The All-Inclusive HBP Movie Thread v. 17 - incl. movie spoilers

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

luvtolaugh1234
June 28th, 2009, 6:33 am
Hey aussie, one more question about the H/G kiss. How passionate would you say it is? More or less than the Harry Cho one? Is it shorter or longer, and do they actually do something with their arms, or do they just dangle there like in the Harry Cho one?

lcbaseball22
June 28th, 2009, 6:44 am
So guys, I'm quite confused by the French special clip. It appears that it's longer than that 11 minutes, cause it like just cuts off. Is it actually 50 minutes (like the name of the show implies) Or is it similar to our show 60 minutes, where they don't really talk about 1 thing for the entire show but rather break up into many segments. :hmm: Yeah, I realize this is more entertainment news than current world affairs...

Regarless, I'm still hoping a version without the dubbing surfaces. :whistle:

Gaian
June 28th, 2009, 7:23 am
So, here you go! More translations!

At the burrow, Ginny says to Harry: "Open you mouth", then "Don't you trust me?".

In the Gryffindor common room:
Hermione: " The binding is fragile?"
Harry: "Yes."
Ginny, taking the book from Harry and opening it: "Who's the Half-Blood Prince?" Then she starts reading but I can't hear what she says.

Edit: The show is 50 minutes long, but there are many subjets. HBP report is 11 minutes long. :)

lcbaseball22
June 28th, 2009, 7:40 am
Jessie Cave seems like she will be a good Lavender Brown. I thought it was funny with her all over Ron when he is sittiny by the window.

Also there is a BTS shot during the Common Room scene where they are filming Harry and Hermione's reaction to the kiss and you still see Ron/Lavender but it doesnt look like they are kissing, it looks like they are faking it :lol:

Hmm, are they? I'll have to watch it again...looked to me like they had gone from kissing to hugging.
Couldv'e been that too, I'm not sure. I think it's a couple of seconds before the 6 minute mark

Here, I'll post a screencap and that should settle it. :p

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/hug.jpg?t=1246171181

Looks to me like I was right, they're hugging. If you watch it again, she's got Ron in a tight embrace and like rocking him side to side :lol:

Hmm, I'm wondering if this was perhaps a tactic to get them comfortable with being close to one another and kinda going through the motions before they actually started filming the kissing. :hmm: Cause the only difference is their lips aren't touching, heads off to the sides.

Either that or we will see them both kissing AND hugging in this sequence. I can't tell, does it look like they are filming those 2 there?

So, here you go! More translations!

At the burrow, Ginny says to Harry: "Open you mouth", then "Don't you trust me?".

In the Gryffindor common room:
Hermione: " The binding is fragile?"
Harry: "Yes."
Ginny, taking the book from Harry and opening it: "Who's the Half-Blood Prince?" Then she starts reading but I can't hear what she says.

Edit: The show is 50 minutes long, but there are many subjets. HBP report is 11 minutes long. :)

Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that all up :)

I'm watching it again right now. All of Ron's saves during tryouts are soo ridiculous/clumsy :rotfl: For God sakes, just catch the damn ball! :p

ally_xx
June 28th, 2009, 8:13 am
REFRAINING FROM WATCHING THIS NEW CLIP LOL!!! :rotfl:

Only 17 days to go, I'm not ruining anymore!!

lcbaseball22
June 28th, 2009, 8:25 am
Oh guys, I wanted to point something out. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, I can't recall anyways, if it was. :whistle:

In this French vid (at around 11 minutes) it looks like Ron collapses again after sitting up and presumably saying that line we've heard so much- "these girls, they're gonna kill me Harry" I know some of us thought it odd that he'd just pop right back up and crack a joke like this (myself included) so I find this a relief. That he is indeed still weak and thus needs to go to the hospital. I'm glad this works in context :tu:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/faint.jpg?t=1246173917

AccioHP
June 28th, 2009, 1:58 pm
Oh guys, I wanted to point something out. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, I can't recall anyways, if it was. :whistle:

In this French vid (at around 11 minutes) it looks like Ron collapses again after sitting up and presumably saying that line we've heard so much- "these girls, they're gonna kill me Harry" I know some of us thought it odd that he'd just pop right back up and crack a joke like this (myself included) so I find this a relief. That he is indeed still weak and thus needs to go to the hospital. I'm glad this works in context :tu:

That's a relief. Thanks for pointing that out.

Here, I'll post a screencap and that should settle it. :p

Looks to me like I was right, they're hugging. If you watch it again, she's got Ron in a tight embrace and like rocking him side to side :lol:

Hmm, I'm wondering if this was perhaps a tactic to get them comfortable with being close to one another and kinda going through the motions before they actually started filming the kissing. :hmm: Cause the only difference is their lips aren't touching, heads off to the sides.

Either that or we will see them both kissing AND hugging in this sequence. I can't tell, does it look like they are filming those 2 there?

Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that all up :)

I'm watching it again right now. All of Ron's saves during tryouts are soo ridiculous/clumsy :rotfl: For God sakes, just catch the damn ball! :p

Yeah that does look like they're hugging. I can't tell if they're being filmed though or not.

I thought maybe the video was longer too because it cuts off like that. Maybe that was the last part of it so they just cut it because there weren;t anymore clips from the movie. Idk.

CountWestwest
June 28th, 2009, 2:16 pm
That's a relief. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yeah that does look like they're hugging. I can't tell if they're being filmed though or not.

They are filming the Harry's and Hermiones's reaction. Rupert and Jessie are just "standing in" so the crowd can focus on their position and what they are doing.

Gaian
June 28th, 2009, 2:39 pm
Well, I was asked for more translation, so now ladies and gentlemen, Slughorn sitting room! :D
Slughorn: "Merlin's beard!"
Dumbledore:" I must admit that you are a very convincing armchair."
Slughorn:" All is in the canvas work. The padding is natural..." I love this one! :lol:

decarus
June 28th, 2009, 3:01 pm

Yeah, i noticed that. It made me feel better about the scene. I really thought Ron has to be unconscious at the end of this scene or it doesn't make sense as to why he is unconscious in the hospital.

Thranduil1990
June 28th, 2009, 4:00 pm
can anyone translate the conversation between harry and dumbledore in the 5 min. clip??? :p
and one more thing, do you know if fawkes is during harry's lessons with dumbledore?? I love fawkes, XD

CrazyMuggle
June 28th, 2009, 6:17 pm
I just watched the 10-minute french clip and thought it was great. Lots of new footage, particularly comic bits, and scenes of Ms. Ginny Weasley (is it me or does she look really cute in this film?) However by the time IESB.net releases their 10 clips I'll probably be overwhelmed with Half-Blood Prince-ness.

By the way I finally caught the new TV spot last night at around 2am on Comedy Central (of all places). I love Harry's delivery of "Sectumsempra" and the Quidditch scenes.
I just know that I'll need to grab those midnight showing tickets before their gone.

AccioHP
June 28th, 2009, 6:27 pm
I just watched the 10-minute french clip and thought it was great. Lots of new footage, particularly comic bits, and scenes of Ms. Ginny Weasley (is it me or does she look really cute in this film?) However by the time IESB.net releases their 10 clips I'll probably be overwhelmed with Half-Blood Prince-ness.

I'm not familiar with that site, do you know when they might release clips?

katana
June 28th, 2009, 6:55 pm
Well there is something that is played before it. The scene from the OotP at the end of the Ministry scene where Dumbledore and Harry walk out and they are taking photos of him.

The movie actually opens with Harry and Dumbledore at the Ministry - picking up from the end of OOTP and that goes into the HP logo. This five minute clip is after the logo I think.
Hey thanks! That's great to know!! That will help it not to feel so rushed right there. :tu:

Martok
June 28th, 2009, 7:17 pm
can anyone translate the conversation between harry and dumbledore in the 5 min. clip??? :p

Here you are:

DD: You've been reckless this summer.

Harry: I like to travel in trains. It's a great distraction.

DD: Looks rather unpleasant, doesn't it? The story behind it is quite thrilling, if I may say so. But we don't have time for this right now.
Take my arm.
Do as I say.

Harry: I just apparated, didn't I?

DD: Indeed! Exeptionally sucessful, I might add. Most people vomit the first time.

Harry: Funny, I wonder why!

DD: Welcome to the charming village of Budleigh Baberton. You probably wondered why I brought you here.

Harry: Sir, after all these years I sort of just go with it.

DD: Wands out!

tking
June 28th, 2009, 7:21 pm
Thanks for the translation, Martok.

aussiehottiemjm
June 28th, 2009, 7:56 pm
Hey aussie, one more question about the H/G kiss. How passionate would you say it is? More or less than the Harry Cho one? Is it shorter or longer, and do they actually do something with their arms, or do they just dangle there like in the Harry Cho one?I think it's more sensual and caring than, say, sexually passionate. I felt the Harry/Cho kiss was more of a crush kiss. This kiss has lots of meaning in it, Harry is completely trusting. It's also shorter and they don't do the cheesy camera spin.

aussiehottiemjm, thank you so much for your answers.:) I had wished to hear more details though, but I understand you canīt give away too much information. Now I can relax a bit about Dracoīs mission. Overall, did it seem naturally that Draco knew Dumbledore was at the astronomy tower? Why did he come alone? In the book, the death eaters were busy fighting the order. I think that would made it much easier and more cinematic to a film, but thatīs just my opinion. Perhaps I change my mind when I watch it:lol:He doesn't really come alone per se. The death eaters are close behind him, and when they get there, they give Draco an opportunity to finish, almost as if they're initiating him, because it would be his first kill. The movie's starting to lose it's detail in my memory, as I don't remember how Draco knows Dumbledore is there.

Whoa, you can see Ron on the floor right after he is poisoned and then Harry runs over to somewhere(probably to get the bezoar)

The Slug Club scene with Harry and Hermione looks good and funny when she eats the things that'll make her breath smell.
Also we see Ginny and Harry on the couch and she feeds him something.

I wonder what the scene is when Ginny taked the HBP book from Harry?Decarus is correct in saying the following, save for the fact that I don't believe Lavender was there:

I think the scene where she takes the book is an early scene in the film, probably that evening after the potions class. They read the paper. Lavander makes eyes at Ron while he sits on the couch. Then Harry asks about the Sectumsempra spell. Then she wants to know whose book it is. Then we see Harry won't give it to her, but Ginny takes it and reads 'This is the property of the half-blood prince'.

I love love love love love love that they included something like that in the film. Did they do that often?

Also, despite it's sometimes cheery tone, was there a persistent dark undertone in the film thanks to the cinematography?

How do you think the film balanced the light and dark (sorry if this has already been answered)?

And ONE more... what are the end credits like? Stylistically.Foreshadowing is so saturated in this movie! It's one reason I love it. Yates captures a lot of powerful shots.

That's what I love most about the cinematography! The lines themselves could be light, but the way it was shot and edited still holds onto that "these are dark times" kind of feel. I've said before that the movie maintains the book's integrity, it's themes and motifs, even though it has to change up some scenes. The light and dark was balanced well, though I think the balance between romance and HBP/Riddle could've been adjusted in favor of the latter.

The credits look like parchment with ink splatters; I think it's supposed to be the HBP's book. I like watching credits, so I sat through them all, but this style only lasts until "unit production." Then it goes to the classic black and white credits with scrolling text.

I got asked this question in an owl and thought I would post here in case it's repeated: Still no house elves in this flick.

luvtolaugh1234
June 28th, 2009, 8:17 pm
Wait, do Harry and Ginny do something with their arms or not? I HAVE TO KNOW!!!
I also find it interesting that you say Rupert didn't get to flex his acting skills, when most of the other test screeners said he did. I mean in OotP he had hardly any lines or anything to do, and in this one he's a much bigger focus and gets to be very funny.

DML1991
June 28th, 2009, 8:22 pm
Foreshadowing is so saturated in this movie! It's one reason I love it. Yates captures a lot of powerful shots.

That's what I love most about the cinematography! The lines themselves could be light, but the way it was shot and edited still holds onto that "these are dark times" kind of feel. I've said before that the movie maintains the book's integrity, it's themes and motifs, even though it has to change up some scenes. The light and dark was balanced well, though I think the balance between romance and HBP/Riddle could've been adjusted in favor of the latter.

The credits look like parchment with ink splatters; I think it's supposed to be the HBP's book. I like watching credits, so I sat through them all, but this style only lasts until "unit production." Then it goes to the classic black and white credits with scrolling text.

I got asked this question in an owl and thought I would post here in case it's repeated: Still no house elves in this flick.Like the credits in OOTP? Because while I liked the simplicity of them, I was hoping for something more creative here.

Does the ending credits begin with a fun music theme (like in OOTP) or a subtle or sad one (like GOF)?

lcbaseball22
June 28th, 2009, 8:36 pm
I also find it interesting that you say Rupert didn't get to flex his acting skills

Nope, only their lips touch. Sounds quite lame, doesn't it? I think it'll be even worse and more awkward than the Harry and Cho kiss. This appears to be little more than a peck. Ginny leans in and places her lips on Harry's...there is no embracing, no craddling of his/her neck, no stroking of the hair or face, etc. And to make matters worse, Harry just stands there like he's petrified and didn't feel a thing, doesn't care.

I'm no "shipper" but this could quite possibly be my least favorite part of the film :relax:

DML1991
June 28th, 2009, 8:48 pm
And to make matters worse, Harry just stands there like he's petrified and didn't feel a thing, doesn't care.Which given the circumstances, he shouldn't give much of a reaction. ;)

Elmo_Weasley_20
June 28th, 2009, 8:49 pm
Radio: millenuim bridge disaster. the navigation is interrupted during police diver still after victims searches. the surrounding range is secured. The mayor
Harry: Azkaban's new prisoner....in disgrace please....Malfoy's wife and son leave the Process...
Woman: The chosen-one ? Who is Harry Potter
Harry: oh nobody...a considerable idiot actually
Woman: Your newspaper is weird...I have recently thought a photo moved...
Harry : really? Woman: I was scared ....that I'm going mad
Harry: I've got a question....
Woman: 11pm....there I have conclusion here...then you can tell me more about the idiot
translation of the cafe scene

lcbaseball22
June 28th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Which given the circumstances, he shouldn't give much of a reaction. ;)

Perhaps not, but I already addressed this in a previous post:

Yes, I suppose he could be a bit "shell shocked" as they would call it when referring to war/battle...and that could take him a bit out of the moment. But then doesn't that beg the question (as meesha mentioned) why the filmmakers chose such a TERRIBLE time for this kiss. I mean afterall they not only altered the location and the style of the kiss...but also it's positioning in the time line. The "sunlit days kiss" in the book didn't occur until quite a few days later, right? So WHY did they make this decision to place what is in my opinion a kiss devoid of emotion directly after such a TENSE scene. My only guess is that (as I believe you said earlier) Ginny is attempting to comfort him.

