Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Muggle Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Ultimate Film Collection Editions etc (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=121501)

Lilleby July 15th, 2009 4:16 pm

Ultimate Film Collection Editions etc

Hey all.
Now that David Heyman has confirmed the Ultimate Collection DVD Editions, what do you want to have on them?

Heyman confirmed:
Sorcerer's Stone:
-Audition tapes of Daniel Radcliffe
-Audition tapes of Emma Watson
-Audition tapes of Rupert Grint

Order of the Phoenix:
-Audition tapes of Evanna Lynch

Half-Blood Prince:
-Audition tapes of Jessie Cave

But again, what do you want?

katana July 15th, 2009 5:09 pm

Re: Ultimate Collection Editions

I want the films to have all the cut footage to be put back in. I love extended versions.
And a lot of the behind of scenes stuff.
I think the audition tapes are a great idea! Can't wait to get these!

NumberEight July 15th, 2009 5:20 pm

The Ultimate Collector's Editions should have three discs. One disc should be the theatrical cut, and one should be the cut with the deleted scenes added in, hopefully with new ones. The third disc should be packed with at least three hours of bonus features. These films should have had extras like the ones in the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition sets. I'm sorry, but the inclusion of audition tapes is not enough to justify the $25.99 Amazon is charging for the first two films, let alone the $35.99 for Blu-Ray. Speaking of the Blu-Ray releases, the transfers for the first two films need to be redone because they look really bad in high definition. It looks no better than DVD.

Wab July 15th, 2009 6:26 pm

Meh. Too many extended versions and director's cuts are self-indulgent and not worth the effort. A few rare exceptions exist but most movies are trimmed for valid reasons. If anything, I would like to see the first two movies more vigorously edited to give them a pace similar to that of the books.

Grymmditch July 15th, 2009 6:39 pm

I want the extended scenes put back in. They didn't add that much time to the movies but provided add'l insight and interaction for the characters and plot.
CoS is already slow paced so it wouldn't really make any difference.
Besides, it sounds like you'll still have choice - theatrical release/extended version.
The more the merrier, I say.
I'm not sure how interesting the auditions will be though. I've found most of the extra features on most HP discs to be pretty lame. So called virtual tours of Hogwarts or Diagon Alley were awkward and extremely, extremely limited. They could've been done so much better. They should've given you free reign of the sets (as much as is possible, that is, considering they are just sets)
Maybe they oughta package the PC version of the corresponding video game with 'em. ;)

harry5678 July 15th, 2009 8:22 pm

Well, two things I'd like to see on the Ultimate Collector's DVD's would be Audio Commentaries and Blooper Reels, Blooper Reels seem far more likely than commentaries (but it'd still be cool if they did commentaries anyways) but seriously, i'm sure the cast would've had som funny moment on the set and messed up some takes. I personally enjoy bloopers, so i'd like to see some from my favorite film series. Auditin tapes actually soud realy awesome to have, just to se what they were like before they wre on screen, to see ow good they actually were that got them picked, and I of course DEFINATELY want extended editions, especially of Order of the Pheonix, i mean WHERE is the rest of Snape's Worst Memory?!?!?

AccioHP July 15th, 2009 10:01 pm

I think the audition tapes would be really cool to see!!
I would like LOTS and LOTS of deleted scenes and extended versions of the movies.
LOTS of behind the scenes stuff.

ArryGrotter July 15th, 2009 10:03 pm

I would only buy these if they were extended.

Otherwise, I'd love commentaries! I know I heard Newell did one for GoF, so why not?!

Lilleby July 15th, 2009 11:03 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArryGrotter (Post 5358875)
I would only buy these if they were extended.

Otherwise, I'd love commentaries! I know I heard Newell did one for GoF, so why not?!

Yes, he did! I so want to hear that!

Actually my dream with be more than one commentary (you know like in Lord of the Rings or PotC: The Curse of the Black Pearl).

As an example here is what commentaries I would like to be on GoF:
-One with Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint
-One with Mike Newell, David Heyman and Patrick Doyle
-One with J. K. Rowling and Steve Kloves
-One with Ralph Fiennes, Michael Gambon, Brendan Gleeson, Gary Oldman, Miranda Richardson, Alan Rickman, Robbie Coltrane, Maggie Smith, Timothy Spall, Warwick Davis, Jason Isaacs, David Tennant, Frances de la Tour, Predrag Bjelac, Robert Hardy, Roger Lloyd-Pack, Mark Williams, Shirley Henderson, Jeff Rawle, Adrian Rawlins, Geraldine Somerville and Jarvis Cocker
-One with Robert Pattinson, Tom Felton, Clémence Poésy, Stanislav Ianevski, Katie Leung, Matthew Lewis, James Phelps, Oliver Phelps, Bonnie Wright, Alfred Enoch and Shefali Chowdhury

Then you could pick the one you want to hear :lol:
And maybe one with the 'could have been' cast and crew...

-One with Alfonso Cuarón, Rowan Atkinson, Rosamund Pike, Heart Evangelista and Julie Walters

It's never gonna happen, but I think it could be cool :p

Many of you say behind the scenes footage, but what behind the scenes footage do you wanna see?

Hysteria July 16th, 2009 1:26 am

I think it'd be pretty cool to see the audition tapes, mostly of the trio.

I wouldn't mind Ultimate Editios like that of Lord Of The Rings. With mine I got collectors figurines (really good ones though) and the movies went forever :lol: I'd rather have the extended versions if they're going to bring this out.

Plus all the usual things: bloopers, trailers, interviews, other promotional stuff, behind the scenes, cut scenes etc.

lcbaseball22 July 16th, 2009 1:34 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLTucker (Post 5358454)
The Ultimate Collector's Editions should have three discs. One disc should be the theatrical cut, and one should be the cut with the deleted scenes added in, hopefully with new ones. The third disc should be packed with at least three hours of bonus features. These films should have had extras like the ones in the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition sets. I'm sorry, but the inclusion of audition tapes is not enough to justify the $25.99 Amazon is charging for the first two films, let alone the $35.99 for Blu-Ray..

I totally agree! :agree: :tu: Yes, I want to see all of the footage that they've been holding back from us...quite possibly for this very reason, this may have been planned for a long time and so they give us a few crappy (IMO) deleted scenes on the DVD and keep all the other good stuff that they couldn't fit into the 2-2.5 hr time limit to entice us to buy the ultimate collection set and milk the franchise for all it's worth. We know they have these scenes...for more on this check out the "OTHER deleted scenes (not on the DVD's)" thread. I will be dissapointed if these "ultimate collection editions" are anything short of LotResque in terms of bonus features and extended/director's cuts of the film.

You guys realize how much the whole box set might cost though?! LotR was what, like $125 for 3 films?

Well, if you buy them all individually at $35 a pop that would be $245 or $280 (depending of it DH is combined or not) I expect the box set will be slightly more cost effective (as they typically are) but still about $200! :wow: So, better start saving up now! :lol: (IF they are worth it)

CountWestwest July 16th, 2009 2:46 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilleby (Post 5358392)
Hey all.

