Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Muggle Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=123339)

Fury May 12th, 2011 12:14 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies

I think it is very probable we could see DH Part 2 TV Spots during the marathon.

EmeraldFire512 May 12th, 2011 12:29 am

I just have to say that I really love the uncut versions that they show on ABC family. I watch them as much as I can when they are on and I am home. My parents always roll their eyes and ask me why I bother when I own them all on DVD, and every time I have to explain to them that they show scenes I have never seen before, and since I never have a chance to sit all the way through one, I am always catching new scenes every time that I had missed in previous viewings.

brattyc June 27th, 2011 12:46 pm

Guess what guys, it's that time again!:clap:

A new ABC Family marathon is coming starting on July 7th! All times listed are EST.

Thursday - July 7th - Sorcererís Stone - 7:30 pm-11:00

Friday - July 8th - Sorcererís Stone - 3:30 pm - 7:00
Chamber of Secrets - 7:00 pm - 11:00

Saturday - July 9th - Sorcererís Stone - 9:00 am - 12:30
Chamber of Secrets - 12:30 - 4:30
Prisoner of Azkaban - 4:30 - 7:30
Goblet of Fire - 7:30 - 11:00

Sunday - July 10th - Sorcererís Stone - 7:00 am - 10:30
Chamber of Secrets - 10:30 - 2:30
Prisoner of Azkaban - 2:30 - 5:30
Goblet of Fire - 5:30 - 9:00
Order of Phoenix - 9:00 - 12:00

Hope they show some DH2 goodies this time :)

Fury June 27th, 2011 1:51 pm

Wow... HP Marathon AND Larry King interview with the trio all on my birthday (July 10th). Makes me want to reschedule planned birthday parties. :lol:

MerryLore June 27th, 2011 1:58 pm

Awesome - thanks for posting this!

I love how they show more scenes which were taken out of the movies, even if it does mean commercials for series I have zero interest in.

brattyc June 29th, 2011 8:40 pm

SnitchSeeker has confirmed that there will be new, never before seen DH2 footage added to the marathon :clap: Plus ABC Family will be having an 'Ultimate Fan Contest' :D

I don't know if I'm allow to post this so mods please delete the link if it's not allowed.

Check it out here.

PotterSpell July 23rd, 2011 9:31 pm

ABC is airing "Potions and Pirates" today and tomorrow which includes movies 3, 4, and 5. Their schedule says that right now Order of the Phoenix should be airing after Prisoner of Azkaban but guess they made a mistake since GoF is airing instead.

BubblyShell22 July 23rd, 2011 9:52 pm

Yeah, I saw that ad the other day. I'm sure OOTP will be airing tomorrow or later tonight. I saw that on my guide as well though they kept showing clips for GOF. I'm not watching it though because we're supposed to get storms tonight, and the TV in the other room is unplugged. However, I enjoy watching these HP marathons when I'm in the mood to do so. I'm glad they do this.

MerryLore July 23rd, 2011 9:54 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by PotterSpell (Post 5781216)
ABC is airing "Potions and Pirates" today and tomorrow which includes movies 3, 4, and 5. Their schedule says that right now Order of the Phoenix should be airing after Prisoner of Azkaban but guess they made a mistake since GoF is airing instead.

I noticed that as well.

I love how Family keeps in many of the deleted scenes, such as that awful Hoggy Hoggy Hogwarts song, and Karkaroff confronting Snape during the Yule Ball.

BubblyShell22 July 23rd, 2011 10:09 pm

Yeah, those scenes really add to the movie.

PotterSpell July 23rd, 2011 10:19 pm

I always laugh at the Hogwarts song. Also, abc 7 is airing The Sorcerer's Stone tonight @ 8 (after GoF), so if you're like me and don't care for Pirates you'll flock there at 8. ;) abc Family is also airing PoA, GoF, and OotP tomorrow. :)

CyclonePrefect8 July 23rd, 2011 10:25 pm

They could have come up with a better name than Potions and Pirates like Potter and Pirates. but who cares its on:D

Gryffindormagic July 25th, 2011 11:51 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 (Post 5781246)
Yeah, those scenes really add to the movie.

I do like that the deleted scenes are added but sometimes when I see them I know why they were deleted e.g. that horrible Hogwarts song in GoF!
YICKS! :eeep:

Fawkesfan1 July 26th, 2011 12:29 am

Is it just me, or does ABC Family delete parts of the films? :huh: :hmm: I noticed this while watching the beginning of OOTP. It seemed as if part of the film was cut (being the part where Harry explains to the Dursleys what had happened to Dudley)... I could be wrong on that.

BubblyShell22 July 26th, 2011 12:31 am

I never noticed that, but I'm sure they do that so that it's run in the time allotted. They always have that little notice before the movies.

Sneedis July 26th, 2011 1:16 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 (Post 5782998)
Is it just me, or does ABC Family delete parts of the films? :huh: :hmm: I noticed this while watching the beginning of OOTP. It seemed as if part of the film was cut (being the part where Harry explains to the Dursleys what had happened to Dudley)... I could be wrong on that.

They certainly do. I've noticed early scenes being cut often to save a few seconds here and there.

Fawkesfan1 July 26th, 2011 1:33 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sneedis (Post 5783035)
They certainly do. I've noticed early scenes being cut often to save a few seconds here and there.

That stinks :(. It often makes the film's themselves a little less easy to understand. It went from the attack, to them getting help, back to the Dursleys' and taking Dudley to the hospital for help. It wouldn't make that much sense to someone who hasn't read the series. Without Harry's explaination -- it left things up in the air.

Vashetti July 26th, 2011 12:54 pm

I have the DVD and I was never aware of any scene where Harry actually explains what happened to Dudley... (?)

brattyc October 29th, 2011 10:18 pm

Looks like we may be getting HP marathons 2 months in a row. It was announced earlier that there would be one in December as part of the annual '25 Days of Christmas' but it seems they're having another one starting just before the release of DH2. Zap2it has just started listing the shows...they run 2 weeks in advance so it won't be until late Sunday before the complete schedule will be announced, once it is I'll post it here. I wonder if they'll show HBP then too or if they'll wait until December. They are starting it a day early, on Wednesday November the 9th and usually they start on a Thursday.

eddie330 October 29th, 2011 11:12 pm

Great. I could do with A HP movie marathon.