November 6th, 2009, 7:09 am
I'm just curious as to who likes what. You could put a comprehensive list up here, or you could just post one. I'll start with my top 5:
1. Led Zeppelin-In my opinion, no other band has matched their combination of sheer musical talent and what I refer to as the "power" of the music: the energy behind the music that makes it resonate inside the listener, especially cranked up to loud levels.
2. The Beatles- Really starting from Revolver, the Beatles produced amazing music that maybe wasn't as great technically like other bands, but was just great to listen to.
3. Pink Floyd- Very talented technically, while less energetic than other bands. Still, the music they made was very very good.
4&5. AC/DC & Guns N' Roses- These two bands tie out for the four and five spots. I can't decide which is better than the other. GNR was more technically talented, but they imploded quickly. AC/DC didn't lose beat when they lost Bon Scott, and they've straddled the line between loud and unlistenable like no other band has.
November 6th, 2009, 12:06 pm
Too many to mention and all over the road.
A few choices...
ABBA, Boston, Chicago, Def Leppard, ELO, Queen, Rush
November 6th, 2009, 12:28 pm
Hmm depends how varied 'rock' is. I like industrial, heavy, gothic etc rock. But if we're just talking straight and alternative rock my favourites are:
1. Goon Moon. They only have a couple of releases but I love the diversity of their music. Licker's Last Leg has so many genres in it... it's an amazing album. Very talented band.
2. Radiohead. One of the few bands who doesn't seem to run out of ideas.
3. A Perfect Circle. So close to being a 'super group'. Maynard is a wonderful vocalist and their current (well sort of current) line-up is amazing. So many talented musicians. Two great albums, one half good album.
Honourary mention to Muse who were good up until the release of their last two albums. I loved them back in the Origin of Symmetry days when they were really doing something different that others weren't.
I usually listen to other rock subgenres and in those I my favourites are Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, System of a Down, DragonForce and Rammstein.
November 30th, 2011, 7:10 pm
1. The Beatles.
3. Pink Floyd.
February 15th, 2012, 9:00 am
the black crowes
Command & Conquer Alliances (http://command-and-conquer.browsergamez.com/) vs. Carte
May 25th, 2012, 5:55 pm
I have to say, Panic! At The Disco. The group has some really interesting beats, song qualities, and doesn't just stay with super-fast rock. It even has some lullaby-like songs.A really diverse group.
May 26th, 2012, 12:03 am
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
The Rolling Stones
And I'm editing this to add in NIN, even though technically it's not supposed to be rock... but Reznor is God...;)
June 1st, 2012, 12:36 am
There seems to be a theme going here... Some great bands noted above...and I agree with nearly all of them. G-N-R, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, - Dropkick Murphys (a little newer & different than the others, but they do it)
August 7th, 2012, 3:05 pm
Some great bands were mentioned already.
Personally, I'd like to add some more names to the mix!
The Foo Fighters. Period.
Editors...Tom Smith has a brilliant voice!
and although I'm not really a fan of the brothers Gallagher (too much drama), one cannot forget Oasis.
Deus is also a favourite of mine...Belgian pride at work!
Favourite rock songs...now that would be a loooooooooooooong list.
August 28th, 2012, 2:09 am
A truly awesome combination of a lot of awesome Classic Rock songs is "Rock of Ages" by DJ Schmolli -- check it out if you like rock, especially classic rock! DJ Schmolli and DJ Earworm both do some awesome mixes like this.
August 30th, 2012, 2:38 am
Queen, Linkin Park, Muse.....There use to be so many more, but I'm having trouble remembering them. It's been awhile since I've really listen to rock, besides a few favorite/new songs. Rock use to be my favorite genre of music, I use to really liked Shinedown, Three Days Grace, Evanescence, 3 Doors Down, etc. I still like these bands and listen to their music from time to time, but not as much as I use too.
September 14th, 2012, 8:17 am
Shinedown, Slipknot (they're metal, I know), Linkin Park, Five Finger Death Punch
October 14th, 2012, 2:43 am
Metallica, Aerosmith, Queensryche (they're more metal at times, but they're still rather rock like), Queen, The Scorpions, Twisted Sister, ZZ Top, Def Leppard and The Who are only some of my favorite rock bands.