Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Muggle Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   "A Very Potter Musical" (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=122481)

weasley9 April 9th, 2010 4:41 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"

It's on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmwM_AKeMCk

All the other parts of it are listed on that same page.

Nyjets4004 April 9th, 2010 5:01 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by weasley9 (Post 5521129)
It's on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmwM_AKeMCk

All the other parts of it are listed on that same page.

They don't have em on like a DVD or anything? that would be much better.:lol:

weasley9 April 9th, 2010 5:11 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyjets4004 (Post 5521135)
They don't have em on like a DVD or anything? that would be much better.:lol:

Nope. I wish they could, but they can't actually sell DVDs 'cause they can't make profit off of Harry Potter for legal reasons. And I don't know if they can afford to produce DVDs just to sell them for free.

Weasley_Girl21 April 10th, 2010 2:13 pm

I have to say, I'm becoming just a little obsessed with this musical :)
I absolutely love, love, love Voldemort, Quirrell, Draco, Harry and Ron :)
And it's made me ship Voldemort/Quirrell! It's so sweet in the show :love: Joe Walker is an amazing Voldy :)

And no-one should refuse to watch this because its a musical! It's very funny and any HP fan would love it. Someone else has gone into detail about how it stays true to the feel of the books (if not the story and such), so I won't repeat them, but this musical is so well done. Every fan should watch it :D

Sirius_Weasley April 11th, 2010 1:01 pm

Harry: Uhh... I dunno, PIGFARTS?
Malfoy: Now you're just being cute, I can't go to Pigfarts, it's on Mars!

Morghen April 11th, 2010 2:05 pm

I laughed so hard when I watched these! They never get old.

Quirrellmort April 12th, 2010 9:32 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weasley_Girl21 (Post 5521658)
I have to say, I'm becoming just a little obsessed with this musical :)
I absolutely love, love, love Voldemort, Quirrell, Draco, Harry and Ron :)
And it's made me ship Voldemort/Quirrell! It's so sweet in the show :love: Joe Walker is an amazing Voldy :)

And no-one should refuse to watch this because its a musical! It's very funny and any HP fan would love it. Someone else has gone into detail about how it stays true to the feel of the books (if not the story and such), so I won't repeat them, but this musical is so well done. Every fan should watch it :D

First of all; *pokes username* I love this musical. The actors can actually sing and even though it's kind of a mashup of the plots in the books, it still follows canon (mostly) and it makes sense. The music is catchy and it's all SO quotable. It's just...Totally Awesome!!

Slytherin_12 April 12th, 2010 10:01 pm

Is this possible to watch online?

Surely someone put it up on youtube, or something!

Nyjets4004 April 12th, 2010 10:13 pm

After reading through all the comments im going to watch a very potter musical now :)

Quirrellmort April 12th, 2010 10:30 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slytherin_12 (Post 5522404)
Is this possible to watch online?

Surely someone put it up on youtube, or something!

"A Very Potter Musical"? It's only on Youtube. Just look it up. :) :clap:

Nyjets4004 April 13th, 2010 1:39 am

:love:I'm in love....:love: A Very Potter Musical is the funniest thing and best thing ever!! Im going to live in pigfart now :D:clap::clap:

Quirrellmort April 13th, 2010 2:20 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyjets4004 (Post 5522510)
:love:I'm in love....:love: A Very Potter Musical is the funniest thing and best thing ever!! Im going to live in pigfart now :D:clap::clap:

I would never go to Pigfarts when Voldemort is still on earth! I mean, did you see that chest? Or that face? And when he's sad...I just want to give him a hug. :huggles:

Nyjets4004 April 13th, 2010 3:51 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quirrellmort (Post 5522519)
I would never go to Pigfarts when Voldemort is still on earth! I mean, did you see that chest? Or that face? And when he's sad...I just want to give him a hug. :huggles:

No no no :no: i didnt finish it all yet :lol: i dont wanna ruin anything good :D

205tim April 13th, 2010 9:45 am

I just watched this today, it was amazing! Certainly going on the 'to watch again' list.

