The All-Inclusive HBP Movie Thread v. 17 - incl. movie spoilers

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Phrozenone
June 24th, 2009, 6:56 am
Those shots are from the last trailer though so those are the finished shots! I think most of the tampering happened after they released the first trailer. So it's still beautiful regardless.

So the last trailer is what we'll get and I'm happy with that.

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 6:57 am
Oh, it is?

Wow, I'm so confused. :huh:

ally_xx
June 24th, 2009, 7:00 am
Oh, it is?

Join the club :yuhup:

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 7:00 am
I find it weird that people complained about the blue filter of OotP, yet now they prefer one for HBP :lol:

Well, there are times when it works and times when it doesn't. At the end of PoA when Sirius is flying away is an excellent example of fantastic use of blue filter, IMO. Yoshi pointed this out a different thread. However, in OotP it just looked terrible. It was like the room was always lit with blue lights or something. From the dinnerware at the feast having blue reflections to the actors faces, where they looked like they were choking. The shots I've seen from HBP which presumably employ "blue filter" look marvelous though, IMO...similar to PoA.

Like this shot of the Cave I just posted looks incredibly beautiful, don't you think? :p

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk18/decarus427/HBP/Cave2.png

Phrozenone
June 24th, 2009, 7:01 am
Oh, it is?

I'm pretty sure because didn't Heyman talk about the little 'tweak' a few months back before the trailer was released. I think the first trailer we got was the original look and the last one we got is the updated look. Both look very good except one has a little more color added than the other.

Or...try this test...go to Trailer Addict and open both trailers in 2 different tabs or windows. Pause on a shot that's in both trailers and switch between screens to compare. I did that the other day :lol:

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 7:02 am
Oh, it is?

The 2nd shot in each set is from the last trailer...I'm NOT happy :grumble:

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 7:03 am
I'm pretty sure because didn't Heyman talk about the little 'tweak' a few months back before the trailer was released. I think the first trailer we got was the original look and the last one we got is the updated look. Both look very good except one has a little more color added than the other.

Or...try this test...go to Trailer Addict and open both trailers in 2 different tabs or windows. Pause on a shot that's in both trailers and switch between screens to compare. I did that the other day :lol:

I don't know...would he really refer to something so technical in an interview? I was figuring he meant the tweak was an added scene or something. Talking filmic, the film must have endured tons of technical 'tweaks' since the test-screening so I don't think the 'tweak' was referring to the filtering of shots...

ArryGrotter
June 24th, 2009, 7:05 am
I think it makes sense that the tweak was this colour change.

But to be honest, both versions look fine. I do not see why it's getting on everyone's nerves.

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 7:13 am
Alan Horn does it again. :sigh:

Yep :sigh: Why can't they just let the cinematographer do his job?! :argh:

Oh guys, I just found one of those other posts with the comparisons:

I think the final trailer is the closest thing to the actual movie in term of visual. The DD-Harry video includes many unfinished shots, and half of the calendar pics are taken directly from the set with no visual effect/filter added (you can still see part of the green screen in the Weasley shop pic).

Personally, I actually prefer the sepia toned colors for some scenes rather than vibrant ones. For example, I love how the Orphanage scene look in the teaser trailer, but now they mess up the colors and make the entire scene blue/green.:no: Though I understand that many others would like it this way.

Ah, yes that's the word I was looking for...sepia. Hmm, well it was quite obvious to me that the first featurette was compiled many months ago and contained lots of unfinished shots...but I didn't get the same feeling with the 2nd one. I hope you're right, and these are just unfinished...I don't care for the "sepia" tones at all. BTW, here are those couple shots I mentioned:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/tomriddle.jpg?t=1244378424
Compared to this:
http://www.mugglenet.com/images/hbplist/Ch17/sc30.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/dumbledoretower.jpg?t=1244378487

I also noticed quite a few shots in the TV spots seemed to have been drained of the color as well :(

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/tvspot.jpg?t=1244378604

And then these next 2...ironically I prefer the shots with what appears to be blue filter :lol: (which I hated the use of in the last film)

This first one especially I think it'd be a real shame if this is what the final cut looked like. I loved this shot (despite the crystals) in the trailer...it was so beautiful and picturesque, like a painting. But this, this looks almost black...I guess it's more realistic for a dark cave :whistle:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/tvspot2.jpg?t=1244378721
http://www.mugglenet.com/images/hbplist/Ch26/26locket.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/tvspot3.jpg?t=1244378759
http://www.mugglenet.com/images/hbplist/Ch1/sc58.jpg

Well, I think it'll be very interesting to see what the final colors look like in this film :lol:

Those shots are from the last trailer though so those are the finished shots! I think most of the tampering happened after they released the first trailer. So it's still beautiful regardless.

So the last trailer is what we'll get and I'm happy with that.

So, I guess you like the brighter and more washed out ones...is that what you are saying? :p

Cause the 2nd shot in each comparison (on the previous page) is from the final trailer :relax:

Phrozenone
June 24th, 2009, 7:30 am
So, I guess you like the brighter and more washed out ones...is that what you are saying? :p

Cause the 2nd shot in each comparison (on the previous page) is from the final trailer :relax:

They both look good to me to be honest :lol: One is just brighter and you can see more of the background details than the other. Honestly when I'm sitting in the theater I won't notice anything at all :p We have an amazing DP this film and it's a shame they thought his style was too 'out there' for Harry Potter but there's still enough of his style in the newer bits that I'm happy.

HBP still looks different than the other films thus far. This is just one of the unfortunate side effects of them pushing it back.

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 7:46 am
They both look good to me to be honest :lol: One is just brighter and you can see more of the background details than the other. Honestly when I'm sitting in the theater I won't notice anything at all :p We have an amazing DP this film and it's a shame they thought his style was too 'out there' for Harry Potter but there's still enough of his style in the newer bits that I'm happy.

HBP still looks different than the other films thus far. This is just one of the unfortunate side effects of them pushing it back.

Hmm, I can't agree. I do think based on previous shots and footage that they hired an amazing DP this time. However that all counts for squat when they don't give him control over how the final product looks. I think it's looking more now like the hideous OotP...the only thing missing is the kids looking blue in the face like they are choking :p As I said before, I'm very worried now what shots like this are going to look like in the final cut, if this is what the have done...hopefully not to the ENTIRE film and it's just some of the scenes. Please don't tamper with THIS :scared:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/HBP%20Trailer/8.jpg?t=1240475503

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 7:49 am
Our focus determines our realities. Reality is shaped by our lenses. Sometimes life is all about perception.

What am I saying here? Bring sunglasses to see HBP. ;)

ArryGrotter
June 24th, 2009, 7:52 am
Please don't tamper with THIS

I would assume since that was seen first in the final trailer that it is the final product.

Not for 3D though - that would get uncomfortable :p

Btw, I just remembered: I am thrilled to hear they are broadcasting the HBP premiere in London again - though I wish it didn't start at 5am my time! :lol: It's the holidays then, though, so I may think of setting the alarm early..

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 7:54 am
Not for 3D though - that would get uncomfortable :p

It wouldn't actually. The 3D glasses fit perfectly fine over my real eye-glasses. :p

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 7:54 am
Or once again, this:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk18/decarus427/HBP/HarrySnape.png

That is by far my favorite shot of ANY I've seen from this film thusfar and I hope to God it looks EXACTLY the same in the final cut. :relax:

Our focus determines our realities. Reality is shaped by our lenses. Sometimes life is all about perception.

:lol: Funny you should mention that. Actually I noticed when we were in Hawaii driving around the island, of course all the scenery looked beautiful...but with my polarized sunglasses on it looked even MORE lovely, the water was bluer, the trees were greener...it was surreal :cool:

Phrozenone
June 24th, 2009, 8:02 am
Hmm, I can't agree. I do think based on previous shots and footage that they hired an amazing DP this time. However that all counts for squat when they don't give him control over how the final product looks. I think it's looking more now like the hideous OotP...the only thing missing is the kids looking blue in the face like they are choking :p As I said before, I'm very worried now what shots like this are going to look like in the final cut, if this is what the have done...hopefully not to the ENTIRE film and it's just some of the scenes. Please don't tamper with THIS :scared:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/HBP%20Trailer/8.jpg?t=1240475503

Ok lets try to get on the same page here :lol:

Isn't that shot from the final trailer? If so then that's how I think it'll look. I think everything from the final trailer is the new look of the film.

Unless there is another trailer I'm missing. If so whoops :whistle:

The thing is a shot like that one was only seen in the last trailer right? We don't have another one to compare it with from the older version so it looks amazing to you! Now if we would've seen how that shot originally looked you would be able to tell the difference. Just imagine if you hadn't seen the earlier one's you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I think that's what I'm trying to say. To me the changes are very slight and in some shots not noticable at all. I agree that the bridge scene doesn't seem as gloomy but it's still dark and I am 100% with you on the DoP doing their job. However...like with any job...you can do your job and do it well but when the boss comes in and tells you to change it a bit you have to.

Trust me I think we're on the same page but I'm more on the side of....the changes don't seem to have messed up their vision enough to really be noticable. Some of the shots look better whereas some there's a loss of impact. I think (or am hoping) that they changed it enough to keep the studio happy but not enough to where they lost their orignal intent for the film.

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 8:07 am
Ok lets try to get on the same page here :lol:

Isn't that shot from the final trailer? If so then that's how I think it'll look. I think everything from the final trailer is the new look of the film.

Unless there is another trailer I'm missing. If so whoops :whistle:

The thing is a shot like that one was only seen in the last trailer right? We don't have another one to compare it with from the older version so it looks amazing to you! Now if we would've seen how that shot originally looked you would be able to tell the difference. Just imagine if you hadn't seen the earlier one's you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I think that's what I'm trying to say. To me the changes are very slight and in some shots not noticable at all. I agree that the bridge scene doesn't seem as gloomy but it's still dark and I am 100% with you on the DoP doing their job. However...like with any job...you can do your job and do it well but when the boss comes in and tells you to change it a bit you have to.

Trust me I think we're on the same page but I'm more on the side of....the changes don't seem to have messed up their vision enough to really be noticable. Some of the shots look better whereas some there's a loss of impact. I think (or am hoping) that they changed it enough to keep the studio happy but not enough to where they lost their orignal intent for the film.

Hmm, I just thought of something. Perhaps it has to do with interior vs. exterior difference. :hmm: All the other shots I posted before were inside shots, were they not? Maybe they didn't wash the color (or add color? in your opinion) to the exterior shots...my brain hurts :yuhup:

DML1991
June 24th, 2009, 8:20 am
I hope everyone does realize the finished shots of the movie is in the fourth trailer, and I can't imagine anyone saying the previous versions were better. :relax:

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 8:29 am
I hope everyone does realize the finished shots of the movie is in the fourth trailer, and I can't imagine anyone saying the previous versions were better. :relax:

You mean 5th? I just watched all the trailers in HD again and I still think the shots in the 3rd trailer looked best to be honest. The 4th and 5th were pretty good too, but there were some shots that didn't please me, which are the ones you saw, I posted them on the last few pages. The 3rd trailer on the other hand, not a single shot looked anything but fantastic, with exception of maybe the firestorm. I think perhaps they were working to perfect the fire cause it looks different in every one I notice and think they finally got it right in the 5th! :tu:

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 8:29 am
the 4th trailer was the watchmen IMAX one...

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 8:30 am
the 4th trailer was the watchmen IMAX one...

Right, which wasn't the final one...

EDIT: Yeah, watched them all for a second time. This is odd, but I've come to the conclusion that it's pretty much just the final interior shots that bother me. Like all the exterior shots look fantastic...well ok, the reeds around the Burrow are no longer green but I suppose that's getting too picky :lol:

I don't know, it looks to me like adding color enriched the outside shots but caused the inside shots to be "un-riched" :lol: I wonder if it has something to do with the lighting and how that gets affected when you color process the different shots. Actually I think it has to do with those monocromatic washes. Yes, the shot is brighter overall, easier to see detail, and more natural looking I guess but it looks very dull and brownish and the colors just aren't as "rich" as the monochromatic yellowish ones, IMO. I guess Phroze explained it pretty well: :hmm:

So originally the film would've been really LOUD. They darkned it by adding more color (Work with me here :lol:) They made alot of the surrounding things pop out more making the overall feel not as strong, which looks 'washed out'

So let's just say the original is a page in a coloring book. You colored the whole thing blue. I come in and add more color to it..some red..some orange..green. You look at it again and the blue doesn't stand out as much because there are other colors added. They added color to make the overall color lighter.

I'll post these 2 again...I think it's the perfect example of the difference he mentioned :)

And yeah, once again I prefer the 1st, the colors are more "rich" or LOUD (as Phroze might say) :whistle:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/Harry%20Potter/hogwartsday6.jpg?t=1239939203

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/Harry%20Potter/hogwartsday2.jpg?t=1239939261

The 2nd, which is apparently how it'll look in the final cut appears hazy and "washed out" to me. :p

DML1991
June 24th, 2009, 8:54 am
the 4th trailer was the watchmen IMAX one...Most people don't consider the international trailer the second because it was a unofficial, leaked release.

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 9:05 am
Most people don't consider the international trailer the second because it was a unofficial, leaked release.

well, even so...these were the ones shown in theatres, you forgot one :lol: :p

1st- "teaser teaser" with TDK :rotfl:

2nd- Teaser trailer with Mummy

3rd- Feature trailer with Twilight

4th- IMAX trailer with Watchmen

5th- Final trailer with ??? (help me out here, I don't recall) :lol:

And then we have all the "unofficial" or "leaked" ones...

International Teaser Trailer

Japanese Trailer

International Trailer

but can we call them "unofficial" or "leaked" just cause they were not shown in theatres or were internet only? :whistle:

Hes
June 24th, 2009, 9:08 am
Does it really matter?

(this is a rhetorical question btw to stop you guys arguing)

ArryGrotter
June 24th, 2009, 9:15 am
??? (help me out here, I don't recall) :lol:

Ghost of Girlfriends Past

Edit:

Oooh - news! :D

The Australian rating is (http://www.readingcinemas.com.au/movies/movie.asp?ID=1j0o850.471506843q3e80274n.87&title=Harry%20Potter%20&%20The%20Half-Blood%20Prince)

M: Fantasy Violence

:D

This actually is higher than the GoF rating (Moderate fantasy violence) and the OotP rating (Moderate fantasy themes and violence) :D

I love seeing those blue M's on my DVD spines :D

I'm now just waiting for the NZ rating...

meesha1971
June 24th, 2009, 10:08 am

I agree. Really, it looks more like a difference in lighting to me. Like that one shot of Bellatrix has the floating candles lighting everything up with a golden glow while the other one does not. I really don't see a whole lot of difference between the two apart from the older shots being more shadowy with less detail visible.

I just watched that brief clip of Weasley Wizard Wheezes - I was hoping it would be longer, but I liked it - Fred and George deadpanning "10 galleons" was hilarious. :lol: I think that's going to be a good scene. :)

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 10:45 am
Ghost of Girlfriends Past

Edit:

Oooh - news! :D

The Australian rating is (http://www.readingcinemas.com.au/movies/movie.asp?ID=1j0o850.471506843q3e80274n.87&title=Harry%20Potter%20&%20The%20Half-Blood%20Prince)

M: Fantasy Violence

:D

This actually is higher than the GoF rating (Moderate fantasy violence) and the OotP rating (Moderate fantasy themes and violence) :D

I love seeing those blue M's on my DVD spines :D

I'm now just waiting for the NZ rating...

WHOAH, is there a reason that has length listed as 163 minutes?! Typo? I thought it was 153...oh well, the longer the better, IMO :tu:

And yeah, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past...thanks :)

bakimba
June 24th, 2009, 10:48 am
are the movies promotional activities part of this thread? im just kinda wandering why WB is not so keen in promoting the HG ship? i believe that harry and ginny's storyline was a big part in hbp in comparison to harry/cho in ootp, but there so much buzz about harry's lovelife in OOTP promotions than in HBPs, when in fact it was ginny who ended up w/ harry.

im want to see HBP but im afraid i'll be just disappointed when it turns out that ginny's part are not not there to see.....

FleurDeLaPointe
June 24th, 2009, 11:25 am
Polishing a shot too much would actually be a detriment than a benefit, especially when the final result makes the SFX looks more SFX-esque than usual. While I don't want to be hoping for a candle or a torch in order to see a place, at the same time I don't want to feel like I have to bring a pair of sunglasses in order view this film.

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 11:58 am
That Hero Complex has a new article. It's not all that interesting...just about R/L but I did find this bit quite funny :lol:

For your final audition, what scene did you get to act out with Rupert?
We actually had to improvise for a good 15 or 20 minutes, which is very scary. It’s a really long time. The director, David Yates, was there and he was just like, “Hi. Right. Here’s a plate of biscuits, Jessie. It’s a lovely plate of chocolate biscuits and I want you to do whatever you want with these biscuits.’ Rupert was in the room, sitting on the sofa, and I just thought, ‘What the hell am I going to do with this plate of biscuits?’

What did you end up doing?
I thought, ‘I’m just going to go for it.’ And I think Rupert was a bit scared, really. The biscuits were past the sofa, away from me so I kind of just tangled myself around Rupert and just made it really obvious that I didn’t really care about the biscuits. I just wanted to be near him. I think he was quite scared.

Awww, he was probably acting, too. Right?
No, he was actually scared [laughs]. I think he’s easily scared though, bless him. He was so lovely and we really got on and made each other laugh, and that helped.

I wonder why he was so scared. :huh:

Personally if a girl that attractive tangled herself around me making it obvious she just wanted to be near me I think I'd feel as if I was in heaven :p :lol: I'm interested to see how well Jessie Cave can act and I'm glad there will be more eye candy than just Emma this time. :cool:

Here's the full article, btw- http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2009/06/harry-potter-countdown-jessie-cave-spills-about-scaring-smooching-ron.html

Oh, and forgive me for asking this as it's probably a noobish question but I don't recall seeing this poster before, is it new? I don't particulary care for it, Jessie looks like she is hunched over or something, it's awkward. And far as I know they aren't at Sluggy's party so...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef011571484c3e970b-320wi

Hysteria
June 24th, 2009, 12:37 pm
^I'm not keen on it either. I think it's bad photo manipulation and looks extremely awkward.

are the movies promotional activities part of this thread? im just kinda wandering why WB is not so keen in promoting the HG ship? i believe that harry and ginny's storyline was a big part in hbp in comparison to harry/cho in ootp, but there so much buzz about harry's lovelife in OOTP promotions than in HBPs, when in fact it was ginny who ended up w/ harry.

im want to see HBP but im afraid i'll be just disappointed when it turns out that ginny's part are not not there to see.....

