Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Muggle Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Ultimate Film Collection Editions etc (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=121501)

ArryGrotter April 9th, 2010 5:38 am

Re: Ultimate Film Collection Editions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny7003 (Post 5520526)
So they're not releasing them individualy in the UK, just as a box-set ??

I wouldn't mind that, since I don't want to get them till they're in a box set :lol: (and I'm assuming NZ will be the same as UK, cos they need to make a PS extended version as well :))

weasley9 April 9th, 2010 5:41 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArryGrotter (Post 5521153)
I wouldn't mind that, since I don't want to get them till they're in a box set :lol: (and I'm assuming NZ will be the same as UK, cos they need to make a PS extended version as well :))

I'm watching for a box set as well, even though I live in America. When I first get the box set, I'll have so much Harry Potter stuff to look at/watch (which'll be great!).

Plus, I wouldn't be suprised if there was something even better with a box set that you can't get by purchasing them individually.

ArryGrotter April 9th, 2010 5:46 am

Well, there's probably another 2 or 3 years till then :lol:

CrazyMuggle April 10th, 2010 3:48 am

If those Extended Edition runtimes are correct than I may just faint.... WOW. I'm still skeptical, given the source, but I'm hoping that they're accurate.

weasley9 April 10th, 2010 4:09 am

I hope in the PoA UE we see the enitre scene where Sirius enters Gryffindor tower. We saw the aftermath scene where they're all gathered in the common room in the deleted scenes. They must've filmed the actual scene in the common room.

Jonny7003 May 3rd, 2010 10:51 am

Release Dates for POA and GOF ---- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0926084/...&p=1#162156904

Jack5555 May 3rd, 2010 12:00 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny7003 (Post 5531014)

Hmmm... well at least we get them this year!

weasley9 May 3rd, 2010 1:42 pm

Going by those release dates, I think we can assume that we'll get 2 every November-December. So the 2 DH ultimate editions will come out in late 2012.

Jonny7003 May 3rd, 2010 2:57 pm

For anyone who lives in the UK, I'm British and I've had Chamber of Secrets Ultimate Edition shipped over to the UK for my Blu-ray and it works brilliantly ! WB don't region code.

heathurrr May 3rd, 2010 5:25 pm

release dates! so exciting! im sad its in november but its already going by pretty quickly. that means we'll get DH and 2 more ultimate editions all in november!

Apheka May 16th, 2010 4:53 am

I've just watched the extended version of Chamber of Secrets and it was like watching a new film. CoS was never my favourite but the extra minutes have made it better. I like the Lucius Malfoy bit in Knockturn Alley and the only thing they could have left out was seeing the car as they were following the spiders into the dark forest as that ruined the surprise of the car rescue from Arogog.
Now I'm really hoping the next UE's will restore as many minutes as rumoured.
I'm not sure but I think a lot was dropped from CoS to keep it to two hours but they underestimated HP fans.

chesterkesvp May 24th, 2010 10:40 am

Can someone give me the emailadress of warner bros. I want to ask a question about the ultimate editions.

The german covers of the UE's are released:
http://www.amazon.de/Harry-Potter-Fe...4693833&sr=8-6

http://www.amazon.de/Potter-Gefangen...4693833&sr=8-5

FrejyaAthena July 5th, 2010 12:22 am

Where can you buy these ultimate editions? I like in the UK and can not find them anywhere!

heathurrr July 5th, 2010 12:26 am

Try looking on amazon?

Apheka July 5th, 2010 7:33 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrejyaAthena (Post 5561861)
Where can you buy these ultimate editions? I like in the UK and can not find them anywhere!

I managed to buy mine on eBay along with all the soundtracks of the HP movies.

sticky July 7th, 2010 11:42 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrejyaAthena (Post 5561861)

Im in the UK too, and am wondering are there UK versions of these? I've only seen American versions and thought by now there would be a set for UK. I mean i can get them shipped from America but I just found it strange how there isnt a UK edition.

Jonny7003 July 8th, 2010 8:35 am

I'm in the UK and I emailed WB who said that there are no plans to bring the UEs to the UK. Which is quite annoying and sad really. I had CoS shipped over from America a couple of months ago, but I refuse to get Sorcerer's Stone, due to obvious reasons.

MoodysMagicEye July 8th, 2010 8:52 am

I heard somewhere (I think it was on Mugglecast) that the plan was to release all the Ultimate Editions (in the UK) at once in a huge boxset.

ArryGrotter July 8th, 2010 9:09 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny7003 (Post 5564113)
I'm in the UK and I emailed WB who said that there are no plans to bring the UEs to the UK. Which is quite annoying and sad really. I had CoS shipped over from America a couple of months ago, but I refuse to get Sorcerer's Stone, due to obvious reasons.

I'm pretty sure the Philosopher's Stone version is available in Australia :)

Jonny7003 July 8th, 2010 10:45 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArryGrotter (Post 5564123)
I'm pretty sure the Philosopher's Stone version is available in Australia :)

Really? I order mine off Amazon UK, but there isn't one for Australia is there? Do you know of a site I can order Philosopher's Stone ?