sight for everyone, as the right side of the storm, the more vicious and devestating rolls over and seemingly stalls.

I agree to a point with you but things weren't peaceful in Hogwarts, if anything the added aurors were the most obvious sign of the danger. Kids were being taken out of school to be told that family members were dead, letters from home were arriving with much more regularity to assure the students that everything was alright and the prophet was reporting more and more deaths and disappearances. It's, imo the darkest book because of the uncertainty that everyone is living in rather than Harry and his friends.

The eye of the storm is in this book but it comes at the end, after the frightening drop into hell for the school with DE's being introduced into it and the death of DD there's this point where everyone has the time to stop to take in the damage. This lasts until the ministry is taken over and the new regime begins to pound it's rules into place, this is when the most damage is felt.

MissMarauder
July 10th, 2009, 10:17 pm
Oh that Twilight thing is silly and reminds me of the HPvLotR thing when the first movies came out. Why does it have to be a contest? I was happy when i saw a person with a name of ElvenMuggle back then. Go cooperation! Anyway, i don't know a lot of Twilight fans (maybe i'm too old?) but the ones i do know are also HP fans. They wouldn't replace a poster but would place them side by side.

Actually, one chewed out another HP fan for putting off reading DH for Twilight. Pretty funny. The article is right when saying that HP has lasted this long...it's got a much larger fanbase, but that's to say nothing against Twilight. I still might read or watch it someday.

CandyCane23049
July 10th, 2009, 10:22 pm
Oh that Twilight thing is silly and reminds me of the HPvLotR thing when the first movies came out. Why does it have to be a contest? I was happy when i saw a person with a name of ElvenMuggle back then. Go cooperation! Anyway, i don't know a lot of Twilight fans (maybe i'm too old?) but the ones i do know are also HP fans. They wouldn't replace a poster but would place them side by side.

Actually, one chewed out another HP fan for putting off reading DH for Twilight. Pretty funny. The article is right when saying that HP has lasted this long...it's got a much larger fanbase, but that's to say nothing against Twilight. I still might read or watch it someday.

I'm a fan of both but it will always be Harry Potter>Twilight for me. The only part that got me was the part where Harry Potter is copying Twilight with the posters. Also about the books still being on the NY bestseller list

Also those fan's they talked to, sound like bandwagoner's.

I can't believe it, 4 more day's.

ArryGrotter
July 10th, 2009, 11:17 pm
Phrozenone, I know what it's like :sigh:

Still, I'm happy to be going at 10:30am! (Which is now 4 days and 12 minutes away! :wow:)

boushh
July 11th, 2009, 4:07 am
Did anyone watch Sorcerer's Stone tonight on ABC Family? Weren't they supposed to show new HBP stuff during the weekend marathon? I forgot about it until 8:48 or so and then I started my recording. I'm wondering if I missed it?

MasterOfDeath
July 11th, 2009, 4:10 am
Did anyone watch Sorcerer's Stone tonight on ABC Family? Weren't they supposed to show new HBP stuff during the weekend marathon? I forgot about it until 8:48 or so and then I started my recording. I'm wondering if I missed it?

I watched it, they showed new sneak peaks for once! No new footage but it wasn't the same sneak peaks from December. There was one for the Harry/Dumbledore relationship, Quidditch, Lavender Brown and a few others. They also showed the wonderful 'critic review' TV spot which was awesome.

I noticed a new shot of Harry running down a spiral stair case which is I assume when he's chasing Snape down the tower and a shot of Harry stunning an Inferi from behind which looked awesome!

boushh
July 11th, 2009, 5:14 am
Cool. Thanks. :) I hope I got some of them on my DVR. Though, they are repeating the movie tomorrow so those of us who missed it could try to record it then. :)

dchristen03
July 11th, 2009, 5:30 am
Thanks! I'll be watching it tonight. I'm so glad that they're showing a Harry Potter weekend - I think these weekends premiere at least 10 times a year. Wonderful :D

katana
July 11th, 2009, 5:32 am
Thanks! I'll be watching it tonight. I'm so glad that they're showing a Harry Potter weekend - I think these weekends premiere at least 10 times a year. Wonderful :D
:lol: This year especially. Ever since Potter weekend over Christmas, they've had quite a few Potter weekends.
My kids are watching it right now!

ActingDude17
July 11th, 2009, 5:34 am
Why aren't they showing OotP? It's been two years since its theatrical release.

NumberEight
July 11th, 2009, 5:44 am
Later tonight I'm starting a Potter film marathon. I'll be watching one film a day.

katana
July 11th, 2009, 5:54 am
Later tonight I'm starting a Potter film marathon. I'll be watching one film a day.
I'm doing the same thing, except we're gonna watch the first five between Monday and Tuesday next week.