I'm going to compare this to the scene in the new Star Trek film where Uhura comforts Spock after he totally loses it. That scene was sooo much more sensual than what we are hearing about this H/G kiss, in my opinion. Harry and Ginny are alone, afterall. Why couldn’t they make it more like the Star Trek scene and have her embrace him, kiss him softly, etc. Now something like THAT I would approve of :tu:

THIS is how a "comforting" scene should look, IMO...followed with the kiss, of course ;)

http://mljblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/untitled.jpg

And I still don't find it believe that all of a sudden he's lost his 5 senses (touch, smell, taste, sound, sight) Ok, I'll give him sight...cause his eyes are closed :p But actually that should mean his other senses are enhanced, right? At the very least he should be able to feel her lips :rolleyes:

Elmo_Weasley_20
June 28th, 2009, 8:55 pm
from what aussie has told us and translated pieces and over stuff ive put togther the first 5minutes of harry potter and the half blood prince if u want it on il paste it

DML1991
June 28th, 2009, 8:58 pm
Perhaps not, but I already addressed this in a previous post:

And I still don't find it believe that all of a sudden he's lost his 5 senses (touch, smell, taste, sound, sight) Ok, I'll give him sight...cause his eyes are closed :p But actually that should mean his other senses are enhanced, right?Completely different circumstances. Spock had just lost his mother and was the last of his race in existence, but Harry had just almost killed somebody, and you know, kinda didn't know how to react either way to what Ginny would try to do.

lcbaseball22
June 28th, 2009, 9:12 pm
Completely different circumstances. Spock had just lost his mother and was the last of his race in existence, but Harry had just almost killed somebody, and you know, kinda didn't know how to react either way to what Ginny would try to do.

They're both traumatic moments, same difference.

Besides, I wasn't attempting to directly compare them. Simply giving an example of how it should be done.

So Harry spends the entire film lusting over this girl and when something finally happens, he acts like he doesn't give a damn? :err: That's a bunch of bull, IMO. It makes absolutely no sense why he'd just let her walk away, without even acknowledging what just occured. He should want to get closer to her and leave with her, holding hands or something. Not completely ignore her and act is if he doesn't like it or her

So, what she kisses him for like a millisecond and then is gone in a flash? I mean come on, can he not feel her lips touch his, smell her hair, hear her breathing, etc? I just don't find that believable. At the very least you'd think he'd want to chase her down, that's ridiculous, IMO...

Thranduil1990
June 28th, 2009, 9:34 pm
Here you are:

DD: Looks rather unpleasant, doesn't it? The story behind it is quite thrilling, if I may say so. But we don't have time for this right now.
Take my arm.
Do as I say.

DD: Indeed! Exeptionally sucessful, I might add. Most people vomit the first time.

DD: Welcome to the charming village of Budleigh Baberton. You probably wondered why I brought you here.

thank you very much, it's great

lcbaseball22
June 28th, 2009, 9:44 pm
Here you are:

Take my arm.
Do as I say.

Cool, thanks for the translation. :tu: I'm thankful we have so many members that speak other languages :lol:

So, is Dumbledore saying this- "Looks rather unpleasant, doesn't it?" in regards to the billboard of the hott woman? I don't get it :hmm:

aussiehottie, didn't you say Dumbledore has a wisecrack about that?

boushh
June 28th, 2009, 9:51 pm
Completely different circumstances. Spock had just lost his mother and was the last of his race in existence, but Harry had just almost killed somebody, and you know, kinda didn't know how to react either way to what Ginny would try to do.

I agree. Add to that the fact that

Spoiler for the Star Trek film 2009
Uhura and Spock have an implied relationship that precedes this moment. Harry and Ginny have do not have this as of yet. Also, (this isn't directed at you DML1991) aussie said that she felt that it was a sensual kiss. I don't see how this can be a bad thing.

Personally, I'm going to wait before I get upset over stuff because we have not seen enough stuff in its completed form. Most of the full scenes that we have seen have been edited down even...

lcbaseball22
June 28th, 2009, 9:54 pm
Radio: millenuim bridge disaster. the navigation is interrupted during police diver still after victims searches. the surrounding range is secured. The mayor
Harry: Azkaban's new prisoner....in disgrace please....Malfoy's wife and son leave the Process...
Harry : really? Woman: I was scared ....that I'm going mad
Woman: 11pm....there I have conclusion here...then you can tell me more about the idiot
translation of the cafe scene

Oh, is this the translation of the waitress scene? Cool, I was wondering what they were saying there :)

That's not too bad actually. And after seeing the full footage of the "flirting" going on, I don't mind. It's kinda amusing and she's cute (other than the hair) But I was confused cause listening to the German I thought she like recognized him as the photo in the newspaper... :lol:

Noldus
June 28th, 2009, 10:07 pm
aussiehottiemjm wrote: He doesn't really come alone per se. The death eaters are close behind him, and when they get there, they give Draco an opportunity to finish, almost as if they're initiating him, because it would be his first kill. The movie's starting to lose it's detail in my memory, as I don't remember how Draco knows Dumbledore is there.
Perhaps there was no explanation at all?:hmm:

I canīt remember from the book how Draco brought the vanishing cabinet into the room of Requirement. How was this done in the film?

What happened after Snape killed Dumbledore? Did you like the way they did it? As you said, the way it was edited.

Can you tell a bit about the orphanage scene? Is this scene as choppy as the released scene was? Are the drawings of the cave shown?
What about this picture?
http://www.cosforums.com/picture.php?albumid=1064&pictureid=8980

Do Harry and Dumbledore discuss the memory afterwards?

decarus
June 28th, 2009, 10:14 pm
In the book the vainishing cabinet is broken, but is mentioned in OotP. The Weasley twins throw a Slytherin into it when he tries to curse them because they are part of the quidditch team. He gets stuck in it for months, but is finally able to apparate out of the cabinet and tells Draco about it. All he could remember was that sometimes he was at school and sometimes he was at the store Borgin and Burks or whatever. I would assume at some point the cabinet is placed into the Room of Hidden things possibly by Draco.

I don't really think they need to explain that in the film. The whole idea of why Draco is trying to fix the cabinet doesn't really make sense. I think his mission was to kill Dumbledore not to mend the cabinet so the deatheaters could get in. Unless the mission was kill Dumbledore or find a way to get them in so the deatheaters could do it which is possible.

lcbaseball22
June 28th, 2009, 10:30 pm
Snitcheeker has an article about the airdates for the HBO Half Blood Prince special! :D

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/hbo-first-look-half-blood-prince-airdates-65343/

Unfortunately, I don't get HBO (as I doubt many do, since it's not even on expanded cable) so hopefully this surfaces online as well :tu:

SwedishSkinJer
June 28th, 2009, 10:54 pm
Last questions, Aussie:

How were Dan's emotions when Harry cries near Dumbledore's body? Is it like the scene after he sees Sirius die? Does he hold Dumbledore's body at all and weep over it?

When Harry is chasing Snape after Dumbledore dies, what does Snape say after Harry calls him a coward? Does he look angry at all? Does he mention Harry using his spells as the Half Blood Prince?

How many scenes does Luna have in the film?

Last one: when Draco is struggling to kill Dumbledore, what does Dumbledore say to comfort him? Is it genuinely touching? Does he mention Voldemort or draco's parents?

DML1991
June 28th, 2009, 11:09 pm
So Harry spends the entire film lusting over this girl and when something finally happens, he acts like he doesn't give a damn? :err: That's a bunch of bull, IMO. It makes absolutely no sense why he'd just let her walk away, without even acknowledging what just occured. He should want to get closer to her and leave with her, holding hands or something. Not completely ignore her and act is if he doesn't like it or herHe doesn't act like he doesn't give a damn. It's something he wasn't expecting, people who have seen it already told us as much. And by the time he could have really reacted, Ginny clearly realized this wasn't the time for that. After such a traumatizing event, his reaction is perfectly reasonable.

CakeDude
June 28th, 2009, 11:09 pm
Some more questions:

- What route do the Death Eaters take through Hogwarts to end up in the Great Hall?

-What is the confrontion between Harry and Snape like during the films climax?

- What would you say were the most emotional scenes in the film?

- Does Greyback have any lines other than "Don't you smell clean"

- How do Harry and Dumbledore get off the rock in the middle of the sea to the entrance to the cave? Do they apparate or what?

- Is the battle during the Burrow attack similar to the Ministry fight in OotP? Which did you like better?

SwedishSkinJer
June 28th, 2009, 11:19 pm
Also, Aussie, do they mention that Harry is the Quidditch Captain. Does he choose Ron to be Keeper? How does Ron joining the team happen in the movie (assuming they explain it)?

Is the luck potion in this film? Does Harry use it with Ron during the Quidditch match, and when he wants to obtain the memory from Slughorn?

decarus
June 28th, 2009, 11:37 pm
Also, Aussie, do they mention that Harry is the Quidditch Captain. Does he choose Ron to be Keeper? How does Ron joining the team happen in the movie (assuming they explain it)? They have tryouts as they do in the book. I am pretty sure that they say that Harry is captain and Ron is chosen at tryouts because Hermione confunds McLaggen just as in the book.
Is the luck potion in this film? Does Harry use it with Ron during the Quidditch match, and when he wants to obtain the memory from Slughorn?
The lucky potion is in the film. The only class they show is a single potions class where Harry wins the lucky potion. He pretends to use it on Ron during breakfast and Luna catches him and says something. Harry then at the end of the match after they win shows it to Hermione proving he didn't actually use it.

He does use the lucky potion to get the memory just like in the book. I am not sure if the use of the lucky potion helps Ron break up with Lavander or if it helps Ginny break up with Dean. Though i think i remember people saying that it is never said that Ginny and Dean break up it is just assumed.

The whole scene with the dead spider and Slughorn and Hagrid drinking is in the film.

PhoenixxTears
June 29th, 2009, 12:28 am
Hi there, aussiehottie!
I've been reading this thread for days now, so I decided to join and ask you a question I've been longing to, haha.
First of all, you are so awesome for doing this!

Anyway, my question;
-- Approximately how long are the credits?

lol, I know it's random, but I just wanted to figure out how long the movie was without the credits! :)

Thank you! :D

Bscorp
June 29th, 2009, 12:51 am
Cool, thanks for the translation. :tu: I'm thankful we have so many members that speak other languages :lol:

So, is Dumbledore saying this- "Looks rather unpleasant, doesn't it?" in regards to the billboard of the hott woman? I don't get it :hmm:

aussiehottie, didn't you say Dumbledore has a wisecrack about that?

I think this is Dumbledore talking about his hand. No doubt harry asks about it or gives him a look.

Moshi
June 29th, 2009, 1:02 am
I'm so glad I found this forum. There is a real conversation going on! That's rare.

I've been reading the spoilers, thank you Aussie.

I got a few questions:

After Won Won and Lavendar break up, do we get a sense that Ron is turning his interest toward Hermione? I know since there is no funeral there will be no Hermione sobbing on Rons shoulder.

#2; I'm a huge trio fan. I miss the old times where we got decent trio screen time. I heard Emma wasn't in it much. Do we still get good trio action?

#3: I know Emma said this time she got to lighten up some. How did she do with the range of emotions Hermione experiences in this movie? The crying clip tugs my heart and the tartar of dragon looks funny.

#4: one reviewer said this movie could be Oscar worthy. Do you agree? Best picture? Acting nods?

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 1:11 am
:wow: Jeez, sooo many newbs :p

:welcome: to all the new members!

P.S. For further info you guys should check out the following thread (if you haven't already)

http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=117938

Warning: MAJOR SPOILERS. It is however a bit innacurate in areas and in need of updates...following clarifications given by aussiehottie

Hi there, aussiehottie!
I've been reading this thread for days now, so I decided to join and ask you a question I've been longing to, haha.
First of all, you are so awesome for doing this!

Anyway, my question;
-- Approximately how long are the credits?

lol, I know it's random, but I just wanted to figure out how long the movie was without the credits! :)

Thank you! :D

Good, question. I'm curious too. We had heard the runtime was 153 (which would be a minute longer than PS/SS), but then another page listed it as 163, so I'm confused :lol: She did mention though I believe that it was the 2nd longest film thusfar, so that's great to hear :tu:

Perhaps there was no explanation at all?:hmm:

I canīt remember from the book how Draco brought the vanishing cabinet into the room of Requirement. How was this done in the film?

Can you tell a bit about the orphanage scene? Is this scene as choppy as the released scene was? Are the drawings of the cave shown?
What about this picture?
http://www.cosforums.com/picture.php?albumid=1064&pictureid=8980

One of the vanishing cabinets was already in the Room of Requirement in the book (and The Twins use it on a Slytherin in OotP, which was unfortunately cut from that film), and I presume it'll be the same in the film. The other half of the connection is of course, at B&B.

And I believe she already answered those questions. Here is one of the responses:

Both versions released are shortened versions. The film is a little longer. Tom asks if he's a doctor, implying he's been expecting one because the caretakers think that there's something seriously wrong with him.

I obviously loved how well both Riddles captured Voldemort--but that's kind of the flaw, too, isn't it? Part of me was screaming at Dumbledore for being blind; he clearly craves power, no matter what it may take to achieve it.

ally_xx
June 29th, 2009, 1:53 am
I think this is Dumbledore talking about his hand. No doubt harry asks about it or gives him a look.

