Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Art History (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   Harry Potter Projects (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=123008)

Muggle_Love October 15th, 2009 3:56 pm

Harry Potter Projects

As I'm sure many of you, myself included, have made various Harry Potter items, let's discuss them here! I've a few pending projects, but some of them that I've created include-- golden snitch earrings, a snitch and lightning bolt bracelet, a hand painted canvas bag, hand painted shoes**, which unfortunately are extremely uncomfortable so I can't wear them, a shirt, and many more things.
**One of my pending projects is to paint a pair of Converse shoes, because I know those are comfortable. Any ideas as to what theme from the books I should use and what characters to include?
Thanks!
:gryff: With love,
Muggle_Love

LoonyLovegood77 October 17th, 2009 4:04 pm

Re: Harry Potter Projects

i have to do a school project on a character from a book and i'm doing Luna Lovegood :)
i draw some random HP pictures sometimes like the sorting hat, house crests, characters, etc. (although they're never really that good lol)
i haven't done any major crafts like u though, thats so cool!

Jack5555 January 9th, 2010 7:15 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muggle_Love (Post 5438387)
As I'm sure many of you, myself included, have made various Harry Potter items, let's discuss them here! I've a few pending projects, but some of them that I've created include-- golden snitch earrings, a snitch and lightning bolt bracelet, a hand painted canvas bag, hand painted shoes**, which unfortunately are extremely uncomfortable so I can't wear them, a shirt, and many more things.
**One of my pending projects is to paint a pair of Converse shoes, because I know those are comfortable. Any ideas as to what theme from the books I should use and what characters to include?
Thanks!
:gryff: With love,
Muggle_Love

I say paint Thestrals on them. They would be the coolest shoes ever!

Emmarific January 14th, 2010 8:54 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack5555 (Post 5479984)
I say paint Thestrals on them. They would be the coolest shoes ever!

I totally pictured them as being invisible when you put them on the shoes. XD Like "Why's that spot blank?" "UM, THERES CLEARLY A THESTRAL THERE."

I love to cross stitch and I've always wanted to make the Black Family tapestry - maybe one day. I think it would be such an awesome thing to have!

LoonyLovegood77 January 25th, 2010 9:32 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmarific (Post 5482264)
I totally pictured them as being invisible when you put them on the shoes. XD Like "Why's that spot blank?" "UM, THERES CLEARLY A THESTRAL THERE."

I love to cross stitch and I've always wanted to make the Black Family tapestry - maybe one day. I think it would be such an awesome thing to have!

:lol: Love the threstral comment...it's just invisible :) The Black Family tapestry would be totally awesome too :)

mousouchop January 27th, 2010 2:42 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoonyLovegood77 (Post 5487826)
:lol: Love the threstral comment...it's just invisible :) The Black Family tapestry would be totally awesome too :)

Yeah, I second the black family tree idea! Looks beautiful in the set, would look beautiful on some shoes.

FolowTheNargles January 31st, 2010 12:28 am

im making a larger than life golden snitch out of papier mache for my art class. we were supposed to do an everyday object (like a pencil or ipod) but my teacher is an HP fan too. She agreed that a snitch is an everday object...in Harry Potter.