Well they released a Harry/Ginny poster so they haven't been hiding it by any means.

Mad_Druid
June 24th, 2009, 12:55 pm
Well they released a Harry/Ginny poster so they haven't been hiding it by any means.

Yes, but I remember a lot more publicity over the Harry/Cho kiss. Many people seem to be more interested in Ron/Hermione as far as the romance goes.

And I agree that the poster looks awkward.

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 1:09 pm

Not to mention we got a glimpse of the kiss in the HBP sneak peeks nearly 2 years ago! ;) And from then on like every trailer seemed to show them getting closer and closer, with their lips basically touching in the last in addition to more of this ("take my hand") and other H/G scenes. Only thing is the romantic relalationship that followed the kiss in the book is non-existent and they drastically altered the "many sunlit days" kiss into another Room of Requirement kiss, like in OotP...except this time the girl initiates it and Harry has his eyes closed :rolleyes:

However, even though they are omitting their brief relationship where they are actually "together" there does seem to be quite a few scenes to develop this aspect of the story. For instance, this added Burrow Attack which has really grown on me...I think one of it's main purposes is as a H/G scene, they get seperated from the rest and fight to protect each other. It's a demonstration of their love, IMO. I was mad at first when the Battle was cut from the end cause I really wanted to see like the bit where Ginny is dancing around avoiding Crucio's and the DE's says "you can't dance forever my pretty" and Harry who's running down the hall stops to help Ginny out by taking down her attacker. But I think the scene at the Burrow is similar to this and might be better actually, with Greyback saying "don't you smell clean" and then Harry coming to her rescue and blasting Greyback onto his back. It should make for quite the exciting (and romantic? :whistle:) sequence!

I can't believe I'm drawing a comparison with this...but it's like Edward coming to Bella's rescue at the end of the Twilight film :lol: :cool:

Alright, you can all hang me now for mentioning that :p

Kanksha
June 24th, 2009, 1:45 pm
But I think the scene at the Burrow is similar to this and might be better actually, with Greyback saying "don't you smell clean" and then Harry coming to her rescue and blasting Greyback onto his back. It should make for quite the exciting (and romantic? :whistle:) sequence!

I can't believe I'm drawing a comparison with this...but it's like Edward coming to Bella's rescue at the end of the Twilight film :lol: :cool:

Alright, you can all hang me now for mentioning that :p

That's funny, I was just thinking that as I was reading your post :lol:

I just saw New Moon's trailer, and I envy the Twilight fans a little bit cause they don't really need to worry much about stuff being cut/changed from the book. Twilight was pretty much made to be a movie. :whistle:

That R/L poster up there is fanmade right? It looks very photoshopped.

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 2:07 pm
That's funny, I was just thinking that as I was reading your post :lol:

I just saw New Moon's trailer, and I envy the Twilight fans a little bit cause they don't really need to worry much about stuff being cut/changed from the book. Twilight was pretty much made to be a movie. :whistle:

That R/L poster up there is fanmade right? It looks very photoshopped.

:lol:

I'm not sure what you mean by that, unless you're referring to it being "made to be" (a mediocre and overly cheesy romance film) :p

And no, that's not fanmade. But you do realize all professional posters are essentially photoshopped, right? :shrug:

Hes
June 24th, 2009, 2:10 pm
Please let's not start discussing/abusing Twilight here.

Hysteria
June 24th, 2009, 2:23 pm

And no, that's not fanmade. But you do realize all professional posters are essentially photoshopped, right? :shrug:

I think he just meant that it looks very amateur and I'd agree with that. It looks like something a first year design student could do :shrug: which is pretty disappointing. The others have looked far more professional. I think part of the problem is the photos they used. The photo of Ron in that poster is a good one but looks out of place (IMO) in the context and it's a very unflattering picture of Lavender.

AccioHP
June 24th, 2009, 2:50 pm
That Hero Complex has a new article. It's not all that interesting...just about R/L but I did find this bit quite funny :lol:

I wonder why he was so scared. :huh:

Personally if a girl that attractive tangled herself around me making it obvious she just wanted to be near me I think I'd feel as if I was in heaven :p :lol: I'm interested to see how well Jessie Cave can act and I'm glad there will be more eye candy than just Emma this time. :cool:

Here's the full article, btw- http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2009/06/harry-potter-countdown-jessie-cave-spills-about-scaring-smooching-ron.html

Oh, and forgive me for asking this as it's probably a noobish question but I don't recall seeing this poster before, is it new? I don't particulary care for it, Jessie looks like she is hunched over or something, it's awkward. And far as I know they aren't at Sluggy's party so...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef011571484c3e970b-320wi

I think that's one of the posters that was on the newly released UK site for the movie.

Kanksha
June 24th, 2009, 3:19 pm
Well actually I meant that it almost looks like somebody else standing there and Lavender's head has been transplanted onto the body :eeep:

But really all posters are photoshopped?
Though now that I think about it, it does seem pretty obvious. Oops. Sorry for the noob question :)

bakimba
June 24th, 2009, 3:55 pm
^

yeah but one harry/ginny poster is still way way far from harry/cho publicity in ootp... i just dont get it that they publicize too much a small plot in the book and then completely forget a much important storyline ....

Not to mention we got a glimpse of the kiss in the HBP sneak peeks nearly 2 years ago! ;) And from then on like every trailer seemed to show them getting closer and closer, with their lips basically touching in the last in addition to more of this ("take my hand") and other H/G scenes. Only thing is the romantic relalationship that followed the kiss in the book is non-existent and they drastically altered the "many sunlit days" kiss into another Room of Requirement kiss, like in OotP...except this time the girl initiates it and Harry has his eyes closed :rolleyes:

However, even though they are omitting their brief relationship where they are actually "together" there does seem to be quite a few scenes to develop this aspect of the story. For instance, this added Burrow Attack which has really grown on me...I think one of it's main purposes is as a H/G scene, they get seperated from the rest and fight to protect each other. It's a demonstration of their love, IMO. I was mad at first when the Battle was cut from the end cause I really wanted to see like the bit where Ginny is dancing around avoiding Crucio's and the DE's says "you can't dance forever my pretty" and Harry who's running down the hall stops to help Ginny out by taking down her attacker. But I think the scene at the Burrow is similar to this and might be better actually, with Greyback saying "don't you smell clean" and then Harry coming to her rescue and blasting Greyback onto his back. It should make for quite the exciting (and romantic? :whistle:) sequence!

:p

isnt the burrow scene taken from the DH?

Noldus
June 24th, 2009, 4:08 pm
yeah but one harry/ginny poster is still way way far from harry/cho publicity in ootp... i just dont get it that they publicize too much a small plot in the book and then completely forget a much important storyline ....

No, it´s not. David Yates and his crew invented a new scene to visualize that the world is not as safe as before. Remember, in the book there were headlines in the newspapers about the growing danger outside. In a film that would probably not work.

Hysteria
June 24th, 2009, 4:46 pm
Originally Posted by bakimba
"One poster" is a pretty big deal. They don't make promotional posters for little unimportant things (although one could say Ron/LavLav is unimportant) generally. The Harry/Cho kiss was a big deal because it was the first real romantic thing in the HP films. Now it's old news.

decarus
June 24th, 2009, 5:06 pm
Yes, I think twilight would have been crushed if the 2 films faced off in nov. I don't think that would be true now seeing how twilight has skyrocketed in HP's absence.

I really think that if people want to see twilight they go see twilight. If they want to see HBP they go see HBP. If they had come out on the same weekend, those people who wanted to see both would have gone and seen both. It isn't really a competition in that way.

Also with regards to the coloring, there are some shots that i like the old ones and others where i like the new ones. It might be the outside verses inside thing.

boushh
June 24th, 2009, 5:10 pm
"One poster" is a pretty big deal. They don't make promotional posters for little unimportant things (although one could important Ron/LavLav is unimportant) generally. The Harry/Cho kiss was a big deal because it was the first real romantic thing in the HP films. Now it's old news.

I agree. I think Harry/Ginny is out there quite a bit. It's been in almost every trailer, it has a poster, Ginny is prominent in some of the promotion, which elevates her status immensely from the previous films. Was there a giant version of Cho anywhere? Bonnie has been interviewed several times. Ginny has been in the trailers and/or promotion for the video games. She's been more prominent than Hermione in some ways, IMHO.

Phrozenone
June 24th, 2009, 5:37 pm
Myspace is promoting Half Blood Prince on their main page now!!!

:D:D:D

Kanksha
June 24th, 2009, 5:45 pm
Myspace is promoting Half Blood Prince on their main page now!!!

I went to Myspace to check it out but unfortunately I've got my country filters activated, and the main page is promoting Bollywood movies. I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of the filters :grumble:

katana
June 24th, 2009, 5:56 pm
I really think that if people want to see twilight they go see twilight. If they want to see HBP they go see HBP. If they had come out on the same weekend, those people who wanted to see both would have gone and seen both. It isn't really a competition in that way.
I personally don't see how WB could have been afraid of Twilight last year. HBP was scheduled to come out 3 weeks BEFORE Twilight. If they were to go head to head, it's a tough call because HBP would have lost a chunk of it's viewers for Twilight. But I still think HBP would have come out on top.
But, IMO, Twilight will have lost a lot of it's viewers for the next film simply because the first movie was terrible. I saw it in theaters, but I won't be seeing New Moon or any of the others. But you're right, people see what they want to see. They both have built in audiences, but, IMO, it's bigger for HBP.

LyraLovegood
June 24th, 2009, 6:16 pm
I saw an actual TV commercial for HBP last night. I was all ready to SQUEE like an obsessed fangirl... when the commercial ended, having shown nothing but the silly rom-com themes.

Well, okay, it also showed a little of the Death-Eater attack on Hogwarts and the Flight of the Prince.

But I only squee for Harry & Dumbledore in the Inferius Cave.

I was much more impressed by the posters, banners, and cardboard stand-up thingies I saw in the theatre on Saturday when we went to see UP (which was very good, and I don't get why there's no thread for it in the Movie Forum).

boushh
June 24th, 2009, 6:16 pm
I personally don't see how WB could have been afraid of Twilight last year. HBP was scheduled to come out 3 weeks BEFORE Twilight. If they were to go head to head, it's a tough call because HBP would have lost a chunk of it's viewers for Twilight. But I still think HBP would have come out on top.
But, IMO, Twilight will have lost a lot of it's viewers for the next film simply because the first movie was terrible. I saw it in theaters, but I won't be seeing New Moon or any of the others. But you're right, people see what they want to see. They both have built in audiences, but, IMO, it's bigger for HBP.

Personally, I don't think they were afraid of Twilight. They gave their reasons for moving the film and they have made sense to me from the beginning. Anything saying that the film was moved because of Twilight (like that recent article which read like an opinion piece) is just speculating and not looking other plausible reasons that were given by the studio. JMHO

decarus
June 24th, 2009, 7:01 pm
I went and saw twilight too with a friend of mine. If HBP had come out around the same time i would have seen it too. It isn't as if it is one or the other. People can go see both. Just think, if they had come out on the same weekend, wouldn't you have seen both?

PS. I agree that WB moved it because they think they can make more money by releasing it in the summer and not because they were afraid of Twilight. The are probably right. Kids don't have school and are more likely to see HBP multiple times.

Sesquipedalian
June 24th, 2009, 7:04 pm
I apologise for disrupting your current conversation, but I have recently decided to obtain an account at this forum after visiting it as a mere unregistered guest since before the release of the Order of the Phoenix film, and would like to add my two cents' worth to a discussion that you guys took part in a few pages back, regarding the cinematography of the upcoming Half-Blood Prince film.

In a recent interview, David Yates stated that, due to Warner Bros.'s displeasure with the monochromatic look of several scenes in the film, he and the other filmmakers that have been working on the film altered the colourisation of them, making them more vibrant and less one-toned. After considerable discussion, you guys came to the conclusion that the scenes in question, most notably the attack on the Millennium Bridge, will appear in the final film as they did in the latest trailer; however, I disagree with you, as I believe that they will look as they did in recent TV spots and featurettes. My reason for thinking this is such:

Take a look at the comparisons between shots that lcbaseball22 posted on the eleventh page of this thread, specifically the one of the Millennium Bridge; the top image in this comparison between the different versions of the bridge attack scene is from a recent television advert, whilst the bottom shows how it looked in the trailer from November. In my opinion, the bottom image is much more monochromatic, it being almost completely blue, than the top, which is somewhat more vibrant--even more so than in the final trailer from April. Although I am content with the appearance of both versions of the scene, I merely wished to state that I disagree with you guys' conclusion, and that I believe that the scenes in the final film will look more as they did in the newer television spots. 'Tis simply my opinion.

On an unrelated note, I am greatly anticipating the film's release, and hope that I will be nicely welcomed to discuss it with you guys as though I have been a member of this site for quite some time.

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 7:25 pm

No, it isn't. It was added specifically for HBP. OH, and I almost forgot to mention that Harry and Ginny are about to kiss on the stairs of the Burrow when they get interupted by the Death Eaters attacking. :lol: In any case, I'd say there has been just as much (if not more) promotion of H/G as there was for H/C, other than not having had like say a video interview with Dan about the kiss. But I believe the reason it was so talked about in interviews and such for OotP was more because it was Harry's FIRST kiss rather than about WHO he was kissing. I think perhaps I've seen a couple interviews with Bonnie about it though if I'm not mistaken. Or if not, there will probably be some soon.

I apologise for disrupting your current conversation, but I have recently decided to obtain an account at this forum after visiting it as a mere unregistered guest since before the release of the Order of the Phoenix film's release, and would like to add my two cents' worth to a discussion that you guys took part in a few pages back, regarding the cinematography of the upcoming Half-Blood Prince film.

In a recent interview, David Yates stated that, due to Warner Bros.'s displeasure with the monochromatic look of several scenes in the film, he and the other filmmakers that have been working on the film altered the colourisation of them, making them more vibrant and less one-toned. After considerable discussion, you guys came to the conclusion that the scenes in question, most notably the attack on the Millennium Bridge, will appear in the final film as they did in the latest trailer; however, I disagree with you, as I believe that they will look as they did in recent TV spots and featurettes. My reason for thinking this is such:

Take a look at the comparisons between shots that lcbaseball22 posted on the eleventh page of this thread, specifically the one of the Millennium Bridge; the top image in this comparison between the different versions of the bridge attack scene is from a recent television advert, whilst the bottom shows how it looked in the trailer from November. In my opinion, the bottom image is much more monochromatic, it being almost completely blue, than the top, which is somewhat more vibrant--even more so than in the final trailer from April. Although I am content with the appearance of both versions of the scene, I merely wished to state that I disagree with you guys' conclusion, and that I believe that the scenes in the final film will look more as they did in the newer television spots. 'Tis simply my opinion.

On an unrelated note, I am greatly anticipating the film's release, and hope that I will be nicely welcomed to discuss it with you guys as though I have been a member of this site for quite some time.

Wow, that's a LONG time to be a lurking guest! :wow: Glad you finally decided to join the discussion :welcome:

And yeah, I was worried about this actually as you might have noticed but everyone seemed to think the TV spots was unfinished material so I laid my fears to rest regarding those. To me the TV spots looks terrible, like all the color has been drained, so I hope you are wrong.

EDIT: Actually, I do now kinda prefer the shot of the Bridge...but what about this one, you think the final version of the cave is going to look almost black, like this then? As I said, it is more realistic I suppose...but I thought the like turqoise shot looked a lot more pretty.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/tvspot2.jpg?t=1244378721

Sesquipedalian
June 24th, 2009, 7:37 pm
Wow, that's a LONG time to be a lurking guest! :wow: Glad you finally decided to join the discussion :welcome:

And yeah, I was worried about this actually as you might have noticed but everyone seemed to think the TV spots was unfinished material so I laid my fears to rest regarding those. To me the TV spots looks terrible, like all the color has been drained, so I hope you are wrong.

I thank you for welcoming me; you would not believe how difficult it was for me to decide to finally join the forum after all those years.:lol:

And I'm still not entirely convinced that the scenes will look as they did in the TV spots, I just have a slight belief that such is the case. The bridge attack, especially, looks quite monochromatic and blue-tinted in the trailer from November, and even that from April, while it looks somewhat more vibrant and less blue in the TV spots, and as Yates stated that Warner Bros. wanted less monochrome and more colour, I formed this inclination that the TV spots are a more accurate representation of how the final film will look.

But I guess that we shall never officially know how the film will appear until exactly three weeks from today!:tu:

EDIT: In truth, lcbaseball22, the Millennium Bridge attack is the only scene wherein I had a slight disagreement with Warner Bros.'s decision, as I was so accustomed to the blue-ish look of the scene that the more natural-looking version was a bit startling, though I've grown wont to that, as well; I believe that the cave scene would look amazing with either the turquoise or black colour scheme.

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 7:45 pm
I thank you for welcoming me; you would not believe how difficult it was for me to decide to finally join the forum after all those years.:lol:

And I'm still not entirely convinced that the scenes will look as they did in the TV spots, I just have a slight belief that such is the case. The bridge attack, especially, looks quite monochromatic and blue-tinted in the trailer from November, and even that from April, while it looks somewhat more vibrant and less blue in the TV spots, and as Yates stated that Warner Bros. wanted less monochrome and more colour, I formed this inclination that the TV spots are a more accurate representation of how the final film will look.

But I guess that we shall never officially know how the film will appear until exactly three weeks from today!:tu:

Ok, I see. :hmm:

But on other shots, those from the featurette in particular that I posted above those from the TV spots, I'm thinking it looks more now like they just hadn't color processed yet. Unless the Tom Riddle scene really has been wiped of the green and will appear like this in the final:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/tomriddle.jpg?t=1244378424

Sesquipedalian
June 24th, 2009, 8:00 pm
Ok, I see. :hmm:

But on other shots, those from the featurette in particular that I posted above those from the TV spots, I'm thinking it looks more now like they just hadn't color processed yet. Unless the Tom Riddle scene really has been wiped of the green and will appear like this in the final:

I agree with you about that scene. According to Yates, Warner Bros. wanted the film to be less monochromatic, and that scene looks just as monochromatic in the featurette as it did in the trailer from November. I see no reason as to why the filmmakers would make such a useless alteration in colourisation.

Also, the way it looked in the November trailer, with all the green, is better for continuity, in my opinion, as it resembles the blue-ish orphanage memory more; with the brown, it looks as though it could be any ordinary scene, not specifically a memory.