Yeah thats what I thought he might be saying as well. Dumbledore probably says that and then says something like "A thrilling tale, but it will have to wait until another time" Or something. I have no idea :lol:

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 2:02 am

Oh, yeah. I suppose that does make more sense :lol:

So then I guess Dumbledore's wisecrack was inaudible in the preview...but perhaps that's good cause aussie said it was a nice laugh:

Given the revelation about Dumbledore I found the following shot highly amusing :lol:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/magic.jpg?t=1246083038

Does Dumbledore (or Harry) make any remark as they are viewing this billboard of the beautiful woman? It looks to me (from behind anyways) that Dumbledore has his head tilted a bit like staring at it with a curiosity or something, I dunno :lol:

Dumbledore has the smart-alec remark. I won't spoil it because it's a nice laugh. :D

ally_xx
June 29th, 2009, 2:07 am
Can't wait to hear this smart-aleck remark :lol: :rotfl:

CakeDude
June 29th, 2009, 2:15 am
Some questions about the soundtrack.

- How was the music during the Cave scenes? The Burrow Attack?

- What melodies did Hooper reuse from previous soundtracks throughout the film?

- Did the music at to the tone/atmosphere of the scenes?

- What would you say was the most powerful piece of music in the film?

ally_xx
June 29th, 2009, 2:17 am
I'm guessing it might regard the waitress he was flirting with compared to the billboard. :lol: But yeah, I don't think I want that spoiled :p

Haha good old Dumbledore :)

I am most definitely not going to watch anything else when it is just over 2 weeks away!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! !!!

aussiehottiemjm
June 29th, 2009, 3:32 am
Suddenly wish I wasn't the only one on the board who's seen the movie.... =_=;

I also find it interesting that you say Rupert didn't get to flex his acting skills, when most of the other test screeners said he did. I mean in OotP he had hardly any lines or anything to do, and in this one he's a much bigger focus and gets to be very funny.Nope, only their lips touch. Sounds quite lame, doesn't it? I think it'll be even worse and more awkward than the Harry and Cho kiss. This appears to be little more than a peck. Ginny leans in and places her lips on Harry's...there is no embracing, no craddling of his/her neck, no stroking of the hair or face, etc. And to make matters worse, Harry just stands there like he's petrified and didn't feel a thing, doesn't care.

I'm no "shipper" but this could quite possibly be my least favorite part of the film :relax:The kiss is a good scene. Don't doubt what shots you have seen until the context is set up for you. I personally like how it symbolizes that this is a relationship based upon trust, not just like the crush he had in the previous films. And there's a reason he's standing still.

Like the credits in OOTP? Because while I liked the simplicity of them, I was hoping for something more creative here.

Does the ending credits begin with a fun music theme (like in OOTP) or a subtle or sad one (like GOF)?Approximately how long are the credits?The ending credits are approximately 6 minutes and uses a mix of the score, but it begins. I wouldn't say fun or sad, but all-encompassing? I liked it.

What happened after Snape killed Dumbledore? Did you like the way they did it? As you said, the way it was edited.Harry is still kind of shocked which is how the death eaters are out of the castle before he can catch up. I think that the way they did it worked really well. Remember that the death of Dumbledore is sort of Harry growing up; that he's not a kid anymore and this huge paternal figure in his life is no longer around to help him. The way it's edited and the scenes that follow help to communicate that.

Last questions, Aussie:

How were Dan's emotions when Harry cries near Dumbledore's body? Is it like the scene after he sees Sirius die? Does he hold Dumbledore's body at all and weep over it?

When Harry is chasing Snape after Dumbledore dies, what does Snape say after Harry calls him a coward? Does he look angry at all? Does he mention Harry using his spells as the Half Blood Prince?

How many scenes does Luna have in the film?

Last one: when Draco is struggling to kill Dumbledore, what does Dumbledore say to comfort him? Is it genuinely touching? Does he mention Voldemort or draco's parents?Dan portrayed Harry perfectly. You don't need to worry about his performance in any respect. It's not like when Sirius dies. When Sirius dies, that's really the first time someone he's both known and loved had been taken away from him. When Dumbledore dies, he's not "child-like" in his response. That's the best way I can put it. I think it's like Harry though, how he cares and wants to be emotional but now understands that everything's up to him and he needs to be strong.

I don't remember what Snape says, but he acts like a death eater. It plays out similarly to the book.

Luna's fun; even though she's not in the movie more than three or four scenes, she's totally lovable in them all. :)

I don't feel comfortable giving key lines to the movie away, but I'll say that Draco and Dumbledore's conversation before the latter's death got me crying.

Some more questions:
- What route do the Death Eaters take through Hogwarts to end up in the Great Hall?
- What is the confrontion between Harry and Snape like during the films climax?
- What would you say were the most emotional scenes in the film?
- Does Greyback have any lines other than "Don't you smell clean"
- How do Harry and Dumbledore get off the rock in the middle of the sea to the entrance to the cave? Do they apparate or what?
- Is the battle during the Burrow attack similar to the Ministry fight in OotP? Which did you like better?- They just... travel through the castle, like they own the place. So they go to where everyone fellowships I suppose.
- The confrontation is worth sitting through the first two hours to watch.
- I have mentioned before the three scenes during which I cried, but there was also a fantastic scene between Harry and Hermione about how it felt to watch the two they loved with other people. That scene is fantastic.
- I don't remember any of Greyback's lines, except that he always looked like he wanted to rip out someone's throat. Which I suppose is acceptable for a werewolf.
- I don't recall. A lot of the details are slipping.
- The Burrow battle is not a head-on attack like in the ministry. I've talked about it earlier in the thread.

After Won Won and Lavendar break up, do we get a sense that Ron is turning his interest toward Hermione? I know since there is no funeral there will be no Hermione sobbing on Rons shoulder.

#2; I'm a huge trio fan. I miss the old times where we got decent trio screen time. I heard Emma wasn't in it much. Do we still get good trio action?

#3: I know Emma said this time she got to lighten up some. How did she do with the range of emotions Hermione experiences in this movie? The crying clip tugs my heart and the tartar of dragon looks funny.

#4: one reviewer said this movie could be Oscar worthy. Do you agree? Best picture? Acting nods?The REASON Ron and Lavender break up tells you exactly who he thinks about when he dreams.
It's kind of hard for there to be a lot of trio when the book/movie kind of focuses on Dumbledore preparing Harry to be an adult. But There are a few good trio scenes, especially the one at the end.
Her talent has exceeded expectations and then some. This is the Hermione that we've been waiting for.

Some questions about the soundtrack.

- How was the music during the Cave scenes? The Burrow Attack?

- What melodies did Hooper reuse from previous soundtracks throughout the film?

- Did the music at to the tone/atmosphere of the scenes?

- What would you say was the most powerful piece of music in the film?As eerie as the inferi. The Burrow attack had a lot of movement and pace to it.
Hooper reused "Fireworks" a lot. Too much. Also hear a teensy bit of Buckbeak's and of course Hedwig's. Hooper's stuff was fantastic when it came to building pathos in the scenes, but he reused the old stuff too much for my taste. There's a difference between nostalgia and nonchalance. I felt like Hooper or whoever was overseeing the production of music didn't really care about how some songs from other movies have different meanings, and when you try to twist them for this movie, it just kind of robs the song of its significance. I'd really have to watch the movie again before I could determine which song proved to be the most effecting, as when it was combined with the action, some of the scenes were quite powerful.

Moshi
June 29th, 2009, 3:40 am
Thanks for taking your time. Much appreciated.

I still wish they would have dumped the burrow scene and kept the funeral.

ally_xx
June 29th, 2009, 3:41 am
Thanks for taking your time. Much appreciated.

Very much agreed :agree:

decarus
June 29th, 2009, 3:46 am
Forget the funeral. I wish they had kept the battle at hogwarts with the six kids and the order. Though i do miss the conversation that Harry had with Ginny during the funeral. That is the only part of the funeral i miss.

ally_xx
June 29th, 2009, 3:48 am
Forget the funeral. I wish they had kept the battle at hogwarts with the six kids and the order. Though i do miss the conversation that Harry had with Ginny during the funeral. That is the only part of the funeral i miss.

I really wish they were including the funeral. It's such a huge part in the book! And I wanted to see Ron crying whilst stroking Hermiones hair ... so sad!

Montse
June 29th, 2009, 4:00 am
This is the Hermione that we've been waiting for.
This is definetly good news.:)
Poster Hermione does not seem like I wish she would, I do hope her acting as Hermione shows us more of our beloved know it all. In the French tv spot Emma did say she had try to live up to the fanīs expectations. This pleases me enormously.
Me too, although the burrow attack seems to be quite good. I dont understand why they added the scene when something similar is supposed to happen in Hallows. I donīt understand Yates when he says he is avoiding repetition and he does stuff like this. Unless he is planning to invent also a new scene for Bill and Fleurīs wedding.

ally_xx
June 29th, 2009, 4:01 am
Me too, although the burrow attack seems to be quite good. I dont understand why they added the scene when something similar is supposed to happen in Hallows. I donīt understand Yates when he says he is avoiding repetition and he does stuff like this. Unless he is planning to invent also a new scene for Bill and Fleurīs wedding.

It will be interesting to see how the Burrow Attack works into the movie, and how it pans out. Should be good though I think :tu:

Montse
June 29th, 2009, 4:06 am
It will be interesting to see how the Burrow Attack works into the movie,
apparently it works quite well, dont pay attention to me :) I must confess I am a purist ,I wish they would stick to the story as it was wonderfully written. But I have learned to understand changes must be made.It is just a way to vent out and let my purist self adjust . All I can do is complain.:)

Sacred_Memories
June 29th, 2009, 4:07 am
Just one little question.

The scene between Draco and Dumbledore, did Draco mention his mother? (Please tell me he did!)

ally_xx
June 29th, 2009, 4:14 am
apparently it works quite well, dont pay attention to me :) I must confess I am a purist ,I wish they would stick to the story as it was wonderfully written. But I have learned to understand changes must be made.It is just a way to vent out and let my purist self adjust . All I can do is complain.:)

Oh I agree with you, I really wish they would have stayed true to the books. But hey, thats just our opinion :)

But if you say it works well, then I believe you :)

theprince18
June 29th, 2009, 4:17 am
You can't really have too many details from the book, or else the movie would be 3 to 4 hours long. I honestly wanted the funeral in the movie, but they did say they filmed it so the funeral may be in part 1 of Deathly Hallows, or it will at least be in the deleted scenes when the DVD comes out.

The Burrow attack scene looks fantastic to me. I think this is mostly a Harry/Ginny scene though, showing that Harry is willing to protect Ginny. It also shows that the wizarding world is not as safe as it was.

I really dislike the fact that they took out the Hogwarts battle scene at the end. That was one of my favorite parts of the book, but I know they want to cut it out because they don't want to confuse this battle scene for the final battle at the end of DH. Oh well.

ally_xx
June 29th, 2009, 4:18 am
I really dislike the fact that they took out the Hogwarts battle scene at the end. That was one of my favorite parts of the book, but I know they want to cut it out because they don't want to confuse this battle scene for the final battle at the end of DH. Oh well.

I dislike this as well :td: But like you said, oh well. They gotta do what they gotta do.

decarus
June 29th, 2009, 4:19 am
I really wish they were including the funeral. It's such a huge part in the book! And I wanted to see Ron crying whilst stroking Hermiones hair ... so sad!That is a good part too. The battle though. There was something about it just being the kids trying to fight the death eaters that i liked especially after the ministry battle in OotP was cut so short. Ah what would have been.

ally_xx
June 29th, 2009, 4:20 am
That is a good part too. The battle though. There was something about it just being the kids trying to fight the death eaters that i liked especially after the ministry battle in OotP was cut so short. Ah what would have been.

Yes, what would have been. And I wanted to see them share the Felix Felicis between them as well (even though we don't see that in the book) That would have been cool.

Sacred_Memories
June 29th, 2009, 4:20 am
I'm not too fussed about the battle being cut out, it would have been too repetitive for the movies. As for the funeral, I'm glad it got cut. They replaced it with a far more powerful and poignant scene that will be immeasurably more effective than the funeral.

ally_xx
June 29th, 2009, 4:22 am
I'm not too fussed about the battle being cut out, it would have been too repetitive for the movies. As for the funeral, I'm glad it got cut. They replaced it with a far more powerful and poignant scene that will be immeasurably more effective than the funeral.

I must admit, the music for Dumbledore's farewell sounds so intense and strong, just listening to a snippet of it made my eyes well up with tears, so I hate to see what I'll be like in the actual movie (which is just over 2 weeks away :D).

decarus
June 29th, 2009, 4:31 am
I am just ready to see HBP because i am sick of talking about it. It just seems like it has been forever. I am also ready for people to be more excited about DH because i totally am. I think i need to go to bed. Crazy people shooting off fireworks. It is still a week away and yet already with the fireworks.

ally_xx
June 29th, 2009, 4:37 am
I am just ready to see HBP because i am sick of talking about it. It just seems like it has been forever. I am also ready for people to be more excited about DH because i totally am. I think i need to go to bed. Crazy people shooting off fireworks. It is still a week away and yet already with the fireworks.

I am ready to see HBP too, and we don't have much longer to wait! So glad I have booked my tickets, and we also got to choose where wanted to sit, so I know for a fact we will have a good spot in the cinema. I don't think I am going to be able wait another whole year for the next installment though :lol:

theprince18
June 29th, 2009, 4:38 am
I am just ready to see HBP because i am sick of talking about it. It just seems like it has been forever. I am also ready for people to be more excited about DH because i totally am.

Agreed. It is like I already know what the movie is before I even see it. And the Deathly Hallows should be even better since they are splitting it into two parts and staying true to the book.

ally_xx
June 29th, 2009, 4:40 am
Agreed. It is like I already know what the movie is before I even see it. And the Deathly Hallows should be even better since they are splitting it into two parts and staying true to the book.

:agree:

I feel like I have seen the movie already, which is what I didn't want it to feel like! BAH! I wish I had stopped myself looking at all the spoilers!

theprince18
June 29th, 2009, 4:46 am

I feel like I have seen the movie already, which is what I didn't want it to feel like! BAH! I wish I had stopped myself looking at all the spoilers!

It's tough considering people are so curious about the film that they ask questions. It's so tempting that you can't ignore them.

