Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Muggle Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=130446)

Lotoc_Sabbath October 16th, 2011 1:12 pm

The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
I searched again and again and I found nothing, I couldn't belive there really was nothing so I'll just post this my apologies to the mods if this has been already posted

So here is another Warner Bros idea for the world of Harry Potter and in my opinion the most exciting. The studio where all of the eight Harry Potter films were shot will be open to everybody from March 2012. It seems that every set will be open and in many you will actually be able to touch and interact with things. Sets which have been confirmed are: the Burrow, Gringotts, Gryffindor Common Room, Great Hall, Privet Drive, Dumbldore's office, Room of Requirments, Minister of magic and surely there will be many others.


Here is the official website:
http://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/

And here is an online chat with Warwick Davis, Bonnie Wright, Julie Waters, Mark Williams, James and Oliver Phelps, Tom Felton and Nat Tena talking about this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf0-mwI7Vjg

The Official trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7mLsvaaZ0g

A preview:
http://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/images...vation_new.jpg

Lisl_Loveheart October 16th, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
I've heard that tickets have gone on sale and that their systems are crashing under the traffic. I have also heard that people got tickets now for June already! Can anyone confirm tis information?

Lotoc_Sabbath October 16th, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisl_Loveheart (Post 5906045)
I've heard that tickets have gone on sale and that their systems are crashing under the traffic. I have also heard that people got tickets now for June already! Can anyone confirm tis information?

Indeed the tickets are available starting from May the first, you can check it yourself, by the way: go to Individual tickets and you will be directed to a page where there will be a link "Select date and time for: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London" enter it and there will be the whole calender, from there you can check the free dates whenever you want from what I've seen the first free date is April the 10th at 16:00.
After that for now we have:
April 11th has quite a few hours free
April 12th only has three slots left
April 13th has only one
April 14th and 15th have none
April 16th has loads

These are the first few dates which have some free slots, following them there is lots of space.

Taquiq October 16th, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
Wow! That looks very cool! I'm going to travel to London and go visit it when it's done!

chesterkesvp October 16th, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
Could anyone book tours from 6th april till 9th april? I couldn't book on these days when i tried (and that is 3 days ago).

Lotoc_Sabbath October 16th, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesterkesvp (Post 5906122)
Could anyone book tours from 6th april till 9th april? I couldn't book on these days when i tried (and that is 3 days ago).

You can't book on those days they aren't free, look at my previous post (post #3) for more information.

chesterkesvp October 16th, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotoc_Sabbath (Post 5906144)
You can't book on those days they aren't free, look at my previous post (post #3) for more information.

I meant something different. I couldn't book on these days before today. I tried it friday and on that day, those days weren't sold out.

Fury October 16th, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
The documentary is called "When Harry left Hogwarts", and here is a 4 minute preview of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrZ9M...layer_embedded

merrymarge October 16th, 2011 11:51 pm

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
oh, my goodness, that was very intense.

will this be shown in the theater, on t.v. or only at Target?

Wab October 17th, 2011 1:18 am

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotoc_Sabbath (Post 5905925)
Gringotts,

Although it would only be the Gringotts vaults as the other scenes were shot inside the Australian High Commission.

Lotoc_Sabbath October 17th, 2011 6:06 am

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wab (Post 5906475)
Although it would only be the Gringotts vaults as the other scenes were shot inside the Australian High Commission.

That was for the first movie, I have it for sure at 100% there will be the actual set that was built for DH. If youwatch the online chat with the actors at a point they tell it too

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fury (Post 5906334)
The documentary is called "When Harry left Hogwarts", and here is a 4 minute preview of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrZ9M...layer_embedded

I must say that was very intense I really loved it but you posted it in the wrong thread I belive, I think this should go in the Deathly Hallows Documentary thread.

acciowinter October 17th, 2011 9:52 am

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
Gosh, I wanna visit Leavesden so bad. But I just went to London this year and I really don't have any money to go atm. According to the actors who had this half our webchat last week at Leavesden studios the tour is amazing and really worth it even though it costs 28 pounds (adults). It will open in March and the grand opening is sold out because apparently some of the actors will make an appearance. Psh, I wish I could go. Luckily the tour will be there for quite a while so I can still go later.

Fury October 17th, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotoc_Sabbath (Post 5906758)

I must say that was very intense I really loved it but you posted it in the wrong thread I belive, I think this should go in the Deathly Hallows Documentary thread.

Aaah, that's what I get for posting when I was really tired. All I say was "Making of Harry Potter". Sorry, mods, if you see this!

Lotoc_Sabbath October 17th, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fury (Post 5906819)
Aaah, that's what I get for posting when I was really tired. All I say was "Making of Harry Potter". Sorry, mods, if you see this!

Sorry I can't get what you mean, I was personally just saying that I belived your video was in the wring place, in this thread we are talking about the Studio in Londod which will open in spring. Your video is about the Deathly Hallows documentary and its thread is here. By the way I reapet I can't get the meaning of your post...:rolleyes:

Hes October 17th, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
Yes Fury realises he posted in the wrong thread. No problem, can happen to anyone, everything is fine. Let's move on :)

potter_gleek October 17th, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
I am so excited for this. I can't afford Wizarding World but the tickets here are much cheaper and it's not far from where I live. I can't believe how fast tickets are selling, the entire Easter Holidays are already sold out...

GryffinGill October 17th, 2011 8:55 pm

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
I created a thread about this the other day when I got my tickets but don't know where it is ( I am new though so probably put it in the wrong place or it was a repeat thread)

I have my tickets booked for April 10th. The site went into meltdown with people trying to book, I got mine on the same day using the Gift Ticket option and then ringing the call centre.

After how awesome Florida was, I can't wait for this.

Lisl_Loveheart October 18th, 2011 10:21 am

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
Thanks for the info! I hope to be in London end of April. So I'll try to get tickets!! yay

mollypotter October 18th, 2011 3:34 pm

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by acciowinter (Post 5906796)
Gosh, I wanna visit Leavesden so bad. But I just went to London this year and I really don't have any money to go atm. According to the actors who had this half our webchat last week at Leavesden studios the tour is amazing and really worth it even though it costs 28 pounds (adults). It will open in March and the grand opening is sold out because apparently some of the actors will make an appearance. Psh, I wish I could go. Luckily the tour will be there for quite a while so I can still go later.

I totally live on the wrong continent.

There's pretty much no hope that i will get to visit.

Does anyone have tickets for March?

katielouise October 18th, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London
 
Ooh, I'm booked in for 21st July! Going with my boyfriend :3
I'd like to go on the opening day, but we wouldn't be able to because of the date, and also, I just think it will be really hectic and crazy on that day XD

I was also really shocked/amazed/glad that the price is what it is. I expected it to be a lot more!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 8:40 pm.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Original content is Copyright MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright its respective owners.