R_U_Sirius
June 24th, 2009, 8:04 pm
Unless the Tom Riddle scene really has been wiped of the green and will appear like this in the final:

Slightly altering the color of a memory scene has, occasionally, been a cinematic way of creating a different sense of relative time. Could that be the case here?

katana
June 24th, 2009, 8:36 pm
I went and saw twilight too with a friend of mine. If HBP had come out around the same time i would have seen it too. It isn't as if it is one or the other. People can go see both. Just think, if they had come out on the same weekend, wouldn't you have seen both?

PS. I agree that WB moved it because they think they can make more money by releasing it in the summer and not because they were afraid of Twilight. The are probably right. Kids don't have school and are more likely to see HBP multiple times.
Yeah, I would have seen both if they had come out at the same time. I think most people would have. It's kind of annoying though that it's been turned into a competition. I too think WB made the right move, moving HBP to summer. I think it'll turn out better for HBP. Summer time does make it easier to go multiple times. I'll be seeing it once with the hubby, then I'll go a second time and take my son and then I'll be seeing it again in IMAX. I've never been to an IMAX movie, so I'm excited for that.

R_U_Sirius
June 24th, 2009, 8:53 pm
Oh no!! I killed the thread. I should apparently stick to lurking. Oh well, I live close enough to NYC to get there for this...anyone else?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/north-american-premiere-of-harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-thursday-july-9-2009

decarus
June 24th, 2009, 9:17 pm
Yeah, I would have seen both if they had come out at the same time. I think most people would have. It's kind of annoying though that it's been turned into a competition. I too think WB made the right move, moving HBP to summer. I think it'll turn out better for HBP. Summer time does make it easier to go multiple times. I'll be seeing it once with the hubby, then I'll go a second time and take my son and then I'll be seeing it again in IMAX. I've never been to an IMAX movie, so I'm excited for that.
It is sort of annoying that it is a competition because it's not. All i care is that they make all seven, or eight i guess, Harry Potters. They will. They are filming. They have release dates. I am good.

Though don't get me wrong it seriously wigged me out when they changed the release date because i was looking forward to seeing HBP. I do understand the logic of doing it to make more money because this is business. I don't have to like it though.

Noldus
June 24th, 2009, 9:21 pm
I don´t think we need to worry about the colouring in the film:) WB wanted more colour added so why on earth would they wash out the colours? Actually, I think that was the intention in the beginning though. But then WB wanted the pictures to be more unrealistic, more epic to attract a wider audience:) I really hope this is the case...

Sesquipedalian
June 24th, 2009, 10:27 pm
I don´t think we need to worry about the colouring in the film:) WB wanted more colour added so why on earth would they wash out the colours? Actually, I think that was the intention in the beginning though. But then WB wanted the pictures to be more unrealistic, more epic to attract a wider audience:) I really hope this is the case...

Yeah, it's not as if I will have to endure sleepless nights due to constant pondering on this colourisation issue; in my mind, it is not that great an issue. I merely wished to inform you guys of my own opinions regarding it, as they were in slight contrast of your own. Even if the colours in the film differ from those in the trailers, it is undeniable that the general camera-work and what-not will be an improvement over that in Order of the Phoenix.

eaglestreasure
June 24th, 2009, 10:31 pm
Yeah, it's not as if I will have to endure sleepless nights due to constant pondering on this colourisation issue; in my mind, it is not that great an issue. I merely wished to inform you guys of my own opinions regarding it, as they were in slight contrast of your own. Even if the colours in the film differ from those in the trailers, it is undeniable that the general camera-work and what-not will be an improvement over that in Order of the Phoenix.

I certainly hope so :tu:

I was always secretly hoping that Alfonso Cuaron (PoA) would come back to direct, but I guess not:(

I still think it'll be good though!:clap:

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 10:45 pm

True, even IF they have screwed with Bruno's color schemes the "general camera-work" looks to be a huge improvement. For instance, I'm loving all the wide shots that allow you to take it all in. OotP was lacking in those and had too many in your face close ups, IMO

I was always secretly hoping that Alfonso Cuaron (PoA) would come back to direct, but I guess not:(

And thank goodness he didn't, IMO. :relax:

I'll still have to wait until I see HBP to pass judgement on Yates but I think I'm pleased that he's staying on through the end. I love Yates enthusiasm and he's gone back and read all the books and really seems like one of us now. Plus he knows how to get good performances out of actors. I was severely disspapointed with OotP overall, but I'm hoping the blame falls on Goldenberg (scriptwriter) and Day (editor) there. If there is one thing OotP had going for it, it was more cinematic than the previous installments, and that looks to be the case again. :tu:

IenjoyAcidPops
June 24th, 2009, 11:26 pm
There was some talk before of whether Harry/Ginny was receiving enough attention or promotion, compared to Harry/Cho last film; I was reading through the last issue of Entertainment Weekly (their Must List issue) and came across this to my surprise:

BONNIE WRIGHT
MUST BEWITCHED LOVE INTEREST
AGE: 18 WHY HER: Few Harry Potter fans imagined that Ginny Weasley would blossom into the love of the boy wizard's life. Ditto Wright, the actress who has played Ginny since she was 9. Now Wright and her character move into the spotlight with Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince, opening July 15. KISS AND TELL: Prince features the first smooch between Ginny and Harry. "It was weird to have that moment with someone you've known for so long," she says. HALF-BLOOD'S HALF-CELEB: Because Ginny is only now emerging as a major Potter player, Wright has never had to deal with mega-fame. "The part I've had has allowed me to feel part of the whole Harry Potter world, yet I can walk on the street without being recognized." NEXT: University, where she'll study, yes, acting. ON HER MUST LIST: "I'm reading Milton's Paradise Lost," she says. "Creation, Adam and Eve, fall of man - great stuff."

Nothing too exciting, but there it is.

Montse
June 25th, 2009, 2:31 am
There was some talk before of whether Harry/Ginny was receiving enough attention or promotion, compared to Harry/Cho last film;

IMO, the big fuss with Cho was that it was Harry´s first kiss. This not only implied a big step in Harry´s life but it told the audience the little boy was growing up. Now it is his second kiss, not as important they might think.
I am not worried that much because it seems the film is filled with Harry / Ginny moments. What I do fear is that because it is not developed as in the book ,non readers might not realize Ginny is " The one " for Harry and how much Ginny means to Him.( their relationship is non existent in the film) They might just end up thinking Harry will be kissing different girls in the different films.It all depends how they handle it.
I recall in the early days after Phoenix was released , how we discussed Harry´s relationship with Cho had no closure, which to me was important but for the mayority of the people those days was not. Now it seems Harry and Ginny´s relationship has not closure either, cause apparently it wont even have a beginning . It will be just a secret kiss.So in terms of how they are handling the relationship , I might say they are handling the promotion fairly enough.
Lets just wait and see how it turns out and what they do with it in Hallows. Where in my opinion , they have a lot to deal with already , to be worrying about rather than developing relationships.

JustAnIllusion
June 25th, 2009, 3:00 am
I am not worried that much because it seems the film is filled with Harry / Ginny moments. What I do fear is that because it is not developed as in the book ,non readers might not realize Ginny is " The one " for Harry and how much Ginny means to Him.( their relationship is non existent in the film) They might just end up thinking Harry will be kissing different girls in the different films.It all depends how they handle it.

IMHO, the book developed the relationship in an even more subtle way than the movie will be, according to what we've seen. If anything, it'll be more obvious in the movie than it was in the book.

ally_xx
June 25th, 2009, 4:25 am
IMHO, the book developed the relationship in an even more subtle way than the movie will be, according to what we've seen. If anything, it'll be more obvious in the movie than it was in the book.

Yes, I agree. We see many subtle hints that non-readers will be able to pick up on, and figure out that Ginny loves Harry and vice versa.

lcbaseball22
June 25th, 2009, 4:59 am
Yes, I agree. We see many subtle hints that non-readers will be able to pick up on, and figure out that Ginny loves Harry and vice versa.

Or rather, NOT so subtle...from All-Inclusive HBP List :p

Hermione will mention that she can tell Harry likes Ginny-

Hermione mentions it to Harry when he's comforting her after she sends the birds after Ron in the empty classroom - she asks him if it hurts him to see Ginny with Dean as badly as it hurts her to see Ron with Lavender... she says she's "seen the way he (Harry) looks at her (Ginny)" and knows he loves her...

FemmeCerebus
June 25th, 2009, 5:04 am
I'm possibly the LEAST interested by the Harry / Ginny kiss (why doesn't he just kiss his mother?)

katana
June 25th, 2009, 5:10 am
It is sort of annoying that it is a competition because it's not. All i care is that they make all seven, or eight i guess, Harry Potters. They will. They are filming. They have release dates. I am good.
:lol: Same here. Just knowing that they've made it the filming of the final Potter films has made me extremely happy. Now, bring on July 15th already!! :lol:

lcbaseball22
June 25th, 2009, 5:11 am
I'm possibly the LEAST interested by the Harry / Ginny kiss (why doesn't he just kiss his mother?)

I don't get it...his mother is dead, and that'd be quite perverted. :whistle:

katana
June 25th, 2009, 5:17 am

And thank goodness he didn't, IMO. :relax:

I'll still have to wait until I see HBP to pass judgement on Yates but I think I'm pleased that he's staying on through the end. I love Yates enthusiasm and he's gone back and read all the books and really seems like one of us now. Plus he knows how to get good performances out of actors. I was severely disspapointed with OotP overall, but I'm hoping the blame falls on Goldenberg (scriptwriter) and Day (editor) there. If there is one thing OotP had going for it, it was more cinematic than the previous installments, and that looks to be the case again. :tu:
I liked OOTP quite a lot. I think it's good that they kept Yates on for the last 3, or in this case 4, films. It keeps consistency. I liked POA, but I too am glad that Cuaron isn't back for the last films. I would have liked to seen him do GOF though.
Didn't Kloves return to write HBP?

Sahara
June 25th, 2009, 6:32 am

But yeah... ordering my Ravenclaw outfit from Whimsic Alley on Friday for the premiere, I hope it gets here in time!

I'm rather impressed that there'll be one director for four of the films. The HP series could definitely use some consistency :tu:

decarus
June 25th, 2009, 7:09 am
I am not that interested in the Harry/Ginny kiss either. I have always been a Ron/Hermione shipper. Though i think Hermione is a lot more like Ron's mother then Ginny is like Harry's.

I do like what they have done in the film though with Harry/Ginny. I think that plot is the most changed from the book, but that is because a lot of what happens is in Harry's mind where he goes back and forth about liking Ginny and wanting to kiss her and thinking he can't like her because it is Ron's sister. I really like what they have done with it in the film though for the most part as long as Ron and Hermione are aware at the end of the film or the beginning of DH.

ally_xx
June 25th, 2009, 8:23 am
I am looking forward to see the whole Harry/Ginny and the Ron/Hermione stuff :)

I can't wait to see this mooooovvviiieeeeee :drool:

Have my tickets up on my wall, ready to pull down at 7.30am on Wednesday the 15th of July, and get in my car with my best friend and drive to the movies to watch it .... I have it all planned out in my head :yuhup:

FleurDeLaPointe
June 25th, 2009, 10:27 am
I certainly hope so :tu:

I'm sure on the alternate earth that is orbiting directly opposite of us on the other side of the sun away from our prying eyes has their own version of Cuaron directing HBP. The question is whether or not they are the evil versions of us or are we the evil versions of them?

Kanksha
June 25th, 2009, 10:33 am

I agree with this. :tu:

What we got in the book were very subtle hints; Harry's twinge of annoyance on the Hogwarts Express when Ginny went to find her own friends, he had gotten used to her being around. Recognizing a flowery scent from the Burrow in his Amortentia, then realizing it was Ginny's scent; then finally seeing her with Dean and admitting his feelings to himself.

Getting injured in Quidditch becuse he's too busy staring at Ginny, Hermione's infuriating knowing looks, Ginny standing up for Harry, and then the kiss in the common room.

Not very easy to express in film, and what we're getting is definitely more blatant than that; barring, well the actual resolution of the relationship. :rolleyes: Though the build-up is definitely more prominent.

Montse
June 25th, 2009, 3:48 pm
I agree with this.

What we got in the book were very subtle hints; Harry's twinge of annoyance on the Hogwarts Express when Ginny went to find her own friends, he had gotten used to her being around. Recognizing a flowery scent from the Burrow in his Amortentia, then realizing it was Ginny's scent; then finally seeing her with Dean and admitting his feelings to himself.

Getting injured in Quidditch becuse he's too busy staring at Ginny, Hermione's infuriating knowing looks, Ginny standing up for Harry, and then the kiss in the common room.

Not very easy to express in film, and what we're getting is definitely more blatant than that; barring, well the actual resolution of the relationship. Though the build-up is definitely more prominent.

I am not disagreeing with this, I think they have handled all those thougths and turn them into visual things that the audience can watch. What I meant was, geez how to explain it...
How will the audience know this is not another crush like the one he had with Cho?

With Cho we had him slurping water, staring at her and telling how pretty she was. We had him get toungue tied asking her to the ball and getting depressed cause she would not go with him.All this making his crush on Cho very visual for the film.
When I read about Harry and Ginny in the book I understood it was different this time around. The statement that" Harry being happier that he had felt for a long time " and Harry himself saying " it had been like something out of someone else´s life" made me think he had found the right girl for him and that it was something far beyond a crush.
What worries me is the following:
Will the audience get this from all the moments in the film?
Will they become aware of how much Ginny means to him?
Not only as a momentarily love interest as cho was, will they understand how different the situation is?
I know some people could not care less. I am just staing my opinion and my worries.
And I know I am not the only one, many girls like me love the dark and magical side of the story, but we also love the romantic side.
Even Jk said " What is life without a little love ?" :)

Willz
June 25th, 2009, 3:56 pm
I think Harry and Ginny's relationship will be potrayed more in DH. They will need to explain how it is they fall in love with each other get married and have children people will wonder how that happened.

A kiss in HBP doesn't show how deep there feelings are so they will have to work on it in DH.

Montse
June 25th, 2009, 4:05 pm
I think Harry and Ginny's relationship will be potrayed more in DH. They will need to explain how it is they fall in love with each other get married and have children people will wonder how that happened.

A kiss in HBP doesn't show how deep there feelings are so they will have to work on it in DH.

That was the point I was trying to make in my previous posts. :)
The thing with that is that THIS was the film to develop romance, Hallows has so many things to develop that to focus on Romance beside little awkaward moments between the two seems " difficult "
But what do I know.:)

Kanksha
June 25th, 2009, 4:11 pm
How will the audience know this is not another crush like the one he had with Cho?

With Cho we had him slurping water, staring at her and telling how pretty she was. We had him get toungue tied asking her to the ball and getting depressed cause she would not go with him.All this making his crush on Cho very visual for the film.
When I read about Harry and Ginny in the book I understood it was different this time around. The statement that" Harry being happier that he had felt for a long time " and Harry himself saying " it had been like something out of someone else´s life" made me think he had found the right girl for him and that it was something far beyond a crush.
Not only as a momentarily love interest as cho was, will they understand how different the situation is?

You're right, those are very valid concerns.

One thing that stands out is that with Cho, it was an instant crush because he thought she was very pretty. With Ginny there's been so much build up because they've been friends first and then Harry realizes that this girl is more important to him than a simple friend. Everybody knows those relationships are more enduring than an infatuation at first sight, right?

We've also seen sharp reactions from Ginny in OotP whenever Harry/Cho was being mentioned so there's also a little bit of a set-up already. I admit somebody who's just watching the films will hardly remember that, but it's something.

Also, we have Harry confessing his feelings to Hermione, so I'm hoping it will come across that Ginny means so much more to Harry. :)

Willz
June 25th, 2009, 4:20 pm
That was the point I was trying to make in my previous posts. :)
The thing with that is that THIS was the film to develop romance, Hallows has so many things to develop that to focus on Romance beside little awkaward moments between the two seems " difficult "
But what do I know.:)

Yeah I agree, there's more romance than in any other film but unfortunatley it seems like they're focusing on Ron/Lavenders relationship more. A bit stupid really other than showing Hermiones jealous and we see that in previous films.

Montse
June 25th, 2009, 4:48 pm
One thing that stands out is that with Cho, it was an instant crush because he thought she was very pretty. With Ginny there's been so much build up because they've been friends first and then Harry realizes that this girl is more important to him than a simple friend. Everybody knows those relationships are more enduring than an infatuation at first sight, right?

This is a very good point, but is not enough is it?:no:
And the confession of feelings, as long as it is not too cheesy, It will be helpful. I cannot picture Harry stating to Hermione the strong feelings he has without sounding like fondue.
( ONe thing I liked about their relationship was how it was NOT cheesy ) It was sweet but it avoided cheesyness IMO.:)
Like Willz says , they might be planning on developing it further on Hallows. But I already think they had enough to develop without including romance.*sighs*

Its like a tantrum I have ,but if the kiss had been handled differently. It alone might have said so much more. But they made the kiss so Shy and cold it does not show their true feelings , it is supposed to be sweet. I still hate it.:whistle:

20 days more and you guys will tell me how they handle it. In 22 more days I will find out by myself.

stupvy
June 25th, 2009, 4:59 pm

well yes i agree twilight did stink and i think that in harry potter movies if they followed the book better than the movies would be much better

I can`t wait for half blood prince

decarus
June 25th, 2009, 5:25 pm
This is sort of my worry about the Ginny/Harry plot that the audience won't be aware of what it meant to Harry. That is why i sort of want them to show that Ron and Hermione are aware because at least that is something. I am hoping that they keep the birthday kiss in DH. That will help.
Also, we have Harry confessing his feelings to Hermione, so I'm hoping it will come across that Ginny means so much more to Harry. :)
I am not sure that Harry confesses to Hermione as much as she confesses to him. Something about does it make him feel bad to see Ginny with Dean, but i am not sure if he responds. He might hug her. I don't know.
Yeah I agree, there's more romance than in any other film but unfortunatley it seems like they're focusing on Ron/Lavenders relationship more. A bit stupid really other than showing Hermiones jealous and we see that in previous films.
But that is the point, to show Hermione's jealousy. Showing Ron/Lavender is only important as it relates to Ron/Hermione. Really that plot is the Ron/Hermione plot.

DML1991
June 25th, 2009, 6:02 pm
Ok, I dug up one of my comparison posts (it was on the deleted v.15) and I think I understand you now Phroze and I should correct what I said because I prefer the first shot in each, which I presume would be the "darker" ones before the studio stepped in, colors were more rich before.I disagree. Looking at those pics closer, one of the things I love about the bottom ones more is that it's not a YELLOW, kind of like how OOTP was just so BLUE. The colors are more smoothed out, and one of the things that strikes me also is how much more detail is in the bottom. It looks more professionally done, and much more balanced with the colors.

