Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Muggle Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=123339)

MacGryffindor May 18th, 2010 9:48 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Yeah, I saw that too brattyc. I find myself searching the TV listings to find out when the next HP marathon will be on. Although, I'm kind of upset they aren't showing the first 2 installments, but I will take whatever I can get.

brattyc May 18th, 2010 11:23 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGryffindor (Post 5536762)
Yeah, I saw that too brattyc. I find myself searching the TV listings to find out when the next HP marathon will be on. Although, I'm kind of upset they aren't showing the first 2 installments, but I will take whatever I can get.



LOL...I catch myself checking all the time too. It would be nice to have them all, but I guess we can't get greedy, at least OotP is getting some air time now. :hmm: I wonder if there will be any new ads for the WW since opening day is getting closer.

MacGryffindor May 20th, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by brattyc (Post 5536804)
LOL...I catch myself checking all the time too. It would be nice to have them all, but I guess we can't get greedy, at least OotP is getting some air time now. :hmm: I wonder if there will be any new ads for the WW since opening day is getting closer.

Very true, but with it being an extended weekend (Memorial Day), I would think they'd take full advantage of that and show as many HP movies as possible. Maybe Warner Bros. has something in their contract stating they are only able to show a certain about of films at one time. Probably to keep them from watering down the HP franchise, which could never happen anyways. I do like how ABC Family inserts deleted scenes that weren't shown in the movie/DVD. It gives you something new to look forward to.

Nyjets4004 May 21st, 2010 12:17 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Can we get a list for when theres going to be another harry potter premiere?

Jack5555 May 25th, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
POTTER ALERT!

This MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND (USA), there is a Harry Potter marathon on ABC Family. It starts on 8:00 pm on Friday, May 28th, 2010 with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Nyjets4004 May 25th, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack5555 (Post 5539166)
POTTER ALERT!

This MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND (USA), there is a Harry Potter marathon on ABC Family. It starts on 8:00 pm on Friday, May 28th, 2010 with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

NOOOOOOO i wanna go to the city and meet a bunch of Marines :(.

leah49 May 25th, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Well, if you can, set a VCR and then watch when you get home. That way it'll feel like you're watching them on ABC Family. :p I can never watch all the movies during the marathon, but I watch what I can. I like watching the movies on ABC because they include deleted scenes. Oh, btw, this marathon lasts until Monday, Memorial Day.

snapes_witch May 25th, 2010 10:24 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
:upset::upset: I want cable! :sigh:

brattyc May 26th, 2010 1:46 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack5555 (Post 5539166)
POTTER ALERT!

This MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND (USA), there is a Harry Potter marathon on ABC Family. It starts on 8:00 pm on Friday, May 28th, 2010 with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

They're skipping the first 2 movies this go around...they're starting with Prisoner of Azkaban. Gotta love those marathons and knowing you're in the world's biggest movie theater with your Potter family.

Take it away Ernnnie!! ;)

Nyjets4004 May 26th, 2010 2:50 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by brattyc (Post 5539268)
They're skipping the first 2 movies this go around...they're starting with Prisoner of Azkaban. Gotta love those marathons and knowing you're in the world's biggest movie theater with your Potter family.

Take it away Ernnnie!! ;)

What do you mean by the worlds biggest movie theater? you have the worlds biggest movie theater thats awesome, think i can come over?

brattyc May 26th, 2010 4:16 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyjets4004 (Post 5539283)
What do you mean by the worlds biggest movie theater? you have the worlds biggest movie theater thats awesome, think i can come over?


LOL, no, I just meant that's what it feels like when you know all those Potter fans will be enjoying the movies at the same time I am. But it would be awesome to have the world's biggest movie theater :D

AccioHP June 25th, 2010 7:00 pm

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-po...weekend-74158/
July 8-11 is HP weekend on abc family. It says thr first five films! I wonder if OoTP will be extended?

Fury June 26th, 2010 2:51 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AccioHP (Post 5555195)
http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-po...weekend-74158/
July 8-11 is HP weekend on abc family. It says thr first five films! I wonder if OoTP will be extended?

Yay! My birthday is the 10th. Nice birthday present for me! :clap:

APolaris June 26th, 2010 3:34 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
I put OotP on some channel (I think it was ABC Family) about 2 weeks ago while over my grandparents' house, and it happened to be at the scene where Umbridge was speaking to Harry and Hermione just before Magorian and his gang arrive. Umbridge had an unusually long amount of dialogue, about an extra 1-2 minutes above "I really hate children." I assume that was the extended version so it might be safe to say the next one will be too.

AccioHP July 9th, 2010 12:43 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
I'm watching SS now on Abc family. Have they always shows the scene with petunia cracking open the eggs and getting letters? I can't remember

Bella_Crucio_U July 9th, 2010 12:47 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
I love HP weekends on ABC! I'm still waiting for SS to come on later. Even though I just recently watched the first threee movies I'll watch them again.

MasterOfDeath July 9th, 2010 12:58 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AccioHP (Post 5564548)
I'm watching SS now on Abc family. Have they always shows the scene with petunia cracking open the eggs and getting letters? I can't remember

Yeah, they always show that scene. :) I'm watching it too, btw.

iamwood July 9th, 2010 1:37 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
I had never noticed that scene, but I saw it this time.

I'm watching too, but I have to leave for work soon :(

elursoboh July 9th, 2010 1:46 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
im watching it tonight but unfortunately i wont be able to tomorrow or any of the other days cuz im at my moms till monday night and she doesn't get thatchannel :(

Nightmayre July 11th, 2010 1:48 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies
 
I'm watching Goblet of Fire right now, and little snippets of previews for DH are being shown during the commercial breaks. They're pretty interesting...[staff edit]


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 1:32 pm.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Original content is Copyright © MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright © its respective owners.