ArryGrotter
July 11th, 2009, 5:58 am
I'm doing the same thing, except we're gonna watch the first five between Monday and Tuesday next week.

I'm doing the same thing :)

(3 days, 17 hours, 30 mins :D)

CrazyMuggle
July 11th, 2009, 6:04 am
Why aren't they showing OotP? It's been two years since its theatrical release.

It takes three years after its release before a movie can air on TV.

ArryGrotter
July 11th, 2009, 6:20 am
I am actually no longer watching the new clips and interviews. I feel I need a few days of nothing so I can go to the film fresh. :)

9th_Wonder
July 11th, 2009, 6:21 am

Nice. I did something similar a couple weeks ago except I watched all the films in one day, back to back :lol: I pretty much woke up, ate, watched SS and CoS, ate again, watched PoA and GoF, ate again, watched OotP, and then went to bed haha

It takes three years after its release before a movie can air on TV.

Good to know, thanks :tu:

3 days and 22 hours away over here. So close.

edit:
I am actually no longer watching the new clips and interviews. I feel I need a few days of nothing so I can go to the film fresh. :)
Same here.

dchristen03
July 11th, 2009, 7:02 am

'Ear, 'ear :lol:

SwedishSkinJer
July 11th, 2009, 8:42 am
The movie currently has a 96/100 on RottenTomatoes.

Over 22 positive reviews!

Willz
July 11th, 2009, 9:43 am

I'm doing exactly the same thing :D

Kanksha
July 11th, 2009, 10:35 am
I'm doing the movie marathon too! :D I saw PS yesterday, will watch Cos and PoA tomorrow, and then GoF on Monday, and then OotP on Thursday probably.
And then HBP on Friday.

5 days and 19 hours for me. Aaargh! :rolleyes:

JustMeWayne
July 11th, 2009, 11:44 am
how come the forums are suddenly quiet o.o?
are everyone really having movie marathons? i feel so left out :(

Noldus
July 11th, 2009, 12:02 pm
how come the forums are suddenly quiet o.o?
are everyone really having movie marathons? i feel so left out :(

I'm not going to have a film marathon even though I have all the films:D I have seen them so many times that I'm a bit bored of them, especially OOTP. I know the entire film scene-by-scene:p
Actually, I don't remember PS that well, though I think I'll wait to Christmas to see it. It's almost a tradition to me:lol:

Hysteria
July 11th, 2009, 12:13 pm
I wish we got shown some decent TV spots in Australia. I've been in Victoria for the past week and a bit and only saw the 'romance trailer' :rolleyes: how is anybody supposed to take this film seriously if that's the only trailer they see? Has anybody in any other states seen a different trailer? In SA I haven't seen a single one but when I was away it seems like they've decorated the town in HBP posters which fills me with joy :D

cgold
July 11th, 2009, 1:03 pm
The movie currently has a 96/100 on RottenTomatoes.

Over 22 positive reviews!
It's still 96% but it's now 24 positives and 1 negative. I don't get the negative one though? It's rated 3/5. It's not an excellent but isn't that a positive? I saw other 3/5's being counted as positive. I'm a little confused.

DML1991
July 11th, 2009, 1:13 pm
It's still 96% but it's now 24 positives and 1 negative. I don't get the negative one though? It's rated 3/5. It's not an excellent but isn't that a positive? I saw other 3/5's being counted as positive. I'm a little confused.I think what it really boils down to is the content of the review. I've read several of the reviews there that bordered on raves (heck, some seemed like raves), and was stunned to see a 3/5 rating at the bottom (or top) of the reviews. In the case of this, despite the rating, the review sounds very negative.

JustMeWayne
July 11th, 2009, 1:38 pm
I wish we got shown some decent TV spots in Australia. I've been in Victoria for the past week and a bit and only saw the 'romance trailer' :rolleyes: how is anybody supposed to take this film seriously if that's the only trailer they see? Has anybody in any other states seen a different trailer? In SA I haven't seen a single one but when I was away it seems like they've decorated the town in HBP posters which fills me with joy :D
in singapore the hype is almost ZERO.
we're releasing the movie a day later :(
nvr mind i can wait :)
the tv spots shown here are the better ones, showed with more action
(transformers did extremely well here)
about 1 hours ago they had a timeslot for harry potter, but it turned out to be nothing much, just shots of earlier movies, and then stuff ive already watched online.
its 5 more days for me !
(btw what time is it now in US?)

alex89na
July 11th, 2009, 2:03 pm
In singapore the hype is zero? how so?

decarus
July 11th, 2009, 2:17 pm
(btw what time is it now in US?) It is 9:15 AM Eastern Standard Time on the east coast or 6:15 AM Pacific Standard Time on the west coast.