Quirrellmort April 13th, 2010 10:26 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyjets4004 (Post 5522558)
No no no :no: i didnt finish it all yet :lol: i dont wanna ruin anything good :D

Oops, haha. Have fun watching the rest!!!

MysticalMadness April 14th, 2010 7:51 am

Absolutely amazing! It is so funny. I can't wait for the sequel to come out, it should be just as amazing.

Weasley_Girl21 April 14th, 2010 9:38 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quirrellmort (Post 5522519)

*puts hand up* I am TOTALLY with you there :D He is amazingly good-looking ;) I just wanted to hug him too! I was seriously reconsidering whose side I was on :)
So sorry Rumbleroar - I'm going to have to go with Voldy :clap: hehe

And I can't wait for the sequel :D It's going to be totally awesome. (Incidentally - I have Going Back to Hogwarts stuck in my head :D)

Writes_Often April 15th, 2010 10:57 pm

I haven't watched it but I have the sound track and there wonderful! I love the opening song the most!

Racket_Man April 16th, 2010 8:21 am

Love the opening song "Get Back To Hogworts"

fairly well done production (so there are cardboard sets who cares). it is still very funny.

I so want to download all of the scenes and put it all together on one DVD so I can watch the WHOLE thing at once

I can not wait for the sequel. I hope they put it up on YouTube over the summer after the convention in Fl.

Weasley_Girl21 April 16th, 2010 8:48 am

I've downloaded them all onto my iPod :) It's great, I can watch them whenever I want :D

And the sequel will definitely be on YouTube. They've put up a few videos saying that :) (They being Team Starkid, the production team)
I wonder what the story will be?

Racket_Man April 17th, 2010 10:43 am

dont have an iPOD but I know some of the local HP fans might like to see AVPM (esp since they really do not know it exists). the only problem is that the audio (meaning the dialogue) on some of the "clips" is very soft and almost inaudible. I have to crank up the volumn very high just to hear the lines.

Once they announced the sequel a few weeks ago, I wondered how they could do a story since they mashed up/changed things from all of the books 1 - 7.

post DH storyline maybe??

Perlidia April 17th, 2010 1:07 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racket_Man (Post 5524713)
Once they announced the sequel a few weeks ago, I wondered how they could do a story since they mashed up/changed things from all of the books 1 - 7.

post DH storyline maybe??

No... they said they were going back to the books and using material not used the first time. They are not planning to make up any plots that are not faithful enough to the books. Of course they said this prior to writing so who knows what the creative process will produce.

Racket_Man April 18th, 2010 9:06 am

one of the only downsides of AVPM is that some of the dialogue (several times curse words are used) and action (Ron "stage" slapping Ginny several trimes) is a bit on the mature/adult side with some sprinkling of inuendoes and double entradreas (sp) (the Sorting Hat and the Scarf of **********).

StarKid has stated there is an "unedited" version of AVPM but they will NEVER publiclly release it so as not to get inot serious trouble with WB or JKR or the various book companies

WhispWillow April 18th, 2010 11:29 pm

It really depends on a number of things. First, who will be involved in bringing it to broadway/west end, secondly who will be casted in each role, three the storyline, how will they go about making a seven book series into a whole musical, would be interesting and most importantly just how chessy it would be. Now, I can stand a little bit of cheesiness, but if it turns out to be ridicolously over the top in an almost cringy sort of way, I'd prefer if it wasn't made. So really would have a lot of expectations to meet and it's always quite difficult to bring succesful adaptions of books of Harry Potter size to the stage seamlessly.
I'd love to see the sets for it though it were to be produced.

Edit:
I see the subject of the thread has changed considerably! Might watch this on youtube when I get a chance!