Order of the Phoenix:
-Audition tapes of Evanna Lynch

She supposedly got the part after just one camera test with Dan Radcliffe. It has to be something special. I'll give them a blank check for that one. They can literally name their price. :drool:

leah49 July 16th, 2009 2:48 am

I think Rupert's audition tape will be good. We'll finally get to see the rap that he won't let us hear!

lisalucy July 16th, 2009 2:57 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by katana (Post 5358445)
I want the films to have all the cut footage to be put back in. I love extended versions.
And a lot of the behind of scenes stuff.
I think the audition tapes are a great idea! Can't wait to get these!

I agree! it's always fun to see what didn't make it into the movie!!
I don't know if this has been asked, but does anyone know when the collection is coming out?

Voldemorts8thHorcrux July 16th, 2009 3:52 am

Quote:

The Ultimate Collector's Editions should have three discs. One disc should be the theatrical cut, and one should be the cut with the deleted scenes added in, hopefully with new ones. The third disc should be packed with at least three hours of bonus features. These films should have had extras like the ones in the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition sets. I'm sorry, but the inclusion of audition tapes is not enough to justify the $25.99 Amazon is charging for the first two films, let alone the $35.99 for Blu-Ray. Speaking of the Blu-Ray releases, the transfers for the first two films need to be redone because they look really bad in high definition. It looks no better than DVD.

considering the fact that i originally bought CoS and hte rest of the movies except SS/PS for $18-$20 each, that sounds extremely cost efficient

Lilleby July 16th, 2009 10:56 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by leah49 (Post 5359376)
I think Rupert's audition tape will be good. We'll finally get to see the rap that he won't let us hear!

I don't think it's the rap tape, I think it's reel audition tape with Rupert, David Heyman and others..

dchristen03 July 16th, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Ultimate Film Collection Editions

In a recent interview Rupe said that he had forgotten about his rap. :) I love him so much, and I believe him, but it was his rap for his role! :lol:

I think they should definitely include Dan, Rupe, and Emma's audition though! Even though Rupe doesn't remember his rap, they must've taped the original one! It would be great to watch that! :)

Anyway, I do think that they should definitely add EVERYTHING they cut. In HBP, they cut out alot, I know that. I did not see "I am with you" (Dumbledore's line) even though I've seen it in a trailer. I did not see Snape saying "It's... over" even though I've seen that in a trailer. There's also a HR photo of Ron and Hermione looking up a window, and I've seen that many times, but that did not show up in the movie. Another photo was of Ron smiling at the sunlight (I think it was Love Potion era) but it didn't show up in the movie!

They should definitely make up for this whilst adding it to the Collector's Edition.

RemusLupinFan July 16th, 2009 2:47 pm

Quote:

The Ultimate Collector's Editions should have three discs. One disc should be the theatrical cut, and one should be the cut with the deleted scenes added in, hopefully with new ones. The third disc should be packed with at least three hours of bonus features.

:tu: I agree. If I was to buy a collector's edition, I would ideally like it to follow this scheme. I would definitely be interested to see an extended version of the movies (or at least a selection of deleted scenes), because I'm interested in seeing what was cut out of the movies for lack of time or because the filmmakers went in a different direction. Personally, I have no interest in seeing audition tapes. I like extras that have to do with the making of the movie (such as how the special effects were done) and the experiences of the actors.

MasterVoldemort July 16th, 2009 3:38 pm

deleted scenes in the movie. i love those extended movies :D

Wab July 17th, 2009 1:49 am

While commentaries by writers and directors can be worthwhile (Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright are brilliant) actor commentaries tend to degenerate into pointless anecdotes.

SnakeSinister July 17th, 2009 6:33 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wab (Post 5360934)
While commentaries by writers and directors can be worthwhile (Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright are brilliant) actor commentaries tend to degenerate into pointless anecdotes.

I LOVE audio comentaries.:love: It's so insightful and like the director is right there with you talking about the film with you.

I am saddened that the Harry Potter films never have commentary by the filmmakers. :(

Jack5555 July 17th, 2009 7:08 am

Well I am a sucker for any deluxe sort of DVDs, so I will most likely buy them. But I do REALLY hope they have extended versions of the films with them. Ones we have not seen before, like the rumored clip in GoF when the trio meet up with Sirius in Hogsmeade like they do in the book.

ArryGrotter July 17th, 2009 7:56 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JACK5555 (Post 5361367)
Well I am a sucker for any deluxe sort of DVDs, so I will most likely buy them. But I do REALLY hope they have extended versions of the films with them. Ones we have not seen before, like the rumored clip in GoF when the trio meet up with Sirius in Hogsmeade like they do in the book.

That's definately just a rumour: Gary Oldman was only signed on to GoF for his voice..

Mad_Druid July 17th, 2009 9:03 am

I buy each DVD as it comes out but I won't buy an 'ultimate collection' until all of the films have been released. It seems a bit pointless otherwise :shrug:

NumberEight July 17th, 2009 4:00 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wab (Post 5360934)

Every actor commentary I've heard has been excellent. They have talked about how scenes were filmed, injuries, etc. That stuff is great to learn. In the actor commentary for Tropic Thunder, Robert Downey Jr. stays in character until the credits roll!

Wab July 17th, 2009 5:22 pm

That's the stuff I'm not interested in. As I said, I like a good director/writer commentary which gives an insight into the creative process rather than anecdotes about filming.

harry5678 July 17th, 2009 6:19 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JACK5555 (Post 5361367)

Welp, I never heard any rumors of THAT scene, but I do know of quite a few scenes i've seen or heard of that never made that i'd like to see:

Sorcerer's Stone:
-Harry, Ron, and Hermione take a look at the House Hourglasses. (This was a picture seen on a DVD advertisment in a magizine)

Prisoner of Azkaban:
-There's a brief scene after Ron and Hermione fight about Scabbers and BEFORE they meet Hagrid down at the lake. Harry gets a little mad at them for arguing, and says they need to meet Hagrid and support him or something, then they go to his hut and he's not there, so then they end up finding him by the lake. (A picture of this scene, alng with a brief description was in a Day-by-Day Calender for PoA)

Goblet of Fire:
-Ron saying "I love it when they do that." Hermione asking "Do what?" and Ron replying "You know." in that daised voice. (This was seen in a trailer and in some B-Roll footage)
-Harry's CUT Second attempt at opening the egg. He's in the dormitory, in bed, and everyone else is sleeping so he tried it again, in complete silence, and it makes the same screeching noise, waking everyone else up. (This was seen in a trailer as well as a released promotional image)
-The PROPER explanation of Priori Encantatum (sorry if i misspelled it) that takes place between Harry and Dumbledore out on a Balcony RIGHT AFTER Dumbledore begins to pull Harry out of Mad-Eye's office saying he's never had much time for heroes. (This was seen on the front and back of one of those "Scene Cards" for Goblet of Fire. I have no earthly idea WHY it was cut)
-The Waterfall Scene (This too was seen on GoF's day-by-day calender)

Order of the Phoenix:
-SNAPE'S WORST MEMORY
-And the other half hour that was lobbed off the film, not a 2 minute deleted scene of Emma Thompson eating during Umbridge's Speech.

Half-Blood Prince:
-"It's over" said by Snape
-"If you take that you'll be paying for it in more than Galleons my friend! We've got eyes in the back of our heads!" in Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.