DML1991
July 11th, 2009, 2:37 pm
We should be getting some reviews this morning, like we did yesterday and seemingly the other days as well.

ThaiHPFan
July 11th, 2009, 2:48 pm
in singapore the hype is almost ZERO.
we're releasing the movie a day later :(

Did the previous films do well there? Here in Thailand the hype is kinda low too, mostly due to the swine flu outbreak and people are too afraid to go to cinema. The government may even consider closing all theatre & public entertainment complexes if things get worse but so far all is well.:no: I'm going to see it on Wednesday so I hope they'll do whatever they want after that (my dad said we should wear a death eater mask there for protection:lol:).

Despite all this I think a LOT of people are still going to see it. All the previous films (especially GOF) are immensely popular here.:D

tking
July 11th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Unbreakable Vow clip:
Could someone translate this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEzaT-uDDcU

boushh
July 11th, 2009, 3:55 pm
Unbreakable Vow clip:

OMG! I cannot wait for this scene with the actual actors voices! Gah! I wonder if this one is shortened too or if it's like this? I don't care. It looks great. :lol:

darkevangelist
July 11th, 2009, 3:56 pm
For anyone who are interested. At the Movies will be airing its review of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince today at 3:00 pm EST.

decarus
July 11th, 2009, 3:56 pm
Unbreakable Vow clip:

This was great. I shouldn't have watched it, but it was great.

GingerPeachy
July 11th, 2009, 4:08 pm
WOW, OK, I just saw the HBO on Demand featurette on HBP, and it gave me the craziest chills! There's a lot of stuff we've already seen in clips, but there's some great behind the scenes stuff that looks fairly new.

Sorry if somebody's already posted info on this, I've tried to catch up, but it's difficult with 109 pages :p

Yes, if you have HBO on Demand and are still watching clips (they show some really cool-looking Quidditch bits), I recommend taking a look.

EllieSnowmantle
July 11th, 2009, 4:21 pm
Here in England they are showing Prisoner of Azkaban starting now on ITV1, followed by a behind the scenes special show for HBP. I'm definitely catching it, but it looks unlikely that they'll do a full marathon of all the films over here!

NumberEight
July 11th, 2009, 4:22 pm
WOW, OK, I just saw the HBO on Demand featurette on HBP, and it gave me the craziest chills! There's a lot of stuff we've already seen in clips, but there's some great behind the scenes stuff that looks fairly new.

Sorry if somebody's already posted info on this, I've tried to catch up, but it's difficult with 109 pages :p

Yes, if you have HBO on Demand and are still watching clips (they show some really cool-looking Quidditch bits), I recommend taking a look.
I have a problem with the HBO featurette. It showed Draco and Dumbledore talking to one another, with Draco pointing his wand at Dumbledore. If someone who hasn't read the books listened to the trailers where it is mentioned that Voldemort has given Draco a task, then the featurette spoiled it.

lilyrose
July 11th, 2009, 4:45 pm
There's been the right amount of hype for HBP in India. We've had several exclusives, 'making of' features and interviews with the cast being telecast from yesterday. HBO telecasts its HBP spot tomorrow at 7:30 pm.

And they've been telecasting PS/SS and CoS on the past two Sundays and we get to see PoA tomorrow. The banners and ads are up too :)

jp5
July 11th, 2009, 4:56 pm
Here in Mexico the publicity is starting to become as aggressive as The Dark Knight marketing. You see billboards everywhere, they're even playing that epic trailer at the public transport, at the movie theater they are placing a lot of posters and even at the mall . It's crazy seeing Harry Potter everywhere°

Another thing, does anyone know about the 3D footage of HBP?

GingerPeachy
July 11th, 2009, 5:00 pm
I have a problem with the HBO featurette. It showed Draco and Dumbledore talking to one another, with Draco pointing his wand at Dumbledore. If someone who hasn't read the books listened to the trailers where it is mentioned that Voldemort has given Draco a task, then the featurette spoiled it.

I suppose you're right. I can't remember if they have the clip of Draco saying "I have to do this" or not, but if so, there is a guarantee that people aren't dumb enough to not get that. Granted, if they didn't include that line, it might not be as big of a deal. I would love to know how many people who haven't read the books are still unaware that Dumbledore is killed. I'm sure that would be an interesting question to ask people after they've seen the movie.