Btw I saw another TV spot tonight as I was flipping through channels. :clap: I think it was the one with Harry saying Sectumsempra.

ally_xx
June 29th, 2009, 4:49 am
It's tough considering people are so curious about the film that they ask questions. It's so tempting that you can't ignore them.

Btw I saw another TV spot tonight as I was flipping through channels. :clap: I think it was the one with Harry saying Sectumsempra.

Yeah I know. So very, very tempting. Like chocolate :yuhup:

I'm glad I don't have a TV at work, otherwise I'd be channel surfing all day just to see a TV spot :lol: It would drive me insane!

But I am now ignoring everything that might reveal more than I want to know!

ArryGrotter
June 29th, 2009, 5:34 am
What I find really annoying is going to movie websites, etc. and seeing them call the film "...Half Blood Prince" :grumble: There's a hyphen!!!

:p

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 5:55 am

Don't worry, you've still only seen about 10%. Once the clips surface on IESB (assuming this based on GoF and OotP) and you watch those, then you can worry...then you'll have probably seen about 15%. :p It's a 153 (or 163) minute film guys! We've only scratched the surface :D

theprince18
June 29th, 2009, 6:07 am
Don't worry, you've still only seen about 10%. Once the clips surface on IESB (assuming this based on GoF and OotP) and you watch those, then you can worry...then you'll have probably seen about 15%. :p It's a 153 (or 163) minute film guys! We've only scratched the surface :D

But we've already heard what to expect during HBP, which is okay, but we sorta know what's going to happen.

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 6:10 am
But we've already heard what to expect during HBP, which is okay, but we sorta know what's going to happen.

Well, of course...we all read the book, didn't we? :p There's quite a few changes, additions, and cuts...but many scenes are quite canon :tu:

I put this together on June 1st...so it's a bit outdated now, but it gives you an idea anyways. Perhaps I'll update it when I get the time :lol:

Alright, here we go...

approximate times for the material we've seen thusfar. I hope this doesn't look too confusing, I split up by whole chapters at times and individual scenes at others. The individiual scenes are indented, the chapters aren't. Hopefully I didn't forget to account for any :whistle:
Opening Attack Sequence- 20 sec

Will and Won’t- 10 sec

Waitress Scene- 5 sec

Horace Slughorn- 35 sec

Excess of Phlegm- 10 sec

Spinner’s End- 5 sec

Draco’s Detour- 5 sec

Hogwarts Express Sequence- 35 sec

Snape Victorious- 10 sec

The Half Blood Prince- 20 sec

Hermione’s Helping Hand- 10 sec

Silver and Opals- 20 sec

The Secret Riddle- 2 minutes and 10 sec

Slug Club Meeting- 30 sec

Felix Felicis -50 sec

Library Scene- 15 sec

Sluggy's X-mas Party- 25 sec

X-mas at the Weasley’s- 10 sec

Burrow Attack- 30 sec

Sluggish Memory- 15 sec

Birthday Surprises- 1 minute and 15 sec

Hospital Wing Scene- 5 sec

Great Hall Lunch Scene- 5 sec

Sectumsempra- 5 sec

RoR Kiss- 10 sec

After the Burial- 5 sec

Horcruxes- 25 sec

The Cave- 40 sec

Lead Up To Hogwarts Invasion- 15 sec

Lightening Struck Tower- 10 sec

Flight of the Prince- 15 sec

White Tomb- 20 sec

TOTAL = approx. 12 minutes and 45 seconds (if I added right :lol:)

Alright, there you have it. See, take heart people...we've only seen a little over 8% of the film (if the 153 min. running time is legit) :tu:

theprince18
June 29th, 2009, 6:13 am
Well, of course...we all read the book, didn't we? :p There are quite a few film only scenes, but many scenes are quite canon :tu:

I put this together on June 1st...so it's a bit outdated now, but it gives you an idea anyways:

Yeah I read that post, but now you got to add on the first 5 minutes, which a lot of that has been seen in trailers, featurettes, etc. Thanks for clearing it up for me btw.

ArryGrotter
June 29th, 2009, 6:15 am
Yeah I read that post, but now you got to add on the first 5 minutes, which a lot of that has been seen in trailers, featurettes, etc. Thanks for clearing it up for me btw.

Actually, only maybe 1 or 2 minutes of that 5 minutes was new.

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 6:17 am

Yep, so as I said...we're probably up to about 10% now. The big thing that might have a lot of "spoilery material" (even though there are really no spoilers IMO since we've read the book) will be those full clips we are anticipating and then that UK special (which contained at least 10 minutes of footage for the last 2) Of course, this will depend on whether or not it's new material or recyled already seen footage.

DML1991
June 29th, 2009, 6:18 am
I'm glad they cut the battle. It was a very unnecessary action sequence, that also would have disrupted the emotional stakes after DD's death.

ArryGrotter
June 29th, 2009, 6:21 am
I'm glad they cut the battle. It was a very unnecessary action sequence, that also would have disrupted the emotional stakes after DD's death.

I actually agree. They can save the whole "Battle of Hogwarts" thing till DH2 :)

luvtolaugh1234
June 29th, 2009, 6:23 am
Hi aussie
When Lavender talks in the Hospital Wing scene "I happen to be his girlfriend!" and "What is she doing here?" does she actually talk in a voice like that in the whole movie?

And also, was the Nigel on the toilet in the Sectumsepra scene still in the film? I hope it wasn't!

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 6:29 am
I'm still ticked about the battle being omitted, but at least we know now there ARE protective enchantments around the school and Aurors on guard. So Dumbledore won't look like an incompetant fool leaving his students safety at risk when he goes off on his little adventure.

However, this begs the question, if there are Aurors guarding the school...WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY DOING?! Well, I guess even in the book nobody would have even known if Harry hadn't alerted the others to be on watch. So perhaps they just slipped by the Aurors cause they didn't expect them to enter from within. Whatever, I just hope they make up for it with the best friggen battle ever in Deathly Hallows.

ArryGrotter
June 29th, 2009, 6:33 am
The books shows that the Death Eaters outsmart normal Ministry Aurors, but their match are the Order, including their Aurors, so by having these Ministry Aurors not notice the Death Eaters coming in, it's actually quite canon :lol:

DML1991
June 29th, 2009, 6:40 am
I'm still ticked about the battle being omitted, but at least we know now there ARE protective enchantments around the school and Aurors on guard. So Dumbledore won't look like an incompetant fool leaving his students safety at risk when he goes off on his little adventure.

However, this begs the question, if there are Aurors guarding the school...WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY DOING?! Well, I guess even in the book nobody would have even known if Harry hadn't alerted the others to be on watch. So perhaps they just slipped by the Aurors cause they didn't expect them to enter from within. Whatever, I just hope they make up for it with the best friggen battle ever in Deathly Hallows.The aurors are there for the opening feast, just to make sure nothing slipped in. By the time we reach May in the school year and the Death Eaters have made several failed attempts to get through the school's protective enchantments, there's no reasoning to have aurors still in the school protecting it (they weren't even there in the book anyway). The threat is from the inside, not out. Logically. Seeing as there's no believed way to get in the school from the inside.

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 6:41 am
The books shows that the Death Eaters outsmart normal Ministry Aurors, but their match are the Order, including their Aurors, so by having these Ministry Aurors not notice the Death Eaters coming in, it's actually quite canon :lol:

Yeah, good point...I guess :lol:

So, really when you think about it they didn't omit the Battle perse. They omitted Harry figuring out what Draco was up to, giving his friends the Marauders Map and Felix, putting them on alert for suspicious activity, etc...and this leads to the consequence of the Battle being cut, since the changed circumstances allow Draco and the DE's to get in and out without being confronted by students and teachers.

So, where exactly are Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Luna, and Neville during all of this I wonder...if they aren't watching the corridors and such.

In the Common Room? Not that it really matters...just curious :whistle:

The aurors are there for the opening feast, just to make sure nothing slipped in. By the time we reach May in the school year and the Death Eaters have made several failed attempts to get through the school's protective enchantments, there's no reasoning to have aurors still in the school protecting it (they weren't even there in the book anyway). The threat is from the inside, not out. Logically. Seeing as there's no believed way to get in the school from the inside.

Yes, they were.

Well, Tonks was at least. I don't recall if any others were. But I think it was only Tonks and one other stationed around Hogwarts anyways.

ArryGrotter
June 29th, 2009, 6:44 am
So, where exactly are Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Luna, and Neville during all of this I wonder...if they aren't watching the corridors and such.

Ginny, Neville and Luna would all be in bed clueless. Ron and Hermione are waiting for Harry in the common room, clueless as well.

DML1991
June 29th, 2009, 6:46 am
Yes, they were.

Well, Tonks was at least. I don't recall if any others were. But I think it was only Tonks and one other stationed around Hogwarts anyways.Tonks was part of the Order. Whether or not she was a auror is besides the point, as I was obviously talking about Ministry appointed aurors. :p

Ginny, Neville and Luna would all be in bed clueless. Ron and Hermione are waiting for Harry in the common room, clueless as well.Yeah, Ron and Hermione would really only be waiting for Harry to come back and tell them what happened, not knowing what was about to happen.

Dumbledore knew, and so did Snape and the others involved. Dumbledore's trust in Snape is clearly what led him to not put up any extra protection inside the school, if anything, that adds to Snape's character arc and Dumbledore's trust of him that would seem to have been betrayed until we find out the full story in DH.

The thing I love about these changes, is that even if Yates and Kloves might have not went into as detail as some of us have, everything surrounding the cuts are solid. There's no plot holes resulting out of it, none at all.

That's saying quite a bit.

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 6:52 am
Tonks was part of the Order. Whether or not she was a auror is besides the point, as I was obviously talking about Ministry appointed aurors. :p

I was wrong, there was actually 4 Ministry appointed Aurors, not just 2...and yes, Tonks was one of them :relax:

“But what are you doing here, anyway?” Harry asked.
“I’m stationed in Hogsmeade now, to give the school extra protection,”
said Tonks.
“Is it just you who’s stationed up here, or — ?”
“No, Proudfoot, Savage, and Dawlish are here too.”
“Dawlish, that Auror Dumbledore attacked last year?”
“That’s right.”

This quote also supports the fact that there were Aurors guarding the school:

“What!” said Ron, goggling at Hermione. “But Hogwarts is
safer than their homes, bound to be! We’ve got Aurors, and all
those extra protective spells, and we’ve got Dumbledore!”
“I don’t think we’ve got him all the time,” said Hermione very
quietly, glancing toward the staff table over the top of the Prophet.
“Haven’t you noticed? His seat’s been empty as often as Hagrid’s
this past week.”

DML1991
June 29th, 2009, 7:22 am
I was wrong, there was actually 4 Ministry appointed Aurors, not just 2...and yes, Tonks was one of them :relax:

This quote also supports the fact that there were Aurors guarding the school:I'm talking about the night the battle happened. Not anything before then.

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 7:23 am
The thing I love about these changes, is that even if Yates and Kloves might have not went into as detail as some of us have, everything surrounding the cuts are solid. There's no plot holes resulting out of it, none at all.

That's saying quite a bit.

Well, that's not entirely true. There is a quite a large "plot hole" if they kept these lines in the final cut-

119 INT./EXT. COURTYARD - MOMENTS LATER - LATE DAY

Harry, Hermione and Ron walk.

HARRY
Hermione, is the Room of Requirement unplottable?

HERMIONE
If one wants it to be. Why?

HARRY
It would explain why I thought Malfoy was leaving the castle when he disappeared off the Map. He was going to the Room of Requirement.

HERMIONE
Of course, and that explains the Vanishing Cabinet as well!

So, if the trio are supposed to be completely clueless in the film version...they just FAILED with those lines right there :p

That begs the question why Harry didn't investigate further and those omitted circumstances (giving them the map, having them keep an eye on Draco and the castle, etc) become important. For Hermione to not be worried at this point, and just go off with Ron and wait in the Common Room for Harry to return, makes no sense. Especially when they notice the ominous sky outside and should be able to tell something bad is about to happen :lol: So, in my opinion they better have a damn good explanation for the trio dimissing their fears here.

Hermione even seems to realize Harry was right all along and agree with him- "Of course, and that explains the vanishing cabinet as well!"

Which, if I'm not mistaken is something she never did in the book. She didn't believe him till after the fact. I don't understand this change.

So I suppose then I have another question for aussiehottie-

Were those lines included in the final cut and if so what occurs after this? How do they explain that the trio are aware of suspicious activity within the castle but don't do anything about it? Is Harry ever shown trying to get into the RoR to see what Draco is up to, like in the book?

DML1991
June 29th, 2009, 7:27 am
Well, that's not entirely true. There is a quite a large "plot hole" if they kept these lines in the final cut-

So, if the trio are supposed to be completely clueless in the film version...they just FAILED with those lines right there :p

That begs the question why Harry didn't investigate further and those omitted circumstances (giving them the map, having them keep an eye on Draco and the castle, etc) become important. For Hermione to not be worried at this point, and just go off with Ron and wait in the Common Room for Harry to return, makes no sense. Especially when they notice the ominous sky outside and should be able to tell something bad is about to happen :lol: So, in my opinion they better have a damn good explanation for the trio dimissing their fears here.

Hermione even seems to realize Harry was right all along and agree with him- "Of course, and that explains the vanishing cabinet as well!"

Which, if I'm not mistaken is something she never did in the book. She didn't believe him till after the fact. I don't understand this change.

So I suppose then I have another question for aussiehottie-

Were those lines included in the final cut and if so what occurs after this? How do they explain that the trio are aware of suspicious activity within the castle but don't do anything about it? Is Harry ever shown trying to get into the RoR to see what Draco is up to, like in the book?That's a slight plot hole at most, not "large" by any means. Even in the book Hermione sometimes said that things Draco was doing was suspicious, but that didn't mean that he was really doing what Harry was certain he was.

As for the storming, I don't see how a bad storm would make them run around the school yelling "Death Eaters are coming! Death Eaters are coming!".