Those are the only unused scene's I can think of at the moment, and I woul like it if they had a FILMMAKER'S commentary and a CAST commentary then those who like one or the other will have a choice! and yes, normally for actual features I'd prefer some Behind-the-scene "How we did this!" stuff. Sorcerer's Stone of Chamber of Secrets had NOTHING of the sort. All these DVD's could've been (and hopefully WILL be) alot cooler if they just had som more special features on them.

LotusBlossom July 18th, 2009 11:36 am

Like many of you I would like the extended versions of the movies. Commentaries would be wonderful as well and maybe the audition tapes for some of the other actors like Tom, Alan, etc.

Lilleby July 18th, 2009 11:54 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LotusBlossom (Post 5362767)
Like many of you I would like the extended versions of the movies. Commentaries would be wonderful as well and maybe the audition tapes for some of the other actors like Tom, Alan, etc.

I don't think the adult 'star-actors' did auditions that way...(:

LotusBlossom July 18th, 2009 12:00 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilleby (Post 5362772)

Oh darn! Thanks for the info though. I would think they would be quite interesting, especially Alan's.

Auror Fett July 18th, 2009 12:26 pm

The extended/Director's Cut editions are a must, no question. Anything else is fine but I want those above all else.

FlamingRed July 20th, 2009 7:17 pm

Wow...I have fallen right into the marketing trap...

I never even thought about extended/special/ultimate/collector's editions....I have been buying the DVD's (usually the two-disk editions) as they have come out, and come to think of it I was a little miffed by how little extra content there was, even on the special editions. But I never thought about what WB really wants: us to buy each DVD as it comes out, then fork over another $100+ for the big fat versions eventually :grumble:

That being said, I probably will end up doing exactly what they want me to do and giving them the most money possible. In that case, I will hope for deleted scenes, commentary, behind the scenes stuff -- the usual ;)

Willz July 21st, 2009 10:19 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilleby (Post 5362772)

I read somewhere that Tom Felton auditioned for Ron Weasley at first. That would be interesting to see.

Jack5555 July 21st, 2009 3:08 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArryGrotter (Post 5361420)
That's definately just a rumour: Gary Oldman was only signed on to GoF for his voice..

That is why I specified the word rumor in my post.
But anyways, don't we have confirmation of a Care of Magical Creatures scene in OotP that was shot, but not included?

Lilleby July 23rd, 2009 9:36 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack5555 (Post 5366803)
That is why I specified the word rumor in my post.
But anyways, don't we have confirmation of a Care of Magical Creatures scene in OotP that was shot, but not included?

Yes, there was a set report somewhere. The scene with Hagrid showing the Thestrals and the Ministry's attack on McGonagall was both filmed!

usaquidditch July 25th, 2009 11:59 pm

cast commentaries and cast reflections

Klio July 26th, 2009 12:38 am

I think we MUST finally get an extended interview with Alan Rickman. He has always refused to talk about his take on Snape 'so as not to spoil the end'. Well, once DH is done, that excuse is no longer valid.

I'd be extremely surprised if they did extended cuts for all HP films, or any except perhaps the Yates ones, and even that would surprise me.

To make a proper extended cut, you have to bring the director back, you have to write extra bits of score, you have to get the orchestra to record the score, you have to do post-production work on all the added scenes. In addition, you might need to bring the actors back for any ADR that's needed on dialogue - in the case of the earlier Potters they'd have to find a new young voice cast for the kids!

Occasionally a director gets the chance to do that on one movie (Scott for Blade Runner, but that's obviously a real classic, and a rare examples where extra SFX and so forth were done; both George Lucas and Peter jackson have their very own SFX houses, which makes things a lot easier). In any case, HP would be on quite a big scale, if you want a real extended edition with the extra scenes cut in seamlessly.

With LotR it was a lot easier, because they were producing the first two while everyone was still on set, and the SFX team was there, using slightly 'slower' times in the production year to do the additional SFX shots. The actors would also have been there for ADR, the composer was on hand, ahd they'd be hiring the musicians anyway for the next score. Only RotK needed some extra resources which wouldn't have been there anyway, but I guess they may have done some of the extended stuff already while editing the theatrical cut.

Moreover, in the case of LotR, many extras were specifically prepared while the production was going on, and they were also mostly shot while everyone was around. This wasn't standard back in 2001, so I doubt that Columbus would have produced a lot of really good special extras material (though they may well have stuff that's useable) - not sure about Cuaron, either.... Let's hope that Yates has done a bit more. After all, by now this is pretty much standard.....

But I wouldn't get my hopes up for really spectacular new extras for the earlier films..... or real extended movies, with scenes cut in seamlessly. It sounds like a lot of effort and extra expense, and I can't quite see that they'd go for THAT much of a risk, merely for a new box set?

lcbaseball22 July 26th, 2009 12:48 am

At the least they could give us a DVD version of the films as they are run on ABC Family (with the deleted scenes edited back in) and some additional deleted scenes seperately on the DVD. I wouldn't care if the footage was completely finished or not...quite often the deleted scenes included on DVD's aren't finished. I know I've watched quite a few (typically smaller budget films) where post production isn't done.

usaquidditch July 26th, 2009 2:59 pm

does anyone know when the Collections will come out?

Klio July 26th, 2009 3:18 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 (Post 5371803)
At the least they could give us a DVD version of the films as they are run on ABC Family (with the deleted scenes edited back in) and some additional deleted scenes seperately on the DVD. I wouldn't care if the footage was completely finished or not...quite often the deleted scenes included on DVD's aren't finished. I know I've watched quite a few (typically smaller budget films) where post production isn't done.

I am sure that ought to be possible: lots of DVD extras have the additional scenes separately, and sometimes not entirely finished ones, as well, if the acting and/or dialogue is good anyway. It would just look quite odd to actually edit them into the film. Although some directors are very picky about that (in spite of its completest SEE DVDs there are even some known scenes from LotR which have never seen the light of day GRRR).

I wonder, though whether it would be possible to have extra scenes and somehow organise the DVD in a way so you can choose to watch them in their place if you'd like to. That should be possible even with existing DVD technology (although the menu options might be a bit clunky, or you'd have to click the remote especially to stop the film and add the scene in). In BluRay it should be a lot easier, though....

LC, do you know how the ABC extended versions were achieved? What do they look like? How much additional stuff is there? And who did that? Were these edited at the time the cinema edit was achieved? I can't quite see a TV company getting this done?

Obviously, if there are already extended cuts then that should definitely be included, and if would be difficult to see any reason for not doing so!

lcbaseball22 July 26th, 2009 3:37 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klio (Post 5372455)
I am sure that ought to be possible: lots of DVD extras have the additional scenes separately, and sometimes not entirely finished ones, as well, if the acting and/or dialogue is good anyway. It would just look quite odd to actually edit them into the film. Although some directors are very picky about that (in spite of its completest SEE DVDs there are even some known scenes from LotR which have never seen the light of day GRRR).

I wonder, though whether it would be possible to have extra scenes and somehow organise the DVD in a way so you can choose to watch them in their place if you'd like to. That should be possible even with existing DVD technology (although the menu options might be a bit clunky, or you'd have to click the remote especially to stop the film and add the scene in). In BluRay it should be a lot easier, though....

