The All-Inclusive HBP Movie Thread v. 17 - incl. movie spoilers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Nadia
June 20th, 2009, 8:11 am
Hello everyone, welcome to yet another version of the HBP Movie thread!! :yuhup:

For reference, you can find version 16 here (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=120696).

Please, remember to always follow The Forum Rules (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=120541) and, should you have any problem, please contact a staff member.

A little reminder first...

Lately we've had some trouble with off-topic posts and snarkiness. Please read How to have a pleasant conversation on any topic (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=104230) before posting in this thread. Off-topic posts are posts that do not discuss the HBP movie but other movies, thread logistics, the posting behaviour of other members etc. There won't be in-thread warnings on every page of this version of the thread. Repeat offenders will find themselves temporarily removed from Muggle Studies and off-topic posts will be deleted without previous warning.

And one last thing:

Keep the chatter to a minimum here; if you want to discuss something with another member, but it's not related to the HBP movie, you can use your owlery or your profile messaging system. Thank you!

Now, go on with the discussion, and happy posting. :)

SybillOnWheels
June 20th, 2009, 8:30 am
Good god, another one? :rotfl:

My favorite track so far is the opening; it's amazing. I predict that this will be the best HP movie opening so far.

ArryGrotter
June 20th, 2009, 8:33 am
My favorite track so far is the opening; it's amazing. I predict that this will be the best HP movie opening so far.

:agree: And it'll look extra super duper in 3D!
I said I'd wait till August to see it in 3D previously, but now I'm fighting a huge urge to go see it in 3D opening week (it comes out the 15th here :whistle:)

yoshi2542
June 20th, 2009, 10:33 am
Have we all seen the extended MTV clip?

http://www.dose.ca/video/index.html?releasePID=NBvIDoL_uUJaOHdvqi4lBL84D46A sXgi

Just a couple of shots added at the orphanage, but this seems to be the final version. IMO the kid playing Riddle is way off, his face as Dumbledore appears, his delivery of the lines, just isn't creepy enough. The shot Yates used for the moment Riddle and Dumbledore first see each other is really lame too, a close-up on Riddle looking gormless and that's it.

ArryGrotter
June 20th, 2009, 10:37 am
Just a couple of shots added at the orphanage, but this seems to be the final version. IMO the kid playing Riddle is way off, his face as Dumbledore appears, his delivery of the lines, just isn't creepy enough. The shot Yates used for the moment Riddle and Dumbledore first see each other is really lame too, a close-up on Riddle looking gormless and that's it.

I disagree with it being the final version - I said in the previous thread that the part where Tom got out the box wasn't there, for example (I know it could be cut, but it seems pretty lazy around that shot so I suspect they cut it out - but I don't know why they would?)
I agree that the start is the final version - I do think that we are going to have the choppiness from Dumbledore and Mrs Cole on the stairs to them in the hallway, but I think that once we get to Tom, things have been fiddled with.

I could be wrong, but it's just a hunch.

Edit: I just listened over the old ABC Family sneak peeks to see how much of the soundtrack played on it, and just as I thought then, there was a bit of this soundtrack in it! In the Story one, "Opening" played at the end, and in the Comedy one, both "The Story Begins" and "The Weasley Stomp" played!

yoshi2542
June 20th, 2009, 10:46 am
I disagree with it being the final version - I said in the previous thread that the part where Tom got out the box wasn't there, for example (I know it could be cut, but it seems pretty lazy around that shot so I suspect they cut it out - but I don't know why they would?)
I agree that the start is the final version - I do think that we are going to have the choppiness from Dumbledore and Mrs Cole on the stairs to them in the hallway, but I think that once we get to Tom, things have been fiddled with.

I could be wrong, but it's just a hunch.

Hard to know. In that recent Yates interview he says he's been fiddling with the movie since the delay, so what we see in trailers/clips could be from older cuts, but I agree that there is something off about the editing of DD and Riddle's conversation, like there's a couple of lines missing, though knowing Yates and his editor that's to be expected. Still, a couple of lines isn't going to offset the limp acting from the kid. Where is the suspicion of Dumbledore, the anger that he's not the only one with these powers?

ArryGrotter
June 20th, 2009, 10:50 am
Still, a couple of lines isn't going to offset the limp acting from the kid. Where is the suspicion of Dumbledore, the anger that he's not the only one with these powers?

Cut out? :shrug:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

DML1991
June 20th, 2009, 11:07 am
Limp acting? His acting is spot on for Tom Riddle, the fact he talks to Dumbledore with a straight face with almost a sense of pride is what makes it creepy. Shame on Yates for not having the actors overact like Newell did to the point that all subtlety was lost. :rolleyes:

MasterOfDeath
June 20th, 2009, 11:22 am
The editing is still a bit off, but I love this version of the scene! :tu: So much better.

Did anyone notice how Tom Riddle's voice echoes when he's talking about snakes? There's this demonic/serpent type sound as he explains about speaking to snakes...it's so creepy, I love it!

I thought Gambon was appropriately authoritarian and disciplinarian with his "At Hogwarts, you not only learn how to use magic but to control it." :tu:

Yoshi, I got the sense that Riddle was a little disappointed that he wasn't the only one with these powers, in his tone when he tells Dumbledore about being able to speak to snakes. He asks him if that is normal for even his kind, almost as if he is trying to one-up Dumbledore. I like the little boy's acting. I think he's fine. I just wish his cheeks weren't so full. :lol: He looks too well-fed and loved. :p

We can also now hear the other children speaking in the background.

About the soundtrack, I liked them all. They are very different. I called out the 'story begins' one from the comedy sneak peak ages ago and I remember you, Yoshi, said it was "generic TV fantasy music so of-course it's probably Hooper". :p :lol:

I was hoping for a little more so I feel teased. I want to listen to the full soundtrack! :lol:

My favorite is the 'Inferi in the firestorm' one. :wow: So operatic, epic, dramatic and moving. Powerful. 'Dumbledore's farewell' might move me to tears. I also like 'Friends'. It's alot more mature and somber than the other ending tracks for these movies.

The Slug Club Party, The Weasley Stomp and When Harry kissed Ginny are all very unique and odd, but they break new ground and provide a new flavor to the musical palate of HP.

I forgot how frustrating soundtrack samples are though...they stop too short. :lol: I guess we've just been waiting too long...I want it all now!! :p *greedy eyes* :drool:

meesha1971
June 20th, 2009, 12:13 pm
Oooh, shiny new thread! :D

Just watched the extended clip. I agree that there still seems to be parts of it missing. I don't think this is the full scene - though there's probably not much more to it. The conversation between Riddle and Dumbledore seems very choppy though. I love the echo effect when Riddle says he can talk to snakes - that was cool. I think Hero Fiennes-Tiffin did an excellent job there.

decarus
June 20th, 2009, 1:53 pm

It seems that one of the purposes of showing this memory as the only memory we get to see of Tom Riddle (besides the fake and real horcrux memory) is to make some reference to Tom as a collector. I really hope that they show him picking up the box of stuff because it is a reference to the horcruxes. The thing i am probably worried the most about is that there is not going to be enough of an explanation of what the horcruxes are, what harry should be looking for, etc.

I feel better about it though because it seems that we have seen quite a bit of the Harry touching the ring and having flashes of the horcruxes. I would have liked him to discuss this with Dumbledore, but at least flashes are something.

PS. I remember a clip of the Chronicles of Narnia with Peter and Caspian and mistaken identity. They showed that clip and said that it was the entire clip from the film, but then when i saw the film there was another shot where Caspian looks down at Peter's sword and recognizes it and then Caspian realizes Peter's identity. That short bit was cut from the supposed 'full version of the clip' which we saw before the film was released. They do do that sometimes, so it may be that the box part of this memory clip has just been left out for some reason in this supposed 'full version'. I hope so and am not really worried about it.

meesha1971
June 20th, 2009, 2:53 pm
Some of the actors have seen a screening of HBP.

Potter cast react to first Half-Blood Prince screening (http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/potter-cast-react-first-half-blood-prince-screening-65140/)

cgold
June 20th, 2009, 4:23 pm
Some of the actors have seen a screening of HBP.

Potter cast react to first Half-Blood Prince screening (http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/potter-cast-react-first-half-blood-prince-screening-65140/)
Reading that Rupert's part is awesome has me dredging up some excitement for this film. It's coming out really soon now. There'll be tonnes of promotion and everything will be exciting again.

DML1991
June 20th, 2009, 4:30 pm
Hmm, I wonder if we'll be seeing any reactions from people soon...

boushh
June 20th, 2009, 4:43 pm
About the extended Tom Riddle clip... I'm a little torn. I think it actually may be the final version. It's possible, IMHO. I'm not totally convinced, but this version has a certain rhythm to it that the other one lacked. It's almost like someone is skipping through a song and ending up at later and later portions of it without hearing some of it in the middle... One still gets a sense of the song though. I think it's interesting, if that's how it actually is. If it isn't the final version then I think this is a slicker editing job then the last version of the clip which was too jump cut like and jarring.

As for young Hero's acting... I think he's great. No problems at all with this kid.

I also liked hearing those little bits from the soundtrack. The score sounds really promising, I think. :)

And about Yates still having been tinkering with the film during the delay... Well didn't we hear this before in relation to the audio mix? I'm pretty sure there was an article where he said the there was more time to really perfect the mix and he was much happier with the way it turned out after he went back and tinkered with it. So he may have just been referring to this again in that newer interview.

Montse
June 20th, 2009, 6:06 pm
just isn't creepy enough.
I dunno , I at first thought that too, but not for long. I have changed my mind you see. I think he delivers his lines just perfectly. He starts being almost sweet if you may call it that, ( more like puzzled that is why his tone is soft and reluctant. ) and gently his tone starts changing and becoming more self confident . I do notice a very marked change from " I can make animals do what I want without training them " to "I can make bad things happen to people ...." and from there to " prove it" there is also a drastic change in tone. His tone becomes very commanding just like JK wrote it should be. I am quite pleased with his performance.

OH and Dumbledore, I like Gambon being patient, like he should be IMO. He does warn Riddle abotu self control, but the way Gambon delivers this lines is just perfect. I am quite pleased with Gambon this time.:)

ThaiHPFan
June 20th, 2009, 6:08 pm
My bet is that the clip still isn't the final version. In the final trailer, we get a brief shot of Tom opening the burning wardrobe (with finished effect and coloring too). Yates may changed stuff after the delay, but I doubt he was still doing that after the final trailer came out.

I do agree though that the part up until Mrs. Cole opens the door is already completed. It's choppy, but not awkward. If you add anything else into that part, the scene would just drag IMO.

boushh
June 20th, 2009, 7:10 pm
I could go either way on that clip really, so I won't be annoyed if it is the final version...

Just thought I'd share a little merging action I quickly did on the two billboards we've gotten recently. I saw the good guys one on the road last night, which was fun. :)

It makes a good desktop background for widescreen monitors. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/fwm/HP/hbp_billboard_combo1.jpg)

DML1991
June 20th, 2009, 8:15 pm
Here's my short analysis' on the soundtrack previews...

Opening: At the very first second or two, you can hear a much more upbeat and happy tune playing, I'd assume this is the tail end of the opening logo's. But once it kicks into this extremely dark and threatening sound, I think the opening scene immediately shows the clouds transitioning into a dark mark, I think the score there couldn't be more perfect if that's the case.

The possible Slughorn part: I love it, I love the orchestra, I love everything about it. I can't really imagine much context of it, but I really like it alot.

The story begins: I'm not with Aaron here, I don't find it fitting. I'll have to wait and see the context of it, I like it on it's own, but it's too overbearing for a scene like where Harry flirts with the waitress. I don't know, I'll have to wait for context.

Ginny: I'm glad Hooper incorporated the classic Hedwig's theme back in with a different variation, but this will require once more; context before judging.

Wizard Wheezes: It reminds me alot of the 'ridikulous' (wasn't that how it was spelled in the books? :lol:) scene with Lupin from POA. I really like it.

Ron's Victory: Has a very Williams-esque feel to it and I think should go well with the competition aspect of quidditch.

