Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Muggle Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=123339)

mexicant July 12th, 2010 4:39 am

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies

Let me post a little reminder:
This thread is for discussing the ABC Family versions of the HP movies, not to discuss how pretty or ugly you think one of the actors is or is not. If you want to discuss the actors, take it to the Casting Couch sub-forum. Also, comments like "she's ugly!" or "she can't act at all" are not allowed; you are free to criticize, but please do so in a constructive manner. These are real people. Treat them with the respect that deserves.

Posts have been deleted, others edited.

Jumpman July 12th, 2010 11:29 am

Did Azkaban and Goblet of Fire have deleted scenes added back in?

I missed the marathon but the reason I ask is because WB has officially announced the Ultimate Editions of Years 3 and 4 and there are no mention of extended cuts.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4861

It would be odd for them to premiere extended cuts for those two films this year...the year they get their ultimate releases on Blu Ray and DVD and they don't show up on the eventual release.

So again, were scenes added back in for those films this weekend?

codenameblue July 12th, 2010 11:50 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by CROOKshanks1919 (Post 5566542)
for all of you watching the order of the pheonix movie now, does anyone else LOVE that watery sound dumbledore makes when he's dueling with Voldemort and putting him in the big water ball?

That sound was lovely!

*I even watched the duel again just to make sure we're talking about the same thing XD*

featherfish81 July 21st, 2010 4:07 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by boushh (Post 5566586)
I think most of the stuff added in is from the DVDs. There are different DVDs that come out for each movie so maybe not all of them have the deleted scenes on them. If I'm not mistaken, I think there are some DVDs that just have the movie on them and they are a little less expensive.

I don't think all of the added scenes in the ABC version are included on the DVDs. I'm talking about the 2-disc editions that included some deleted scenes, not the 1-disc versions that just have the movie.

But I just saw the 4-disc edition of Sorcerer's Stone in the video store, so I guess that's part of the reason why - they can include those scenes in the expanded versions of the movies and get everyone to buy something else.

mexicant July 30th, 2010 8:50 pm

Let me post Forum Rule 10 as a reminder about CoS policy on illegal file sharing:
.:CoS Forums Rules:.
View full rules here
10. CoS Forums does not encourage members to openly discuss file sharing activities. Whilst we understand that file sharing is a fact of life and will be continued by a lot of people, we will not allow members to openly support this activity publicly. Any threads which discuss, request or encourage downloading of illegal material such as the HP Movies or MP3s will be deleted by staff, and offending members will receive a two-point warning. Private discussion is between yourselves and is not discouraged, but we would strongly advise you look elsewhere for file sharing tips and advice. This rule WILL be enforced.
Reference: Zero Tolerance Policy
Posts have been deleted.

MuggleGirl09 July 30th, 2010 11:05 pm

I watched the HP Weekend when it was on, and they definitely cut some parts out. :(

leah49 July 30th, 2010 11:06 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuggleGirl09 (Post 5579938)
I watched the HP Weekend when it was on, and they definitely cut some parts out. :(

What parts did they cut out?

brattyc August 8th, 2010 2:10 pm

ABC Family is having an HP weekend coming up...well it's a small one, but anytime they have one I'll take what they give :agree:

August 20- Prisoner of Azkaban- 8 - 11 pm (eastern time)

August 21 - Prisoner of Azkaban- 4:30-7:30 pm
Goblet of Fire ~~~~ 7:30-11:00 pm

Wonder if they'll add any new trailers or info for DH then that would be :cool:

I just realized that the 20th was a Friday and Zap2it hasn't updated their Sunday schedule yet (they post 2 weeks in advance) so that means they could be showing OotP on Sunday too :elaugh:

SneekyMarauder August 8th, 2010 5:53 pm

All I really want to know is, is WHY at Christmas time they feel the need to play Harry Potter. (Not that I am copmlaining) The first 2 I think are the only ones with acctual Chrismas Scenes and they're each like 15 minutes??? It's just weird that they think because, the movies have a few minutes of Christmas, they think it's a Christmas movie and play it. It's so weird! lol.

Hes August 8th, 2010 8:01 pm

Probably because they are movies for the whole family.

Astrognash August 8th, 2010 9:44 pm

And who doesn't like an excuse to show more HP?

lightreading August 12th, 2010 4:34 pm

Quote:

And who doesn't like an excuse to show more HP?
No one! :lol: I just love settling down with some pudding to watch OOtP on Christmas Eve!! :love: :love: :love:

brattyc August 14th, 2010 11:07 pm

Forgot to update the marathon schedule...they'll be showing GoF and OotP on Sunday the 22nd. They'll start at 4:30 Eastern and run til 11.

:hmm: I'm still hoping for a new trailer to be included next weekend...the 20th will make it less than 3 months till DH so what better time to start the 'big push'.

brattyc October 31st, 2010 12:31 am

Just a heads up, Zap2it has started listing what looks like to be another HP marathon on the Family channel :D It's got listings for the Sorcerer's Stone starting at 7:30 pm (Eastern) on Thursday, November 11th. CoS is starting at 7:00 pm on Friday the 12th. They only go two weeks in advance so it'll be a few days til the full schedule comes up.:clap:

exl2398 October 31st, 2010 5:04 am

woo!

snapes_witch October 31st, 2010 6:38 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by exl2398 (Post 5639233)
woo!

Pity I don't have cable . . .

exl2398 October 31st, 2010 2:03 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snapes_witch (Post 5639272)
Pity I don't have cable . . .

do you own the movies? you could do your own marathon!

brattyc November 1st, 2010 10:12 pm

Zap2it has updated their schedule...so here's what's going to be on and when, all times are Eastern:

Thursday- November 11th:
Sorcerer's Stone - 7:30-11:00 pm

Friday-November 12th:
Chamber of Secrets - 7:00-11:00

Saturday-November 13th:
Chamber of Secrets - 12:30-4:30
Prisoner of Azkaban - 4:30-7:30
Goblet of Fire - 7:30-11:00

Sunday-November 14th:
Prisoner of Azkaban - 1:30-4:30
Goblet of Fire - 4:30-8:00
Order of the Phoenix - 8:00-11:00

I would guess that they're showing the extended versions again considering the length of each movie.

snapes_witch November 1st, 2010 10:50 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by exl2398 (Post 5639368)
do you own the movies? you could do your own marathon!

Of course, but I'd like to see the extended versions.

ohsnapkid November 2nd, 2010 12:01 am

Will be setting the DVR for them - obviously I've seen (and own) them all - but there's always something fundamentally cool about knowing they were on TV. The fact that ABC plays the extended versions is a great bonus as well.

Quick trivia question: Of all six movies, which is the only one to be shown with 4 stars when you navigate through the program info?