LC, do you know how the ABC extended versions were achieved? What do they look like? How much additional stuff is there? And who did that? Were these edited at the time the cinema edit was achieved? I can't quite see a TV company getting this done?

Obviously, if there are already extended cuts then that should definitely be included, and if would be difficult to see any reason for not doing so!

Yeah, that would be cool. I'm trying to remember a film for which the DVD gives you this option...for some reason one of the Bourne films is coming to mind. You can either watch the theatrical version or choose to watch a version with the deleted scenes edited in.

As for the ABC extended versions, I have no idea really. I guess you've never seen em, huh? (is ABC Family just a US channel?) They're great, essentially what they are is just the deleted scenes from the DVD's edited into their appropriate places in the film and far as I can tell, it looks like the scenes are finished and all. I honestly think (and hope) that WB had thoughts of extended editions from the start practically and they've been in the making. Perhaps they have done post production on these deleted scenes along the way even. If that is the case, they obviously wouldn't tell us because then they couldn't milk the franchise as much as possible...everyone would just hold off and buy the extended edition box set after all is said and done. But as it is right now, ever since the 3rd or 4th film they've been releasing these incomplete box sets with a few gimicky extras and people are buying them. Personally I'm waiting till all the films are done to see what the best they have in store for us is. They'd really be quite stupid not to do something big like LotR, they'd make plenty of profit :tu:

Klio July 26th, 2009 4:17 pm

Indeed. But still depends whether they have the material. As I said, for LotR they started preparing the material from the very beginning (even some time before actual shooting started). Peter Jackson is a complete DVD Geek, so he was keen on that. It just wasn't usual back in 2000/2001, so I'd be curious whether Columbus would have done anything of the sort, and the first two would be most difficult to redo now, I'd assume..

Are there ABC versions of PS/SS and COS as well? I'd be less surprised if they had started doing this around the time POA was made, or at the latest with GOF, when it really became a lot more common.

ABC is a US channel, I think, but since I don't really have a TV I have no idea whether people get it over satellite here, or whether ABC (or WB) has sold on the versions to other channels.

I can't remember, either, where I have come across a DVD whwere you could decide to watch extras (not scenes, I think, but technically there isn't a difference) at certain points in the film. I remember that you could choose to turn on the feature, and at times a symbol would become visible, you click that, and it would insert the extra feature and then go back to the movie where it left off.

I'd certainly like to have extra scenes presented in this way, if at all possible. - and that even if they don't have all the post-production done on them.

lcbaseball22 July 26th, 2009 4:44 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klio (Post 5372507)
Indeed. But still depends whether they have the material. As I said, for LotR they started preparing the material from the very beginning (even some time before actual shooting started). Peter Jackson is a complete DVD Geek, so he was keen on that. It just wasn't usual back in 2000/2001, so I'd be curious whether Columbus would have done anything of the sort, and the first two would be most difficult to redo now, I'd assume..

Are there ABC versions of PS/SS and COS as well? I'd be less surprised if they had started doing this around the time POA was made, or at the latest with GOF, when it really became a lot more common.

ABC is a US channel, I think, but since I don't really have a TV I have no idea whether people get it over satellite here, or whether ABC (or WB) has sold on the versions to other channels.

I can't remember, either, where I have come across a DVD whwere you could decide to watch extras (not scenes, I think, but technically there isn't a difference) at certain points in the film. I remember that you could choose to turn on the feature, and at times a symbol would become visible, you click that, and it would insert the extra feature and then go back to the movie where it left off.

I'd certainly like to have extra scenes presented in this way, if at all possible. - and that even if they don't have all the post-production done on them.

Well, it's not a question of whether or not they have the material. We KNOW they do (check out the "Other Deleted Scenes (NOT on the DVD)" thread for more info)...unless they simply trashed all the extra footage afterwards. And we know original cut of OotP was over 3 hrs.

So it wouldn't require any reshoots or the respective director or anything, they surely have plenty of footage in the vault, only a small portion of which we know of. It's like you said before, whether or not they're able to (or already have done) post production on the footage. Personally I'd rather see the footage un-finished than not at all. Like we know they filmed scenes with Peeves...I'd LOVE to see this.

Ok, the ABC extended versions. Yes, in fact so far the only ones that have been aired extended far as I know are PS/SS, CoS, and PoA. They've said on a couple different occasions they'd do GoF as well, but thusfar I believe we've only seen the normal theatrical version on ABC Family so not sure what is going on there. I suppose it's possible ABC Family took the time to put these together (not WB), I don't know

Wab July 26th, 2009 4:55 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auror Fett (Post 5362788)
The extended/Director's Cut editions are a must, no question. Anything else is fine but I want those above all else.

That is of course assuming that the director's aren't happy with the theatrical releases.

Klio July 26th, 2009 4:56 pm

That is intriguing to hear that ABC might have done these. I'd love to know how this comes about. Is ABC in some way related to WB? There are only two or three HUGE media conglomerates, so it isn't entirely impossible. But usually the director surely would have to have a say, too. Very intriguing indeed.

By the way, was Peeves cast or supposed to be CGI? If the latter, the likelihood of seeing those scenes diminishes considerably, because they won't easily develop a complete CGI character just for extras, and the empty passes won't look very good. If they have shots of an actor doing it, even if they aren't properly finished, the chances are a lot better.

... and in all cases I was talking about scenes which are already shot. I am not talking about doing scenes that were never filmed. But filming is just the first step. If you have filmed it and the sound is reasonable you can put it on a list of additional scenes, but it's less likely to be cut in, because that costs a lot of extra cash (which is why I am so intrigued about the ABC versions).

How much additional stuff is there in the ABC versions?

lcbaseball22 July 26th, 2009 5:19 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klio (Post 5372549)
That is intriguing to hear that ABC might have done these. I'd love to know how this comes about. Is ABC in some way related to WB? There are only two or three HUGE media conglomerates, so it isn't entirely impossible. But usually the director surely would have to have a say, too. Very intriguing indeed.

By the way, was Peeves cast or supposed to be CGI? If the latter, the likelihood of seeing those scenes diminishes considerably, because they won't easily develop a complete CGI character just for extras, and the empty passes won't look very good. If they have shots of an actor doing it, even if they aren't properly finished, the chances are a lot better.

... and in all cases I was talking about scenes which are already shot. I am not talking about doing scenes that were never filmed. But filming is just the first step. If you have filmed it and the sound is reasonable you can put it on a list of additional scenes, but it's less likely to be cut in, because that costs a lot of extra cash (which is why I am so intrigued about the ABC versions).

How much additional stuff is there in the ABC versions?