The Slug Party: huh... very different than I expected. Surprisingly, despite Hooper really only working with tv score's before, OOTP didn't sound like something for tv, but this almost feels like it would be for Matlock. By no means am I necessarily criticizing it, I'm all up for waiting for context of it, and I think with all the clashing colors of the party... it will probably work just fine in the movie.

Of Love and War: Reminds me of the quidditch match from POA, I like it, but once more; context... :p

When Ginny Kissed Harry: I love the contemporary influences of this, I think the score is really going to compliment the more somber tone of the kiss scene that's very different from the celebratory one of the book. I think those who felt disappointed with the changed kiss will probably like it with the score put in, as it will go along with the tone of the change.

Journey to Cave: I'll have to see it in the film, I can't completely imagine the scene to that.

Soundtrack preview on site assumed to be part of this: I love how Hooper incorporated tunes from OOTP into this. Particularly 'The Hall of Prophecy', which is very fitting for similarities.

Inferi in firestorm: Wow, I got goosebumps for that. I literally imagined seeing the inferi dragging Harry down and us getting the look at the millions of inferi down below while listening to those 15 seconds. Perfect. :tu:

Dumbledore's Farewell: Lives up to the previous track preview, perfection.

Other website preview believed to be part of this track: I don't know if this is that scene anymore, really, it's just too different from the actual preview.

The friends: Reminds me at the beginning of Harry and the others going to the train at the end of OOTP, once more, I love how Hooper incorporated tunes from OOTP to this, while going even further with creativity.

The Weasley Stomp: Sounds like the quidditch world cup from GOF and the fireworks escape from OOTP. I likey. :tu:

All in all, we have so little to judge off so early, but I'm impressed so far. I'm starting to feel excitement for the film enter back into me, I'm really getting the feeling that the christmas we should have had last year is going to make for a early '09 present in July. :D

harry5678
June 20th, 2009, 8:28 pm
*groan* It looks like yet another FAKE "leaked" trailer, it's rather well done, but very obviously fake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH7gu6bXbCQ

Anyways, regarding the soundtrack clips, awesome i think that from what ive heard of these that the score for the film will be quite different from the other scores, this one has more variety to it, especially Wizard Wheezes and The Slug Party. My favorites are Journey to the Cave, Inferi in the Firestorm, The Friends and Dumbledore's Farewell. The Weasley Stomp is a pretty good listen as well. I love all of the previews but there's still a few im interested in hearing like "Drink of Dispare" and "The Killing of Dumbledore", but thee's no doubt i'll be buying this soundtrack when it's released.

DML1991
June 20th, 2009, 8:32 pm
That's not fake. The editing and the way the music blends with the audio is too good to be fake.

boushh
June 20th, 2009, 8:40 pm
I don't think it's fake either. It looks like the type of thing that is done to avoid distribution. I for one know I would not go through all that trouble of making it look like that with the color bars and the beeps and the static and then record it off of the tv. Though if this was captured in some post house somewhere why the person didn't just make a copy instead of doing this is beyond me.

AccioLumos
June 20th, 2009, 9:03 pm
Half Blood Prince has officially been rated 12A

Thanks to the British Board of Film Classification, new details have emerged about the upcoming wizard epic Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

In explaining its decision to rate Half-Blood Prince as 12A (meaning that no one under 12 can see the film unless accompanied by an adult), the Board released the following revelatory statement.

"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, a fantasy adventure film based on the book of the same title, finds Harry and his friends returning to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for their sixth year.

"The film contains moderate threat. The moderate threat occurs in one quite scary sequence in which Harry and Professor Dumbledore are attacked by menacing looking creatures that have emerged from an underground lake. Harry is pulled into the lake and dragged beneath the water. The scene has the potential to upset younger or more sensitive children.

"In another scene Draco Malfoy kicks Harry (below screen) and appears to break his nose; blood can be seen on Harry's face. Tables are turned later on in the film when Harry defeats Malfoy in a wand battle in the school toilets. Malfoy, who is rendered unconscious, has several bloodstains on his white shirt and his blood can be seen to mix with and cloud the water on the flooded floor.

"Malfoy, however, is soon completely healed by a nearby teacher. The film contains mild language including the words 'God', 'bloody', tosser', 'sod', 'hell' and 'git.'"

harry5678
June 20th, 2009, 9:21 pm
That's not fake. The editing and the way the music blends with the audio is too good to be fake.

I'm still not convinced, i could make an edit that was that good, the only thing that might not be fake is the fact that dumbledore's voiceover has never been heard without a different type of music over it, but that could've easily been done through audio editing.

I don't think it's fake either. It looks like the type of thing that is done to avoid distribution. I for one know I would not go through all that trouble of making it look like that with the color bars and the beeps and the static and then record it off of the tv. Though if this was captured in some post house somewhere why the person didn't just make a copy instead of doing this is beyond me.

Nah, if they REALLY wanted views and attnetion and wanted that real look like it had actually been leaked then yeah, i'm sure if the really wanted viiews they would have gone thorugh it all, but again he's only uploaded the 1st part i'll reserve my "fake" judgment until the rest is there.

FemmeCerebus
June 20th, 2009, 9:43 pm
Reading that Rupert's part is awesome has me dredging up some excitement for this film. It's coming out really soon now. There'll be tonnes of promotion and everything will be exciting again.

I am am stoked ! Rupert is really gifted. Every time we watch the first movie we marvel at how funny he is.

I was looking at the posters for this movie, in the one of all 4 death eaters (Bella-Snape-Draco-Fenrir) and is it me, or did they shrink Tom Felton?

I think he's 6 ft high and they made him look the same size as Helena Bonham who is 5'3" or less (I think!).

I want to take my nephews 7 & 9, so I hope it's not actually too scary.

harry5678
June 20th, 2009, 10:04 pm

That's awesome, isn't that like the equivilant (or however you spell that word. lol) to PG-13 here in the US? Why is OUR rating system rating this as PG?!?!? Wow, this is just so insane, my anticipation for this movie has completely skyrocketed ever since the teaser trailer. You know if all we had was the rating and the teaser trailer to go by way back when i could've believed a PG rating, but now after ALL of the trailers and pics. I dont understand, no matter what why this movie is PG! Wow, you knwo I think the delay has actually bee kind of good for me, because my anticipation has just been drawn out soooo unbelievably long and now it's like, l;ess than a month away. The movie just looks too awesome to disappoint me, and i think that no matter what when i go to the midnight release that first time, i WILL enjoy the movie presented to me. Last year when i went to see Order of the Pheonix at midnight i stood for 2 hours in line and sat for 2 hours in the theater and after i saw it the first time, i thought it was pretty good, but after the second time, i asked myself, "Why did i wait four hours in line for this movie?" I would've rathered just to have seen the first showing on opening day. But I now, totally believe the Half-Blood Prince will be worth a four hour wait (not to mention 8+ months). It's going to be awesome!

~End of rant~

AccioHP
June 20th, 2009, 10:55 pm
New thread! :)

I watched the extended clip. I'm still iffy on the beginning of it with the quick cuts from the hallway to the stairs, but once Dumbledore is actually talking to Tom I really like it! I especially like how Tom's voice echos. I think that's a great effect! I think maybe the part where Tom is holding his box of things may still be in the movie.

It's cool to hear the reactions of the actors!

Atreides
June 20th, 2009, 11:05 pm
Interesting soundtrack clips. The theme in "Inferi in the Firestorm" is the same as the one used in the Possession scene of OotP, if you listen again. Making me reconsider whether OotP was more thematically-driven than I first thought.

ArryGrotter
June 20th, 2009, 11:15 pm
I am very happy that Hooper has made links between previous soundtracks! :)

Noldus
June 20th, 2009, 11:36 pm
I donīt know why, but "Journey to the Cave" reminds me of the music I have heard from the game. Epic true, but I wonder how it fit in the film. I think the music from the final trailer was genius in this sequence! Overall it seems like Hooper has done a great job.

Sacred_Memories
June 20th, 2009, 11:43 pm
"Inferi in the Firestorm" has an epic feel to it coupled with an odd and powerful sense of beauty. Really enjoyed it. "Dumbledore's Farewell" is quite sad and tragic, the addition of the violin just adds waves of melancholy. "The Friends" is my favorite without a doubt, and it is just gorgeous, and you really feel for the trio. It's quite sad yet it has this slight optism. Very, very impressed with that.

Great job, Hooper!

boushh
June 20th, 2009, 11:44 pm
I'm still not convinced, i could make an edit that was that good, the only thing that might not be fake is the fact that dumbledore's voiceover has never been heard without a different type of music over it, but that could've easily been done through audio editing.

It would be very tough to separate Dumbledore's dialogue from whatever music was under it before. I haven't compared to see if that dialogue had music under it before though. If it didn't then it wouldn't be difficult at all.

Nah, if they REALLY wanted views and attnetion and wanted that real look like it had actually been leaked then yeah, i'm sure if the really wanted viiews they would have gone thorugh it all, but again he's only uploaded the 1st part i'll reserve my "fake" judgment until the rest is there.

Perhaps. I personally wouldn't go through the trouble for you tube views. ;)

Sacred_Memories
June 20th, 2009, 11:57 pm
Does anyone have a link to a high-resolution picture when Harry is underwater with the fiery meteors (don't know another way to say it) and the Inferi.

ArryGrotter
June 21st, 2009, 12:04 am
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll156/Arry3G/fire.jpg

there you go

harry5678
June 21st, 2009, 12:07 am
Does anyone have a link to a high-resolution picture when Harry is underwater with the fiery meteors (don't know another way to say it) and the Inferi.

you mean this picture from the Theatrical Imax Trailer?
http://oclumencia.com.br/galeria/displayimage.php?pid=17874&fullsize=1

lcbaseball22
June 21st, 2009, 12:09 am

Is this the one you mean?

http://www.snitchseeker.com/gallery/albums/userpics/24282/HBPTRL221_snitchseeker.jpg

There was also this one-

http://www.snitchseeker.com/gallery/albums/userpics/24282/HBPTRL219_snitchseeker.jpg

Sacred_Memories
June 21st, 2009, 12:09 am
^ Thank you. :tu:

lcbaseball22
June 21st, 2009, 12:10 am
you mean this picture from the Theatrical Imax Trailer?
http://oclumencia.com.br/galeria/displayimage.php?pid=17874&fullsize=1

Oh, that one is much better than the one I posted. :tu:

:lol: And I see Aaron posted one too, though again smaller and in worse quality

Well, this image makes sense now with this quote-

So how many Inferi lie in the lake?
A couple million? Above water, you’d probably see about a hundred at a time. But when Harry gets dragged into the lake, there is a whole underwater environment…and it’s actually covered in bodies. It’s all just ... bodies crawling on top of each other, and that’s how you get into the millions.

At first I thought it was just coral or bodies stacked on top of rocks, but apparently those are MOUNDS of dead bodies :wow:

BTW, as for this trailer in question...I really don't think it matters if it is fake or not, cause it's really crappy and nothing new :relax:

harry5678
June 21st, 2009, 12:16 am
Wow, i just looked at the track listing again and JUST realized that on the track "In Noctem", "Noctem" is latin for Night. So the track is technically called "In Night" thats cool, because i think JKR used latin as a base for some of the spells.

MasterOfDeath
June 21st, 2009, 3:07 am
I've gotten used to the editing in the Tom Riddle clip when Dumbledore and Mrs. Cole are going up the stairs and reach Riddle's room, but I wouldn't object to slightly longer takes in the final cut. It's just the editing style I prefer. I like films that flow naturally and allow the audience to be immersed in the scene. I don't feel that is possible with such a rushed pace.

I was listening to bits of Rifftrack's comical commentaries for the HP films on youtube and I was wondering:

Which scene or moment in the HBP do you think will be a major target for people making fun of the film? :lol:

I'm going to say the waitress scene...I could imagine many different ways they could riff on that scene. :p

Montse
June 21st, 2009, 4:07 am
I have just finished updating myself , Wow! It took me three days to do it!!
I know you guys discussed all this ages ago, but since I have nothing better to do I will have my say on some things that caught my attention.

