Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Muggle Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=123339)

ajmrowland January 8th, 2010 4:41 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
I thin some people confuse staying true to the book with almost carbon copy. I just watched PS for the millionth time, and it's just not as good as some latter films. COS is much better, especially with the deleted scenes added back in. GoF is already one of my favorites, and I haven't even seen the extended cut.:p

MasterOfDeath January 8th, 2010 2:33 pm

Re: Harry Potter Weekened on ABC Family THIS Weekend!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack5555 (Post 5479286)
Saturday, December 9th 2010:
8:00 pm: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Sunday, December 10th, 2010:
7:30 pm: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

These are both the extended editions, so set your TiVo's and DVR's now.

It is a shame they are not showing the first two. ABC Family also has the rights for OotP, so we should see it in the near future. Other 2007 movies like Spider Man 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End all debuted in 2009 so we should see it on ABC Family soon.

Dude, that's a year away! :lol: I'm sure ABC family will be re-airing the films long before next winter. :whistle: ;)

Jack5555 January 8th, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: Harry Potter Weekened on ABC Family THIS Weekend!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfDeath (Post 5479606)
Dude, that's a year away! :lol: I'm sure ABC family will be re-airing the films long before next winter. :whistle: ;)

GAH! I meant January. Sorry! I am still in December mode :P I fixed it.

katana January 11th, 2010 4:27 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
I'm watching GOF right now! I liked the school singing the Hogwarts song to the Durmstrang and Beauxbatons teams and DD leading the school in the song :lol: It was funny!

ActingDude17 January 11th, 2010 5:50 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Once you go extended you never go back.

PoFoSho January 18th, 2010 4:56 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
On ABC Family just last weekend they had yet another HP Weekend, and while I watched HP4 I noticed several new-and crazy- scenes that I'm guessing were either deleted or part of the extended edition.
Like when they're at the opening feast in the great hall Dumbledore announces that its time to sing the 'school song' and they all break out into song with hand motions and all, while Dumbledore follows along (like a sing along) with his words on a banner floating in the air. All i have to say about this one is THANK GOD they took it out of the regular version!!
There was also another scene during the Yule Ball where Harry over hears Snap and Karkaroff talking while Snape kicks kids out of carriages (one of which was rocking back and forth when Harry passed it). It was quite, quite strange!

snapes_witch January 18th, 2010 8:46 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PoFoSho (Post 5484308)
There was also another scene during the Yule Ball where Harry over hears Snap and Karkaroff talking while Snape kicks kids out of carriages (one of which was rocking back and forth when Harry passed it). It was quite, quite strange!

In the book Snape was zapping the rose bushes that the kids were (fill in the blanks) behind. I suspose they thought the carriages were more obvious? Reminded me of the car scene with Rose and Jack in Titanic! :lol:

Jack5555 February 4th, 2010 1:49 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
~POTTER ALERT~
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone will be airing on ABC on Saturday, February 6th, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. EST.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets will be airing on ABC on Saturday, February 13th, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. EST.

snapes_witch February 4th, 2010 2:18 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack5555 (Post 5492416)
~POTTER ALERT~
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone will be airing on ABC on Saturday, February 6th, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. EST.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets will be airing on ABC on Saturday, February 13th, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. EST.

Pity they're not the extended versions.

HedwigOwl February 7th, 2010 8:27 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by snapes_witch (Post 5492423)
Pity they're not the extended versions.

Also a pity they snip so much out to make room for commercials....

Jack5555 February 10th, 2010 2:50 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
~POTTER ALERT~
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will air on ABC on Saturday, February 27th at 8:00 p.m. EST. Source.
This hopefully means that we will be seeing it on ABC Family in the near future, and maybe even the extended edition by next year!

Fury February 10th, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack5555 (Post 5495098)
~POTTER ALERT~
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will air on ABC on Saturday, February 7th at 8:00 p.m. EST. Source.
This hopefully means that we will be seeing it on ABC Family in the near future, and maybe even the extended edition by next year!

O.o February 7th passed.... and I missed it? O.O

Jack5555 February 10th, 2010 3:56 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fury (Post 5495099)
O.o February 7th passed.... and I missed it? O.O

27th my bad! I was typing fast. I will fix it!

texan_muggle February 10th, 2010 4:57 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
They did a lot of cutting.

Jack5555 February 10th, 2010 5:05 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by texan_muggle (Post 5495145)
They did a lot of cutting.

Which ones are you specifically talking about?

MasterOfDeath February 10th, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Oh wow, OOTP is finally airing on network TV for the first time! Historic moment! :D

Guys, this is ABC. All Potter movies usually air on ABC first. This is worlds different from ABC family. ABC not only doesn't extend the movie, they chop them up beyond repair. :lol: Don't expect much from this version, BUT this means that OOTP will soon air on ABC family. Probably sometime in the spring. :tu:

Jack5555 February 10th, 2010 8:29 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfDeath (Post 5495216)
Oh wow, OOTP is finally airing on network TV for the first time! Historic moment! :D

Guys, this is ABC. All Potter movies usually air on ABC first. This is worlds different from ABC family. ABC not only doesn't extend the movie, they chop them up beyond repair. :lol: Don't expect much from this version, BUT this means that OOTP will soon air on ABC family. Probably sometime in the spring. :tu:

Well they are giving OotP a 3 hour time slot, and the film is only around 2 hours to begin with so I doubt they will be cutting much :)

ArryGrotter February 10th, 2010 8:29 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
I am surprised how slow it is to make it onto free-to-air TV in the States. It's already played twice here in NZ; once in August last year and once last month. :shrug:

Noldus February 10th, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Do they seriously tamper with them? What a shame...

texan_muggle February 10th, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack5555 (Post 5495149)
Which ones are you specifically talking about?

The SS broadcast last weekend was cut up. Noticeably.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 1:45 am.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Original content is Copyright MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright its respective owners.