Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Muggle Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The deleted scenes we've never seen... (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=111884)

Fury November 23rd, 2010 3:35 am

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsBinns (Post 5655856)
10-15 minutes! Hooray!!!

(PS that scene sounds like it could be a very sweet moment between the two or a very forced scene)

I think it will be a sweet moment, all based on the way Yates describes this part. Which I love! :love: :love:

Quote:

She’s got a really rubbish throw, and she has to insist that Ron show her how to spin the stone to sort of entice tactility and physical contact,

Erin6 November 23rd, 2010 3:43 am

Does he mean 10-15 minutes of deleted scenes, or is he saying that there will be an extra 10-15 minutes added to the movie on the DVD?

Fury November 23rd, 2010 3:48 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin6 (Post 5655866)
Does he mean 10-15 minutes of deleted scenes, or is he saying that there will be an extra 10-15 minutes added to the movie on the DVD?

Probably 10-15 minutes of deleted scenes. They probably won't be added to the movie.

magic_is_might November 23rd, 2010 3:50 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fury (Post 5655859)
I think it will be a sweet moment, all based on the way Yates describes this part. Which I love! :love: :love:

I know Yates gets a lot of flak for his scenes - but I personally really like them. It's great seeing the character development and interactions in his scenes. As seen in DH.

And I really want to see it, the way he talks about the scene!

Chudleycanons November 23rd, 2010 4:28 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic_is_might (Post 5655852)

I don't remember where I read it, but there was a longer Malfoy Manor scene with Bellatrix and Hermione. I'd like to see that only because I felt that whole scene was a little too short.

I read that somewhere too. I'm sure I heard that Bella uses the Cruciatus on Hermione.

magic_is_might November 23rd, 2010 4:30 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chudleycanons (Post 5655901)
I read that somewhere too. I'm sure I heard that Bella uses the Cruciatus on Hermione.

Yeah - that's what I heard too.

merrymarge November 23rd, 2010 4:44 am

I thought since they were splitting the movie into two parts there weren't going to be any deleted scenes. And then in a few years time, they will show up on dvd. Bummer. Should have kept the scenes in the first place.

Erin6 November 23rd, 2010 5:07 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrymarge (Post 5655913)
I thought since they were splitting the movie into two parts there weren't going to be any deleted scenes. And then in a few years time, they will show up on dvd. Bummer. Should have kept the scenes in the first place.

Why wouldn't there be any deleted scenes due to the split?

katana November 23rd, 2010 6:46 am

I don't see how the rock throwing Ron/Hermione scene is really any different than the piano scene at Grimmauld Place. That scene was a cute and kind of funny scene with Ron pounding the piano keys while Hermione plays soft. The rock scene really sounds like just the same thing except Ron trying to teach Hermione something. I think they could have left it in.

Just like they should have left Harry looking at Ginny's dot on the map since he had it out looking at Snape on the map. It wouldn't have taken much for him to look at her dot.

Erin6 November 23rd, 2010 6:49 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by katana (Post 5655963)
I don't see how the rock throwing Ron/Hermione scene is really any different than the piano scene at Grimmauld Place. That scene was a cute and kind of funny scene with Ron pounding the piano keys while Hermione plays soft. The rock scene really sounds like just the same thing except Ron trying to teach Hermione something. I think they could have left it in.

Just like they should have left Harry looking at Ginny's dot on the map since he had it out looking at Snape on the map. It wouldn't have taken much for him to look at her dot.

I agree. It's why I don't really understand it not fitting the tone of the movie. It really would have helped establish the Ron/Hermione relationship better at least from Hermione's end.

magic_is_might November 23rd, 2010 7:11 am

I agree - they should've left it in. It's not like us die hard fans wouldn't have wanted to watch a few more minutes of footage :lol:

Jumpman November 23rd, 2010 10:20 am

Well, it depends on where that deleted scene was suppose to go in the film. Tonally, the film shifted once they started going camping. In that sense, I understand why he didn't included. The camping scenes get intense pretty quickly. That scene, as he describes it, would've broken the tone he's trying to establish during this long haul for the trio.

snugglepot November 23rd, 2010 10:43 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumpman (Post 5656042)
Well, it depends on where that deleted scene was suppose to go in the film. Tonally, the film shifted once they started going camping. In that sense, I understand why he didn't included. The camping scenes get intense pretty quickly. That scene, as he describes it, would've broken the tone he's trying to establish during this long haul for the trio.

