Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   In Cinemas & General Movie discussion (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Worst movies ever! (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=128391)

eddie330 July 10th, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Worst movies ever!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenshi (Post 5769577)
People love Kick *** here. I haven't seen it myself though. Not the kind of movie I like to watch. I expected more from The Sorcerer's Apprentice, but maybe I was just too tired while watching in on a 15 hour bus ride. I love the idea behind National Treasure and I like Cage in general.

Can't think of any movie I really dislike that much that I cringe... so far.

Oh I know! "Don't mess with the Zohan" , "Ace Ventura", "The Mask" and so on... I don't like this kind of humor.

In the hands of another actor Treasure would have been better.

Dobson July 11th, 2011 12:06 am

Um...Goblet of Fire...:whistle: And Land of the Lost was pretty bad too.

Inigo Imago July 11th, 2011 12:19 am

I didn't remember this lovely movie when I posted in this thread last time. The movie Virgin Territory with Hayden Christensen was, quite possibly, one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The plot was non-existent and the acting was beyond sub-par. Hayden's "British" accent came and went in the middle of sentences and the movie seemed to depend entirely on the occasional bit of unnecessary nudity.

Terrible, terrible movie. When I was working at the video store, I would talk people out of watching it when they brought the disc to the register. It was THAT BAD! Starting a bonfire and burning a $5.00 bill would have been more productive.

EmmaFernandez July 11th, 2011 5:38 pm

Shattered Glass just awful

Twilight? The acting is way of nothing like the book

Hysteria July 11th, 2011 6:13 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaFernandez (Post 5770801)

The one positive thing I took from Twilight was that for me, I hated the characters less. I mean, I still thought they were one-dimensional, had no personality, and there was nothing to like about them, but I didn't want to throw my television across the room, like I did with the book (literally).

eddie330 July 11th, 2011 7:14 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hysteria (Post 5770822)
The one positive thing I took from Twilight was that for me, I hated the characters less. I mean, I still thought they were one-dimensional, had no personality, and there was nothing to like about them, but I didn't want to throw my television across the room, like I did with the book (literally).

I loved Twilight, one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

EmmaFernandez July 11th, 2011 10:08 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie330 (Post 5770879)
I loved Twilight, one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Is the post ironic lol

Inigo Imago July 11th, 2011 11:00 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaFernandez (Post 5770801)

I have no comment on Twilight. More than anything, I'm not a fan of the book's one-dimentional characterizations so the movie didn't really have much to work with.

I disagree with you on Shattered Glass (to each her own, right?) because I thought it was the only Hayden Christensen movie where his acting wasn't completely terrible. I don't know if you knew it while watching the film, but Shattered Glass is based on a true story of a pathological liar who worked for the New Republic. Glass actually dreamed up complete articles and passed them off as fact--each lie constantly expanding to cover even more lies. All of the article names and storylines in the movie were actual articles published by the magazine.

He completely destroyed his reputation, lost his job and friends. Overall, the movie was an incredibly well-done portrayal of this event. Yes, it's a slow movie (not good for a casual Friday-night movie night), but a solid watch for the storyline itself. Hayden actually nailed the character of Stephen Glass--shocking, I know.

AnotherD July 12th, 2011 7:49 pm

I recently saw Bad Teacher. All the funny moments were in the trailer, so it was a waste of money to see it in the theater.

I also thought the first Hangover movie was pretty dumb, but I also saw it long after all the hype, so I was expecting something really good. It just didn't live up to the hype for me.

Hysteria July 12th, 2011 10:43 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnotherD (Post 5771593)
I also thought the first Hangover movie was pretty dumb, but I also saw it long after all the hype, so I was expecting something really good. It just didn't live up to the hype for me.

I don't think it's terrible enough to make it into my "worst" list, but it's definitly on the "biggest waste of time" list. I only saw it because everyone was going on about how hilarious it was. I just thought it was stupid and didn't laugh once (but cringed a few times when they were trying to be funny).