Yet, all the same, I really enjoyed seeing those Quidditch shots. :tu:

MisterIndigo
July 11th, 2009, 5:01 pm
In New York to promote "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" and attend the premiere, the trio are hilarious as they answer questions about the growing dangers facing Hogwarts while grappling with puppy love, Potter style.

http://www.bryanreesman.com/blog/2009/07/11/puppy-love-potter-style/

katana
July 11th, 2009, 5:05 pm
Me too. I'm done with the clips!

Unbreakable Vow clip:

Dang it!! Then I go and watched this one. :whistle::lol: Well, at least I couldn't understand what they said. But the scene overall looks great!!

Okay! NOW I'm done with clips and interviews and such! :lol:

LordThingy
July 11th, 2009, 5:10 pm
i haven't watched any full HBP clips, besides the orphanage one from the first trailer. i'm really glad too, because now i'm very very excited for the film. especially since i've only seen what was in the trailers... most of it will be new :D i still can't believe we're just days away after 2 years of waiting.

Sacred_Memories
July 11th, 2009, 5:59 pm
I loved the Unbreakable Vow clip, I'm just wondering whether the scene will show Narcissa crying because we did see a glimpse of a tear-stricken face in the trailers.

GinnyPotter15
July 11th, 2009, 6:04 pm
You people have no idea how incredibly hard it is for me not to watch all of these clips, but I know I will regret it. It's good to know the unbreakable vow was however included in the film, because I really enjoyed that chapter of the book!

Sacred_Memories
July 11th, 2009, 6:16 pm
Helen looks good as Narcissa.

wizard_of_chaos
July 11th, 2009, 6:37 pm
Hello all, I'm new here but I've been following this thread for sometime. I just found these new behind the scenes videos, its called Behind the Magic, that I don't think have been posted here yet. There's some some new footage of the orphanage scene, the Slughorn armchair scene, and more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1QMfPlEUOw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdF8q9nJ5_c&feature=related

katana
July 11th, 2009, 6:45 pm
HBP is the last time the trio will ever wear their school robes. Kind of sad.

deansboy
July 11th, 2009, 6:56 pm
I suppose you're right. I can't remember if they have the clip of Draco saying "I have to do this" or not, but if so, there is a guarantee that people aren't dumb enough to not get that. Granted, if they didn't include that line, it might not be as big of a deal. I would love to know how many people who haven't read the books are still unaware that Dumbledore is killed. I'm sure that would be an interesting question to ask people after they've seen the movie.

Considering the massive deal made over the scanned version of the book page I think most know, though there's the chance that some don't remember it. It's been long enough that they may have forgotten which book it was or even the actual event though when you get to the end scene it'll come rushing back.

It's not too big an issue as long as it's done right. The movie working is what really matters, if the scene works within a bad film or vice versa prior knowledge of the death is insignificant.

7ravenclaw3
July 11th, 2009, 7:04 pm
i cant wait for the movie! i hope its good. can you tell me when they give the hp movies on abc? oh, im planning on watching the thing about j.k. rowling on thursday, it looks pretty cool.

Okrim
July 11th, 2009, 7:28 pm
The last time we hear Dumbledore's speech Á__Á

AccioHP
July 11th, 2009, 8:04 pm

Me either. It's so close now too, I can do it! lol

darkevangelist
July 11th, 2009, 8:07 pm
The at the movies reviewers both said see it. They both sounded really positive about it. Almost like they were bordering on rave.

ThaiHPFan
July 11th, 2009, 8:18 pm
The at the movies reviewers both said see it. They both sounded really positive about it. Almost like they were bordering on rave.

Thanks for bringing us all these reviews!! I wouldn't be able to spot any of them myself.:p

Also, just realized that our country gets HBP 1 day late (16 July):grumble::grumble: And WB Thai branch seems really lazy in promoting the film.

CandyCane23049
July 11th, 2009, 8:33 pm
I started my Harry Potter marathon 4 weeks ago. I gave each movie at week by itself. Before then I was watching them over and over.

Plus, I just got back from the mall today and I won free passes to a movie screening at 8:30 p.m tuesday.The problem is I already brought tickets to the midnight movie. The places are not far apart from each other, what should I do?

People that live in Chicago the screening is at the Ominax theater and for the midnight show we are going to the theater on 600 N. Michigan. Can we do it?

DML1991
July 11th, 2009, 9:18 pm
Go to the early screening, and then go back to the midnight, of course. ;)

katana
July 11th, 2009, 9:26 pm
The last time we hear Dumbledore's speech Á__Á
And the last team they attend the opening feast.