But they still included that stupid dance scene and that is supposedly "to break the tension" of the dark mood.:grumble:
He's a hypocrite for saying that about the R/Hr scene and then adding the H/Hr one that is doing exactly what he said he didn't want to do!:td:
I have lost all respect for him, especially, as he messed up the H/G relationship in OotP, HBP and DH!:upset:

MsBinns November 23rd, 2010 11:26 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snugglepot (Post 5656049)
But they still included that stupid dance scene and that is supposedly "to break the tension" of the dark mood.:grumble:
He's a hypocrite for saying that about the R/Hr scene and then adding the H/Hr one that is doing exactly what he said he didn't want to do!:td:
I have lost all respect for him, especially, as he messed up the H/G relationship in OotP, HBP and DH!:upset:

I wouldn't say I've lost all respect for him, but that *does* seem a bit hypocritical if you listen to interviews about why he added the dance scene (plus the fact that the movie is littered with inappropriately placed lines that "break the tension".

adorey1 November 23rd, 2010 2:25 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsBinns (Post 5656065)
I wouldn't say I've lost all respect for him, but that *does* seem a bit hypocritical if you listen to interviews about why he added the dance scene (plus the fact that the movie is littered with inappropriately placed lines that "break the tension".

hear hear!

i've posted about this before, but i absolutely hate how yates puts in cheap shots to get an audience laugh at completely innapropriate moments.

the torture scene is the one that rankles me the most, not just because it ruined emma's moment having the 'unscrewing of the chandelier' punctured with laughs, but it made me hate dobby for ruining that moment (especially as his death scene was only minutes away!)

that and the scene where ron destroys the horcrux. it's the line where he says "Only 3 to go", which made people laugh at a point where there should have been mounting excitement for hermione's reaction of ron's return.

grrr!

JoAdams November 23rd, 2010 3:07 pm

Jesus.
Harry and Hermione's dance wasn't a funny scene. It was supposed to be sad and emotional. And it breaks the tension after 15-17 minutes of camping. Scenes that were too intense and there was a feeling of despair and depression.
Ron and Hermione's scene where they're skipping stones would have taken place right before Ron's departure. This would have spoiled the mood completely.

MsBinns November 23rd, 2010 3:56 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoAdams (Post 5656154)
Jesus.
Harry and Hermione's dance wasn't a funny scene. It was supposed to be sad and emotional. And it breaks the tension after 15-17 minutes of camping. .

I don't think anybody said it was a funny scene. As you stated, it was used simply to break the tension. I understand they were trying to show a feeling of despair in the camping scenes. Personally I thought it was a bit choppy and did not show much personal interaction between the characters. To me a lot of what the camping scene was about was our trio breaking down and poor Hermione caught between her loyalty to Harry and her relationship with Ron. The addition of a "tender and moving" scene between Ron and Hermione, as described by Yates, would have hammered home how devastating it was to Hermione when Ron asked her to choose. In addition, it could have been done very nicely with another scene of Harry looking in on the two of them and thinking they are talking about him again, feeling this tremendous pressure that he has dragged his friends on this futile mission.

Carne November 23rd, 2010 4:11 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pearl_Took (Post 5656212)
You guys should have heard what the Tolkien fandom said about Peter Jackson. :D

:lol:

Yates, being only human, is not infallible. :cool:

:lol: Well, Yates might end up as an immortal God if he gives us the deleted scenes we want!

Pearl_Took November 23rd, 2010 4:13 pm

Oooh, sorry, about that, Carne. :blush:

I deleted my post before I saw you had quoted me. :D

It wasn't very on-topic, which is why I deleted it. :)

JayAJ November 23rd, 2010 6:33 pm

Very cool! Thanks for the photos by the way. :D