CoSForums ArchiveCoSForums Archive

Go Back   CoSForums Archive > Diagon Alley > The Daily Prophet
User Name
Password

For Lupin's fans ("Please, J.K., don't Kill Remus" Movement)

Old March 2nd, 2005, 3:06 pm
First Year

Send a message via ICQ to Mary_Lupin Send a message via MSN to Mary_Lupin
For Lupin's fans ("Please, J.K., don't Kill Remus" Movement)

Hello!

Well, as I am really concerned about if Remus is going to die on the 6th book, I decided to create a movement called, "Please, JK, don't Kill Remus".

Now, what can we do to go on with that movement? I think each of us should do something. Even if we think that the movement will be useless, that JKR will never hear of it and even if she does, she'll do nothing to save him (well... the book is already written, isn't it?), even though, I thing we should show everyone that we don't want Remus to die.

How? By writting e-mails for people to sign? Yes, that's not a bad idea, even though I didn't do it... yet!
Another way is by putting the movement's slogan on your signatures in HP forums, e-mails or whatever you like and in your blogs and websites... Oh, yes, the blogs and websites!
I've made a blog dedicaded to that movement, but it's in portuguese. Even though, if you want to get the gifs I made for the movement, you can get it there (http://www.salvemremus.blogger.com.br) or even make your own gifs (if you want, I can make some gifs for you)... I don't no, I'm just giving some ideas for us to "save Remus"... if that's possible, and even if it isn't, it could be our form of protest.
Well, maybe you think this movement is a little bit silly, but I simply can't bare the idea of Remus dying... well, I don't know if he's really gonna die, but in forums 90% of the people think he's gonna die already in the 6th book...
Well, this is it.
Love to all Lupin's Fans.
Maria

Old March 2nd, 2005, 3:21 pm
Fifth Year

Send a message via MSN to _Lynz_
You should join the Cod Squad...

If you want my thoughts, I, and a lot of the really intelligent people in the All about Remus John Lupin thread agree that it would be useless to kill Remus. The only reason we could come up with for killing Remus would be so Harry learns what death feels like, which is silly, because well, Sirius!
And also, it would be very expected and cliched if she kills him just for the sake of ending the Marauders, he's Harry's only link to his past, and I think he's going to have a really important role in book 6 and maybe book 7 and even if JK does kill him, well lets just say get the cods ready.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Proud member of the I.W.B.T.B.I.G.O.I.A.S.S.S.S.
Founding member of the Sirius Lives Faith Keeping Squad and the tache appreciation society
Member of the Big Squishy Hugs for Lupin Society and the Cod Squad.
Old March 2nd, 2005, 3:32 pm
First Year

I really loved your answer, Lynz! How can I join the Sqaud and the Lupin Society?

But you said something: "he's Harry's only link to his past"... well... that's exactly the reason why I think he can die... that and... well, I think this is just panic from a Lupin-freak!

Well... JKR said there would be more theaths on the 6th book and she said she's sorry for that, so it has to be someone from the "good side"... well, let's hope it's not Remus. I'll keep on with my movement!

Old March 2nd, 2005, 4:25 pm
First Year

I think we all need to trust that JKR will do what's best for the story; she won't kill anyone just to upset fans, she'll kill them because it's necessary for the plot. By the same token, if someone's death is necessary, she won't keep them alive because of pressure from readers, discussion boards, or anything!

Old March 3rd, 2005, 5:38 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiphany
I think we all need to trust that JKR will do what's best for the story; she won't kill anyone just to upset fans, she'll kill them because it's necessary for the plot. By the same token, if someone's death is necessary, she won't keep them alive because of pressure from readers, discussion boards, or anything!

Ok, I know that, but I think she can kill anyone else and make it necessary... Why would she kill Remus? I mean, he's one of the characters she likes the most and I don't know anyone who doesn't like Lupin. Not everyone loves him, but no one hates him or despises him or thinks he's borring or something.

She writes the story, so whoever she kills she'll make the death necessary. I don't think the best for the story is to kill a character everyone simpathyzes with. There would be no point on doing that. What importance to the story can Remus's death have that other character's death cannot have?? The importance of a character and his death is something that only JK can tell.

Yack! My english is so rusty I'm not making myself clear! :'( What I'm trying to say is that Lupin's death cannot be more important to the story than the death of any other character, so JKR can kill other character and make the death of that character important. Uff! I think I made myself a little bit mor clear, now...