Quirrellmort April 19th, 2010 2:26 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racket_Man (Post 5524225)

I can not wait for the sequel. I hope they put it up on YouTube over the summer after the convention in Fl.

They said it should be on YouTube by late July. :D

MinervasCat April 19th, 2010 6:25 am

Somehow, I just can't image anything that would impel Severus Snape to burst into song...not under any circumstances.

SnakeSinister April 22nd, 2010 9:19 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinervasCat (Post 5525504)
Somehow, I just can't image anything that would impel Severus Snape to burst into song...not under any circumstances.

I agree but if he did it would be hilarious!!:D

LeviathanMammal April 23rd, 2010 3:46 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perlidia (Post 5524733)
No... they said they were going back to the books and using material not used the first time. They are not planning to make up any plots that are not faithful enough to the books. Of course they said this prior to writing so who knows what the creative process will produce.

But then it wouldn't be faithful to the FIRST musical. I mean, it made up Pigfarts and that worked out fine (actually, not just fine. awesome.)

Perlidia April 24th, 2010 1:48 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeviathanMammal (Post 5527026)
But then it wouldn't be faithful to the FIRST musical. I mean, it made up Pigfarts and that worked out fine (actually, not just fine. awesome.)

That's what they have posted. I think it was Matt Lang, one of the writers, who said there are a lot of plots in the book they haven't explored yet. I don't belive this rules out their own in-jokes, but they have said no to a sequel set on Mars. I don't think they want to stray too far from JKR's material - they are fans of it after all.

Writing can cause strange things to happen though - who knows what they are coming up with at the moment.

Waiting until July is going to be taxing, as was waiting for MAMD last time.

Nyjets4004 April 24th, 2010 3:02 am

Draco shakes hands with Voldemort making a promise

Draco: at the last second AND YOU HAVE TO BE MY SLAVE FOR A WHOLE DAY!

Voldemort: Ahhh ya got me! thats the second time this happened! I have to admit that WAS good ya goot me! LOL

Best EVER

Jack5555 April 25th, 2010 1:35 am

AVPM made me feel sorry for Quirrel and actually like Draco XD

Nyjets4004 April 25th, 2010 3:04 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack5555 (Post 5527715)
AVPM made me feel sorry for Quirrel and actually like Draco XD

It made me feel that Voldemort and Quirrel should have really been best friends lol.

Weasley_Girl21 April 25th, 2010 9:42 am

It made me ship Quirrelmort :D

Nyjets4004 April 25th, 2010 6:39 pm

Im trying to get my skool to do something like that lol

Quirrellmort April 25th, 2010 7:25 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weasley_Girl21 (Post 5527795)
It made me ship Quirrelmort :D

*pokes name and signature* :D :yuhup:

Jack5555 April 26th, 2010 12:03 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quirrellmort (Post 5527953)
*pokes name and signature* :D :yuhup:

OMG! AVPM Fan Art! Epic!
Kind of creepy though, to ship Quirrell and Voldemort though :yuhup:.
I love the line Molly says when she saves the day:
Mrs. Weasley: I came here with the Order of the Pheonix! Lupin, Tonks, Mad-Eye Moody, Sirius Black, and your brother Fred.
Ron: Oh great, where are they?
Mrs. Weasley: They're all dead.

Quirrellmort April 27th, 2010 1:44 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack5555 (Post 5528025)
OMG! AVPM Fan Art! Epic!
Kind of creepy though, to ship Quirrell and Voldemort though :yuhup:.
I love the line Molly says when she saves the day:
Mrs. Weasley: I came here with the Order of the Pheonix! Lupin, Tonks, Mad-Eye Moody, Sirius Black, and your brother Fred.
Ron: Oh great, where are they?
Mrs. Weasley: They're all dead.

