Where Does Voldemort Live or Hide?

DrLazy_89
July 22nd, 2005, 12:17 am
Jo has never really explained whre Voldemor Lives or Hides? He can't stay in one plabe with so much people looking for him? Where do you think he stays?

freezey
July 22nd, 2005, 10:49 pm
He may be staying at the Riddle House. Or somewhere he has made unplottable...maybe he just jumps around to different Death Eaters houses. I don't really know it hasn't been mentioned before.

zingara
July 22nd, 2005, 10:55 pm
He may bestaying at the Riddle House. Or somewhere he has made unplottable...maybe he just jumps around to different Death Eaters houses. I don't really know it hasn't been mentioned before.Hehe, Voldemort the couch crasher ... awesome, :)

He probably has a place similar to 12 Grimmauld Place, I imagine, where nobody can find it unless he's asked them to come. I hope we find out in book 7 though; I imagine it will be wonderfully creepy.

freezey
July 22nd, 2005, 11:04 pm
With Nagani still hanging around and loads of masked people...sounds like a Halloween party. :D But really we should find out by book 7.

hdhp5
July 22nd, 2005, 11:28 pm
Do the Death Eaters have a secret hiding space with Voldemort the Ministry of Magic has not tried to search? It's so strange, because in all the books somehow in some form Voldemort is alive. How does he cope and where does he do it? Where do you think he hides? Post what you think here. Rock on everybody! :p

RemusLupinFan
July 23rd, 2005, 3:17 pm
Voldemort must have someplace to use as a base of operations as well as a hiding place. My guess is that it's either somewhere we've never been to, or maybe he uses the Riddle house like he did in GoF. I kind of like the idea of him using the Riddle house, seeing as how it is quite significant for him to use the house of his father to make his destructive plans. But where ever he's hiding, it must be a place that's heavily fortified.

Moony_Remus
August 10th, 2005, 10:00 am
what do you think of him living in salazar slytherins house, he probably inherited it as heir

Hokey88
August 10th, 2005, 10:07 am
I like the Slytherin idea. Salazar would have put loads of charms on it to protect it from unwanted visitors, so LV wouldnt have to do many. I hope we see it in the 7th, I think we will.

Would be interesting to see how he lives, it says a lot about a person IMO.

s0ng0han
August 10th, 2005, 3:01 pm
why didnt he go to Salazars house after he tryed to kill harry then. he would have been easier to find by his death eaters.
i think he goes somewhere that no wizards know about, like where he had the locket. somewhere from his past.

Sindre161
August 10th, 2005, 3:36 pm
The place does not nessecarily need to be in England... Even though the story takes place there, we know that Voldemort for some reason fled to Albania when the spell backfired.

zingara
August 10th, 2005, 4:11 pm
what do you think of him living in salazar slytherins house, he probably inherited it as heirAre you talking about the house Marvolo, Morfin, and Merope lived in? I don't think that's Slytherin's house; it's kinda run down and shabby, and it borders a muggle town. I was under the assumption that his ancestors had carelessly lost everything Slytherin had, aside from a few trinkets, and now somebody else owns the Slytherin manor. If the heirs of Slytherin were entitled to his house, then Marvolo would not be so bitter about living just outside a muggle town.

I can't see Voldemort setting up his headquarters in a house that is so dingy. I'm hoping it's something more than the Riddle house because we've seen it before, but I wouldn't necessarily mind if it were his headquarters/home. Nobody calls it home, and the residents of Little Hangleton aren't likely to intrude, not after Frank's death.

Moony_Remus
August 10th, 2005, 6:00 pm
Are you talking about the house Marvolo, Morfin, and Merope lived in? I don't think that's Slytherin's house; it's kinda run down and shabby, and it borders a muggle town. I was under the assumption that his ancestors had carelessly lost everything Slytherin had, aside from a few trinkets, and now somebody else owns the Slytherin manor. If the heirs of Slytherin were entitled to his house, then Marvolo would not be so bitter about living just outside a muggle town.

I can't see Voldemort setting up his headquarters in a house that is so dingy. I'm hoping it's something more than the Riddle house because we've seen it before, but I wouldn't necessarily mind if it were his headquarters/home. Nobody calls it home, and the residents of Little Hangleton aren't likely to intrude, not after Frank's death.

no im not talking about the marvolo and morphin house, i dont think it is slytehrins house, its too near muggles and too rubbishy. Im guessing slytherins house is some big secret,and dark unplottable mantion that only the actual heir and those he gives permission to can go in.

Greeney
August 10th, 2005, 6:14 pm
Maybe he's living in a random house using the Fidelus spell :p

s0ng0han
August 10th, 2005, 6:35 pm
thats a good theory, but i doubt he needs to. i think he would be somewhere where only his death eaters know about.

Annihilus
August 21st, 2005, 11:56 pm
Maybe its a cave system, or a magically enhanced cave like where his Horcrux was, he found it during his rambles and delvings into the Dark Arts.

But as we know Lv likes grandeur, maybe he has made a sort of Hogwarts opposite, a castle thats been done up somewhere.

*shrugs*

desertfox
August 22nd, 2005, 12:23 am
I think probably a mansion of some sort. I dont think he lives in someplace thats below his statue like a cave or a house in thre middle of no where.

DrLazy_89
August 22nd, 2005, 1:23 am
Well from book 5 (Order of The Phoenix)we can assume he is in a house or some sort, because of the dream Harry had of Voldemort and Augustus Rockwood, if he hasn't moved since.

eVaNeScEnCe
August 22nd, 2005, 1:47 am
Funnily enough, I see Voldemort conconcting all his sinister plots from an old, rundown shack. Is it possible he may be using the old Gaunt dwelling? No, DD said he'd been here already to retrieve the ring. Perhaps an underground place? I suppose it could be the old Riddle house, but I like the idea of it being a new place we haven't seen yet. Either way, I think Harry will come to at least catch a glimpse of it once he comes face to face with Voldemort in book 7. I don't put it past Voldemort to lure him there somehow.

saurjusa
September 20th, 2005, 8:34 pm
This is my febble attempt to rescue a long since death thread... I will try to revive an interesting thread every once in a while from the very last page of "New Divination Studies" here it goes...

1.- We know Voldemort wen't straight to Albany on both times when he found himself without a body so Albany is a good place to look.
2.- We never saw him leave the Riddles home, but I would assume that he left since Dumbeldore went to the Gaunt Shack he might have checked it out just to see if he might ne there...

This is a very important thing to find out, Part of Harry's journey next year (menaing year seven for him, probably two or three years for us :( ) will be to find out were Voldemort dwells, since he needs to destroy Nagini prior to his final and epic encounter.

We know Harry will pay a visit to Godric's Hollow, and chances are he will find intersting pointers there as to were he needs to follow. Every other time Voldemort has come to Harry, this time it can't be that way, since Harry needs to play by his rules rather than Voldemort's meaning, he needs to make sure al 6 HX are destroyed including Nagini.

My best guess is that Voldemort is hiding in a place with some grandur to it. A big old mansion of one of his minions, probably the Malfoy mansion. I can clearly see VM getting rid of Narcisa and Draco and taking over the Chamber under the Drawing room...

I guess this is an interesting thread and maybe someone else want's to give it a try...

:)

Yirggzmb
September 22nd, 2005, 12:34 am
I have been wondering about this since GoF... I can't imagine where he really stays, but I can't get the picture out of my head that he's still hanging out in that graveyard... Which would be silly, because anyone could see him...

Maybe when he was hiding in Albania, he found an old castle and is now using it as his lair...?

Vaya
September 22nd, 2005, 12:51 am
He probably crashes on the couches of his death eaters till they get sick of the mess and boot him out (he's eeeevil and so never cleans up after himself)...

When he can't find one of these, he crashes at a motel 6 (money is tight)

Ralphmuggle
September 22nd, 2005, 12:56 am
I would think he has two places - a meeting spot for the DEs, and another spot that only he knows about. I don't think he'd trust even his DEs to be around when he's sleeping, and if he's doing any research into new magic (or to rediscover old magic) he would want the books to be where nobody could find them and possibly learn from them.

LV just isn't a trusting dude, after all.