As I said, take all of the deleted scenes included on the DVD's (pretty sure it's all of them anyways) and throw them back in where they belong and you have the ABC Family versions. My favorite extended film is CoS, cause I feel that DVD had the best deleted scenes. In that case of that one, I think it's like 17 deleted scenes (which is the most deleted scenes contained on any Potter DVD's), if I recall correctly :hmm:

As for Peeves, they had cast Rik Mayall

Oh, and there are 4 or 5 major media conglomerates I think. At least there was when I took a media class a few years ago...perhaps there have been mergers since then. And interestingly enough, ABC is actually owned by Walt Disney corportation...a RIVAL, so that's odd :hmm:

Also, I really don't think it's too difficult or expensive to add the scenes back in. Hell, Aaron made his own versions using home editing software! I didn't notice any difference really from the ABC versions. It's quite easy to do as long as there is an appropriate spot

SiriusBlack101 July 26th, 2009 5:37 pm

OOTP certainly has a lot of extra stuff that was filmed but not included in the theatrical version of the film. Since Yates is on for the final two films, there seems to be a decent chance he could make a director's cut of the film to include some of these scenes back into the movie.

Klio July 26th, 2009 5:52 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 (Post 5372576)
Also, I really don't think it's too difficult or expensive to add the scenes back in. Hell, Aaron made his own versions using home editing software! I didn't notice any difference really from the ABC versions. It's quite easy to do as long as there is an appropriate spot

If postproduction is done, and the sound is fine, then that's reasonably doable, otherwise it's particularly tricky in CGI heavy films (although even those will have scenes where little CGI are needed). Most scenes will need at least colour grading, but that is reasonably easy to do these days. The only thing you then need to do is to get the soundtrack right. You can use bits of existing soundtrack, or you can hope (in a dialogue scene) that you won't need a soundtrack, I suppose.

lcbaseball22 July 26th, 2009 5:56 pm

I am finding it very intriguing that ABC is actually owned by Disney. I'm pretty sure I knew this already but I had forgotten.

So how the extended editions came about and why ABC airs these WB films, I don't know :hmm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klio (Post 5372621)
If postproduction is done, and the sound is fine, then that's reasonably doable, otherwise it's particularly tricky in CGI heavy films (although even those will have scenes where little CGI are needed). Most scenes will need at least colour grading, but that is reasonably easy to do these days. The only thing you then need to do is to get the soundtrack right. You can use bits of existing soundtrack, or you can hope (in a dialogue scene) that you won't need a soundtrack, I suppose.

Oh, I'm just referring to the ABC Family ones. The footage is the deleted scenes on the DVD, which from what I remember is all finished material. So really all WB (or ABC) had to do was insert the scenes in at the appropriate locations, which is very easily done.

For extra deleted scenes of course this would be more difficult depending of whether or not post production on such scenes is finished

harry5678 July 26th, 2009 6:17 pm

Kilo I remember you saying something about some problems doing ADR, as the actors are so much older. I personally don't think this is a problem, because on a Cast Commentary of Bridge to Terabithia, Josh Hutcherson (who plays the character Jesse in the movie) said that when he came in to do the ADR on the movie it was months after shooting finished, and by that time his voice had gotten alot deeper, so the ADR deepened the voice that was on the film to match the tone of his voice now, then after he recorded his new dialogue, the ADR guy pushed the tone of the film voice back up to normal and he hightened the pitch of Josh's voice now, the same amount, and then MAGIC! The new dialogue matched the film's dialogue seamlessly! So, i think they can get ADR to work okay, as for recording additional score, David Yates said on the HbP soundtrack that Nicholas Hooper had written and recorded ALOT more than could appear in the movie, who's to say the other films don't have extra scorings kept away somewhere? And i know that the deleted scenes on the first two movies and the last two movies are finished, as in two, 2 of them involve the Flying Car and a scene with Dobby and the floating cake. And i believe the only actual unfinished scenes were on the PoA dvd, and that was the Common Room scene (the Moving Paintings were still blue-screened) and the Knight Bus Scene (again, blue screen backgrounds were still there, which shouldn't be that hard to put it) and Goblet of Fire had a whole additional music sequence with the Weird Sister at the Yule Ball. And we know in Order of the Phoenix that they filmed alot more than what appeared in the movie, and we just know that WB wanted it shorter, so we don't really know how far they got with scoring for this extra material or the vfx for that material we just know it was three hours + and got cut down, we don't know how far they got with it though. I hope that some of what I said is right, but then again, i'm probably being to hopeful, but that's what i think. Lol. I hope that at the VERY least we get the ABC versions along with even MORE additional scenes as extras. and it'd be awesome if we could get really In-depth behind the scenes looks as well.

CandyCane23049 July 26th, 2009 6:57 pm

How does Amazon pre-order work? Do they charged your card before it's shipped out or after it's shipped?

I also think Yates said that Matt Lewis and Alfie Enoches will have something special on HBP. They interviewed cast mates and the different departments on the set.

NumberEight July 26th, 2009 7:06 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandyCane23049 (Post 5372718)
How does Amazon pre-order work? Do they charged your card before it's shipped out or after it's shipped?

They charge you when the order is shipped.

AccioHP July 26th, 2009 7:30 pm

Does anyone know when they are coming out?
On amazon it doesnt have a date.

CandyCane23049 July 26th, 2009 7:34 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLTucker (Post 5372734)
They charge you when the order is shipped.

Thanks. I'll wait to pre-order since they haven't got a date released yet.

diadem July 27th, 2009 7:48 pm

On Amazon, the little banner at the bottom of SS says "creating the world" and for CoS it says "creating the characters".

Does this mean that the special features are not going to be movie-specific?

Lord Godric July 28th, 2009 3:49 am

Are the only two that are actually available for pre-order the first two?

NumberEight July 28th, 2009 4:13 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Godric (Post 5374533)
Are the only two that are actually available for pre-order the first two?

Yeah. Personally I wouldn't pre-order it or buy it until you read reviews. Is it worth $25.99? I can tell you with experience that a lot of 2-disc special editions are not even worth the usual $22.99 price tag.

PrOxY July 29th, 2009 1:13 am

As many have stated, it would be ideal to include ALL of the scenes that went into the directors original vision (not cut for time). That usually adds 25-35 minutes to the commercial release, and would definitely be worth the dough! Commercial releases like "Blade Runner" & "Apocalypse now" seem butchered once you have seen the Directors cuts.

IenjoyAcidPops July 29th, 2009 6:28 am

Foremost, it would be great if all of the deleted scenes were provided. Second, I would love to hear audio commentaries - particularly if Kloves (and Goldenberg - participated. In actual news, the Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets Ultimate Collector's Editions are up for pre-order on Amazon.

Sesquipedalian August 7th, 2009 4:38 pm

The most that I would wish for the films' distributor to include in future DVD releases would be audio commentaries by the directors, such as Alfonso Cuarón and David Yates, especially one by the former. From what I am able to recall, Cuarón always gave interviewers interesting comments regarding the process of adapting J.K. Rowling's world for the cinema, and I would love to hear more of them. In addition, the second disk of my copy of Prisoner of Azkaban no longer works, and I am thus unable to access any of the documentaries that feature his filmmaking insights; with a new, "Ultimate Special Edition" DVD, I could once again listen to his wonderful thoughts about adaptive creativity and cinematography. As for Yates, he appears to be quite a fan of the novels, and I would love to hear him discuss the hardships that occur during the process of cutting large amounts of the book to create an acceptable film.