Whenever I hear that line it makes me sad because Tonk and Lupin just had Teddy. :upset:

Slytherin_12 May 2nd, 2010 12:52 am

Oh my god...I'm like halfway through watching this on youtube, and I can't stop laughing--especially during Quirrell's and Voldemort's speeches! :rotfl:<--Malfoy style. :yuhup:

gelowo93 May 5th, 2010 7:38 pm

I watched this last week and cannot get the songs out of my head now :lol: which isn't a good thing because I'm supposed to be revising :grumble: I love how Malfoy is always rolling around on the floor - it's so random it makes me laugh. My favourite song has got to be the first one and the one where Voldemort's dancing :rotfl:

I think there's enough plots in the series for them to make a decent sequel and hopefully they'll keep with the in-jokes *cough*Pigfarts*cough* ;)

Jack5555 May 5th, 2010 11:18 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by gelowo93 (Post 5532046)
I watched this last week and cannot get the songs out of my head now :lol: which isn't a good thing because I'm supposed to be revising :grumble: I love how Malfoy is always rolling around on the floor - it's so random it makes me laugh. My favourite song has got to be the first one and the one where Voldemort's dancing :rotfl:

I think there's enough plots in the series for them to make a decent sequel and hopefully they'll keep with the in-jokes *cough*Pigfarts*cough* ;)

Pigfarts, Pigfarts, here I come. Pigfarts, Pigfarts, yum, yum, yum!

Heck with Hogwarts, I am going to PIGFARTS!
I really do hope they keep that joke too.

MTBB May 7th, 2010 6:48 pm

Perlidia introduced me to A very Potter Musical and I'm glad that she did. I thought that it was a wonderfully original idea and a really fun play.

I would love for the production to tour as I would definitely go and see it. So if anyone has any influence, tell them to come to Ireland - Perilida & I will put them up.

Perlidia May 11th, 2010 11:26 pm

They have released that AVPS will cover materials from books 1, 3 and 5.

So I think the new bad-guy will be Umbridge and Voldemort (with Quirrell) will try to rob the philosopher stone to save him from his half life. There is also a picture of the trio with what looks like the Marauders Map :)

So its all good - can not wait until July :D

weasley9 May 11th, 2010 11:41 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack5555 (Post 5532136)
Pigfarts, Pigfarts, here I come. Pigfarts, Pigfarts, yum, yum, yum!

Heck with Hogwarts, I am going to PIGFARTS!
I really do hope they keep that joke too.

I heard that they wouldn't continue with that joke. They said it would be overkill, and I agree, as much as I love that joke!

Perlidia May 11th, 2010 11:47 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by weasley9 (Post 5534147)
I heard that they wouldn't continue with that joke. They said it would be overkill, and I agree, as much as I love that joke!

I agree also - they would end up as a parody of themselves. They said they are planning to take everyone from surprise from the start of AVPS and that there will be twists and turns. :)

HMN May 11th, 2010 11:53 pm

Ooooh if it includes book 3 Sirius must be involved! I'd looooove to see how they portray him. Sirius and Umbridge and Quirrelmort = fantastic combination.

LoonyForMoony May 12th, 2010 12:52 am

Squee! AVPM Lupin!

Needless to say, I can't wait! :D

Weasley_Girl21 May 16th, 2010 6:49 am

As long as there is Quirrelmort in it, I don't mind what they do :D
Did anyone here go to the opening night?? If they did, I will be very jealous :(

BethWeasley May 16th, 2010 3:42 pm

I bloody loved it. I've been watching it for the past 2 days now :lol: i love it so much. <3 it's hiliarious.

weasley9 May 16th, 2010 4:21 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weasley_Girl21 (Post 5535694)
As long as there is Quirrelmort in it, I don't mind what they do :D
Did anyone here go to the opening night?? If they did, I will be very jealous :(

I doubt he'll be in it. They kinda exhausted his role in the first one.

I did sot of speak to someone who did attend opening night and they said it was amazing.