KDOG
September 22nd, 2005, 1:33 am
Well, I doubt he stayed at the Riddle House any longer. I believe he knew that Dumbledore could have been able to track him down, for Dumbledore made his way to Little Hangelton and took the ring/horcrux.

I'd say he moves around to various spots, but I think the one place, and strong hold he wants is Hogwarts. If the school closed, I wouldnt doubt Voldemort attempting to seize it immideatly and make it his lair.

Yirggzmb
September 22nd, 2005, 1:43 am
I would think he has two places - a meeting spot for the DEs, and another spot that only he knows about. I don't think he'd trust even his DEs to be around when he's sleeping, and if he's doing any research into new magic (or to rediscover old magic) he would want the books to be where nobody could find them and possibly learn from them.

Yeah, I'm with you on that... :tu: Besides, he can never know when someone might turn... He wouldn't want someone giving away his hideout...

Ralphmuggle
September 22nd, 2005, 3:02 am
Yeah, I'm with you on that... :tu: Besides, he can never know when someone might turn... He wouldn't want someone giving away his hideout...

There are spells to take care of that. Voldemort can be the secretkeeper for the DE's meeting house. Even if somebody turns, they couldn't bring anybody else there - much the same way that Snape was incapable of feeding LV the location of the Order of the Phoenix, since ONLY Dumbledore could tell anybody that. It took a note from Dumbledore for Harry to even be able to see the house, after all. After all, that's why everybody is sure that Sirius Black is guilty of betraying the Potter's until the end of PoA - everybody thought that he was the secret keeper, when in fact it had been Ratboy.

But that's why he'd want the second place for his inner sanctum - while he could be sure that ONLY DEs could go to the DE headquarters, he wouldn't want to trust the DEs too far either.

_Soph_
September 25th, 2005, 8:26 pm
I always thought that he was staying at The Riddle House, i mean no muggles would go near it and hes most probably made it unplottable somehow anyway. Whoever else mentioned it on here was right when they said that we know its some sort of old house from Harrys dream in OOTP. To be honest i dont think Voldy would care too much about the grandeur of his headquarters right now. Maybe if he acheived world domination or something (Lol!) but not now.

OwlPatronus
October 10th, 2005, 12:43 am
XD Yes, when Voldemort achieves world dominion he's going to be sitting in Hogwarts happy as a clam. But till then, he'll have to make do. I'm with Ralphmuggle about the two hideouts, but I'm curious about two things, both related to the Dark Mark. First, how do the Death Eaters know where to go when their Mark burns (they all apeared at the Hangleton graveyard despite the fact that Voldemort had been "dead" and they had no idea where to go). It can't just be that they apparate "to Voldemort" and appear there, or the aurors would have done that long ago. This suggests to me that either the Mark conveys some sort of location information or that they always meet at a specified place (the graveyard). My second question is how useful is the mark really? It calls every Death Eater at once, and requires a death eater already present to use (unless Voldemort plans to create a mark on himself).

ID824
October 10th, 2005, 4:17 am
What I dont understand is why all the witches and wizards on the side of good don't just go to Harry, borrow Hedwig, and send a letter to LV and follow her to him. When Harry sent letters to Ron and Hermione demanding to know what was going on and telling her to peck them until they sent good responses, she was able to find 12 Grimmauld place even though it was unplotable. Surely she could find LV too.

kuyooper
October 10th, 2005, 5:47 am
I think that it is highly unlikely that Voldemort has been staying at the Riddle House. Dumbledore knew about that house and it's significance, and it would have been the first obvious place to check out. Also, in the first chapter of GoF, when Voldemort and Wormtail are at the Riddle House, Wormtail asks Voldemort how long they will be staying. The reply is "A week, maybe longer..." That definitely makes it sound like a short term thing.

Another thought: wherever Voldemort stays/hides out/has meetings, he is sure to have protected it using the Fidelius Charm, with himself as secret-keeper. Otherwise, any random Death Eater that got caught could tell the ministry where DE Headquarters was. Also, if not, then Dumbledore would have expected Snape to tell him the location (Snape definitely knows the location--during the occumency lessons, he recognized the room that Harry dreamed about).

ellie1015
October 10th, 2005, 9:26 am
The last place we know LV was living was at Barty Crouch's house right? I doubt he's there still. My best guess is that he probably just killed some muggle family and took their house. Or he sort of does what Slughorn did, and just move from house to house. I agree that he wouldn't be likely to tell anyone where he was. But he did trust wormtail enough to keep him around, but granted that was by need before he had his body.

But what about all the DE that escaped from Azkaban? They'd all need someplace to stay too. And the ones who went to Azkaban are the ones who remained faithful to LV. Maybe they have some sort of DE type frat house they all stay at. (could you imagine?) But I could see LV trusting some of them.

piky
October 10th, 2005, 10:57 am
I reckon that he's got a place that he's made unplottable, has put muggle-repelling spells on, and has cast the Fidelius charm upon -- like the Order had at Grimmauld Place. :agree:

My question is: How does he really know what's going on outside his lair?
Attempt to answer my own question : His DE's bring him copies of the Daily Prophet as well as news. Following an owl to him would be easy, but this simple solution doesn't seem to work in the Potterverse for some reason that only JKR knows...... :huh:

He probably lives in the same house as his 'loyal' DEs, but has some kind of inviolate 'sanctum-sanctorum' where he sleeps, studies, etc. -- maybe with a 'secretary' out front that screens all calls and arranges meetings with the non-resident DEs. :lol:

As for the Dark Mark tatoo calling the DEs to him, a powerful wizard like Voldie would figure out a way to make a magical 'homing beacon' to get them to the right place. :p

guad
October 10th, 2005, 11:09 am
He may be staying at the Riddle House. Or somewhere he has made unplottable...maybe he just jumps around to different Death Eaters houses. I don't really know it hasn't been mentioned before.

I don't think he's at the riddle house, as DD went to the Gaunt house to fetch the ring, which is right over the corner. It would have been weird that DD got a Horxcrux, got injured and everything with LV 50 meters across the road and not noticing.

OwlPatronus
October 10th, 2005, 11:39 am
Well it's not fifty meters, it's across the valley, but I see what you mean. About sending letters to Voldemort and following them, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that in an interview Rowling said there are things wizards can do to make themselves untracable by owls.

Triangleman
October 10th, 2005, 2:49 pm
Hehe, Voldemort the couch crasher ... awesome, :)

He probably has a place similar to 12 Grimmauld Place, I imagine, where nobody can find it unless he's asked them to come. I hope we find out in book 7 though; I imagine it will be wonderfully creepy.
Guys, we gotta do something about Voldemort here. He sleeps til 2pm every day, he never helps out with the chores, and he eats our food all day while we're at work. I have to wake up early for work and he's throwing loud parties til 3 in the morning. It has to stop, we're having a family meeting.

OwlPatronus
October 11th, 2005, 1:00 am
New information on the Voldemort hideout: it's in a house somewhere. On pg 584 of OoTP, chapter 26 (Seen and Unforseen) Harry dreams that he is Voldemort in his hideout, wherever it is. All we know about Voldemort's hideout is that it is in a house and he favors dark rooms with curtains and dim candlelight, but it's a start. I agree with the theories that Voldemort must have something like Grimauld Place where he has his inner sanctum and meets with trusted Death Eaters to plan his next attack or plots. He will probably have put a fidelius charm on it, and possibly made it unplottable, plus added dozens of nasty curses and jinxes for those that try to get in. A thing to think of though: earlier we were saying that it would be weird if Dumbledore was only across the valley from the Riddle House and he didn't notice that Voldemort was there if that was his hiding place. However, it wouldn't be weird at all if a Fidelius Charm protected the wereabouts of his hideout. But can Voldemort be a secret keeper for the charm with a damaged soul? And why didn't Voldemort protect the locations of the Horcruxes with Fidelius Charms? There must be some way to defeat a Fidelious Charm or Voldemort would have simply secretly placed the Horcruxes anywhere he liked and put the charm on them.

ID824
October 11th, 2005, 1:22 am
Maybe he's officing out of Azkaban. Now that he controls the Dementors, it certainly would be a good option - out in the middle of the North Sea.