Hermione and Harry discussing their feelings.
At first I must admit I hated the idea. I am aware Hermione is very clever and probably did notice how Harry looked at Ginny, but then again, confronting him and asking him such a direct question seemed out of character to me.
But after reading it a several times and comparing it to the book, I came to the conclusion that Harryīs feelings towards Ginny had to be confirmed to the audience in someway or another. Not being able to show the audience all the thoughts Harry had and how his feelings tormented him like in the book they came up with this heart to heart , friend to friend talk. So I must say the idea has grown on me I might even dare say I think it will be a moving scene depends on how it is acted and the lines delivered.

Cormac Maclaggen

I do like how he is portrayed and shown in the several pics we have of him. The guy is indeed very handsome and his facial expressions and attitude do say without sounds or dialog he also is a Jerk.I think he will do a great job !!!

#Gambon

I hated his Dumbledore and was very displeased with him. But from what I have seen so far and the lines he has delivered in the trailers I can say he has improved a lot and has come closer to the Dumbledore I imagined in my mind.I am quite happy with what I have seen and have great expectations for his cave and death scene which I must say am really looking forward to watching.

The kiss , I still hate it , hate it , hate it!!!
Still I am staying positive and have hopes they will develop so much of the akwardness between Harry and Ginny it will not be that bad.It seems the film will be filled with moments between the two. so I am hopeful the message of how much Harry cares will be delivered and I must admit I still have hope of a nice great kiss in Hallows.

decarus
June 21st, 2009, 4:53 am
Hermione and Harry discussing their feelings.
At first I must admit I hated the idea. I am aware Hermione is very clever and probably did notice how Harry looked at Ginny, but then again, confronting him and asking him such a direct question seemed out of character to me.
But after reading it a several times and comparing it to the book, I came to the conclusion that Harryīs feelings towards Ginny had to be confirmed to the audience in someway or another. Not being able to show the audience all the thoughts Harry had and how his feelings tormented him like in the book they came up with this heart to heart , friend to friend talk. So I must say the idea has grown on me I might even dare say I think it will be a moving scene depends on how it is acted and the lines delivered.

I also am looking forward to this scene. I don't think it seems to out of character for Hermione to mention Harry's feelings with Ginny. I feel like she did that in the book. I did like in the book though how they did a better job of making us aware that Ginny and Hermione were friends. I guess there are a few instances in the films where Ginny and Hermione seem like friends, but not much at school.

I just want Ron to be aware that something happened between Harry and Ginny. I guess they could just have him become aware over the summer. He just has to know before they go off in DH.

PS. Look Luna fixing Harry's nose.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk18/decarus427/HBP/Daniel-Ratcliffe-Emma-Lyn-001.jpg

AccioHP
June 21st, 2009, 5:10 am
Here's a nice set report of HBP. It includes a behind the scenes pic of Daniel and Evanna shooting the Harry/Luna scene coming from the train.

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2009/6/20/new-set-report-previews-end-of-half-blood-prince-and-the-hunt-for-the-horcruxes

Here's a direct link to the report.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/jun/21/harry-potter-half-blood-prince

Some things that stood out to me.
Somewhere off the M25 in a 500,000 sq ft studio, Emma Watson is swearing. "Oh ****," she says, pouting. "I've said the wrong lines." She frowns at her script. "Can we sort this out?" She looks down from the astronomy tower at director David Yates. He gently guides her through the scene in which her character, Hermione, is talking to Harry Potter about Voldemort's soul. Harry looks very serious. "I'm not coming back, Hermione ... I have to finish what Dumbledore started."
Action stops again. Watson focuses on the script. Yates and Daniel Radcliffe discuss Harry's frame of mind. Radcliffe may have made his debut in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in 2001, when he was just 12, but he is still, it seems, finding his way around the character. Yates talks him through it. "Harry's in a cold, dark place at the moment, but I would caution against melancholy ... you've got to make sure Harry's not weighty but more fluid, freer."

Bonnie Wright on the kiss:
She says the kiss she has with Harry in The Half-Blood Prince was awkward but she "just got on with it".

Although The Half-Blood Prince has already been pushed back from last November to this July - apparently to guarantee Warner Brothers a major summer blockbuster - there are no press screenings until the start of July.

Yates on the look of the film
"The only major run-in we've had since I came on board is regarding the look of this film. We had a fairly major negotiation about its look. Bruno Delbonnel, who was also cinematographer on Amelie, made it look very distinct and different to the previous Potters by using all these monochromatic washes. The studio wanted more colour added to it and we obliged. And actually it's no less artful with the new grade; it looks more beautiful, more inviting. When you're sending 28,000 prints around the world to goodness knows how many cultures, you need a show that pulls you in."

Montse
June 21st, 2009, 5:58 am
I feel like she did that in the book.
I think she hinted Harry several times , but she was never so direct .:)
Another good thing about the scnene is how it builds up on Harry / Hermione relashionship as very close friends. We will definetly need this for Hallows. I am aware the audience already know they are very close friends, I mean unless they are trolls they will have missed this, but it settles the matter very nicely ( they are not romanticaly involved ) They are like borhter and sister and they turst each other even with their most secret feelings. It has been a very nice way of settling manners, establishing both characters feelings and settling ground for future events.

I too think it would be nice to see Ronīs reaction to the relationship, but I am guessing we will get to see it someway or another in Hallows.
Unless they have decided to leave Harry and Ginnyīs relationship as non existent ( like test screening viewers have said it seems ) and will go on without further actions. Making it only clear they have feelings for eachother , but nothing else. I would hate it , but this would save them the break up scene and I guess this is where they might be heading.

ArryGrotter
June 21st, 2009, 6:10 am
There's also an in-depth 'behind the scenes' look at the opening of the film:

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/half-blood-prince-cast-crew-talk-slughorn-jim-broadbent-65155/

I personally think its funny that they have Slughorn demand a bigger office - then create the set of a huge office :rotfl:

Phrozenone
June 21st, 2009, 6:13 am
According to everyone I speak to at Leavesden, Warners has been remarkably hands off. It's only when Yates started to get a bit arty on The Half-Blood Prince that the studio had something to say.

"The only major run-in we've had since I came on board is regarding the look of this film. We had a fairly major negotiation about its look. Bruno Delbonnel, who was also cinematographer on Amelie, made it look very distinct and different to the previous Potters by using all these monochromatic washes. The studio wanted more colour added to it and we obliged. And actually it's no less artful with the new grade; it looks more beautiful, more inviting. When you're sending 28,000 prints around the world to goodness knows how many cultures, you need a show that pulls you in."

Guess LC was right about the color change :lol:

That's odd that WB thought it was...as the article says..."a bit arty"

Regardless the finished product (What I'm thinking is the final trailer) still looks REALLY good.

There's also an in-depth 'behind the scenes' look at the opening of the film:

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/half-blood-prince-cast-crew-talk-slughorn-jim-broadbent-65155/

I personally think its funny that they have Slughorn demand a bigger office - then create the set of a huge office :rotfl:

Nice article :tu::tu:

Dang I forgot this is about the time all the set previews and stuff come out :lol:

ArryGrotter
June 21st, 2009, 6:43 am
Snitchseeker also has one about romance: http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/half-blood-prince-cast-crew-talk-love-triangles-65157/ and quidditch: http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/cast-crew-talk-fast-rough-half-blood-prince-quidditch-65158/
They say more are to come, too....

Edit: Draco and the Death Eaters http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/new-half-blood-prince-interviews-draco-malfoy-s-death-eater-turn-65160/

ThaiHPFan
June 21st, 2009, 7:29 am
I can't say I like the romance aspects of the story, but I love these articles. All the characterization seems to be perfect.

9th_Wonder
June 21st, 2009, 7:30 am
Great articles ^^^

even though its not part of the book I'm looking forward to the Burrow scene
sounds promising

Phrozenone
June 21st, 2009, 7:38 am
Wow all of those were good reads! It seems the actors really got into their characters this time around and I love how each article is giving a brief summary of the story. I'm really looking forward to Draco this film and from the article it seems Bellatrix may actually question Snape's loyalties afterall.

Montse
June 21st, 2009, 7:57 am
I had not seen all the posters and being a Harry Ginny shipper I must say I loved this one.
http://media.movieweb.com/img/e/g/l/PHeiSkhm56begl_l.jpg
Is it for real or is it fan made, cause I like it very much, but I dont know about this things and get fooled very easily.

ThaiHPFan
June 21st, 2009, 8:00 am
I had not seen all the posters and being a Harry Ginny shipper I must say I loved this one.
http://media.movieweb.com/img/e/g/l/PHeiSkhm56begl_l.jpg
Is it for real or is it fan made, cause I like it very much, but I dont know about this things and get fooled very easily.

It's real.:D

Montse
June 21st, 2009, 8:04 am
It's real
Thanks for clearing that out for me. :)
So then, they do have posters that emphasize the romantic aspects of the film.
I am a hopeless romantic and simply love the posters, but then again, isnīt this setting way too much emphasis on the romance , its like 3 or four posters about the romance in the film.
I have mixed feelings about all of them.

ArryGrotter
June 21st, 2009, 8:06 am
http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/voldemort-s-past-explored-half-blood-prince-cast-crew-65163/ - another one about the memories

Overall these are insightful, but don't give out any new info :lol:

Thanks for clearing that out for me. :)
So then, they do have posters that emphasize the romantic aspects of the film.
I am a hopeless romantic and simply love the posters, but then again, isnīt this setting way too much emphasis on the romance , its like 3 or four posters about the romance in the film.
I have mixed feelings about all of them.

All but the 3 or 4 new ones have been about the darker side of the film - its balancing to have some about the romance too...

Montse
June 21st, 2009, 8:13 am
All but the 3 or 4 new ones have been about the darker side of the film - its balancing to have some about the romance too...
yes but no. I dunno, I love Harry/Ginnyīs poster, You can imagine how much I do.
But still , there is soemthing about focusing posters on the romance that does not settles in my mind properly. Like I said, I do have mixed feelings regarding those posters.:)

Overall these are insightful, but don't give out any new info
Not to us, to the audience they will.:)

katana
June 21st, 2009, 9:53 am
Have we all seen the extended MTV clip?

http://www.dose.ca/video/index.html?releasePID=NBvIDoL_uUJaOHdvqi4lBL84D46A sXgi

Just a couple of shots added at the orphanage, but this seems to be the final version.
I'm not convinced this is the final version either. It just doesn't seem right when DD sets the cabinet on fire and he's sitting on the bed and young Riddle is in the chair, then it cuts to DD telling him about Hogwarts and DD is now standing on the other side of the room facing Riddle who is then sitting...or standing by the bed. I'd hate to think they made a chop right there. I'm thinking/hoping that there is still a bit more to that scene.

And someone mentioned young Riddle opening the box in one of the clips....which clip was that, anyone know?

ArryGrotter
June 21st, 2009, 10:34 am
And someone mentioned young Riddle opening the box in one of the clips....which clip was that, anyone know?

It was in the fourth IMAX trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c04emFtcJPA&feature=PlayList&p=EA33D3B21842830D&index=4 :)

lcbaseball22
June 21st, 2009, 11:04 am
Not to us, to the audience they will.:)

Yeah, but what is the source of these articles? I don't see anything mentioned about where these are published. :hmm:

ArryGrotter
June 21st, 2009, 11:21 am
It seems WB sent them directly to SnitchSeeker

katana
June 21st, 2009, 11:25 am
It was in the fourth IMAX trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c04emFtcJPA&feature=PlayList&p=EA33D3B21842830D&index=4 :)
Thank you Arry!

AccioHP
June 21st, 2009, 4:49 pm
There's going to be a HBP preview during the premiere of Merlin tonight on NBC at 8pm(EST).

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2009/6/21/tv-watch-half-blood-prince-preview-tonight-on-nbc

decarus
June 21st, 2009, 5:32 pm
Yeah, i have seen some short commercials saying there is going to be something for HBP during the merlin show. I will watch it maybe then people on the west coasts can record it.

harry5678
June 21st, 2009, 8:30 pm
There's going to be a HBP preview during the premiere of Merlin tonight on NBC at 8pm(EST).