Dedalus Diggle July 12th, 2011 10:54 pm

Hands down Avatar was the worst movie I have ever seen.

Dobson July 12th, 2011 11:06 pm

I saw on Rotten Tomatoes that Green Lantern got like a 26%. I haven't seen it, but I seem to remember that being one that a lot of people wanted to see...

Was it really that bad?

RemusLupinFan July 13th, 2011 2:39 am

Many of the movies listed here are ones I would never see (and have never seen). However, I'd have to list Star Trek: The Motion Picture as one of the worst movies I've seen (not the newest one directed by J.J. Abrams, I'm talking about the first Star Trek movie ever, lest there be any confusion ;) ).

EmmaFernandez July 14th, 2011 12:58 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inigo Imago (Post 5771047)
I have no comment on Twilight. More than anything, I'm not a fan of the book's one-dimentional characterizations so the movie didn't really have much to work with.

I disagree with you on Shattered Glass (to each her own, right?) because I thought it was the only Hayden Christensen movie where his acting wasn't completely terrible. I don't know if you knew it while watching the film, but Shattered Glass is based on a true story of a pathological liar who worked for the New Republic. Glass actually dreamed up complete articles and passed them off as fact--each lie constantly expanding to cover even more lies. All of the article names and storylines in the movie were actual articles published by the magazine.

He completely destroyed his reputation, lost his job and friends. Overall, the movie was an incredibly well-done portrayal of this event. Yes, it's a slow movie (not good for a casual Friday-night movie night), but a solid watch for the storyline itself. Hayden actually nailed the character of Stephen Glass--shocking, I know.

:hmm: I guess i could give it another try i never actualyy finished watching it everyone walked out of the Cinema lol

Fawkesfan1 July 14th, 2011 1:03 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenshi (Post 5769577)
People love Kick *** here. I haven't seen it myself though. Not the kind of movie I like to watch. I expected more from The Sorcerer's Apprentice, but maybe I was just too tired while watching in on a 15 hour bus ride. I love the idea behind National Treasure and I like Cage in general.

Can't think of any movie I really dislike that much that I cringe... so far.

Oh I know! "Don't mess with the Zohan" , "Ace Ventura", "The Mask" and so on... I don't like this kind of humor.

I couldn't stand that one. As for 'The Mask'... :whistle: -- I didn't mind it. It was pretty funny.

One movie I hate to the core though is... 'Dumb and Dumber'...

And one movie my mom hated... was, 'Pocket Money' with Paul Newman in it. She said it was so bad that she walked out of the theatre during it.

Sergio182 July 14th, 2011 7:34 am

Pretty much every 2000's movie is boring and bad plot lines, of course, I'm not including Harry Potter in these.

Coppelia July 14th, 2011 3:37 pm

Arachnophobia - Spiders dodging bullets?! puh-lease.

Erinacchi July 15th, 2011 5:55 pm

I didn't like Inception at all. I always mixed up what was reality and what dream and it got so annoying. My brain doesn't enjoy "difficult" movies like it is.

SBNB July 18th, 2011 5:05 am

Snakes on a Plane, Mystery Men, and Stone are all movies that I hated.

Batsy July 25th, 2011 6:42 am

The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. The newer one, not the old BBC movie with the people in Wolf costumes ( That has charm). I couldn't get over how terrible the main characters were in the movie.

The eldest boy gets commended for killing a wolf that JUMPED ON HIS BLADE! He didn't swing at it, he was just pointing the blade at the wolf. It's a talking Wolf that has already sworn alliance to the ice lady, kill it!

The eldest girl was crabby and while that is a character trait I don't get bothered over about, She was dutifully annoying with her ravenous complaining.

Edward ( I actually remember his name) was a fool for going off with a white ice woman in a land he had never been before with creatures that are known as "Myth" in his world. He then sold his family for Turkish Delight... what a brother.

The youngest was the least annoying she showed heart and hope but didn't really do much else.

I never read the books so don't hate me for not "understanding" the characters. I went and saw it as a moviegoer.