Without commentaries, I would see no reason to purchase newer DVD copies of the films. As far as deleted scenes go, I think that the theatrical versions of the Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix films suffice, though I would not mind it if Warner Brothers included some of the forty-five minutes of Order of the Phoenix that they requested David Yates and his crew to cut; as for Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets, let me simply say that I would prefer versions that actually had less material in them than their theatrical versions. There are enough featurettes on the production of the films on the older releases, and I therefore see no reason to include even more in future ones. Bloopers do nothing to interest me, nor do audience tapes; director commentaries are the only new features that would sell these upcoming "Ultimate Special Editions" for me.

KlausBaudelaire August 8th, 2009 11:28 pm

Mike Newell made a commentary for GoF DVD back in 2005 he said, of course such commentary was never heard.
Hopefully they all have been recorded for the ultimate collectors edition.

cathairetic August 9th, 2009 3:51 pm

All the scenes that were cut from the original releases must be restored. I think it is the American TV channel Fox Family that shows the films with all cuts restored. That's the way I want to see all the films.

harry5678 August 9th, 2009 5:52 pm

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/573...epstakes01.jpg

:O How many discs are these things going to be?!?!?! That's like as thick as the Years 1-3 Set! And it has SIX discs in it! I'm quite sure they wouldn't make it THAT thick, because they felt like it. So what do you guys think? Any possibility that these could be bigger than just another 2-Disc set? Gah, i was figuring just a revamped 2-Disc set, but that looks like a 4-Disc Set (Unless it's been photoshopped to be that thick and i just a normal DVD 2-Disc, but i sincerely hope not! If it is a 3- or even 4-Disc set, what all do you guys think it might include?!?! I mean these are the dvd's which had the LEAST features of the series (other than Order of the Pheonix) so if they revamped the first two dvds THAT much, i wonder what the other movies will look like!

Noldus August 9th, 2009 6:00 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry5678 (Post 5387566)
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/573...epstakes01.jpg

:O How many discs are these things going to be?!?!?! That's like as thick as the Years 1-3 Set! And it has SIX discs in it! I'm quite sure they wouldn't make it THAT thick, because they felt like it. So what do you guys think? Any possibility that these could be bigger than just another 2-Disc set? Gah, i was figuring just a revamped 2-Disc set, but that looks like a 4-Disc Set (Unless it's been photoshopped to be that thick and i just a normal DVD 2-Disc, but i sincerely hope not! If it is a 3- or even 4-Disc set, what all do you guys think it might include?!?!

Let's hope it's a 4-Disc set:D
I don't think they'll add all the deleted scenes in this collection. They'll probably save some scenes and features to a later publication.

harry5678 August 9th, 2009 6:08 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noldus (Post 5387582)
Let's hope it's a 4-Disc set:D
I don't think they'll add all the deleted scenes in this collection. They'll probably save some scenes and features to a later publication.

Welp maybe perhaps they'll be the extended versions that we see on ABC Family AND they'll have new deleted scenes put on seperately or something, THAT would be cool. Or maybe they have a Theatrical Version of the film, an Extended Version, and some discs of Speical Features.

Hysteria August 9th, 2009 7:40 pm

I really love the packaging for these- it's really well done. I only own the first two films on dvd so I'd probably buy all of these ultimate editions one day- provided they're worth the extra money.

CrazyMuggle August 11th, 2009 6:11 pm

Wow those sets are HUGE! I'm already crossing my fingers that they include the extended cuts (an option between extended and theatrical would be awesome). I guess we won't know until next month......:drool:

blak_cat August 11th, 2009 6:17 pm

I can't wait for these! The covers look awesome. Apart from the possibility of added interviews I'm hoping one of those many discs include a director's cut. I'd love to see the deleted scenes put back in and maybe some deleted scenes we haven't seen before (like the cut scene of Snape's memory in OotP).

LindaZhu August 11th, 2009 6:22 pm

i've decided i'm going to wait until the last DH film is out before splurging, big time, on an Ultimate Collector's Edition of all the movies, and maybe some newer copies of the books (mine are old and tattered). but does anyone know how much the Collector's Editions are going to cost?

lovehedwig August 11th, 2009 6:40 pm

I'm glad I didn't spend money on the DVDs. Now I might be able to afford the ultimate film collection. :lol:
It looks amazing...and really thick. I'm excited for all the additional material included with a re-mastered version of the movie, right? Whatever is in the collection, I'm dying to have it. :D

blak_cat August 11th, 2009 6:43 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaZhu (Post 5389394)
i've decided i'm going to wait until the last DH film is out before splurging, big time, on an Ultimate Collector's Edition of all the movies, and maybe some newer copies of the books (mine are old and tattered). but does anyone know how much the Collector's Editions are going to cost?

It's gonna cost $50.00 a movie (the pre-order knocks $15 off). And I'm actually tempted to wait as well. I'm hoping for some sort of box set when they all come out.

harry5678 August 13th, 2009 4:31 am

Woo! Guys, Leaky Confirmed that the EXTENDED versions of all the hp movies, are being planned for a DVD release (Weither this is the same edition as on ABC Fmaily isn't known yet) but perhaps they'll be on the Ultimate Collector's Sets!!! Here's the article:

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...-more-possible

Hysteria August 13th, 2009 4:42 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by blak_cat (Post 5389418)
It's gonna cost $50.00 a movie (the pre-order knocks $15 off). And I'm actually tempted to wait as well. I'm hoping for some sort of box set when they all come out.

That's what I'm doing. I bought PS/CoS when they came out, but not the others. I'm thinking once all 8 are out they'll do some amazing box set :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by harry5678 (Post 5390748)
Woo! Guys, Leaky Confirmed that the EXTENDED versions of all the hp movies, are being planned for a DVD release (Weither this is the same edition as on ABC Fmaily isn't known yet) but perhaps they'll be on the Ultimate Collector's Sets!!! Here's the article:

If those are on the ultimate editions, that'd be enough for me to buy theme. If they really are going to be $50 each, they need to be really outstanding, especially considering you can get OotP for about 15 these days.

CrazyMuggle August 13th, 2009 5:21 am

Quote:

Awesome news! Thanks for the link!

NumberEight August 13th, 2009 5:22 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hysteria (Post 5390760)
That's what I'm doing. I bought PS/CoS when they came out, but not the others. I'm thinking once all 8 are out they'll do some amazing box set :D

Don't bet on it. They'll probably do something similar to what was done with the books, that is, releasing them in a cardboard chest.

They better leave out the stupid "Trelawney during the opening feast" deleted scene in OotP if they add the deleted scenes in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blak_cat (Post 5389418)

Where are you getting this $50 figure? The price of the DVD and Blu-Ray editions are $25.99 and $34.99 respectively on Amazon.

Hysteria August 13th, 2009 5:35 am

^ I'm staying optimistic. I really think they'll do something interesting with the films.

lovehedwig August 13th, 2009 5:53 am

Quote:

Ah, thank you for the link. I hope it's not like the ABC family one, since the additional scenes were just deleted scenes from the DVD added into the movie. Hopefully some brand new spanking footage? I don't want to get my hopes up TOO high though. :lol: But I'll definitely be putting it on my Christmas list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLTucker (Post 5390751)
They better leave out the stupid "Trelawney during the opening feast" deleted scene in OotP if they add the deleted scenes in.