I mean, this is the same kid who walked around the school like he was all that but whenever something came flying his way, he'd wuss out faster than Neville.

ally_xx
June 29th, 2009, 7:30 am

Phew! So glad you said that, you have made me feel better lol :rotfl:

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 7:37 am
That's a slight plot hole at most, not "large" by any means. Even in the book Hermione sometimes said that things Draco was doing was suspicious, but that didn't mean that he was really doing what Harry was certain he was.

As for the storming, I don't see how a bad storm would make them run around the school yelling "Death Eaters are coming! Death Eaters are coming!".

I mean, this is the same kid who walked around the school like he was all that but whenever something came flying his way, he'd wuss out faster than Neville.

It's "large", IMO. Uhm, so now they have connected the mystery of the Vanishing Cabinet they saw him inquire about at B&B with Hogwarts...what do they think he's going to do with it? Use it for completely innocent means? :p A student was cursed by a necklace, Ron was poisoned...clearly something is fishy. Harry already suspects Draco of being a Death Eater. The only puzzle piece missing from the book then if I'm recalling correctly would be hearing Trelawny about Draco's gleeful celebration. But is that really necessary to take action? :relax:

Oh, and it's a very different looking storm. Have you ever seen a storm like this- "A VORTEX of CLOUDS swirls eerily in on itself"?! :err: :p

BTW, aussiehottie...there is some confusion over this shot, is this before or after the Dark Mark is cast?

It kinda looks like the mark forming, but many of us thought this was earlier, forshadowing what's about to occur:

http://www.mugglenet.com/images/hbplist/Ch27/27,darkmark.jpg

Besides, there is that bit in the script, that shows their reactions and worry. And this clearly looks like an "OH ****!" moment to me :lol:

http://www.mugglenet.com/images/hbplist/Ch27/normal_herr6565xz5.jpg

DML1991
June 29th, 2009, 7:54 am
Uhm, so now that they have connected the mystery of the Vanishing Cabinet they saw him inquire about at B&B with Hogwarts...what do they think he's going to do with it? Use it for completely innocent means? :p A student was cursed by a necklace, Ron was poisoned...clearly something is fishy. Harry already suspects Draco of being a Death Eater. The only puzzle piece missing from the book then if I'm recalling correctly would be hearing from Trelawny about Draco's gleeful celebration. But is that really necessary to take action? It's "large", IMO :relax:Why is there a need to have a action scene? Because Hermione and Ron are suspicious of Draco and goes as far as alarming everyone in the middle of the night? The battle was over the safety of the school, and we already know that Dumbledore was clearly entrusting everything to Snape, as once Snape killed Dumbledore, Bellatrix wasn't in charge here, Snape was. That's why Snape reacts with such shock when she lights Hagrid's hut on fire. There's a difference between blowing out the windows in the great hall to leave a mark, and burning a cabin where a teacher and his pet might be sleeping. The whole existence of the battle was so the death eaters wouldn't attack the children, but seeing as the timing in the film is so precise that Snape arrives before anything reaches that point, and for the death eaters their first and most important objective is to make sure Draco kills Dumbledore or they leave with him dead and gone. Is it a plot hole? No it's not. The battle only existed because of mild circumstances, but it was almost as if Rowling threw it in merely for the audience expecting a action scene at the end. Rather in the film, Yates and Kloves have clearly looked at the whole circumstances logically and re-arranged some of it to fit their decision to cut the battle, which would have bogged the film down, not added to it. There's more benefits from the battle being cut than there are if it was included.Oh, and it's a very different looking storm. Have you ever seen a storm like this- "A VORTEX of CLOUDS swirls eerily in on itself?!" :err: :p

Besides, there is that bit in the script, that shows their reactions and worry. This clearly looks like an "OH ****!" moment to me :lol:

http://www.mugglenet.com/images/hbplist/Ch27/normal_herr6565xz5.jpgSo? It's a clowd swirling in on itself, that doesn't mean anything bad is going to happen. It's the weather changing to the outside world, as we've been seeing, but that doesn't mean that something is going to happen. That and it's a exterior threat, not a inner threat, and the Death eaters have nothing to do with it. :)

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 8:08 am
Why is there a need to have a action scene? So? It's a clowd swirling in on itself, that doesn't mean anything bad is going to happen. It's the weather changing to the outside world, as we've been seeing, but that doesn't mean that something is going to happen. That and it's a exterior threat, not a inner threat, and the Death eaters have nothing to do with it. :)

I didn't say there was "need" for an action scene. Simply pointing out the plot hole that exists. If the plan is to have everyone be clueless about this threat, then they have hopefully eliminated those lines from the final cut. If not, then I expect to see some further investigation of their suspicions or something. And I'm not sure what you are talking about here. Sorry, but this is utter nonsense to me, what? :huh: The whole existence of the battle was so the death eaters wouldn't attack the children

Are we not considering Hermione, Ron, Luna, Neville, Harry, and Ginny as "children?" Teens, I guess. The purpose of the battle was acting upon their suspicions and defending the castle, IMO. And yes, to throw in an exciting bit...which I liked and hoped to be in the film. :sigh:

As for the storm:

I don't think that is how we are supposed to see it. It seems it is meant as forshadowing and as aussiehottie said the cinematography does a great job of this. But as for how the Death Eaters cause this I have no idea. Seems they can affect the weather in films though :lol:

DML1991
June 29th, 2009, 8:19 am
Sorry, but this is utter nonsense to me, what? :huh: Um, what part are you even talking about? You need to specify what you're meaning. Are we not considering Hermione, Ron, Luna, Neville, Harry, and Ginny as "children?" The purpose of the battle was acting upon their suspicions and defending the castle, IMO. And yes, to throw in an exciting sequence...which I rather liked and hoped to be in the film. :sigh:They're very matrure teenagers/young adults, the whole point of alerting the Order and the battle taking place was to defend the children at the school and prevent as many losses as possible.

The death eaters are there to encourage Draco to kill Dumbledore and that's it, Dumbledore plans to die and he knows what Snape will do after. As for the storm:

I don't think that is how we are supposed to see it. It seems it is meant as forshadowing and as aussiehottie said the cinematography does a great job of this. But as for how the Death Eaters cause this I have no idea. Seems they can affect the weather in films though :lol:... The point is, it's a forshadowing shot that almost metaphorically sets the climax up, but it's hardly a warning sign or anything. Nothing for Ron and Hermione to react off of, and certainly not something to make them less clueless about what might happen. They may have had suspicions about Draco when the vanishing cabinet came into play, but they didn't know when, and as far as they knew, only them and Harry would know besides the teachers that Dumbledore was going to leave with Harry for a few hours. Only Snape knew what was up, and there's an entire backstory on all of that, that has been mentioned several times already.

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 8:27 am
The point is, it's a forshadowing shot that almost metaphorically sets the climax up, but it's hardly a warning sign or anything. Nothing for Ron and Hermione to react off of, and certainly not something to make them less clueless about what might happen. They may have had suspicions about Draco when the vanishing cabinet came into play, but they didn't know when, and as far as they knew, only them and Harry would know besides the teachers that Dumbledore was going to leave with Harry for a few hours. Only Snape knew what was up, and there's an entire backstory on all of that, that has been mentioned several times already.

Yet they clearly do react. Did you see that shot? Oh, and the one of McGonagall looking worried as well. She knows something is not right, they all do. She would not have told the students "off to your houses, no dwaddling" if she didn't suspect a threat. :p Which also begs the question of what McGonagall did after this. Did she just go off and hide? I certainly hope not...that wouldn't be true to her character.

DML1991
June 29th, 2009, 8:42 am
Yet they clearly do react. Did you see that shot? Oh, and the one of McGonagall looking worried as well. She knows something is not right, they all do. She would not have told the students "off to your houses, no dwaddling" if she didn't suspect a threat. :p Which also begs the question of what McGonagall did after this. Did she just go off and hide? I certainly hope not...that wouldn't be true to her character.Uh, they were looking at very odd, stormy clouds. There was nothing to base an attack off from this. She saw very ominous clouds, she told kids to get back to their houses (which they shouldn't have been out that late anyway). And what does it matter what she did? She probably went in to get shelter from a possible strong storm, if she had seen something that suggested an attack... then she would have stood up and done something, but it was JUST ominous clouds. I'd go get under a roof and settle down for a possible stormy night, myself... as would anyone.

[staff edit]

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 8:48 am
I suppose we should hold off further debate on this until we’ve both seen the actual film (:lol:)…then we can figure out who is right :p

ArryGrotter
June 29th, 2009, 10:36 am
I saw 2 more TV spots tonight! :D (During 3 News and Desperate Housewives) This time I manage to figure out which they were, cos here they edit the ending slightly - they were the newest 'Dangerous' and also "Challenge"

July is only 2 days away now! :D

GinnyPotter15
June 29th, 2009, 10:59 am
Last night i saw the HBP commercial again!
so exciting.
Time seems to pass even faster lately, normally it slows down once it gets closer.

Elmo_Weasley_20
June 29th, 2009, 10:59 am
this is a spoiler i ahve compiled form this thread look at your own risk
The movie starts with the studio logo. It is then followed by the photographers and Harry and Dumbledore.
The film opens with the title, which desolves into the clouds out of which comes a disturbance. People inside an office buiding notice it. As it turns out, the disturbance are a couple of death eaters, including Fenrir Greyback. After a few sweeping shots of London, the death eater's find their way into Diagon Alley by smashing through the enchanted wall. They head directly to Ollivanders, which they destroy and capture the shop owner. This follows the destruction of the Millenium Bridge, muggles are walking on the bridge then suddenly it starts to rock, then suddenly out of nowhre deathe atrs appear in stealth mode destroying the bridge.
Next we are in a café at a subway station.
Radio: millenuim bridge disaster. the navigation is interrupted during police diver still after victims searches. the surrounding range is secured. The mayor.
Harry reads the Daily Prophet. The article is about Lucius Malfoy's trial. Harry reads aloud for the audience that Narcissa and Draco left the courtroom in protest after they sentenced Lucius to be imprisoned in Azkaban and that and how the new Minster was promising new, swift actions against the Death Eaters.
Harry : really?
Woman: I was scared ....that I'm going mad
Woman: My shift finishes at 11 then you can tell me more about this idiot Harry potter.
Harry checks his breath and then swallows something a mint drop which he has just taken out of this pocket.
Harry walks gets up walks over to the window as they have just fogged up wipes the fog way and Dumbledore has appeared on the other platform.
Harry walks over to Dumbledore.
DD: Looks rather unpleasant, doesn't it?
The story behind it is quite thrilling, if I may say so. But we don't have time for this right now.
Take my arm.
Do as I say.
Harry and Dumbledore apperate to Budleigh Baberton
Harry: Actually,Sir, after all these years I sort of just go with it.
They head to Slughorn's house, which has a broken front door

SwedishSkinJer
June 29th, 2009, 12:13 pm
Would you call this an improvement over the fifth (and former) film, Aussie?

Noldus
June 29th, 2009, 12:28 pm
Would you call this an improvement over the fifth (and former) film, Aussie?

I think Aussie said that most people will like this film and think it has improved from the fourth and the fifth film. It was her second favourite after POA I believe.

Willz
June 29th, 2009, 2:53 pm
I've just seen a trailer i've never seen before. There's a couple of new lines from Dumbledore in it, a new quidditch scene, and showing Harry hitting Malfoy with Sectumsempra.

hbponjuly15
June 29th, 2009, 2:56 pm

By the way I finally caught the new TV spot last night at around 2am on Comedy Central (of all places). I love Harry's delivery of "Sectumsempra" and the Quidditch scenes.
I just know that I'll need to grab those midnight showing tickets before their gone.

i got the midnight showing tickets and they are beeeuuattiiifffffffuuuuuulllllllllllllll and actually..its at 12:05 4 me[no idea why ] and that french clip looks soo good..2 bad it wasnt in english[and 2 bad im learnin french next year..]yea i thought the quidditch hoops look cool..and too bad they didnt make ron a quidditch player in the ootp...then again they never made him and hermione prefects..but om merlin tis movie looks good!!:lol:

Montse
June 29th, 2009, 4:51 pm
I am just ready to see HBP because i am sick of talking about it. It just seems like it has been forever.
I HAS been forever decarus, It in deed has.
I was wondering last time if the film had not been delayed have we have had so much info or footage. Master agrees we would not have.But you see, I donīt mind the talking, it helps me understand other peopleīs views and I love discussing about it.When I finally get to see the film, it will be like watching it along the company of other fans like me .Even though I will see it with my hubby ( he has no choice but go with me ) it will feel like If I am watching it with all my dearest friends from here. I know I will notice details I had not noticed in other films. For instance I before could not care less about the Hogwarts grounds, now I know that I will notice itīs distribution.(thanks to a long discussion Scott and Aaron had here ) I will notice the Colors and the music so much more than I did before.
I will think of David (countwestwest ) and Vince ( Master ) whenever Luna appears- I will hate the kiss,Knowing Meesha, Scott (LC ) and other guys hate it as much as I do . I will wait for the deliverance of the " I am not worried Harry " knowing many of you awaited those lines as much as I did.I will undoubtedly have in mind the l LIST and all the work it implied and of course think of Master, Arry and LC ( I will have all Princewatch people in mind ) And I could go on forever...
My point , discussing it here has enabled me to whenever I finally get to see it , the feeling will be like if I am watching it with friends (not only with my I have no choice hubby ) who by the way is sweet enough to take me.
It will be like I was telling my good friend Gaian, like being together in spirit.:)

CrazyMuggle
June 29th, 2009, 5:00 pm
I'm not familiar with that site, do you know when they might release clips?

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I believe IESB.net release their 10 or more clips about a week before the movie is released.

Sesquipedalian
June 29th, 2009, 5:27 pm
I've just seen a trailer i've never seen before. There's a couple of new lines from Dumbledore in it, a new quidditch scene, and showing Harry hitting Malfoy with Sectumsempra.

:wow:

Is this really a new trailer, or is it merely that French behind-the-scenes programme that I did not watch, and thus haven't the foggiest as to its content? Or is it in the new Italian behind-the-scenes programme? Because, if it is a new trailer, where did you find it?