The one that probably has the best turn around is the shot of Ron saying "these girls are gonna kill me Harry", it just looks so much better than and more appealing to the eyes. I also prefer the shot of the Great Hall with the candles put in.

meesha1971
June 25th, 2009, 6:38 pm
This is a very good point, but is not enough is it?:no:
And the confession of feelings, as long as it is not too cheesy, It will be helpful. I cannot picture Harry stating to Hermione the strong feelings he has without sounding like fondue.
( ONe thing I liked about their relationship was how it was NOT cheesy ) It was sweet but it avoided cheesyness IMO.:)
Like Willz says , they might be planning on developing it further on Hallows. But I already think they had enough to develop without including romance.*sighs*

Its like a tantrum I have ,but if the kiss had been handled differently. It alone might have said so much more. But they made the kiss so Shy and cold it does not show their true feelings , it is supposed to be sweet. I still hate it.:whistle:

20 days more and you guys will tell me how they handle it. In 22 more days I will find out by myself.

I know how you feel, Montse. That's what I'm concerned about as well. They might establish that there is some attraction there, but I don't think it's going to be a significant distinction from his crush on Cho. And with Harry apparently drooling over all the other girls and all gung ho to take love potion and use his status as "The Chosen One" to get girls, I worry that it will come across that he's just after girls in general rather than establishing that he loves Ginny.

There is that moment where Hermione asks him if it hurts him to see Ginny with Dean, but I don't think we've heard anything about how he responds to that - or if he resonds at all. The kiss is too similar to the Harry/Cho kiss in general - both being in the RoR, both being awkward - though the Harry/Cho kiss was better because Harry actually responded to it instead of just standing there like a lump and they didn't look absolutely miserable.

We'll see in a few weeks, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

DML1991
June 25th, 2009, 7:15 pm
There is that moment where Hermione asks him if it hurts him to see Ginny with Dean, but I don't think we've heard anything about how he responds to that - or if he resonds at all. The kiss is too similar to the Harry/Cho kiss in general - both being in the RoR, both being awkward - though the Harry/Cho kiss was better because Harry actually responded to it instead of just standing there like a lump and they didn't look absolutely miserable. There are, you know, circumstances that need to be taken into consideration here.

Like Harry just almost killed somebody and was left both completely horrified, and he risked getting into serious trouble, especially with the fact that he had almost cheated his way through Potions that year because of the Prince book. I see Ginny's kiss as being something more of a comforting kiss, rather than a big moment where they both give in to their hormones and lay it on each other. The circumstances vindicate Harry's response.

katana
June 25th, 2009, 7:25 pm
New TV SPOT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9hY_CXM2fw&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.snitchseeker.com%2Fharry-potter-news%2Fnew-half-blood-prince-tv-spot-65260%2F&feature=player_embedded) for Half-Blood Prince! The quality is not very good, and it's a bit hard to hear, it was recorded on a phone or something. But you can hear Harry yell Sectumsempra in this one! I don't know if he has in others, but it's in this one.

Montse
June 25th, 2009, 8:32 pm
i think that in harry potter movies if they followed the book better than the movies would be much better
I agree, somehow the adaptions they come up with make the story loose it´s greatness at some point. I know how you feel, Montse. That's what I'm concerned about as well. They might establish that there is some attraction there, but I don't think it's going to be a significant distinction from his crush on Cho. And with Harry apparently drooling over all the other girls and all gung ho to take love potion and use his status as "The Chosen One" to get girls, I worry that it will come across that he's just after girls in general rather than establishing that he loves Ginny.

Yes, exactly!!
Glad I finally got to make my point :)
What you have so cleverly written is what I dread mostly. It´s good you understood and expressed it so properly.
I obviously have trouble expressing the turmoil of thougths that go thourgh my mind.Like Harry just almost killed somebody and was left both completely horrified, and he risked getting into serious trouble, especially with the fact that he had almost cheated his way through Potions that year because of the Prince book. I see Ginny's kiss as being something more of a comforting kiss, rather than a big moment where they both give in to their hormones and lay it on each other. The circumstances vindicate Harry's response.

I understand your point, and agree Harry cannot be excededingly happy.But then they should have chosen another moment to have them kiss. Yates says he is trying to avoid repetition, to me this a poor repetition of the Cho kiss , only this one like Meesha has already said makes them look miserable. I agree that at least in the Cho kiss Harry showed some emotion.

All we can do is wait and hope somehow it all works on screen. At least complaining about it in here and knowing others share my own concern works as a blissful catharsis.:])

AccioHP
June 25th, 2009, 8:38 pm
New TV SPOT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9hY_CXM2fw&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.snitchseeker.com%2Fharry-potter-news%2Fnew-half-blood-prince-tv-spot-65260%2F&feature=player_embedded) for Half-Blood Prince! The quality is not very good, and it's a bit hard to hear, it was recorded on a phone or something. But you can hear Harry yell Sectumsempra in this one! I don't know if he has in others, but it's in this one.

Thanks! :) That is definitely new. I haven't heard Harry yell Sectumsempra in any of the other ones.

DML1991
June 25th, 2009, 8:40 pm
I understand your point, and agree Harry cannot be excededingly happy.But then they should have chosen another moment to have them kiss. Yates says he is trying to avoid repetition, to me this a poor repetition of the Cho kiss , only this one like Meesha has already said makes them look miserable. I agree that at least in the Cho kiss Harry showed some emotion.

All we can do is wait and hope somehow it all works on screen. At least complaining about it in here and knowing others share my own concern works as a blissful catharsis.:])Considering the change in developing their relationship, I think with everything taken into consideration, that the kiss works right where it is. I understand not being crazy about it, really, I sympathize with you Harry/Ginny fans, but I personally love it as a bittersweet moment, and I think the score also should compliment it. I think Yates and Kloves are building us up to one big kiss that should have you fans squeeling in joy. ;)

"Sectumsempra!!!!!" :wow:

katana
June 25th, 2009, 8:50 pm
I think Yates and Kloves are building us up to one big kiss that should have you fans squeeling in joy. ;)

Possibly the big kiss in DH before Harry goes off Horcrux hunting? I like that idea.

Phrozenone
June 25th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Considering the change in developing their relationship, I think with everything taken into consideration, that the kiss works right where it is. I understand not being crazy about it, really, I sympathize with you Harry/Ginny fans, but I personally love it as a bittersweet moment, and I think the score also should compliment it. I think Yates and Kloves are building us up to one big kiss that should have you fans squeeling in joy. ;)

:tu::tu::tu::tu:

I'm telling you it'll be better the way they're doing it. I've done 5 scripts for HBP (sad I know...:lol:) and each time the Harry/Ginny relationship was rushed. They don't get together until the end and the only way you can show their few weeks of togetherness is a montage. Because about time they get together all the other wheels in the film that were developed earlier start going into motion. You have Sectumsempra...The Cave..etc etc. Then they break up. The audience would think..'Hey what was the point of that?'

I think showing that they're interested in each other...kissing..Ginny realizing that she can't be with Harry right now..and slowly through the next 2 films you see that it's more than just a fling. They'll have a few scenes together in DH1 I'm sure and they can add more dialogue of Harry mentioning her and thinking about her.

It seems that they're trying to give her more in the end by hiding the book aswell. If they're smart they'll have Ginny be the link to Harry finding the diadam since she saw where it was. The big kiss in the book will be an even bigger kiss at the end of DH. Instead of being kissed in front of a room full of Gryffindors it will be in front of the entire wizarding community :lol:

They didn't know Ginny was going to end up being Harry's future wife or they would've played it up more. I think Yates, even with Order, decided to go the more subtle right and make it seem real and natural instead of trying to cram it all in one film so to me that's :tu::tu:

Noldus
June 25th, 2009, 9:01 pm
Didn´t the test-viewers say Ginny seeing the diadem was cut. Hope that´s not the case!

lcbaseball22
June 25th, 2009, 9:04 pm
I think Yates and Kloves are building us up to one big kiss that should have you fans squeeling in joy. ;)

You mean like the B-day kiss that many fans seem to believe might have led to sex if Ron hadn't interrupted? :lol:

It's possible, but at this stage I kinda think they ruined that kiss too. I just don't see how it would work, as they never get together and break up in this film like they did in the book. And she'll have already "come on to him" once so doesn't that just make Harry look increasingly lame in a society where guys are expected to make the moves. I guess it is refreshing to see it the other way around though...maybe it'll influence more eqaulity in the "dating game" if girls see Ginny making the moves. We all know media influence.

As for that new TV spot, perhaps it's just me but there is not enough anger and force behind Harry saying Sectumsempra, IMO :shrug:

Phrozenone
June 25th, 2009, 9:05 pm
Didn´t the test-viewers say Ginny seeing the diadem was cut. Hope that´s not the case!

I don't remember them mentioning it but I was just saying that it'll be a good idea if they have her see it. Even if they don't show it in HBP (since Harry doesn't see her hide the book anyways I think) he can still mention it at the end. He can kinda mention to Ginny that he's looking for a diadem and she will say she saw one in the RoR when she hid the Potions book last year. She'll take him there and they'll find Draco and company and viola. You have a great Harry/Ginny action scene during the battle of Hogwarts.

DML1991
June 25th, 2009, 9:06 pm
No, I'm thinking a big kiss scene after the battle of hogwarts or during it. Might be a bit melodramatic, but hey, it's fitting.

As for that new TV spot, perhaps it's just me but there is not enough anger and force behind Harry saying Sectumsempra, IMO :shrug:It sounds like I expected it to when reading the book. I don't think it should be as full of anger as it should be him using a defensive spell in a duel with someone he hates. I'm not particularly expecting him to be full of anger and emotion like his duel with Snape. ;)

Phrozenone
June 25th, 2009, 9:11 pm
so doesn't that just make Harry look increasingly lame in a society where guys are expected to make the moves.

Are we living in the same century? :lol: I don't know about how it is where you live but here girls make the first move ALL THE TIME. The whole 'guy making the first move' bit died out in the 80's :lol::p

Some girls are go getters and some guys are really reserved and girls nowadays (atleast where I'm from) are definatly more outspoken and go for the one's the want. I think it's cool that Harry doesn't make the first move. Show's the Ginny, the very girl who ran away when he spoke to her in CoS, has matured and took a chance. If anything the way they're doing it is character building moreso for Ginny than Harry and I think Ginny in the films need wayyy more devlopment than Harry.

FleurDeLaPointe
June 25th, 2009, 9:15 pm
I know some people could not care less. I am just staing my opinion and my worries.
And I know I am not the only one, many girls like me love the dark and magical side of the story, but we also love the romantic side.
Even Jk said " What is life without a little love ?" :)
I don't think you have to worry about that::relax:
Quint Interview with David Yates on OoTP years back from AICN.com
Quint: Another thing that I really loved about the movie, especially now that you’re coming back for the Sixth, that you laid so much bridgework. Just little things, like Ginny’s looks to Harry and Ron and Hermione’s relationship starting to show the first signs of growing to something more than friends… Was that intentional on your part to make sure all that was included?

David Yates: Yeah, no. Some of them weren’t really scripted. You’re on the floor and you suddenly go, “Oh Yeah! As they’re all walking out, wouldn’t it be really really cool if…” you know that Ginny moment? I was just there and I thought, “Wouldn’t it be great?” You always want to keep that tension alive.

Actually, it seems that with a series of films one of the things that the audience kind of likes is setting up something that you’re going to resolve later on. If you’re going to make a series of films, it seems to me that that, therefore, gives you a liberty to do that.

So, we started to do a little bit of it. It’s more for the fans because I think if the audience don’t really know the films or the books, maybe they’ll not get that moment, but the fans certainly won’t.
It takes only one film to make it happen, not an entire slew of them for a buildup. The idea of Ginny being a more correct fit than the glances and looks from random ladies in waiting in libraries and cafes is pretty easy to show by comparison. The added bonus is because there was far less literal adaptation/details of Cho being on a Quidditch team in which was one of the first factors of Harry's crush on her, it was painfully obvious that Cho was just a crush/infatuation with someone pretty. Not someone who could be considered an equal to Harry since Ginny Mary-Sued it a bit in OoTP with DA classes and the Ministry battle but no doubt the Quidditch elements in HBP.

The difference in situations will be seen since there is no lack of foreshadowing it.

JustAnIllusion
June 25th, 2009, 9:15 pm
You mean like the B-day kiss that many fans seem to believe might have led to sex if Ron hadn't interrupted? :lol:

Err... I doubt it.

It's possible, but at this stage I kinda think they ruined that kiss too. I just don't see how it would work, as they never get together and break up in this film like they did in the book. And she'll have already "come on to him" once so doesn't that just make Harry look increasingly lame in a society where guys are expected to make the moves.

I don't understand why girls can't make the movies; why does that make a guy lame? It's the same in HBP; Ginny kissing Harry as an almost comforting thing seems like a good choice, IMHO.

As for that new TV spot, perhaps it's just me but there is not enough anger and force behind Harry saying Sectumsempra, IMO :shrug:

The quality is too poor to tell, IMHO.

No, I'm thinking a big kiss scene after the battle of hogwarts or during it. Might be a bit melodramatic, but hey, it's fitting.

It sounds like I expected it to when reading the book. I don't think it should be as full of anger as it should be him using a defensive spell in a duel with someone he hates. I'm not particularly expecting him to be full of anger and emotion like his duel with Snape. ;)

:tu: :agree:

lcbaseball22
June 25th, 2009, 9:44 pm
Are we living in the same century? I don't know about how it is where you live but here girls make the first move ALL THE TIME. The whole 'guy making the first move' bit died out in the 80's

Some girls are go getters and some guys are really reserved and girls nowadays (atleast where I'm from) are definatly more outspoken and go for the one's the want. I think it's cool that Harry doesn't make the first move. Show's the Ginny, the very girl who ran away when he spoke to her in CoS, has matured and took a chance. If anything the way they're doing it is character building moreso for Ginny than Harry and I think Ginny in the films need wayyy more devlopment than Harry.

I dunno, maybe the girls in the Northwest are just more reserved. I keep waiting for something like that to happen but haven't experienced it yet. I don't have the guts or the self confidence to approach girls right now, so I'm left single. :( I still think girls expect guys to. :shrug:

Yeah, it is fitting for her personality I think. I'd agree with you there. I saw Ginny as more of a feisty and sexual one as she matured.

I don't understand why girls can't make the moves; why does that make a guy lame? It's the same in HBP; Ginny kissing Harry as an almost comforting thing seems like a good choice, IMHO

I never said you couldn't. In fact, I'd love it if that were the case. It'd take a lot of the pressure off of us guys. :tu:

I was simply referring to what seems to be the social standards :relax:

And yes, I realize it's the same in HBP. Partly what I don't like about it cause in the book it was Harry who just threw his inhibitions to the wind and went for it. This is like sooo different now. Public >> Private, Harry initiating >> Ginny initiating, etc. Way better in the book.

katana
June 25th, 2009, 9:46 pm
It sounds like I expected it to when reading the book. I don't think it should be as full of anger as it should be him using a defensive spell in a duel with someone he hates. I'm not particularly expecting him to be full of anger and emotion like his duel with Snape. ;)
:agree: I agree.
I like the way he said it. Seems just right to me.

Sesquipedalian
June 25th, 2009, 10:13 pm
I have no issue with Dan's delivery of the "Sectumsempra" line. From what we've heard, the conflict with Malfoy in the toilet is more physical in the film than it was in the book, where it was basically them throwing spells at one another. I can imagine Harry uttering the spell as he does in the TV spot, somewhat hastily, as though Malfoy were charging at him, about to strike him, and he only had a moment to perform the spell before he did so.

Montse
June 25th, 2009, 10:13 pm
It's possible, but at this stage I kinda think they ruined that kiss too
I agree, unless they add new scenes or create new situations that imply a sort of relationship I dont find a way to get to that kiss without it feeling out of context. I'm telling you it'll be better the way they're doing it. I've done 5 scripts for HBP (sad I know...) and each time the Harry/Ginny relationship was rushed. They don't get together until the end and the only way you can show their few weeks of togetherness is a montage. Because about time they get together all the other wheels in the film that were developed earlier start going into motion. You have Sectumsempra...The Cave..etc etc. Then they break up. The audience would think..'Hey what was the point of that?'

I think showing that they're interested in each other...kissing..Ginny realizing that she can't be with Harry right now..and slowly through the next 2 films you see that it's more than just a fling. They'll have a few scenes together in DH1 I'm sure and they can add more dialogue of Harry mentioning her and thinking about her.

It seems that they're trying to give her more in the end by hiding the book aswell. If they're smart they'll have Ginny be the link to Harry finding the diadam since she saw where it was. The big kiss in the book will be an even bigger kiss at the end of DH. Instead of being kissed in front of a room full of Gryffindors it will be in front of the entire wizarding community

They didn't know Ginny was going to end up being Harry's future wife or they would've played it up more. I think Yates, even with Order, decided to go the more subtle right and make it seem real and natural instead of trying to cram it all in one film so to me that's
You seem quite positive about it.
I certainly hope they come up with something nice that makes up for it. I have read some of your scripts and I have long said YOU should be writting the adaptions . I like your ideas far better than what they come up with.Anyway , unfourtunately it is not the case.Lets just hope they are building up for something that makes sense in Hallows and allows the story to flow without focusing too much on stuff they needn´t to be developing for the next films.

I dont want to be pesimistic , but I dont want to keep my hopes high regarding this issue.I don't know about how it is where you live but here girls make the first move ALL THE TIME. The whole 'guy making the first move' bit died out in the 80's
This is a cultural thing , In my country, 60% of the thing is still started by the boy. And the other 40% are considered easy girls.
Due to this , I liked it better when it was Harry who made the move on Ginny and not viceversa.I think Yates and Kloves are building us up to one big kiss that should have you fans squeeling in joy.

I hope this becomes true , I would like that. :)

About Sectumsemptra.

The quality is very poor. I barely heard it. But I think it sounds fine. After all, he was just defending himself. He had no idea what the spell did. So it is coherent to how he sounds.Just saying a spell that he knew was for enemies and might help him out. I dont think he should sound angry but defensive. If that makes any sense:)

katana
June 25th, 2009, 10:57 pm
I hope there will be a better quality of that tv spot around soon. I was just happy to even hear him say 'Sectumsempra' at all :lol:

I don't know what to think of the H/G kiss. I'll have to wait for the movie to decide.

lcbaseball22
June 26th, 2009, 12:23 am
This is a cultural thing , In my country, 60% of the thing is still started by the boy. And the other 40% are considered easy girls.
Due to this , I liked it better when it was Harry who made the move on Ginny and not viceversa.