One question - Even though members of the Order can't tell someone to go to 12 Grimmauld Place, if Snape REALLY wanted to let LV know where the Order was camping out, couldn't he tell LV to go to 10 Grimmauld Place and wait for wuzards to show up? There's nothign against giving out OTHER locations that may be close to the one that's being hidden. Or couldn't he tell Bellatrix, we're using your old family house - that's not giving the address at all. Or just give a hint that it's a place where Kreacher lives. Since he's tied to the house until someone frees him, that would be enough for Bellatrix to know where it was.

I want to know mroe about how this spell works. It seems too "convenient" to work as well as JK allows it to.

OwlPatronus
October 11th, 2005, 3:05 am
This is a combination of the best theories I've seen on how the Fidelious Charm works, with a few additions of my own:
I think that the Fidelius charm prevents those who are in on the secret (and it must be a secret in the first place or the spell wouldn't work) other than the secret keeper from giving any information or hints that would allow others to find out the secret. However, the Fidelious charm can probably be counteracted by someone working out the truth to the point where they are sure it is fact. Otherwise Dumbledore wouldn't have cared about Owls flying in and out of Grimauld Place.

ID824
October 11th, 2005, 4:43 am
This is a combination of the best theories I've seen on how the Fidelious Charm works, with a few additions of my own:
I think that the Fidelius charm prevents those who are in on the secret (and it must be a secret in the first place or the spell wouldn't work) other than the secret keeper from giving any information or hints that would allow others to find out the secret. However, the Fidelious charm can probably be counteracted by someone working out the truth to the point where they are sure it is fact. Otherwise Dumbledore wouldn't have cared about Owls flying in and out of Grimauld Place.

And why, in all this time, hasn't Bellatrix tried to see the old family homestead herself? Expecially after Kreacher showed up in book 5 when Sirius told him to "get out." Didn't she wonder where Kreacher came from or where he had been staying? It sure would have been enough for me tho think, "Hey, I remember you Kreacher. You lived in that big old mansion with Sirius and my mom. I wonder if that place is still around. I should go check it out. Maybe there's some helpful dark items I could use against those Order freaks."

OwlPatronus
October 11th, 2005, 12:28 pm
Kreacher didn't go to Bellatrix, he went to Narcissa. But even if Bellatrix tried to go back to the Black House (which wasn't her house, she was only Sirius's cousin and he never saw her) she wouldn't have been able to find it because she would only be looking for the house and it wouldn't be there. Now, if she recognized the missing number 12 as a sign of the Fidelious Charm, and concluded beyond a doubt that the Order's Headquarters must be there (flimsy evidence, but Holmes has done better), she would have seen the house.

bass_man789
November 9th, 2005, 12:14 am
Voldemort doesn't seem the kind of person who would go into hiding. I think he is the secret keeper of some unplottable place, similar to Number 12, Grimmauld Place. Remember that one dream Harry had during The Order of the Phoenix where Harry thought he was Voldemort and was torturing some Death Eater, if forget the name. But, I think that is where Voldemort stays and meets with Death Eaters.

MidnighterWitch
November 9th, 2005, 12:20 am
That's what I always wondered too, maybe he's at the Riddle house?

OwlPatronus
November 9th, 2005, 12:24 am
The Riddle House is too obvious: it's the first place the Aurors would look, and even if it was hidden by the Fidelius Charm they would notice that a house had vanished off the face of the earth.

PhoenixGate
November 9th, 2005, 12:44 am
He shares a Porta Potty with Moaning Myrtle outside of Hogsmeade... :rotfl:

Actually we all know the possible answer if we remember the books. Book Four introduces us to the Riddle Estate, by what it states a buyer had purchased the home, but was never there. We can get that the place was likely purchased by Voldemort as a feesable getaway to lay low. The people of Little Haggleton thought it evil and haunted and thought the keeper was a murderer. Also the graveyard in Book Four was in Little Haggleton, that was where his father was buried. Harry fought Voldemort in that cemetery, no one believes he returns meaning the house is still safe.

In book five, we do not get a hint of a location, and though it would seem important, the fact the ministry is dismissing all of it keeps him hidden well. Book Six, also does not give us much on his location, except we know that Snape has now got Wormtail in his home. This means that likely his followers are nearer to him, so it has to be a place where he gets his privacy and yet is protected. Wormtail bothers him, cause of the disgust he shows when near him. And the place would have to be where the ministry would not look, Voldermort has to be close enough as well to do what he is doing. He cannot use the Malfoy Manor, because of raids etc. leaving that likely his cronies whom are on the run are hidden with him... Leaving the Riddle Estate as the likely spot where they are hidding. I would say Albania, but too far for them to get what they want. The only possible place for now, unless otherwise stated in book seven is the Riddle Estate. Though Dumbledore probably checked there for a Horcrux, but we do not know that... That is my guess...

orieluna
November 9th, 2005, 4:35 am
Maybe he's living in a random house using the Fidelus spell:p Maybe he lives next door...

Selene Sedai
November 9th, 2005, 7:09 pm
The Riddle House? At the lake were he hid the fake horcrux? :cool:

OwlPatronus
November 10th, 2005, 12:33 am
Personally, were I Voldemort I would be tempted by the Riddle House, but wouldn't use it because it is well known that I have been associated with it. It was also the site of my resurection, so I would be doubly sceptical that the ministry would be so foolish as to not search the house once they acknowledged my return. I would establish a secret meeting place, such as a deserted moor, for when I called the death eaters and needed to exchange plans or tactics. I would also have a secret inner sanctum, probably a house, which only I would know the location of. I would use this house for my private scheming as well as important meetings. People would be transported there by portkey so they would have no way to find out where they were, and sent away by apparition so that the portkeys could not be captured and analyzed.

gertiekeddle
November 10th, 2005, 12:41 am
I would think he has two places - a meeting spot for the DEs, and another spot that only he knows about.
This was my first idea, too. But now I'm doubting. Maybe he has to change places and so stays by changing DE's. But some of them have to hide, too. I think it's possible that all DE's have something like a camp as a headquarter, but not often stay there. Probably Voldemort has some jobs to do, killing Harry i.E. I assume he's in preperation for this and don't stays at the same place.

OwlPatronus
November 10th, 2005, 12:50 am
Now I think about it, unlike the members of the order the Death Eaters have to stay in hiding the whole time don't they? In that case let me revise my setup. I'm still keeping Vodlemort's inner sanctum, the house Harry saw in his dreams in OotP, but in addition to having a central meeting place for when they are called by the Mark they will also have a number of small camps spread all over England where they can stay when not on assignment. These have the advantage of allowing the Death Eaters to stay highly mobile and being completely expendable if raided.

xertnevnI
November 10th, 2005, 12:56 am
As described by OwlPatronus, this will make LV difficult to find. Therefore if Harry have to find him, he will have to lure him out...

Selene Sedai
November 10th, 2005, 1:51 am
she does say were he lives in the sixth book..

"He lives here?" asked Bella in a voice of contempt. "Here? In this Muggle dunghill? We must be the first of our kind ever to set foot-"

pg 26

oh and in the fourth book he lived/hid at the Riddle house.

Isobel
November 11th, 2005, 1:00 pm
If I was Voldemort I would nick Lucius Malfoy's manor while he is in Azkaban. Afterall it sounds very luxurious and posh and so perfect for Lord Voldemort.

As Narcissa was pursued by Bellatrix in finding Snape - I wouldn't be surprised if they were staying together somewhere away from the family manor.

Ehmmar
November 11th, 2005, 1:14 pm

Yeah, I agree. THere needs to be a place where the Death Eaters can go for a hideout, after all, they are very wanted men and women!

And I also think that Voldemort, being the loner he is, would have a special place all for himself, with all the magical protection one could have! Probably away from muggles!

orieluna
November 12th, 2005, 2:55 am
she does say were he lives in the sixth book..

"He lives here?" asked Bella in a voice of contempt. "Here? In this Muggle dunghill? We must be the first of our kind ever to set foot-"

pg 26

oh and in the fourth book he lived/hid at the Riddle house.
That quote refers to where Snape lives (Spinner's End) not where Voldemort lives.

Stahlgeist
November 12th, 2005, 3:56 am
Number 5, Privet Drive. "Oh, Petunia! You MUST see my rosebushes! They're flourishing! AVADA KEDAVRA!"