I probably wouldn't watch it, anyway, as we are so close to the actual release of the film.:p

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 5:39 pm

Actually HITTING him?! Cause we've seen quite a few where they throw spells back and forth and Draco runs ot his left and avoids. I dunno, it sounded to me like you were simply talking about a trailer you hadn't seen yet (but the rest of us have) Where did you see it? Link?

Montse
June 29th, 2009, 6:01 pm
Originally Posted by DML1991
Uh, they were looking at very odd, stormy clouds. There was nothing to base an attack off from this. She saw very ominous clouds, she told kids to get back to their houses (which they shouldn't have been out that late anyway). And what does it matter what she did? She probably went in to get shelter from a possible strong storm, if she had seen something that suggested an attack... then she would have stood up and done something, but it was JUST ominous clouds. I'd go get under a roof and settle down for a possible stormy night, myself... as would anyone.
128 INT. COMMON ROOM - SAME TIME - NIGHT

Darker than usual. The fire muted. Ron and Hermione sit together. Silent. Glance toward the window, the sky beyond.

129 INT. HOSPITAL WING - SAME TIME - NIGHT

Draco's face, skin glimmering with the light crawling across the ceiling above him. He stares, unblinking, swings out of the bed. Bare feet--Draco's--drop to the tiles.

130 INT. CORRIDOR - MOMENT LATER - NIGHT

The choir echoes eerily. SIXTH YEARS, little more than SHADOWS, hang out, giggling in dark corners. Malfoy glides by in his bare feet. Unnoticed. A ghost.

May I say something about this little discussion of you guys?:whistle:
I think Hermione and Ron realize danger is comming when they look at the clouds . Now it is unlikely these two would have stayed in their safe common room and do nothing, being them, they would have gotten out and try to stay vigilant. I wish Harry had chosen to give them the map like in the book, that way they could have tailed Malfoy once he left the Hospital wing.

Then they either could have attacked him alone or ambushed them when they exited the RoR. Draco could have used the Darkness Powder as in the book and it all would have happened much the same way. They still avoid repetition , this way there is no fight , but at least Ron and Hermione still true to their characterīs personalities.

I honestly do not mind if I am right or not, the map not being included is a big problem. IMO People should wonder why they are not using it, that is if they are smart enough to recall such a map exists .So actually the way they have done it in the film does create problems for us the fans who wish they could manage to stay true to the charaters personalities.But anyway, what is done is done.

Willz
June 29th, 2009, 6:06 pm
:wow:

Is this really a new trailer, or is it merely that French behind-the-scenes programme that I did not watch, and thus haven't the foggiest as to its content? Or is it in the new Italian behind-the-scenes programme? Because, if it is a new trailer, where did you find it?

I probably wouldn't watch it, anyway, as we are so close to the actual release of the film.:p

Actually HITTING him?! Cause we've seen quite a few where they throw spells back and forth and Draco runs ot his left and avoids. I dunno, it sounded to me like you were simply talking about a trailer you hadn't seen yet (but the rest of us have) Where did you see it? Link?

It was on an advert here in the UK. It actually shows Malfoy getting hit but not the aftermath of it. I've looked for it on youtube but there's so many now I can hardly tell one from the other.

hbponjuly15
June 29th, 2009, 6:30 pm
It was on an advert here in the UK. It actually shows Malfoy getting hit but not the aftermath of it. I've looked for it on youtube but there's so many now I can hardly tell one from the other.

malfoy got hit??? well i saw the funy part when ron got hit by books from hermione it was funny...

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 6:31 pm

Then they either could have attacked him alone or ambushed them when they exited the RoR. Draco could have used the Darkness Powder as in the book and it all would have happened much the same way. They still avoid repetition , this way there is no fight , but at least Ron and Hermione still true to their characterīs personalities.

I completely agree with you, Monste :agree:

You know what's odd? In regards to Instant Peruvian Darkness Powder...well it's included in the WWW script, which I thought long ago might be indication of setting it up for Draco using it during the Battle, but if that is all cut then I presume the powder was as well. Draco really wouldn't have any use for it if nobody confronts them, right? So this mention in the script is really just a throw away reference I guess:

Harry eyes a display of ORANGE AND BLACK LUMPS.

HARRY
Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder?

FRED
A real money spinner that.

GEORGE
Handy if you need to make a quick escape. Hello ladies!

George drops one of the lumps in Harry's hand, turns to Ginny and Hermione, who peruse a display of "Wonder Witch Love Potions."

aussiehottie, if you return....do you recall that bit remaining in the final cut? :whistle:

hbponjuly15
June 29th, 2009, 6:33 pm
I think Aussie said that most people will like this film and think it has improved from the fourth and the fifth film. It was her second favourite after POA I believe.

i think it is a major improvement looking film...the whole film has a dark setting[lighting] which makes more brilliant.And it should seem that they would improve in acting...and the whole more presence of bellatrix dumbledore and luna make it so utterly awesome!

that book quotes u just put in r awesome!!!

that book quotes u just put in r awesome!!!

Lady Elven
June 29th, 2009, 6:39 pm
I saw a trailer last night, not a lot of new things but one thing that was new was a shot of the outside of WWW, its behind the credits. I'm trying to find it but I don't think its been posted yet.

Sesquipedalian
June 29th, 2009, 6:50 pm

Ah, I thank you for enlightening us as to that. I was frightened that I had missed some important news related to Half-Blood Prince.

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 7:13 pm
Oh God, again?! Well, they say they are going to be NEW this time :hmm:

ABC Family are reportedly going to air new behind-the-scenes footage from Half-Blood Prince, as well as cast interviews, during their latest Harry Potter Marathon. The first four films will be aired from July 10th through to July 12th.

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/abc-family-air-half-blood-prince-behind-scenes-footage-65363/

Event Features Exclusive Never-Before-Seen Footage And Interviews With The Cast Of "HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE"

To help all Potter-philes gear up for the July 15th opening of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," fans can catch up on all of the magical mischief at Hogwarts when ABC Family airs the first four films of the franchise during its summer "Harry Potter Weekend," airing Friday, July 10 through Sunday, July 12.

On top of reliving their favorite wizard moments, ABC Family will also be airing exclusive featurettes, with never-before-seen footage and cast interviews, from "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" throughout the weekend's 3-day event. Stars Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson and Tom Felton take viewers deeper into the world of "The Half-Blood Prince" by discussing what Malfoy is really up to in the film, Ron's new sports adventure, and how Hermione is dealing with Ron's new main squeeze. So be sure to grab your chocolate frogs and pumpkin juice, because this event is a must see for Muggles and Wizards alike!

http://realitytvwebsite.com/RealityTVNews/ABC-Family-Hosts-A-Magical-Weekend-Full-Of-HARRY-POTTER-Films-On-July-10-12-To-Gear-Up-For-The-New-Film-s-Summer-Release.html

There is also this, the video is pretty poor quality but it's says the full thing is to be aired soon, so maybe a better quality will surface:

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/video-italian-half-blood-prince-behind-scenes-show-65361/

Melfina
June 29th, 2009, 7:19 pm
Oh no, the first 5 minutes of the movie in German have been taken down : ( I've only watched the trailers and read the spoilers here, so I feel I haven't missed out, though I still would have liked to see the first 5 minutes. Off to see if I can find a pic of Narcissa Malfoy....

alwaysme
June 29th, 2009, 7:21 pm
Oh no, the first 5 minutes of the movie in German have been taken down : ( I've only watched the trailers and read the spoilers here, so I feel I haven't missed out, though I still would have liked to see the first 5 minutes. Off to see if I can find a pic of Narcissa Malfoy....

Yeah it's not allowed to be posted here due to copyright laws.

I don't think you missed much honestly.

Melfina
June 29th, 2009, 7:29 pm
Yeah it's not allowed to be posted here due to copyright laws.

I don't think you missed much honestly.

Yeah....darn copyright infringement laws!

This is actually the first Potter movie where I haven't constantly looked up news on it and searched for new details on a daily basis. Probably because since the last book came out and we all know how the Potter series end, I haven't had any motivation to keep up. But now that another movie is coming out soon I get all psyched up, re-read the book the current movie is based upon and even listen to the audio version.
What bothers me is why they always chose to make it come out in the middle of the week. I'd love to see a midnight screening, but not when it's on a Tuesday night and I have to get up at 7am to go to work :sigh:
EDIT: omg. I just saw pictures of Narcissa Malfoy for the first time (on Wikipedia). No. Just no. What's up with the mound of gray on top of her hair? It looks like an animal crawled up on her head and made it's home there.

PhoenixxTears
June 29th, 2009, 7:35 pm
aussiehottie, sorry to bother you again, hehe.
-- How many times did Harry and Ginny kiss? Was it just that main kiss in the Room of Requirements, or were there any more pecks/quick kisses after that?
-- And approximately how many times did Ron/Lavender kiss? Is it "every single second" like the book?

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 7:58 pm
I saw a trailer last night, not a lot of new things but one thing that was new was a shot of the outside of WWW, its behind the credits. I'm trying to find it but I don't think its been posted yet.

Are you sure it was a trailer and not just a TV spot? :hmm: Cause there is this one (in German) that was posted here-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4IDM7QHcAE&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecosforums%2Ecom%2Fshowthre ad%2Ephp%3Fp%3D5340400%26highlight%3Dwabbit&feature=player_embedded

And at the end it has this shot-

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/untitled-5.jpg?t=1246010696

Is that the shot of the outside of WWW you are referring to? If so, I'm guessing you simply saw the English version of this TV spot...the same one everyone else is talking about where he actually says the Sectumsempra spell. I'd love to see this in English though :lol:

JoAdams
June 29th, 2009, 7:59 pm
Hello guys! I am new here and I'd like to tell you that the forum is amazing. All the Harry Potter fans together. :)

Well I was reading this huge thread and I saw that aussiehottie has seen the film. Well I really hope you enjoyed it. ;)
It seems that you really liked it which is sooooooooo positive.

Anyway I'd really really love it if you could answer my questions:

Well I have to say that when I learnt that the duel scenes (because it wasn't a battle) at Hogwarts were omitted from the film, I was damn angry. But aussie you said that the climactic chase was done very well and it should have kept you on the edge of your seat. I'd love it if you could give any detail you remember from the 'traveling in Hogwarts' of the Death Eaters (the traveling sounds quite ridiculous but anyway haha!)!

So we have seen two things only:

1. The Death Eaters walk down a long corridor
2. Bellatrix smashes the Great Hall (which seems quite spectacular)

I remember that when the test screeners in September tried to describe the scene they said that we don't see any Order VS DEs battle but we see a new and better scene: the Death Eaters destroy parts of the castle. Do you remember what kind of parts they destroy except the Great Hall (which was not a finished scene that time!)?
Like corridors, staircases, glass windows, towers, courtyards...what do they destroy?

And is their scene at the castle long or is it like a brief montage of small scenes?
I hope it's long because the Astronomy Tower is far from the Grounds so they've got to pass through a lot of places! Any detail would be so welcomed!!

Furthermore, does Harry walk up to the balcony to see beyond the Tower and truly realise that Dumbledore's dead? Or does he immediately runs after the Death Eater? And does he catch up with them at any part of the castle or is he constantly running in other parts?

Oh and do we see Dumbledore freefalling? Or just a brief shot? (If it's a freefall I hope the cinematography is nice!)

Two final questions and I am sorry if I bother you but it's the only sequence we know almost nothing about it!

What happens at the Grounds? Do we just see Bellatrix burn the Hut and it cuts to Snape VS Harry or do we see them running down the slopes and Harry running down the bridge and the slopes following them?
And does Harry briefly duel ( like shooting spells) to anyone?

Now about Snape VS Harry! You said that it's worth waiting the 2 hours! Which sounds so promising! So is it a long and impressive duel or not?

Finallyyyy (I feel really guilty :( )
We've seen a brief scene of Harry running through some trees...so does he run in the forest heading to the Gates? Does he put the fire out at Hagrid's Hut? And do we see the Death Eaters apparating/ flying in smoke plumes over the castle or something like that?

Oh I know you'd find it tiring to answer but please...we know very little about this sequence! I hope you'll answer!

Thank you so much for all your answers! Thank you!

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 8:06 pm
Wow, more newbs...good questions though :p

:welcome:

And is their scene at the castle long or is it like a brief montage of small scenes?
I hope it's long because the Astronomy Tower is far from the Grounds so they've got to pass through a lot of places! Any detail would be so welcomed!!

:rotfl:

I just found this really funny, cause like many versions ago ArryGrotter and I were trying to figure this out and map out the route they would take through the castle, depending on where they placed the Astronomy Tower. Oh, and MoD of course was talking about the editing and how they'd probably not show them running through the castle but simply cut from the tower to the next shot of them outside on the grounds :lol: We were also wondering if they run across the bridge to reach Hagrid's...don't they HAVE to? So, I'd like to know this too. :tu:

EDIT: WOW, I found em. I thought this version was one of those "eaten by the nargles"

A bit of All Inclusive HBP Movie Thread nostalgia for you guys...from all the way back on V.6 :wow:

Now as far as HBP is concerned I've been wondering...do you guys realize how LONG of a run that'll be for Harry from the Astronomy Tower to Hagrids? Do you think they'll change Hagrids Hut location again? :lol:

These are the run paths I thought are options:
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll156/Arry3G/runpaths.jpg

Knowing Mark Day, he'll probably just cut the chase right from the castle to the very edge of the grounds. :err:

Redefining the term 'cut to the chase'.

:lol: :rotfl:

JoAdams
June 29th, 2009, 8:43 pm
Thank you lcbaseball!

Well if you see the new videogame trailer you can see that the Astronomy Tower is in front of the 'twin towers' which are far away from the Clock Tower/Great Hall parts of the castle. It must be between Umbridge's Office tower and the Greenhouses place. It would be really stupid to show few corridors and cut to the Great Hall and then cut to the Grounds. It would be completely unrealistic and the editing will be so bad that it'll distract our attention from the tension and the importance of the whole sequence.

Anyway I hope aussiehottie will answer! :)

decarus
June 29th, 2009, 8:47 pm
Ok, the map really made me laugh. I don't know what to tell you. I think you have a good route.

I never understood why they walked through the great hall. Do you think they come through a door near the teachers table in the great hall and then exit the main entrance? I think that is the only thing that makes sense because otherwise Snape wouldn't go in there unless Bellatrix just sidetracks in order to cause destruction.