Wow, actually that's higher than it is here. According to all the stats I've seen girls only make the first move 30% of the time here in the US.

I dunno, like I said this might be good. Perhaps it'll help break down social standards. Girls will see it's acceptable to go after guys. I've been told they often don't because as you said Montse, then they are considered "easy" or "slutty" Would be nice if these perceptions changed. :tu:

Sacred_Memories
June 26th, 2009, 12:31 am
Could someone be a sweet Butterbeer and give me the link to the new TV spot?

Also, my friend could be wrong, but he said he saw a TV spot with Bellatrix screaming at Malfoy about the Vow.

9th_Wonder
June 26th, 2009, 12:45 am
The quality of the new TV spot was poor but at least we hear Sectumsempra.
I got my tickets today. Opening day midnight viewing! woot

Montse
June 26th, 2009, 2:12 am
I've been told they often don't because as you said Montse, then they are considered "easy" or "slutty" Would be nice if these perceptions changed.
They are changing , that is for sure , and with raw models like this one, the numbers are going to change . That is certain.

Old ladies like me will have to get used to this new style.:lol:Which will not be easy, do notice how much I hate the fact that it is Ginny who kisses Harry and not Harry kissing Ginny.

JustAnIllusion
June 26th, 2009, 3:37 am
And yes, I realize it's the same in HBP. Partly what I don't like about it cause in the book it was Harry who just threw his inhibitions to the wind and went for it. This is like sooo different now. Public >> Private, Harry initiating >> Ginny initiating, etc. Way better in the book.

In your opinion, but it seems more personable this way. I think it'll do more for the development of the relationship; a public kiss would make more sense in DH, at least for me.

boushh
June 26th, 2009, 4:13 am
I saw the new TV spot twice today... once on TBS and once on Fox. It's on my DVR, but I don't know if I can get it off of there aside from recording it on my camera like the one on youtube.

The only new shots I noticed was Harry's Sectumsempra and the last shot of the outside of WWW. Short but still cool to see. :)

meesha1971
June 26th, 2009, 4:42 am
I agree, somehow the adaptions they come up with make the story loose it´s greatness at some point.

Yes, exactly!!
Glad I finally got to make my point :)
What you have so cleverly written is what I dread mostly. It´s good you understood and expressed it so properly.
I obviously have trouble expressing the turmoil of thougths that go thourgh my mind.

All we can do is wait and hope somehow it all works on screen. At least complaining about it in here and knowing others share my own concern works as a blissful catharsis.:])

That's it exactly. The timing of it is a horrible choice - right after Sectumsempra? :huh: What were they thinking with that? It makes so much more sense to have that occur after some time has passed and Harry is getting over the shock of what he did, IMO. The location is repetitive - as is the style of the kiss - so there's very little to distinguish that from the Harry/Cho kiss in OOTP. And what does distinguish it is that it comes off as a depressing, melancholy moment where Harry rejects Ginny rather than a blissfully happy moment for both of them.

And when you add in the implication that Harry is drooling over all those other girls, excited at the prospect of being given love potion, and thinking he can use his status as "The Chosen One" to get girls, I worry that it will come across that Harry is disappointed that it's Ginny kissing him rather than Romilda Vane slipping him love potion.

If they actually manage to get that across in HBP, I will be thrilled. But it doesn't appear that they have with what we've seen so far because it appears that Ginny is just one of a throng of girls and Harry rejects her.

I do hope I'm wrong about that, but I'm not hopeful based on what we've seen.

It seems that they're trying to give her more in the end by hiding the book aswell. If they're smart they'll have Ginny be the link to Harry finding the diadam since she saw where it was. The big kiss in the book will be an even bigger kiss at the end of DH. Instead of being kissed in front of a room full of Gryffindors it will be in front of the entire wizarding community :lol:

I don't really like that idea to be honest. For me, that would feel very rushed and unbelievable - particularly if it comes across that he rejected her in HBP. I don't believe they can use DH to make up for that mistake because Ginny and Harry aren't going to be around each other for the bulk of both movies. A brief time at the beginning of part 1 and a brief time at the end of part 2. I don't see them developing a believable scenario from that. HBP was the best time to establish that they both had feelings for each other and couldn't be together. That beautifully set up Harry's longing for Ginny and missing her while they were separated throughout DH.

If they've screwed it up as badly as it appears, then they're going to have to find some way to fix that at the beginning of DH to establish that Harry does have feelings for Ginny. Otherwise, that's just going to fall flat, IMO.

They didn't know Ginny was going to end up being Harry's future wife or they would've played it up more. I think Yates, even with Order, decided to go the more subtle right and make it seem real and natural instead of trying to cram it all in one film so to me that's :tu::tu:

I think OOTP was too subtle - most people didn't even pick up on those things. For that matter, people who hadn't read the books didn't even know who Ginny was because her character was essentially ignored in the previous films. HBP is coming across that Harry will reject Ginny so far. So it does appear that they're going to try to cram it all into DH, IMO.

But I do agree that part of the problem was that they didn't realize Harry was going to end up marrying Ginny. Though I'm not entirely sure how they missed that since Kloves was apparently discussing the future relationships with Jo back when they were doing COS. :hmm:

I agree, unless they add new scenes or create new situations that imply a sort of relationship I dont find a way to get to that kiss without it feeling out of context. You seem quite positive about it.
I certainly hope they come up with something nice that makes up for it. I have read some of your scripts and I have long said YOU should be writting the adaptions . I like your ideas far better than what they come up with.Anyway , unfourtunately it is not the case.Lets just hope they are building up for something that makes sense in Hallows and allows the story to flow without focusing too much on stuff they needn´t to be developing for the next films.

I dont want to be pesimistic , but I dont want to keep my hopes high regarding this issue.

Agreed.

Due to this , I liked it better when it was Harry who made the move on Ginny and not viceversa.

What I liked about the kiss as it was presented in the book was that it was mutual. Ginny threw herself into Harry's arms and he kissed her - they both brought it about and it was a blissfully happy moment for both of them.

About Sectumsemptra.

The quality is very poor. I barely heard it. But I think it sounds fine. After all, he was just defending himself. He had no idea what the spell did. So it is coherent to how he sounds.Just saying a spell that he knew was for enemies and might help him out. I dont think he should sound angry but defensive. If that makes any sense:)

I agree. If they stay consistent, Malfoy was attempting to use Crucio on Harry and he knows what that spell does so I would expect him to sound more defensive and a bit desperate to use something that will stop Malfoy from using Crucio.

ally_xx
June 26th, 2009, 4:49 am
Change of subject - 19 days to go!!!!!!!!

Hysteria
June 26th, 2009, 6:57 am
meesha1971
I don't really like that idea to be honest. For me, that would feel very rushed and unbelievable - particularly if it comes across that he rejected her in HBP. I don't believe they can use DH to make up for that mistake because Ginny and Harry aren't going to be around each other for the bulk of both movies. A brief time at the beginning of part 1 and a brief time at the end of part 2. I don't see them developing a believable scenario from that. HBP was the best time to establish that they both had feelings for each other and couldn't be together. That beautifully set up Harry's longing for Ginny and missing her while they were separated throughout DH.
I agree. It's sounding like another "no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid" kind of moment where everyone claps :grumble: They wont have time to make up for lost ground in DH with everything that's going on.

The location is repetitive - as is the style of the kiss - so there's very little to distinguish that from the Harry/Cho kiss in OOTP. And what does distinguish it is that it comes off as a depressing, melancholy moment where Harry rejects Ginny rather than a blissfully happy moment for both of them.
I don't understand that either. Seems they've totally missed the point of the kiss from the book and using it to serve... well no purpose at all.

lcbaseball22
June 26th, 2009, 7:16 am
The location is repetitive - as is the style of the kiss - so there's very little to distinguish that from the Harry/Cho kiss in OOTP. And what does distinguish it is that it comes off as a depressing, melancholy moment where Harry rejects Ginny rather than a blissfully happy moment for both of them.

Agreed, I think it's gonna seem quite "deja vu". Once again, we have a kiss in the RoR that's no more than just the lips touching, no embrace or anything. Only differences are girl initiates it this time, Harry has his eyes closed, and he seems oblivious to what's happening.

And I just don't see how he can be lusting over her the entire film and then as you said, essentially "reject" her advances, what the hell?! :rolleyes:

JustAnIllusion
June 26th, 2009, 7:52 am
Agreed, I think it's gonna seem quite "deja vu". Once again, we have a kiss in the RoR that's no more than just the lips touching, no embrace or anything. Only differences are girl initiates it this time, Harry has his eyes closed, and he seems oblivious to what's happening.

And I just don't see how he can be lusting over her the entire film and then as you said, essentially "reject" her advances, what the hell?! :rolleyes:

Well, we don't know he essentially rejects her advances. I was pretty sure we heard that she left before Harry could open his eyes, or realize what was going on. That isn't really rejection. As for what happens later... just because they're not in a relationship doesn't mean it won't be obvious that they're meant for each other, or at least care about each other especially.

Believe me, I know from experience :relax:.

lcbaseball22
June 26th, 2009, 8:16 am
Well, we don't know he essentially rejects her advances. I was pretty sure we heard that she left before Harry could open his eyes, or realize what was going on. That isn't really rejection. As for what happens later... just because they're not in a relationship doesn't mean it won't be obvious that they're meant for each other, or at least care about each other especially.

Believe me, I know from experience :relax:.

So, what she kisses him for like a millisecond and then is gone in a flash? I mean come on, can he not feel her lips touch his, smell her hair, hear her breathing, etc? I just don't find that believable. At the very least you'd think he'd want to chase her down, that's ridiculous, IMO...

I've never kissed before so I really don't know a whole lot about this in terms of the feelings and senses and I don't have the guts to make an advance. But if a chick that I found attractive came onto me like that, I certainly would not act as Harry does and let her walk away. :err:

JustAnIllusion
June 26th, 2009, 8:21 am
So, what she kisses him for like a millisecond and then is gone in a flash? I mean come on, can he not feel her lips touch his, smell her hair, hear her breathing, etc? I just don't find that believable. At the very least you'd think he'd want to chase her down, that's ridiculous, IMO...

I've never kissed before so I really don't know a whole lot about this in terms of the feelings and senses and I don't have the guts to make an advance. But if a chick that I found attractive came onto me like that, I certainly would not act as Harry does and let her walk away. :err:

So can you explain that? :whistle:

Well, Harry is in a panic because he just almost killed someone; he's trying to hide a book that could possibly get him expelled. He is on edge, completely on a one track in his mind: I have to hide this book.

Ginny helps him, and then she tells him she'll hide it for him... he needs to close his eyes, et cetera. Anyway, considering Harry's current level of mind numbing fear, I wouldn't be surprised if he was so surprised that he thought he was dreaming. Then he opens his eyes and sees her walk away, but he's paralyzed with shock because he didn't think she felt the same.

Moreover, we don't know what happens after the kiss. We don't know if Harry tries to talk to her again. We don't know if looks, glances, touches, or any other signs of affection come after the kiss. Thus, I do not think we should jump to conclusions about this. Harry will not be a playa, I'm sure :lol:

silver ink pot
June 26th, 2009, 9:12 am
I saw the new TV spot twice today... once on TBS and once on Fox. It's on my DVR, but I don't know if I can get it off of there aside from recording it on my camera like the one on youtube.

The only new shots I noticed was Harry's Sectumsempra and the last shot of the outside of WWW. Short but still cool to see. :)
Here's a German version:

z4IDM7QHcAE

lcbaseball22
June 26th, 2009, 9:13 am
Well, Harry is in a panic because he just almost killed someone; he's trying to hide a book that could possibly get him expelled. He is on edge, completely on a one track in his mind: I have to hide this book.

Ginny helps him, and then she tells him she'll hide it for him... he needs to close his eyes, et cetera. Anyway, considering Harry's current level of mind numbing fear, I wouldn't be surprised if he was so surprised that he thought he was dreaming. Then he opens his eyes and sees her walk away, but he's paralyzed with shock because he didn't think she felt the same.

Moreover, we don't know what happens after the kiss. We don't know if Harry tries to talk to her again. We don't know if looks, glances, touches, or any other signs of affection come after the kiss. Thus, I do not think we should jump to conclusions about this. Harry will not be a playa, I'm sure :lol:

Yes, I suppose he could be a bit "shell shocked" as they would call it when referring to war/battle...and that could take him a bit out of the moment. But then doesn't that beg the question (as meesha mentioned) why the filmmakers chose such a TERRIBLE time for this kiss. I mean afterall they not only altered the location and the style of the kiss...but also it's positioning in the time line. The "sunlit days kiss" in the book didn't occur until quite a few days later, right? So WHY did they make this decision to place what is in my opinion a kiss devoid of emotion directly after such a TENSE scene. My only guess is that (as I believe you said earlier) Ginny is attempting to comfort him.

I'm going to compare this to the scene in the new Star Trek film where Uhura comforts Spock after he totally loses it. That scene was sooo much more sensual than what we are hearing about this H/G kiss, in my opinion. Harry and Ginny are alone, afterall. Why couldn’t they make it more like the Star Trek scene and have her embrace him, kiss him softly, etc. Now something like THAT I would approve of :tu:

THIS is how a "comforting" scene should look, IMO...followed with the kiss, of course ;)

http://mljblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/untitled.jpg

Kanksha
June 26th, 2009, 10:04 am
I know we've got plenty of reasons to worry about the H/G relationship but I'm still optimistic that they've got something in store we don't know about. :)

Though actually I know what you mean better than I'm letting on Montse, I doubt I would stay as optimistic if they changed the Ron/Hermione kiss in DH. I would be getting my battle-axe ready in fact. :evil:

As for Sectumsempra, I can't say because I haven't watched the clip. :cool:
But I agree that it should be understated and defensive, rather than angry. All he was trying to do after all, was just satisfy his curiousity. He didn't expect to be involved in a dangerous bloody battle and he was just trying out an unknown spell.

lilyrose
June 26th, 2009, 10:16 am
I saw the first ad for HBP in my newspaper today and I'm so glad that the release is very near now! I don't think I've been this excited about a film in a long time. I took the newspaper with the ad and discussed HBP with just about anyone who would listen to me in College :yuhup:

Good to see the new shot with Sectumsempra though, regardless of the quality and the fact that there aren't too many new scenes.

Moriath
June 26th, 2009, 11:02 am
Here's a German version:

z4IDM7QHcAE

Das hat Spaß gemacht. :rotfl: I don't know, I can't bear German dubbing any longer. It just sounds so wrong.

lcbaseball22
June 26th, 2009, 11:09 am
Das hat Spaß gemacht. :rotfl: I don't know, I can't bear German dubbing any longer. It just sounds so wrong.

Can you translate, if there are any new lines of dialogue? :)

Hmm, well I'm not sure I'm all that crazy about the exterior design of WWW, but it is UNIQUE, that's for sure!

I thought this was pretty neat though, the guy lifts off the hat and there's a wabbit underneath. How fitting for a Joke/Magic shop :lol:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/untitled-5.jpg?t=1246010696

decarus
June 26th, 2009, 1:10 pm
As for Sectumsempra, I can't say because I haven't watched the clip. :cool:
But I agree that it should be understated and defensive, rather than angry. All he was trying to do after all, was just satisfy his curiousity. He didn't expect to be involved in a dangerous bloody battle and he was just trying out an unknown spell.

There isn't any new footage in the sectumsempra tv spot besides the end where they show the outside of the WWW shop. They don't actually show Harry saying sectumsempra. You can just hear him saying it in the background while they show old footage.

meesha1971
June 26th, 2009, 1:30 pm

Well, that would come back to them making a very bad decision in regards to the timing of the kiss. In the book, the kiss happens several days later - on the day of the Quidditch match. That just makes more sense, IMO. Having Ginny try to kiss him right after Sectumsempra looks bad on her for choosing such an inappropriate moment, IMO. It's terrible timing and that is a factor towards why it looks like such a depressing moment rather than the moment of happiness that it should be.

Actually, we did hear from the test screening reviews that Harry doesn't go after her or try to talk to her or anything. From what we've heard, he basically just stands there like a lump with his eyes closed. Then he goes back and talks to Ron about hiding the book.

We also know that they don't get together and, in the end, Ginny is basically rejected again because, instead of Harry telling her that he wants to be with her but can't, he ignores her and she overhears him planning to leave and walks away miserable instead.

So, yeah, I'm not seeing much hope for this actually working. I will be absolutely thrilled if I'm wrong, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Can you translate, if there are any new lines of dialogue? :)

Hmm, well I'm not sure I'm all that crazy about the exterior design of WWW, but it is UNIQUE, that's for sure!

I thought this was pretty neat though, the guy lifts off the hat and there's a wabbit underneath. How fitting for a Joke/Magic shop :lol:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/untitled-5.jpg?t=1246010696

I love that! That is so perfect for the joke shop. :rotfl:

Luminescence
June 26th, 2009, 1:56 pm
I was getting all depressed because I'll be out of the country in July, and there's no way I'm going to go watch some Russian guy dubbing Alan Rickman, but...I'm not as excited for it after reading this page. More apprehensive, really. It's going to be amazing anyway, I don't doubt that, but I thought JKR's timing of the kiss was so much better, so much happier.

Willz
June 26th, 2009, 4:53 pm
I'm so excited!! Just saw my first TV spot! It's the one with quite a bit of quidditch in it!

boushh
June 26th, 2009, 5:19 pm
Here's a German version:

z4IDM7QHcAE

Thanks. :) What good about this version is that you can see the WWW shop better. In the US version there is way more text covering it.

As for Sectumsempra, it's possible that the shot they show of Harry is that moment, but it's very quick so it's hard to tell. I think he says it just fine. He's saying it really fast, like he's reacting very quickly in order to cast a spell before Malfoy does.

Sesquipedalian
June 26th, 2009, 5:20 pm

I believed it to be a nice touch, as well; what an excellent design for the joke-shop!

Also, "wabbit":rotfl:. Hilarious touch to your post, lcbaseball22.

mjhaners
June 26th, 2009, 5:29 pm
a german site just released the first five minutes of hbp...I don't know if I should check it out....I'm trying to restrain myself from seeing more clips...I gotta have self-discipline

Sacred_Memories
June 26th, 2009, 5:47 pm
a german site just released the first five minutes of hbp...I don't know if I should check it out....I'm trying to restrain myself from seeing more clips...I gotta have self-discipline

Seriously? Is it official?