Maybe he's moved into the cupboard under the stairs at the Dursley's house?
Uncle Vernon: "Petunia! What are those flashes of green light coming from under the stairs?!"
Inside the Cupboard: "WRETCHED SPIDERS! AVADA KEDAVRA! AVADA KEDAVRA!"

...Actually, I like the idea of him living at the Dursleys. I get a mental image of him sitting at their breakfast table in the mornings, and all of them remaining completely tightlipped as he darts malicious glances at them from behind his cereal bowl.

Paul
November 12th, 2005, 7:33 am
He probably lives just like the OOTP used to in an unplotable house right in the middle of everything. Completly invisible to anyone else.

Lerissa
November 12th, 2005, 8:45 am
If I was Voldemort I would nick Lucius Malfoy's manor while he is in Azkaban. Afterall it sounds very luxurious and posh and so perfect for Lord Voldemort.

As Narcissa was pursued by Bellatrix in finding Snape - I wouldn't be surprised if they were staying together somewhere away from the family manor.

I like this...makes sense too.

i also like the couch-crasher idea...heh, can u imagine Voldie calling out to Narcissa to bring him more beer as he watches Quidditch matches from an orb or somethin. :rotfl:

Snapey_Srini
November 12th, 2005, 9:07 am
Voldemort is a nomad.... but he is NO MAD guy.... he knows where to live... first book he resided within quirrell... then in the second book he had no trace..( except for his horcrux being there)... the third no topic on him... fourth comes back strongly... from then on only we'll have to check his place of residence... and i guess it is within the chamber of secrets... i seriously hope... cos he wants to be as close as possible to harry.... and COS is not shown in Marauder's map too... So, may be...

Kevin
November 12th, 2005, 4:42 pm
The Riddle house sounds like a good idea, i remeber what Professor Flitwick said about the Fidelius charm - a secret contained within a living soul aka the secret keeper. The secret keeper can choose to divulge the secret or refuse to speak. So even if a person had their nose pressed right against the house, they would still not be able to find the people inside it etc.

Often the best places to hide are those in plain sight. Though Voldemort could have another base of operations that he used during the first wizarding war. Where ever Voldemort and his DE's are it will most likely be protected by the spell that prevented members of the order going into the astronomy tower. Though i have a feeling Harry would have no problem passing through that spell barrier, seeing as he is connected to Voldemort via his scar.

Layla
November 14th, 2005, 1:22 pm
I think he's in the Riddle house and that he's made it unplottable with a secret keeper to prevent anyone accessing it.

Cadia
November 14th, 2005, 3:52 pm
Hmmm...the riddle house is interesting. I don't think it's too obvious, because what does Voldy care if a few aurors know where he lives? As if they are going to pay him a visit? I doubt that they would just drop in one day, because if he really does reside there, the place is well protected, and well...who really wants to meet the guy? :lol:
I don't think Voldemort is a total nomad. Perhaps a wanderer at times, but I also see him having this big, scary, creepy, home-base kind of place, with lots of magical protection, DE's and other stuff around. *shivers* ooh, the thought is so creepy...would't want to go there on Halloween...

draco_girl_only
November 14th, 2005, 3:55 pm
well mabe he is in that old manchon you know the one in book 4 or four??

Cadia
November 14th, 2005, 4:11 pm
well mabe he is in that old manchon you know the one in book 4 or four??
The Riddle house, you mean?

Voldemort_1
November 16th, 2005, 12:38 pm
Good point.

Who knows? Maybe he transfigured a rock into a house or something. Then put some kind of invisibility charm on it.

imadavefan1
November 17th, 2005, 4:29 pm
I think our evil friend lives or hides in his old muggle home. That is where he was in the beginning of Gof. Where else does he really have to go. Expect maybe his old orphange. But I would figure that that place is still up and running, and it would not be a proper place to hide. But a is hiding somewhere that is very important to him. Voldy has never stayed or done anything that wasn't very important to him. So its either is muggle home, or the orphange. And here is another idea what if Snape was a sceret keeper for Voldy. And Snape just might be the only person to know where Voldy lives. Which will come in handy for Harry in the seventh book.

MoonCrystal
November 17th, 2005, 4:37 pm
ahm, I know sounds streched but what if Voldy is hiding in wormtails mother house. She was still alive after "he got killed" by Sirius in PoA and got his finger, so asuming that she is now dead, he could be in wormtails house...just en idea

I mean Wormtail seems to also be a pureblood, so Voldy wouldnīt mind staying there...

unconvinced
November 17th, 2005, 4:51 pm
i doubt he's in wormtails house for 2 reasons, firstly Voldemort is very proud and he wouldn't lower himself to that, also it there would be no reason for wormtail living with snape.

MoonCrystal
November 17th, 2005, 4:59 pm
well, okey, good point, but
1.) he lowerd himself even to stay in his dadīs house in GoF
2.) It would be if Voldy is ploting something huge and Wormtail is his Secretkeeper and Snape looking after him, because we know Wormy aniīt a good secretkeeper and also I donīt think anybody would think heīs one again, so ... just a thought...
3.) we donīt know if wormtail is rich, poor or anything about him. I mean look at Neville, pureblood, I guess even rich, though it is never said, but yeah, I think he could be in Wormyīs house and remember that wormy owns something to harry, so maybe he wonīt let his life for him, but tipp him off...

well, just an idea...

Trigunmax
November 17th, 2005, 10:39 pm
I don't think it really matter where he stays since noone'll find him anyway he'll show up when he wants to but he's probably really close just to show how defiant and strong he is by not really careing if he's found since he thinks himself stongest( now that dd is gone he kinda is.)

SiriusSpells
November 17th, 2005, 10:46 pm
Nobody knows.

OwlPatronus
November 17th, 2005, 10:48 pm
But we will eventually, because either Harry will track it down once the Horcruxes are destroyed or it will suddenly discovered (doubtless in the ministry of magic basement) once Voldemort is dead and the fidelius charm which doubtless covers it lifts.

KeybladeWielder
November 18th, 2005, 1:00 am
maybe hes in godrics hollow perhaps they rebuilt the house and when harry goes there to visit hes in for a nasty surprise...maybe not but eh

Rezallia
November 18th, 2005, 1:13 am
I think Voldemort's renting Vernon's random shack in the middle of that treacherous sea under the false name Arnold Schladmeyer...or something like that.

I don't think that Voldemort would EVER live in a muggle inhabited area lest it were completely unavoidable... though I think the whole Voldy living with the Dursleys in the cupboard under the stairs would make a great humor fic. Ahhh... to each his own.

Steve
November 18th, 2005, 8:12 pm
I always imagined him living in a huge cave in the middle of a large forest. Wherever he lives, it would be an interesting visit if JK decided to take us there.

theBadGuy
November 18th, 2005, 8:33 pm
my guess is some fortress and thats where the final duel will happen...somehow harry will find the location

Johno
November 18th, 2005, 9:14 pm
For some reason the first place that came into my head was Godrics Hollow. I know...not very logical but I think it is a possibility. To him it would be the last person anyone would look.

Just a thought.

unconvinced
November 18th, 2005, 9:54 pm
according to hagrid Godrigs Hollow was destroyed, and as for the cave theories we saw him in a house during harrys dreams in OtP

IgoRetla
July 22nd, 2006, 8:04 pm
Sshh. He's living on the Isle of Drear. But don't tell anyone.

TheMagicMongol
July 22nd, 2006, 8:51 pm
Sshh. He's living on the Isle of Drear. But don't tell anyone.
Don't be silly. He's hiding in the Pyramids of Furmat.

muggl3tt3
July 22nd, 2006, 8:58 pm
In one of Harry's dreams in OOTP where Rookwood was telling Voldemort that prophecies can only be taken by the people who they concern, Voldemort placed his hand on the top of a velvet chair.. so obviously he has to be staying somwhere nice, if it was velvet. But, there was also a cracked mirror in the corner, so the place couldn't be that nice.
Maybe wherever he is staying is unplottable like Grimuale place, and there is a secret keeper, who is the only person who can tell the location.

gertiekeddle
July 22nd, 2006, 9:40 pm
In one of Harry's dreams in OOTP where Rookwood was telling Voldemort that prophecies can only be taken by the people who they concern, Voldemort placed his hand on the top of a velvet chair.. so obviously he has to be staying somwhere nice, if it was velvet. But, there was also a cracked mirror in the corner, so the place couldn't be that nice.
Maybe wherever he is staying is unplottable like Grimuale place, and there is a secret keeper, who is the only person who can tell the location.Good observation! I'm not sure about the secret keeper - it would surprise me, if JK would take the same idea (now made by the 'good ones' (=Dumbledore) two times) for the Death Eaters, too.