Old March 3rd, 2005, 5:43 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Lupin
Well... JKR said there would be more theaths on the 6th book and she said she's sorry for that, so it has to be someone from the "good side"... well, let's hope it's not Remus. I'll keep on with my movement!

JK said that she wasn't too sad about the person HBP sees killed. HP_VII -

Potter Puppet Pals - A hillarious animation about Harry and his posse! If this isn't allowed, IM me mods and I'll remove it immediately! I can't see why it wouldn't be, but it might 'bother' some people!

Old March 3rd, 2005, 8:52 pm
Fifth Year

as I recall JK Rowling was at some point begged not kill Ron and her reply was pretty much if it serves the story Ron was toast (I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist of it)
I don't think any character is safe regardless of how beloved they might be.

Old March 3rd, 2005, 10:58 pm
Third Year

Send a message via AIM to weasley
What JK has to do, she has to do. If that means she has to kill off Remus, then that's OK with me. Don't get me wrong, Lupin's one of my favourite charctaers! But we can't stop JK telling her story the way she wants it. It would be like us telling her to kill off Voldemort instead of Harry, when her plans we're to kill off Harry.

*Note: Percy isn't there!

My Mugglenet Fan-fic Harrys worst week or rather Snapes favourite week 65% Obsessed How obsessed with HP are you?
Old March 4th, 2005, 12:57 am
First Year

@ Mary_Lupin

You are scary...why are you so obsessed with Lupin?

I don't really care wether Lupin lives or dies.
If Lupin will die JKR will have a good reason for it, same for Sirius.

(OT: Why did you remove that picture of you and that full moon. I liked it.)

Old March 4th, 2005, 1:36 am
Second Year

She better not kill him off....
1. he's the last marauder *note: Peter doesn't count
2. He's Harry's last link to his parents
3. He can run the Order if DD dies
4. To change the wizarding views on werewolves

Can anyone think of more?

Moonlight: Harry + Luna
Heron: Hermione + Ron
Proud Member of: S.P.E.W. , Cod Squad, and the Order of the Phenonx!
Old March 4th, 2005, 7:16 am
Fifth Year

This is very silly to have even. Now i love Lupin hope he makes it out at the end but if he dosent his fate was proabably decided a long time ago , when she was planning out the story. She isnt just going to decide to not kill him because some fans ask her not too, if she was planning to knock him off I hope he makes it to th end though Go Lupin

Get Firefox!

Old March 4th, 2005, 7:50 am
Sixth Year

I love Lupin to death and I hope he makes it to the end and kills that evil, worthless, little, piece of slime, Peter But, it's up to JKR and we can't change her mind even if we wanted to. Aren't you even a little bit intrigued by being in mourning? You know, like all those Sirius fans when OoTP was released. They were just so dramatic.

Old March 4th, 2005, 8:25 am
Third Year

Send a message via AIM to LunaGoldstein Send a message via Yahoo to LunaGoldstein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesified
JK said that she wasn't too sad about the person HBP sees killed. HP_VII -

When did she say this?

I agree that he probably won't be killed in a "oh, lets get him out of the way, he's not important, move along nothing to see here" kind of way, nor will he die just for the sake of all of the maurarders dying. Knowing that this will be a brutal war coming up we should at least accept the possbility of his death. However, I firmly believe that it will be in a heroic manner, at least towards the end of book 7 and NOT in HBP, and there would have to be more of a sense of closure. I honestly don't see him as 'marked for death' though, and I agree that it's infuriating when people think he will die as an "unimportant character" or because he's sickly-looking and thereby weak
I propose this be called "Please, JK, don't kill Remus arbitrailly"

Old March 4th, 2005, 9:01 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Lynz_
You should join the Cod Squad...

If you want my thoughts, I, and a lot of the really intelligent people in the All about Remus John Lupin thread agree that it would be useless to kill Remus. The only reason we could come up with for killing Remus would be so Harry learns what death feels like, which is silly, because well, Sirius!
And also, it would be very expected and cliched if she kills him just for the sake of ending the Marauders, he's Harry's only link to his past, and I think he's going to have a really important role in book 6 and maybe book 7 and even if JK does kill him, well lets just say get the cods ready.

How does one join a club/society/organization/squad, exactly? I don't think it says anything about it in the FAQ, so I'll just be dumb and ask here, I guess. I'm all about Lupin living past book 7, so can I join the Big Squishy Hugs for Lupin Society? And er, I suppose I better ask what the Cod Squad is, exactly, before I ask to sign up for that, too (I did a search, but nothing said what it is).

edit: Ah, so I've learned that you just have to put it in your sig to join. Yay! I'm now an official member of the BSHLS, then. I still haven't figured out what the Cod Squad is yet, though...