ThaiHPFan
June 26th, 2009, 6:18 pm
Seriously? Is it official?

It is. I don't really like it though. The score seems really bland (although that may be because of the clip's bad sound quality; most background sounds cannot be heard at all), and the attack is not any longer than when it was shown in the trailer.

Then again, I hope there will be an "extended" version like the orphanage scene.

During the waitress scene, I've noticed that when everything's not forced to be choppy, there's something about Yates direction style and those wide shots that seems to make the scene really...calm and slow. Not that it's a bad thing (I've watched many movies with similar arty style), but it's not really fitting for a blockbuster type of movies. :lol: I wonder if that would make things drag for general audiences who would prefer more fast-paced stuff.

UPDATE: the clip is now erased from Youtube.

Another note: It seems the Opening score we heard from the UK website really covers almost the whole attack sequence. It's that short, sadly :( (in case that is REALLY the final version). I do like how the clouds behind HP logo turn into reflections on the building windows though. Very nice transition :)

gertiekeddle
June 26th, 2009, 6:36 pm
As for Sectumsempra, it's possible that the shot they show of Harry is that moment, but it's very quick so it's hard to tell. Watching the German trailer I'm convinced it is. He says it fast but quite clear in that version (or at least for German speakers, pronounciation is slightly different than in English). About 0:21 seconds in the spot you linked.

Hagrid442
June 26th, 2009, 6:58 pm
Ja. It's "Sectumsempra" all right. I wonder how they'll show the results of that curse though? He nearly killed Draco and it was a bloody sight.

Also. Who else is re-reading the books? :)

Sesquipedalian
June 26th, 2009, 7:19 pm

I watched about the first five seconds on YouTube (nothing more than the logo and the first shot), but decided against it. For one, the video appeared to be of quite poor quality, and, being dubbed in German, would look much better on a proper movie screen; and secondly, we've been waiting for nearly a year for this film, and I would definitely rather experience the epic opening-day viewing than a viewing on a small YouTube video screen.

However, based upon information from users on the Internet Movie Database who indeed watched the video, they said (note there will be slight SPOILERS):

1. The infamous style of editing that Mark Day utilised in Order of the Phoenix has returned; apparently, the Death Eater attacks on the Millennium Bridge and Diagon Alley are quite brief, in terms of speed, as is the scene involving the waitress, and by the time of the video's conclusion, Dumbledore is already whisking Harry away to Slughorn's house.

2. One of the IMDB-users stated that we do not see the people on the bridge actually fall into the water; they state that we see hundreds of people on the bridge in one shot, and in the next, four. It is unknown if this is to tone the film down or it is merely a result of Day's editing. However, the same user later stated that they could see people in the water, so I'm confused as to what truly occurs:hmm:.

3. One user stated that he thought that the waitress was too old to be a romantic interest for Dan, and that he receives a date with her in about two seconds (which, according to he or she, isn't realistic).

Based upon their testimony, I do not believe that it sounds terribly poor; I never expected the Death Eater attacks to last too long, and have very little issue with Mark Day's editing. The release of this clip has no effect on my anticipation for the film's release whatsoever.

ThaiHPFan
June 26th, 2009, 7:31 pm
Thinking about it again. I'm much more sure that this is not the finalized version. I skipped most of the waitress part, but the Harry/DD part has some REALLY weird editings (in one shot, Harry & DD are looking at the railway - in the next, they are facing a billboard - 2 seconds later, they are looking at the railway again). So I'll conclude that either the editing work is unbelievably bad, or the clip is shortened from the cinema version.

And I don't think Mark Day's editing should be entirely blamed for the short attack sequence. The length of that scene should be mostly determined by Yates and Kloves. Day may make things shorter, but I don't think he'll cut a long scene into a 1-minute version.:lol:

aussiehottiemjm
June 26th, 2009, 7:36 pm
Just saw the finalized version. (Now that there is less than a month to go, expect many screenings.)

In response to the H/G kiss: Although I don't like the kiss' location as much as in the book, I think that-for the movie-it works. Its theme is really trusting those you love, and in this situation where Harry is filled with guilt over what he's done with sectumsempra, Ginny acts as a pillar. She represents what Harry truly needs in order to overcome the challenges he's about to face: trust in the love between the subject and that which he cares about. Ginny literally takes him by the hand and guides him through the room of requirement and hides the book for him so that he isn't tempted. I know from our descriptions it can sound offbeat, but try to trust me (or at the very least keep an open mind going into) about the scene because it just works for the movie IMO.

Phrozenone
June 26th, 2009, 7:39 pm
Just saw the finalized version. (Now that there is less than a month to go, expect many screenings.)

In response to the H/G kiss: Although I don't like the kiss' location as much as in the book, I think that-for the movie-it works. Its theme is really trusting those you love, and in this situation where Harry is filled with guilt over what he's done with sectumsempra, Ginny acts as a pillar. She represents what Harry truly needs in order to overcome the challenges he's about to face: trust in the love between the subject and that which he cares about. Ginny literally takes him by the hand and guides him through the room of requirement and hides the book for him so that he isn't tempted. I know from our descriptions it can sound offbeat, but try to trust me (or at the very least keep an open mind going into) about the scene because it just works for the movie IMO.

So you saw the film? What did you think of it overall?

Martok
June 26th, 2009, 7:43 pm
Well, I watched the first 5 minutes of the film now. I typed this very fast, so forgive me if I made errors. This is my summary:

The film opens with the title, which desolves into the clouds out of which comes a disturbance. People inside an office buiding notice it. As it turns out, the disturbance are a couple of death eaters, including Fenrir Greyback. After a few sweeping shots of London, the death eater's find their way into Diagon Alley. They head dirictly to Ollivanders, which they destroy and capture the shop owner. This follows the destruction of the Millenium Bridge, pretty much like in the trailers. Next we are in a café at a subway station where Harry reads the Daily Prophet. The article is about Lucius Malfoy's trial. Harry reads aloud for the audience that Narcissa and Draco left the courtroom in protest after they sentenced Lucius to be imprisoned in Azkaban. The waitress says that she sometimes thinks the picture in the Daily Prophet were moving. She asks him who Harry Potter, the Chosen One is. Harry replies that he's some idiot. The waitress gives him a smile and turns around. Harry says that he wants to ask her something, but she interrupts him, saying that her shifts ends at 11 o'clock, after he could tell her more about Harry Potter, the idiot. Harry checks his breath and then swallows something (probably mint drops, which he has in his pocket). However at this point, Dumbledore appears out of nowhere on the platform of the subway station. Harry joins him. When Dumbledore tell Harry to take his arm, Harry hestitates for a moment as he spots the waitress leaving the café, looking at him. Finally he decides that going on an adventure with Dumbledore is better than having a date with that waitress. The apparate to Budleigh Baberton near a war memorial. The head to Slughorn's house, which has a broken front door. Dumbledore says "Wands out." This is when the clip ends.

boushh
June 26th, 2009, 7:49 pm
^^ That sounds pretty OK to me. :)

About Mark Day... I'll just say it again. He does not work 100% independently. If Yates and Heyman were not OK with him or what he was doing then he would not be working on this film, nor would the editing be the way that it is (or was in OotP since we haven't seen enough of HBP yet to judge, IMHO).

decarus
June 26th, 2009, 7:49 pm
I thought the film begins with a the end of the ministry from OotP with people taking pictures of Harry and Dumbledore. Do you remember any other dialogue that Harry has with Dumbledore?

aussiehottiemjm
June 26th, 2009, 7:51 pm
So you saw the film? What did you think of it overall?

It's difficult for me to say one way or the other without providing solid proof, which I cannot do as I am a member of the entertainment industry and it could bite me in the you know where.

What I can say is that it maintains the book's integrity. No, it doesn't follow the book exactly; no, it doesn't have the huge fight or a funeral as stated in prior testimonies. Unlike movie five, yes, this DOES in fact resolve some things. But it does capture the essence and theme of the book.

With time restraints, they cut out a LOT of the back story, which is important in the books to provide maximum amount of closure but isn't surprising seeing as it seems that ALL the films cut out the back story. What makes this particularly disappointing though is that the story line in six is DRIVEN by back story. In fact, they really only focus on Lily's importance to Prof. Slughorn and Riddle's inquiry of horcruxes. I will say on the latter that I was disappointed at the amount of time dedicated to Tom Riddle. The books almost allow you to see that transformation into Voldemort, but the movie itself only has the scene where Dumbledore meets Riddle and the one where Riddle learns of horcruxes. A bust in my opinion. Additionaly, revolving around the Half-Blood Prince, they hardly weigh his importance. They neither try to lead you on to believing that Voldemort could be the HBP nor how truly dangerous the knowledge could be. It is only at the Sectumsempra scene where any real weight is given to the book's contents.

I think as a movie they did about as well as they could. It is the second longest Potter flick, and I can't see how they could cram anything else in there, especially seeing as some of the scenes are short and choppy and really have about as much as they can contain.

Luna Lovegood's lion hat is epic. And I want one.

ETA: Perhaps what I love the most about this movie is the level of foreshadowing it contains. I felt like every long-range shot, every close up, was intended to send a message to the audience. I think book readers will pick up on a lot of the subtle lines and looks between characters. I swear you can see the apprehension on Dumbledore's face as he seemingly realizes Harry, too, could be a horcrux.

And of course the most promising foreshadow is the final shot ****which closes with the rising sun as Fawkes flies over the horizon. A promise of hope and glory and peace.

tking
June 26th, 2009, 7:56 pm
The link for the five minute opening - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbo95MIDUE4

Personally, the editing is fine for me. I quite like it.

Sesquipedalian
Well, I watched the first 5 minutes of the film now. I typed this very fast, so forgive me if I made errors. This is my summary:

The film opens with the title, which desolves into the clouds out of which comes a disturbance. People inside an office buiding notice it. As it turns out, the disturbance are a couple of death eaters, including Fenrir Greyback. After a few sweeping shots of London, the death eater's find their way into Diagon Alley. They head dirictly to Ollivanders, which they destroy and capture the shop owner. This follows the destruction of the Millenium Bridge, pretty much like in the trailers. Next we are in a café at a subway station where Harry reads the Daily Prophet. The article is about Lucius Malfoy's trial. Harry reads aloud for the audience that Narcissa and Draco left the courtroom in protest after they sentenced Lucius to be imprisoned in Azkaban. The waitress says that she sometimes thinks the picture in the Daily Prophet were moving. She asks him who Harry Potter, the Chosen One is. Harry replies that he's some idiot. The waitress gives him a smile and turns around. Harry says that he wants to ask her something, but she interrupts him, saying that her shifts ends at 11 o'clock, after he could tell her more about Harry Potter, the idiot. Harry checks his breath and then swallows something (probably mint drops, which he has in his pocket). However at this point, Dumbledore appears out of nowhere on the platform of the subway station. Harry joins him. When Dumbledore tell Harry to take his arm, Harry hestitates for a moment as he spots the waitress leaving the café, looking at him. Finally he decides that going on an adventure with Dumbledore is better than having a date with that waitress. The apparate to Budleigh Baberton near a war memorial. The head to Slughorn's house, which has a broken front door. Dumbledore says "Wands out." This is when the clip ends.

I preferred this review of the first five minutes to those on IMDB. Sounds excellent; I especially believe that the scene involving the waitress sounds as though it will be hilarious.

On an unrelated note, a new version of that featurette about Harry and Dumbledore, from May, has appeared. This version is 3:54 in length, and contains much new footage as well as high-quality versions of footage that we have previously only seen in low-quality. This featurette can be found at the following link: http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/features/harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince/index.html.

Noldus
I thought the waitress scene just was a dream...:/
The editing was not that bad actually, but the attack was to rushed. No intensity at all:(

Phrozenone
June 26th, 2009, 8:00 pm
Thanks so much for that aussiehottiemjm and welcome to the boards! :welcome::welcome:

TheVeilofDeath
June 26th, 2009, 8:04 pm
@aussiehottiemjm
Did the movie actually start with the logo and the attack or was the scene with the fotographers Harry and Dumbledore at the Ministry somehow involved at the very start?
And also, do you think the audience will understand the Horcruxes?

Noldus
June 26th, 2009, 8:05 pm
It's difficult for me to say one way or the other without providing solid proof, which I cannot do as I am a member of the entertainment industry and it could bite me in the you know where.

What I can say is that it maintains the book's integrity. No, it doesn't follow the book exactly; no, it doesn't have the huge fight or a funeral as stated in prior testimonies. Unlike movie five, yes, this DOES in fact resolve some things. But it does capture the essence and theme of the book.

With time restraints, they cut out a LOT of the back story, which is important in the books to provide maximum amount of closure but isn't surprising seeing as it seems that ALL the films cut out the back story. What makes this particularly disappointing though is that the story line in six is DRIVEN by back story. In fact, they really only focus on Lily's importance to Prof. Slughorn and Riddle's inquiry of horcruxes. I will say on the latter that I was disappointed at the amount of time dedicated to Tom Riddle. The books almost allow you to see that transformation into Voldemort, but the movie itself only has the scene where Dumbledore meets Riddle and the one where Riddle learns of horcruxes. A bust in my opinion. Additionaly, revolving around the Half-Blood Prince, they hardly weigh his importance. They neither try to lead you on to believing that Voldemort could be the HBP nor how truly dangerous the knowledge could be. It is only at the Sectumsempra scene where any real weight is given to the book's contents.

I think as a movie they did about as well as they could. It is the second longest Potter flick, and I can't see how they could cram anything else in there, especially seeing as some of the scenes are short and choppy and really have about as much as they can contain.

Luna Lovegood's lion hat is epic. And I want one.

ETA: Perhaps what I love the most about this movie is the level of foreshadowing it contains. I felt like every long-range shot, every close up, was intended to send a message to the audience. I think book readers will pick up on a lot of the subtle lines and looks between characters. I swear you can see the apprehension on Dumbledore's face as he seemingly realizes Harry, too, could be a horcrux.

And of course the most promising foreshadow is the final shot ****which closes with the rising sun as Fawkes flies over the horizon. A promise of hope and glory and peace.

When and why did you see the movie?:lol: Tell us more, please:D

decarus
June 26th, 2009, 8:11 pm

You say there is a 'moment when you can see the apprehension on Dumbledore's face as he seemingly realizes Harry could be a horcrux'. Is this the scene where Dumbledore shows Harry the Ring that was Voldmort's Grandfather's and then Harry touches the ring? If so, does Harry see flashes of the other horcruxes when he touches the ring? Is there some understanding at the end of the film that Harry is to go searching for horcruxes and does he have some idea as to what he is searching for?

boushh
June 26th, 2009, 8:13 pm
I thought that five minute clip looked good. :) The editing worked fine for me. It starts with the title, so I assume that there may be a bit of a teaser before the title which could contain the post-Ministry battle stuff from OotP.

Thanks for the review and welcome, aussiehottiemjm. :)

aussiehottiemjm
June 26th, 2009, 8:16 pm
When and why did you see the movie?:lol: Tell us more, please:D

The theater at which I am employed often hosts screenings for movie studios, whether it's for their own members, marketing and trading, or just a plain ol' promo screening/sneak peek. The screening was a corporate one, held this morning.

You say there is a 'moment when you can see the apprehension on Dumbledore's face as he seemingly realizes Harry could be a horcrux'. Is this the scene where Dumbledore shows Harry the Ring that was Voldmort's Grandfather's and then Harry touches the ring? If so, does Harry see flashes of the other horcruxes when he touches the ring? Is there some understanding at the end of the film that Harry is to go searching for horcruxes and does he have some idea as to what he is searching for?

These are fantastic questions! Yes, that would be the scene. Many images flash across the screen once Harry makes contact with the ring, and there is MAJOR understanding that Harry will be leaving Hogwarts alongside Ron and Hermione to search and destroy those remaining. He has no idea what he's searching for, but it implies they will be starting with R.A.B.

decarus
June 26th, 2009, 8:20 pm
On an unrelated note, a new version of that featurette about Harry and Dumbledore, from May, has appeared. This version is 3:54 in length, and contains much new footage as well as high-quality versions of footage that we have previously only seen in low-quality. This featurette can be found at the following link: http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/features/harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince/index.html.
I enjoyed this. There wasn't a lot new, but a few shots. We see the slug club shot where Harry stands when Ginny enters and a little more of the her-mi-o-ne scene, but not Ron actally saying 'her-mi-o-ne'. Thanks very much.

These are fantastic questions! Yes, that would be the scene. Many images flash across the screen once Harry makes contact with the ring, and there is MAJOR understanding that Harry will be leaving Hogwarts alongside Ron and Hermione to search and destroy those remaining. He has no idea what he's searching for, but it implies they will be starting with R.A.B.
Thanks very much for the response. May i ask when this scene takes place in the film? Before or after christmas? After Harry gets the real horcrux memory from slughorn? Or when Dumbledore shows harry either the orphanage or fake horcrux memory?

Does Harry discuss what he saw in those flashes with Dumbledore in any way?

Your answer was a relief for me. I have been worried that there would be no understanding of what the horcruxes are.

TheVeilofDeath
June 26th, 2009, 8:23 pm
Did the movie actually start with the logo and the attack or was the scene with the fotographers Harry and Dumbledore at the Ministry somehow involved at the very start?
And where there any parts you absolutely hate? Was Dumbis Death moving enough for a grown men to cry?

Noldus
June 26th, 2009, 8:25 pm
The first five minutes we saw, is that the final version of the movie?

Sesquipedalian
June 26th, 2009, 8:36 pm
Yes, that would be the scene. Many images flash across the screen once Harry makes contact with the ring.

Excellent. Although I usually support alterations made in the process of adapting a novel into a film, I did not see how Harry would know what the other Horcruxes were if this scene did not occur, as it did not in the test-screening in September. I am glad that it is included in the final film.

aussiehottiemjm
June 26th, 2009, 8:36 pm
Cool. The first five minutes we saw, is that the final version of the movie?Correct. That is the first five minutes.

And also, do you think the audience will understand the Horcruxes?The movie, like every movie, starts with the studio logo. It is then followed by the photographers and Harry and Dumbledore; I think its purpose is to show how immediately this movie starts after the previous. Then the film title, followed by the attacks. Then it's Harry in the diner reading the Daily Prophet.

Thanks very much for the response. May i ask when this scene takes place in the film? Before or after christmas? After Harry gets the real horcrux memory from slughorn? Or when Dumbledore shows harry either the orphanage or fake horcrux memory?