The mirror is very interesting, I didn't remember that - very good seen!

muggl3tt3
July 22nd, 2006, 10:02 pm
Good observation! I'm not sure about the secret keeper - it would surprise me, if JK would take the same idea (now made by the 'good ones' (=Dumbledore) two times) for the Death Eaters, too.

The mirror is very interesting, I didn't remember that - very good seen!
Its becasue I just finished re-reading OOTP, and i was paying close attention to small things like that.

FiremansWife
July 25th, 2006, 12:52 am
Just throwing out a thought here, (but attempting to avoid getting political)... I have previously heard Voldemort being compared to Hitler. Didn't Hitler have a place high up on a mountain, a fancy headquarters, and also a plain bunker hidden underground? I wonder if there are similarities between Hitler's and Voldemort's hiding places.

Draugroth
July 25th, 2006, 2:00 am
I don't know why, but when I think of where Voldermort is hanging out, I picture a large, mobile, military camp like place. This would allow him to get up and move if, perhaps, the MOM were getting close. This doesn't necassarily have to go against the velvet chair and cracked mirror either, because, as we saw in GOF, wizard tents can provide all the comforts of home. Also in GOF, we saw how large groups of wizards can evade detection from muggles and such. This is my theory for now until I think of something even more ludicrous.

Waste_Of_A_Bomb
July 25th, 2006, 2:25 am
Probably the Death Eaters' houses, I mean, a lot of them are purebloods who probably have ancestral mansions that would be perfect for meetings and can definitely house little old Voldypoo.

LuvHP_001
July 25th, 2006, 4:59 am
Well, it wouldn't make sense for him to be in one place for a long time. I can imagine him living/hiding in places that are symbolic or have a history behind them. Voldemort strikes me as the type of person who likes symbolism. Maybe the houses of his ancestors or family members?

Woody12345
August 4th, 2006, 12:56 pm
Well, it wouldn't make sense for him to be in one place for a long time. I can imagine him living/hiding in places that are symbolic or have a history behind them. Voldemort strikes me as the type of person who likes symbolism. Maybe the houses of his ancestors or family members?

He was in albania for quite a while... maby he lives there.

Schlubalybub
August 4th, 2006, 1:03 pm
what do you think of him living in salazar slytherins house, he probably inherited it as heir

S;ytherin lived over 1000 years ago. I think his house wouldn't be standing anymore, unless it was a castle or something

gertiekeddle
August 4th, 2006, 1:30 pm
S;ytherin lived over 1000 years ago. I think his house wouldn't be standing anymore, unless it was a castle or somethingAs we still found 'Slytherin's toilet' (= chamber of secret) after 1000 years... :rolleyes: ;)

I agree. It probably doesn't exist anymore, although it's possible. We know houses which are actually older in today's real world. In JK's magical world it might be possible, that they exist even longer. But as we never saw anyone mention a house of Slytherin I don't see a hint for his former home as Voldemort's place.

squibpott
August 4th, 2006, 1:57 pm
Hehe, Voldemort the couch crasher ... awesome,

Originally Posted by zingara
Are you talking about the house Marvolo, Morfin, and Merope lived in? I don't think that's Slytherin's house; it's kinda run down and shabby, and it borders a muggle town. I was under the assumption that his ancestors had carelessly lost everything Slytherin had, aside from a few trinkets, and now somebody else owns the Slytherin manor. If the heirs of Slytherin were entitled to his house, then Marvolo would not be so bitter about living just outside a muggle town... I'm hoping it's something more than the Riddle house because we've seen it before...

Well it's a long shot but it could be the Malfoy Manor.
Think about it when the Slytherin family spent all its money, they would have put the manor up for sale. They would want to sell it to an old family with lots of gold. Maybe the Malfoy family bought it. (The great grandfather of Lucius Malfoy or something.) That family was an old wizard family with plenty of money going way back, maybe as far back as the Prevells (the Slytherin line)?

It's the only manor that has ever been mentioned in the series. Even the Riddle House has just been called a house, and its unlikely that he would take up residence in a house that his Muggle father lived and died in.
And remember all those Ministry searches of the Malfoy manor since Riddle returned, they are just as suspicious about it. The Malfoy family , husband, wife and child are all Death Eaters. If the Malfoy Manor used to be the Slytherin Manor, and the family in residence are Death Eaters then it would be a perfect hiding place.

Remember what Voldemort said, of all people he would have expected Lucius to look for him, he called Lucius his slippery friend, has he ever at all called someone his friend. That's worth looking into at the very least.

Woody12345
September 16th, 2006, 11:22 pm
In a small hole in the desers sleeping in his own filth waiting to be caught, sentenced and killd.

TM_Riddle
November 3rd, 2006, 4:46 pm
I would think that Voldemort would move from location to location. Perhaps he stayed at Godrics Hollow for awhile, but anytime we see him in the books its because he shows up, or brings you to him. So I think that he will show up for the final battle, unless someone like Snape tells Harry where to find him.

Schlubalybub
November 3rd, 2006, 7:28 pm
As we still found 'Slytherin's toilet' (= chamber of secret) after 1000 years... :rolleyes: ;)

I agree. It probably doesn't exist anymore, although it's possible. We know houses which are actually older in today's real world. In JK's magical world it might be possible, that they exist even longer. But as we never saw anyone mention a house of Slytherin I don't see a hint for his former home as Voldemort's place.
Slytherin's toilet was in a castle :) point proved. I don't think that Slytherin had a castle or anything though

Evilrabbit
November 3rd, 2006, 10:26 pm
I think he's somewhere far away from Britain, since we know he was hiding in Albania around the time of book 1. Apparition is hard across wide distances, but seeing as how Voldy is extremely skilled he could easily manage it, and knows other wizards would have a harder time Apparating back to the area around his "home" making him harder to find. It would make a cool adventure for Harry to have to travel somewhere far away to finally track Voldy down. And of course, he'll have made the place unplottable, and apparition-proof, and protected by a Fidelius charm and all that. It would be cool if Wormtail was the secret-keeper and he told Harry where he was, paying back the whole debt thing, but I doubt Voldy would trust wimpy traiterous Wormtail that much.

Quent
November 26th, 2006, 7:15 am
ive always assumed he had his own house in which he alternated living in between that and the Riddle house,he would of course be able to hide by making it unplottable and all that good stuff

__Bellatrix__
November 26th, 2006, 7:26 am
He probably has a headquarters sort of like the order where he spends his time.

padfootandme
December 22nd, 2006, 6:27 am
Voldemort probably has headquarters in several places, not just one. That way if he is in one region he can have a place to stay.

Ken45
December 22nd, 2006, 8:44 am
It's been almost a year and a haalf since I last posted on these forums, but this topic is really fascinating to me.

My thoughts? I think it's either the Riddle House, or somewhere in Albania...maybe both.

I suggest Albania because Voldemort has been mentioned a couple times as being there. WHy ALbania? Who knows if he has a fortress there, or if there are other dark wizards there or something. I like the idea of the hideout being in Albania, because it opens up bringing the entire world into the conflict. Why is it that all the problems would be in Britain? Dumbledore wanted international wizards to aid in the conflict, why would they even care if the evil was only centered in Britain? I think the violence was spread throughout other contries though, if people like Karkaroff, who likely is not British, was involved. Voldemort could have cells across the world, but since the story's focus is on Britain, it isn't discussed.

As far as the Riddle House, I must confess that all along that I had thought this was where Voldemort was. Many of you have made good points as to why it wouldn't be the Riddle House, but I still think that's where he frequents. I like the idea of Voldemort purchasing the house, and then not renting it out, because it guarantees no one will move in and it will remain vacant.