Member of the Sideburn Appreciation Society
*Member of the Big Squishy Hugs for Lupin Society*

Last edited by Goldberry : March 4th, 2005 at 9:13 am.
Old March 7th, 2005, 3:50 pm
First Year

Quote:
JK said that she wasn't too sad about the person HBP sees killed. HP_VII

Really?? She said that?? Well, so if she did, I don't believe she's gonna kill Remus. Anyway, I'll keep the movemente!

Quote:
as I recall JK Rowling was at some point begged not kill Ron and her reply was pretty much if it serves the story Ron was toast (I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist of it)
I don't think any character is safe regardless of how beloved they might be.

I think JK loves to torture us!

Quote:
What JK has to do, she has to do. If that means she has to kill off Remus, then that's OK with me. Don't get me wrong, Lupin's one of my favourite charctaers! But we can't stop JK telling her story the way she wants it. It would be like us telling her to kill off Voldemort instead of Harry, when her plans we're to kill off Harry.

This may sound awfull to you, but really, if Remus or Ron dies, I don't really care about what happen to the other characters.

Quote:
You are scary...why are you so obsessed with Lupin?

Really, Kruml? Well, sometimes I even scary myself! No, the thing is, when I have any problem in my life, I'm use to stick to anything which is not real life... and my escape, now, is Remus. It's like I fell in love with him or something. I wrote a fanfic where I included a character inspired on me and she and Remus fell in love... so, I sort of fell in love with him too... Ok, this is weard and scary, I admit it!

Quote:
(OT: Why did you remove that picture of you and that full moon. I liked it.)

Thanks. Unfortunately, there can be only one picture in the signature and I was forced to take one ofe them off. :cry:

Quote:
How does one join a club/society/organization/squad, exactly? I don't think it says anything about it in the FAQ, so I'll just be dumb and ask here, I guess. I'm all about Lupin living past book 7, so can I join the Big Squishy Hugs for Lupin Society? And er, I suppose I better ask what the Cod Squad is, exactly, before I ask to sign up for that, too (I did a search, but nothing said what it is).

I make your words mine. How can I join those groups?

Quote:
I propose this be called "Please, JK, don't kill Remus arbitrailly"

Oh, I don't think she would kill him arbitrairlly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marauderlupin
I love Lupin to death and I hope he makes it to the end and kills that evil, worthless, little, piece of slime, Peter But, it's up to JKR and we can't change her mind even if we wanted to. Aren't you even a little bit intrigued by being in mourning? You know, like all those Sirius fans when OoTP was released. They were just so dramatic.

Well, in fact I don't really think they're being too dramatic. I would be too if Remus had died.

(OT: In fact, I was never a Sirius' fan, he and James reminded me the kids who bullied me at school, but not Remus. Remus reminded me the one who was their friend and mine too... That boy was my first "love" and he's name (what a coincidence!) was David. )

I also hope Remus kills Peter, like he should have done in "The Prisoner of Azkaban" if it wasn't for Harry getting in the middle of it, saying thet James would'n want their friends to become murderers...

Old March 7th, 2005, 3:55 pm
Fifth Year

well Mary for what it's worth, I don't see Lupin dying.
Far too cliche to kill off another one of Harry's mentors and way too angsty.
If Rowling does I would likely cry very litte but roll my eyes alot.

Old March 7th, 2005, 3:58 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorna
well Mary for what it's worth, I don't see Lupin dying.
Far too cliche to kill off another one of Harry's mentors and way too angsty.

You know what, lorna? I think you're absolutely right!

Old March 7th, 2005, 11:48 pm
First Year

I can think of another one to add chick!!! It's because we love him to death and he's not allowed to die!!!! I Think if JKR has killed off Remus in HBP then it's going to push Harry over the edge and I don't think even she would put a mental breakdown into one of her books................would she?

Old March 9th, 2005, 2:35 am
First Year

Send a message via AIM to Prongs568
OMG i dont want Lupin to die!!! (HES THE ONLY GOOD MARAUDER LEFT!!!!)

"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret..." lol

PROUD HARMONIAN
PROUD GRYFFINDOR

I'm
a Gryffindor!

Go Back  CoSForums Archive > Diagon Alley > The Daily Prophet