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2009/6/21/tv-watch-half-blood-prince-preview-tonight-on-nbc

I'm gonna watch it!!! I hope it's got some new stuff in it! Hey guys, if any of you don't get a chance to see it, don't worry, i'm going to try and record it.

Noldus
June 21st, 2009, 9:26 pm
The film opens soon:D It looks good, though I have still some consern. If they cut Madame Rosmerta, how is Draco going to know Dumbledore is gone and when he comes back from the cave? How does he know about Dumbledore being at the astronomy tower? And what about the necklace? Remember, Draco was doing attention with McGonagall when Katie was attacked by it. If he doesnīt in the film, it will be obviously that Draco was responsible for this. However, it seem like they have done a good job explaining the vanishing cabinet. But if the battle is cut, whatīs the matter of bringing in all those deatheaters. Does Draco feel more confident on his mission then? And they donīt attack the students, just walks silently away. If they destroy the protection Dumbledore sat up for the castle though (if thatīs possible:p) I am happy:cool:

AccioHP
June 21st, 2009, 9:31 pm
I'm gonna watch it!!! I hope it's got some new stuff in it! Hey guys, if any of you don't get a chance to see it, don't worry, i'm going to try and record it.

Thanks! :)

harry5678
June 21st, 2009, 11:04 pm
Thanks! :)

No problem, i always record the special previews for the hp films when the come on, i just sometimes forget when they're on, so thank you for reminding me, becuase i had forgotten. lol

Gah, the more i listen to the soundtrack smaple the more and more i wantto hear the whole thing, but who knows i might actually wait until after i see the movie to listen the full score, that way if there is some even more awesome music in the movie i can experince it for the first time with the scene which would make the film so much more powerful for me, considering muic is something we've hardly gotten a dose of yet.

katana
June 21st, 2009, 11:35 pm
I'm watching Merlin tonight. Hopefully the HBP bit isn't too lame. :|

decarus
June 22nd, 2009, 12:03 am
I just want it to be something new.

harry5678
June 22nd, 2009, 12:16 am
I just want it to be something new.

Ditto.

Does anyone know what it is specifially? Behind-the-Scenes, a Tv Spot, ANOTHER Trailer, or maybe a Clip? hmmm, at this point i think they'd start releasing some more clips. I think its either going to be a behind-the-scenes thing, or a clip, or maybe a combination of both, i honestly dont think they'd get us hyped up over a new trailer or a tv spot. So yeah either a clip, behind-the-scene or both combined. What do you guys think?

decarus
June 22nd, 2009, 1:08 am
I would think behind the scenes or new clip as well. We are at three weeks and a few days and counting, so it is about time for all that. Three weeks, 24 days. Awesome.

harry5678
June 22nd, 2009, 1:30 am
Hey guys, i'm just checking....If the Merlin premire (with the hbp sneak peek of course) comes on at 8 (EST) doesn't that mean it would come on at 7 (CST)? Just double checking to make sure I don't miss it.

P.S.- I made a new Signature!!!! Lol, sorry for the off-topicness

lcbaseball22
June 22nd, 2009, 1:39 am
Hey guys, i'm just checking....If the Merlin premire (with the hbp sneak peek of course) comes on at 8 (EST) doesn't that mean it would come on at 7 (CST)? Just double checking to make sure I don't miss it.

P.S.- I made a new Signature!!!! Lol, sorry for the off-topicness

Yeah, technically that should be the case but if you live in the pacific time zone like I do that's not always how it is. For me it SHOULD be on at 5, so in like 20 minutes here but as with the MTV awards which were supposed to be live, I'm guessing this program will be 3 hrs later as well at 8 PT. I'm confused though, I thought this Merlin show was premiering on Monday, not Sunday :hmm: Well, I hope it's something new

btw, cool sig! :tu:

decarus
June 22nd, 2009, 1:47 am
I actually think it means 8:00 no matter what time zone you are in, so if you are in central i think it is 8:00 Central. I would check anyways to be sure.

harry5678
June 22nd, 2009, 1:48 am
Yeah, technically that should be the case but if you live in the pacific time zone like I do that's not always how it is.

Thanks for your help, alright, now i've got a fresh dvd ready for recording, and ive got my dvd player hooked up to my computer, and my youtube page thing ready to upload, i'm ready, and i'm hoping it's a new decently lengthed clip! Hmm, if it is a clip what clip do you guys think they might show? You know what'd be pretty awesome, if they showed a 9 minute trailer of just Half-Blood Prince like they did for The Day The Earth Stood Still (On Fox i think) as well as for Batman Begins (on the WB Channel). Welp, whatever it is i surely hope that it hs some brand new stuff in it!!! :drool: I cannot wait!

Wow, if i'm doing this for a little preview on Tv, i can only imagine how badly i'll be freaking out during the midnight showing!:err:

EDIT: Woot! It's about to start!!!

EDIT 2: Come on, End the golf game...Any second....

lcbaseball22
June 22nd, 2009, 1:52 am
Thanks for your help, alright, now i've got a fresh dvd ready for recording, and ive got my dvd player hooked up to my computer, and my youtube page thing ready to upload, i'm ready, and i'm hoping it's a new decently lengthed clip! Hmm, if it is a clip what clip do you guys think they might show? You know what'd be pretty awesome, if they showed a 9 minute trailer of just Half-Blood Prince like they did for The Day The Earth Stood Still (On Fox i think) as wll as for Batman Begins (on the WB Channel). Welp, whatever it is i surely hope that it hs some brand new stuff in it!!! :drool: I cannot wait!

Wow, if i'm doing this for a little preview on Tv, i can only imagine how badly i'll be freaking out during the midnight showing!:err:

Wow, 9 minute trailer?! I don't know about that, but I do remember them showing like an entire 5 minute clip from TDK on ESPN I think it was. But I doubt it'll be anything that extravagant. Anyways, so in addition to this whatever we are expecting, it looks like there was a new preview shown in foreign theatres, it's really crappy qaulity cause someone tried filming the theatre screen but there is some new bits:

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/video-new-half-blood-prince-preview-advert-65175/

Montse
June 22nd, 2009, 1:53 am
If they cut Madame Rosmerta, how is Draco going to know Dumbledore is gone and when he comes back from the cave? How does he know about Dumbledore being at the astronomy tower? And what about the necklace? Remember, Draco was doing attention with McGonagall when Katie was attacked by it. If he doesnīt in the film, it will be obviously that Draco was responsible for this. However, it seem like they have done a good job explaining the vanishing cabinet. But if the battle is cut, whatīs the matter of bringing in all those deatheaters. Does Draco feel more confident on his mission then? And they donīt attack the students, just walks silently away. If they destroy the protection Dumbledore sat up for the castle though (if thatīs possible) I am happy

I have been skimming through the list to see if there was an answer there, but either it wasnīt or I missed it. Itīs not like her character is really necesary, I am sure they have found a way around this and a logical explenation, or at least an explanation even if it is not logical. Films dont explain stuff like books do, and as long as the story flows people are pleased even if the explenation does not please us fans.

If anyone knows how they will explain the necklace and Dracoīs awareness of Dumbledore being in the astronomy tower do tell, cause now I have gotten curious as well.:)

decarus
June 22nd, 2009, 2:06 am
Well the shows are running late because of the Open. Which means we may all end up seeing this HBP thing around the same time. I hope that they don't show dateline. They probably will. The thing that is usually at the same time is stuff that is live like sports events such as the Open or the president speaking. Tiger is on the 18th, i think, so hopefully this is the end.

AccioHP
June 22nd, 2009, 2:07 am
I have NBC on but golf is still on lol

Edit: It's on!!

I wonder when the preview will be. I'm thinking in the middle of the show or towards the end so people actually stay tuned to the show.

decarus
June 22nd, 2009, 2:09 am
It started. Tiger is done. Only ten minutes late, not too bad.

harry5678
June 22nd, 2009, 2:11 am
Okay, Merlin has officially started so now i will keep long watch. I will post back after i see it and let you guys know if was able to capture it, my dvd is recording now, but it'll be in higher quaility if i record directly from my computer. So, cya guys..... for now.

EDIT: Awwww!!! It's the Memory Scene...dang!!! Hmm...lemme keep watchin maybe it's the extended version.

EDIT 2: Yup, It's the extended version

lcbaseball22
June 22nd, 2009, 2:22 am
Here is a direct link to that HBP preview vid- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck0jWTlg1N8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esnitchseeker%2Ecom%2Fharry %2Dpotter%2Dnews%2Fvideo%2Dnew%2Dhalf%2Dblood%2Dpr ince%2Dpreview%2Dadvert%2D65175%2F&feature=player_embedded

decarus
June 22nd, 2009, 2:31 am
Here is a direct link to that HBP preview vid- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck0jWTlg1N8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esnitchseeker%2Ecom%2Fharry %2Dpotter%2Dnews%2Fvideo%2Dnew%2Dhalf%2Dblood%2Dpr ince%2Dpreview%2Dadvert%2D65175%2F&feature=player_embedded

What is up with the sound? It looks like the part after the necklace. I wonder if she is saying it is you three again or something like that.

katana
June 22nd, 2009, 2:35 am
^That's not the Merlin clip is it?!
She says something about why is it always you three when there's trouble? And Ron says something about he's wondered that himself every year.
I don't get Merlin for another 1/2 hour.

decarus
June 22nd, 2009, 2:40 am
You have got to be kidding me. They just showed the orphanage memory just like it was a few days ago. I hoped it was going to be something new, maybe they will show something else. I am going to keep watching.

I shouldn't complain. It was nice to see a clip on television on a bigger screen.

harry5678
June 22nd, 2009, 2:44 am
Yeah, now that i see on television, i definately don't think that's the final version I can tell something was cut out, because once the wardrobe lit on fire, the music started slowly rising and then it just stopped when it switched to Dumbledoe, so yeah there's something missing in there, most likely when Tom Riddle looks in the wardrobe, is cut out, and i still think that when Tom sits down and the doctor line, will be in the final cut of the film. Plus, i just noticed that it looks almost as if they tried to cut around "They find me...whisper things." when he tells Dumbledore he can talk to snakes at the end of the clip. I think in the movie it'll be more like "I can speak to snakes too...They find me....Whisper things. Isn't that normal for someone like me?".

Sacred_Memories
June 22nd, 2009, 3:00 am
When will the Merlin thing end?

katana
June 22nd, 2009, 3:31 am
Well, that was a bummer. We've already seen that clip. :(

decarus
June 22nd, 2009, 3:55 am
You know i think the dragon's voice in this Merlin is the guy who plays Ollivander. Still nothing new only 15 minutes left.

PS. It's over and nothing new. Only the orphanage clip earlier on the same that was released a few days ago. Too bad.

katana
June 22nd, 2009, 4:41 am
Well, I guess it was good for people who may have not seen it yet.
And yes, the dragon is Ollivander.

ally_xx
June 22nd, 2009, 5:02 am
I still haven't seen any trailers or tv spots on tv. And I watch a lot of tv! Well, mainly channel 10 and channel 9, but still! Weird though. And I haven't seen any previews at the movies either. Suppose it's a good thing though, seeing as I made a vow not to watch anymore until the actualy movie itself :lol:

Nadia
June 22nd, 2009, 7:28 am
Ok everyone, enough off-topic posts. If you want to discuss midnight releases, please move to The Midnight Showing of HBP (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=115609). Some posts have been deleted.

ArryGrotter
June 22nd, 2009, 8:44 am
Pity nothing new... But what is even more annoying is that Viacom has a copyright claim over the orphanage scene, so it's almost no where online! (And the extended version is only, to my knowledge, on that Canadian site!)

About the new trailer thing - we'd heard about that scene and it's cool to see it, but sad we can't hear it yet.

DML1991
June 22nd, 2009, 9:09 am
There is an extended bit after Dumbledore tells him about hogwarts, where Riddle talks about being able to talk to snakes.

Hysteria
June 22nd, 2009, 9:16 am
ally_xx
I still haven't seen any trailers or tv spots on tv. And I watch a lot of tv! Well, mainly channel 10 and channel 9, but still! Weird though. And I haven't seen any previews at the movies either. Suppose it's a good thing though, seeing as I made a vow not to watch anymore until the actualy movie itself
Me either but I saw some cool displays at the cinema and a HUGE billboard by the road near my house which makes me giddy (and afraid I might crash :lol:)

Today I was asked if I'd like to pre-order HBP on DVD :huh: that seems a bit premature.

