Clémence Poésy as Fleur Delacour

Pages : [1] 2

Fenrir_Fan
November 21st, 2005, 5:45 pm
What did you think of this actress? Did she play the part or did she kill it?

In my opinion, I think she did very well. She was very atractive just like in the book and I think she got the idea of the charecter over without much dialouge. Her screams in the movie seemed very realistic and she was just a very good actress in general.

Cyrus
November 21st, 2005, 5:47 pm
yeah, i thought she was pretty good, although she didn;t have much to do.

ShezCrafti
November 21st, 2005, 5:52 pm
I thought she did a great job! She may not have had much to do, but her presence alone was enough to get the point across. A little bit of subtlety goes a long way--I wish the directors would take that approach for some of the other characters, instead of over-doing them to the point of making the performances too campy. But anyway, Fleur was great; beautiful, charming, and believable.

saberglow
November 21st, 2005, 6:16 pm
What did you think of this actress? Did she play the part or did she kill it?

In my opinion, I think she did very well. She was very atractive just like in the book and I think she got the idea of the charecter over without much dialouge. Her screams in the movie seemed very realistic and she was just a very good actress in general.
I thought, considering that she said like 10 words in a whole movie, any prettier girl could have done it. French or not..
but I guess she was ok. I just imagined the hair to be more blond, a lot longer, and a perfect straight nose.

Fawksfan
November 21st, 2005, 6:24 pm
I think she did a fine job, for what she had written for her. I just expected more veela moments in the movie.

Lapazeus
November 21st, 2005, 6:35 pm
I think she did a fine job, for what she had written for her. I just expected more veela moments in the movie.

I found it funny that most of the Beauxbaton girls were more good-looking than her. She looked quite ordinary actually, pretty girl nonetheless.

vapormist
November 21st, 2005, 6:38 pm
I just felt really confused about her hair. I mean, Fleur's hair is supposed to be her most distinctive physical feature, and they just ignored it, made it a mousetail instead...Of course, it isn't mentioned she's part Veela in the movie, so it's not mandatory, but still, it isn't all that hard to make?
Otherwise, I think she did the role very well.

Bertha Blotts
November 21st, 2005, 6:41 pm
I liked her. Shame we didn't see her meet Bill, but of course there wasn't time for everything. (Although there was time for pointless things, like Rita Skeeter, and not enough time for the confrontation with Voldemort and what came after.)
I hope they have her back in movie 5 and/or 6.

Sylestian
November 21st, 2005, 6:46 pm
I thought she did a good job. I expected her to talk more, but we will definately see her talent in HBP and (insert book 7 here).

saberglow
November 21st, 2005, 6:47 pm
I liked her. Shame we didn't see her meet Bill, but of course there wasn't time for everything. (Although there was time for pointless things, like Rita Skeeter, and not enough time for the confrontation with Voldemort and what came after.)
I hope they have her back in movie 5 and/or 6.
Why would they have her back in movie 5? She isn't in book 5!

marebear02
November 21st, 2005, 6:51 pm
I really liked the actress they chose to portray Fleur Delacour. She was just as pretty as what the book portrays Fleur to be, in my opinion. Also, even though she was not given very many lines she got the point of her character across very easily. I really wished they would have given her more lines but if she's in the future movies (6th) maybe she will have more lines.

OldCodger
November 21st, 2005, 6:54 pm
They made her kind of wimpy,she didnt seem to be as positive and assertive as she was in the book,but I thought she made good fleur.And I agree they needed to do more with her hair,but as staed in alot of threads we wonder if Kloves and the last 2 directors every read any of the books.

TLFL22
November 21st, 2005, 7:24 pm
i thought she did a good job in the movie, I would have liked to see more of her than of Neville, in my opinion. hopefully we see her again.

saberglow
November 21st, 2005, 7:25 pm
They made her kind of wimpy,she didnt seem to be as positive and assertive as she was in the book,but I thought she made good fleur.And I agree they needed to do more with her hair,but as staed in alot of threads we wonder if Kloves and the last 2 directors every read any of the books.
Kloves did. I mean he read the 6th book, so he must have read 4th. How do you expect him to write a script if he hadn't read the book? lol. Mike newell also said that he has read the 4th book.

If they have at least given Clemence a wig with the hair like it's described in the book, it would have been perfect.

codex57
November 21st, 2005, 7:57 pm
She wasn't quite as beautiful or haughty, but I thought she did a wonderful job. One of the few pleasant surprises in the movie. She was a bit too likeable tho. One of *** reasons I love the character Fleur is that she's so arrogant that she makes every girl hate her. Actually, all the Beauxbaton girls seem to be jealous of and hate each other. Totally over the top and funny. Then, she becomes loveable when she shows vulnerability during the 2nd task. You don't really like her until then.

The movie Fleur was pretty much likeable since you first meet her. Not as much fun, but her character is a relatively unimportant part of the overall plot so I don't stress that much on the changes.

1Rebecca1
November 21st, 2005, 8:23 pm
I though she did very well. :)

HPotter24
November 21st, 2005, 8:23 pm
She was alright. I expected her to be much more attractive however being part Veela.

Viktor_K
November 21st, 2005, 8:27 pm
I thought what she did do she did really well like the screaming and crying...but i think she could of got alot more character put in with the help of the screen writer.

Selene Sedai
November 21st, 2005, 8:29 pm
I thought she was very good. a lot like how i imagined fluer! :)

tonksinred
November 21st, 2005, 8:34 pm
She wasn't quite as beautiful or haughty, but I thought she did a wonderful job. One of the few pleasant surprises in the movie. She was a bit too likeable tho. One of *** reasons I love the character Fleur is that she's so arrogant that she makes every girl hate her. Actually, all the Beauxbaton girls seem to be jealous of and hate each other. Totally over the top and funny. Then, she becomes loveable when she shows vulnerability during the 2nd task. You don't really like her until then.

The movie Fleur was pretty much likeable since you first meet her. Not as much fun, but her character is a relatively unimportant part of the overall plot so I don't stress that much on the changes.
I agree. In the 6th book there will be no reason for any of the girls(Mrs. Weasley, Hermione, and Ginny) to be upset about her engagement to Bill. There's no reason not to like her, they made her too nice and kinda wimpy, as someone mentioned before. But, as i doubt that the directors are going to follow the book so close, it doesnt matter. Fleur (or clemence) did a great job, i loved how in the end, she was the only one (Besides the teachers) not cheering and clapping for harry, she realized something was wrong and that scream was like the cherry on a sundae, a perfect finish to such a great scene!

cinnamon822
November 21st, 2005, 9:39 pm
I loved Clemence, but she seemed a bit too sporty to be Fleur. Fleur was always a bit more stuck up in my head.

RiotGrrrl
November 21st, 2005, 9:43 pm
I think she did a good job. Frankly i'm glad they cut her character down, she didn't have many lines, but i wasn't bothered by that at all.

I think it will be easy to make her more "annoying" in the movies to come when she is interested in bill. Then again who knows, that may be cut out of the movies all together. I highly doubt Bill and Fleur's wedding is the apex of all the excitement in the series...but i guess one should never assume.

GinnyLovegood
November 21st, 2005, 10:20 pm
She played the role well although she had very few lines she dident seem like a veela. And yes her best line was a screem of horror. but i agrea she seemed a littel too likabel. But other than likabilety they got her rite.

crashcoogan
November 21st, 2005, 10:27 pm
She was a very good actress for the part.
She needed more lines, though. Wasn't very much development of her character. She seemed more sweet and timid than snobby and proud.

Sharky
November 21st, 2005, 10:36 pm
I thought she was alright but I've always thought that Fleur was very stunning. The actress was undoubtedly beautiful but there was nothing striking about her. She was just sort of ordinary! And she was no way near haughty and condescending enough!

Trun0_Jay
November 22nd, 2005, 1:43 am
Why would they have her back in movie 5? She isn't in book 5!

Yeah so far into reading she only get's a brief mention , i heard however she does have a role in other books apart from goblet of fire

saberglow
November 24th, 2005, 4:32 am
Yeah so far into reading she only get's a brief mention , i heard however she does have a role in other books apart from goblet of fire
erm.. yea.. HBP. Have you even read any of the books? Because it doesn't look like you did.

Hermione1fan
November 24th, 2005, 4:39 am
She was in it a lot but she didn't have many lines. But that's ok. I thought she was a great actress!

Quibble
November 24th, 2005, 4:39 am
Yeah. I thought that she was a pretty good actor. Although she didnt have that big of a role in the movie. One thing that disappointed me is the hair color.

battered_one
November 24th, 2005, 4:41 am
I don't know if a lot of people know this, but the actress who played Fleur was 23.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0993242/

But, I thought she looked the right age, good actress, spoke french very well [well, she's french, I'm assuming she would], and was definately pretty enough. Thumbs up for me.

littlemae
November 24th, 2005, 6:13 am
I thought she did a very nice job. Despite what a lot of people think, I though she was very pretty and even though she wasn't as veela-like as could be hoped (not that it mattered because I doubt it will be mentioned at all in the movies), she was still lovely. She didn't get very many lines (don't think I heard he speak at all until after the second task), but for what she did speak she did fine. Lovely french accent (she is french after all, so it is to be expected).

MrsGWeasley
November 24th, 2005, 6:18 am
I thought all the beauxbaton girls were awesome. they are my new heroes! iam leaving hogwarts to become a beauxbatons girl!

Hp_Dreamer120
November 24th, 2005, 6:26 am
I think that this actress was a little too athletic! Fleur seemed very spoiled, very rude, and very stuck up, kind of like a stereo typical daddys girl. She was a good actress it just was so not like the book! but i think GoF was the best HP movie yet! so she wasnt bad but i just hope shes differnt in HBP becasue she just needs to play the spoiled pretty rude stuck up girl! it will just make it so she fits the book1

JadeFox
November 24th, 2005, 7:02 am
I thought she was pretty damn ugly... There coulda been a much hotter girl than her. Hermione is defintely a lot better looking than her.

Trigunmax
November 24th, 2005, 7:08 am
Not much to say about her...she was ok but...not how i imagind i thought of her more brave...seeing her freak out and run franticly in the maze...urg

Atlas
November 24th, 2005, 7:10 am
I thought she was pretty damn ugly... There coulda been a much hotter girl than her. Hermione is defintely a lot better looking than her.

See, the thing that makes Clemence Posey so much hotter than Emma Watson is the age; Clemence is 22 and Emma is only 15, and thusly not legal... I do think when Emma is 18 she will be very pretty, but Clemence is in no way ugly at all....

cedriclives056
November 24th, 2005, 7:10 am
i think they made fleur appear to be too sweet and naive in the movie.... definitly a different impression then what i got in the books

xelm0x
November 24th, 2005, 7:21 am
Despite a kind of questionable acting background... I thought she was pretty good :) I didn't know what to expect because of that. But like someone had mentioned, she wasn't as beautiful as I had envisioned. Not to insult the actress in any way, but I think I expected more of a glamorous, fantastic beauty. But where the veela thing wasn't emphasized or even explained I guess it wasn't necessary either... and she didn't say too much :lol: she didn't really say enough to be liked or disliked...

Lpenhale
November 24th, 2005, 7:25 am
I think she was grrreat.... well.. just incredibly hot lol.

aushpluva
November 24th, 2005, 9:58 am
Clemence Poesy is an actress I greatly admire. I think she portrays Fleur really well.

xdancingqueenx
November 24th, 2005, 10:03 am
She was great in the movie. But she wasn't the Fleur that I imagined while reading GoF. Clemence is pretty, I know. But she's not too pretty. Im sorry. Well. Shes a veela. And a veela should be like a perfect blonde haired girl or something like that. I imagined her to be VERY VERY VERY pretty. Althoug Clemence is pretty, don't get me wrong, I do like her. But she isn't my Fleur. lol.

Dobby
November 24th, 2005, 10:26 am
She was great in the movie. But she wasn't the Fleur that I imagined while reading GoF. Clemence is pretty, I know. But she's not too pretty. Im sorry. Well. Shes a veela. And a veela should be like a perfect blonde haired girl or something like that. I imagined her to be VERY VERY VERY pretty. Althoug Clemence is pretty, don't get me wrong, I do like her. But she isn't my Fleur. lol.

Same here. I thought of her as white-blonde, long hair, big blue eyes, and pale skin. The movie didn't really show her the "snobby" side, for example in the book she calls Harry "a little boy" and complains about Hogwarts food and decorations. These aren't necessary, but someone else mentioned, she was sporty.

Topazfire25
November 24th, 2005, 6:09 pm
I thought she did a very good job, although I had imagined her to be snobby like in the book.

quidditch44
November 24th, 2005, 6:26 pm
I thought she did a very good job, although I had imagined her to be snobby like in the book.

I agree. I was actually expecting more from her in the movie. Im not sure in what way, but it seemed like her presence wasn't what I expected it to be. That probably has something to do with the veela aspect not being introduced, but that really didn't matter in the long run. I thought the actress who played Fleur did a fairly good job, ecspecially when Harry returned with Cedric's body...a very bone-chilling scream that brought the crowd to their feet. Overall, I wasn't dissappointed with her character, but since we only got to see her in a few scenes its really hard to go in depth about her performance.

saberglow
November 25th, 2005, 6:59 am
noe that's the most immature thing I've heard in awhile.
She was anything but ugly. She was very, very pretty. Just not '"the most beutiful woman Harry (or anone else) has ever seen"

i_luv_fred20
November 25th, 2005, 7:05 am
Fluer Delacour is an irritating character.

L0velyS0ul
November 25th, 2005, 7:12 am
I thought she did a fantastic job! She really held her character together.

QueenofHogsmead
November 25th, 2005, 1:08 pm
I was dissapointed that Fleur didnt say very much.In the book she had quite a few lines(not as much as the others).I was annoyed that the film didnt mention anything about Veelas.

PaRTyGiRL089
November 25th, 2005, 1:37 pm
I like Fleur... she's cool.. I thought all the Beauxbaton students were HOT!

muggle_net
November 25th, 2005, 3:13 pm
She was alright. I expected her to be much more attractive however being part Veela.
Hahaha. That's what every guy here is saying and the girls are complaining about Krum.
I think she did brilliantly for her part. Fleur really doesn't do too much in the books until #6.

PerinGalitte
November 25th, 2005, 3:20 pm
I think she was fantastic in the movie considering she didn't have that many lines. Clémence Poésy has a pretty good acting background compared to most of the other 'unknowns', and if you've seen her other roles, you'd see what a versatile actress she is. She grew into the role so well that you'd probably not recognize her in her other films. But I agree with everyone else, she wasn't as beautiful as they describe her in the book.. But I'd expect it'd be hard to find an actress who's french, has fleur's flawless blonde flippy hair, and looks like an ethereal goddess of beauty as well as the acting chops to match. Clémence is still gorgeous in my opinion. :blush:

misswitch07
November 25th, 2005, 3:29 pm
Fleur was definitaly not what I thought she was going to be. I thought she was going to be this perfect, gorgeous blonde. She is supposed to be part-veela, because of her grandmother. Same with her sister. I thought they were going to be much different.

AlassinZane
November 25th, 2005, 5:05 pm
I was a little bit put out about the fact that they left Veelas out of the movie altogether but as far as the actress she pulled a great Fleur, very much in character and a lot nicer that the Fleur I had pictured in my head, but believable and all. With so little lines she deserves credit for standing out at times and knowing when and how to blend with the background.

Esantiago
November 25th, 2005, 5:09 pm
She did a good job, but i think they should have made her to seem stronger. They made her seem weaker then any other sudents. She was the one to lose all the time. But she was cool.

Firebolt_Flyer
November 25th, 2005, 5:15 pm
man i think she did an awesome job

Jenn1182
November 25th, 2005, 5:36 pm

Yes, but according to the movie there is no Veela. The movie isn't operating exactly like the book. Fleur in the books is part-Veela. Fleur in the movies is a beautiful French witch and very talented (she was picked from the Goblet after all). I thought Clemence was perfect.

india_black
December 4th, 2005, 8:32 am
Hey guys
well i just saw the 4th film and i couldnt help but realise how much of a dissappointment the chick who played fleur delacour was! im sorry, but she so wasn't pretty and she had like 2 lines- "Thankyou Ron" and "goodbye ron" Fleur was like my fabourite character (Lol) in the book and she was, well lame!
what do you think?

RoonibWazley
December 4th, 2005, 8:41 am
I thought she was very hot.

Dynast
December 4th, 2005, 8:52 am
Hey guys
im sorry, but she so wasn't pretty

Well, it would be close to impossible for them to find a girl who would look exactly like a Veela, wouldn't it? In the end, all the actors are merely humans, so we have to be able to overlook some flaws here and there.

That being said, I think she looked all right. Loved her hair. :blush:

she had like 2 lines

I believe she said more than that in the film. What about the scenes in which she thanked Harry for saving Gabrielle? I'm pretty sure she had lines then as well.

Atlas
December 4th, 2005, 8:52 am
She was breathtakingly gorgeous, and her amount of lines was the fault of the screenwriters, not herself...

me_potter_fan
December 4th, 2005, 9:16 am
i think she suited the role

Fayth
December 4th, 2005, 9:47 am
She was pretty.
We didn't see the Veelas in the Quidditch cup, so they didn't say that she was part-Veela. And... Well, yes, she didn't have a lot of acting. But in the book she looks like an arogant witch - that's all. And in the movie she looks smarter and has a better charakter.

Hysteria
December 4th, 2005, 11:00 am
i thought she was very pretty in the movie! as for lack of lines, i thought that krum was far worse off than fleur!

mia305
December 4th, 2005, 11:22 am
I think that Clemence Poesy was perfect for the part of Fleur, but I was really annoyed at how few lines she and Krum had!!

FairyWaters
December 4th, 2005, 11:41 am
no one can be as pretty as veelas.......
so I can stand this situation

Trun0_Jay
December 4th, 2005, 11:43 am
I thought she was beutiful , oh and blame mike newall for the lines , she had many morelines but he decided to cut them

voldyvolvol
December 4th, 2005, 11:45 am
Clemence Poesy doesn't look ugly. As a matter of fact, I thought she was very pretty in the film. It is true that she had lack of lines, but she doesn't come up as much in the books as well.
I loved Krum. He had like no lines whatsoever, but I loved it when he said "This place is only for champion, and friends." I love that. He sounds so fierce and mad. Off topic.
Well, I'm just looking forward to her in the Half Blood Prince.

Scabbers
December 4th, 2005, 11:46 am
i think it was the fault of the actors around her. i rekon they should have been more "wow shes gorgeous" when around/near her

Blizzard
December 4th, 2005, 12:44 pm
The whole Veela story was cut remember, so she doesn't have to look like she can stop traffic with her looks. I did think the actress was beautiful though.

AnnaSophia
December 4th, 2005, 12:46 pm
I thought physically she really suited her. I think she's gorgeous - a very lucky girl. But I do feel they got Fleur's personality wrong. Fleur is supposed to be pompous, self-infatuated and generally unlikable but the Fleur of the movie was quite a likeable character (in my mind at least).

zhaomeng
December 4th, 2005, 12:47 pm
She looks pretty...and her outfit(s) suits her nicely in each appearances...but I was really disappointed by the lack of lines...and screentime...just like Krum and Cho...
<points wand at scriptwriter..."Crucio!!">

cate_brown
December 4th, 2005, 1:08 pm
I was just dissapointed in the lack of lines that she had (as well as the other 'champions'). But overall, I think that she was alright.

soriano329
December 4th, 2005, 5:22 pm
I liked her, I thought she closely resembled what I pictured her to be. After all, what does a veela really look like?

Gormless
December 4th, 2005, 5:30 pm
I thought she did well looks-wise, but there wasn't any mention of her at the Qudditch World Cup, and her english speaking wasn't right for the character.

Fantasy Moon
December 4th, 2005, 6:28 pm
I thought physically she really suited her. I think she's gorgeous - a very lucky girl. But I do feel they got Fleur's personality wrong. Fleur is supposed to be pompous, self-infatuated and generally unlikable but the Fleur of the movie was quite a likeable character (in my mind at least).
My thoughts exactly.

Nevilleismyking
December 4th, 2005, 6:36 pm
Not so great but ok. she was more likeable than she should have been :) I still imagne her my way when I read the books over.

Wimsey
December 4th, 2005, 6:41 pm
Fleur is a quaternary character whom we will never see again in the movies. Her character really comes across as a very negative stereotype of French women (i.e., a conceited nymphomaniac), so that obviously had to be changed.

However, Harry Potter has one lead character and two secondary ones. In the book, Fleur really is nothing more than a tool for developing Ron and, to lesser extents, Hermione (we see her intense jealousy at Ron's reactions to Fleur) and Harry (who is much more immune to the femme fatale than are most males his age).

One change that I would have made: I would have had Fleur be the one Imperiused into attacking Cedric. Having Fleur be an easy victim in two of the tasks just made her look like, well, a girl playing a man's game. Slightly bolder adaptation could have made it appear that Fleur had been bewitched to disqualify her and allow Krum to win.

Krum then could have been shown being overcome by the maze. That would have divied the "wimped out" factor equally among males and females.

Amazon
December 4th, 2005, 7:06 pm
I agree with the lack of lines thing. But i wasnt happy with the actress either(though i cant think of one that should have played fleur instead). But ts what happens when you love the book and then see it on screen. If the director doesnt love the books,not just respect them or anything.. but if he/she doesnt love it you can tell in detail. Like they didnt even mintion that fleur was a veela, so no one is going to realy understand why ron was so....:scared: Barty Jr. escaped from azkaban did he? I thought sirius was the only one who ever did that? Are they trying to rob Sirius of that record or what? :p off topic i know. anyways, i thought that they did a good job in that the actress always looked good even when she had just been under water and attacked by grindilows.:tu:

RaspberryJam
December 4th, 2005, 7:08 pm
I don't think she was that bad, but she did have a lack of lines. As for her not being pretty enough for you, get over it. :lol:

littlemae
December 4th, 2005, 7:11 pm
I thought Clemence was a great choice for the part, I thought she was pretty. Her lack of lines wasn't her fault, I wish she had a few more too.

Devon_Evans
December 4th, 2005, 7:14 pm
I thought she did a nice job, though I have to agree with a review I read which said: "from all the things that sadly had to be cut-off, Fleur Delacour's character was the one that suffered the most. Appearing in the Triwizard tournament’s tasks only to be disqualified 2 minutes later." I gotta say, that’s true, I mean she was in the water during the second task like 1 minute and then just a few minutes after they entered the maze she was already so desperate and wanting to get out. But well, that wasn’t her fault. She did a nice job with the time that was given to her, I especially loved when she spoke in French, so sexy :P

Remus_Moony
December 4th, 2005, 7:37 pm
well i thought she wasn't that pretty too,but maybe she was the best actor they could find

Evik
December 4th, 2005, 8:06 pm
I wasn't disappointed about her at all. I was actually positively surprised how good the actress was. It's true that she didn't have much lines to say, but she is not that important and I don't think we'll see her again (not even in HBP).

snowlayd
December 4th, 2005, 8:16 pm
The actress herself was wonderfull. I liked the way she screamed when Harry and Cedric got out of the maze. She wasn't given many lines, true, but that's not her fault aye. And she did look good to me, maybe not the way I imagined her, but I gave up those hopes up a long time ago:P The movies are just never going to be the exact image you see when reading.

thegame2119
December 4th, 2005, 8:45 pm
I was not dissappointed with Fleur at all in this movie. Her lack of lines didn't bother me that much and she was the only one of the new characters that resembled what I had pictured when reading the book.

Sox4Dobby
December 5th, 2005, 7:08 am
The actress herself was wonderfull. I liked the way she screamed when Harry and Cedric got out of the maze. She wasn't given many lines, true, but that's not her fault aye. And she did look good to me, maybe not the way I imagined her, but I gave up those hopes up a long time ago:P The movies are just never going to be the exact image you see when reading.

That was a brilliant comment. That's what I had in mind, but I couldn't have put it better. :P

quafflequest
December 5th, 2005, 7:55 am
She was good at her attires. But se was not beautiful as mentioned in books. Nor Cho Chang.

cady_seekool
December 5th, 2005, 8:07 am
She was OK...
but Krum is so far from what I pictured him :D

Dynast
December 5th, 2005, 8:07 am
Like they didnt even mintion that fleur was a veela, so no one is going to realy understand why ron was so....:scared:

Well, for those who haven't read the books, it could be generally assumed that Ron was (or should I say is?) going through a phase in which he is generally interested in girls. Also considering the fact that he was staring at the behinds of the Beauxbatons students when they made their entrance (ahem), I think the director was merely trying to press on the fact that he was enthralled at them being pretty and all.

Pyps
December 5th, 2005, 8:56 am
She realy suites the role. Though she had not much lines she stuck to my memory well. Now I imagine her only like in the movie.

Silkeng
December 5th, 2005, 9:01 am
Fluer isn't my favorite character at all, so I was not the disappointed at her lack of lines, I think she was in it enough and was glad they didn't event any situation where she would have had more dialog than she deserved. I think noone could have been as perfect as the character in the book, but I think the actress was pretty enough for those that haven't read to book to realize that everyone thought her a great beauty.

vivekgk
December 5th, 2005, 11:14 am
I get that it would be difficult to find a girl that looks like a veela, but I still don't get why she had to have a ponytail instead of the silvery sheet of hair. Clemence is gorgeous, but still, I expected her to be 'blonder'. I mean, completely silver hair, like Halle berry in x-men.

Other than that, there was no disappointment. She had a small part, but she did it very well, with grace and the french, if not veela, charm.

guad
December 5th, 2005, 12:08 pm
I would have liked to see more from Fleur in the movie. She is a champion, and all the previous marketing campaign was giving the champions quite some protagonism.
I believe from what we saw from the movie, she is a good actrice and good looking. But I think they could have changed her hair a bit, make it more glowing, with silvery shining. I mean, If they cut away Ralph Fiennes nose, they can modify some blond hair, don't they?
Oh, and I would have simply LOVED to see just one second of Fleur looking at Bill. It would have been such a "AWWWW" in the whole theatre.

IamMoose
December 5th, 2005, 4:33 pm
I was upset that the veela thing wasn't in the books ..I know that they can't include everything but they managed the leprachuans of the Irish team so they could have done a few veelas! I thought Fleur was pretty but not what I had been expecting. They could have done something to give her a bit of a shimmer or something.

Apropos of nothing. I have to say that the guy playing Krum is HOT. And I am a sucker for a European accent :D

TheForce
December 5th, 2005, 4:39 pm
I thought Fleur was quite beautiful. But my imagination had definitely painted a better (hotter :p) picture. Oh well...nothing beats the imagination I suppose. :D

Elladora
December 5th, 2005, 4:40 pm
I honestly didn't like her

jupiterflautist
December 5th, 2005, 5:00 pm
I don't think that Fleur was represented correctly. Personally I didn't think she was near pretty enough, but I guess it's hard to find a flawless beauty.

Lyserg
December 5th, 2005, 5:18 pm
I loved Fleur, she was soo exactly as I imagined.

And of course she wa gorgeous, and very beautiful!

Peagreensgirl
December 5th, 2005, 5:30 pm
Well, I honestly thought I was going to be majorly dissapointed with Clemence as Fluer....even after I had seen GOF previews I was like "I'd make a better Fluer then her!" but then I saw the film & was pleasantly surprised(I suppose the trailers/previews didn't show enough of her). I think she's very pretty & did a great job with the lines & amount of screen time she had. I still think, like most, that they could've mentioned she was part Veela(& kept the actual veela in the film), & they could've done her hair better.

Bunny
December 5th, 2005, 5:38 pm
I would have liked to see more from Fleur in the movie. She is a champion, and all the previous marketing campaign was giving the champions quite some protagonism.I'd have liked to see some of the character that Moody referred to. I felt that she was made out to be a bit weak.

Queen_Beruth
December 5th, 2005, 10:27 pm
Well, india_black, if you say that Fleur was your favourite character in the book then we just have to believe you, although it beggars belief, really. Are you having us on?

Fleur is a one-dimensional, stereotypical Frenchwoman. She doesn't do much, except lose the Triwizard Tournament.

In what way is her portrayal in the film "lame"?

hp007
December 6th, 2005, 12:02 am
She was pretty, sure, but there was nothing ethereal about her. Still, I guess she was okay. Not great, but okay.

Lil_G135
December 6th, 2005, 1:37 am
The actress was pretty enough for me. Not mentioning the veela-story was a safe route to go, so some fans wouldn't be all "she's not pretty enough to be part of one X0" (though they still are doing it ^^; ). I was thoroughly disappointed by the lack of lines for Fleur and Krum though. They didn't feel like competition at all, especially with Madame Maxine and Karkoraff seeming so "schemeless" and "fair" to me :shrug:

magical4life
December 6th, 2005, 1:49 am
I thought in the film she was pretty (especially because she wasn't supposed to be a veela) but she was represented weakly. She didn't seem strong enough. It kind of gave across the point that girls are weaklings compared to boys, which i don't agree with. But i don't think they were trying to say that so it was fine. It was not a MASSIVE dissipointment.

Bellatrix13yia
December 6th, 2005, 2:16 am
I thought she was very hot.

EW! no way! she was horrible for the part. she was not pretty, she didnt sound very french, and she said like NOTHING!!!!

Bellatrix13yia
December 6th, 2005, 2:17 am
I don't think that Fleur was represented correctly. Personally I didn't think she was near pretty enough, but I guess it's hard to find a flawless beauty.true, true

Bellatrix13yia
December 6th, 2005, 2:18 am
It was not a MASSIVE dissipointment.

oh, yes it was!

Binary
December 6th, 2005, 2:18 am
Fleur was, and is, a hottie

Sylestian
December 6th, 2005, 2:19 am
:rotfl: Queen Beruth :rotfl: I completely agree!!!

On another note, if some of you think she is 'not that pretty' I would hate to know what some people think of me.....:huh:

Bellatrix13yia
December 6th, 2005, 2:20 am
Fleur was, and is, a hottie

what is wrong with you people?!

Binary
December 6th, 2005, 2:22 am
c'mon, she's part veela, we're under the influence, give us a brake

Scamantha
December 6th, 2005, 2:22 am
I think that Clemence Poesy was perfect for the part of Fleur, but I was really annoyed at how few lines she and Krum had!!
Me too!!!!

WeasleyAtHeart
December 6th, 2005, 2:40 am
To be honest with you, Clemence is plain looking. She doesn't have any like out of ordinary qualities about her that make her beautiful. I was expecting someone just drop dead beautiful as she was veela but I found all of the other Beauxbatons girls much more pretty.

She did fine in the film, she is a good actress. She should have had a bit more lines though. But she'll be back for movie 6, hopefully, if they don't cut her out.

SMAC
December 6th, 2005, 3:10 am
I though she was good for the role she very pretty and I thought she had enough lines as she doesnt really say much in the book anyway.The only thing is that she seemed to nice and not as self centered but overall I though she was fine. Krum was the one that really disspointed me he had one line in the whole movie and I would've like to see the part were he talks to Harry about Hermione.

ramla
December 6th, 2005, 5:26 am
she didnt have much roles but still i liked her...she was much more impressive than krum atleast

Charmed
December 6th, 2005, 10:54 am
Considering she had no more than half a dozen lines I really can't form an opinion on her performance. She seemed to be ok from the short screen time she had.

InvisibleInk
December 6th, 2005, 11:18 am
Clemence Poesy! Not pretty.. gasp.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2004/11/10/mary_narrowweb__200x297.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Dragon96321/Image0602-0105TV104.jpg

Look, she's georgous!

Brianna_Potter
December 6th, 2005, 11:44 am
I liked the actresses preformence. Really good.

Only... I imagined Fleur with long REALLY blonde flowing hair. It was up too much for me. But then again that was properly just me...

voldis_girl
December 6th, 2005, 11:54 am
She should be very cold and proud, because of this she don't talks that much. Fleur didn't looked like I want her to look, but this is the case by most of the characters.

One example is Moody, yes this was dissappointing....

danielissohot
December 6th, 2005, 12:02 pm
Fleur was supposed to be a lot more pretty i mean she was hot in the movie but she's supposed to be like part veela and "all" the guys are like drooling over her kind of thing
......................mad-eye-moody was of course a way bigger disappointment...................i mean hello an eye-patch

cady_seekool
December 6th, 2005, 12:33 pm
OK, she's not that veela enough..but where are we going to find a real half-veela anyway...but wait, how about Paris Hilton :P

TnK
December 6th, 2005, 12:41 pm
She's not a major factor in the books, so it's only obvious that she wouldn't get that many lines in an already over-packed movie. She didn't look how I imagined though. I expected a jaw-dropping woman, but I didn't see that.

Brianna_Potter
December 6th, 2005, 12:45 pm
OK, she's not that veela enough..but where are we going to find a real half-veela anyway...but wait, how about Paris Hilton :P
Thinking about it... Paris Hilton would make a good Fleur she matches Fleur's personality too... along with looks :P :P :P

quafflequest
December 6th, 2005, 1:23 pm
The disappointment with Fleur Delaceur is bombarded with Mad eye Moody's appearance. He was supposed 2 be weak and an eye of electric blue. This should not be hanged till death from Mad Eye as they haev tied a knot 2 it.

Lil_G135
December 6th, 2005, 1:58 pm
EW! no way! she was horrible for the part. she was not pretty, she didnt sound very french, and she said like NOTHING!!!!

Funny, I thought she was French...

She's not a major factor in the books, so it's only obvious that she wouldn't get that many lines in an already over-packed movie.

That is true, but I wish they would've made it seem like a competition. Have a little tension. Make fans who've never read the books (and even even the book readers as well) think "Oh...well maybe Harry actually wont win the competition..."

By the middle of the second task a guy somewhere in the front row said "Well, Harry's going to win this all. They did have to ship the french girl and italian guy (:lol:) to England to prove that. Why are we staying for the end?" and his partner was like "Well yeah... but there is a twist in the end though!"

Gaspard
December 6th, 2005, 8:30 pm
Thinking about it... Paris Hilton would make a good Fleur she matches Fleur's personality too... along with looks :P :P :P

I can't believe it ! Paris hilton is so coarse ! And she looks so American .. wait I don't mean that all american are coarse, certainly not, just Paris Hilton ... I found Clemence Poésy far more gorgeous than Paris Hilton is actually ... It's a shame she didn't had more lines ... But I like the way moody says (i don't know the lines of the american version ) She is as frail as I am ... It was funny . I hope they would give us more of Fleur in an extended DVD . As we say in France, "Hope makes the world go on " ... ( I want to be understood, I'm not anti-American, I love USA it's just that I don't find Paris Hilton suitable for Fleur ... Well ,See you !

Lyserg
December 6th, 2005, 9:26 pm
The people who say that Fleur isn't gorgeous, it's because they are jelouse of her and they might be ugly and horrible people, full of envy, shame on them....

hp007
December 6th, 2005, 10:31 pm
The people who say that Fleur isn't gorgeous, it's because they are jelouse of her and they might be ugly and horrible people, full of envy, shame on them....

It would be appreciated if you mind your tongue. We are all merely expressing our opinions here- you can't just point fingers at people and call them "jealous"(yeah right) and "horrible", just because they don't agree with you.

Raven_Girly
December 7th, 2005, 2:05 am
I agree that she didn't quite have to Veela quality. But it doesn't matter. I think she played the part wonderfully. And BAH to whoever said Paris would make a good Fleur.

cady_seekool
December 7th, 2005, 10:44 am
QUOTE]I can't believe it ! Paris hilton is so coarse ! And she looks so American .. wait I don't mean that all american are coarse, certainly not, just Paris Hilton ... I found Clemence Poésy far more gorgeous than Paris Hilton is actually ... It's a shame she didn't had more lines ... But I like the way moody says (i don't know the lines of the american version ) She is as frail as I am ... It was funny . I hope they would give us more of Fleur in an extended DVD . As we say in France, "Hope makes the world go on " ... ( I want to be understood, I'm not anti-American, I love USA it's just that I don't find Paris Hilton suitable for Fleur ... Well ,See you ![/QUOTE]

But if anyone tell me that Paris Hilton is a veela, I'll believe it because veela's beauty is sort of vain...and look at her! this is definitely a vain beauty, it's written all over her
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/yaampyun/paris20hilton.jpg

Fleur never approved of Hogwarts Castle. It was too cold and dark, its décor was outdated, its food was too heavy, and of course there was that little problem of the Headmaster letting a "little boy" in on the Triwizard Tournament. Fleur was probably satisfied with the amount of attention she secured from the male students at Hogwarts.

She found life at the Weasleys' a bit dull and too housework-centred, and was at odds with Mrs. Weasley on many things, from her taste in music to Nymphadora Tonks' appearance.
credit: mugglenet.com

this is what Paris Hilton would do, you know.

TnK
December 7th, 2005, 11:19 am
But if anyone tell me that Paris Hilton is a veela, I'll believe it because veela's beauty is sort of vain...and look at her! this is definitely a vain beauty, it's written all over her

There's more to beauty than just looks, ya know.

Paris just doesn't have the stunning looks that I think Fleur should have. The way she holds herself, the way she smiles.... I don't know, perhaps I'm judging more by the way Paris Hilton acts than by her looks alone, but I can't imagine her as Fleur in the movie, or someone who looks just like her.

gualsa
December 7th, 2005, 11:39 am
I think Fleur in the GoF was petty good. She was tiny of build and with strikingly pretty eyes. She was very European looking which is good.

I would have hated to see her as another Hollywood Stereo type with BIG EYES, WHITE TEETH and BIG LIPS.
Beauty is not only what we see when we open a Vogue magezine or watch an episode of One Tree Hill.

She was supposed to be french and she delivered it perfectly. :tu:

Gaspard
December 7th, 2005, 6:33 pm
"But if anyone tell me that Paris Hilton is a veela, I'll believe it because veela's beauty is sort of vain...and look at her! this is definitely a vain beauty, it's written all over her"

Paris Hilton is not beautiful ... It is an interesting difference of point of wiew, because in France nobody found her gorgeous ...
But we're getting far from the subject ... I'm surprised to see that for non-french people, Fleur appears nymphomaniac ! It is not how she is depicts in French translation (maybe it is just so it doesn't hurt us), but if describe her like this just because she wanted a date with Cedric, you exagerate a little bit ...
I think that Fleur is more someone attracted by greatness, in beauty and in heart qualities, as she prooved it in HBP. And if she make fun of Hogwart castle, it is understandable... L'académie de Beauxbatons must have been constructed like Versailles Castle, wich is more attracting than a gloomy castle in Scotland .
I am sorry if I have hurt somebody with my english or my ideas ... But I think that Fleur deserved a better place in film four ...
Gaspard

confutatis
December 7th, 2005, 7:06 pm
Some people confuse sleazy with beautiful. Paris Hilton is sleazy... that's her shtick, her appeal. Sleazy can be appealing in its own way, and there are many stars who have made their mark and fortune by being intentionally sleazy (Madonna comes immediately to mind).
I was also disappointed in the choice for Fleur, as the Fleur of the book was a jaw-dropping, traffic-stopping, completely wholesome beauty whose appeal did not rely on flaunting anything... she was a veela! A point totally missing in the movie, which makes Ron's asking her to the dance a non sequiter in the movie.
The concept of 'beauty', by the way, is dependent on the society, of course. But one thing is nearly universal (and nearly universally ignored by women) - as a general rule, the women that men find to be traffic-stoppingly beautiful are NOT skinny! Not fat, but definitely with some 'meat on their bones,' as we say in Texas. [The foregoing paragraph was a gratuitous aside ;-) ]

Drusilla
December 8th, 2005, 11:30 am
They might just chop Bill and Fleur's storyline out of Movie 6 altogether, it isn't crucial- so it doesn't really matter. That said, I think introducing Veela and explaining that she was part Veela would've taken too much time, so they just made her a really attractive, poised French girl instead. And it worked. Clemence Poesy did a brilliant job as Fleur, and it seems unbelievable to think we don't actually hear her speak till the Second Task- she has screen presence enough to more than make up for it.

cate_brown
December 8th, 2005, 1:14 pm
I think that they should keep Fleur in book 6 (in the movie). I'd just like to see more of her. AND I would like to see Bill and Fleur's wedding. It might not be as crucial but I would like to see it. As well as Lupin and Tonks' wedding (if they do decide to get married of course).

enchanted06
December 8th, 2005, 4:48 pm
I thought that she did a good job but she there weren't enough scenes with her really in it and I don't think they played up Rons obsession with her nearly enough becaus they were focused on the whole Ron and Hermione thing.

Gaspard
December 9th, 2005, 7:30 pm
I think that it will depend on book 7, because if the wedding of Fleur and Bill is that important, they will have to put it in the last film ... And mention it on the fifth one , no ?
I hope they would keep C. Poesy in the other films but I don't think there is much we can do ... But they don't seem to really care on what is gonna happen on other book in the films so ... all the response are comming with book 7 !. Ho, just, this is a real beauty :

**image removed by staff member**

indreams
December 9th, 2005, 9:12 pm
in terms of acting i think she did a fine job. her character didnt have much written for her, but what she did have i think she did fine. in terms of physical apperence i was not as happy, i was expecting her hair to be complet;y different, longer, blonder, and for some reason i had this mental image that it would just kinda float in the wind. lol. not to say she wasnt pretty, she is. but i think it is sooo hard to find an actress that will meet everyones expectations. we all have different images in our minds as we read the books.

Strider62442
December 9th, 2005, 11:06 pm
I guess they could have made her more flirty. Otherwise I was satisfied. I don't really want to see a paris hilton kind of girl who looks like a cross between a bird and a fish (though thats truer to the description of the veela)and is too long. Fleur did look like a she was a class above the other girls in the movie though. And the shots of her in the bathing suit were very nice.:drool:

TLFL22
December 9th, 2005, 11:09 pm
I think that the actress did a great job, given that she didn't really play a big role.

rotsiepots
December 10th, 2005, 12:05 am
I thought Clemence Poesy (sorry, not accents on my computer) did a fine job as Fleur. She obviously didn't have many lines, but managed to communicate a range of emotions with what she had.

I think anyone who doesn't think she's attractive needs to get their eyes checked. If I looked liked Clemence I wouldn't be complaining.

Besanamo
December 10th, 2005, 12:12 am
I liked the way Clémence portrayed Fleur and brought her character across eventhough she didn't have many lines in the movie. As for how she looks, I imagined Fleur differently, but Clemence does look really good in the Yule ball scene.

Evelynian
December 10th, 2005, 12:12 am
I thought she was great for the part, she's a great actor and she looks like Fleur. They should have included the stuff about veelas, because otherwise it doesn't quite make sense why all the guys are gaping at her. She did a great job, though.

rotsiepots
December 10th, 2005, 12:14 am
They should have included the stuff about veelas, because otherwise it doesn't quite make sense why all the guys are gaping at her.
I think you'll find that most guys gape at good-looking girls regardless of whether they're Veelas or not.

Love_HP
December 10th, 2005, 12:59 am
She was really good as Fleur, she had the looks, the accent, the grace and the determination that Fleur had in the book. i hope she returns in future HP movies.

yyyiiilllaaannn
December 10th, 2005, 1:43 am
I thought Clemence Poesy (sorry, not accents on my computer) did a fine job as Fleur. She obviously didn't have many lines, but managed to communicate a range of emotions with what she had.

I think anyone who doesn't think she's attractive needs to get their eyes checked. If I looked liked Clemence I wouldn't be complaining.
Same here. if I looked her liike, I wouldn't be complaining either. It was the director's decision to drop the whole veela thing from the books so that Fleur wasn't playing a veela, but just a pretty French girl. There was this one line that had my head scratching on whether she could act, and that was when she said "you saved her life, even though she was not yours to save..." something like that anyway. That part was done with a little too much drama, but besides that she did very well. I don't really know how well she does in other movies, because I haven't seen her act in anything besides Harry Potter, but it helps that she's fluent in both languages. She was able to convey emotion during the third task especially well, and she gave a very convincing scream when Krum got her in the maze. So, sorry if I repeated something that other people have said - I don't have the time to look over all those pages, but overall, I think she did a great job as Fleur.

india_black
December 19th, 2005, 12:50 pm
i thought she was atrocious! i hated her completely fleurs like my fav charatcer and she was so boy-looking in the movie (no offence) shes ment to be this like mega hottie but she was plain jane and insipid looking- not cool i was seriously disappointed!
(This was not ment to offend)

AmeliaPotter
December 19th, 2005, 1:27 pm
i thought she was atrocious! i hated her completely fleurs like my fav charatcer and she was so boy-looking in the movie (no offence) shes ment to be this like mega hottie but she was plain jane and insipid looking- not cool i was seriously disappointed!
(This was not ment to offend) No offence, but isn't hating a person soley based on their looks kind of superficial? Did you hate her acting too, or was it just the fact that you didn't find her attractive?

Anyway, I think that Clemence did a fairly well, as others have said, she didn't have many lines, but she made the most of what she had. I particularly liked the part when she saw Cedric's body. You could see the horror on her face. I think she was pretty good at conveying emotions through facial expressions. She wasn't as I imagined Fleur, but she really exceeded my expectations :).

aushpluva
December 19th, 2005, 2:01 pm
Funny, I thought she was French...

She is French. She has been to America and Canada. She also learnt English when she went to school in France. This is why her accent is the way it is. She had that throaty accent just like it is described in the books.

psycha
December 19th, 2005, 2:40 pm
I saw her topless in one of those french movies she did. But uh yeah...back to the discussion... she was pretty good, but she and Krum should have had more lines. Instead they gave more lines and screentime to her headmistress who isn't the least bit important in the story and plot. Oh well. I hope they bring her back for Half-Blood Prince!

crookshanks16
December 19th, 2005, 9:42 pm
I didn't like her at all. She just wasn't the Fleur I imagined.She wasn't beautiful enough or stuck up enough.

Gaspard
December 24th, 2005, 3:39 pm
Hé ! I know who could have played her instead of Clemence Poésy, who I liked very much, but whatever .. Its a french singers that won Star Academy... i don't know if she speaks english, but if it is to have the same number of lines that Fleur had, it is not really important , isn't it ? here is a picture and a lik to her website : http://elodiefrege.artistes.universalmusic.fr/images/galerie/large/48.jpg
http://elodiefrege.artistes.universalmusic.fr/

Drusilla
December 24th, 2005, 5:59 pm
Um, I still think Clémence is prettier. And I agree with rotsie- if I looked like her, I wouldn't complain. When I first went to see GoF, it wasn't till I was out here and discussing it that I realised she's actually had all of three lines in the film: she has a fantastic thing called screen presence which allows her to get noticed in every frame she's in whether she speaks or not. Aside from the scene after Cedric and Harry's return, I really liked this one moment in the tent before the First Task when Rita was riling Harry and Hermione and Fleur gave this amused little smile in the background when Krum spoke up. It's a small detail but it matters.

weecazillac
December 24th, 2005, 6:43 pm
i think clemence did really well and i thought she was really pretty and what i had imagined Fleur to be like

Minish
December 24th, 2005, 11:54 pm
She's so hott...

I mean... If she had some more lines, I'm sure she would have done good but she was good with what she had...

"You know how I like the way they walk."

Gaspard
December 26th, 2005, 7:25 pm
I mean... If she had some more lines, I'm sure she would have done good but she was good with what she had..."

That's right and there are plenty of moments that they cold have cut to give us a litle more of Fleur or explained the Veela story ... So if a dvd-creator see this : GIVE US MORE OF CLEMENCE POESY ON THE DVD WITH AN EXTENDED VERSION !!!
-please-:p

Brooklyn
December 27th, 2005, 4:31 am
I loved Her! She portatred fleur really good its hard to portray a charactor when you dont have much dialoge. Im an actress and I played a mute character once it alot togher than it appears cause you have to express emotions threw body languge and your eyes. I thought she was superb. Besides fleur my fave character

shortie
December 27th, 2005, 4:51 am
she wasn't really what i pictured fleur to be like.. i was thinking more straight silky long hair, tall, and drop dead gorgeous with a kinda mystical/magical touch. afterall she's supposed to be related to those magical people who are really pretty. (i forget what they're called =/)

muggle85
January 7th, 2006, 11:58 pm
She wasn't like the Fleur I imagined. She should have been more ethereal. Her acting was OK, but I dunno, I really thought Fleur was stronger. Ms. Poesy (yeah, I know, there should have been an accent, tell it to my keyboard!) portrayed her as a weak, even hysterical character.
She can play strong women, however. She was Mary Queen of Scots in "Gunpowder, treason and plot", or whatever that film was called.

KlausBaudelaire
January 8th, 2006, 12:18 am
I think she is fabulous, I can't wait to see more of her in HBP!

halfblood
January 8th, 2006, 2:19 am
I think she's pretty but they could have done more to make her look like a Veela...

Dead Star
January 8th, 2006, 8:20 am
Um, I still think Clémence is prettier. And I agree with rotsie- if I looked like her, I wouldn't complain. When I first went to see GoF, it wasn't till I was out here and discussing it that I realised she's actually had all of three lines in the film: she has a fantastic thing called screen presence which allows her to get noticed in every frame she's in whether she speaks or not.

Ah, I agree with all of that, especially with not noticing she only had three lines - the whole screen presence thing is such a Fleur attribute too.

I personally thought she was good. She was very convincing as Fleur, and her scream when Harry returned with Cedric was chilling and conveyed the horror of the situation. I definitely hope Clémence comes back for six and seven.

Paul
January 8th, 2006, 8:36 am
I thought she fit the role pretty darn good, I can't wait to hear her in HBP, hope she returns. I think though that she could have been prettier, don't get me wrong she was pretty, but I was expecting her to have one of those drop dead gorgius looks that just leaves every guy in a fantasy land during the scenes she's in.

Lerissa
January 8th, 2006, 11:09 am
Considering how nonexistant her part was they should have hired a blond model or Amy Smart (who is PERFECT for the part) to pull it off. I'm sorry, but half my gbuds are prettier than her (the other half are guys ^_^), heck they'r 10x prettier than her! This girl looked plain and simply unattractive. I don't imagine a guy stopping in his tracks to be 'wowed' by her.

It's like that band who sings "don't cha wish ur gf was as hot as me" n the girls aren't much of a lookers. In movie land looks are exteremly important to the character we are portraying...if it's a veela then she MUST be drop-dead-gorgeous in order for us to get the full effect, not just sort of pretty. It's like having Hagrid played by a slim attractive man....it doesn't work like that.

One movie that truly underestands this was 'memoirs of a geisha' where the girls were definetly pretty enough for the roles...and it made the events realistic. It also shows that yes there are lots of beautiful woman who can act!

SQUIBGIRL7
January 8th, 2006, 11:58 am
I think she did a really good job and I hope that we see more of her in the future movie(6th).

Well_Wisher
January 8th, 2006, 2:52 pm
She was good.

kaltia
January 8th, 2006, 10:48 pm
I imagined veelas as really just insanely gorgeous. Someone that you couldn't even think around. While Clemence was pretty, she just looked like an ordinary person. I went to see the movie with a friend and we were both disappointed with her part.

bravesfan150
January 21st, 2006, 4:19 am
she was pretty yes, but i expected her to be jaw dropping hot like described in the books

ShriekforSpice
January 21st, 2006, 6:29 am
She was very good, I thought that she could of been prettier, but she did the screams very well. Also, I liked her English.

random_musing
January 21st, 2006, 6:39 am
I really liked her as Fleur. I thought she was great. Its a bit annoying that people are saying that she wasn't gorgeous enough and all that. Fleur is supposed to be a pretty girl, and not any blonde on the street would have the Fleur jenesaisquois.

cgold
January 21st, 2006, 8:50 pm
She was only alright for me. I kinda wished they had left in her Veela storyline but I guess it wasn't that important. I liked her well enough but she was not memorable.

Cheers :tu:

lifeisharsh
January 23rd, 2006, 6:29 am
She's a good actress, but she wasn't how I imagined Fleur at all. She should be very attractive being part veela even though it wasn't mentione in the movie, it is mentioned on the Harry Potter movie website.

marianna58
January 23rd, 2006, 6:32 am
The problem is, I think...everyone's thinking "Hollywood" gorgeous. This girl is French, and she is stunning! I just saw it again tonight in IMAX and thought she was just beautiful. Plus, we usually only see her in her competitive gear. The shots where she is walking in the courtyard....gorgeous. No one really looks absolutely perfect with their hair back in a tight bun and sweatsuit, or hair wet, or messy and sweaty.

Drusilla
April 1st, 2006, 4:32 pm
Considering how nonexistant her part was they should have hired a blond model or Amy Smart (who is PERFECT for the part) to pull it off.

Amy Smart? Amy Smart? I can't think of any angle from which she'd be good to play Fleur. She just looks bug-eyed, anorexic and in no way French. Clémence Poésy, IMO, fitted all the attributes Fleur should have- grace, poise and presence. I've already spoken of the fact that I didn't notice she hadn't spoken at all till Gabrielle was pulled out of the lake. People really do need to think beyond Hollywood's image of what beauty is, because I honestly don't see what was wrong with Fleur's looks. Nothing, IMO.

DragonBlk17
April 1st, 2006, 5:15 pm
I think Clemence didn't a wonderful job as Fleur. She was exactly as I had pictured her in the books. I can't wait to see what kind of job she does in the other movies with the character!

pygmY_PufFer
April 2nd, 2006, 6:31 pm
The problem is, I think...everyone's thinking "Hollywood" gorgeous. This girl is French, and she is stunning!

Yes, I agree with this. I don't really get why some people say she's not pretty enough. If you look closely, she's really very pretty. I was pleased that they chose someone who looks very French. I think some people were expecting the typical "Hollywood" gorgeous, you know, the girl with long, straight blond hair, probably big, blue eyes, pale yet radiant skin... sort of the Californian beauty, maybe. The "all-Amercan girl". Fleur is supposed to be French, therefore, she's supposed to have the French beauty, like Clemence has.

Apart from my initial slight annoyance that her hair should be longer, I thought she did a great job. When she bowed at everyone after all the Beauxbatons students did their routine, she was really graceful. The way she carried herself was really natural, I was stunned. Then later, when she was walking back and forth in front of the trophies with Viktor and Cedric, she looked exactly as she should, like a pretty schoolgirl holding herself with integrity. Her biggest scene in the film was probably the part where she was thanking and kissing Harry and Ron for helping to save Gabrielle. I thought she did great at that part. I, as a viewer, could feel the anxiety she was feeling over her sister and her gratefulness that Harry saved her. I hope they bring her back for HBP, I thought she was under-used in GoF, I actually felt pity for her that they made her character seem kind of weak there.

Mad_Druid
April 3rd, 2006, 3:58 am
Clémence Poésy, IMO, fitted all the attributes Fleur should have- grace, poise and presence. I've already spoken of the fact that I didn't notice she hadn't spoken at all till Gabrielle was pulled out of the lake. People really do need to think beyond Hollywood's image of what beauty is, because I honestly don't see what was wrong with Fleur's looks. Nothing, IMO.

Well said:tu:
I couldn't believe it when people started saying that she wasn't 'pretty enough' before the movie came out. What a load of codswallap.
I also think that she had an incredible screen presence.

jade_lavigne
April 17th, 2006, 1:07 pm
This girl is sooooooooooooooo model material!!!!

there's no doubt about it!!!!!!!

she's just soooooooooooooooo pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lucy_vildevolpe
April 18th, 2006, 12:38 am
she was a good actress, but i dont like the way she looked- they could have lightened her hair, left it down, and curled it a bit.

They could have at least tried to make her more attractive, in stead of just leaving her face bare and putting her hair in a pony tail.

JimmyPotter
April 18th, 2006, 3:05 am
It remains to be seen if the character Fleur will even be in movies 6 and 7. They producers may decide that for time constrainsts, among other things, to leave out the whole Fleur/Bill relationship. This would mean that there will be no wedding in movie 7. In that case they may have to use some other means to develop any story lines developed during the wedding scene in the book.

Then that would mean we have seen the last of Clemence Poesy in the Harry Potter movies.

Audreetee
April 20th, 2006, 5:53 am
I think as far as her character in the script was developed, Clémence did a good job... The problem was that the Fleur from the book is completely different from the one in the movie. Movie Fleur doesn't have any of the arrogance and poshness Fleur has in the books. So for the few scenes we saw Clémence in, I think she was okay for the part...

Overdose
May 3rd, 2006, 6:07 pm
Amy Smart (who is PERFECT for the part)

Eugh... smutty men's mag style hollywood glamour beauty. I don't think so.

The_Hp_Princess
May 3rd, 2006, 6:43 pm
Oh! I think she's fab! I mean, she's been in 23 french films, they were bound to pick her anyway, though I still think she's good! She looks so perfect and pretty and really suits the part! I cannot explain how much I like her!

Drusilla
May 4th, 2006, 6:13 am
Amy Smart (who is PERFECT for the part)

Who would probably make the French drop dead of horror if Hollywood tried to pass her off as their compatriot....

blinkgirl
May 6th, 2006, 5:41 pm
I think as far as her character in the script was developed, Clémence did a good job... The problem was that the Fleur from the book is completely different from the one in the movie. Movie Fleur doesn't have any of the arrogance and poshness Fleur has in the books. So for the few scenes we saw Clémence in, I think she was okay for the part...
I agree 100% She was missing something that made us love and hate Fleur in the books. Like she was too nice.

Libra
May 6th, 2006, 5:43 pm
i think overall she was alright, but we really didn't hear from her too much in the GOF

aussie_bob
May 15th, 2006, 1:53 pm
There was a lot missing in GOF that would have rounded out the characters better. I agree with many of the posters that Fleur was more likeable than written in the book, though.

MHPFAN
May 16th, 2006, 8:14 am
I'm sorry. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I don't think she was that pretty! In the book, she was part veela and it even says in HBP that she has/had such "breath-taking beauty" that she seemed to glow when she entered the twins' room to give Harry his breakfast. I know that very few women really glow :rolleyes: or are that beautiful, but IMO I think they could have found someone prettier. Besides, she barely acted in the movie. Sometimes the acting makes up for other things.

kissclairekiss
June 1st, 2006, 1:21 pm
I think she will struggle in HBP, yes shes pretty but she portrayed someone really nice, not someone condescending and easy to hate...

xxx

Drusilla
June 16th, 2006, 7:33 am
I liked the way she played Fleur: the change in characterisation was probably the screenwriter's and director's decision, so she can't really help that. She played just what she was told to. But I do have a feeling she'd have been just as effective if they'd stuck to having her portray snooty BookFleur.

erinlikesnachos
June 16th, 2006, 10:13 pm
but the girls did have a reason to not like fleur! she was constantly insulting everybody!

As for Clemence, I think that she was a good fleur but I thought for the looks part she was way underdone. I thought she was supposed to glow like some angelic being or whatever. they didn't talk about the veela so I guess it wouldn't make much sense but you know, she just seemed like another blonde girl with a nice butt, not fleur.

x0c0untrybaby66
June 24th, 2006, 10:59 pm
she didn't really have much to do. but she's adorable. i don't think she was bad. just hope they bring her back, and actually give her something to say.

Ctg
June 24th, 2006, 11:06 pm
She is so beautiful. I think she makes a good Fleur. I'm glad they got her.

waffley1593
June 26th, 2006, 2:39 am
I was quite happy with Fleur. I don't know how the casting directors would possibly get an impossibly beautful girl like Fleur is in the books to play her on film. Also, having her glow would appear kind of childish in the eyes of someone who did not read the books and did not read of her unhumanly presence. I think the casting was done very well with Fleur. Any guy in high school would love her.

pygmY_PufFer
June 26th, 2006, 9:22 am
having her glow would appear kind of childish in the eyes of someone who did not read the books and did not read of her unhumanly presence.

Actually, come to think of it, it would be really weird if they did that. Those who didn't read the books would be like,"Why is that girl glowing like that? Why? Is it supposed to show how much Harry is entranced with her beauty? (because it's all from Harry's perspective)". Unless they actually mention how she is supposed to be part Veela, but I don't think that would work properly unless they have the Veela scene in the QWC to show how they are like. Otherwise, it would seem kind of childish and silly to have someone suddenly point out that,"She is part Veela, that is why she is so beautiful. Veelas are all really beautiful", or something like that.

I liked the strong screen presence Clemence had in GoF. In the few scenes and incredibly limited number of lines she had, for some reason, still created a reasonable ammount of effect in the mood/atmosphere of the scenes. For some reason, I got the impression that she could do a bigger role very well if she had the chance to.

Saiorri
June 26th, 2006, 9:51 am
ehhhhhhhhhh...I think her hair should have been silver like the Malfoy's. The Malfoy's look more Veela than she did. I guess if I would have to decide, I gueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeess she did a good job....she didn't say much and even though she is an authentic french woman, she didn't have as thick of an accent as I thought Fleur would, given Jo's over-emphasis of Fleur's language barrier. Clemence looks like she has too defined a muscle structure in her face, good and bad. I also wasn't sure if I liked how they toned down her superficialness...eh...I give her a 7.5/10.

Drusilla
June 27th, 2006, 7:58 am
Come on, she did a job good enough for me not to realise until the discussion started that she hadn't uttered a word in the film till Harry pulled her sister out of the lake. Screen presence counts for a lot and she had it, as the saying goes, in spades.

maxbeedo
June 27th, 2006, 8:13 am
Her problem was pretty much the same as Stanislav's, they pretty much completely cut her part out of the movie. Mike Newell admitted to not having read HBP, so he didn't know she'd be coming back (this just came to mind, I don't know if it was him, the script writing, or the editing that cut out her parts). I really liked her on the "Meet the Champions" DVD feature. A lot of my friends were complaining that she wasn't nearly pretty enough, to which I was like "gees, that's pretty mean." She was pretty enough to catch your attention for sure, and that's plenty enough.

LindseyScorno
June 29th, 2006, 9:41 pm
I thought many of the other Beaubaton girls easily out-prettied her. Expecially the blonde always shown in the front. I didn't find her pretty at all, sorry. Fleur is suppose to be amazingly pretty, and a crooked nose just doesn't fit the bill. As mean as it sounds, thats my opinion.