EDIT: I'v just seen posts by 2 other people who saw it, and they both said it was absolutely amazing as well. I don't think we'll be disappointed. :D

Perlidia May 16th, 2010 4:31 pm

Joe Walker and Brian Rosenthal (Voldy and Quirrel) are both in the sequel - I assume they are playing their original roles.

weasley9 May 16th, 2010 4:56 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perlidia (Post 5535851)
Joe Walker and Brian Rosenthal (Voldy and Quirrel) are both in the sequel - I assume they are playing their original roles.

Oh, well that's good then. :D

I'm really looking forward to seeig an AVPM UMbridge.

Perlidia May 16th, 2010 5:25 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by weasley9 (Post 5535856)

Me too :) - I really hope the new villian is Umbridge (nobody has confirmed so far as I know).

I think Ali Gordon (who was in their production MAMD) is in AVPS - she has definitely been around on the last two nights. I wonder if she is playing Umbridge?

I also saw pictures of Brittney Coleman (Bellatrix) at the rehersals - though she might be there to choreography as she did in AVPM.

weasley9 May 16th, 2010 5:34 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perlidia (Post 5535863)
Me too :) - I really hope the new villian is Umbridge (nobody has confirmed so far as I know).

I think Ali Gordon (who was in their production MAMD) is in AVPS - she has definitely been around on the last two nights. I wonder if she is playing Umbridge?

I also saw pictures of Brittney Coleman (Bellatrix) at the rehersals - though she might be there to choreograph as she did in AVPM.

Where does everyone get all the AVPS news? I can't find it anywhere.

Perlidia May 16th, 2010 6:09 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by weasley9 (Post 5535864)
Where does everyone get all the AVPS news? I can't find it anywhere.

They have a web page, youtube page, facebook page and are on Twitter - just google Team Starkid.

Most of the cast are on Twitter, facebook and have youtube pages also.

Devin (Cho) also has a tumbler page she has updated through rehersals:
http://devdevnumnums.tumblr.com/

Weasley_Girl21 May 23rd, 2010 3:31 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by weasley9 (Post 5535856)
Oh, well that's good then. :D

Judging by the new YouTube page layout - Umbridge seems to be played by a man :) Should be pretty awesome haha.

Racket_Man May 23rd, 2010 10:07 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weasley_Girl21 (Post 5538175)
Judging by the new YouTube page layout - Umbridge seems to be played by a man :) Should be pretty awesome haha.

OJHHHHH this is going to be really interesting. come on make it JULY NOW!!!! I WANNA see it now.

mrjoshvarela June 9th, 2010 4:29 am

Just one more month and it will be released, AVPM was the funniest thing ever! Draco stole the spotlight.

SentSoaringx3 June 13th, 2010 3:04 am

I would cringe. I've hated musicals since high school music(utter brain wash and waste of space). I'll stick to the books and normal movies. ahaha

caitsQuill June 13th, 2010 3:11 am

A Very Potter Musical is the funniest thing I've watched in a long time.
I'm an HP nerd and a musical fanatic, so honestly I thought AVPM would ruin both for me haha. A friend of mine recommended that I watch it a few months ago and I'm so glad! The writers didn't try to make it serious (thankfully, if it wasn't a comedy I doubt it would work) but the music is still wonderful. Darren Criss is absolutely amazing.

New favorite ship:: Quirreldemort.

"Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders!"
"...What the **** is a Hufflepuff?"

bwahaha

weasley9 June 13th, 2010 3:13 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SentSoaringx3 (Post 5547658)
I would cringe. I've hated musicals since high school music(utter brain wash and waste of space). I'll stick to the books and normal movies. ahaha

Aw, you have to see it! From what I've heard, the theater community hates High School Musical because it makes them look bad, so I think it's unfair to judge every other musical out there by High School Musical (and I agree with your opinion of it).