I thought it was actually funny...for about the first 30 seconds. Then, it just dragged on and on and I felt very uncomfortable watching 15 minutes of her just eating and acting drunk.

I think maybe the "extended" edition might be a commentary, with a clip of one of the actors saying something about the scene.
I really don't know what to expect, except that it's going to be expensive. :p

LordThingy August 13th, 2009 6:37 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLTucker (Post 5390790)
Don't bet on it. They'll probably do something similar to what was done with the books, that is, releasing them in a cardboard chest.

Where are you getting this $50 figure? The price of the DVD and Blu-Ray editions are $25.99 and $34.99 respectively on Amazon.

I LOVED the trelawney scene. i was laughing so hard the entire time, it was brilliant.

Sesquipedalian September 17th, 2009 9:02 pm

New information regarding the Ultimate Collectors Editions: http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-po...secrets-68233/.

Dear Merlin, I'm on top of news today!:p

DarkLord7 September 17th, 2009 9:21 pm

I want to see peeves!!!

cathairetic September 17th, 2009 10:07 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noldus

If they don't include the deleted scenes I am not buying this set.

MasterOfDeath September 17th, 2009 10:42 pm

Wow, they are really milking this product and tricking the fans so many times...

I rather they waited until they created an ultimate ultimate edition rather than tempt us with half-ultimate DVD's...

The DVDs sound tempting, but I'm going to wait and see how good they are. If they are just the ABC Family editions, I probably won't buy them since I have the ABC versions recorded on my DVR.

CrazyMuggle September 17th, 2009 11:29 pm

AWESOME:tu::tu: We're finally getting extended editions! Great news :drool:

IenjoyAcidPops September 18th, 2009 12:35 am

Obviously these aren't "ultimate" editions, but that word is always a misnomer anyway (I lost count of how many ultimate editions there have been of Terminator 2 and the Evil Dead movies), but these releases do sound really very good, better than I'd expected: an 8-part documentary, new featurettes, two versions of the films, screen tests, it's tempting alright. (Also, it's very smart of WB to include a DVD with the 3-disc Blu-ray set - Disney's currently doing the same and I wish more studios would.)

lcbaseball22 September 18th, 2009 10:45 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IenjoyAcidPops (Post 5420193)
Obviously these aren't "ultimate" editions, but that word is always a misnomer anyway (I lost count of how many ultimate editions there have been of Terminator 2 and the Evil Dead movies), but these releases do sound really very good, better than I'd expected: an 8-part documentary, new featurettes, two versions of the films, screen tests, it's tempting alright. (Also, it's very smart of WB to include a DVD with the 3-disc Blu-ray set - Disney's currently doing the same and I wish more studios would.)

Yep, definitely. There are a LOT of special features and it is tempting, but I've made up my mind to wait until the films are completely finished and buy the whole box set. One reason simply being that I don't have a blu-ray player yet but expect I will by 2012. The other being that from the description of how much footage is added for the extended editions I can tell that it's likely just the ABC Family versions. :shrug:

I'm holding out for "never before seen" footage :p I'm confused as to what all these "deleted scenes" listings are though (see underlined)

Quote:

Sorcerer's Stone:

DISC 1: Theatrical Version
DISC 2: Extended Version with 7 Minutes of Footage Not Shown in Theatres.
DISC 3:
- Diagon Alley
- Tour the Gryffindor Common Room, Harry's Room and the Great Hall - Welcome to the self-guided tour of Hogwarts, home of witches and wizards in training, and take in the sights.
- Classrooms:
- Defense Against the Dark Arts; Spells and Charms; Potions; Transfiguration; Third Floor Corridor; Deleted Scenes.
- Sorting Hat
- Library
- Gallery of Art & Architecture
- Hogwarts Yearbook
- Guide to Ghosts - Discover the many marvelous and mysterious ghosts of Hogwarts.
- Hogwarts Grounds
- Quaffle and Bludger - Get a lesson from Oliver Wood on how to play Quidditch.
- Tour Hagrid's Hut - Welcome to the self-guided tour of Hagrid's Hut, home of Rubeus Hagrid, the Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts, and his faithful companion, Fang.
- Extra Credit
- Interview - Capturing the Stone: A Conversation with the Filmmakers - Director Chris Columbus, Producer David Heyman, Screenwriter
Steve Kloves and Production Designer Stuart Craig talk about casting and bringing the novel to life.
DISC 4:
- Introduction by Daniel Radcliffe - An introduction to the many special features for the Harry Potter films [NEW]
- Creating the World of Harry Potter, Part 1: The Magic Begins - Discover the story of how one vision for the Harry Potter films came together out of limitless possibilities to create the visual world we have come to know and love. [NEW]
- A Glimpse Into the World of Harry Potter 2001 International TV Special
- Deleted Scenes
- Trailers and TV Spots
DISC 5
- Digital Copy of Theatrical Film
- In-Movie Experience with Director Chris Columbus: An interactive viewer experience where the entire film is examined; includes PiP, Storyboard Comparisons, Still Galleries (Blu-ray only)
- WB Maximum Movie Mode picture-in-picture programming, cast walk-ons, focus points, graphics and more. (Blu-ray only)
- BD Live with access to worldwide events, special guest participants, community features and more. (Blu-ray only)
Quote:

Chamber of Secrets:

DISC 1: Theatrical Version
DISC 2: Extended Version with 13 Minutes of Footage Not Shown in Theatres.
DISC 3:
- Deleted Scenes
- Lockhart's Classroom
- Photo Gallery
- Certificates - Have a look at Gilderoy Lockhart's many achievements.
- Required Reading - Find out what text books you'll need for Lockhart's Defense Against the Dark Arts class.
- Extra Credit
- Behind Hogwarts
- A Conversation with J.K. Rowling and Steve Kloves - The author and screenwriter detail how the books are brought to life, and the changes that happen in the process.
- Dumbledore's Office
- Build a Scene - Building a scene as magnificent as Professor Dumbledore's office takes more than wood, plaster, nails and paint. It takes imagination.
- Tour Dumbledore's Office - Welcome to the self-guided tour of Professor Dumbledore's office, one of the most fascinating rooms at Hogwarts.
- Interviews with Students, Professors and More
- Students - What would you ask the cast, if you could? Put yourself in the interview chair as the stars answer questions about making the film.
- Professors and More - Enjoy personal moments with the professors and others as they discuss their characters: Prof. Gilderoy Lockhart, Lucius Malfoy, Prof. Pomona Sprout, Molly Weasley, Arthur Weasley, Prof. Albus Dumbledore, Rubeus Hagrid, Prof. Severus Snape, Uncle Vernon Dursley, Aunt Petunia Dursley, Argus Filch, Prof. Minerva McGonagall.
- Gallery of Production Sketches
- Activities
- The Chamber Challenge [Game]
- Tour the Chamber of Secrets - What are you doing here? This place isn't safe. Begin your journey down the dark corridor for the self-guided tour of the Chamber of Secrets.
- The Forbidden Forest Challenge [Game]
- Colin's Darkroom
- Tour Diagon Alley - Welcome to the self-guided tour of Diagon Alley, where you can find all your supplies for the school year. Explore the many shops, such as Flourish & Blotts and the Magical Menagerie.
- Spellcaster Knowledge Challenge [Game]
- EA Game Preview
DISC 4:
- Creating the World of Harry Potter, Part 2: Characters - Explore how the cast and creative team of directors and designers take the characters' descriptions on the page to the actors' performances on film. [NEW]
- Screen Tests of Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson [NEW]
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Revealed - 2002 HBO First Look special
- Trailers and TV Spots
Disc 5: Digital Copy of Theatrical Film
- In-Movie Experience with Director Chris Columbus: An interactive viewer experience where the entire film is examined; includes PiP, Storyboard Comparisons, Still Galleries (Blu-ray only)
- WB Maximum Movie Mode picture-in-picture programming, cast walk-ons, focus points, graphics and more. (Blu-ray only)
- BD Live with access to worldwide events, special guest participants, community features and more. (Blu-ray only)
You guys think those are gonna be NEW deleted scenes that were not included on the DVD's previously or are they simply the deleted scenes that are being reinserted into the movie for the extended edition...but like so you have the option of viewing them seperately? :hmm:

I just hope to God we don't have to go through a stupid game again like on the SS/PS DVD to access the deleted scenes, so annoying :relax:

KlausBaudelaire September 18th, 2009 3:43 pm

Mmmm there were collector's edition out at the release of OotP DVD, and now other ones for the release of HBP...I'm waiting until DHWWMM DVD is out.

Sesquipedalian September 19th, 2009 12:34 am

I still doubt that these extended editions will contain any "never-before-seen footage"; the back of the packaging only states that it includes "footage not shown in theatres", which could easily mean that Warner Bros inserted some of the deleted scenes from the two-disk edition into the finished film (note my use of the word "some": I am certain that there was more than thirteen minutes of deleted scenes on the second disk of the first Chamber of Secrets DVD).

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 (Post 5420490)
I'm confused as to what all these "deleted scenes" listings are though.

Based upon the other special features listed before these "deleted scenes", it appears that these third disks are merely the second disks of the previous DVD releases; both have exactly the same features.

CrazyMuggle September 19th, 2009 1:38 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sesquipedalian (Post 5420899)
I still doubt that these extended editions will contain any "never-before-seen footage"; the back of the packaging only states that it includes "footage not shown in theatres", which could easily mean that Warner Bros inserted some of the deleted scenes from the two-disk edition into the finished film (note my use of the word "some": I am certain that there was more than thirteen minutes of deleted scenes on the second disk of the first Chamber of Secrets DVD).

Actually there are 13 minutes of deleted scenes on Chamber (someone on Fanedit.org reinserted the deleted scenes of all the Potter films back into the film. Sorcerer's Stone was 7 minutes (like mentioned on the packaging of the UE) and Chamber was 13.

Here's a trailer for the Ultimate Editions from Yahoo.com:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1802813191/video/15629849

Looks great! Can't wait to buy them. :tu:

lcbaseball22 September 19th, 2009 2:10 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sesquipedalian (Post 5420899)

Based upon the other special features listed before these "deleted scenes", it appears that these third disks are merely the second disks of the previous DVD releases; both have exactly the same features.

Right, which is why I am waiting till the series is complete and they release versions that actually do have "never before-seen footage" ;)

Like the person above me noted, it was indeed only 7 and 13 minutes respectively. So these are merely the ABC Family versions available for purchase. Which is pretty cool, but not good enough. Not for me to rush out and buy em at least. I'm guessing there will be better. :cool:

Sesquipedalian September 19th, 2009 3:31 pm

A new trailer, advertising the releases of the upcoming Ultimate Editions, has arisen on the Internet: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1802813191/video/15629849.

As I have previously stated, it appears that these extended editions are merely the deleted scenes from the first DVD release reinserted into the final film, though the special features do look intriguing. Despite my dislike for him, Chris Columbus's comments sound interesting, and I do love what happens at 1:16 or thereabouts. Poor Michael!:lol:

In addition, this trailer confirms the Ultimate releases of films three through eight, as well. I would definitely consider purchasing Ultimate Editions of Prisoner of Azkaban through Half-Blood Prince.:tu:

silver ink pot September 20th, 2009 6:28 pm

The trailer is fun to watch at least. :)

brattyc September 23rd, 2009 12:56 am

Hi, I'm new here so I hope this is the right place to post this...Amazon has the first 2 Ultimate collections up for pre-sell. This is the link to the regular DVD version of the Sorcerer's Stone, you can link to the Chamber of Secrets from there. You can find them here. They have a great pre-sell price :agree:

potterrifick September 23rd, 2009 6:14 am

When I first heard about this, I was hesitant but seeing the trailer changed my mind. I'm now saving to but ALL of those.

CrazyMuggle September 25th, 2009 5:42 pm

Anyone see the thumbnail pic of the whole Ultimate Edition collection of films 1-8? You can see the color scheme of each film and it seems like they match the book covers. Awesome :tu:

Electricfeel September 25th, 2009 9:27 pm

Only 7 minutes of extended footage? I probably will buy those two when they go down in price just for the interviews and such. Really Looking forward to Prisoner coming out though!

NumberEight October 15th, 2009 4:37 am

I have a friend who has an Amazon Prime account and he's been ordering things for me. If you order the Ultimate Editions and choose two-day shipping, you will receive them on release day. Since Amazon Prime is free two-day shipping on all items, you'll get the sets on release day. Because he has been doing this for me, I am actually considering buying them. If I do purchase them, I'll write reviews on the extended cuts of the films and the extras.

CrazyMuggle October 16th, 2009 5:26 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by NumberEight (Post 5438134)
I have a friend who has an Amazon Prime account and he's been ordering things for me. If you order the Ultimate Editions and choose two-day shipping, you will receive them on release day. Since Amazon Prime is free two-day shipping on all items, you'll get the sets on release day. Because he has been doing this for me, I am actually considering buying them. If I do purchase them, I'll write reviews on the extended cuts of the films and the extras.

That's how I always order from Amazon and it's great to receive the item on the day of release without having to select 1-day shipping. Definitely recommended this buying method.

Jack5555 November 11th, 2009 9:15 pm

Future Ultimate Collector's Edtions

Well, with the PS and CoS Ultimate Collector's Editions coming out in less than a month, I was wondering, what will the others be like? I hope they all come with extended editions (maybe even unseen deleted scenes). For OotP, I would love to see the Battle of the Ministry in its entirety. Oh how I yearn to see Sirius and Bellatrix duel. The extended edition of PoA is shown on ABC Family in the US, so it will probably be the same as that. But what about the others? Do you think they will just plug in the deleted scenes we already have, or put in new ones? What features do you expect to be on them?

Lilleby November 11th, 2009 11:03 pm

Re: Future Ultimate Collector's Edtions

I suspect they'll just put the deleted scenes back in the movie. Then after all eight boxes are released they will hopefully want to earn more money and therefore put some unseen scenes on some NEW boxes... and THEN we will finally see Rik Mayall as Peeves (like we were promised 10 years ago!!!!) :)

Nyjets4004 November 12th, 2009 1:24 am

Re: Future Ultimate Collector's Edtions

i hope so id love to have a whole harry potters collection of books and movies but i really wanna see pet peeves