Does Harry discuss what he saw in those flashes with Dumbledore in any way?

Your answer was a relief for me. I have been worried that there would be no understanding of what the horcruxes are.It is after Christmas and after Harry has retrieved the true memory. This sets up the last 45 minutes or so of the movie. Harry does not mention what he sees but Dumbledore picks up on his body language and can tell something bothered him when he touched the ring. This is also a moment before the idea hits Dumbledore that Harry may be a horcrux. I even remember the line fairly well; it's almost as if Dumbledore realizes the posibility because of how Harry reacted to the contact. "Dark magic leaves behind a {a beat; epiphany} mark." To relieve you more, Dumbledore even emphasizes, just like the book, that a horcrux could be anything from Voldemort's prized maternal ring to a household item.

boushh
June 26th, 2009, 8:39 pm
Correct. That is the first five minutes.

The movie, like every movie, starts with the studio logo. It is then followed by the photographers and Harry and Dumbledore; I think its purpose is to show how immediately this movie starts after the previous. Then the film title, followed by the attacks. Then it's Harry in the diner reading the Daily Prophet.

Thanks for the info. Just as I suspected, there is more before the title of the film. :)

DML1991
June 26th, 2009, 8:43 pm
How would you rank the film with the others and what would you rate it?

Phrozenone
June 26th, 2009, 8:43 pm
Awesome! Well I have 3 more questions and then I'm done with bothering you aussiehottiemjm :lol: How was the cinematography and the soundtrack? Also we've heard that the movie is really romance based. Did you think there was a good balance between the dark and light parts in the film? Thanks so much for anwering in advanced! :D

decarus
June 26th, 2009, 8:54 pm
It is after Christmas and after Harry has retrieved the true memory. This sets up the last 45 minutes or so of the movie. Harry does not mention what he sees but Dumbledore picks up on his body language and can tell something bothered him when he touched the ring. This is also a moment before the idea hits Dumbledore that Harry may be a horcrux. I even remember the line fairly well; it's almost as if Dumbledore realizes the posibility because of how Harry reacted to the contact. "Dark magic leaves behind a {a beat; epiphany} mark." To relieve you more, Dumbledore even emphasizes, just like the book, that a horcrux could be anything from Voldemort's prized maternal ring to a household item.

I thought it might be after he retrieves the true memory. Does Harry move his head when he touches Voldemort's Ring like he did in OotP when he was seeing in Voldemort's mind? That sort of neck twist? If not that's alright, but that would have been a good connection. Thanks again for the reponse.

With regards to the romance, after Harry and Ginny kiss in the room of requirements do they ever discuss it later on? Are Ron and Hermione aware that something has happened between Harry and Ginny by the end of the film? After Dumbledore falls to his death, all the students circle around him and Harry comes upon his body and Ginny joins him there? Can you tell us more about how that scene plays out?

aussiehottiemjm
June 26th, 2009, 8:56 pm
How would you rank the film with the others and what would you rate it?This is a difficult question to answer seeing as I can't really "review" the film without consequences from my superiors until it has been released (similar to movie critics themselves).

Aside from Cuaron's, I've never felt that the Harry Potter films were high in quality; not that anything was particularly bad but that nothing other than special effects were truly extraordinary: The plots of four through six are condensed in such a manner it makes the editing seem choppy; generally, it isn't that the acting is bad-it's good-but it isn't a performance one might see from an Oscar nom; and cinematography hasn't been anything we haven't seen before. With the third film, I felt Cuaron was able to overcome choppy cuts; the cinematography, outstanding. He drove the kid stars to act and really embody the characters as opposed to just being kid wizards at school.

Aside from what's good, I've always felt that the films were highly entertaining, always holding my attention both out of my interest and my enjoyment. (As opposed to Twilight, which really only holds my attention out of curiosity.)

That being said, I feel like this film was striving to be more than the others, to set itself apart while still being able to call itself Potter. The acting was so perfect I felt like the stars were the characters from the book, the ones we fell in love with long before the movies debuted. Additionally, as stated before, the cinematography does a great job achieving shots that capture themes, emotions, and things to come. Unfortunately, the movie still contains those choppy scenes, which makes it feel a little dizzying, though not NEARLY as choppy as movie five.

I guess then you take that and decide what you like about the movies as well as what you qualify as a good movie, and then make your own judgment as to about where the movie may stand.

ETA:
Awesome! Well I have 3 more questions and then I'm done with bothering you aussiehottiemjm How was the cinematography and the soundtrack? Also we've heard that the movie is really romance based. Did you think there was a good balance between the dark and light parts in the film? Thanks so much for anwering in advanced! The soundtrack is, sadly, not re inventive. I was hoping based on the version of Hedwig's theme we keep hearing in the trailer(s) that it would stand out while maintaining that Potter-fantasy feel. However, I felt like they recycled a lot of the melodies; creating both good and poor results. For example, I could understand reusing "Fireworks" from OotP for the Weasley Wizard Weezes scene, but they used it at other parts of the movie, too, which seemed inappropriate at times. As far as romance, I would've sacrificed a few of choice scenes if it meant getting more attention on the Half-Blood Prince. I really felt there should've been more focus on the mysterious title character. Not that the romance(s)/infatuation(s) are suffocating; I just feel like the focus should be shifted elsewhere. The Harry Potter stories are driven by ALL relationships, not just the romantic kinds. Harry Potter's greatest difference between Voldemort is that Harry has known the many kinds of true love, especially familial friendship. (I could go on and on and on about themes......)

I thought it might be after he retrieves the true memory. Does Harry move his head when he touches Voldemort's Ring like he did in OotP when he was seeing in Voldemort's mind? That sort of neck twist? If not that's alright, but that would have been a good connection. Thanks again for the reponse.

With regards to the romance, after Harry and Ginny kiss in the room of requirements do they ever discuss it later on? Are Ron and Hermione aware that something has happened between Harry and Ginny by the end of the film? After Dumbledore falls to his death, all the students circle around him and Harry comes upon his body and Ginny joins him there? Can you tell us more about how that scene plays out?Harry does do the head/neck movement. It is one of the moments that help to foreshadow that horcrux idea; it strengthens the idea that he holds a deep connection with Voldemort.

The kiss. They don't necessarily discuss it. Like the last few Potter films, it's like everything important happens in the last 48 hours of the school year and there's o-m-g-like-no-time. However, they don't completely sweep it under the rug. The trio talk briefly about it in the closing scene.

Again, because of my position in the industry, I can't give a frame-by-frame account. But basically Harry comes to Dumbledore's body to grieve, takes the locket into his hand, and clutches onto Ginny. Those in attendance do a tribute in a way only wizards could.

mrfutterman
June 26th, 2009, 8:58 pm
Very interesting. Thanks!

decarus
June 26th, 2009, 9:19 pm
Is there a scene after Dumbledore's death where Harry is in Dumbldore's office and he picks up the elder wand? If so what is happening in that scene?

Apologies for asking again, but i wonder if Harry and Ginny ever talk after they kiss or is their relationship or lack of relationship just left open? You don't have to go scene by scene. I am just wondering how you felt about the closure or lack of closure in their relationship at the end of the film.

One more, in the burrow attack, does Lupin sense that Greyback is near somehow and they all go outside to check? If so, does he sense him by smell or is there some sort of clicking noise?

harry5678
June 26th, 2009, 9:28 pm
I actually only have one single question, and it will conmfirm my theory or not...Does Lupin....well, the Order, Do they KNOW that Malfoy has been given a mission by Voldemort or does Lupin shoot down Harry's theory as he does in the book?

EDIT: another one, sorry, LAST one i have. This is in regards to snape's line "It's Over." I'd like to know if thi is b4 or after Dumbledore's is killed? Because wherever it is will really affect the impact and how i feel aboutthe line. If it's before, i may not be as happy with it, however if it's AFTER, i am gonnna get absolute chills when i see it in theaters.

aussiehottiemjm
June 26th, 2009, 9:31 pm
Is there a scene after Dumbledore's death where Harry is in Dumbldore's office and he picks up the elder wand? If so what is happening in that scene?

Apologies for asking again, but i wonder if Harry and Ginny ever talk after they kiss or is their relationship or lack of relationship just left open? You don't have to go scene by scene. I am just wondering how you felt about the closure or lack of closure in their relationship at the end of the film.

One more, in the burrow attack, does Lupin sense that Greyback is near somehow and they all go outside to check? If so, does he sense him by smell or is there some sort of clicking noise?

The scene you first mention is simply Harry in mourning. He is in Dumbledore's office looking through some of his things, picking up his wand, almost as if he's trying to memorize everything he can about the man. McGonagall reiterates how much Harry meant to Dumbledore. It's touching, though not tear-jerking, which is perfectly okay with me because I cried three freaking times in that movie. (I'm a baby.)

The relationship is left open and the two do not discuss it, but from what I felt like (and this could be some book-influence) is that Harry understands that destroying these horcruxes is his priority. Hermione and Harry bond in this movie over their mutual predicament of the one they love being with someone else, so that at the end of the movie they have a two or three line talk before they move on to having to find the horcruxes.

Lupin and Tonks (who calls Lupin "sweetheart" at one point, though nothing about their relationship or situation is expounded on) are getting ready to leave the burrow. Lupin freezes on the porch and keeps staring out into the wheat fields. To me, I felt it was a sense. I especially feel it's this because this night is the last night of the wolf cycle, so I think he might be more attuned to other werewolves. (He certainly was not pursing his lips and inhaling through his nose.) The death eaters present are Lestrange and Greyback. They make the provoking move and Harry himself reacts, and the others react to his reaction. That's pretty much that scene without detail, but that as much as I feel comfortable saying since it's a scene original to the film.

I actually only have one single question, and it will conmfirm my theory or not...Does Lupin....well, the Order, Do they KNOW that Malfoy has been given a mission by Voldemort or does Lupin shoot down Harry's theory as he does in the book?They are fairly true to the book in that respect. ;)

decarus
June 26th, 2009, 9:32 pm
I actually only have one single question, and it will conmfirm my theory or not...Does Lupin....well, the Order, Do they KNOW that Malfoy has been given a mission by Voldemort or does Lupin shoot down Harry's theory as he does in the book?

Good question, harry5678. I want to know that too. Do the order tell know about about the cabinet and tell Harry about it at Christmas?

The scene you first mention is simply Harry in mourning. He is in Dumbledore's office looking through some of his things, picking up his wand, almost as if he's trying to memorize everything he can about the man. McGonagall reiterates how much Harry meant to Dumbledore. It's touching, though not tear-jerking, which is perfectly okay with me because I cried three freaking times in that movie. (I'm a baby.) Cool, i thought this scene was cut. I like the idea of Harry holding the elder wand. It is sort of a if we had only known moment.
Hermione and Harry bond in this movie over their mutual predicament of the one they love being with someone else, so that at the end of the movie they have a two or three line talk before they move on to having to find the horcruxes. So Harry and Hermione discuss Ginny a little bit at the end? I can live with that.
Lupin and Tonks (who calls Lupin "sweetheart" at one point, though nothing about their relationship or situation is expounded on) are getting ready to leave the burrow. Lupin freezes on the porch and keeps staring out into the wheat fields. To me, I felt it was a sense. He certainly was not pursing his lips and inhaling through his nose. The death eaters present are Lestrange and Greyback. They make the provoking move and Harry himself reacts, and the others react to his reaction. That's pretty much that scene without detail, but that as much as I feel comfortable saying since it's a scene original to the film. Hmm, i knew that there was a sense there. I wondered if he would be sniffing or how it would work. It is probably better that he doesn't sniff. That sounds a little strange anyways. I do like the idea that he is aware before anyone else especially because he was bitten by Greyback.

Thanks for answering questions.

harry5678
June 26th, 2009, 9:42 pm
They are fairly true to the book in that respect. ;)

That is such a relief! Im so glad thats how it's supposed to be, otherwise the Order would've looked downright unintelligent in my opinion, it would've looked as if they totally just let Malfoy go, without even trying to do anything.

Can you say anything in regards to snape line or is that too much? Lol

Btw, thank you VERY much for answering some of our questions, I am very greatful for that, welcome to the thread, and Congrats on getting to see the final product!

Noldus
June 26th, 2009, 9:45 pm
But do they mention they are going to bury the elder wand?
Do Lupin, Tonks and the other fight too or is it just Harry and Ginny? I think I heard someone mention fire snakes months ago, but I may be wrong...

decarus
June 26th, 2009, 9:54 pm
At Christmas doesn't Lupin and Arthur find out about the cabinet and that Draco has a mission and then tell that to Harry? We have head that line in tv spots 'Draco Malfoy has been given a mission'? Right? I don't think they know that the mission is to kill Dumbledore though.

aussiehottiemjm
June 26th, 2009, 9:56 pm
That is such a relief! Im so glad thats how it's supposed to be, otherwise the Order would've looked downright unintelligent in my opinion, it would've looked as if they totally just let Malfoy go, without even trying to do anything.

Can you say anything in regards to snape line or is that too much? Lol

Btw, thank you VERY much for answering some of our questions, I am very greatful for that, welcome to the thread, and Congrats on getting to see the final product!Snape, though featured more prominently in this movie than the last few, does not have as heavy a story line as one would think. It focuses on him really only when it focuses on Draco. The HBP-angle is also underplayed. At least he doesn't hit Harry over the back of the head in this flick.

Cool, i thought this scene was cut. I like the idea of Harry holding the elder wand. It is sort of a if we had only known moment.
So Harry and Hermione discuss Ginny a little bit at the end? I can live with that.
Hmm, i knew that there was a sense there. I wondered if he would be sniffing or how it would work. It is probably better that he doesn't sniff. That sounds a little strange anyways. I do like the idea that he is aware before anyone else especially because he was bitten by Greyback.

Thanks for answering questions.

At Christmas doesn't Lupin and Arthur find out about the cabinet and that Draco has a mission and then tell that to Harry? We have head that line in tv spots 'Draco Malfoy has been given a mission'? Right? I don't think they know that the mission is to kill Dumbledore though.You're all welcome! I had the exact same questions going into the movie, so I know how you feel. I just hate that we've all had to wait this long if not longer. I do think it's a good move, though. I want the franchise to do as well as possible so that the studio is encouraged to take time to produce quality films over quantity. The conversation at Christmas is fairly true to the book; don't worry so much!

But do they mention they are going to bury the elder wand?
Do Lupin, Tonks and the other fight too or is it just Harry and Ginny? I think I heard someone mention fire snakes months ago, but I may be wrong...I don't wanna get too descriptive but a circle of fire acts as a sort of boundary for the burrow-ers. Harry is drawn out of it, but Ginny, Lupin and Tonks catch up at separate times. You'll understand the term "snakes" when you see the way the fire bends as Harry escapes to chase after Lestrange.

They don't mention burying the wand because they don't have or mention a funeral. I said previously at the moment of his death, those near give a tribute only wizards could. I prefer it, quite honestly, because if they had his funeral like in the book....? The movie wouldn't have enough time left over to calm me down from after having seen Umbridge show her ugly toad face.

harry5678
June 26th, 2009, 10:04 pm
At Christmas doesn't Lupin and Arthur find out about the cabinet and that Draco has a mission and then tell that to Harry? We have head that line in tv spots 'Draco Malfoy has been given a mission'? Right? I don't think they know that the mission is to kill Dumbledore though.

Actually decarus, i think that that line was edited for the trailer, so audiences would understand whats going on a little better, most likely if Lupin and the Order don't about the cabinet or about Malfoy's mission in general, i'd say that the line instead of saying "Voldemort has given Draco Malfoy a mission." perhaps it'd be more like..."Harry, Voldemort has not given Draco Malfoy a mission..." following by Lupin continuing to tell Harry to drop his suspisions, that Malfoy is only 16, etc, etc. If thats the case, then i'd guess that the line in the trailer is missing a few words, i can tell something isn't quite right about it, it has that sort of edited feel when i hear Lupin say "Draco Malfoy" it just doesn't sound like the line goes together. It'd be like perhaps if someone took Dumbledore's line, "Once again, I must ask too much of you Harry." and cut out the part where he says "Once Again" and pasted in Dumbledore saying, um.... "Tonight" then it'd sound like Dumbledore says it right b4 they leave to the cave "Tonight, I must ask too much you Harry." I think that Lupin's line went through something similar for the trailer, but who knows

decarus
June 26th, 2009, 10:07 pm
At least he doesn't hit Harry over the back of the head in this flick. I hate it when he hits people on the back of the head as well. It is almost as bad as when Dumbledore attacks harry in GoF.

They don't mention burying the wand because they don't have or mention a funeral. I said previously at the moment of his death, those near give a tribute only wizards could. I prefer it, quite honestly, because if they had his funeral like in the book....? The movie wouldn't have enough time left over to calm me down from after having seen Umbridge show her ugly toad face. I sort of like the idea of Harry going to stand near Dumbledore's body and Ginny comforting him while everyone else raises their lit wands. There are things i liked about the funeral, but seeing Umbridge was not a high point. I think the battle is the greater loss.

Actually decarus, i think that that line was edited for the trailer, so audiences would understand whats going on a little better, most likely if Lupin and the Order don't about the cabinet or about Malfoy's mission in general, i'd say that the line instead of saying "Voldemort has given Draco Malfoy a mission." perhaps it'd be more like..."Harry, Voldemort has not given Draco Malfoy a mission..." following by Lupin continuing to tell Harry to drop his suspisions, that Malfoy is only 16, etc, etc. If thats the case, then i'd guess that the line in the trailer is missing a few words, i can tell something isn't quite right about it, it has that sort of edited feel when i hear Lupin say "Draco Malfoy" it just doesn't sound like the line goes together. Do you think so? I thought there was somewhere that we heard Harry say the words vanishing cabinet? I am not to worried about this part of the film. It doesn't actually bother me if they think Draco has a mission. In the book, Dumbledore is aware that Draco is trying to kill him all along. I don't think the order being aware that something is going on is that big of a departure.

I think the line that has been taken most out of context is the line 'you have no choice'. I was wondering if you remember that line and who Dumbledore said it to.

PS. I have seen the tvspot with harry saying sectumsempra twice in the last two hours. Actually on television i mean.

How did you feel about the sectumsempra scene? Did you think that Draco's life was really in danger?

TheVeilofDeath
June 26th, 2009, 10:24 pm
I have got oNE tiny little question still about the opening...umh when the logo first comes in, is there the hedwigs theme playing (somewhat very low or so?) Or is this part mute?
And then when it gets to the ministry part, how is that, also just mute pictures flickering, and then transcending to the title or...I just can't imagine it.