Anyway, AVPM is really funny, and you should really give it a chance!

gelowo93 July 4th, 2010 8:16 pm

Don't know if anyone has heard but "A Very Potter Sequel" is being released on youtube on 22nd July at 8pm EST :clap: I can't wait, especially since that's the day I finish college for summer. Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch it as soon as it premieres as I live in England, but I do have the entire next day to watch it :)

Queen_Princess July 4th, 2010 10:22 pm

I'm so excited for the sequel! I love A Very Potter Musical. It's hilarious! But I can't read Philosopher's Stone without thinking about Voldemort and Quirell's relationship. XD

I'm very excited for the sequel! Some people who saw it live said it was awesome. So I'm guessing it won't dissapoint.

dancing_snape July 5th, 2010 4:33 am

AVPM is so freakin' hilarious. At my former job my coworker and I would sing the songs to each other. :lol:

They did the show (the sequel) only like an hour and a half from me, and I missed it because I had no idea it was going on. I'm bummed about that, but I'll happily watch the youtube premiere of it.

elursoboh July 6th, 2010 5:07 am

omg ive recently become obsessed with it. i friended all the people on facebook (im creepy like that) and attempted downloading the soundtrack but it didnt work on my computer. im soooper excited for the sequel im having a veiwing party with my friend :D

ProtegoTotalum July 11th, 2010 4:28 am

I have the soundtrack on my iPod xD Granger Danger's my favourite.

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the sequel anytime soon...my internet seems to hate YouTube -sigh- So I'll have to wait till I leave for school around the end of August...the only way I was able to watch the original was pulling an all-nighter at my friend's house.

I'm so excited though. I've heard it's supposed to be even better than the first.

elursoboh July 11th, 2010 5:00 am

i bet it will be wicked good! it will be hard to top the first one though...i was just so awesome...im excited.

Racket_Man July 18th, 2010 7:29 am

July 22 after work I will be batch downloading it overnight.

magic_is_might July 18th, 2010 3:45 pm

Only 4 days left :clap:

The_Void_68 July 21st, 2010 3:17 pm

I simply cannot wait for the sequel. I doubt it'll be as good as the first, but It'll still be brilliant.

It'll be great if we see Pigfarts at some point. :D

Bella_Crucio_U July 22nd, 2010 5:23 am

I have finally watched AVPM recently and I love it! I'm actually pretty obsessed now. I can't wait to see the sequal tomorrow! It will most likely be great and just as good, if not better, as the first one. Exciting!

FilmGirl27 July 22nd, 2010 12:04 pm

:lol:I love AVPM!!! It's totally awesome! :lol: Quirrelmort are the best ship ever.

I'm so excited for the sequel, someone saw an advance screening, and they said it was even better than the first! :wow: That's pretty good. And it has something to do with Hogwarts P.E Class. :lol:

I have fingers crossed that we'll get more Quirrelmort, more Draco, and more Pigfarts. :clap:

AccioHP July 22nd, 2010 2:47 pm

Premeires tonight on YouTube at 8pm eastern!

MuggleGirl09 July 22nd, 2010 2:54 pm

Re: Harry Potter the Musical? Watch it or Not?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen_Princess (Post 5087580)
I find it a stupid idea, to be honest with you guys. But I will see it anyway. It actually might turn out good. But a musical

Yeah, I can't picture how the essence of the film and the books can be captured into a musical. It will probably end up being a musical comedy. However, still curious about it.

Perlidia July 22nd, 2010 8:18 pm

I have a kind of Christmas eve type excitement going on! I am trying to sleep now so I can watch AVPS at 1am.

merrymarge July 22nd, 2010 8:54 pm

I've only seen part of a Very Potter Musical. I watch some of it, then I give up. It is funny, but, I just don't care for it.

Bella_Crucio_U July 22nd, 2010 8:58 pm

Can't wait for the sequal later!! I'm super excited to watch it! Hoping it's as amazing as the first! AVPM is so funny! Love it!

Taryn9394 July 22nd, 2010 9:34 pm

Harry Potter Musical =BEST MUSICAL EVER!