Some of you have suggested that this is too obvious of a place for him and he couldn't risk being caught here by the ministry. However, to our knowledge, the ministry has no idea that Voldemort is descended from these Riddle's, they only know he came from an orphanage. Only Dumbledore seemed to know this, and we know he didn't exactly share his knowledge with the ministry. Additionally, while it is possible that LV would have a spell where everyone could apparate to his side, that doesn't seem likely to me as it could cause trouble down the road. I just can't see Voldemort doing something like that, independent as he is. I assume that the dark mark burning would be a summons to go to the meeting place, the graveyard.

As far as Dumbledore checking in on the place, would you honestly just go running into the DE's hideout? LV could go head to head with Dumbbledore and there would likely be other DE's there as well, even Dumbledore wouldn't stand a chance. Bring in the Order and finish it? Well, by my guess, the Order has about 20-30 members, and from the sounds of it, the DE's have around 100 or so loyal followers not to mention giants, werewolves and other malcontents. Even if they surprised LV with only a couple followers, he could quickly summon hundreds to his side. It would be a slaughter.

I think in the rare event he did have unwanted guests, LV would have intruder alarms like Slughorn had. From the sounds of it, he hasn't restored the mansion at all, so when the alarm goes off, he could simply apparate away. Since he doesn't seem the type to have incriminating paperwork, it would look like a deserted mansion to an unwanted visitor. This would also take suspicion away from the house, because if people started suspiciously disappearing around it, it would look strange. With it the way I described it, the MoM could be next door and be none the wiser.

MHPFAN
December 22nd, 2006, 8:50 am
He may be staying at the Riddle House. Or somewhere he has made unplottable...

Those would be my guesses too. He could be living in the Riddle House; a place where he had, at one point a horcrux of his, or he could be in some place unplottable, much like Grimmauld Place.

SnapeAndSirius
December 22nd, 2006, 3:40 pm
Does anyone think the Riddle house was Slyterians house.

IMO Voldemort would never trust anyone to be a secret keeper.

Pumpkin Juice
December 22nd, 2006, 4:03 pm
Hee...hee... When I saw this thread I thought you meant "Lives" as in lives or dies and I thought lives is not the opposite of hides. You can't hide if you're not alive.

Doh.

The story is told through Harry's point of view. If Harry doesn't know something, or is told something, or learns something, then we the readers don't know either. It's actually extremely limiting to write from only one person's point of view like that. Ever scene, save one, has take place with Harry, either being somewhere or seeing it through a dream. So since he doesn't know where Voldemort is, we won't either.

Do I think he stays in one place or moves around? Well he can become invisible can't he? I would imagine he probably has stayed to one location and would kill anyone who got too close who didn't follow him.

SnapeAndSirius
December 22nd, 2006, 4:16 pm
Where does it say Voldemort can become invisable.

Pumpkin Juice
December 22nd, 2006, 4:17 pm
Didn't he become invisible at the Ministry of Magic when Harry and Dumbledore were there at the end of OotP?

SusanBones
December 22nd, 2006, 4:39 pm
Where Does Voldemort Live or Hide?I just saw this thread. Does anyone think that the answer to this question just happens to be in the new title of book 7. Voldemort lives in the Hallows.

Just a thought.

lil_snuffles
December 22nd, 2006, 4:44 pm
I just saw this thread. Does anyone think that the answer to this question just happens to be in the new title of book 7. Voldemort lives in the Hallows.

Just a thought.

That would actually make sense. It sounds as though the title has a bit of forshadowing in it. I was also thinking that Voldemort could still be at the Riddle House in the graveyard. Any thoughts?

Hes
January 14th, 2007, 12:05 pm
I was also thinking that Voldemort could still be at the Riddle House in the graveyard. Any thoughts?

I think that would have been too risky for Voldemort to stay there. At least Harry knows of the location and I am sure Dumbledore knew too. Which means the Order of the Phoenix would know too, hard to swallow that they would let him life there in peace.

Now with everyone fully aware that Voldemort has returned, that house must at least had some attention from the Ministry of Magic. They are searching for Voldemort and the Death Eaters aren't they, ok maybe they are busy with other stuff like security measures... But at least they must know about the Voldemort/Riddle connection.

lord_brademort
February 5th, 2007, 7:03 pm
Now that he is back in physical existence, where do you think he lives? Where was that place in OotP that Harry saw Voldemort walk over to a mirror and examine himself?

My first thoughts were Godric's Hollow, but if that was the case, Voldemort would be introduced into Deathly Hallows too soon, perhaps.

I think now that Dumbledore is gone, he will try and gain entry to Hogwarts, but that doesn't answer the question where he is now... do you think it possible he is living internationally? In Albania, maybe, like he was throughout his exile?

EBJ23
February 5th, 2007, 8:27 pm
I think that Voldemort still is at the Riddle House. He was there in GoF, and I don't really see a reason for him to leave.

DrLazy_89
March 30th, 2007, 10:55 pm

I agree with this. I don't think those houses would be stading, and if he had ancestors still living they would be muggles. It's all interesting that Voldemort himself hasn't mentioned the Horcruxes after he was reborn. Maybe one of the locations where he is a is a Horcrux which could make it difficult to find.

IntricateLogic
March 30th, 2007, 11:29 pm
He could be staying at the Riddle House, though that'd be stupid because Harry knows about the Riddle House. I think he's probably somewhere like the Order of the Phoenix, a secret place. Hidden, where he can't be found. A bunch of enchantments and spells for protection most likely. I reckon it's unplottable.

xFluerDelacourx
March 30th, 2007, 11:38 pm
I think it would be very interesting to see where Voldemort lives. I always imagined him living in a dark cave(maybe he even has a throne) in a moutian somewhere but he probaly lives in the Riddle house or maybe a Salazar Slytheirn house.

DrLazy_89
March 31st, 2007, 12:00 am
He could be staying at the Riddle House, though that'd be stupid because Harry knows about the Riddle House. I think he's probably somewhere like the Order of the Phoenix, a secret place. Hidden, where he can't be found. A bunch of enchantments and spells for protection most likely. I reckon it's unplottable.

The Riddle house is not such a bad idea if he is trying to lure Harry near him so he can kill him. I wonder how many others know about the Riddle house and its location.

xhanax315
March 31st, 2007, 1:37 am
Perhaps he lives in a hole somewhere.....:p

LJB85
March 31st, 2007, 4:11 am
I don't think Voldemort considers anyplace his home, except Hogwarts. Just like Dumbledore said in Half-Blood Prince, "Hogwarts was the first and only place he had felt at home."
And of course, Harry feels that way too and he lives in other places he could consider home a little, e.g. The Burrow.

Of course, where Voldemort lives doesn't have to be home per se. I don't think he hides anywhere in particular. He just roams locations, sort of in hiding. Yet I don't think he'll be in exile at all anymore in Deathly Hallows.

I don't think he has anywhere to live after HBP and nowhere to hide either. Can a man be considered alive if he cannot be killed?, Fudge says in HBP. Voldemort is not really alive to live, and he can't hide anymore either. I don't think it will matter much because of those reasons.

bmichael71105
March 31st, 2007, 4:36 am
I just saw this thread. Does anyone think that the answer to this question just happens to be in the new title of book 7. Voldemort lives in the Hallows.

Just a thought.

EXCELLENT point! Think about it... in SS, the book is based around the Sorcerer's Stone.
In CoS, the book is based around the Chamber of Secrets.
In PoA, Sirius is a big part of the story, but not COMPLETELY based around him.
In GoF, the book is largely based around the Goblet of Fire/Triwizard Tournament.
In OotP, the Order is a huge part of the story and opens up a whole new chain of events and information while remaining a constant throughout.
In HBP, Snape (aka The Half-Blood Prince) ties into the whole story and plays a important part as well.
So I have concluded that Deathly Hallows is where Voldemort is because Harry is going after Voldemort, not waiting for Voldemort to come to hiim and the Hallows has to be where they finally meet up, where Voldemort has been all this time, where we find out who lives and dies

:)

ginnyluv
March 31st, 2007, 6:48 am
i am facinted by how he hides and you have no idea where he is i think its creepy he could be in yer backyard in the wood like in gob he was this feeble thing hiding in the woods somewhere its scary but interesting to anticipate i think

wizard123
March 31st, 2007, 7:21 am
I am sure that Voldemort and the Death Eaters must have some sort of a Head Quarters like the Order of the Phoenix. As someone said..I guess he feels only connected to Hogwarts and considers that his "real" home.

triwizard33
March 31st, 2007, 6:30 pm
he probably hides in a cave where no one can see how ugly he is :lol:

Terrance
March 31st, 2007, 6:59 pm
i prolly has a place like grimmauld place...somewhere that's unplottable and unable to find unless the secret keeper(voldemort) tells u

OwlPatronus
March 31st, 2007, 8:50 pm
Whenever Harry has seen visions of Voldemort he's been in some form of well appointed, if dark, house with death eaters nearby to go on errands. It would make sense for him to have several magically defended safehouses scattered throughout the country, but with no important information or materials in them other than beds and emergency money. Since apparition is possible, orders and any supplies like potions can be kept at the main headquarters except in rare circumstances.