I would think that Harry must run past other students because why would they come outside otherwise. I would think they woke up when Bella blew the windows out of the great hall, but they would go there and not outside. We know they end up outside near the tower for the wand raising scene.

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 8:51 pm
Wow, we discussed the layout of the grounds for 9 PAGES?! :rotfl:

For anyone who's interested the discussion started on page 60 and went up through page 69...on V.6 of the thread. :lol:

The reason the whole discussion came up is cause in the book Hagrid's Hut was located on the grounds right outside the Entrance Hall, right? Well, for the films (ever since the changed castle with the bridge and all from PoA onwards) this won't work, as I said back then:

Originally Posted by PureBloodGirl
Okay, yeah seriously people. What is with all the arguing and trying to figure out castle plans and everything. First off it's just a movie and second it's more about the plot, the action, the romance, and the rage than the castle plans. I mean really. Can't you see me and jammi's points?

Well, I'm just really interested to see how they are going to use the Castle layout for HBP and DH during the Battles

And I suppose I just like looking at the technical side due to my architecture and engineering classes :lol:

But really, the original Hogwarts from SS and CoS was set up A LOT better for this, it actually had Grounds and an Entrance!

I mean for the Battle of Hogwarts in DH the only way to gain access to the Castle from the Ground will be to cross the BRIDGE!

Voldemort's Entire Army will get bunched up trying to cross the Bridge, and how do you expect the Giants, Acromantual, etc to get across?

I really forsee a lot of problems with current Hogwarts, so I hope they have something creative up their sleeve

Originally Posted by Montse
And besides,the audience doesn't even know about the Hogwarts grounds,or cares,so however they make the scene ,only us would notice inconsistencies and stuff relating the grounds,not that they care we would.

Yeah, but do you want them to simply run through the corridors down the Grand Stairs out into the Courtyard and APPARATE???

They will HAVE to RUN ACROSS THE BRIDGE, unless HAGRID is MOVED or they CHANGE the CASTLE/do something really STUPID

Such as having them Apparate from the Courtyard, because they didn't explain Apparition Rules of Hogwarts and the Audience won't know
Here is the layout of Hogwarts in PS/SS and CoS, which is much more accurate with the book layout:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/hogwarts_map.jpg?t=1209776296

Thank you lcbaseball!

Well if you see the new videogame trailer you can see that the Astronomy Tower is in front of the 'twin towers' which are far away from the Clock Tower/Great Hall parts of the castle. It must be between Umbridge's Office tower and the Greenhouses place. It would be really stupid to show few corridors and cut to the Great Hall and then cut to the Grounds. It would be completely unrealistic and the editing will be so bad that it'll distract our attention from the tension and the importance of the whole sequence.

Yeah, and I'm really confused by them going through the Great Hall...cause that is on the complete OPPOSITE side of the Bridge. :hmm:

We also can see the Astronomy Tower in the film trailers:

http://www.mugglenet.com/images/hbplist/Ch27/27=hogwarts.jpg

BTW, I'm pretty sure ArryGrotter's yellow path on that map (with the Astronomy Tower placed above the Transfiguration couryard) should be the correct one. Isn't this the Transfiguration courtyard Dumbledore is falling towards?

http://www.mugglenet.com/images/hbplist/Ch27/27snapekilleddumbledore.jpg

And for those confused, like I was...Arry clarified it for me. This would be the most direct route out (notice the Great Hall isn't listed) Um, could you explain it maybe step by step:

It seems you have them going from the 2nd floor UP to the 3rd floor or something like that

I don't know it's a bit confusing to follow that map because they try to put all the floors and everything on it in 3D
Yellow path:
Start at Transfiguration
go up the stairs to the Second Floor, Library side
Go further up stairs to DADA staircase
Go down those stairs and across a bridge to the third floor
Go up the stairs to the grand staircase (You're on Floor 3)
Go up to Floor 4 and go to the clock tower
Desend down the clock tower and run across the bridge to the stone circle.

Hogwarts is madness :lol:

EDIT: Jeez, guess I killed the thread with my technical analysis and nostalgia :lol:

TheVeilofDeath
June 29th, 2009, 9:26 pm
:lol:It's actually really very strange, as the Deatheaters led by Snape come from the BACK of the Great Hall going owards the Great door leading INTO the Great Hall.
So they must have come through a door at the end of the Great Hall, but how that one is connected to the Astronomy Tower????:lol:
Great logical ERRROR!!!!:tu:

DML1991
June 29th, 2009, 9:57 pm
Wait, has there been a new trailer or something? How did you get that good of a screenshot, Lc?

eta: referring to the one of Dumbledore falling

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 9:59 pm
Wait, has there been a new trailer or something? How did you get that good of a screenshot, Lc?

I dunno where Arry got it...it was in THE LIST :p Wasn't that in one of the TV spots? I think he just took a cap of a Hi-Res TV spot :shrug:

Speaking of, I have another question for aussiehottie (if she returns, I bet we scared her away :lol:)

Is Dumbledore shown falling all the way to the ground? I remember some debate on this, whether the camera would track his fall or show it as a wideshot as he is falling all the way down and how gruesome that could be. Considering it's PG I doubt they filmed it like this though.

Noldus
June 29th, 2009, 10:03 pm
I really hope there is a long-shoot of Dumbledore falling down the tower. It would be truly epic with the castle in the background:D

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 10:15 pm
I really hope there is a long-shoot of Dumbledore falling down the tower. It would be truly epic with the castle in the background:D

Yeah, it would be :cool: I would prefer a semi wide shot as he falls down as well...instead of a close up like that the whole way down. However, tracking him as he falls down like that and kersplats on the ground... :( And like I said, I doubt they opted for either of those ways.

JoAdams
June 29th, 2009, 10:15 pm
Let's hope aussiehottie will return to answer all these questions about the climax. Damn, it's confusing.

But you're right about the route of the Death Eaters. Logically they have to take a route like the one you described guys. Though the way they reach the Great Hall and having to go back to the Main Round Tower in order to reach the Clock Tower and leave is really confusing. Anyway I hope Aussie will come back and tell us what she remembers :)

P.S. About Dumbledore's death I think it must be a combination of wide, epic shots of the Tower and its surroundings and different (even distant) camera angles of the body falling. I've got to say that the amazing colors of the dark/blue-grey-black sky and the surrounding towers and mountains create a spectacular landscape for the freefall and seeing it happening from few different camera angles may work. But we may just see his body falling from above (as if we're in the balcony) and we just see a black shadow falling in the grass and that's it. This will be quite disappointing and I think it won't happen (I am sure Bruno has done an excellent work with the cinematography etc.). But seeing the body crashing...that won't happen. It's too much for a PG rating.

CakeDude
June 29th, 2009, 10:25 pm
But seeing the body crashing...that won't happen. It's too much for a PG rating.

I always though we would follow the body down but cut away just before it hits the ground and keep in mind that the movie in the equivalent of a PG-13 in other countries.

Noldus
June 29th, 2009, 10:27 pm
I always though we would follow the body down but cut away just before it hits the ground and keep in mind that the movie in the equivalent of a PG-13 in other countries.

it will probably be a semi-wide shot as he hits the ground to avoid a PG-13 rating.

AccioHP
June 29th, 2009, 10:33 pm
Welcome to all the new members! :)

Snitcheeker has an article about the airdates for the HBO Half Blood Prince special! :D

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/hbo-first-look-half-blood-prince-airdates-65343/

Unfortunately, I don't get HBO (as I doubt many do, since it's not even on expanded cable) so hopefully this surfaces online as well :tu:

I don't get HBO either so hopefully they do get online.

Noldus
June 29th, 2009, 10:43 pm
:lol:It's actually really very strange, as the Deatheaters led by Snape come from the BACK of the Great Hall going owards the Great door leading INTO the Great Hall.
So they must have come through a door at the end of the Great Hall, but how that one is connected to the Astronomy Tower????:lol:
Great logical ERRROR!!!!:tu:

Itīs a plot hole but I doubt people will be wondering why they take this route. The audience who has not read the book doesnīt know how the castle is build up:lol:

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 10:58 pm
Itīs a plot hole but I doubt people will be wondering why they take this route. The audience who has not read the book doesnīt know how the castle is build up:lol:

Well, the castle in the film is very different from the layout in the book. And hell, I really had no clue how the castle in the film was laid out until we started analyzing it and Arry posted a bunch of maps from the video games :lol: But I would prefer if it was all logical unlike this...

Noldus
June 29th, 2009, 11:05 pm
Well, the castle in the film is very different from the layout in the book. And hell, I really had no clue how the castle in the film was laid out until we started analyzing it and Arry posted a bunch of maps from the video games :lol: But I would prefer if it was all logical unlike this...

It can be logical if the deatheaters want to take it easy and enjoy their trip:cool: I doubt the film makers thought of this logical problem when they filmed it. They wanted to include the Great Hall scene just for fun coz itīs a cool scene:D

lcbaseball22
June 29th, 2009, 11:07 pm
It can be logical if the deatheaters want to take it easy and enjoy their trip:cool: I doubt the film makers thought of this logical problem when they filmed it. They wanted to include the Great Hall scene just for fun coz itīs a cool scene:D

True, but IF it were to truly follow the book this would actually work better, cause the route would go PAST the Great Hall (and they could go in and destroy things), through the Entrance Hall, and out the main doors into the grounds where Hagrid's Hut is located. But we know that isn't how it'll happen cause Hagrid's has been moved around every film and far as we know is now located on the other side of that (film only) bridge :lol: Really curious if Harry chases Snape across the bridge, would be neat. Hope the DE's don't apparate within the grounds :whistle:

See how much easier everything is when you just keep accurate to the source material? You don't create plot holes and contradictions :p

Anyways, I gotta go...off to see Tranformers 2! :D and I hope it's not as bad as I've heard :scared:

DML1991
June 29th, 2009, 11:36 pm
I think the choice of route in the film is due to significance, there's just something powerful to seeing Snape walking down the great hall and the death eaters walking behind him.

mrfutterman
June 29th, 2009, 11:39 pm
See how much easier everything is when you just keep accurate to the source material? You don't create plot holes and contradictions :p

The books are riddled with plot holes and contradictions.

FemmeCerebus
June 29th, 2009, 11:40 pm
I love the pictures, but I don't want to see too many clips. I felt like OOP was anti-climactic when it finally came out from all the leaks.

The books are riddled with plot holes and contradictions.

Yeah, I feel like either she left loose ends to keep her options open, or that somewhere along the line she made some major changes of mind.

DML1991
June 29th, 2009, 11:41 pm
Brand new soundtrack previews...

http://www.aolradioblog.com/2009/06/29/harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-soundtrack-exclusive-pr/

Whee!

Sesquipedalian
June 29th, 2009, 11:42 pm

I dunno where Arry got it...it was in THE LIST :p Wasn't that in one of the TV spots? I think he just took a cap of a Hi-Res TV spot :shrug:

It is possible that ArryGrotter obtained the screenshot through a high-resolution version of the television advertisement entitled "Challenge(s)"; however, he could also have obtained it through the latest featurette (the link for which being: http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/features/harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince/index.html), at the end of which there is a higher-resolution version of the shot of Dumbledore falling off the Astronomy Tower.

DML1991
June 30th, 2009, 12:11 am
Is the soundtrack thingy working for anyone else?

clean0002
June 30th, 2009, 12:17 am
It is working for me! I got "Malfoy's Mission." I really liked it a lot. Apparently, everyone doesn't get the same song.

DML1991
June 30th, 2009, 12:23 am
It's not for me. :(

Do they play the whole track?

Sacred_Memories
June 30th, 2009, 12:35 am
I still can't believe they're using that cheesy poster as the cover of the soundtrack. Why can't it be the one with Harry's glasses reflecting Dumbledore?

DML1991
June 30th, 2009, 12:49 am
I like the poster alot. :shrug:

darkevangelist
June 30th, 2009, 1:37 am
Hello everyone. I'm new to the boards and I decided I wanted to interject some of my thoughts on what I've seen so far

For one I am a major shipper and I absolutely love to analyze the progression and development of these so called relationships. I loved the way JK handled it in the book so count me as one of those nervous wrecks when it comes to how they will handle the H/G dynamic in the new movie, in particular I find the change to be an odd decision but I understand where they're coming from nonetheless. I actually didn't hate the look of the new kiss or the H/G moments, but I also wasn't blown away or impressed. Now maybe that will change when I see the film, however I still remain underwhelmed. Part of the point in the book was the comfort their relationship provided and I don't see exactly how this kiss could replace all the meaning that there was in the relationship, but I'm hopeful.

DML1991
June 30th, 2009, 1:44 am
Wow!!! The 'Opening', besides what we're heard already, is really fantastic. I LOVE the variation of the beginning of Hedwig's theme.

CakeDude
June 30th, 2009, 1:44 am
I've heard:

Harry and Hermione
Drink of Despair

Both great. Drink of Despair was beautiful.

DML1991
June 30th, 2009, 1:48 am
I've heard:

Harry and Hermione
Drink of Despair

Both great. Drink of Despair was beautiful.I heard it's like a variation of Possession theme from OOTP, considering that's one of my top 3 themes of the series, this pleases me.

Would you agree?

9th_Wonder
June 30th, 2009, 1:52 am
I still haven't heard any of the tracks :( I guess this is why

AOL Radio has an exclusive premiere of the Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince™ soundtrack. The movie hits theaters July 15th, but if you can't wait make sure to tune in to the Movie Scores station on AOL Radio. You'll hear a track from the album every hour at the top of the hour!

CakeDude
June 30th, 2009, 1:53 am
I heard it's like a variation of Possession theme from OOTP, considering that's one of my top 3 themes of the series, this pleases me.

Would you agree?

Well it starts of with these weird chanting voices. It's really quite creepy, then after a bit this melody starts quietly and gradually builds up throughout the whole piece until it hits it's emotional optimum. It's not the same as Possession - similar - but I think it's a lot better. :)

I still haven't heard any of the tracks :( I guess this is why

Yeah, its ridiculous isn't it?