Lauzzy July 22nd, 2010 11:17 pm

im so excited for this, only an hour and a half to go roughly, right?

Woo!

goldineye July 23rd, 2010 12:59 am

1 minutes left to wait for a AVMPS premieres on youtube.
I love AVPM. its totally awesome

magic_is_might July 23rd, 2010 1:01 am

I'm really excited! Waiting patiently :D

AccioHP July 23rd, 2010 1:51 am

About to watch now!! Cant wait :)

ArryGrotter July 23rd, 2010 6:02 am

Wow, I am amazed so far (only finished part 2 - It bufferring a lot :grumble:) how many new characters there are!!! Lucius, Yaxley, Umbridge, Rita, Sirius, Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred, George and Arthur! :wow:

weasley9 July 23rd, 2010 6:15 am

I just finished it! It's amazing, easily just as good (if not better? I'm not sure) as AVPM. The very end of it was just amazing.

magic_is_might July 23rd, 2010 6:56 am

Spoiler: show
Wow. I just finished it and I thought it was amazing - just as good as the first IMO :)

My favorite characters would have to be Draco and his "father" (Dobby?!) problems and toilet issues (and his drawings) - and of course, and Umbridge and her text messages :D

I thought the plot was well done and tied together very well and I liked all the little references to AVPM.

I also loved the Hermione/Draco interaction at the end :lol:

Bella_Crucio_U July 23rd, 2010 7:21 am

I finished watching Act 1 and I'm going to watch Act 2 in the morning. So far I absolutely love it!

I love how Voldmeort is now Umbridge! So funny! And poor Draco with his fatherly issues.

Darren criss is just amazing! I love him and his lovely voice! I am eager to watch Act 2.

snugglepot July 23rd, 2010 8:28 am

Tell me, please, are there any good Harry/Ginny moments? Do they sing together, at all? Are they a couple?
If the answers are "Yes" I will watch it, if not I will give it a miss.
I just loved in AVPM, the song Ginny sang about Harry not noticing her.

weasley9 July 23rd, 2010 8:59 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snugglepot (Post 5574480)
Tell me, please, are there any good Harry/Ginny moments? Do they sing together, at all? Are they a couple?
If the answers are "Yes" I will watch it, if not I will give it a miss.
I just loved in AVPM, the song Ginny sang about Harry not noticing her.

No. This takes place during Harry's first year at Hogwarts, so she' not there. She only has one scene. Howeve, I urge you to watch the musical anyway, because if you don't, you're really missing out!

Racket_Man July 23rd, 2010 10:13 am

batch downloading it now. I will watch it in its entireity over the weekend. can not wait!!!!!!!

snugglepot July 23rd, 2010 12:26 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by weasley9 (Post 5574498)
No. This takes place during Harry's first year at Hogwarts, so she' not there. She only has one scene. Howeve, I urge you to watch the musical anyway, because if you don't, you're really missing out!

Sorry, if Ginny's hardly in it I don't want to see it.

Jack5555 July 23rd, 2010 12:45 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by weasley9 (Post 5574498)

Darn it! I was hoping she would appear in Act 2. That ticks me off. Are Quirrell, Voldemort, or Cedric in Act 2 at all?

Perlidia July 23rd, 2010 1:06 pm

I think you should just watch it for what it is - all the new characters are great. It's following the plot of book 3, so that should give you an idea of what will happen and answer the question above.
I am happy they didn't rehash the original play - as said at the begining of the play, there is nowhere left to go with that.

I need to rewatch - I was up until 5:30 am watching last night and was so tired by the end but couldn't stop watching. I was really impressed, it was such a clever idea for a sequel.

ArryGrotter July 23rd, 2010 1:10 pm

Just finished it! :)

I felt the first act was quite slow, but like someone mentioned, the ending was great!For anyone wondering, it is basically PoA and OotP compressed into one story, but with extra added parts from PS and GoF, and even a bit from DH!