Carb_King
April 7th, 2007, 1:27 am
Because the only info we know about Voldy is the same info that Harry knows, I doubt that the place in question is known to us at this moment. Also, I don't think we know about this because wouldn't Dumbledore have told Haarry the location if he had known it? And let's face it, if Dumbledore didnt know, then we don't know

Montse
April 7th, 2007, 2:29 am
The riddle house would be too obvious,im thinkin a cave or graveyars of the sort,I like the idea of the deathly hallows big voldmorts liar...

DrLazy_89
April 13th, 2007, 6:03 pm
The riddle house would be too obvious,im thinkin a cave or graveyars of the sort,I like the idea of the deathly hallows big voldmorts liar...

In whose's graveyard do you think he could be hiding?

Maybe Slytherin's if one exists because of the significance.

Half_Blood26
April 13th, 2007, 6:25 pm
I just think that Voldemort hides where noone can find him, except his followers, so that he can bide his time, and make another plan, and I don't think he stays at the same place twice, as not to blow his cover and be exposed.

LeiaShadow
April 13th, 2007, 7:27 pm
Voldemort probably has another dark and creepy mansion with a graveyard out back. Someplace where there is no risk of curious muggles getting in, or curious wizards. I doubt he stays in one place for long, though. Too risky. He is a wanted wizard, after all.

lunarsphere
April 13th, 2007, 7:34 pm
Maybe when he was hiding in Albania, he found an old castle and is now using it as his lair...?

Actually he hid in a forest and survived by possessing snakes and rats and other small animals.

I imagine now he has reignited the magical war he must move to a different hideout very frequently.

Vampire_Girl
April 13th, 2007, 8:39 pm
I always assumed he moved around. That way he's harder to find, and he can be closer to whatever evil plot he has underway at the time.

dreamy_eyes_xox
April 14th, 2007, 4:17 am
what do you thinkbaout him living in Lily and James old house? I mean, if there was a Fidelus Charm on it, VOldy could have founf it cuz of Peter. He could use another Fidelus charm now, so maybe he could be there. Thats farfecthed but highly possible. Harry is supposed to go to Godrics Hollow so maybe there is a tie between where VOldy is staying and there. hm....

InsaneKira
April 14th, 2007, 4:21 am
I'm convinced he's still hanging around Little Hangleton, because in the 2 out of 3 occasions we see him he is around the areas. Once in the old house, once in the graveyard. The third time he is in the MoM. I don't count Book one and Two because his state is just so pathetic and a horcrux copy of him doesn't count in my book.

LeiaShadow
April 14th, 2007, 4:33 am
Voldie could go to Godric's Hollow because he knows Harry will return there, but I doubt he'd live in the Potter's house. There wasn't anything left of it(besides a bunch of rubble), for one thing. And I don't think he'd be keen on staying at the site of one of his murders. But he could go because he wants to trap Harry there. That is very possible.

InsaneKira
April 14th, 2007, 4:35 am
Voldemort lives in the cupboard under the stairs in the Riddle mansion.

Chris
April 14th, 2007, 4:51 am
I think it's 50/50 that LV is either moving around a lot or he's hiding somewhere with a Fidelius Charm.

The third possibility I see links up with LV's arrogance. He might be "hiding in plain sight" (the riddle mansion's a nice possibility here). Under this scenario he figures that the MoM can't overthrow him straight-up, and therefore, he's relatively safe from attack. I think this is less likely, but as LV gains more power, he'll feel more free in the open. Especially with DD gone.

Tenshi
April 16th, 2007, 10:25 pm
This is based on the "dream" of Harry in Seen and Unforseen (OotP) and on the following Oculomency lesson with Snape.

In his dream Harry sees a room with Voldemort (himself) and Rookwood kneeling in front of him, having a conversation together. Later during Snape's lesson Harry got the image of the room in his mind again and Snape was able to see it.

"How do that man and that room come to be inside your head, Potter?" said Snape.

It seems that Snape is aware of the room and probably was there himself. Could that be Voldemort's new headquarters? It's not the Riddle House, as Voldemort told he's not staying in there for long.

Where is the new headquarter then?

My favourite theory is the Orphanage. Voldemort likes to stay at places he has personal connections too. Furthermore he lived there in his childhood and knows the region.

LadyVoldemort
April 17th, 2007, 5:28 am
If he is hanging around in places that he has a personal connection to--and assuming only his followers know where to find him--then I figure it must be somewhere no one would think to look. Excepting his followers, as I said before. For example, it may be possible that he is hanging out in a place that has not even been mentioned yet. :hmm:

LeanneJO
April 17th, 2007, 5:36 am
I also think he would move around a lot. I don't see the orphanage as a likely place as it is in a muggle area and more than likely, still in use.
He probably has his own headquarters like the Order have got, thatis equally well hidden.

shortie97890
April 17th, 2007, 6:50 am
I thought that he maybe staying at the Riddle house. it is empty and no one goes there

sllagnire
April 17th, 2007, 3:55 pm
I thought that he maybe staying at the Riddle house. it is empty and no one goes there

I think that is a pretty good bet. I always thought that Voldemort had something to do with whoever owned the house, and now that Frank is out of the way, there is no one looking over the house.

Padfoots_godson
April 17th, 2007, 4:11 pm
Well in GoF Voldemort said they were staying at the Riddle House becuse the plan couldn't be carried out yet. But I think they would have moved out by now since Harry told Dumbledore about the Graveyard. Dumbledore would have made sure it was empty after recalling the Order.

magia
April 17th, 2007, 5:16 pm
he must stay in some place, i think its the place harry saw in his vision where rookwood was kneeling, but it'll be hellishly protected, he has to have some place where he and all the other 'wanted' death eaters stay, snape must be in the same place, and he's bound to be the secret keepr, so no-ones finding that. Or they could simply put the fidelius charm on each of their houses.

Chris
April 17th, 2007, 7:43 pm
My only issue with the Riddle house as headquarters idea is that, at the least, the Order knows that's where LV was reborn. I think we would have had some hint in OoTP or HBP from DD to Harry that they knew where LV was hiding, since unless the house is Fideliused, DD could have sent a spy along.
Thought struck me while writing that last - Snape presumably knew where headquarters was, so it may have been fideliused, because otherwise Snape could have told DD, who could have then told Harry in HBP.
Counterpoint is, of course, that since the RIddle house is an obvious place for Harry to have to look, DD need not mention it specifically. DD already went to the Gaunt house, a mere few miles away, so he may have at least looked into the cemetary / Riddle house, but who knows.

Albus_Potter3
April 18th, 2007, 1:03 am

Just a thought.

Hey thats what I thought too! Right when I heard the title, I had a feeling that was the name

hplova15165
April 18th, 2007, 1:13 am
Voldemort doesn't live any place in particular. He travels, and whatever place he happens to find "moderately comfortable" he stays for a while. He always has plans, so these plans require traveling. Voldemort never had a place to call home. And hiding... Wherever Voldemort happened to be at the time would be the place he would hide. There was the Riddle house... the Albanian forest... he travels. He hides there. That's about it. Simple, isn't it?

DrLazy_89
April 20th, 2007, 1:17 am
Voldemort doesn't live any place in particular. He travels, and whatever place he happens to find "moderately comfortable" he stays for a while. He always has plans, so these plans require traveling. Voldemort never had a place to call home. And hiding... Wherever Voldemort happened to be at the time would be the place he would hide. There was the Riddle house... the Albanian forest... he travels. He hides there. That's about it. Simple, isn't it?