ArryGrotter
June 22nd, 2009, 10:07 am
I saw my first HBP TV spot! :D
During Shortland Street, a well watched prime-time NZ show, it went to ad break and the ENTIRE ad-break was this 1-2 min TV spot! :D No new footage - it was basically the full trailer. This is so exciting! I never thought I'd get them here this early, afterall I just saw the TV spot for Transformers for the first time yesterday, and that comes out tomorrow!!!
I am so happy! :D :clap: :rockon:

lcbaseball22
June 22nd, 2009, 10:11 am
There is a vid with all the soundtrack previews, for those that haven't listened yet- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEnuHi5Eq7s

Gaian
June 22nd, 2009, 10:44 am
There is a vid with all the soundtrack previews, for those that haven't listened yet- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEnuHi5Eq7s

Thanks for the link! :tu: It sounds good, but I'd like to hear more to have a definitive idea. My soon-to-be-six-year-old son told me that Weasley Wheezes reminds him of The Incredibles soundtrack. :D

lcbaseball22
June 22nd, 2009, 10:53 am
Thanks for the link! :tu: It sounds good, but I'd like to hear more to have a definitive idea. My soon-to-be-six-year-old son told me that Weasley Wheezes reminds him of The Incredibles soundtrack. :D

It sounds like big band swing music from like the 30's to me. :lol:

Kanksha
June 22nd, 2009, 2:07 pm
Thank god the Merlin clip wasn't a new one otherwise my resolve would have been sorely tested :p

Also, the combination of the two posters Boush made a couple of pages ago, awesome!! :tu:

boushh
June 22nd, 2009, 6:13 pm
^^ Thanks. :)

I watched the clip on Merlin last night. I was slightly disappointed that we had seen it already, but it was still cool to see it on TV.

Noldus
June 22nd, 2009, 10:01 pm
The film opens soon:) It looks good, though I have still some consern. If they cut Madame Rosmerta, how is Draco going to know Dumbledore is gone and when he comes back from the cave? How does he know about Dumbledore being at the astronomy tower? And what about the necklace? Remember, Draco was doing attention with McGonagall when Katie was attacked by it. If he doesnīt in the film, it will be obviously that Draco was responsible for this. However, it seem like they have done a good job explaining the vanishing cabinet. But if the battle is cut, whatīs the matter of bringing in all those deatheaters. Does Draco feel more confident on his mission then? And they donīt attack the students, just walks silently away. If they destroy the protection Dumbledore sat up for the castle though (if thatīs possible:p) I am happy:cool:

I have been skimming through the list to see if there was an answer there, but either it wasnīt or I missed it. Itīs not like her character is really necesary, I am sure they have found a way around this and a logical explenation, or at least an explanation even if it is not logical. Films dont explain stuff like books do, and as long as the story flows people are pleased even if the explenation does not please us fans.

If anyone knows how they will explain the necklace and Dracoīs awareness of Dumbledore being in the astronomy tower do tell, cause now I have gotten curious as well.:)

We need some help on this, people:)
I have been thinking a while and I wonder if we may assume that Snape told Draco these things on Dumbledoreīs order?

lcbaseball22
June 22nd, 2009, 10:25 pm
The film opens soon:) It looks good, though I have still some consern. If they cut Madame Rosmerta, how is Draco going to know Dumbledore is gone and when he comes back from the cave? How does he know about Dumbledore being at the astronomy tower?

We need some help on this, people:)
I have been thinking a while and I wonder if we may assume that Snape told Draco these things on Dumbledoreīs order?

I don't think it really matters, does it? :whistle: Madame Rosmerta is pointless really, it's the coins that were kinda important for communication but they cut those out of the 5th film and naturally this one as well. So how does he know? He just does, take it at face value I guess. :shrug:

Noldus
June 22nd, 2009, 10:41 pm
Draco used Madame Rosmerta to give the necklace to Katie and send the mead to Hogwarth. My biggest concern is that Dracoīs mission is going to be too easy to predict for those who havenīt read the book. I think I have talked about this earlier, I just canīt let it go:p
And why bringing in all those deatheaters? Why does he come alone to face Dumbledore? Because they all disperse to find Dumbledore?
The coins can be introduced in this one:) Perhaps by the twins so the audience now about them:D

Come on people, post your theories:D

ally_xx
June 23rd, 2009, 5:24 am
I am sort of against the way they cut characters out because they think the characters "aren't important" or "aren't worth introducing". They mean everything in the books, and I agree with you Noldus, I think Madam Rosmerta needs to be in this film. Otherwise the non-book-readers are going to easily predict Draco's mission. How is the necklace going to get into the female toilets so Katie can get it? Who is going to tell Harry and Dumbledore that the dark mark is hovering over the school?

I don't get it sometimes, and I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I really do not see the point in cutting characters. Especially with the cutting of Scrimegour, that has greatly annoyed me!

IenjoyAcidPops
June 23rd, 2009, 5:38 am
I would say that cutting Madam Rosmerta, the gold coins, and certain other bits of plain exposition at that point would be done for the sake of keeping that scene with Malfoy on the astronomy tower focused on the emotion of the moment rather than tying up every loose end; I genuinely doubt that the share of the audience that hasn't read the book will be questioning then how who exactly gave Katie the necklace or got the poisoned mead into the school, or how they contacted Malfoy, and so on.

(Also, Rosmerta doesn't play a role in HBP beyond a plot point, and I think it would be rather a waste of Julie Christie.)

ArryGrotter
June 23rd, 2009, 5:39 am
How is the necklace going to get into the female toilets so Katie can get it? Who is going to tell Harry and Dumbledore that the dark mark is hovering over the school

1) Draco will be in the Three Broomsticks and do it himself
2) The Dark Mark is cast after DD's death and they apparate straight back to the tower anyway, so it does not matter.

ally_xx
June 23rd, 2009, 6:31 am
1) Draco will be in the Three Broomsticks and do it himself
2) The Dark Mark is cast after DD's death and they apparate straight back to the tower anyway, so it does not matter.

So Draco is going to be in the girls toilets? Fair enough.

-sigh- I really wanted to see Harry and DD flying into Hogwarts.

ArryGrotter
June 23rd, 2009, 6:34 am
So Draco is going to be in the girls toilets? Fair enough.

Well, according to the script leak, it seems the exchange may not be the toilet (it doesn't really say where it could be)

HERMIONE
Three Butterbeers. Splash of ginger in mine, please.

The kid WHISTLES and the rag leaps back into his pocket. Harry continues to eye Slughorn, when he sees Draco. They lock eyes briefly, then Draco exits.

RON
Aw, bloody hell...........[later on].........SLUGHORN (CONT'D)
Oops! All hands on deck, Granger!

Hermione smiles thinly, when a WHISTLE is heard and the FILTHY RAG is back, whisking away Slughorn's mess as the SKINNY KID slides three foaming mugs onto the table. (In the b.g. Katie Bell emerges from the back, starts for the exit. Her friend LEANNE follows her out.)

SLUGHORN (CONT'D)
Listen, m'boy. In the old days, I used to throw together the occasional supper and invite a select student or two. Would you be game.

ally_xx
June 23rd, 2009, 7:31 am
Well, according to the script leak, it seems the exchange may not be the toilet (it doesn't really say where it could be)

HERMIONE
Three Butterbeers. Splash of ginger in mine, please.

The kid WHISTLES and the rag leaps back into his pocket. Harry continues to eye Slughorn, when he sees Draco. They lock eyes briefly, then Draco exits.

RON
Aw, bloody hell...........[later on].........SLUGHORN (CONT'D)
Oops! All hands on deck, Granger!

Hermione smiles thinly, when a WHISTLE is heard and the FILTHY RAG is back, whisking away Slughorn's mess as the SKINNY KID slides three foaming mugs onto the table. (In the b.g. Katie Bell emerges from the back, starts for the exit. Her friend LEANNE follows her out.)

SLUGHORN (CONT'D)
Listen, m'boy. In the old days, I used to throw together the occasional supper and invite a select student or two. Would you be game.

Hmmm strange. Maybe they are making it out that Draco snuck in there and hid the necklace, then Imperiused Katie to go in there and get it?

lcbaseball22
June 23rd, 2009, 8:32 am
It's about time! I FINALLY saw a HBP TV spot ON TV! :clap:

And it wasn't on a "kiddie" channel either, it was shown during 30 Best and Worst Beach Bodies on E! :lol:

Sorry, that was kinda random. I'm just so happy I finally saw some promotion other than online. Seems it's a quiet news day. :shrug:

So what are we all waiting for now? Clips to be posted on IESB, is that what might be coming next? :hmm:

ally_xx
June 23rd, 2009, 9:12 am
It's about time! I FINALLY saw a HBP TV spot ON TV! :clap:

And it wasn't on a "kiddie" channel either, it was shown during 30 Best and Worst Beach Bodies on E! :lol:

Sorry, that was kinda random. I'm just so happy I finally saw some promotion other than online. Seems it's a quiet news day. :shrug:

So what are we all waiting for now? Clips to be posted on IESB, is that what might be coming next? :hmm:

Haha yay!! I still haven't seen one yet :grumble:

But time will tell!

Noldus
June 23rd, 2009, 12:42 pm
I would say that cutting Madam Rosmerta, the gold coins, and certain other bits of plain exposition at that point would be done for the sake of keeping that scene with Malfoy on the astronomy tower focused on the emotion of the moment rather than tying up every loose end; I genuinely doubt that the share of the audience that hasn't read the book will be questioning then how who exactly gave Katie the necklace or got the poisoned mead into the school, or how they contacted Malfoy, and so on.

(Also, Rosmerta doesn't play a role in HBP beyond a plot point, and I think it would be rather a waste of Julie Christie.)

Neither do I believe that people will questioning such details, and I agree itīs important to focus on the emotion in the scene. Still, I canīt see why the film makers decided to make the film predictable. Did they do it because they wanted to create excitement or to surprise the audience when Snape and not Draco kills Dumbledore? I have read that the trio will talk about unbreakable vows which also may spoil Snapeīs activity in the mission.
I think they should have kept the mystery in the story alive, but there is still a hope that itīs better than my expectation :) I really wish to talk to David Yates:lol:

When it comes to the necklace, Crabbe or Goyle can give it to Katie while Draco is doing attention. We donīt need to see them doing it, but Draco can tell it shortly to Dumbledore at the tower. Katie doesnīt need to tell who it was meant for.
Professor Slughorn donīt need to tell Dumbledore that the mead was meant for him. Then the audience will believe that Draco is trying to attack the entire school or most important, not Dumbledore! Itīs okay that we know Draco is responsible, but not what his mission is until the end.

harry5678
June 23rd, 2009, 8:40 pm
Hey you guys, i went into photoshop and got the Snape/Malfoy "Banner" from the website and removed the "Wallpaper" "Buddy Icons" "Posters" and "Screensaver" words that we never could seem to get the banner without, it's not perfect but i though i'd let you guys who like the banner have it. I also removed the "Menu" Text and the arrow Icons from the Trio Mian Page Banne, and the Slughorn Banner, as well as removed the summary from Dumbledore's Banner. P.S. I thought i'd be okay to post it in here, since i technically didn't make it, I just removed the words:

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/9622/newbanner1j.th.jpg (http://img44.imageshack.us/i/newbanner1j.jpg/) http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/5947/newbanner2.th.jpg (http://img44.imageshack.us/i/newbanner2.jpg/) http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/7048/newbanner3m.th.jpg (http://img44.imageshack.us/i/newbanner3m.jpg/) http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7315/newbanner4.th.jpg (http://img265.imageshack.us/i/newbanner4.jpg/)

TheLostMarauder
June 23rd, 2009, 9:23 pm
Hey guys, new to the site.