Sacred_Memories
June 26th, 2009, 10:26 pm
aussie's comment just made me slightly more sad. He/She is basically saying that the Half-Blood Prince was not given any importance...

If you did indeed see the whole movie, did Snape say "You may have your mother's eyes, but you are as dim as your father" to Harry?

Another question (sorry if I'm killing you here), was the ending of the movie (the trio + Fawkes) satisfying and emotional?

I'm going to ask two more questions but if you choose to ignore them, I don't blame you, I'm being quite a pain. I am anticipating Narcissa Malfoy very much, and how well did Helen play her and did she convey a good amount of emotion? Could you feel for her? And did Tom Felton give justice to Draco at the climax of the movie?

Was there a good mix of humor and darkness? And how much would you rate this movie compared with the others?

That's way more than two...I'm so sorry but I'm way too anxious! Thank you so much!

Montse
June 26th, 2009, 10:35 pm
if a chick that I found attractive came onto me like that, I certainly would not act as Harry does and let her walk away.

Exactly , even despite what he has done. A kiss would be like JK defines it a book later " blissful oblivion". at least for that moment he might even forget what he just did. Not stay there petrified on Ginny´s move.we don't know what happens after the kiss. We don't know if Harry tries to talk to her again. We don't know if looks, glances, touches, or any other signs of affection come after the kiss. Thus, I do not think we should jump to conclusions about this. Harry will not be a playa, I'm sure
We don´t know still. But I doubt they will have another moment after this. One would hope, but after wards come the real important part of the film. They wont have time to have them talk, what would they talk about anyway, " Hey I like you ,but I cant be with you."
What for?
They need to split them anyway.Will they get them together at Hallows?
All I can think that could somehow happen is that Ginny kisses him when he arrives at the burrow in Hallows, but then again that kiss would be out of place where half her family is still pending to get home. Unless they make him last to arrive.I dunno. To me they have complicated things that should have had flowed smoothly.

I agree. If they stay consistent, Malfoy was attempting to use Crucio on Harry and he knows what that spell does so I would expect him to sound more defensive and a bit desperate to use something that will stop Malfoy from using Crucio.

:) yes, that makes sense. At least to me it does.What I liked about the kiss as it was presented in the book was that it was mutual. Ginny threw herself into Harry's arms and he kissed her - they both brought it about and it was a blissfully happy moment for both of them.

Exactly, both of them forgetting about the world around them and telling the other and the reader how much they liked each other.And when you add in the implication that Harry is drooling over all those other girls, excited at the prospect of being given love potion, and thinking he can use his status as "The Chosen One" to get girls, I worry that it will come across that Harry is disappointed that it's Ginny kissing him rather than Romilda Vane slipping him love potion.

This does not help either. Film Harry seems to really be enjoying his popularity. Book Harry somewhat becamed annoyed by it at some point. Book Harry could not prevent himself only thinking about Ginny. Film Harry is struggling between his liking of Ginny and his hormones dealing with popularity and being so fancible and likeable.Not really making the point he finds Ginny and realizes this girl is the one for him.If they've screwed it up as badly as it appears, then they're going to have to find some way to fix that at the beginning of DH to establish that Harry does have feelings for Ginny. Otherwise, that's just going to fall flat, IMO.

I agree:agree:

Though actually I know what you mean better than I'm letting on Montse, I doubt I would stay as optimistic if they changed the Ron/Hermione kiss in DH. I would be getting my battle-axe ready in fact
honey ,get it ready. Me fears they will change it too.Ginny literally takes him by the hand and guides him through the room of requirement and hides the book for him so that he isn't tempted. I know from our descriptions it can sound offbeat, but try to trust me (or at the very least keep an open mind going into) about the scene because it just works for the movie IMO.
When Ginny holds his hand I must agree it is rather sweet. But then, I dont like it . I will wait and see how it works when I have seen all the moments they describe in the film and see if it all adds up and one can be pleased about it. Till then, lets just give it a rest cause you optimistic people wont convince me. I rather liked how Jk had wrote it.

ArryGrotter
June 26th, 2009, 10:47 pm
Well, I've been enjoying reading what you have to say, aussie, and it is interesting to read your opinion :)

As for the first 5 minutes - I won't deny I was slightly shocked how quick that went! :lol: But yeah, it does what it needs to! It was very interesting watching that and picking out all the shots from the trailers :rotfl: Gosh, that's how its going to be for the actual film too! I was even translating most of the German in my head since I knew most of the lines :rotfl: Well, the first 12 minutes might even last till the joke shop at this stage! :rotfl:
I want to see a better quality version though - I couldn't navigate my way around that German site and chance along what seemed to be the last version of it on youtube! :lol:

As for the other preview, that too was nice to watch :D Quite a few new things here and there too. More of the hospital scene, for example :)

Montse
June 26th, 2009, 10:57 pm
In fact, they really only focus on Lily's importance to Prof. Slughorn and Riddle's inquiry of horcruxes. I will say on the latter that
This is good news. :)Additionaly, revolving around the Half-Blood Prince,
This is a dissapointment, I expected it to be relevant. Well it also happened in Phoenix. They really make the titles loose their importance if you ask me.
:) good news too.[quote=aussiehottiemjm;5340481]Perhaps what I love the most about this movie is the level of foreshadowing it contains. I felt like every long-range shot, every close up, was intended to send a message to the audience. I think book readers will pick up on a lot of the subtle lines and looks between characters. I swear you can see the apprehension on Dumbledore's face as he seemingly realizes Harry, too, could be a horcrux.

the do foreshadow Harry´s possibility of being a horcrux. Wow. I never expected them to hint it. Cool!!!!Seems at least they will get somethings right.aussiehottiemjm.
Thanks aussiehottiemjm!!!
You bring hope and rise expectations to some of us!!!!:)

decarus
June 26th, 2009, 10:57 pm
Yeah, more of the hospital scene and they showed a behind the scenes shot of Hermione in her Christmas party dress. Very nice. Good find.

Sacred_Memories
June 26th, 2009, 11:01 pm
Where is that preview that shows more of the hospital scene?

decarus
June 26th, 2009, 11:03 pm

We have seen most of this before, but it is strung together and there are a few new shots.

lcbaseball22
June 26th, 2009, 11:04 pm
The scene you first mention is simply Harry in mourning. He is in Dumbledore's office looking through some of his things, picking up his wand, almost as if he's trying to memorize everything he can about the man. McGonagall reiterates how much Harry meant to Dumbledore. It's touching, though not tear-jerking, which is perfectly okay with me because I cried three freaking times in that movie. (I'm a baby.)

Oh, cool. Yeah, we thought this scene was cut based on Heyman's comments in that one interview. So, it sounds like what happened then is originally during that scene they had Harry actually take the wand and keep it and then after the final book came out they realized they had to omit that part. I'm really glad this is in, cause that was like my favorite promotional still that they realeased...and it still is :cool: :tu:

May I ask what scenes you cried during? :lol:

MasterOfDeath
June 26th, 2009, 11:13 pm
I just saw the opening five minutes and I have to ask one thing...from ME of all people...

What the HECK are you all talking about?!!! I thought the editing was FINE! If there was any problem, the editing was a little drawn-out! :rotfl: Esp. in the waitress scene, but I'm fine with that! :tu: I didn't think it was choppy at all and I'm a long-time critic of Mark Day...I thought the opening attack was perfect! Honestly, what more were you guys expecting? :whistle: I got very nervous when I read through this thread and all the complaints about the editing...until I watched it for myself. It looks like Day has improved! :tu: Coming from me, that says alot. ;) :lol:

decarus
June 26th, 2009, 11:16 pm
Harry walks in on Snape and Dumbledore arguing on the Tower right before they disapparate to the cave. Do you remember what they say when they are arguing at all? This is rather specific, so if not now worries. Thanks very much again.

PS. I didn't think the editing of the first five minutes was that bad. The quality of the video was so poor and the fact that it was dubbed made it hard to get any real sense of the scenes. It was still nice to see some new footage though.

TheVeilofDeath
June 26th, 2009, 11:19 pm
I also didn't find the editing bad at all especially having seen it in a medium version, but I somehow expected the attack to las a little bit longer, some shots here and there....and I EXPECTED Muggles to DIE and not all of them escape.:grumble::whistle:

aussiehottiemjm
June 26th, 2009, 11:19 pm
aussie's comment just made me slightly more sad. He/She is basically saying that the Half-Blood Prince was not given any importance...

If you did indeed see the whole movie, did Snape say "You may have your mother's eyes, but you are as dim as your father" to Harry?

Another question (sorry if I'm killing you here), was the ending of the movie (the trio + Fawkes) satisfying and emotional?

I'm going to ask two more questions but if you choose to ignore them, I don't blame you, I'm being quite a pain. I am anticipating Narcissa Malfoy very much, and how well did Helen play her and did she convey a good amount of emotion? Could you feel for her? And did Tom Felton give justice to Draco at the climax of the movie?

Was there a good mix of humor and darkness? And how much would you rate this movie compared with the others?

That's way more than two...I'm so sorry but I'm way too anxious! Thank you so much!It's not that they don't give the HBP any importance; I just feel like it took a the passenger's seat, as opposed to the cramped back seat. They make it more into the side plot, whereas the book spends a lot of time alluding that the HBP and Voldy may be one and the same before the reveal that it's Snape. In the movie, they don't worry so much about WHO the HBP may be. I cannot recall that specific line from Snape; I don't remember him saying anything about Harry's eyes *gasp* although Slughorn said it on multiple occasions.

The ending was satisfying and emotional, in my opinion, because that closing shot I previously mentioned. Having read all the books, I feel like the sun rise had just so much to offer me.

Narcissa is the perfect example of a mother whose sole priority is the well-being of her son. I cannot begin to explain how impressed I was with Felton's performance. I have only seen him in these films and all I could think about is how he hadn't done more in any of the films other than insult and wuss out. I stated it generally but I'll specify: Felton, along with the other important young actors, truly embodied their characters in this film. I wasn't watching Tom Felton unravel over a sink but Draco himself. A little more after the other quote...

As far as rating the movie, I explain as best I can here: http://www.cosforums.com/showpost.php?p=5340524&postcount=363

May I ask what scenes you cried during? :lol:

I must reiterate that I am a big cry baby. But the three scenes were when Harry gets the real memory from Slughorn, Draco's desperation at the climax toward Dumbledore in the tower before the others arrive, and the tribute to Dumbledore after he's passed.

ETA: Harry walks in on Snape and Dumbledore arguing on the Tower right before they disapparate to the cave. Do you remember what they say when they are arguing at all? This is rather specific, so if not now worries. Thanks very much again.

PS. I didn't think the editing of the first five minutes was that bad. The quality of the video was so poor and the fact that it was dubbed made it hard to get any real sense of the scenes. It was still nice to see some new footage though.I don't specifically remember what they say, but from what I gather they're arguing about how Snape doesn't want to act as a double-agent. And Harry takes it as confirming his suspicions since he doesn't learn the truth until movie eight. But Snape says something along the lines of, "I can't do this anymore." Dumbledore says something like, "You need to," or something. Know the lines aren't precise, but the gist is there.

The editing is the worst during the beginning to middle of the school terms. It's like, they have to show you things that are happening, but they have to hurry toward Christmas, and then toward the end of the year, in order to move the overarching plot forward. :/

I also didn't find the editing bad at all, but I somehow expected the attack to las a little bit longer, some shots here and there....and I EXPECTED Muggles to DIE and not all of them escape.If you look closely at the Daily Prophet article Harry's reading after the attacks, the title reads: "Bridge collapse. Death toll rises." ;) Also, I don't think the death eaters would WANT the attacks to last long, because that would give the muggles more of a chance of figuring out about magic. That's what I appreciate about the way they have the death eaters wisp throughout the cities.

MasterOfDeath
June 26th, 2009, 11:22 pm
I also didn't find the editing bad at all, but I somehow expected the attack to las a little bit longer, some shots here and there....and I EXPECTED Muggles to DIE and not all of them escape.:grumble::whistle:

I love love how it starts in the muggle office with the people looking out the window when the dark marks appears and the death eaters FLYING THROUGH LONDON, WOW! That's going to be so amazing in IMAX 3D!!! :wow: They Turn right, left,t wist around, etc. It's CRAZY! They rip through Diagon Alley, capture Ollivander and destroy the bridge on the way out. The shots of the pedestrians holding on for dear life was very disturbing. I think in clearer quality, we'll see many of them have fell into the water already. The scene actually disturbed me and it's in such poor quality!

lcbaseball22
June 26th, 2009, 11:25 pm
HOLY ****! There are like 40 people viewing this thread right now (20 members and 20 guests)

WHY?! Has there been a new trailer or something? Like I haven't seen this much traffic since that last epic trailer. Sorry, I just got on and haven't really had time to catch up. Haven't checked the news sites yet either...perhaps I should :whistle:

TheVeilofDeath
June 26th, 2009, 11:26 pm
@MoD

Believe me, I saw a higher quality version of this, and there were NO muggles visible in the water. They all seemed to have escaped while the bridge was still swinging.
But yes, the beginning with the Dark Mark is really cool!

Sacred_Memories
June 26th, 2009, 11:27 pm
Ok, I feel a lot better now, thanks. I'm just happy that you think this movie is at least much better than Order of the Phoenix (which was really good IMO).

@MoD

Believe me, I saw a higher quality version of this, and there were NO muggles visible in the water. They all seemed to have escaped while the bridge was still swinging.
But yes, the beginning with the Dark Mark is really cool!

Someone in IMDB said upon closer inspection, you could see people in the water.

decarus
June 26th, 2009, 11:29 pm
I thought it was good how it seemed like people were injured in the attack on Diagon Alley. There were people screaming and some on the ground and you can see the WWW in the background. I don't mean good as in wonderful, but as in they are supposed to be dangerous. I also liked the way the dark mark came out of the sky over London. To have it come out of the sky over a real place was disturbing.

meesha1971
June 26th, 2009, 11:32 pm
Well, darn. That five minute clip has been taken down now and I didn't get to see it. Has anyone seen it anywhere else? From the description of it given on this thread, the waitress scene sounds even worse than I imagined. The other stuff sounded okay though.

Hermione and Harry bond in this movie over their mutual predicament of the one they love being with someone else, so that at the end of the movie they have a two or three line talk before they move on to having to find the horcruxes.

Harry talks to Hermione about why he can't be with Ginny instead of talking to Ginny? Figures. Bet they gave her Ginny's lines too. :rolleyes:

Thanks for answering so many questions, aussiehottiemjm. :)

Montse
June 26th, 2009, 11:34 pm
I cannot see the opening scene. Why?
the links takes me to Michael Jackson, what am I cow with computers Montse doing wrong?

Well, darn. That five minute clip has been taken down now and I didn't get to see it. Has anyone seen it anywhere else? From the description of it given on this thread, the waitress scene sounds even worse than I imagined. The other stuff sounded okay though
Never mind, seems it has been taken down.

aussiehottiemjm
June 26th, 2009, 11:36 pm
Harry talks to Hermione about why he can't be with Ginny instead of talking to Ginny? Figures. Bet they gave her Ginny's lines too. :rolleyes:

Thanks for answering so many questions, aussiehottiemjm. :)

Sorry, I mean to be vague, not ambiguous. It's kind of like an approval, like Hermione is saying that she doesn't think Ron would care if he dated Ginny (because Ron had gotten upset at Dean earlier). And it's sort of a response line from Harry, and then a follow-up line from Hermione before they talk about the horcruxes. (Ron's there in the scene with them, he just doesn't talk.)

lcbaseball22
June 26th, 2009, 11:40 pm
http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/video-new-behind-scenes-half-blood-prince-preview-65305/

Wow, well I just watched this new preview from Yahoo movies. LOVE IT! It's really cool...kinda funny cause it seems to be like all the TV spots, trailers, featurettes, etc edited into one long video :lol: Oh, and with quite a bit of new footage as well :tu: Has a good balance :cool:

As for this 5 minute opening. I'm not seeing it anywhere. But I've heard it's really crappy quality so I think I'll just wait until I see the film :p

decarus
June 26th, 2009, 11:40 pm
Sorry, I mean to be vague, not ambiguous. It's kind of like an approval, like Hermione is saying that she doesn't think Ron would care if he dated Ginny (because Ron had gotten upset at Dean earlier). And it's sort of a response line from Harry, and then a follow-up line from Hermione before they talk about the horcruxes. (Ron's there in the scene with them, he just doesn't talk.)
Ron hears this? Ron hears Hermione say she doesn't think Ron would be upset if Harry dated Ginny?

What do they talk about horcruxes? Do they discuss what Harry thinks the are or just that they are going to look for RAB? This is the scene on the tower at the end with the sun rising with Harry and Hermione and Ron and Ginny are in the background. Hermione is holding the locket. She reads the note. Ginny hears they are talking about leaving and walks away and Ron joins Harry and Hermione at the railing. Right?

As for this 5 minute opening. I'm not seeing it anywhere. But I've heard it's really crappy quality so I think I'll just wait until I see the film :p It was very bad quality and dubbed.

aussiehottiemjm
June 26th, 2009, 11:44 pm
Ron hears this? Ron hears Hermione say she doesn't think Ron would be upset if Harry dated Ginny?

What do they talk about horcruxes? Do they discuss what Harry thinks the are or just that they are going to look for RAB? This is the scene on the tower at the end with the sun rising with Harry and Hermione and Ron and Ginny are in the background. Hermione is holding the locket. She reads the note. Right?

Correct. Funny, though, I don't remember Ginny being in the shot. Hermione and Harry are looking out onto the horizon while Ron sits on the steps in the background. Ron still looks like he's in mournful shock. She says the line about his approval aside, as in, to where only Harry can hear it. But that's when Harry expresses his understanding that the horcruxes need to come first. He says the same stuff he does in the book, how he's not coming back and he'll try to keep them informed. That's when Hermione protests, calling him thick, and saying he needs them to determine and discover the other horcruxes, whatever they may be; during this line Ron moves from the step to stand next to them.

TheVeilofDeath
June 26th, 2009, 11:45 pm
lcbaseball22, I could give you a link with a higher quality version, but if you want to wait for the film, you shall....:tu::relax:

meesha1971
June 26th, 2009, 11:47 pm

Well, at least they didn't give her Ginny's lines. Still doesn't sound very good to me. And what's the point of having Hermione say Ron wouldn't mind if he's sitting right there? :hmm:

I saw the five minute clip - very low quality and dubbed in German. I was right - I don't like the waitress scene at all. :no: The editing looked all right to me though.