I don't think this was as good as the first one, though. But I did have a lot of laugh out loud moments :)

Also loved the references to AVPM like:
the scarf of sexual preference, dumbledore inviting umbridge to the hidden swimming pool, ron's headband, unjellify, 'you don't tell girls you like them, it makes you look like an idiot', etc. (there are too many to list :lol:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack5555 (Post 5574553)
Darn it! I was hoping she would appear in Act 2. That ticks me off. Are Quirrell, Voldemort, or Cedric in Act 2 at all?

Quirrell is mentioned as next years DADA teacher, and voldemort has a short cameo as the zefron horcrux :lol: I don't think the actor that played cedric's even in this one...

Perlidia July 23rd, 2010 1:15 pm

^he was, he played Lucius (a much better character in my mind)

FilmGirl27 July 23rd, 2010 1:59 pm

I just finished watching it. WOW WOW WOW! That might have been even better than the first one! How is that possible?! :wow:

I absolutely loved it! The ending almost made me cry! And the sheer amount of new characters, woah- Lucius, Umbridge ("Did you get my text?" :rotfl:), Luna, Fred and George, Arthur, Bill, Charlie, Firenze, Dean, Yaxley, Rita Skeeter, Lupin, Sirius! And they were all played perfectly! I think Lauren Lopez once again stole the show though. :lol: Draco is brilliant!

The whole thing was hilarious! And it explained a lot, like Ron's headband and his sweet tooth. "Redvines- What the hell can't they do?" :rotfl:

And Draco got his 4-part harmony. Aww. :D

All in all it was just FANTASTIC. :clap:

AccioHP July 23rd, 2010 3:13 pm

Im up to the third video from the second Act. Im loving it so far!!

Jack5555 July 23rd, 2010 3:29 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perlidia (Post 5574565)
^he was, he played Lucius (a much better character in my mind)

The guy who played Voldemort or the guy who played Quirrell?

Perlidia July 23rd, 2010 3:35 pm

Tyler who played Cedric in AVPM, plays Lucius in AVPS
Brian (Quirrell) is Seamas and Joe (Voldy) is Umbridge.

Schlubalybub July 23rd, 2010 4:00 pm

You know what? This kept popping up on the "new post" list so I thought, sod it, I'll look it up. And I discover that the sequel was only released today. I will now watch both!

magic_is_might July 23rd, 2010 4:51 pm

One of my favorite parts would have to be Hermione telling Draco that he's a stepping stone. Poor Draco :lol: At least he meets Luna who knows all about Pigfarts (and Prof. McGonagills, the flying fish) and wears diapers like he does ("All respectable wizards do")

I think Lauren Lopez did a fantastic job (again) as Draco :D And Joe Walker did great as Umbridge.

And I'm thinking that the 'infamous Hogwarts jaguar' is Hermione's cat, Crookshanks...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schlubalybub (Post 5574614)
You know what? This kept popping up on the "new post" list so I thought, sod it, I'll look it up. And I discover that the sequel was only released today. I will now watch both!

I hope you enjoy it - it's well worth the time :)

The_Void_68 July 23rd, 2010 7:27 pm

Oh sweet lord that was amazing! Brilliant, just... brilliant.

Lucius was a fantastic villain, but he was completely outshone by Umbridge, quite possibly the funniest character since Goyle, just had me constantly in stitches every time she was on stage. Draco was brilliant as always, the trio were great, and I absolutely loved Lupin. Snape was fantastic too, I loved the serious touches they gave his character. And Luna! Great to see her. The songs were brilliant, "Home" touched me quite deeply, and the reprise of "Going back to Hogwarts" and the end literally sent shivers down my spine. Gosh, I think I've ran out of superlatives....

The only criticism I'd have is not enough Quirrel and/or Voldemort. Did like his cameo at the end though. :D

"Redvines - what can't they do?"