Heard there was a new clip of half-blood prince on blue peter, so found the link to iplayer so you can see it. (you have to go to 16:17 minutes to see it).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00l9bc0/Blue_Peter_23_06_2009/

It seems pretty short for a clip so im guessing WB will release a longer version.
It seems good so far to me, but of course ive already read the dialog featured in the scene in leaked scripts and in every test screening review so was a bit upset it wasn't longer :upset:, but hey will probaly get a longer version soon anyway. :)

boushh
June 23rd, 2009, 9:33 pm
^^ I wish I could see it, but I'm not from the UK. Welcome to the site TheLostMarauder! :)

harry5678: Thanks for the backgrounds. They look great. :)

harry5678
June 23rd, 2009, 10:21 pm
EDIT: Hey guys, the VERY short clip from the joke shop that was aired when James and Oliver Phelps were on Blue Peter is on Youtube in HQ (not recorded from a tv screen, High Quaility), this one is a longer version where the clip doesn't start for the first minute or so, (but you can skip to... 1:27 to see it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC77AfcxrnI

I like it, it looks really good! Funny too! I like James and Oliver's delivery of the lines. Lol. Hmmm... if i'm not mistaken "Fireworks" from the Ootp Soundtrack is playing in the background during this scene! That's cool, because that was like a memorable theme that some people can associate with the twins, so it's cool they put that in.

lcbaseball22
June 23rd, 2009, 10:23 pm
^^ I wish I could see it, but I'm not from the UK. Welcome to the site TheLostMarauder! :)

Yeah, same here...but it's up on youtube now, here's the article-

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/videos-half-blood-prince-weasley-joke-shop-scene-airs-blue-peter-updated-65205/

Wasn't that impressed to be honest. :shrug: I actually think Vince and I did better with those lines when we read the scripts on Princewatch :lol:

boushh
June 23rd, 2009, 10:24 pm
Hey guys, the VERY short clip from the joke shop that was aired when James and Oliver Phelps were on Blue Peter is on Youtube, this one is a longer version where the clip doesn't start until the end, but it has ALOT clearer audio than the one with JUST the clip (It starts at 1:14):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5WwPmGsJi0

I like it, it looks really good! Hmmm... if i'm not mistaken "Fireworks" from the Ootp Soundtrack is playing in the background during this scene! That's cool, because that was like a memorable theme that some people can associate with the twins, so it's cool they put that in.

Yup, it's definitely the "Fireworks" track from OotP in the background. I love it as a theme for the twins. :)

It's good to see something different from the film, even if it was just a short taste. Thanks for sharing the link! :)

TheLostMarauder
June 23rd, 2009, 10:41 pm
Is it just me or do Fred and George's face's seem "greyish." :lol: Maybe to much heavy make up, or of course it could just be the lighting.
You can't really see it in the YouTube version though.

harry5678
June 23rd, 2009, 10:45 pm
I wonder if WB will release an HD, longer version of this clip as well? That'd be nice if they did. I tend to be collector of the trailer, cips, tv spots, etc... but i think that if they do it probably wont be today, maybe tomorrow...

lcbaseball22
June 23rd, 2009, 11:00 pm
I wonder if WB will release an HD, longer version of this clip as well? That'd be nice if they did. I tend to be collector of the trailer, cips, tv spots, etc... but i think that if they do it probably wont be today, maybe tomorrow...

Yeah, that would be nice :tu:

Oh guys, I just noticed that MGnet captured the clip (without the show) themselves and has a much better quality version up on Youtube-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2o3JrWIRxs

Montse
June 23rd, 2009, 11:02 pm
That was nice, to get a glimpse of something new. Even if it is such an incredible small bit. :)
I am really looking forward to see the jokeshop, and Fred and George in their splendid store. I would have liked it better if they were wearing magenta robes like in the book, that would have been a sight! But I think they will do great anyways.
Thanks for the link Scott, the other two would not work for me:)

PureBloodGirl
June 23rd, 2009, 11:27 pm
Youtube is not working for me today so I'll just skip looking at these new clips. Besides, I'm really tired of seeing practically the whole movie. Just bring us the full movie already.

This got me really angry yesterday: http://movies.msn.com/mom-pop-culture/harry-potter-lost-magic/story/?GT1=MPC1

Harry Potter is not losing it's magic and I think all of us are looking forward to Half-Blood Prince. It will be SO much better than the thing mentioned in that article which I will not name here.

lcbaseball22
June 23rd, 2009, 11:43 pm
This got me really angry yesterday: http://movies.msn.com/mom-pop-culture/harry-potter-lost-magic/story/?GT1=MPC1

Harry Potter is not losing it's magic and I think all of us are looking forward to Half-Blood Prince. It will be SO much better than the thing mentioned in that article which I will not name here.

Wow, yeah...I'm with you there :grumble:

That other thing not to be mentioned by name only appeals to one gender and certain ages of that gender. It's ridiculous and a complete lie to even suggest that Half Blood Prince was pushed back because it was "scared" of the "popular vampire franchise" (popular? since when?) Harry Potter, on the other hand is a worldwide phenomenon, which appeals to guys AND girls, young AND old, jocks AND geeks, etc :p

I don't think HP is losing it's touch either. I'm confident HBP will excel at the box office this summer and maybe even beat out Transformers 2 for the highest grossing film of the year. I'm actually noticing that many not previously interested in Potter are excited for this film :cool:

FleurDeLaPointe
June 23rd, 2009, 11:52 pm
Youtube is not working for me today so I'll just skip looking at these new clips. Besides, I'm really tired of seeing practically the whole movie. Just bring us the full movie already.

That article is hilarious and almost satirical considering the author and that one post riddled with spelling mistakes.

lcbaseball22
June 23rd, 2009, 11:58 pm
There is an article on Snitchseeker concerning the visual effects, kinda interesting but it uses some pretty technical terminology :lol:

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/visual-effects-supervisor-talks-half-blood-prince-65217/

harry5678
June 24th, 2009, 12:34 am
There is an article on Snitchseeker concerning the visual effects, kinda interesting but it uses some pretty technical terminology :lol:

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/visual-effects-supervisor-talks-half-blood-prince-65217/

Does it make me weird that I know exactly what they're talking about?

phoenix88
June 24th, 2009, 1:09 am

I am a twilight fan but I still think it's pretty ridiculous to think that HBP was delayed because they were scared of twilight. Twilight back in august of last year was nowhere near the phenomenon it is now, and I really think it's the other way around- twilight probably did better than it would have because HBP was delayed.

Having said that, I do think twilight has become more popular as a pop culture in the last few months; but I don't see how that would detract from HP's popularity. I do agree that the summer 2007 was really when HP was at its height because we had both OOTP and, most importantly, DH was coming out. HBP won't have that advantage of coinciding with a book release that was a conclusion of a 10 year series. The only way we would ever know which is more popular is if new moon came out the same weekend as HBP.

That would be a really interesting face-off, but I still think HBP would win and since that is not the case I think HBP will do just fine.

FemmeCerebus
June 24th, 2009, 1:17 am
I don't see them in competition, for one thing, Twilight has sex and HP doesn't. I think Twilight's casting of Robert Pattison was brilliant. (a) he's very gifted, (b) it created buzz in the HP world. If anything, they seem to be complementary products, with a lot of cross appeal.

I do agree that the summer 2007 was really when HP was at its height because we had both OOTP and, most importantly, DH was coming out. HBP won't have that advantage of coinciding with a book release that was a conclusion of a 10 year series.

That's true, and Twilight is the start with fresh books (for the avid reader crowd).

I think that people will have to show for the death of Dumbledore. I don't know what movie 7A is going to do. 7B I'm sure will fill the seats.

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 1:23 am
Actually I think the MEDIA has moved on from HP. I was at the mall today and I didn't see ONE magazine for HBP. I went to New York City yesterday and nothing for HBP. I see HBP banners on a few of the buses and Hot Topic has a small stand for HBP in the middle of the store and they were playing a mini-trailer for HBP on one of the mall's HD TV moniters but it's not as marketed or hyped as OOTP was, two years ago. HP is just not the 'fad' anymore, but that doesn't bother me. I never liked HP because it was popular, I loved it the moment I read all the books. I love it for the story, the characters and the world.

On the other hand, I've had quite a few people on the street who upon seeing me wearing a HBP T-shirt ask me when the movie was coming out.

So while the MEDIA has moved on to trying to hype up Twilight, the general public may be very excited for HBP. It just hasn't been marketed very well at all, IMO. The delay kinda drew out the wait for something new from HP a little too much.

And this continued marketing of HP as 'children's fare' does NOT help at all. Though, I was happy to see the book store in the city has moved the HP books from the baby section to 'young adult'. ABOUT TIME! :whistle: :cool:

harry5678
June 24th, 2009, 1:25 am
I am a twilight fan but I still think it's pretty ridiculous to think that HBP was delayed because they were scared of twilight. Twilight back in august of last year was nowhere near the phenomenon it is now, and I really think it's the other way around- twilight probably did better than it would have because HBP was delayed.

Exactly, between Hbp and twilight there's no competetion, it wouldn't be fair, but i think that whole rumor about HbP moving is just stupid, probably a twilight fan that's waaay too into the series. I also agree with the fact that had HbP come out in November, Twilight would've been crushed and Hbp would've made a killing at the box office. It's just HbP looks better in general to me.

phoenix88
June 24th, 2009, 1:54 am
I don't see them in competition, for one thing, Twilight has sex and HP doesn't. I think Twilight's casting of Robert Pattison was brilliant. (a) he's very gifted, (b) it created buzz in the HP world. If anything, they seem to be complementary products, with a lot of cross appeal.

I think that people will have to show for the death of Dumbledore. I don't know what movie 7A is going to do. 7B I'm sure will fill the seats.

Yes, it was brilliant for them to cast Cedric in twilight. Honestly, the only reason why I picked up the books in the first place was because I had heard "cedric" was in the movie and HBP was delayed. I do know a lot of people that are both HP and twilight fans. I don't see why the media keeps thinking the two are mutually exclusive.

I do think HBP will do well, but I just don't see it in the media the way it used to be. I have seen a few billboards for HBP at the malls but it's not the way it was 2 yrs ago where everywhere I turned I saw some type of HP memorabilia.

I still think if HP came out last nov, when there was nothing going on, it would have had more buzz than it does now.

Exactly, between Hbp and twilight there's no competetion, it wouldn't be fair, but i think that whole rumor about HbP moving is just stupid, probably a twilight fan that's waaay too into the series. I also agree with the fact that had HbP come out in November, Twilight would've been crushed and Hbp would've made a killing at the box office. It's just HbP looks better in general to me.

Yes, I think twilight would have been crushed if the 2 films faced off in nov. I don't think that would be true now seeing how twilight has skyrocketed in HP's absence.

Actually I think the MEDIA has moved on from HP. I was at the mall today and I didn't see ONE magazine for HBP. I went to New York City yesterday and nothing for HBP. I see HBP banners on a few of the buses and Hot Topic has a small stand for HBP in the middle of the store and they were playing a mini-trailer for HBP on one of the mall's HD TV moniters but it's not as marketed or hyped as OOTP was, two years ago. HP is just not the 'fad' anymore, but that doesn't bother me. I never liked HP because it was popular, I loved it the moment I read all the books. I love it for the story, the characters and the world.
:

Yes, I completely agree. We as fans haven't moved on, but the media clearly has. I feel like I see twilight/Rob Pattinson everywhere even though new moon is months away; but aside from a few billboards and posters I haven't seen much of HBP at all. I have seen a couple of tv spots, but I think the delay really hurt the momentum of the HP franchise. It's a good thing DH is already filming!!

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 2:14 am
That would be a really interesting face-off, but I still think HBP would win and since that is not the case I think HBP will do just fine.

Yeah, that would quite interesting if HBP and New Moon faced off. Too bad they aren't releasing at the same time or we could end this debate once and for all :p As others have said I think HBP would absolutely crush this supposed "competition". My prediction would be a 3 to 1 victory at the box office- 300 mil for HBP and 100 mil for New Moon. No contest, IMO. The demographic of the latter is very limited.