I read this and I though about other modes of "transportation" that wizards could you, apart from apparition and brooms or floo powder. Voldemort is a powerfull wizard so he could make his own way to travel, so as to not be traced or followed etc. making it impossible to assign him a particular place was his only residence. any thoughts?

DrLazy_89
May 2nd, 2007, 12:16 am

He has to have a particular place where he can go. He can just wonder around.

dasfres
May 2nd, 2007, 6:24 am
I don't think he lives anywhere in particular. Like others have said, he probably travels around a lot and stays in different places. It would not make sense for him to reside in one spot for a long period of time anyway. If the Order found out where he lives, it would be much easier to put surveillance on him and plan an attack against his 'home'. The more that he moves around, the more it keeps the Order guessing, and off of his trail.

If he ever needs to meet with his death eaters, he can always use the dark mark, or find them himself.

harshil
May 2nd, 2007, 6:47 am
agreed my friend he most be invisible or even he can be under an invisibility cloak coz after all how many moodys out there who can see through invisibility cloaks

lordofcocacola
July 4th, 2007, 5:49 am
The place does not nessecarily need to be in England... Even though the story takes place there, we know that Voldemort for some reason fled to Albania when the spell backfired.

Agreed. I think he's still there. It's a great way for JKR to bring Krum into book 7, a little drop over in Bulgaria and we're off.

mrsweasley51490
July 4th, 2007, 7:05 am
i dont know but it dosnt make sense for LV to live in any one place in perticular unless it could be unplotted or something like grimald place but then if snape was good wouldnt he just tell the order where LV lived? it seems to me that he just goes where ever he pleases he is a very busy man after all

wickedwickedboy
July 4th, 2007, 7:48 am
And since he is a powerful wizard, he likely figured out how to become an animagi. Assuming his body was not so far gone as to not "take" to the animagi magic...he could have an animal form. That would mean that he could literally be anywhere at anytime right in front of the wizards noses and they wouldn't have a clue.

He may also know of the magic Dumbles spoke of that allows one to be invisible...

I agree he travels around a lot and there is obviously no end to the number of ways and means he has at his disposal to do so.

MLynas
July 4th, 2007, 11:15 am
Since he regained a body in book 4 I believe, He spent book 5 at the Riddles Coreographing the escapes from Azkaban, and delving into Harry's mind after christmas to convince him to go to MoM. During Book 6 we heard not a sound from the Dark Lord but I believe he has moved, and believe that Harry was definatley not his priority in book6. He's been somewhere doing something, something which I believe Harry is crucial to. Something that will make him permanantly Immortal.

dumbledoresocks
July 4th, 2007, 6:32 pm
The Potter's old house? As a daily reminder that a weak little baby nearly killed him. He would wake up each morning ready to start the day fresh, look around the room and remember "dam it! that Potter boy! Must kill him." He would use it to pump himself up every day.

Just kidding of course

_aleXiel_
July 4th, 2007, 6:33 pm
The DEATHLY HALLOWS....where else?

mwbashful18
July 4th, 2007, 8:25 pm

I'd really like to see a scene in the next book where we see where his headquarters are. Perhaps the first chapter ought to be Snape's return to Voldemort and so we can see what happens there and the decisions on Draco and such. That way we don't spend the book wondering what is going on with that group.

Nicole
July 4th, 2007, 8:45 pm
Isle of Drear. No one goes there because the quintapeds are so nasty, but someone (Tommymort, I think) did capture one--it's bones were in the cage Harry saw in the Room of Requirement when he was hiding the potions book. :evil:

Chris
July 4th, 2007, 8:47 pm
Isle of Drear. No one goes there because the quintapeds are so nasty, but someone (Tommymort, I think) did capture one--it's bones were in the cage Harry saw in the Room of Requirement when he was hiding the potions book. :evil:

So Tommy / Voldemort has figured out how to subdue the quintaped population, allowing his DE's to survive on the Isle of Drear? I wonder if quintapeds are afraid of Nagini?

Nicole
July 4th, 2007, 8:49 pm
I wonder if quintapeds are afraid of Nagini? :lol: Maybe they are! :D I'm probably just being silly. It's just as likely that Voldemort doesn't have an HQ because he doesn't stay in one place very long. It's hard to say for sure.

Numenorian
July 4th, 2007, 8:52 pm

Ever thought about it that deathly hallows could refer to the reamaining horcruxes?

I think he still lives in the riddle mansion.

dumbledoresocks
July 4th, 2007, 8:59 pm
ahhhhh yes. good one!

Numenorian
July 4th, 2007, 9:07 pm
ahhhhh yes. good one!

No, not good one. :lol:

Why would the deathly hallows be a place if it's in plurial?
And maby he's always moving. That's why the death eaters can't find him.
Then there pops up a strange question; does Voldemort need sleep?

LunanNeville
July 4th, 2007, 9:11 pm
Voldemort resting or taking a nap is an odd idea, but I'm thinking that he probably does sometime, I just can't imagine when. Then again he is so terrified of dying that he may not sleep...

As for where he is hiding, I think he is always on the move, but probably has like a central location where he can go and be alone, because we know that's how he likes it...

I'm thinking a cave that only he can get to, with Nagini of course...

Nicole
July 4th, 2007, 9:12 pm
Then there pops up a strange question; does Voldemort need sleep? Since he doesn't have much human left in him (per Hagrid), I'm going to guess he only needs 1/7 the sleep that other adult wizards need. :evil:

TreacleFudge
July 4th, 2007, 9:21 pm

that works and makes sense to me. It is a very logical and reasonable explination.:relax:

LadyVoldemort
July 5th, 2007, 1:02 am
I'm wondering if it is a place that will be introduced in the new book.... :hmm:

Numenorian
July 5th, 2007, 1:14 am
I'm wondering if it is a place that will be introduced in the new book.... :hmm:

Most probably

eviljim13
July 5th, 2007, 1:15 am
Right after the events of GOF,wich I just watched the DVD of last night,I think that Voldemort stayed here for a little while still.The ministry didn't want to believe,so they never sent anyone to Little Hangleton,it took Dumbledore a little while to get organized,and in the meanwhile,Voldemort got his stuff together-and then left,long before either the minisstry or Dumbledore could get a "follow"party together.I think it likely that eventualy,Dumbledore set up a permanent watch over Little Hangleton and the Riddle house-so that no one could use this place any more.So where was Voldemort during the interigation of Rookwood?At a secret location in LONDON:drool:
Voldemort has always been portrayed as a terrorist by Jo.And terrorists often have a "safe house"in the "big"city!!!!!!!!!!!!
Remember that Tom Riddle told Dumbledore that he knew perfectly well how to get around London-had been doing it for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What was to stop young Voldemort from bying himself a piece of Property in London,wich after passing ownership thru several death eaters,still belonged to Voldemort but could never be traced to him?Spells to cover up his own spells and you have a plavce where Voldemort could "chill out"without being noticed.

aggiefan1206
July 5th, 2007, 7:02 am
the same place he was in GoF. or perhaps he dosent stay in one particular place. there are so many places he could be.

Gandalf_Shaw
July 5th, 2007, 10:22 am
I agree that Voldemort has no one place of residence. I believe should he gain access to Hogwarts that would be his stronghold (and what a stronghold it would be!). I believe if he stayed in one place for too long Dumbledore would have heard about it, just like he did when Voldemort was weak in the forests of Albania.

LunanNeville
July 5th, 2007, 3:29 pm
Maybe he stays at the little flat in Notting Hill with the blue door...

Lol,

I'm sure he doesn't stay in one place very long, and if he sleeps it is rarely

dumbledoresocks
July 5th, 2007, 3:53 pm
No, not good one. :lol:

Why would the deathly hallows be a place if it's in plurial?
And maby he's always moving. That's why the death eaters can't find him.
Then there pops up a strange question; does Voldemort need sleep?

When I read it I was thinking of some sort of a cave-like set up with multiple vestibules, hence the "hallows" but I think I may have jumped the gun in agreeing that he may live there seeing as no one knows what the deathly hallows are yet.

Gandalf_Shaw
July 5th, 2007, 3:56 pm
Maybe he stays at the little flat in Notting Hill with the blue door...

:lol: Yeah because Lord Voldemort is now Hugh Grant! That would have been wonderful casting.

LunanNeville
July 5th, 2007, 4:05 pm
lol, yes