Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Divination Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Prisoner of Azkaban movie clues (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=108351)

Honeyducks July 24th, 2007 11:27 am

Prisoner of Azkaban movie clues

So.. what were the clues for this final book?
I can only see two..
Snape protecting Harry
Hermione/Ron

TheAndy July 24th, 2007 11:33 am

Re: Prisoner of Azkaban movie clues

I don't see the Hermione/Ron as forshadowing anything as we all knew it was only a matter of time before it was going to happen. As for Snape protecting harry, he had already done this in PS.

crookshanks_kat July 24th, 2007 11:35 am

when Lupin says he recognised Harry because of his eyes?

this was basically the reason Snape could bring himself to protect the son of James Potter.

JinxMaster July 24th, 2007 1:27 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAndy (Post 4636148)
As for Snape protecting harry, he had already done this in PS.

Yes, but in the POA movie, he physically stood between him and a werewolf......It made me feel all warm inside *snivel*

Atreides July 24th, 2007 1:38 pm

Lupin talking about how Lily could see the best in people even when they couldn't see it in themselves (Snape)

And, something that occurred to me while reading: Cuaron used birds being killed by the Whomping Willow to signify the death of childhood--the same metaphor J.K. Rowling used with Hedwig.

BookWhizzbee July 24th, 2007 2:06 pm

Possibly Lupin talking about Lily always seeing the best in people as foreshadowing of her friendship with Snape.

I haven't checked it yet (haven't got the DVD here), but somebody said that when the Dementors start sucking Harry's and Sirius's souls out, there is one stream coming from Sirius but two from Harry. If that is true, it would foreshadow the fact that Harry is a horcrux, which would be pretty cool.
Can anybody confirm that?
(In the 'Order of the Phoenix' movie it was definitely only one stream of 'soul' coming from Harry.)

GodricHollow July 24th, 2007 2:09 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

"Mr Weasley, why would I want to go looking for someone who wants to kill me?" Harry goes looking for Horcruxes, which contain pieces of Voldemort's soul, Voldemort wants to kill Harry, ergo, Harry is looking for someone who wants to kill him.

ChocolateRain July 24th, 2007 2:18 pm

Yes, but Harry says nearly the exact same line in the book.

"Why would I go looking for someone I know wants to kill me?"

It was something that was in the film but not in the book.

sticky July 24th, 2007 2:30 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BookWhizzbee (Post 4637082)
Possibly Lupin talking about Lily always seeing the best in people as foreshadowing of her friendship with Snape.

I haven't checked it yet (haven't got the DVD here), but somebody said that when the Dementors start sucking Harry's and Sirius's souls out, there is one stream coming from Sirius but two from Harry. If that is true, it would foreshadow the fact that Harry is a horcrux, which would be pretty cool.
(In the 'Order of the Phoenix' movie it was definitely only one stream of 'soul' coming from Harry.)

it was two coming from harry but i am sure there were two dementors sucking his soul at the same time, not one unlike sirius.

True_Seer July 24th, 2007 2:40 pm

i didn't really recognise anything that had been foreshadowed in the POA film apart from, as everyone else has said, the fact that Lupin tells Harry that Lilly could always see the best in eveyone.

snapegirl July 24th, 2007 2:45 pm

I agree it's probably the part when Lupin and Harry are talking on the bridge. Lupin says Lily could see the best in everyone. (like him and Snape)
I don't think it's the part where Snape jumped in front of the trio.

SquizyMoomin July 24th, 2007 2:58 pm

The only thing I can think of is Lupin saying that Lily could see the best in everyone.
But from what I remember of JKR saying that there are things in the movie that foreshadow things, I would have thought there'd have been something else...but I really don't know what.

Serious_Black July 24th, 2007 3:23 pm

My first thought was Snape physically putting himself in-between Harry and the Lupin-wolf.

After reading some other theories, the Lily's eyes/Lupin talk seems to be a good possibility also.

parvati_snape July 24th, 2007 4:03 pm

I agree. The Lily's eyes talk has been done before so I don't think it would be the foreshadowing the movie that wasn't in the book that gave JK Rowling "chills". I think it was when Snape stood and protectively put his arms out in front of the trio to protect them from Lupin. THAT gave me chills.

ellana July 24th, 2007 4:19 pm

You know, I think it has to be recognising Harry by his "mother's eyes", and Lily always seeing the best in people foreshadowing her friendship with Snape.

Snape standing between the trio and the werewolf could still have symbolically been it, absolutely underlining his comittment to die to save Harry.

Certainly wasn't the ones I picked...:whistle:

stunnedtina July 24th, 2007 4:22 pm

Snape putting himself in front of Harry.
Ron/Hermione- I know it's something we as readers figured was coming but it wasn't in PoA book nor any any of the previous books so that was always a foreshadowing of them getting together later on.
The big one was Snape standing in front of Harry.

The 2 streams coming from Harry...I'm not sure about that. I know that there were 2 streams coming from him but was it only one Dementor sucking at his soul or was there 2? I can't remember...I need to re-watch.

Sevstrueluve July 24th, 2007 10:13 pm

When Harry stuns Severus Snape inside the Shrieking Shack and he is forced to the floor unconscious forshadows Severus' death in DH. When Severus stands in between Remus Lupin in his werewolf form and the trio forshadows Severus not revealing Harry's whereabouts in the shack to LV in DH. The scene on the bridge is the precursor to the chapter, The Prince's tale. It is also the first movie, ever, to drop broad hints about a relationship between Ron and Hermione. In PoA we are introduced to Buckbeak, who later turns out to be Harry's next pet. I believe the bond that is started between the creature and Harry then forshadows becoming Harry's new pet. Everything comes out in the Shrieking Shack could forshadow that it will end in the Shrieking Shack.
I think everyone here covered everything else.

rebagen July 24th, 2007 10:15 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BookWhizzbee (Post 4637082)

Wow, good call on the stream of soul - I'll have to check that scene out in the movie!

LordofMuffins July 24th, 2007 10:18 pm

the foreshadowing is Fred/George (can't remember) saying "You wouldn't look so good if you fell off of the Astronomy tower either..." (Dumbledore fell off of the astronomy tower)

sticky July 24th, 2007 10:23 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordofMuffins (Post 4642376)
the foreshadowing is Fred/George (can't remember) saying "You wouldn't look so good if you fell of the Astronomy tower either..." (Dumbledore fell off of the astronomy tower)

yeah, just to add, it is also foreshadowed in i think ootp book where ron makes a joke something like: 'i would rather fall off the astrononmy tower' or something along that, which foreshadowes sumbledore, but you are right and i have never thought of that before.