Actually I think the MEDIA has moved on from HP

Hmm, yeah that's an intriguing thought. It's not the general public that's moved on, but the media and that creates a false perception :relax:

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 2:16 am
Yeah, that would quite interesting if HBP and New Moon faced off. Too bad they aren't releasing at the same time or we could end this debate once and for all :p As others have said I think HBP would absolutely crush this supposed "competition". My prediction would be a 3 to 1 victory at the box office- 300 mil for HBP and 100 mil for New Moon. No contest, IMO. The demographic of the latter is very limited.

Oh no, Scott...are you saying you want another delay, for HBP to be moved to November 21 2009?! :p ;)

Hmm, yeah that's an intriguing thought. It's not the general public that's moved on, but the media and that creates a false perception :relax:

Exactly.

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 2:22 am
Oh no, Scott...are you saying you want another delay, for HBP to be moved to November 21 2009?! :p ;)

Or how about they just move New Moon up to July 15th, if they're so confident they can take down the juggernaut :p

Yeah, I realize it's probably not finished...but not like it's going to get any better, right? :lol: Look no further than the X-Men work print

So do you guys know how far in advance midnight showings tend to sell out? I still haven't purchased my ticket for Half Blood Prince :whistle:

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 2:25 am
Or how about they just move New Moon up to July 15th, if they're so confident they can take down the juggernaut :p

Yeah, I realize it's probably not finished...but it's not like it's going to get any better :lol:

So do you guys know how far in advance midnight showings tend to sell out? I still haven't purchased my ticket for HBP :whistle:

It depends on location, theater, etc. There's no way to judge really. I say get it now! :p Better safe than sorry, right?

Speaking of Twilight verses HP, I'm so happy the release date for the Breaking Dawn movie is now: 2011. Maybe the two series's climaxes will be shown around the same time and it'd reveal how awful Twilight really is. I heard even hardcore fans hated the ending.

boushh
June 24th, 2009, 2:35 am

While I do agree with you that the promotion hasn't really hit yet (I fully believe it will ramp up) you must have not been to the Times Square Station in NYC. The pictures I have seen are crazy and my brother texted me from there the other day and said it was like they completely took over the station with HBP stuff. Completely out of control. It's inside the station though. I can provide the exact location if needed, though I have not been there myself yet, I used to go to that station every day. :)

Hagrid442
June 24th, 2009, 2:53 am
It's rare when I see more than one movie in a year at the theaters. Don't think I've ever done 2 in a month! Yes, HBP will be one of them. I hope it doesn't disappoint like Angels and Demons. And Public Enemies looks like it will be sweet.

Ok... sorry. I digress. Watching all these trailers and clips has rekindled some of my Pottermania. Might re-read the series again. :lol:

I also liked those soundtrack clips. Excuse my ignorance, but where were they found?

ally_xx
June 24th, 2009, 2:59 am
I broke my vow :yuhup:

Couldn't resist watching the short clip of the twins in their joke shop. I shall now go and hang my head in shame.

*sits in corner and hangs head*

Montse
June 24th, 2009, 3:22 am
These books are good enough that they should be considered classics. The movies, for the most part, have been good, too. This is why I'll be at the theater the day "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" opens. For me, at least, the magic is as strong as ever.

This is how the article Purebloodgirl linked ends. May I say for me, the magic still as strong as ever too.
I dont care if Potter is popular or not either, I like it and for me that is enough. But I wont deny I would be pleased if the media still thought Potter was worth more publicity.To me it is and I wish it would be as popular as ever. Here in my country it is worse than ever , they still dont have a single poster related to Harry Potter which really annoys me.

I really hope the film turns out to be real good and makes these people eat their words for thinking Potter has lost his magic.For the true fans like many of us the magic will be there for ever.

phoenix88
June 24th, 2009, 3:50 am
It depends on location, theater, etc. There's no way to judge really. I say get it now! :p Better safe than sorry, right?

Speaking of Twilight verses HP, I'm so happy the release date for the Breaking Dawn movie is now: 2011. Maybe the two series's climaxes will be shown around the same time and it'd reveal how awful Twilight really is. I heard even hardcore fans hated the ending.

Well between breaking dawn and DH part 2 there's seriously no contest. DH would definitely win that for sure. New moomn vs HBP would be somewhat of a closer fight but I think HBP would still win. Twilight made $190 million, so my guess is new moon would pull in more maybe $220. HBP would still break $250 million but I don't think it could match the $290 million of ootp. I guess that's best left in the box office thread.

Hard to believe we only have 3 wks left to wait.

IenjoyAcidPops
June 24th, 2009, 3:58 am
I just saw a TV spot, while watching Better Off Ted on ABC; no new clips far as I could tell (Katie rising in the air, Snape's "it's over," "FIGHT BACK, YOU COWARD," Dumbledore conjuring the fire in the cave, etc.), but very exciting nonetheless. I'm avoiding new clips anyway.

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 4:04 am
Well between breaking dawn and DH part 2 there's seriously no contest. DH would definitely win that for sure. New moomn vs HBP would be somewhat of a closer fight but I think HBP would still win. Twilight made $190 million, so my guess is new moon would pull in more maybe $220.

Hard to believe we only have 3 wks left to wait.

Actually, don't be suprised if like half of the first films' audience was turned off and doesn't return, thus not even breaking 100 mil. ;)

Yeah, it is kinda hard to believe 8 extra months of waiting are almost over! :clap:

I broke my vow :yuhup:

Couldn't resist watching the short clip of the twins in their joke shop. I shall now go and hang my head in shame.

*sits in corner and hangs head*

:lol:

I told you so :p Was it worth it? Personally this was quite possibly my most anticipated "lighthearted" scene, but after what I saw today, now I'm not so sure. Wasn't impressed, the delivery was very flat, IMO. Still excited to see the rest of the WWW Joke Shop scene though :tu:

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 4:23 am
New scene added to HBP:

http://www.snitchseeker.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=469&pos=3

Who is this guy? Another death eater? Wow, so the death eaters have time to check a book out of the library before leaving? Dumbledore really doesn't care about security in the film. :rolleyes:

ally_xx
June 24th, 2009, 4:31 am

I told you so :p Was it worth it? Personally this was quite possibly my most anticipated "lighthearted" scene, but after what I saw today, now I'm not so sure. Wasn't impressed, the delivery was very flat, IMO. Still excited to see the rest of the WWW Joke Shop scene though :tu:

Sadly, I don't think it was really worth it. They seemed so flat (like you said) and there was no emotion. Didn't really seem like they were trying :(

AccioHP
June 24th, 2009, 4:34 am
I watched the Wizard Wheezes clip. It was cool to see even if it was really short.

:lol: He's even wearing a Gryffindor colored scarf. Surley a Death Eater wouldn't wear a scarf, and if he did I would think it'd be green for Slytherin

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 4:44 am
New scene added to HBP:

http://www.snitchseeker.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=469&pos=3

Who is this guy? Another death eater? Wow, so the death eaters have time to check a book out of the library before leaving? Dumbledore really doesn't care about security in the film. :rolleyes:

:huh:

Sadly, I don't think it was really worth it. They seemed so flat (like you said) and there was no emotion. Didn't really seem like they were trying :(

Yeah, that's what I meant. There was like no feeling behind the lines :shrug:

boushh
June 24th, 2009, 4:48 am
:huh:

I assumed MoD was joking?

danno
June 24th, 2009, 4:49 am
I was ready for this movie last July (until... we all know what happened) so you can only imagine how ready I am for this! I really hope they don't mess this up...

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 4:49 am
I assumed MoD was joking?

Well, let's hope so...or else I'm afraid this wait (which is almost over, thank God) is driving him loopy :yuhup: :lol:

boushh
June 24th, 2009, 4:57 am
Well, let's hope so...or else I'm afraid this wait (which is almost over, thank God) is driving him loopy :yuhup: :lol:

Well whether he was joking or not, we can all rest assured that isn't some random death eater (LOL) wandering through the library. ;)

ally_xx
June 24th, 2009, 5:02 am
Bahahahahaha I had no idea what was going on!! I'm thinking "What, new Death Eater? Where!! .... Hang on, this guy isn't a character .... or is he? Whaaaaa!!!" :rotfl:

wizard_master
June 24th, 2009, 5:04 am
Bahahahahaha I had no idea what was going on!! I'm thinking "What, new Death Eater? Where!! .... Hang on, this guy isn't a character .... or is he? Whaaaaa!!!" :rotfl:

:rotfl:

He is prob;y a stage guy :lol:

9th_Wonder
June 24th, 2009, 5:05 am
haha :lol:
Yates sounds like such a nice guy in the interviews I've seen, I can't picture him ever being a death eater

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 5:16 am
But that's the thing...maybe he isn't a death eater...maybe he's a good man under the Imperious curse!! Alan Horn is the true death eater controlling him!

boushh
June 24th, 2009, 5:19 am
But that's the thing...maybe he isn't a death eater...maybe he's a good man under the Imperious curse!! Alan Horn is the true death eater controlling him!

That's probably not too far from the truth. ;)

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 5:29 am
That's probably not too far from the truth. ;)

With news like this, I wonder:

According to everyone I speak to at Leavesden, Warners has been remarkably hands off. It's only when Yates started to get a bit arty on The Half-Blood Prince that the studio had something to say. "The only major run-in we've had since I came on board is regarding the look of this film. We had a fairly major negotiation about its look. Bruno Delbonnel, who was also cinematographer on Amelie, made it look very distinct and different to the previous Potters by using all these monochromatic washes. The studio wanted more colour added to it and we obliged. And actually it's no less artful with the new grade; it looks more beautiful, more inviting. When you're sending 28,000 prints around the world to goodness knows how many cultures, you need a show that pulls you in."

From a recent set report.

What does everyone think of this? It started quite a flame war the other day on IMDB. They were saying how Yates doesn't have the backbone to stand up to the studio.

(see? there was a method to my madness...all the jokes and stuff..it was all part of my grand masterminded segue plan.. :whistle:)

IenjoyAcidPops
June 24th, 2009, 5:32 am
I would have to say that I don't - and really never have - seen HBP as a film that should have a "monochromatic" color scheme. It would seem to lend itself to a much more colorful look than the most recent couple of entries (plus one of the complains I've seen regarding OotP was that the color scheme was repetitive and too washed-out).

boushh
June 24th, 2009, 5:41 am

According to everyone I speak to at Leavesden, Warners has been remarkably hands off. It's only when Yates started to get a bit arty on The Half-Blood Prince that the studio had something to say. "The only major run-in we've had since I came on board is regarding the look of this film. We had a fairly major negotiation about its look. Bruno Delbonnel, who was also cinematographer on Amelie, made it look very distinct and different to the previous Potters by using all these monochromatic washes. The studio wanted more colour added to it and we obliged. And actually it's no less artful with the new grade; it looks more beautiful, more inviting. When you're sending 28,000 prints around the world to goodness knows how many cultures, you need a show that pulls you in."

From a recent set report.

What does everyone think of this? It started quite a flame war the other day on IMDB. They were saying how Yates doesn't have the backbone to stand up to the studio.

(see? there was a method to my madness...all the jokes and stuff..it was all part of my grand masterminded segue plan.. :whistle:

I don't know why it would start a flame war, but from I'm standing it sounds like the studio doesn't interfere much and when it does they had a discussion about it and Yates went with what the studio people suggested. Making a movie is a collaborative process.

If it's mostly non-interference then shouldn't the director listen to what the studio people have to say because they may have a point, since they mostly leave him alone and are actually bothering to say something?

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 5:43 am
So you guys don't think this will ruin the movie, make it more 'kiddie'?

boushh
June 24th, 2009, 5:47 am
So you guys don't think this will ruin the movie, make it more 'kiddie'?

Why would it?

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 5:50 am
Why would it?

I'm really not too much of an expert on cinemtography so I'm asking you lot.

I just thought the cinemtography in the trailers was beautiful and I don't want it to change...but was that before or after Alan Horn wanted it brightened up?

Phrozenone
June 24th, 2009, 5:51 am
Kiddie? Explain to me what you mean by kiddie?

You saw the last trailer that was released...that's the finished look of the film. I'm thinking this is the 'tweak' Heyman talked about a while ago. To me it looks just a little darker than the original bits we saw. The film still looks really good and you can still really tell that it's Delbonnel's style. The only difference I see is that it won't be as 'light' as they originally intended.