9th_Wonder
June 30th, 2009, 1:55 am
Yeah, its ridiculous isn't it?

Yes it is, lol

Well I only have to wait 5 more minutes

CakeDude
June 30th, 2009, 1:58 am
Yes it is, lol

Well I only have to wait 5 more minutes

Hopefully people will upload some of these

harry5678
June 30th, 2009, 2:02 am
Ugh, this is so frusturating, I listened for this whole hour waiting for it, ad I'm not getting it! Why is it that when I finally get to hear a full track from the score the place thats offering just refuses to let me hear it! I haven't gotten to hear any of them! :(

EDIT: Nevermind! I just got "When Ginny Kissed Harry" and P.S. I'm doing something clever with my speakers and hooked them up through my microphone so i can record some of the tracks. I'm probaly not going to upload them anywhere though, just keep for my own prsonal listening. I hop I can catch more of the score! I was really hoping the most to get "Dumbledore's Farewell" are they doing this like the rest of th day?

darkevangelist
June 30th, 2009, 2:03 am
I'm listening to "Journey to the Cave" Its richly dark, I love it. I also got to hear "When Ginny Kissed Harry".

SybillOnWheels
June 30th, 2009, 2:05 am
How are some people able to hear these tracks, and others are unable to? I've been listening at the top of every hour for the past three hours, and I'm hearing nothing but advertisements and soundtracks that I don't care about.

9th_Wonder
June 30th, 2009, 2:06 am
Just listened to Harry and Hermione. It was nice.

Lady Elven
June 30th, 2009, 2:07 am
Are you sure it was a trailer and not just a TV spot? :hmm: Cause there is this one (in German) that was posted here-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4IDM7QHcAE&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecosforums%2Ecom%2Fshowthre ad%2Ephp%3Fp%3D5340400%26highlight%3Dwabbit&feature=player_embedded

And at the end it has this shot-

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/untitled-5.jpg?t=1246010696

Is that the shot of the outside of WWW you are referring to? If so, I'm guessing you simply saw the English version of this TV spot...the same one everyone else is talking about where he actually says the Sectumsempra spell. I'd love to see this in English though :lol:

Yes! this is the one I saw. thank you for posting that.

Mugglenet posted a link to a french video that went behind the scenes of HBP.

y9vV2nWdnYk

SybillOnWheels
June 30th, 2009, 2:07 am
Just listened to Harry and Hermione. It was nice.

How?? :rotfl::grumble:

9th_Wonder
June 30th, 2009, 2:10 am
How are some people able to hear these tracks, and others are unable to? I've been listening at the top of every hour for the past three hours, and I'm hearing nothing but advertisements and soundtracks that I don't care about.

How?? :rotfl::grumble:

They played it at the top of the hour. I see you've been listening for the past 3 hours and still haven't heard a track. That sucks. I tried to rip the audio using RealPlayer. If I was successful I'll post it here. RealPlayer won't open now for some reason :grumble:

CakeDude
June 30th, 2009, 2:10 am
I'm listening to "Journey to the Cave" Its richly dark, I love it. I also got to hear "When Ginny Kissed Harry".

I got "Farewell Aragog". It's really nice get's quite emotional towards the end

harry5678
June 30th, 2009, 2:12 am
How are some people able to hear these tracks, and others are unable to? I've been listening at the top of every hour for the past three hours, and I'm hearing nothing but advertisements and soundtracks that I don't care about. For me it came on around 8:07, I'm just going to leave the radio open and listen,I think i've been missing them, because I opened the radio at the top of the hour instead of leaving it on all through the top of the hour.

They played it at the top of the hour. I see you've been listening for the past 3 hours and still haven't heard a track. That sucks. I tried to rip the audio using RealPlayer. If I was successful I'll post it here. RealPlayer won't open now for some reason :grumble:
I just got an audio cord (one with both ends that are green and look like head phones, hooked one end into the headphones area in my speakers and the other into my microphone slot on my computer, and ive just been recording them, I however am NOT going to post them, thats pretty much sharing suff illegally isn't it? I'd rather just keep them to myself for my own listening, it makes them more special

9th_Wonder
June 30th, 2009, 2:24 am
I just got an audio cord (one with both ends that are green and look like head phones, hooked one end into the headphones area in my speakers and the other into my microphone slot on my computer, and ive just been recording them, I however am NOT going to post them, thats pretty much sharing suff illegally isn't it? I'd rather just keep them to myself for my own listening, it makes them more special

Ah true, true.

ARodHPfan0013
June 30th, 2009, 2:29 am
Got to listen to Journey to the Cave, which was exquisitely epic. It starts out with a slow but moving melody and I think its perfect for the conversation Harry and Dumbledore have before they apparate to the cave. It builds up to the preview that we heard a couple of weeks ago, which again is simply epic, and then transitions into tense, atmospheric music and ends with this tension. I'd give it a 9/10, and really something I wouldn't expect from Hooper. Impressive.

luvtolaugh1234
June 30th, 2009, 2:43 am
Where has Aussie been???

DML1991
June 30th, 2009, 2:49 am
I got to hear 'Journey to the Cave' earlier, man this soundtrack is really as awesome as I hoped it would be (at least so far).

12 more minutes!!! :rockon:

harry5678
June 30th, 2009, 2:52 am
OKay, welp, i've heard only "When Ginny Kissed Harry" So I hope i get either a sad song, "Drink of Despare" "Dumbledore's Farewell" or something with tension in it "Journey to the Cave" "Inferi In The Firestorm" "Opening"

SybillOnWheels
June 30th, 2009, 3:02 am
OMG, the first time they play one of these tracks for me, I get the flippin "Slug Club."

It's good, just not what I wanted.

:lol:

9th_Wonder
June 30th, 2009, 3:10 am
Just listened to The Story Begins and In Noctem. I really liked In Noctem. I couldn't manage to get the audio however :(

PhoenixFeather5
June 30th, 2009, 3:12 am
I've just heard the song called "Farewell Aragog". It's quite nice, very emotional. It was something I didin't expect but I'm sure you'll enjoy it as I did.

ARodHPfan0013
June 30th, 2009, 3:12 am
Just got "Drink of Despair", another great track. There's a lot of uncomfortable atmosphere created in the beginning for about a minute, and then we hear a haunting but beautiful theme similar to the Possession theme in OotP. Another winner - Hooper's really surprising me.

CakeDude
June 30th, 2009, 3:15 am
Someone has uploaded "Opening"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54HUNnJAmK4

lcbaseball22
June 30th, 2009, 3:22 am
Just got back from seeing Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. I thought it was good, but not quite as great as the first.

Anyways, they placed a Half-Blood Prince trailer with this film. It was that EPIC final trailer and it was the very FIRST trailer shown. :wow:

WOW, it sent chills down through my entire body. Seeing that trailer on the big screen was INCREDIBLE! :cool: I can't wait for the entire film!!

Oh, and I see you guys have been listening to some obscure radio station for hours just to hear short snippets of the soundtrack :err:

I think that's hilarious :rotfl:

But then I could really care less. I listened to the ringtone ones, those were pretty good, but not going to waste time to hear these :p

harry5678
June 30th, 2009, 3:23 am
Just got "Malfoy' Mission", i though it was very subtle but very appropriate, it'll probably fit really well with the scene. I hope so much that i can get either "Dumbledore's Farewell" or "Drink of Despair" before the nights ovr, are they only going to air these for the rest of the day (meaning that they well only do like 2 more hours) or is it going to keep going for a while?

Oh, and I see you guys have been listening to some obscure radio station for hours just to hear short snippets of the soundtrack :err:

I think that's hilarious :rotfl: But then I could really care less. I listened to the ringtone ones and those were pretty good, but I'm going to waste time to hear these :p

Actually Lc, these aren't snippets they're the full tracks I believe, so far the ones i've heard (When Ginny Kissed Harry & Malfoy's Mission) have both run over 2 minutes long, each.

DML1991
June 30th, 2009, 4:05 am
I just got 'Inferi in the Firestorm'! It's very, very chilling. I can't wait to see it in the context of the film.

9th_Wonder
June 30th, 2009, 4:08 am
I just got 'Inferi in the Firestorm'! It's very, very chilling. I can't wait to see it in the context of the film.

Nice! I've been wanting to listen to that. So far I've gotten Harry and Hermione, The Story Begins, In Noctem, and The Friends. All nice tracks.

harry5678
June 30th, 2009, 4:08 am
I just got "Into the Rushes" and it appears to be basically just a faster paced version of "Opening" It has a bit more in the end though, kind of a sad kind of theme, and I can totally see Harry and the Weasley's looking at they're burning home.

Lady Elven
June 30th, 2009, 4:09 am
Its weird how everyone is getting different tracks, I just got Opening. I was wondering if anyone knew, if they were gonna do this into tomorrow or was this just for today.

PhoenixFeather5
June 30th, 2009, 4:11 am
I just got "into the rushes". It was good but extremely dark, maybe too dark. But the ending was very chill, beautiful, i would say like the last 30 secs was great.

boushh
June 30th, 2009, 4:16 am
I got The Story Begins at the top of the hour... It got me very excited for this film. :lol:

And may I just say that I'm happy to hear from several places that the trailer for HBP was in front of Transformers... I was hoping that would happen. Timely promotion with a big movie. :tu:

decarus
June 30th, 2009, 4:50 am
I thought this tv spot was pretty cool. Cool to see the writing in the potions book and a little bit more of the unbreakable vow scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDkcvgz2NLk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.snitchseeker.com%2Fharry-potter-news%2Fvideo-new-half-blood-prince-advert-relationships-65369%2F&feature=player_embedded

lcbaseball22
June 30th, 2009, 4:55 am
I thought this tv spot was pretty cool. Cool to see the writing in the potions book and a little bit more of the unbreakable vow scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDkcvgz2NLk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.snitchseeker.com%2Fharry-potter-news%2Fvideo-new-half-blood-prince-advert-relationships-65369%2F&feature=player_embedded

Awesome! Thanks for posting that. I haven't checked Snitchseeker since I've got home so I haven't seen that yet :lol:

Yeah, that cool to see the writing in the potions book for the first time :cool: It was like one of the only aspects we hadn't seen :lol:

harry5678
June 30th, 2009, 5:08 am
I just heard "Slughorn's Confession" on the Aol Radio Thing, it's over 3 minutes long! It sounds like a very good scene! The music isn't exactly "happy", but it really is a kind of confession sort of song, and it slowly gets more emotional as it gets closer and closer to the end. I really like it!

DML1991
June 30th, 2009, 5:10 am
I just heard 'When Ginny kissed Harry', I think it's really touching and will add alot to the mood Yates aimed for with the scene. I think people will feel more positive about the kiss in the context of the film with the score applied to it. :)

9th_Wonder
June 30th, 2009, 5:12 am
I just heard Journey to the Cave. I can't wait to hear it in context. The whole cave scene should be epic. The movie is exactly 2 weeks away over here!!

ArryGrotter
June 30th, 2009, 5:14 am
Blah, I tried to get one this hour past, but no! :grumble:

harry5678
June 30th, 2009, 5:18 am
Blah, I tried to get one this hour past, but no! :grumble:

Lol, i can't go an hour without missing a single one. (Still got my fingers crossed to get DUmbledore's Farewell) So yeah, i've had the radio open this entire time, and talk about delaying your computer. Lol. I can still record and save each track though, so i'm good!

ArryGrotter
June 30th, 2009, 5:26 am
For people that have managed to hear one, did it start precisely at :00, or did you have to wait for that song to finish and it came on next, possibly as late as :05?

9th_Wonder
June 30th, 2009, 5:30 am
For people that have managed to hear one, did it start precisely at :00, or did you have to wait for that song to finish and it came on next, possibly as late as :05?

What I do is open the AOL Radio window a minute before the top of the hour. After the commercials are done they play a Harry Potter track. It has worked for the past 5 hours

ArryGrotter
June 30th, 2009, 5:33 am
What I do is open the AOL Radio window a minute before the top of the hour. After the commercials are done they play a Harry Potter track. It has worked for the past 5 hours

I think I stuffed it up last time - I closed it after a different track was playing at :00 and then opened another one instead, but, yeah, didn't work.

I'll take your advice this time :) (only 30 more mins? :wow:)

9th_Wonder
June 30th, 2009, 5:38 am
If another song starts playing at the top of the hour, let it play through. The next track should be Harry Potter. That happened to me once.

harry5678
June 30th, 2009, 5:39 am
I think I stuffed it up last time - I closed it after a different track was playing at :00 and then opened another one instead, but, yeah, didn't work.

I'll take your advice this time :) (only 30 more mins? :wow:)

Yeah, thats what i tried doing at first as well. Lol, and i missed twotracks, because i did it wrong, but for the past 4 or 5 hours, i've been hearing the tracks just fine. I haven't actually cosed the radio, im just really afraid i'm going to miss it. Lol. Who else here hopes the tracks keep playing on even after midnight?

ArryGrotter
June 30th, 2009, 5:41 am
Yeah, thats what i tried doing at first as well. Lol, and i missed twotracks, because i did it wrong, but for the past 4 or 5 hours, i've been hearing the tracks just fine. I haven't actually cosed the radio, im just really afraid i'm going to miss it. Lol. Who else here hopes the tracks keep playing on even after midnight?

Yeah, they haven't said when it'll finish... I hope it last a few more days :whistle:

9th_Wonder
June 30th, 2009, 5:41 am

It's past midnight over here so I hope they continue to play the songs :rockon:

DML1991
June 30th, 2009, 5:47 am
I just listened to 'Harry and Hermione' thanks to someone uploading it and posting it on IMDb, I really, really love that one too. I can't believe this is from a Potter film, I'm glad to see Hooper experimenting alot with this score, I'm really loving it. :)

ArryGrotter
June 30th, 2009, 5:51 am
I just listened to 'Harry and Hermione' thanks to someone uploading it and posting it on IMDb, I really, really love that one too. I can't believe this is from a Potter film, I'm glad to see Hooper experimenting alot with this score, I'm really loving it. :)

I listened to that too (I had the feeling some may be there) and that really helped with me missing one of them :lol:

And I agree with you, it doesn't seem like HP at all - and I love it too :tu: