PDA

View Full Version : Book Five Predictions: Who Will Die?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

DarlingChild
December 12th, 2002, 8:10 pm
Stella...your english is wonderful! My dad was in Germany a few months ago, said it was beautiful there! Welcome to the boards!!

I, honestly think that Hagrid is a fan of Harry's. Maybe he dies on his mission to recruit the giants?

SeniorFishy
December 12th, 2002, 9:51 pm
I also believe that Dumbledore is a fan of Harry's because frankly isn't everyone at Hogwarts his fan? They all know what he has done when he was a baby and all know what he has done just since he has arrived at school. Its hard not to be a fan unless you are jealous of him.

Just look at how much leanway they give to Harry for breaking rules, the amount of Attention he recieves from the teachers, the amount of conversation that revolves around him.

So if you tell me a fan of Harry is going to die, for me that only rules out Snape, Draco Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, and Voldemort. Everyone else is a candidate.

Muse
December 12th, 2002, 11:06 pm
To the original topic, I'm stumped. LOL :D If we take JKR's words literally, I'm looking at the obvious like Ginny, one of the Creevey brothers, and Dobby. To my mind, Hagrid and Dumbledore are seen as his friends and mentors first, although I do not rule them out as biting the dust in the next book. I'd also hate for Dobby to be knocked off, because I think the issue surrounding the house-elves is important and I would like to see their roles expanded in this story about good versus evil. Dobby's new independence plays a great role in his impact to his fellow houseelves and I'd hate to see him go. So hm, I don't know. I do know it would have to be a death that would have more of an emotional impact on the readers, though.

LizardLaugh
December 12th, 2002, 11:15 pm
I just love Dobby, I don't want it to be him... then again, I don't want it to be anyone!!

[OFF TOPIC]
Before the Cos I read some review that said Dobby was a cross between Golum and Jar Jar Binks... I was so happy that person was wrong. I LOVED Dobby in the movie.
[/OFF TOPIC]

SeniorFishy
December 12th, 2002, 11:15 pm
would you consider a friend and a mentor to be a fan too? Would you consider your mother to be a fan? I know I have heard people say that their parents are their number 1 fans, however I agree that if I wanted to hint that Hagrid would die in book 5 I would probably use 'friend' more so than 'fan'. Although who knows how JKR's mind works.

revz
December 13th, 2002, 1:48 am
Originally posted by SeniorFishy
So if you tell me a fan of Harry is going to die, for me that only rules out Snape, Draco Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, and Voldemort. Everyone else is a candidate.

great one... and too true.... which brings us back to the question: who will die.... if almost everyone is a candidate... the only real solution is to read book 5:wow: which unfortunately is still not on the shelves....:devil:

Wanderer
December 13th, 2002, 2:39 am
A lot of people bring up some goods points....some of my ideas:

Hagrid - Good possibility in that one, a huge friend to Harry that has helped him out on several occasions and with him going off to be the Emissary to the Giants it allows for an easy knock off.

Ginny - I don't know about her being the one to die, sure she's a huge fan of Harry's, but she as a character hasn't been developed enough to be killed yet in my opinion.

Mrs. Weasley - This is a high possibility. Her death would hit everyone hard. the Weasley family of course, but she has kinda become Harry's mother in a way and her loss would hit him hard.

DD - Won't die until the end I'm thinking if at all. he still has a lot to teach Harry <remember their conversation in the Sorcerer's Stone>.

Just some Thoughts
;)

go_anna40
December 13th, 2002, 4:31 am
i've just read a really good piece of info from Harry Potter Lexicon (http://www.i2k.com/~svderark/lexicon/wands.html), okay. well, this concerns wands, unicorns and Cedric Diggory,

Cedric has a pleasantly springy, 12 1/4", single unicorn hair

Ron's new wand is: willow, 14", unicorn tail hair

and at the end of the page it saids:

NOTES:
Both Cedric and Ron have wands with unicorn tail hairs in them. This is a bit disturbing because of the following exchange from SS:

"Yeah," said Hagrid, glancing up, too. "Listen, I'm glad we've run inter yeh, Ron, 'cause there's a unicorn bin hurt -- you seen anythin'?"
Ron didn't answer immediately. He stared unblinkingly upward, then sighed again.
"Always the innocent are the first victims," he said. "So it has been for ages past, so it is now."

Cedric, like the unicorn, has already died. Is Ron next?

um...

Xikum
December 13th, 2002, 4:45 am
Ooo. Yeah, it would make sense that a wand with a unicorn hair would be drawn to the innocent. That would not be cool...Um, wait...JKR said that Harry & Ron would fight Vol. in V6. He can't die Yet...maybe they both will, but maybe not. We don't even really know if Harry will make it through V7, tho' I sure hope that the main 3 do!!!

go_anna40
December 13th, 2002, 4:48 am
yeah, i agree. but it would be a good twist if Ron did die, but i won't go there.

but still, i think that's a pretty good prediction

Katze
December 13th, 2002, 4:49 am
I went to the CBBC Newsround Harry Potter site and voted in one of their latest polls...

Here's the quote for the poll: "Harry Potter author J K Rowling has revealed for the first time that there's a major death in the next Potter adventure.

Who do you think will die in Book 5?"

Strangely enough - a higher percentage (just barely than Hagrid) is that Dumbledore is going to die! I never got the sense that D would kick the bucket, but I found it intriguin that so many people do!

And note that the CBBC says that it's a 'major death.' That has me a bit spooked.

If you want to vote go here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/vote/votes/newsid_2402000/2402179.stm)

go_anna40
December 13th, 2002, 4:54 am
um...no way...not Dumbledore, i think more of Hagrid and Ginny...round there, but no way Dumbledore...

well, you know the auction for the card full of clues, here's an extract of an article:

The story of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is a closely guarded secret, and Sotheby's auction house in London only revealed that the words "Ron ... broom ... sacked ... house-elf ... new ... teacher ... DIES ... sorry" are among the 93 words on the card.

i'm the one who bolded the die part...it mentions Ron's name, so maybe it will be him...

i read it at Darkforest.tk (http://darkforest.tk)

Machtyn
December 13th, 2002, 5:06 am
At first thought, and even after considering the unfounded rumor, Fudge seems a likely candidate. Recall, every meeting he and Harry have had, Fudge is almost bubbling with excitement, like a fan of a movie star or rock singer coming face to face with their idol.

However, to refute myself, JKR has stated she really hated writing that section, but it had to be done. Fudge just doesn't have that type of connection with the story. However, this is JKR's universe, and she knows her characters, like any author, and probably hates to kill anyone off.

I would like to put down any thoughts on Dumbledore's departure. To me, he is the Gandalf of Harry Potter universe. He almost transcends the whole of everything. Who is the only person Tom Riddle/Voldemort is afraid of, who is the person who has the greatest insight and can "see into your soul", who is the person who has been a part of most major events over the last 150 years. After all, he was the co-creator of the Sorceror's Stone. Gandalf and Dumbledore are hugely representative of each other. Dumbledore and Voldemort are the chess players, not the king or any other piece, but the actual player.

OH SADNESS DE NOIR! The thought of losing a Weasley! Even Percy, the poor stuck up book worm who just might find himself torn betwixt choosing sides. Percy is intelligent, he's just a straight arrow who wants everything done right and proper. I could see one of the twins biting the dust. I don't know if that would play out. Who else can see the twins forming their own multi-million sickle company in practical jokes? Ginny has almost died once at the hands of Tom Riddle. But does the real Voldemort know what ever happened that night of the demise of his journal effigy? I don't think so.

Hagrid does seem expendable. I'd hate to see him go. He's had such a hard life. Being falsely accussed of releasing the Chamber of Secrets, thrown into Azkaban (sp?), losing his father and the love of his mother. There is a good argument for Hagrid.

Good thought on Arthur Weasley not dieing because he will be the rebuilder of MoM. Mrs. Weasley will probably not get it either. It would push all of the Weasleys to the edge and Ron would probably get suicidal. Although, Harry would be there to console him (he knows what it's like without a mother), Harry couldn't lose the only mother figure he can identify with.

Dobby may get the deep sleep, but I don't think so because he will be the leader of the revolution to break the slave bondage of house elves. They're still freaky. But not quite as freaky as garden gnomes. Those things are scary and freaky!`

Colin Creavey. He is an interesting person. He is probably the biggest fan of Harry. But he is also a tertiary (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=tertiary) character. It does seem like the tertiary characters end up dieing, though. (The first DADA teacher, ok my brains gone..., Harry's opponent in Goblet of Fire, the Ministry guy who is betrayed by his son, all important figures in the books, but all tertiary characters)

I don't think either the head mistress of Gryffindor or the head master of Slytherin will die. However, it may be possible that Snape may die because of vengence from Voldemort.

One thought on Snape, I think he respects and despises Harry at the same time. Snape is going to have to come to terms with his past and prejudices. He's fighting on the side of good, but he mistrusts those who are the defenders of that side (Harry, Sirius).

There is no advantage or disadvantage to killing off McGonagall, that's the way I see it.

And, finally, I HIGHLY doubt that Ron or Hermione are going to die. They are the foundation to the books. That would have been like Frodo losing Sam, Strider (Aragorn) (my hero of Rangers; I am Lonetweed, Human Ranger, of Everquest!), or Gandalf!

And I think that about sums up all of my thoughts on the subject. Who gets my vote, you may ask. I haven't the slightest clue. I had a thought of who it might be, but after reading these posts, I have a feeling it probably will be Weasley. However, one more point on the Weasleys. Remember the two oldest Weasleys are out in the world, and one was very close in location to Voldemort. One is dealing with dragons, one of the most physically dangerous creatures on the planet.

Ok, enough of this. lol

go_anna40
December 13th, 2002, 5:11 am
um, nicely written, i must agree with the Dumbledore part...

and the Wealsly part...um, i think you've summed it all up for me, Machtyn!! ;)

Machtyn
December 13th, 2002, 5:20 am
Okay, after that long epistle, you'd think I was finished. However, I wanted to separate that comment with this discussion on the use of Avada Kedavra ("AK"). I think it's use in book four was enough and it will be used many times in the rest of series. But AK is like a gun. You can't counter the curse and you can't stop a bullet. It's the equalizer and the wimps weapon. Anyone can pull a trigger, and so it seems anyone can perform AK. Not everyone can pull off a proper duel (anyone watch the Highlander tv series? there was some cool dueling (http://www.fencingfootage.com/movies/98MTWCh_02.mov) going on there, real skill... umm, I know, it's tv, use your imagination!)

hpangel102
December 13th, 2002, 11:35 pm
I stand firm with it being the Weasleys.... save it Darlingchild! :p hehehe j/k!!! I know I should just kill off the whole Weasley's shouldn't I?! ;) Nah, I just this it's going to be Arthur, but maybe Ginny or Percy, or Mrs Weasley.....

DarlingChild
December 13th, 2002, 11:37 pm
The evil Weasley killer!!

Ok, sorry.

If its any of the Weasley's I stand firm that it will be Ginny. I just have a feeling about it :p

hpangel102
December 13th, 2002, 11:41 pm
lol.... well I have a feeling about Arthur, but it could be Ginny......

DarlingChild
December 13th, 2002, 11:43 pm
I think Arthur will become the new minister of magic once they get rid of Fudge!! He cant diiiee!! :'(

hpangel102
December 14th, 2002, 12:13 am
Well, eh might become minister of magic and then die! I'm evil... lol! I don't know, I just think he might die or something.

lanifiel
December 14th, 2002, 12:19 am
Jeeez hpangel102, why dont we just kill off all the weasleys in a car accident!?!

:D

hpangel102
December 14th, 2002, 12:32 am
No, it couldn't be a car accident..... it would have to be something more terrifying and exciting.... thanks for the idea though! lol :p

go_anna40
December 14th, 2002, 1:41 am
hehe...i have a feeling that it's Ginny. it's a death that will affect most, and Ginny's been a fan...um...got me thinking...

lanifiel
December 14th, 2002, 1:45 am
I still say we knock off snape, I know hes not a Fan but it would be fun to watch Fuchsia break down...

:devil:

Machtyn
December 14th, 2002, 2:06 am
Well, if it's the Weasley's and it's not by car accident, then it will be some strange virus they contracted from dirty feletones.

10 points to the person who can get that reference, hehe

Xikum
December 14th, 2002, 2:13 am
Too easy. When Weasley said he'd call Harry over summer to invite him to come for the Quidditch Cup.

DarlingChild
December 14th, 2002, 2:13 am
its what ron called the phone!

10 POINTS FOR STACEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, hpangel102 is going to feed arthur lots of mcdonalds so he dies of a heart attack, aren't you? AREN'T YOU?!

Sorry. I still think Ginny will die.

Tomlover17
December 14th, 2002, 2:22 am
nah i still strongly believe that it will be mrs weasley

DarlingChild
December 14th, 2002, 2:23 am
no way. Ginny!

Tomlover17
December 14th, 2002, 2:31 am
why do u think its ginny???! she is supposed to play a bigger role....u cant get a bigger role if ur dead plus i dont thinks she is a big enough character yet

Machtyn
December 14th, 2002, 2:36 am
sorry, guys, not the feletone reference. but the reference (and it's another British author) to dirty telephones that cause a virus outbreak that wipes out an entire world.

10 points still up for grabs :bigtu:

mystically_mad
December 14th, 2002, 2:44 am
Originally posted by lanifiel
I still say we knock off snape, I know hes not a Fan but it would be fun to watch Fuchsia break down...

:devil:
lanni thats not very nice considering you married her and dumblee the other night lol.

you never know, snape might be a fan. i think someone raised the point that he has kept it secret because he wants to keep on the Malfoys good side.poke:

lanifiel
December 14th, 2002, 2:51 am
NEVILLE! :D

mystically_mad
December 14th, 2002, 2:53 am
i dont want neville to die:'( :rasp:
i like him

Ame
December 14th, 2002, 5:52 am
:huh: Um, :youwhat: I think I'll just... uh... :scared:... I still think it's Dumbledore, and I would hate to see Neville go. He's all his grandmother's got.

aconite
December 14th, 2002, 6:00 am
Plot-wise, there are two characters it would make sense for JKR to kill: Dumbledore and Lucius. Dumbledore's death would give Harry the opportunity to step out from under his mentor's shadow and become a real wizard, powerful enough to threaten Voldemort. Lucius's death would both alter the political picture and maybe, just maybe, give Draco the impetus to shift his loyalties slightly.

On the other hand, nearly every time I've thought I knew in advance what was going to happen in an HP book, I've turned out to be wrong. I guess we'll see.

mystically_mad
December 14th, 2002, 6:28 am
and if voldie killed lucius that may make draco go to the good side

lanifiel
December 14th, 2002, 8:36 am
Unless of course Voldemort told Draco his father had gone weak. In whcih case he'd probably applaud the move...

go_anna40
December 14th, 2002, 9:37 am
woo hoo!!

double crossing!!!

maybe, Voldie kills Lucius for some valid reason, tells Draco that a good guy killed him, he'll go mad and anger will build up. he'll go deeper into the dark side of the magic...hehe- Star Wars inspired

i still think it's Ginny.

lanifiel
December 14th, 2002, 10:11 am
Yup, Ginny's high up there on my list as well :D

DarlingChild
December 14th, 2002, 2:42 pm
Ginny all the way!!

min
December 14th, 2002, 4:22 pm
Ginny won't die. She was very near y CS, so i don't belive JK repite this part of the plot. If a Wesly has to die it will be Percy.

Ame
December 14th, 2002, 6:27 pm
*sniff,sniff* Why is everyone trying to kill off a Weasley? :'(

Xikum
December 14th, 2002, 7:39 pm
Just 'cuz there's so many of therm....They're apt wizards, on the side of good, and they seem to nose into into everything, so they're also likely targets...If 1 dies, it is tragic, but there are others still. When you kill off 1 of any of the other families, you've either killed off the family line, or else there's only 1 left.

Just pragmatics, nothing personal. Myself, I don't want to see ANY of them die, they're a cool bunch! Not to mention, when you kill 1, the entire clan is going to come gunning for the culprit. So, likely they will get their target, but more will die trying. And I'd miss Ginny's innocence, the twin's mischeifmaking, Ron's staunch friendship (He faced sacrificing himself on the chessboard, reminded Ginny to make fire (in the book, many other things No Way I'd go into a place with all those spiders running loose!!! ...He's not the wimp the 2nd movie protrays!!) Charlie & his dragons or Bill's coolness. Percy, well, I believe he may get confused for awhile, but he'll pull himself back. He Really loves Ginny!! Mom holds them all together, firmly but tenderly, and Dad is in MoM working discretely to undermine Volde & help gather forces... They're a great crew, I just don't see how they'll all make it through alive.

hpangel102
December 14th, 2002, 8:05 pm
I don't think it's Ginny, but I'm trying to kill off a Weasley, because I'm the infamous Weasley Killer! lol

Darling Child--- nice idea on the McDonalds thing!

draco15139
December 14th, 2002, 10:50 pm
I'm not sure if the 'person' is really a person. In a recent interview with JK that I read, She is quoted as saying "no. Harry will never have a dragon. No matter what Hagrid says, it is impossible to tame a dargon. But Harry will have different pets.' Could she possibly be saying that hedwig is going to die??:'( that would most likely make me cry... That's my perdiction.:clappy: yeah for me!!!

Moonlight
December 14th, 2002, 10:50 pm
hmmmmmmm....
i have lost sooo much interest in this thread! why???because the same thibg is being repeated again and again withought any proof or backup... please peopl! make my stay on the internet interesting and give proof........ Ginny- why ginny, does she owe harry her life etc...
something like that!!!!!!
oh and im not being rude or anythin, i just thought it'd be more useful!!!!!!!

hpangel102
December 14th, 2002, 11:58 pm
well, I dont think Hedwig dieing would be tht big of a deal....

Lavender*Quill--- we are just blurting out ideas and giving responses on who we think is gonna die.... sometimes we give reason, sometimes we dont.... I don't know, its just for fun.....

Ame
December 15th, 2002, 1:43 am
Well, Hedwig dying would be rather tragic if you think about it. She was a birthday present (Probably the first descent present he'd ever gotten). She is the only friend he has while at the Dursley's. She has become an important part of Harry's life. I know if my cat, Ryo, died I'd be just plain heartbroken. So I think it would be important.

The only reason I haven't stated why I think Dumbledore might be the one to die, is becasue I've said it before in other posts on this thread. But I'll say it again. I noticed near the end of GOF mentionings of Dumbledore looking "older" and "weary" were repeated. I believe this may give some clue. Perhaps he'll pass on of natural causes. Also it would force Harry into truly looking at what death means, something that the next book will come to mention.

But I am truly against the idea of a Weasley dying. Aside from the fact that I love all the Weasleys (even Percy), I don't think it would have the right effect on Harry. Sure he'll be a bit saddened, but Ron would go through complete and total devastation. The focus is Harry.

Also, Dumbledore does fit the criteria (I don't think I need to restate it) mentioned for the one who will die.

As soon as I find my copy of GOF, I'll point out percisely where it is mentioned that DD is older and weary.

aconite
December 15th, 2002, 2:22 am
It's the scene with the pensieve in Dumbledore's office.

"... it struck Harry suddenly how very old he was looking. He knew, of course, that Dumbledore was getting on in years, but somehow he never really thought of Dumbledore as an old man."

I think there may have been even another reference to Dumbledore's age elsewhere, but I can't remember where.

hpangel102
December 15th, 2002, 2:44 am
Maybe Dumbledore will die but.... I think it's a Weasley.... there isn't 2 deaths is there?

DarlingChild
December 15th, 2002, 3:03 am
Ok here is why I think it will be Ginny (Lavender*Quill, if you'd go back a few pages, you'll see that I've posted my evidence proficient times, but if you require it again, I would be happy to do so :D):

1. It will be a fan of Harry's -- Well, DUH, Ginny is practically in love with Harry.
2. Harry will have to deal with death on a more personal level -- What could be more personal than your best friend's little sister dying...a little sister who you're just starting to 'get to know.'
3. Ginny will have a bigger role in the next book -- What could possibly be a bigger role than her death? She owes Harry her life...had he not saved her from the CoS, she would be dead. There's the little 'wizard bond' thing that occurs when a wizard saves another wizard (or, in her case, witch). Perhaps this bond is what causes her to 'defend' Harry or something, and in turn, she dies to save him *shrugs*

There was more...you can go back and look if you like :D

However, there is only one thing that I can find to contradict my 'theory:' The possibility of a Harry/Ginny relationship. I kind of have a feeling about it (as I've read some very convincing essays), but I also have a feeling about Ginny's death. Right now, my opinion of who will die is rather...up in the air ;D

hpangel -- there was more than one death in book 4 :smile: You Weasley killer, you...;D

Snitch17
December 15th, 2002, 4:35 am
Well... Percy might get power-hungry. Then, he joins Voldemort and gets himself killed by either a Minestry official, Voldemort, or, all the power drives him mad and he Avada Kadavas himself because he's insane. And he doesn't go to Heaven but::devil:

Winkey cries herself to death:'( over Mr. Crouch and Dobby gets the freedom thing into his head (a litte bit provoked by Hermione) and starts a House-elf rebel against him, which kills him. (I hope Dobby doesn't die though, just pointing out a possibility)

I've got it!!! Personal scale.... Who, besides his friends, does Harry love most?--------Sirius!(:'( :'( :'( Noooooo!!!! Please don't go, Sirius! :'( :'( :'( )

Xikum
December 15th, 2002, 5:07 am
Dobby is a good candidate also. I like him,tho & think he would be really useful as an elf messenger. Since he is a free elf, he could carry DD's messages from house to house, seeming as though he's looking for work.
But I think there's something re: Harry making him promise not to try to save his life again...that Dobby will, & die because of some wierd magical clause about elves breaking an oath to a wizard, or just in the act of defending Harry from the wizard....

Snitch17
December 15th, 2002, 5:25 am
Wormtail. Voldemort Avada Kadava's Harry and Wormtail sacrifices himself. This sort of goes with my previous post about Sirius. With no more evidence, Sirius gets caught by the dementors.

Why does Wormtail sacrifice? Two words---Wizard's debt.

Xikum
December 15th, 2002, 5:44 am
Except that we know that he's already doing these terrible things just to stay alive!! He's betrayed his friends to death and to Azkaben, who themselves would've died for him, just because he figured he'd get a better deal from the other side, or wanted to save his own skin...by his own admission! He'd really have to have some kind of epiphany to grow a spine at this late date!! Yet, possible, since we got that hint about the life debt. I think he's likely to kill Lupin, sirver hand vs. werewolf...or vise versa, since both serius & Lupin swore to kill Wormtail if he did escape, instead of turning himself in. Harry agreed to it, & he know that, too.

Serious: Yup! That one haunts me, but I sure hope it won't happen, that he'll be cleared and do such things in the 2nd round against Voldie that he is a major hero & maybe even goes on to become Hogwarts headmaster!! That would be my dream. However, as it stands, I think your scenario is just as likely, maybe moreso.

Moonlight
December 15th, 2002, 10:41 am
:'( sorry i was just saying.................
excuse me whilst i go look for my brain.

hpangel102
December 15th, 2002, 3:09 pm
Originally posted by DarlingChild
Ok here is why I think it will be Ginny (Lavender*Quill, if you'd go back a few pages, you'll see that I've posted my evidence proficient times, but if you require it again, I would be happy to do so :D):

1. It will be a fan of Harry's -- Well, DUH, Ginny is practically in love with Harry.
2. Harry will have to deal with death on a more personal level -- What could be more personal than your best friend's little sister dying...a little sister who you're just starting to 'get to know.'
3. Ginny will have a bigger role in the next book -- What could possibly be a bigger role than her death? She owes Harry her life...had he not saved her from the CoS, she would be dead. There's the little 'wizard bond' thing that occurs when a wizard saves another wizard (or, in her case, witch). Perhaps this bond is what causes her to 'defend' Harry or something, and in turn, she dies to save him *shrugs*

There was more...you can go back and look if you like :D

However, there is only one thing that I can find to contradict my 'theory:' The possibility of a Harry/Ginny relationship. I kind of have a feeling about it (as I've read some very convincing essays), but I also have a feeling about Ginny's death. Right now, my opinion of who will die is rather...up in the air ;D

hpangel -- there was more than one death in book 4 :smile: You Weasley killer, you...;D

who's the Weasley killer now?! :p

DarlingChild
December 15th, 2002, 3:28 pm
Nuh uh!! I just think it'll be Ginny! You come up with a different Weasley to kill...every second! lol :rasp:

hpangel102
December 15th, 2002, 3:35 pm
Well just because I have thought it might be Mr. Weasley, Mrs. Weasley, Percy, one of the twins, or bill or charlie, doesn't say anything! I'm no Weasley killer.... :rolleyes: :whistle:

MWPPforever
December 15th, 2002, 4:25 pm
Well.. i reckon (or hope) That it will be Colin Creevey! He annoying!

but really, I reckon some candidates will be Sirius, Lupin, Cho, Dumbledore or Peter ( he owes harry a life debt thing?)

hpangel102
December 15th, 2002, 5:36 pm
Well, I don't think it will be Colin, he already came close to dieing, it won't be Sirius or Cho, because Cho has already lost someone, it won't be her, and it won't be Sirius because Harry already lost 1 fatherly figure, it might be Dumbledore, that would be hard to write, and I don't know about Peter, because I don't think he would be that hard to kill off..... (IMO)

lanifiel
December 15th, 2002, 7:15 pm
hpangel102 wants to knock off the entire Weasley cast with a rampaging mythical beast :D

Moonlight
December 15th, 2002, 7:36 pm
what if we make a list of all the people really close to harry who could and have a reason to die...
mr weasley- is a muggle lover
mrs weasley, the 'motherly' figure- don't know yet
weasley twin- too boistrous for their own good
ginny- don't know yet
cho chang- revenge on harry
sirius- kiled during attack
hagrid- killed in giant's mission
lupin- pettigrews silver hand?
any one else?

apples
December 15th, 2002, 7:39 pm
- Dumbledore: He'll be protecting Harry or maybe he'll just get captured.

How about a pet?

- Fawkes
- Hedwig
- Buckbeak

Moonlight
December 15th, 2002, 8:35 pm
yup apples:)
Hedwig- because harry get's a new pet as stated by jk herself

Ame
December 15th, 2002, 9:00 pm
Yeah, Hedwig might be a possiblity.

Happy, Happy Birthday Lavender!!!! :birthday:

Xikum
December 15th, 2002, 9:08 pm
I think the 'new pet' is Fawkes, when DD dies. Which I would be pleased if we never actually saw happen....tho' I think it'll come to pass in V6. She said he'd get 'other pets', not that it would necessarily Have to be in V5!

Still Seriously Disturbed at the thought of Sirius getting dementored or otherwise killed! &/or Lupin being defeated by that creeping pest Wormtail! I Really don't want either to happen!! D'ya think that just because it seems so predictable, Maybe, she'll let us & them off the hook & Not take them out? TO avoid 'predictability?

My 'vote', sadly, is still for Hagrid. It would be so hard for Harry, as he's almost been a father figure. He's have to face a lot of issues, not only the terrible loss, but his reaction to whomever did it, & what type of person he would become----Not become as bad as the one he fights, because then the dark side would have won!
I can 'hope' it's Colin Creevy or his brother. Maybe killed when one of them gets in the way, or finds out about a plan to get Harry...they kill him to prevent him from warning HP.

Lavender, is it really? Well, COngratulations! May I ask, how old?
:clappy: :birthday:

Moonlight
December 15th, 2002, 9:10 pm
thanks Ame :o
hmmmm could be fawkes or anyother pheonix.

MioneandRon4ever
December 16th, 2002, 1:44 am
I also strongly believe that Hagrid will die :'( , he is Harry's biggest fan since Harry was a baby and now. Hagrid has never stopped believing in Harry. I doubt that it will be Colin as he isn't such a main character and I feel J.K will want to make sure we know that no one is safe. It's easy to kill the background characters but J.K doesn't do easy, so this character will be a main one.

I also doubt it will be Percy, at least not in this book he is still sort off a backgroung character even if he is a Weasley, plus we wouldn't miss him much. I also think that if it is another Weasley then this will change the next books dramatically.

The Weasleys are a loveable family and although J.K never does anything easy it will be hard for her to destroy this family by killing one of them.

I also wanted to say that I doubt that the death will be due to someone else, I feel it will be simply an accident. This will bring more meaning to death and open their eyes more.

They have seen death at the hands of Voldermort, but when there is no one to blame it is almost more difficult. Harry gets revenge for his parents by fighting their murderer, but to lose someone with no explanation, will make them grow up more.

They will have to face that death happens, instead of simply blaming other people, they will need answers as to why even the good die.

J.K has talked about wanting to make Harry explore death and what it means. I feel that Harry hasn't grieved for his parents and this death may help him do so.

However the character dies it will leave a strain on their friendship, as they realise that this person is more than likely the first of many to die.

If Ron dies so will I :'(

Thanks.

DarlingChild
December 16th, 2002, 2:04 am
Awww I don't want Hedwig to die! I like Hedwig! Did she say Hedwig was going to die? Harry could have more than one pet :rasp:

hpangel102
December 16th, 2002, 3:25 am
I don't want Hedwig to die!!! NOOO! Its those darn Weasleys that need to go..... hehe! ;)

apples
December 16th, 2002, 3:32 am
hpangel can't wait for a Weasley to snuff it! Doom on you!!! :lol: You'd rather save Hedwig than Ron...

:D

Xikum
December 16th, 2002, 4:14 am
MR4---
An accident? That's one I hadn't heard of! AND it would bring about some real soul-searching!

I don't think that the owl has to die for Harry to get another pet...JKR did say that he'd have more than 1 pet. Now, that could be sequentially, OR it could as easily be simultaneously!

Re'em_Herder
December 16th, 2002, 5:07 am
Anyone except for Hagrid, Sirius, Lupin or Charlie. If one of them dies (especially Hagrid) then I will first be :'( :'( then I will be :banghead: :banghead: then I will be :grumble: Stupid JKR...
If Percy dies I will be :elaugh: :clappy:

go_anna40
December 16th, 2002, 5:11 am
you're evil!! Percy can't die- well, maybe. but it definately can't be Harry, Hermione or Ron. but Lupin- err, he's cool, but we should actually suspect everyone.

hey, what if Voldie is the one who dies?? hehe...that'll be funny.

Xikum
December 16th, 2002, 7:18 am
Can't be, at least not 'permanently', yet. 'Cuz JKR spoke of Ron & Harry fighting him in V6 in an interview on the Biography channel.

Finch
December 16th, 2002, 4:05 pm
would they let him keep a big black dig in the castle? boy, malfoy would take his "special permission from dumbeldor" complaints to the ministry if that happened! ;D I can just see it..... ok, we're off the subject.

the only reason i could see for JKR to kill molly would be for harry to get closer to Ginny. that would be a little off though. and WRONG!!!! :angry: gee..... amybe theyll kill mr.weasly.... boy now im sounding like i want all the weaslys dead to. :td::rasp: ITS NOT TRUE!!!!

DarlingChild
December 16th, 2002, 7:50 pm
Sorry hpangel...I turned this thread against you :D

You have to admit though, wishing Ron/another Weasley dies instead of Hedwig is pretty sad, lol.

huffellpuff
December 16th, 2002, 8:45 pm
ok - we know that JKR said that one of Harry's "fans" will die. So here' s my list:
Hagrid (this is based on Robbie Coltrane not saying he was signing up for the rest of the movies - maybe Hagrid does die - maybe the Giants kill him!)
One of the Weasleys - but not Ron, maybe Ginny? Maybe one of the twins?
Lavendar Brown - someone posted this is another thread - not sure how plausible. Plus is Lavendar a "fan" of Harry?
However, I'm willing to bet money on Dobby - he truly is a Harry fan. Plus he is slowly building up many enemies - the Malfoys, the other elves resent him. I think Dobby will be the one to die.

Ame
December 16th, 2002, 9:28 pm
Just please, please, please, not a Weasley! I love the Weasley's so much. Ron's a lead character, the twins are a team, Ginny is the sweet one, Percy is so serious it's hilarious, Bill and Charlie are the cool older brothers, Molly is like a mom to Harry, and Arthur.... well he collects plugs!!! You can't get rid of him. We need Plugs!!! Plugs are a good thing! Plus, he's a great contrast to Molly. Molly is the stern one, Arthur is a lot more light hearted. Molly punishes the children, Arthur makes being grounded fun. Arthur and Molly are so sweet together, and then the kids.... please not a Weasley!

Hagrid still serves a purpose. He and the whole rallying the giants against Voldemort... I doubt it's Hagrid.

No I think it is someone whose served their purpose, or may not have much of a role anymore. Not to mention they care about Harry, and of course all the other hints JKR told. My suspicions are with Dumbledore... or maybe Hedwig. But definetely Dumbledore.

lj
December 17th, 2002, 12:18 am
Well i'm putting down my theory starting with elimination: i don't think Ron or Hermione will die at all - not his closest friends. Sirius is too important now to die, not just to Harry, but to the story - and i think we can safely say not everyone loves Sirius?? There are only 4 people who want him alive! Similar with Remus. i'm definately ruling out Colin Creevey, he's not loved by everyone and the only impact on Harry would not having someone run after him day and night. Hagrid may die, but i mean, not everyone loves him either, nice as he is.
My definate suspect is Dumbledore - take it all into account: he's a fan of Harry's, will deeply affect him, and is loved by everyone. Do you think this theory sounds possible?

lanifiel
December 17th, 2002, 1:37 am
No! I think it would be better of the Dursleys liked the Big Black Dog and they adopted it!! That would rock!!

On another note, my new theory is that Cho will be the one to bite the dust...

hpangel102
December 17th, 2002, 1:59 am
That's ok Darlingchild that everyone on this forum has learned to know me as the Weasley killer..... lol! :p

That would be cute if the Dursleys wanted to adopt Sirius!

I don't think it will be Cho... because her boyfriend already died, I don't think she will yet.

lanifiel
December 17th, 2002, 2:02 am
How deep was the realtionship between Cedric and Cho? Deep enough that she might consider sacrificing herself to save Harry in order to be with him again? I think its a possibility...

apples
December 17th, 2002, 2:05 am
If the Dursley's adopt Sirius, I hope he bites Dudley! :lol:

I'm not too sure about Cho... But then again, I could see it happening in upcoming books, just not Book 5.

Re'em_Herder
December 17th, 2002, 2:06 am
I don't think it was THAT deep, even if she was crying at the end of GoF. If she wants to be with him again, she can go to the graveyard...

hpangel102
December 17th, 2002, 2:37 am
Originally posted by apples
If the Dursley's adopt Sirius, I hope he bites Dudley! :lol:

I'm not too sure about Cho... But then again, I could see it happening in upcoming books, just not Book 5.

I agree with both the Dudley getting bitten, and the whole Cho thing. It's just not right for book 5...... I keep my eye on someone else......... :evil:

hpangel102
December 17th, 2002, 2:46 am
No actually I haven't seen the commercial, but thats ok! Yep that's right, my eyes are on one of the Weasleys....

Mr. Weasley- fan of Harry's and muggles, character that would cause great devistation, and would be hard to write about

Mrs. Weasley- fan of Harry's, been in all books, and also a character that would cause great devistation if she died

Percy- Might be one that dies, however I don't see him as being too hard to write

Same with Bill or Charlie

It won't be Ron or Ginny....

Did I miss anyone? lol

DarlingChild
December 17th, 2002, 2:47 am
Ummm what about their owls?! Errol and Hermes. Can't forget to kill them too :D

hpangel102
December 17th, 2002, 2:49 am
Yea, after all, they are Weasleys.... :evil: :elaugh: but you can't forget about Pig either (Ron's owl as of book 3)

hpangel102
December 17th, 2002, 2:53 am
I don't expect the whole Weasley family to die, just enough of them to make the story twisted.................

I have an idea! Some people have said that they think Ron will go over to the bad side, well what if You-know-who kills someone in the Weasley family, and then Ron goes out to try and seek revenge, but ends up switching sides?! hehehe I just got myself a new fanfic..... ;)

go_anna40
December 17th, 2002, 3:54 am
lol.

well, Ginny is still my strongest suspect. she was close to death in COS, why can't she be in Order of Phoenix?

lanifiel
December 17th, 2002, 3:55 am
Becasue she already nearly died and thus it would be a shock! But wait That would be a shock and so it might be possible! :D

Ame
December 17th, 2002, 5:41 am
:sigh: It can't be a Weasley:

Ron - a lead character

Ginny - is too innocent, plus she had COS

The Twins - they're a team, one w/o the other is just worng.

Percy - so serious, he's hilarious

Bill & Charlie - the cool older brothers

Molly - she's like a mother to everyone

Arthur - The plugs, man, the plugs. He collects the plugs!! Plugs are a good thing!!! We need plugs!!! Say yes to the Plugs!!

See... so it couldn't possibly be a Weasley... :p

Ash_Key
December 17th, 2002, 10:16 am
Hmm... probably Dumbledore or Hagrid. Anyone but the Weasleys... except Ginny, though.

go_anna40
December 17th, 2002, 10:20 am
Ginny...Ginny...why not her? she did get close to death ic COS, it could be her again.

i doubt Dumbledore, coz my prediction:
if DD dies, Voldemort will come back to power (Voldie is scared of DD, and since DD is not there, voila, no person to be scared of, and there's a straight road to power). when Voldie is back to power, the next books will be dedicated for uprising, not very interesing...so- no, DD can not die...according to my opinion.

Picko
December 17th, 2002, 1:26 pm
Well I think Dumbledore has to die. The whole wizarding world feels safe because Voldemort is reportedly scared of Dumbledore, if Dumbledore dies though the wizarding world is thrown into complete chaos. Dumbledore will die, its only a matter of when.

dantares
December 17th, 2002, 5:15 pm
I putting my bet on

1) Hagrid, there must be something about the hero thingy at the end of the 2nd movie. Most people do not like him. Why would all of a sudden the whole group started clapping for him? This must be a signal.
2) Dobby, for he is one huge fan of Harry.

MioneandRon4ever
December 17th, 2002, 8:33 pm
Well I already posted my theory of it being Hagrid, but due to my denial I came up with............................ ONE OF THE DURSLEY'S, yep I think J.K was being sarcastic when she said it was a fan of Harry :rolleyes:

She has also said we will learn something unexpected about the Dursleys, what if Petunia is really one of the things that helps keep Harry safe :clappy:

OK OK I know not very plausible but I love all the others too much for it too be them plus i'm starting to get convinced that Molly Weasley will die and that will make Ginny a stronger character all round :'(

Me not want that to happen :angry: EVER.

DarlingChild
December 17th, 2002, 8:47 pm
YAY for everyone who thinks its Ginny! Just because she came close to death on CoS, doesn't mean she can't die. Lots of people have had near death experiences and they die eventually :smile:

Plus, all you 'Ginny-death-deniers' don't expect her die, since she already had a brush with death, therefore, if she WOULD die, it would be a complete and total shock :D

MioneandRon4ever
December 17th, 2002, 9:21 pm
I think Ginny will be an obvious choice thats why it wont happen plus I think Harry will be with Ginny in future books :whistle: not to sure about that one.

No I know it will be Snape he is Harry's biggest fan plus everyone likes him, they would all miss him dearly. :rolleyes:

I doubt it will be as obvious as Hagrid or Ginny or a Weasley as J.K never does simple :clappy: thank god or her books would suck :angel:

hpangel102
December 17th, 2002, 9:49 pm
Originally posted by go_anna40
lol.

well, Ginny is still my strongest suspect. she was close to death in COS, why can't she be in Order of Phoenix?

That's exactly why, because she was close to death in the CoS..... we need someone new to snuff it.

MioneandRon4ever
December 17th, 2002, 10:26 pm
Yay my thoughts exactly Ginny has been there and done that I still say it's Snape .................................poor guy we will miss him dearly :rolleyes:

hpangel102
December 17th, 2002, 10:40 pm
I don't think J.K. would kill off Snape... he is too good to the books, and shows conflict between teacher and character.

Ashkins
December 17th, 2002, 11:05 pm
There is already a hint that Snape will die ... In GoF when Vold is going through his list of peons he mentions one that has left and is gone forever and he will die.

I hope its not Snape.. though not my favorite character ..

SaRaH 23 HP
December 17th, 2002, 11:19 pm
i think tat Hagrid will die....personally cuz.... in an interview on Rosie Odonall the asked Richard Harris(dumbledore) if he was signed up for all seven books he said YES then she askedRobbie Coltrane(Hagrid) if he was and he said: SORTUV....wt do u pppl thionk??

DarlingChild
December 18th, 2002, 12:51 am
I dunno, I can't see Snape being killed off. He IS too important to the books. Plus, he has a secret new mission that could possibly be valuable. He CAN'T die :D Not yet, at least.

SeniorFishy
December 18th, 2002, 1:28 am
Its not going to be Dumbledore.

lanifiel
December 18th, 2002, 1:41 am
Do you think it will be a 'death' or do you think it will be a 'seems dead only to come back in a later book' thing?

apples
December 18th, 2002, 4:58 am
I dunno, I can't see Snape being killed off. He IS too important to the books. Plus, he has a secret new mission that could possibly be valuable. He CAN'T die :D Not yet, at least.
We know he'll be around until Book 7. Didn't J.K. say something about him falling in love in the 7th book? And I agree that he's too important to be killed off right now. I can't wait to learn more about him! He's such a complex person.

go_anna40
December 18th, 2002, 5:00 am
Do you think it will be a 'death' or do you think it will be a 'seems dead only to come back in a later book' thing?

no...not another LOTR take off..had too many of those...

apples
December 18th, 2002, 5:12 am
I hope that it isn't a faked death. :( We've already had that happen! I think it'll be a real one this time because J.K. said it would be hard for her to write it. I just hope it's not someone like Neville!

go_anna40
December 18th, 2002, 5:14 am
yeah, someone we feel sorry for!! such as neville...or Ginny...

apples
December 18th, 2002, 5:33 am
They're both so sweet and innocent. If either of them die I'll be most upset!
*suddenly hears the haunting words of the cenaturs*
"It's always the innocent that die first..."

Autumn
December 18th, 2002, 6:15 am
I think that it's going to be Hagrid, too. Supposed to be one of Harry's "fans", but Colin Creevey would be too obvious, and he isn't a main character. It's not Ron or Hermione... who does that leave that is a Harry fan? Hagrid and Mrs. Weasley. I don't want to see either die, but Mrs. Weasley dying would just crush me.

apples
December 18th, 2002, 7:49 am
I think "fan" is a strange word to describe the person who'll die. I wonder if J.K. did that to throw us off? Because there are only 3 "fans" I can think of, and that's Colin, his brother Denis, and Ginny. I wonder if the word fan could be replaced by different word like friend...

SeekerHarry
December 18th, 2002, 8:08 am
I'm really surprised that no one has really mentioned McGonagall. She's a fan of Harry's right? As much as a teacher can be I guess. She's a main character, and has been there since the beginning. Perhaps she's the one that bites the dust? Just a thought.

I just think that it could be anyone. No one is safe with Voldemort back, it could be any one of the main characters, save Harry himself. At least, not until the very end, if at all.

BTW, this is my first post here!! Yea! :)

SaRaH 23 HP
December 18th, 2002, 8:10 am
lol gud for u! but i dont think tat McGonagall will die....

mystically_mad
December 18th, 2002, 8:54 am

nah that would be too much like lotr

go_anna40
December 18th, 2002, 9:37 am
hey, what if JK is leading us to believe that the person who will die is a "fan"...um...what if Snape dies- it'll be a shock, we wouldn't expect it coz she said it would be a "fan"...

DarlingChild
December 18th, 2002, 7:53 pm
Snape won't die. At least not until book 7. His 'mission' or whatever may be really important! He can't die. YET :D

*feels like a broken record*

MioneandRon4ever
December 18th, 2002, 11:01 pm
Hey great minds think alike I already posted that theory :D
I won't hate you for not reading it first :'(

I think everyone is reading too much into the word "fan" everyone who likes Harry can be classed as a fan :clappy: so that leaves alot of people. :( ones which I would hate to see die.

I also think killing Snape off would not be plausible to us but that's a good reason why it could happen :p not that I want it to I think he is great :rolleyes: then again I love anything in Harry Potter :crush:

lanifiel
December 18th, 2002, 11:11 pm
Oh no!! I'm a fan of Harry!! I've been here since the First book!!

ITS ME!! ARGH JKR IS GOING TO KILL ME OFF!!

*runs around flailing his arms around*

Noooooo!

*Charmed Child*
December 18th, 2002, 11:13 pm
Lanifiel.. now that was funny... :rotfl: But now, seriously
:'(
I'm guessing that Mrs. Weasley will die...
I think that because she means a lot (well, maybe not a lot, but she means something) to Harry. And JKR said that Ginny will have more of a role in the 5th book. Since JKR's mother died when she was a kid, she maybe could describe Ginny's feelings exactly the same as her own, when her mother died. And Mrs. Weasley is much like a mother to Harry.
And then Harry could, like, notice her or something and support her and Ron...
Well... JKR is unpredictable, so this is nothing but a mere guess...

*Charmed Child*
December 19th, 2002, 12:57 am
Also found at MuggleNet.com:

Book Five Theories

If you have any theories/rumors to submit, send them to books@mugglenet.com. Thank you.

Note: Many of these rumors and facts about book five are discussed on MuggleNet's CoS Forums. So come on down an participate in some interesting HP discussions.

The "Horrible to Write" Death of Book 5

Hagrid? J.K. Rowling said that one of Harry's "fans" would die AND, during Harry Potter Hour on the Rosie O'Donnell show Rosie asked Richard Harris (Dumbledore) if he was signed up for all seven movies and he said yes, when she asked Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid) he replied, "sort of". That leads me to believe that Hagrid might get the axe in book five. -Submitted by Weston
What about Colin Creevey? I'm sure when JKR said that it would be one of Harry's "fans" the name that popped in to most of your heads is Colin Creevy. However, Harry never had a very close relationship to Colin; he was never a major character and if he died it would be like Cedric, nothing more.
Ginny is also a fan of Harry's and definitely would be a horrible death to write, but other then that there aren't really any supporting facts that Ginny might die. She's already had one brush with death, and, like Colin, she seems like too obvious of a choice. JKR likes to suprise us.
Submitted by KT:
I believe the one to get the "axe" in book 5 will be none other than Mrs. Weasley. Let's face it, she's become Harry's surrogate mother, and is definately a "fan." On an episode of "Biography" featuring J.K. Rowling, she specifically stated that one event in her own personal life that significantly changed the overall plot of the books was her own mother's death. It makes sense. If Mrs. Weasly died J.K. would in fact be writing the death of her own mother for the world, hence it being "horrible to write." Ginny would be like Rowling -- a girl growing up without a mother. This would set her up to be a strong female role and might help Harry to "notice" Ginny for the first time.

If anybody has any proof supporting either of these theories or would like to suggest an entirely new character, please don't hesitate to send it in!

The Heir of Godric Gryffindor
Harry could be the heir of Godric Gryffindor. Here's why this is possible:

When Harry finally finds the right wand for him at Ollivander's, the wand emits red and gold sparks - Gryffindor colors!

We know that Harry's parents lived at Godric's Hollow. Godric who? Godric Gryffindor of course!
Near the end of book 2, when Harry pulls the sword out of the sorting hat, it had the words "Godric Gryffindor" engraved on the handle. Later on, Dumbledore says to Harry, "Only a true Gryffindor could have done that."
Harry's birthday is July 31st, which falls under astrological sign of Leo the Lion. The Lion is the Gryffindor house mascot.
Follow up from H.C. Paes:

"Why did Voldemort try to kill Harry originally, even though it was not of utmost importance to kill Lilly Potter? Perhaps Voldemort feared that Harry could turn into a dangerous obstacle to his ascension to power.
Nonetheless, I have some counter-arguments to this theory, which might well find a plausible explanation in the near future. If Harry is Gryffindor's descendant, so is one of his parents (most likely his father, as Lily Potter is of muggle descendancy). James Potter was an adult wizard of great skill. If the simple fact of being the heir of Gryffindor had conferred some sort of protection against the heir of Slytherin to him, why wouldn't James Potter have managed to combat and even defeat Lord Voldemort? We have seen that Ms. Rowling doesn't like the idea of inherited skills: a wizard is what he chooses to be, not what he is destined to be, as noted in the Sorting Hat ceremony.

The theory could gain in strength if we assumed that the sole fact of being the heir doesn't account for the capability of defeating Voldemort, but represents some sort of predisposition which must be developed. Alternatively, the heir of Slytherin could be destroyed by the cooperation of the other three heirs, Griffyndor, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. Or perhaps I'm only seeing things and the Voldemort's intention of killing Harry had other reasons.

The new place Harry will visit
JKR said in an online chat that Harry would visit a new place he'd never been before. Here are some possibilites:
Ministry of Magic
Azkaban
Godric's Hollow (where Harry's parents lived)
Malfoy Manor
Beauxbatons
Durmstrang
We don't currently have any good theories on this subject, so if you have one, do send it in!

Lily Potter - Crookshanks?
Voldemort had no intention to kill Lily Potter, right? Maybe there is something we don't know about the two (maybe they are related, maybe Lily was a death eater, who knows?). We also know that Lily has Green eyes (like Harry), and reddish-ginger hair - JUST like Crookshanks does! I think Lily is an animagus, and either Voldemort let her change, or she did it to run away, it all makes sense. J.K. could've picked any look for Crookshanks, but it was green eyes and ginger hair. Isn't that an interesting coincidence?
To further back this up supposedly something huge will be revealed about Lily Potter AND Crookshanks will appear in the next book(s). -Submitted by Emily

Follow up from Tincerbell:

Here's why Lily Potter cannot be Crookshanks:
1) "...Wide yellow eyes glinting in the darkness Crookshanks." Crookshanks has yellow eyes, not green eyes.
2) J.K. Rowling had stated in an online chat that we would never see a live Lily and James Potter.
3) Crookshanks is a MALE.

The New Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher
-Arabella Figg might be the new DADA (Defense Against the Dark Arts) teacher. J.K. Rowling said that we would "learn all about her in book five" and that she would "play more of a role in book five". JKR also said that there would be a female DADA teacher.
-At the end of book four Fleur Delacour said to Harry that she would try to get a job at Hogwarts (to improve her English)...could she be the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher? Or maybe the position as another Hogwarts teacher (or helper?). (Note from Emerson: I would put my money on Arabella Figg as the new DADA teacher, it just makes more sense.)

Hagrid's Journey
Hagrid and Madame Maxime go on a mission to convert the giants from the mountains to be on Dumbledore's side before Voldemort does. The giants will play a pivotal role in book 5.

Snape's Mission
At the end of book four Dumbledore said some mighty suspicious things to Snape. From the looks of things Snape might go back to Voldemort as a spy for Dumbledore. The question we need to ask is, would Voldemort would fall for that? No, he's too smart. He would torture Snape and kill him. So what IS Snape doing?
Follow up from Rhaven:

Obviously Voldemort won't take him back, that would be pretty stupid. I think that he is going to try to get as many Death Eaters as possible to abandon Voldemort and either fight against him, or turn into spies for Dumbledore.

The Order of the Phoenix
Near the end of book four, when Dumbledore tells Sirius to rouse up "Mundungus Fletcher, Arabella Figg...the old crowd." I, Emerson, believe that the "old crowd" Dumbledore is referring to is a group of powerful wizards that was formed during Voldemort's previous reign of terror - the Order of the Phoenix.
Marc sent in his reasons for believing that the Order of the Phoenix is not a pre-existing group, and will be founded early in book 5:

"I think the Order will be a select group of wizards, who form the Order of the Phoenix to fight Voldemort. It's probably not an existing Order, because in chapter four of book one, the letter from Hogwarts states: "Headmaster: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)" It could be a secret order though, for emergencies, like in this case."
So here are a few characters who could be members of the order:

Mundungus Fletcher
Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody
Arabella Figg
Albus Dumbledore
Sirius Black
Remus Lupin
Severus Snape
Minerva McGonagall (less probable, as near the end of book 4 when Dumbledore was ordering people around she, unlike Snape and Sirius, looked to be completely in the dark.)
Marc sent in a couple reasons arguing why he believes that Dumbledore is the head of this order:

He is the only one Voldemort has ever feared.
He's headmaster of Hogwarts, and Hogwarts is easily one of, if not THE safest place in the wizarding world.
Many people think Dumbledore is the greatest wizard who ever lived.
He gives the order to gather "the old crowd".
The phoenix in "The Order of the PHOENIX" could be Fawkes, Dumbledores pet, and he could have been chosen to be presented in the name, because "The Order of the Phoenix" just sounds better than "The Order of Dumbledore" or something like that. The Order of Dumbledore" sounds more like some title given to wizards who have done great things after Dumbledore has died (that's just an example, there's no reason to assume that Dumbledore will die and there will be an Order of Dumbledore in future books!). It also could have a more symbolic meaning like Fawkes (or any other phoenix) representing a new beginning, because phoenixes lose their feathers and then get them back again.
Kukalakuk adds:

It is highly possible that Dumbledore created the "Order of the Phoenix," a group formed to defeat Voldemort. If Dumbledore did start this group, the name would somehow be tied to him. I have reason to believe that the "phoenix" in the group's name means Dumbledore. In other words, Dumbledore as an animagus is a phoenix. Some probable proof? Mcgonagall is now the transfiguration teacher. She is an animagus. Dumbledore was the transfiguration teacher, therefore giving reason to think that he could be an animagus too. Also, it's quite obvious that phoenixes are strong against serpents because of the scene in Book 2 when Fawkes, the Phoenix, helped Harry defeat the Basilisk. The serpent in this case being Voldermort who is often associated with serpents. And as Dumbledore representing the Phoenix, everyone says Dumbledore was the only person Voldemort was ever afraid of!
Mrs. Figg
There were several mentions of Mrs. Figg in Goblet of Fire. One of them was that the tent that Harry and the Weasley's stayed in at the Quiddith World Cup was furnished in the same way as Mrs. Figg's house. Another mention is when Dumbledore tells Sirius to "round up the old gang" such as Lupin, Mundungus Fletcher, and Arabella Figg.
When Dudley is going to the zoo in Book 1, Mrs. Figg breaks her leg so Harry must go with the Dursley's. It is then that he talks to the snake, and makes the glass vanish. That is the first sign that we know he is a wizard. Is Mrs. Figg that breaks her leg the same Mrs. Arabella Figg Dumbledore mentions near the end of book 4? It is very much like Rowling to foreshadow in her series, such as the mention of Sirius Black in Book 1.

So, after reading so many theories and reading the parts Mrs. Figg was mentioned so many times, I have come to a conclusion that Mrs. Figg is a witch sent by Dumbledore to protect Harry in the Muggle world. After all, is it really Dumbledore-like to send Harry into the Muggle world? Harry would be one of the most famous wizards in history, and no Muggle knows that. So couldn't a Voldemort supporter come up to Harry on the street in the Muggle world and try to kill him? That is why Dumbledore must have sent someone to guard him, and that someone is Arabella Figg. I believe we will be hearing more from Mrs. Figg in Book 5 and the rest of the series, as she, like Dumbledore, Lupin, and Black, will probably be part of "The Order of the Phoenix." -Submitted by Ben

Follow up from Emerson:
I agree with Ben here, BUT, I think that Arabella Figg alone is not enough protection for Harry as Dumbledore states in one of the book that Harry is protected on Privet Drive by "ancient magic".

Voldemort's Reason for Wanting to Kill Harry
Maybe, years ago, Voldemort heard from fortune-tellers rumors of a "prophecy" that would be his downfall, and Harry's name came up somehow. Voldemort probably didn't want to take any chances, so he went to Godric's Hollow to kill him.

The New Gryffindor Quidditch Captain
Harry will be the new Gryffindor Quidditch Team captain. Wood is no longer there and Harry is the only true leader among the rest of the team. He will be in his 5th year, the same age Wood was when he was captain.

The Wand Core Theorum
Supposedly no one knows why You-Know-You couldn't kill Harry; well, if you read book 4 carefully, when Dumbledore was explaining to Sirius about Priori Incantatum, Dumbledore says that when two "brother" wands meet they will not function properly against each other, like You-Know-Who and Harry when they dueled. Well, the wand chooses the wizard, so Harry was destined for the wand with You-Know-You's same pheonix feather, so You-Know-Who's curse wouldn't function properly, just like Priori Incantatum, except Harry didn't have a wand, so the curse would backfire instead of bringing out the Dark Lord's previous curses. It's like "I am rubber and you are glue..." Harry was rubber, Lord Voldemort was glue. Get it? -Submitted by Mikey
Follow up from Tincerbell:

I think that the reason Harry got the same wand Voldemort did is the same reason Harry is a Parseltongue and the same reason the Sorting Hat wanted to put him in Slytherin. Harry has something from Voldemort in him, they're connected because of the curse, remember the 2nd book?

Harry's Scar
Harry's scar is connected with Voldemort, Dumbledore especially thinks so but has anyone considered the possibility that this connection is only necessary until Voldemort is vanquished? So therefore, if Voldemort is defeated in the 7th book the scar may disappear. And the last line of the 7th book is scar so couldn't it go something long the lines of, (long paraggraph summing up the finalities of Harry's adventure his successful completion of hogwarts,etc.) "He realized that finally Voldemort was gone for good and so was his scar." -Submitted by Celibby

Snape - A Vampire?
Here are a couple points of reference backing this theory up:

1) Snape is rarely seen outside, and he teaches his classes in the dark dungeons. The only time he is seen outside is for Quidditch matches. But then, there may be a sort of creme he can apply to his skin which acts like sunscreen.
2) Quirrel was always seen with garlic around his neck. Could that be to keep Snape away, or just because he's overly paranoid?
3) Snape is described as a "thin man with sallow skin, a hooked nose, and greasy, shoulder-length black hair," -- That's the sterotypical vampire.
4) There are numerous non-literal references in the books to Snape being a bat. You can see a list of those references here.

New Member of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team
Ron will join the Gryffindor Quidditch Team as a beater after Fred or George dies. JKR did say that there would be deaths in book five. -Submitted by Mat
Follow up from Marc:

Alright, this is just a wild theory. We know that there is a space to be filled on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team (as well as Hufflepuff...Cedric's), but it is a Keeper, so, if Ron made the team, that's what he would be. Also, we know that one of Harry's fans die, but I highly doubt it will be Fred or George Weasley. She's spent too much time making the readers love them for their antics to give them up now. Also, we have no idea that Ron WILL join the team anyways! Other than that, good rumour.

The 'glint of triumph' in Dumbledore's eyes
In the first book, Hagrid told Harry he didn't think Voldemort had enough human left in him to die. In the fourth book, Voldemort needed human blood to bring him back to life. At the end of book 4, after Harry explained what Wormtail and Voldemort did to him, Dumbledore had a 'look of triumph' in his eyes, could this possibly be because Voldemort was human-enough to die? -Submitted by Lucy

Significance of Harry's Birthday and the day his parents died?
As you know, Harry Potter's birthday falls on July 31, his parents being murdered on Halloween. The signifigance of these dates are rather interesting: I was watching an episode of the X-files, named "Sanguinarium," (fourth season, sixth episode) where there are four murder victims that have an interesting link: their birthdays, which was July 31, April 30, Feburary 1, and October 31. The signifigance of these were that they were all eves of major Witches' Sabbats (yes, Sabbats... singular is 'sabbat,' trust me on this, I've researched this on actual Wiccan documents), which are rather important to witches in their religous year -- August first celebrates the harvest; April 31 and May 1st are combined into one bigger holiday to celebrate the marriage of the Wiccan God and Goddess; Feburary 2 is the festival of spring; Halloween and November 1 celebrate the dead and the coming of the new wiccan year. This is an interesting link that I found between the wiccan world and Harry Potter. It's more than obvious that J.K. Rowling did this on purpose. Maybe we need to pay attention to these dates in the future in the books. -Submitted by ABYSchan.

hpangel102
December 19th, 2002, 2:42 am
I think its a weasley that will die, but not Mrs. Weasley... shes not my prime suspect....

Sorry, but I didn't read all that. It was too much! I already knoew most of the facts anyways, but I'm to tired to go through and read them.

beaker
December 19th, 2002, 4:45 am
The "fan" that dies could be Fudge.

Ame
December 19th, 2002, 6:09 am
People, People, the mystery has been solved!!!

Made by Lani
Oh no!! I'm a fan of Harry!! I've been here since the First book!!

ITS ME!! ARGH JKR IS GOING TO KILL ME OFF!!

*runs around flailing his arms around*

Noooooo!

See, the pieces fit. Lani is going to be the newest victim... so come let us take a moment of silence to remember our dear friend Lani... *bows her head* Oh, wait Lani's not gone yet...

Seriously, that was a hilarious post... I laughed out loud too. :rotfl:

Anne
December 19th, 2002, 8:21 am
Ahem. :)

I really do think Hagrid is most likely to die. He is valiant enough to put himself in great danger and not quite skilled enough to get himself out of it. Plus, at the end of GOF, Dumbledore seems to have sent him on a dangerous mission. And he certainly qualifies as a fan of Harry.

mystically_mad
December 19th, 2002, 8:23 am
good idea lanni.

i dunno about hagrid. he seems to obvious to me and JK doesnt really do the obvious.

lanifiel
December 19th, 2002, 8:24 am
I still think Cho might be the one. I'm not sure why, just another random thought...

apples
December 19th, 2002, 8:44 am
I thought lan was a die hard Harry/Cho guy? :)

lanifiel
December 19th, 2002, 8:51 am
I am, but I still think she might die...

cherion_lee
December 19th, 2002, 8:51 am
My guess is, it'll be HAGRID. (but I hope not!!)

lanifiel
December 19th, 2002, 8:54 am
well to be more truthful apples, I'm a Cho/lani guy, but shes a bit young :D

SaRaH 23 HP
December 19th, 2002, 9:04 am
Hagrid? J.K. Rowling said that one of Harry's "fans" would die AND, during Harry Potter Hour on the Rosie O'Donnell show Rosie asked Richard Harris (Dumbledore) if he was signed up for all seven movies and he said yes, when she asked Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid) he replied, "sort of". That leads me to believe that Hagrid might get the axe in book five. tats all i have to say about this! this is wt i think who will die!:smile: and Lani wt u said about u and cho well tats hilarous!:rotfl:

Ame
December 19th, 2002, 9:24 am
Wow, knowing that you have completely stomped out my theory of Dumbledore dying. That totally changes my reasoning. Perhaps Hagrid will be the one to die. But it seems so obvious, and obvious just isn't JKR's style.

But then again, maybe DD will die, and appear as flashbacks or as a ghost... okay most likely not. Scratch that... Hmmm... I suppose I have a bit of thinking to do...

But thanks, I had no idea about the interview on the Rosie O'Donell show.

SaRaH 23 HP
December 19th, 2002, 9:40 am
well it mite not b JKR style but who knows she mite b trying to make us think tat it isnt her style but it will turn out to b wt she is doin also she needs to make something predictable! cuz apparently something MAJOR is happein about Lily Potter so she HAS to make ATLEAST one thing predictable!

mystically_mad
December 19th, 2002, 10:04 am
about that rosie o donnell show, i think it was just his way of answering the question. i mean, they probably have been told not to tell anything about the movies and he was trying not to.

Ashkins
December 19th, 2002, 2:41 pm
Did JK ever say it was just ONE person who dies??

hott_guy_1989
December 19th, 2002, 6:18 pm
I don't think Hadrig will die. I mean JKR said that it would be a main character and is a big fan of Harry, and Hadrig is not a fan of Harry he is a friend just like Ron and Hermione. I think it will be Ginny.

Nimbus
December 19th, 2002, 6:51 pm
When you think about it logically, anybody could die. Harry has loads of fans, fans that he doesn't even know. Harry's famous, he defeated Voldemort, so of course he is very popular and thus have many fans.

Therefore, J.K. Rowling's hint that a fan of Harry's will die is really not that helpful, as it could be anyone.

There is only one family that we know for sure is not a fan of Harry's and that is the Malfoy family.

apples
December 19th, 2002, 9:39 pm
well to be more truthful apples, I'm a Cho/lani guy, but shes a bit young :D
Actually, CoS was set in 1992, so she's not that much younger than you, lan! *nudge nudge* :D

Oh, and Ashkins, J.K. Rowling said there would be at least one death that would be difficult to write, so there might be more than one. :(

mystically_mad
December 19th, 2002, 11:17 pm
woohoo lanni you're in with a chance.;D ;)

nimbus, JK said it would be hard death to write so it would have to be a biggish character to be hard to write. if she just killed off some guy in the street who was fawning over harry, well it wouldnt be too hard to write.

apples
December 20th, 2002, 12:38 am
Hmmm... I wonder if the person to die would be Doris Crockford... She's a fan of Harry's and we've known her since the first book. Or maybe it'll be Dedalus Diggle! One of them might become a teacher at Hogwarts, and their death will be hard to write because we'll love them so much! What do ya think? :)

Daily Propheter
December 20th, 2002, 12:42 am
lol, I think you're pulling ideas out of thin air because every other option has been said. ;)

apples
December 20th, 2002, 12:51 am
*grins*
How'd you guess? :lol:

But it's possible, right...?
*realizes this is a hopeless theory* :)
*ponders what else can be pulled out of the air...*

hpangel102
December 20th, 2002, 2:41 am
I don't think Hagrid will die yet. I think maybe in book 6, or book 7.... but I'm not sure he will survive the whole series.....

SeniorFishy
December 20th, 2002, 2:46 am
I dont *think* Hagrid will die in book5, but do believe he might be gone in the future. Seems like Harry doesn't need Hagrid much anymore now that he is growing up and becoming more and more powerful.

SaRaH 23 HP
December 20th, 2002, 3:32 am
Senior Fishy i think tat Harry will need him in the future(if he dosent die in the 5th book) beacause it seems tat Harry has a very close friendship with him and he seems to have a bond with him! its like saying tat Harry wouldnt care if Ron or Hermione died!!:angry:

SeniorFishy
December 20th, 2002, 3:46 am
I see Hargrid more of as a protector and a guide to Harry more than a friend. I think Harry won't need to have a protector and a guide when he's older and Hagrid will become less important.

and yes lani.

lanifiel
December 20th, 2002, 3:53 am
Then whats the point of coming to these boards? I mean you already know while the rest of us are just guessing and debating. I really dont want to hear anything you have to say on the matter...

Anne
December 20th, 2002, 3:59 am
Calm down, guys. There is absolutely no need to get angry.

lanifiel
December 20th, 2002, 4:12 am
Thats just it, I'm not angry. I just dont think a guy with knowledge of the book should talk about theories he knows arnt true...

bluemagic
December 20th, 2002, 4:44 am
Oh!Oh! I just hope the air is already cool here. :)

Err...err...I think, it is also possible that Hagrid will die in the next book.

In all classic mythic stories, the mentor who took the hero over the threshold (Hagrid in HP, Obi-Wan in SW, Gandalf in LotR) is unable to go the whole journey with the hero. There would be a point where he must be left behind, and the hero must go with it alone. Maybe some people think Dumbledore is Harry's mentor, but It seems to me it's Hagrid (likely) . He was the first to introduce Harry to the wizarding world. Dumbledore is more like a Yoda figure. :D

And if it's Hagrid,his death seems like the only one that would be REALLY hard to write, because we've gotten to know him so well. :(

This is only just my "crazy"perception during my "temporary insanity state" of thinking. ;) hope you can bear with me.

It's difficult to see what you don't want to see. It's a perfectly human reaction to something not going your way

Ame
December 20th, 2002, 5:19 am
I've been behind the idea of Dumbledore dying, but lately I've start leaning towards the idea of Hagrid dying. He would fit all the hints given. But I've figured that it might be a character who's purpose has been served. Hagrid still has a purpose. He has to get the giants to rally against Voldemort. I'm not saying Hagrid won't ever die, but I don't think it will be in the 5th book.

:sigh: My head is all jumbled up with theories and ideas...

SaRaH 23 HP
December 20th, 2002, 5:55 am
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by bluemagic [/i
In all classic mythic stories, the mentor who took the hero over the threshold (Hagrid in HP, Obi-Wan in SW, Gandalf in LotR) is unable to go the whole journey with the hero. There would be a point where he must be left behind, and the hero must go with it alone. Maybe some people think Dumbledore is Harry's mentor, but It seems to me it's Hagrid (likely) .
And if it's Hagrid,his death seems like the only one that would be REALLY hard to write, because we've gotten to know him so well. :(

Oh no BlueMagic has done it again! she has made everything look so simple!lol!:D BlueMagic i think u have shown really great points and theorys! And i agree totally with Lanni if Senior if u no so much about HP and the OoF then y do u bother comin on?:grumble: tats a lil Fishy!

SeniorFishy
December 20th, 2002, 9:14 am
same reason why everyone comes here. rather odd question to ask. you think that when book 5 is release that this place is going to dry up? absurd.

lanifiel
December 20th, 2002, 9:15 am
But no doubt SeniorFishy, you will have all the answers to that one as well I mean, what with all your secret sources and everything...

ahsweape
December 20th, 2002, 10:19 am
hey lanifiel, i thought the topic of this thread was who will die. maybe we should all just try to stick to that topic instead of turning yet another thread into a childish gripe fest. if you don't want to hear anything seniorfishy has to say on any matter then don't read his posts. everyone else is doing a good job of staying on the topic despite this little squabble.

Puffskein
December 20th, 2002, 12:01 pm
Quite right. And why should HP be like Star Wars or LOTR? Do we really know all about Hagrid yet? Just a thought, not to say he necessarily won't die.

bluemagic
December 20th, 2002, 2:19 pm
Originally posted by Puffskein
Quite right. And why should HP be like Star Wars or LOTR? Do we really know all about Hagrid yet? Just a thought, not to say he necessarily won't die.

Err....err... what I only meant was, In all classic mythic stories, the mentor who took the hero over the threshold is unable to go the whole journey with the hero. :D I've only mentioned SW or LOTR to better express what I mean by that. Just a crazy and didfferent way of explanation...;)nothing personal ;)

Originally posted by SaRaH 23 HP

Oh no BlueMagic has done it again! she has made everything look so simple!lol

My good ness...SaRaH 23 HP :D you're giving me a heart attack :o And please stay out of trouble ;) You know what I mean :D

Ashkins
December 20th, 2002, 2:21 pm
Originally posted by SaRaH 23 HP
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by bluemagic [/i
In all classic mythic stories, the mentor who took the hero over the threshold (Hagrid in HP, Obi-Wan in SW, Gandalf in LotR) is unable to go the whole journey with the hero. There would be a point where he must be left behind, and the hero must go with it alone. Maybe some people think Dumbledore is Harry's mentor, but It seems to me it's Hagrid (likely) .

I agree that Hagrid is a mentor to Harry.. but then quite a few of them are. Each mentoring him in different areas.

DD mentors in ways of strengthening his character
Hagrid = Social issues the way he gets the trio speaking again and how they resolve conflicts.
McG = about priotrities as far as studies and she introduced him to his favorite sport. She also has a mothers concern for him .. a concern she doesn't seem to share with the other students.
Snape - helps to teach him that not everyone in the world will like you based on what others think... and that even though someone appears to not like you in the end they would do things to save your life. (some of the best teachers I ever had were hard nosed and hard to get along with)
Lupin and Moody- in teaching how to defend ones self. they both set time apart just to help him.

YOu can even add some of the other characters..

Mr and Mrs Weasley - parents love and a feeling of family belonging.
Siruis - hope and someone to confide in. (even though he goes to DD lol)

Any of these people could die...

crafty girl
December 20th, 2002, 3:03 pm
I don't know when it will happen, but I really think Lupin is going to die. Wormtail has a silver hand now, which is too much of a coincidence. Also, JKR uses a lot of mythology in her books and in the Remus/Romulus myth, Remus is killed by his brother (Romulus). I don't want it to happen, but I think it will. :<

I don't think that Sirius will die, though. Ever since the first book, JKR has been setting us up to hope that Harry can have a real family some day. I don't think she'd take away the only chance of that really happening.

JoFaye
December 20th, 2002, 3:11 pm
I think the Lupin theory is very good. Has any guessed Professor McG?

Ashkins
December 20th, 2002, 3:11 pm
Regardless of how we feel about the Dursleys they are his real family. Not all families are loving and fair its just a fact of life.

I certainly hope they will be kinder to him and if Duddly does become magical that he wont join Volds side. Just because of how he feels about Harry.

Do you think deep down Petunia could be a fan of Harry?? Knowing what she does... or maybe she resents him because her sister died saving his life.... but then why treat someone you sister died saving like doo all of his childhood..

Getting off topic.. *stears back*

Someone in the Dursleys could very well die...

bluemagic
December 20th, 2002, 3:24 pm
Originally posted by Ashkins
I agree that Hagrid is a mentor to Harry.. but then quite a few of them are. Each mentoring him in different areas.

you are right..;) There are lots of mentors we can think of. I`m just thinking, since Hagrid was the FIRST person who introduce Harry to the wizarding world...it would make the difference :)

Anyway, it's just a thought;)

hpangel102
December 20th, 2002, 6:11 pm
Seniorfishy..... how do you know who is going to die in book 5? J.k hasn't told anyone, so no-one knows about it.... even if you had a secret way to find things out, it wouldn't work. She wouldn't tell anyone about who dies...

Xikum
December 20th, 2002, 11:34 pm
SeniorFishy wrote a summary of what he thinks is going to be in B5, or what he heard would be in it, in a thread specifically discussing the (hoped? hypothesized?) Book 5 Plot.

I have 1 question in regards to that:
Sorry in advance about being Off Topic, but I've e-mailed a couple people & can't seem to get an answer.
I was reading/subscribed to that thread. I made a couple posts in response. As far as I know, I did Not say anything rude/flaming etc. to be blocked out of it. But, I have recently not been allowed access to it. Who is the specific person I need to ask to find out Why??

lanifiel
December 21st, 2002, 12:22 am
The thread no longer exists, it was merged with others and even that has since dropped away...

Xikum
December 21st, 2002, 1:55 am
Thanks Lanifiel!! That's kind of you for filling me in!! I was getting kinda paranoid, to click onto a thread & get a message that I did not have access...Like, I wondered if I was being :censored: for something I didn't even know I did?!?! It's good to know that it was just the thread being merged.

True, DarlingC, it was "wasted space" due to the extravagent claim, but then if we just treated it like a string of theories, a hypothesized plot, it did bring up some fun ideas of things many of us would like to see! Or Not! And that brings up discussion.

SeniorFishy
December 21st, 2002, 2:16 am
Ginny, why do you think Ginny is getting the axe? poor girl.

DarlingChild
December 21st, 2002, 2:18 am
Lots of reasons. To me it all makes sense. I would re-post my reasons for the 234978539467940356th time, but I don't feel like it right now because I'm cold and hungry!! :D

Daily Propheter
December 21st, 2002, 2:24 am
Fred or George
Sirius or Lupin
Dumbledore
Hagrid
Neither Ron or Hermione, cuz they have to end up tgether
Harry, in Book 7

That's all the people who will (or won't) die. At least, IMO.

hpangel102
December 21st, 2002, 2:29 am
Lots of reasons. To me it all makes sense. I would re-post my reasons for the 234978539467940356th time, but I don't feel like it right now because I'm cold and hungry!! :D

No, we don't need to hear her reasons again.... lol! I'm just kidding DarlingChild... :p Well, I don't think its going to be Ginny..... but it will be a Weasley.....

Xikum
December 21st, 2002, 4:03 am
I'll stick with my original calls on who dies....and I'm not repeating mine, either. ;)
Have we come up with any more, new & creative thoughts, or are we just beating dead equines?
Come on, Lani, you do seem to come up w/true brainstorms....got any more of that 4 day old 'za (w/shrooms)?
& Don't sweat my abbreviations. You can call me Xi, if you like.

Hmmm...how about something patently ridiculous:

The poltergeist! There's Got to be Some Reason that DD's kept him all this time, despite the real irritant he's been. Something that would make it worthwhile to have someone That irritating around. What do we know about poltergeists?? Aside from traditionally being brought about by child & teen angst, which doesn't seem to be the way it works at Hog's.

Nah. I doubt losing him could make me shed a tear.

Neville? He could finally open up about his family, we could find out that his poor memory is due to his grandma's using forgetting spells on him because he sees his parents over summer, and it breaks him up too much to handle it. Somehow he has learned to block or overcome the charm, and remembers. He not only remembers his parents in the state they are in now, but that he saw their torture. There is a LOT of pain & growing up. He forms a close bond with Harry while Ron & Hermione are off getting involved (w/other respecitve mis-matched partners). Then he is killed by ????? some minion of Voldie. Leaving his heartbroken grandmother, and Harry even more determined to eliminate that :censored:

Yes, that would pull on the heart-strings for me, & it would be hard for JKR! But, somehow, I think it's unlikely. But, it IS an option.

lanifiel
December 21st, 2002, 4:09 am
Well not really thoughts on who dies but more who is responsilbe for the death, I think it might be Harry who causes teh death. It might be a ploy by teh forces of evil but it also might be a true mistake that proves his falibility in wizardry and perhaps makes him question his desire to be a wizard anymore...

Xikum
December 21st, 2002, 4:16 am
Wow...that would be an intense one.
He's come close to killing, but never done it. I mean, the first professor died because he was trying to kill Harry, and the protection from Harry's mother prevented it & killed him. That's Not the Same as outright intentionaly killing. He didn't even kill Wormie when he found out he was responsible for his parent's death, and didn't seem murderously mad about it when he realized he was helping Voldie (in B4), taking his blood & killing Cedric! Harry is still an innocent at heart.

To kill someone, even soneone who truly 'deserved' it, would change things for him.

lanifiel
December 21st, 2002, 4:17 am
Better (or worse) yet, imagine Harry casting a spell to help out someone he likes and ends up by killing them as the spell backfires...

Xikum
December 21st, 2002, 4:21 am
I think that he's too competant a wizard to have it backfire, like when Ron's wand was broken.
But I could see a plan not working out, and a friend or someone innocent dying because of it, while Harry survives again. Survivor's guilt would be bad. And, if there was some suspicion or bitternes on the part of the survivor's family, who had been friends of his....That's one of the reasons I think one of the Weasley's only have a matter of time....

Ame
December 21st, 2002, 4:25 am
That would be something. If Harry ended up being the cause of someone's death he surely would look take a closer look at what death truly means, wouldn't he?

*Off Topic* BTW, I just wanted to say I'm going to LOTR: the Two Towers tomorrow... and I am so excited I can barely breathe. :clappy:

Xikum
December 21st, 2002, 4:29 am
Enjoy, Ame!! It is Excellent!! EVEN Better than the first. But, if you have read the books, then you know that it is sick & twisted to end where it does. They NEED to get the next one out soon, not in 1 year...esp. since it's in the can already!!!!
Get there wayyy early to get a good seat. I don't know where you live, but we got there near an hour early and weren't even in the first 100 in line, and it was Thursday evening at a multiplex with a few screens going, not the weekend!

BTT: Yes, Harry has a good soul. I think it would mess him up badly, even if the killing were necessary. But, to have it be an accident, or something that "If Only"...he had done something differently, he thinks he might have prevented....that would be too awful.

Ame
December 21st, 2002, 4:58 am
True, that would be awful. He may even suffer from an imense amount of guilt, but the next couple of books are supposed to be darker than the stories before. I could see something along those lines actually happening in one of the books. It would be absolutely fascinating. Oh... what if Hagrid accidently dies by Harry's mistake? That would be too tragic for words...

Wow, I'm being a little harsh on Harry aren't I? I should give the poor boy a break.

Okay, let's say Harry wasn't the one to mess up. What if it was Ron... better yet, Hermione! She prides herself on being a competent and capable witch, especially being muggle-born. Could you imagine how she would feel actually making a grave mistake like that? I mean, I bet she doesn't like messing up as it is, but if someone was to be hurt by it?

Gee... I'm starting to sound like a total nut case, aren't I? I should stop, but the idea of someone being gravely injured because of a mistake on Harry, Ron, or Hermione's part... it's really fascinating. There I go again... :wacky:

Lani, you brought this idea up. I blame you for making me sound like a total nut case... :)

Re'em_Herder
December 21st, 2002, 5:51 am
I really think Dobby will die. I mean, he's a fan of Harry, and imagine how hard it would be to write the decapitation of everyone's favourite house-elf!

LoOLoO
December 21st, 2002, 6:26 am
Okay people, i have come to the conclusion, after hours of contless reading through the books and chats and other peoples opinon.... i think it will be HAGRID who falls in book 5... now i LOVE hagrid... heck i love him like a brother but we have to think like J.K. here, not what we would do, but what she is going to do and presmably as done.
One reason that i think it is going to be Hagrid is that J.K. always said that it was going to be a special fan of Harrys. Okay, hagrid is in a sense a fan. He is sumwhat of a brother figure and we all know hagrid sort of feels harry is a younger, less tall, him. hagrid is aways watching ut for harry. another reason is that the guy who plays hagrid in the movies (dont curicfy me cuz i forgot his name) was asked in an interview if he was doing all the movies and he said "sort of". now i think thats a pretty valid sign that hagrid could be the one... and J.K. said tha it was going to be "horrible to write". she always said she really liked agrid and he was one of her favorite characters, wouldnt that make his death terrible to write? Yes it would. So thats what i think, im out.. PeAcE xoxoxoxo

hpangel102
December 21st, 2002, 1:41 pm
You know, who told you Seniorfishy who died? Because it wasn't J.K......

What if it's a teacher who dies? like Professor McGonagall??

DarlingChild
December 21st, 2002, 3:10 pm
Why McGonagall? She's not really a 'fan' of Harry...plus, it wouldn't hurt me much to see her die, lol. I know thats kind of mean, but I never really saw her as an 'important' character. I know she is, but I always kind of dismissed her while I was reading the books. *shrugs*

The idea of Harry being responsible for the death is a good one. It certainly WOULD make him take a closer, more personal look into what death means. It would certainly have to be an accident, as it would be pretty hard to put Harry under the Imperius Curse because he can fight it.

Who knows...until now, I always just assumed that it would be Voldie or one of his followers that did the evil deed.

hpangel102
December 21st, 2002, 8:01 pm
I think the only way Harry would kill someone, would be on accident.... Like, if he was aiming for someone bad, and he hit the wrong person, or something like that.

I don't know, a teacher was just a suggestion....

You-Know-Her
December 22nd, 2002, 12:57 am
JKR has a clear record of surpizing us! Yes, Hagrid or Fred or Geoge are likely, but lets look at somebody else. We know Dumbledore can't die until the 7th book when he isn't around to save Harry from volemort and Harry dies. And JKR said that Ron and Herimione would not die because the trio has to be soild until the end when Harry dies. And think about it like this Robbie Contrine (SP) might have said no to all 7 movies because their was somthing else in his life going on. Really, do you think JKR would tell the cast big spoilers like that? I don't know, maybe it will be Hagrid that will die. Who Knows? Maybe it will be Nevile..............

DarlingChild
December 22nd, 2002, 1:10 am
Grr, what is it with you people and killing Neville? I don't think Neville will die. *humph*

Flea Fly
December 22nd, 2002, 1:45 am
Originally posted by You-Know-Her
JKR has a clear record of surpizing us! Yes, Hagrid or Fred or Geoge are likely, but lets look at somebody else. We know Dumbledore can't die until the 7th book when he isn't around to save Harry from volemort and Harry dies.

What do you mean when Harry dies? Is there something I don't know :??:

Also in my opinion if it is a Weasely that dies I reckon it could be Mrs Weasley (I read this theory somwhere and it's logical to me) I reckon it will be her because she's almost becoem like a mother to Harry and I would say that she is a fan of his. We also know that JK's own mother died when she was young so that's why the death would be horrible to write. She'd be writing the death of her own mother and Giny would be like herself, a girl rowing up without a mother.

cheers

DarlingChild
December 22nd, 2002, 1:49 am
Well....that makes sense :p

go_anna40
December 22nd, 2002, 6:35 am

well, the Weasly's are high onmy list, but specially Ginny. but so is Hagrid, Dobby. Cho is a maybe...

girl_wizardry
December 22nd, 2002, 7:30 am
For me, i think it would be Colin Creevey. I mean, isn't it obvious enough that he was like..THE die-hard fan around? And i think, it would be kinda sad to write his death cos he's just so innocent...and he has a loving brother!!

But if it's a Weasley, wow. That would be totally terrible! But then agen, EVERYONE is a fan of Harry's. J.K has a fantastic way to write the whole twist around so umm..i dunno really.

But i think it would be Colin. As for Neville, nahz....

Flea Fly
December 22nd, 2002, 10:30 am
I don't think it will be Colin, he was never very important to the plot. Then again JK always lieks to surprise us and bring out unlikely friends for Harry but then again that death is way tooo obvious after her "big fan" comment. I mean didn't you think Colin as soon as you found out that a fan dies?

cheers

lanifiel
December 22nd, 2002, 10:31 am
Like Cedric was before book 4 Flea Fly?

DarlingChild
December 22nd, 2002, 2:57 pm
girl_wizardry, not EVERYONE is a fan of Harry's. The Malfoy family isn't...also Voldemort and his Death Eaters...:smile:

hpangel102
December 22nd, 2002, 3:13 pm
Well, I don't think that it will be Colin, it wouldn't really hurt me if he died......

DarlingChild
December 22nd, 2002, 3:53 pm
Same here hp...