Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Muggle Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=123339)

brattyc March 7th, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfDeath (Post 5706953)
Y

So who's gonna try to watch them all on Sunday? ;) :p

:wave: That would be me for sure, I think it's like 17 straight hours of Potter :D Gotta love it!

MasterOfDeath March 7th, 2011 11:00 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by brattyc (Post 5706957)
:wave: That would be me for sure, I think it's like 17 straight hours of Potter :D Gotta love it!

:lol: I might try to do it too! :D I'm just hardcore that way. :p ;) :lol:

Btw, thank you so much for posting this news and letting me know about the HP weekend, brattyc! :) :tu:

merrymarge March 8th, 2011 12:06 am

I will try to watch all of them. I say this everytime, but sometimes, I am not available.

brattyc March 8th, 2011 9:43 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfDeath (Post 5706968)

Btw, thank you so much for posting this news and letting me know about the HP weekend, brattyc! :) :tu:

No problem, the news is too great to keep to myself :huggles:

brattyc March 14th, 2011 12:27 am

They just announced that there will be Deathly Hallows 2 footage included on the HP weekend that's starting on Thursday March 17th :clap:

merrymarge March 14th, 2011 3:43 am

About time too!

brattyc March 17th, 2011 10:10 pm

Just a bump to remind you about the marathon starting tonight :clap:

For those of you that don't have cable or your cable doesn't carry ABCFamily, you can live stream the channel at this link:

http://www.directon.tv/channels/7090/ABC_Family

Looks like they're making a change in their address, so be on the look out tomorrow.

They have a quick ad when you first go there, but then it goes right to the show that's being aired.

merrymarge March 18th, 2011 12:11 am

sigh.. Harry Potter movies and I don't have any nibbles to munch on. my two favorite nibble snacks: popcorn and Licorice.

merrymarge March 20th, 2011 5:17 pm

I thought there was going to be a trailer for DH, part 2?

Rookie_Angel March 20th, 2011 5:51 pm

I heard them say something last night about scenes or a preview for Part 1 and I was thinking, "Huh? Part 1?" But I haven't heard anything on TV as to previews of Part 2. But you'd think...

Lprdgecko March 20th, 2011 6:54 pm

The only Part 2 reference I've seen was a trailer where, at the start, it shows Voldemort and Harry in the woods, and Voldemort says, "Harry Potter... Come to die." or something similar, and it has a few more scenes, too.

ohsnapkid March 20th, 2011 7:06 pm

It's funny - as I've been catching pieces of this latest marathon (is ABC Family mandated to do a HP Weekend every 2 months or something?), it occurred to me that some of the films belong on TV more so than others.

This is just my opinion, of course, but seeing PS, CoS, and GoF on network TV seems totally acceptable. They're well suited for it. But whenever I catch PoA or OoTP on ABC Family, it just feels off. It must be the commercials and the element of dialogue being very integral to both PoA and OoTP, and whenever you're taken out of it, it's jarring.

merrymarge March 20th, 2011 8:28 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprdgecko (Post 5712690)
The only Part 2 reference I've seen was a trailer where, at the start, it shows Voldemort and Harry in the woods, and Voldemort says, "Harry Potter... Come to die." or something similar, and it has a few more scenes, too.

I didn't realise that was the trailer.

wandrider March 20th, 2011 8:38 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookie_Angel (Post 5712649)
I heard them say something last night about scenes or a preview for Part 1 and I was thinking, "Huh? Part 1?" But I haven't heard anything on TV as to previews of Part 2. But you'd think...

There is a full-blown (on ABC Family) DH2 trailer that aired today, Sunday. It's got quite a bit of quick-cuts that take you through glimpses of many portions of the movie. It's almost 2 minutes, so if you put it on slow motion you can really see the scenes long enough to appreciate it.

And, yes, this is a full length 3D DH2 it seems, unless anyone knows differently?

merrymarge March 20th, 2011 8:48 pm

I am not able to put it in slo motion. but is it the scene where Harry comes to Voldemort and Voldemort asks him why he lives?

Lprdgecko March 20th, 2011 11:03 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrymarge (Post 5712773)
I am not able to put it in slo motion. but is it the scene where Harry comes to Voldemort and Voldemort asks him why he lives?

Yes, if I am remembering correctly.

hp_fan31 April 9th, 2011 6:05 am

does anyone know if ABC Family has any plans to have a HP marathon this upcoming weekend? it just seems to me that since the "Deathly Hallows, Part 1" DVD is coming out next Friday, they would be having a movie marathon this weekend, seeing as they usually do every time a HP movie comes out in theaters or DVD.

also, why do they not show HBP in any of these marathons (doesn't really matter to me, i always continue the marathon on my own and watch my HBP DVD)??

ArryGrotter April 9th, 2011 6:09 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by hp_fan31 (Post 5722507)
does anyone know if ABC Family has any plans to have a HP marathon this upcoming weekend? it just seems to me that since the "Deathly Hallows, Part 1" DVD is coming out next Friday, they would be having a movie marathon this weekend, seeing as they usually do every time a HP movie comes out in theaters or DVD.

also, why do they not show HBP in any of these marathons (doesn't really matter to me, i always continue the marathon on my own and watch my HBP DVD)??

They had a marathon only a few weeks ago, so I doubt it.

And they do not have the rights to HBP yet. They will receive them sometime this year probably. Similarly, they won't get the rights to DH1 for another 2 years.

hp_fan31 April 10th, 2011 3:30 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArryGrotter (Post 5722510)
They had a marathon only a few weeks ago, so I doubt it.

And they do not have the rights to HBP yet. They will receive them sometime this year probably. Similarly, they won't get the rights to DH1 for another 2 years.

thanks for the reply!

i'm having my own "HP" marathon leading up to the DVD release anyway. Tonight i'll be watching "Chamber of Secrets" :huggles:

brattyc May 11th, 2011 11:39 pm

Surprise, surprise it's marathon time again :clap:

I just, for the heck of it, put HP in a Zap2it and was shocked and happily surprised when all the air dates started showing up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get some more DH2 goodies. Here's the schedule...including a bonus day on Monday for another airing of OotP.

ABC Family will be airing another HP marathon starting on May 19th. All times listed are Eastern times.

Thursday - May19- Sorcerer’s Stone -- 7:30-11:00pm

Friday - May 20- Sorcerer’s Stone -- 3:30-7:00 pm
Chamber of Secrets --7:00-11:00pm

Saturday - May 21- Sorcerer’s Stone -- 9:00 am -12:30
Chamber of Secrets -- 12:30-4:30pm
Prisoner of Azkaban -- 4:30-7:30 pm
Goblet of Fire --7:30-11:00 pm

Sunday - May 22 - SS - 7:00 - 10:30 am
CoS - 10:30- 2:30
PoA - 2:30 - 5:30
GoF - 5:30- 9:00
OotP - 9:00 - 12:00