And I honestly didn't notice the difference until I saw the side by side comparisons. On some shots I like the newer much better and some shots the old. It's still beautiful all the same.

snapes_witch
June 24th, 2009, 6:02 am

I really, really hate the monochromatic effect in the memories if that's the arty business they're talking about! :grumble:

There were two different HP commercials on Fox TV tonight.

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 6:03 am

You saw the last trailer that was released...that's the finished look of the film. I'm thinking this is the 'tweak' Heyman talked about a while ago. To me it looks just a little darker than the original bits we saw. The film still looks really good and you can still really tell that it's Delbonnel's style. The only difference I see is that it won't be as 'light' as they originally intended.

And I honestly didn't notice the difference until I saw the side by side comparisons. On some shots I like the newer much better and some shots the old. It's still beautiful all the same.

I'm confused, I thought it was the other way around.

It appeared to me that the film was once bright and lovely and now it's become more dark and washed out :hmm:

Phrozenone
June 24th, 2009, 6:05 am
I'm really not too much of an expert on cinemtography so I'm asking you lot.

I just thought the cinemtography in the trailers was beautiful and I don't want it to change...but was that before or after Alan Horn wanted it brightened up?

Ah!

And I don't think he wanted it brightened per say...he just wanted more color added to it. If you look at the comparisons the newer bits are darker than what they did before.

I'm confused, I thought it was the other way around.

It appeared to me that the film was once bright and lovely and now it's become more dark and washed out :hmm:

That's what I said it looks darker now :lol: They added more color to it. I remember with Amelie it was a very bright film but I'm guessing the studio didn't want HBP to be very bright even though that probably was the intention so they darkened it.

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 6:10 am
Ah!

And I don't think he wanted it brightened per say...he just wanted more color added to it. If you look at the comparisons the newer bits are darker than what they did before.

So the studio was overturned? :whistle:

That's what I'm confused about. I actually liked their input cause I really go for the bright and vibrant color pallettes but it seems the recent material is darker like you said. Perhaps Yates and Co. were allowed to change it back to how it initially was, which we never saw.

That's what I said it looks darker now :lol: They added more color to it. I remember with Amelie it was a very bright film but I'm guessing the studio didn't want HBP to be very bright even though that probably was the intention so they darkened it.

Hmm, I don't typically associate "added more color" with darkening :err:

I'm thinking this is the 'tweak' Heyman talked about a while ago.

You could be right there about the "tweak". :hmm: However, I liked ALL the OLD shots in every comparison I presented to you guys. :whistle:

Sahara
June 24th, 2009, 6:22 am
HO SNAP, JUST SAW A HBP TV SPOT ON MTV~!!!

There was a part in it where Bellatrix was whisper talking to Draco, I'm pretty sure it was as he was supposed to kill Dumbledore. I haven't seen that before but it might just be new to me :lol:

In any case that's a change from the book. Bellatrix is certainly rather... involved in the movie.

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 6:23 am

I knew you were going to jump in and murder me, as you do every time I dare doubt something about the movie. :lol:

I was just asking a question. I'm kinda clueless about this to be honest.

boushh
June 24th, 2009, 6:30 am
Well I definitely don't think it would make it more kiddie if they changed some of the coloring. It would have to be extreme for it to look kiddie-like. I'm thinking bright primary looking colors for kiddie stuff. I don't think it will look like that judging by everything that we have seen, and the subject matter itself isn't kiddie like so I think we should be fine on that front, IMHO.

I'm excited about this movie and nervous at the same time. What if I don't like it? :lol: I mean the chances of that happening are slim since I've liked all of the movies, but still, I'm nervous. Sad, I know. :)

Phrozenone
June 24th, 2009, 6:31 am
I knew you were going to jump in and murder me, as you do every time I dare doubt something about the movie. :lol:

I was just asking a question. I'm kinda clueless about this to be honest.

Murder you? I was just wondering what you meant by kiddie in regards to the cinematography :lol: Sorry if I came off in another way because I really didn't mean to!

Ok..LC post the screencaps..that'll help.

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 6:37 am
Murder you? I was just wondering what you meant by kiddie in regards to the cinematography :lol: Sorry if I came off in another way because I really didn't mean to!

Ok..LC post the screencaps..that'll help.

Err, ok...it might take a while to dig up those posts though :whistle:

9th_Wonder
June 24th, 2009, 6:41 am
Just saw my first TV Spot, about time.
I turned on the TV just as it started

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 6:42 am
Just saw my first TV Spot, about time.
I turned on the TV just as it started

Awesome! :tu:

You're all grown up now! :p

Phrozenone
June 24th, 2009, 6:51 am
Ok here is what was posted on IMDB.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k187/tclsc03/63525224.jpg

Which do you prefer?

ally_xx
June 24th, 2009, 6:51 am
I still haven't grown up and seen my first tv spot yet :yuhup:

And as for those two pictures, I like the first one better :tu:

ArryGrotter
June 24th, 2009, 6:54 am
I prefer the newer one - the old one (though I would have been absolutely fine with it) seems too dull in comparision

9th_Wonder
June 24th, 2009, 6:56 am
i like the newer one better also
like arrygrotter said, first one seems dull

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 6:57 am
I prefer the newer one - the old one (though I would have been absolutely fine with it) seems too dull in comparision

I'm so confused! Which one is the old one and which is the new?! :err:

Phrozenone
June 24th, 2009, 6:58 am
I'm so confused! Which one is the old one and which is the new?! :err:

I'll answer after you answer. I wanted to see which did you prefer before you found out which was which :lol:

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 7:00 am
I'll answer after you answer. I wanted to see which did you prefer before you found out which was which :lol:

Ok. :lol:

Well, the bottom one is clearer and easier on the eyes, the top one would probably look better on a movie screen..

ally_xx
June 24th, 2009, 7:04 am
Ok here is what was posted on IMDB.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k187/tclsc03/63525224.jpg

Which do you prefer?

Ok. :lol:

Well, the bottom one is clearer and easier on the eyes, the top one would probably look better on a movie screen..

Thats what I think :agree:

It's a dark scene, what with the bridge attack and such.

Phrozenone
June 24th, 2009, 7:13 am
Ok...well the top is the original way and the bottom is the new way.

Now monochrome means 'one color' and that's how Yates described Bruno's work. So if you look at the first picture it's basically just the one tint and the second there's more color added to it. The first one is the feel they were going for...it's dark and gloomy..the 2nd..although dark looses a since of the gloomy, which is what the common complaint is about them losing the tone of the scene.

Did that make ANY sense at all? So when I was saying 'darker' I was using it in the sense of them adding more color..ie a coloring book. When you color you're making the page darker by adding more color although it's definatly not 'dark'...but maybe I just have things mixed up in my own head :lol:

So basically I'm sure certain scenes had one specific tone running through them. I remember when I saw the first featurette the library scene was VERY yellow. So if they add more color to it like the studio wants Now it'll still have that sepia tone but you can see more colors in the scene (more red...green..etc etc from different objects) which makes the overall look not as strong and make the surrounding pop out more.

I hope that makes sense :lol:

And anyone feel free to correct me if I'm totally off the marker here :whistle:

ArryGrotter
June 24th, 2009, 7:16 am
I think I understand you. In the pictures posted, for example, the 'new' version allows for the Death Eater's 'smoke' to be more distinct.

Phrozenone
June 24th, 2009, 7:17 am
Or we can just use the pictures I posted. You can tell the building colors pop out more now than they originally did.

I think I understand you. In the pictures posted, for example, the 'new' version allows for the Death Eater's 'smoke' to be more distinct.

Exactly. So I personally prefer the new look but I can see why people hate it.

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 7:25 am
well, it is a bit bright...but HBP never was the 'darkest hour' it's being promoted as. Save that for DH (if WB doesn't interfere with that one too...).

IenjoyAcidPops
June 24th, 2009, 7:33 am
well, it is a bit bright...but HBP never was the 'darkest hour' it's being promoted as. Save that for DH (if WB doesn't interfere with that one too...).

I know this isn't on the cinematography/lighting thread, but I find that "darkest hour" tagline ill-fitting. Of course, it's just to add more intrigue to the promotion, nothing wrong with that, but I kind of wish they'd saved it for DH. I think the best tagline has actually been "once again, I must ask too much of you, Harry."

ArryGrotter
June 24th, 2009, 7:33 am

I find it weird that people complained about the blue filter of OotP, yet now they prefer one for HBP :lol:

I know this isn't on the cinematography/lighting thread, but I find that "darkest hour" tagline ill-fitting. Of course, it's just to add more intrigue to the promotion, nothing wrong with that, but I kind of wish they'd saved it for DH. I think the best tagline has actually been "once again, I must ask too much of you, Harry."

They always do silly premature tagline's like that - "Everything will change" from PoA is a classic example - they used almost the same tagline for GoF :relax:

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 7:38 am

Yeah, I've always loved "Once again, I must ask too much of you, Harry." From the moment I first heard it in our first teaser trailer ever. :p Everyone else was complaining but I remember defending it. :lol: That was back when I was Mr.Optimistic. :p The delay made me a bit more cynical and gritty, but I think the old me has been slowly but surely starting to surface once more. ;)

IenjoyAcidPops
June 24th, 2009, 7:39 am
"Everything will change" from PoA is a classic example

I'd forgotten they used that one for PoA.

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 7:40 am
I'd forgotten they used that one for PoA.

But everything did change with POA; it split the fan base into two and it never was united again. :p

Phrozenone
June 24th, 2009, 7:45 am
Wow...I just realized..the movie will be out in 2 and a half weeks!

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 7:46 am

Everything is about to change...

;)

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 7:46 am
Ok, I dug up one of my comparison posts (it was on the deleted v.15) and I think I understand you now Phroze and I should correct what I said because I prefer the first shot in each, which I presume would be the "darker" ones before the studio stepped in, colors were more rich before.

Ok, here's some comparision shots. I kinda wanna hit whoever is in charge of the post-production coloring process. It looks like they washed out some of Delbonnel's beautiful shots from the previous trailers and I think the Great Hall looks far less gothic now sadly :(

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/greathall.jpg?t=1235941420
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/Harry%20Potter/hogwartsnight.jpg?t=1239937943

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/Harry%20Potter/poison.jpg?t=1235929260
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/Harry%20Potter/hogwartsday4.jpg?t=1239938030

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/Harry%20Potter/hogwartsday5.jpg?t=1239939054
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/Harry%20Potter/hogwartsday3.jpg?t=1239938085

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/Harry%20Potter/hogwartsday6.jpg?t=1239939203

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/lcbaseball22/Harry%20Potter/hogwartsday2.jpg?t=1239939261

ArryGrotter
June 24th, 2009, 7:47 am

:huh: - If you are going to the premiere it will be :p

It's 3 weeks exactly till July 15 :D

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 7:48 am
Wow, yeah I do prefer the top pics...They look so much more professional and artistic. The others look like a TV show or something...

ally_xx
June 24th, 2009, 7:49 am
I much prefer the darker ones.

Phrozenone
June 24th, 2009, 7:52 am
:huh: - If you are going to the premiere it will be :p

It's 3 weeks exactly till July 15 :D

So I blocked out a few days sheesh! :lol::lol::lol:

My bad..I miscounted my days. Ok well I meant.

3 MORE WEEKS! 3 Wednesdays from now HBP will be hitting the screen.

Thanks for those LC! Glad you understand what I mean now :lol: I was getting reallyyyyy confused there for a bit.

lcbaseball22
June 24th, 2009, 7:54 am
I much prefer the darker ones.

Yeah, while I like bright and vibrant colors...this is like more washed out. Actually I suppose it would be more accurate to say I like deep and rich colors, which is what I see in those "darker" ones. I'm worried amazingly beautiful shots like this have been tampered with too. :scared:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk18/decarus427/HBP/HarrySnape.png

Thanks for those LC! Glad you understand what I mean now :lol: I was getting reallyyyyy confused there for a bit.

Yeah, you're welcome :) Wait, so which do you like better? Sorry, if you already answered this...I haven't caught up yet. :whistle:

MasterOfDeath
June 24th, 2009, 7:55 am
Alan Horn does it again. :sigh: