Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Muggle Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   "A Very Potter Musical" (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=122481)

magic_is_might July 23rd, 2010 8:13 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Void_68 (Post 5574690)
Oh sweet lord that was amazing! Brilliant, just... brilliant.

Spoiler: show

Lucius was a fantastic villain, but he was completely outshone by Umbridge, quite possibly the funniest character since Goyle, just had me constantly in stitches every time she was on stage.

the reprise of "Going back to Hogwarts" and the end literally sent shivers down my spine. Gosh, I think I've ran out of superlatives....

Although he was outshone by Umbridge, I still loved his character - he had me laughing :lol: And all Draco wanted was his approval... And I also got shivers when they played the reprise... is that weird? :p

JJFinch July 23rd, 2010 8:51 pm

I only started watching the first one yesterday, and got up to the eight or ninth one, but my YouTube was buffering really slowly, so I've given up for the moment. It is absolutely brilliant though. SOOO funny, and the singing is pretty good! =D

Jack5555 July 23rd, 2010 9:14 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perlidia (Post 5574611)
Tyler who played Cedric in AVPM, plays Lucius in AVPS
Brian (Quirrell) is Seamas and Joe (Voldy) is Umbridge.

Okay, thank you for clearing that up!
And does the girl who played Ginny in AVPM play Skeeter?

magic_is_might July 23rd, 2010 9:17 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack5555 (Post 5574731)
Okay, thank you for clearing that up!
And does the girl who played Ginny in AVPM play Skeeter?

Yes, she does :)

Perlidia July 23rd, 2010 9:45 pm

I think this is the best thing they have done and I really love MAMD and AVPM.
I am nearly finished my rewatch of act 1, and it is really blowing me away.
They deserve nothing but good things for unselfishly making something so clever purely for the entertainment of others.

JustAnIllusion July 23rd, 2010 9:45 pm

Umbridge made my entire life. Really, the sequel lived up to my expectations.

Perlidia July 23rd, 2010 9:55 pm

^ lol I love your signature

Jack5555 July 23rd, 2010 10:19 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAnIllusion (Post 5574740)

I didn't meet mine. I was ticked we only got one scene with Ginny.
Okay, so Harry's little possy included Dean, Seamus, Cho, Lavender, Neville, and someone else (wasn't it the woman who played Mrs. Weasley?). Did I miss her name or was she not given one?

Perlidia July 23rd, 2010 10:25 pm

she (Lilly Marks) was Pansy in AVPM.
There was no place for Ginny - they said she was a freshman in AVPM. I did love Jamie's Rita, I thought that more than made up for it.

FilmGirl27 July 23rd, 2010 10:25 pm

I forgot to add this to my last post, so here's the sequel in a word:

REDVINES!!!! :clap:

magic_is_might July 23rd, 2010 10:26 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAnIllusion (Post 5574740)

It did mine too and I wasn't expecting it to be better then AVPM but I was very impressed. Btw, I love your avi and sig :D

Perlidia July 23rd, 2010 10:28 pm

:lol: Iove that a fan sent them all those red vines!

elursoboh July 23rd, 2010 10:32 pm

i just finished watching it a little bit ago...tried last night but it took too much time to buffer.
i love lucius! his "fabulousness" is pretty fantastic.:D

Numenorian July 24th, 2010 2:05 am

I just finished watching AVPM and I love it! Quirrell and Voldemort are h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s!
These guys are the materialised form of awesomeness!

magic_is_might July 24th, 2010 2:28 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numenorian (Post 5574868)
I just finished watching AVPM and I love it! Quirrell and Voldemort are h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s!
These guys are the materialised form of awesomeness!

They are - needless to say, they've created a lot of 'Quirrelmort' shippers :lol:

Have you seen the sequel yet?

Bella_Crucio_U July 24th, 2010 2:43 am

So I finished it earlier and I LOVE it!!! I love all the new characters and it was hilarious!

Joe Walker as Umbridge was quite posibly the best thing ever. Draco was funny too. Especially all of his drawings. Loved t=all the redvines stuff.

I was dying of laughter when Ron was trying to take the Jacob poster down and it wouldn't come off the wall. The improv after was great!

One of the best things has to be Joe Walker continually saying "Did you get my test" and "Why didn't you respong?". His little dance and song to Dumbledore also had my laughing so hard! He pretty much made the play, IMO.
And of course Darren Criss was excellent with his voice and cuteness :)

Perlidia July 24th, 2010 2:47 am

Finished my rewatch and I can't believe how much better the sequel is. I knew I would like it, but I thought it had little chance of surpassing AVPM. Not only does it deliver, it brings Team Starkid to a whole new level. Disregarding the costumes, props and wonderful set, the writing, performances and music have all advanced.
I loved the puppets also, they were a great addition.
Its mind blowing that such talented friends could come together and work so hard to produce something so wonderful for so little profit.

Jack5555 July 24th, 2010 4:32 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perlidia (Post 5574882)
Finished my rewatch and I can't believe how much better the sequel is. I knew I would like it, but I thought it had little chance of surpassing AVPM. Not only does it deliver, it brings Team Starkid to a whole new level. Disregarding the costumes, props and wonderful set, the writing, performances and music have all advanced.
I loved the puppets also, they were a great addition.
Its mind blowing that such talented friends could come together and work so hard to produce something so wonderful for so little profit.

Lol, the puppets were amazing. And I like how the Sorting Hat and the Scarf of Sexual Preference got married :p.
And wasn't Dean the woman who played Bellatrix in AVPM?

Perlidia July 24th, 2010 4:49 pm

Yes, Britney Coleman. She was great as Dean. I am rewatching the quidditch match - that dance is so good. I love the sequel - it's much funnier and more heartfelt than AVPM.
They play kids so well - they do seem a lot younger, not just with dialog and dress, but body language and expressions. They are all so talented.

SaraHaley July 24th, 2010 6:56 pm

I finally got to watch the sequel last night and it definitely lived up to my expectations. I loved it!! These guys are so talented to come up with something like AVPM and AVPS. All the characters are enjoyable to watch, especially the mean ones like Umbridge and Voldemort. Joe Walker plays them so well! The songs are all catchy- I really loved the one Hermonie sang in AVPS- and the storylines are awesome.

The second one definitely had more effort put into it and was better. :tu:
I'm gonna rewatch it tonight when I get time!

Clockworthy July 25th, 2010 10:31 pm

I am just up to the First Task on AVPM--I seriously regret not seeing this earlier. I couldn't stop laughing at Harry and Draco's conversation right before it :lol: Can't wait to see the sequel.

ignisia July 26th, 2010 12:36 am

I finished AVPS yesterday. Definitely a great watch. I haven't laughed this hard in a while. And not only laughed-- AVPS had a lot more touching moments. There were a few points where I wanted to cry. I definitely recommend you see it if you haven't already! :tu:

AccioHP July 26th, 2010 3:02 am

I watched all of AVPS!! It was great and very funny at many parts. I don't know which one I like better. I'll have to watch A very potter musical again because I haven't watched it in a long time

Chouette July 26th, 2010 5:35 am

I almost feel guilty for saying it, because AVPS was certainly great, but I do prefer AVPM still. Mostly because there were more songs in AVPM, which was my favorite part... oh well. I loved "The Coolest Girl", though- and Umbridge was, as always, amazing.

magic_is_might July 26th, 2010 6:54 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chouette (Post 5576199)
I almost feel guilty for saying it, because AVPS was certainly great, but I do prefer AVPM still. Mostly because there were more songs in AVPM, which was my favorite part... oh well. I loved "The Coolest Girl", though- and Umbridge was, as always, amazing.

I agree! I think Draco is my favorite in both of them :)

Draco, you little poof! :lol:

teenagekicks July 27th, 2010 9:41 pm

Only today got round to watching A Very Potter Musical, and am currently watching A Very Potter Sequel. I was just a bit apprehensive about it before I watched it, but after seeing it, I thought it was generally hilarious. Normally I must confess I don't like American humour (no offence intended), but I think those guys did an absolutely fantastic job. And I concluded it doesn't matter who uses Harry Potter based humour, because it is just so darn hilarious.
My favourite bits were the Ron/Hermione scene and all the Quirell and Voldemort scenes, I laughed so much when he came out made of two people, I almost fell off my chair laughing!

Bella_Crucio_U July 28th, 2010 6:09 pm

Yeah I still don't know if I like Joe Walker better as Voldemort or Umbridge. He is so funny! I need to re-watch AVPM. AVPS was hilarious but I still think I like the first one better.

"Dumbador! Didju get muh text??"
"Well ya didn't text me back!" Haha

AVPM/S is the best thing I've seen ion a while!

Numenorian July 28th, 2010 6:17 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella_Crucio_U (Post 5578189)
Yeah I still don't know if I like Joe Walker better as Voldemort or Umbridge. He is so funny! I need to re-watch AVPM. AVPS was hilarious but I still think I like the first one better.

"Dumbador! Didju get muh text??"
"Well ya didn't text me back!" Haha

AVPM/S is the best thing I've seen ion a while!

It's the best thing I've ever seen! :D

Joe Walker kicks Ralph Fiennes' behind! :D

tommypman July 28th, 2010 8:58 pm

I loved AVPS!!!

My favorite part was Lupin, my God was he hilarious or what? Honestly, I thought the actor who played Lupin in the musical captured the essence of the character much better than the actor in the movies.

I also love the Peter Pan reference... "Any happy little thought"?

gelowo93 July 28th, 2010 9:30 pm

I can't decide whether AVPS is better than AVPM or not :hmm: I think I prefer AVPM because it's clearly just a fan made production made for fun and it being amateur-ish is part of it's charm but AVPS is more professional - I think it's amazing that the background is the cover from the American PS :yay: - which makes it better quality but ... :shrug: I don't know, AVPM is funnier but AVPS is maybe just a little bit better even though it is too long

I think the dancing during all the songs is amazing, especially at the beginning of the Quidditch scene. And I love the little references to the first one, like Ron's headband, Pigfarts, "You don't tell a girl you like them, it just makes you look like an idiot" etc. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numenorian (Post 5578192)
Joe Walker kicks Ralph Fiennes' behind! :D

Joe Walker is definitely better than Ralph Fiennes :D I love the Quirrel/Voldemort scenes. He's also pretty good as Umbridge:

"I only eat protein shakes, falcon eggs and ROCKS!" :rotfl:

magic_is_might July 31st, 2010 12:51 am

The soundtrack for AVPS will be available tomorrow for free - just in time for Harry and Jo's birthday (and Joey Richter) :D

See here for more info :)

Numenorian July 31st, 2010 12:59 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by gelowo93 (Post 5578337)
Joe Walker is definitely better than Ralph Fiennes :D I love the Quirrel/Voldemort scenes. He's also pretty good as Umbridge:

"I only eat protein shakes, falcon eggs and ROCKS!" :rotfl:

He's great at both!

"I'm happy as a squirrel, as long as I'm with Mr. Quirrel!" Maybe it's the way he says it, but it cracks me up every single time :D
Quirrel is awesome too (great singer, no?) :D

AVPM July 31st, 2010 5:06 am

AVPM and AVPS are the only plays that I can watch over and over again. They are so well done and so funny that I've actually downloaded them to my iPod.

magic_is_might July 31st, 2010 8:32 am

The AVPS soundtrack is out now, but I am disappointed that we only get 5 songs - the rest you have to buy from 'A Very Starkid Album' on iTunes.

Does anyone have the full soundtrack song list? I'm not sure which songs on the Starkid album are from AVPS.

ArryGrotter July 31st, 2010 9:52 am

From what I can tell, these are the songs that are in AVPS:

From AVPS album:

1. Lucius Malfoy & the Death Eaters! - Not Over Yet 05:49
2. Ron, Rita Skeeter, Harry, & Platform 9 3/4 - Harry Freakin' Potter 04:31
3. Harry, Ron, Lupin, & the Gang - Hermione Can't Draw 01:16
4. Dumbledore & Umbridge - Gettin' Along 02:39
5. Lucius Malfoy & Snape - Guys Like Potter 03:18

From Very Starkid Album:

2 To Have a Home - Darren Criss 3:55
3 The Coolest Girl - Bonnie Gruesen 3:16

5 Those Voices - Nicholas Joseph Strauss-Matathia, Darren Criss, Arielle Goldman & Brian Rosenthal 3:14
6 Stutter - Joe Walker 2:48
7 No Way - Darren Criss, Lauren Lopez, Joey Richter & Bonnie Gruesen

In chronological order, this'd be:

3 To Have a Home - Darren Criss 3:55
4 The Coolest Girl - Bonnie Gruesen 3:16
5. Harry, Ron, Lupin, & the Gang - Hermione Can't Draw 01:16
6. Dumbledore & Umbridge - Gettin' Along 02:39
7 Those Voices - Nicholas Joseph Strauss-Matathia, Darren Criss, Arielle Goldman & Brian Rosenthal 3:14
8. Lucius Malfoy & Snape - Guys Like Potter 03:18
9 Stutter - Joe Walker 2:48
10 No Way - Darren Criss, Lauren Lopez, Joey Richter & Bonnie Gruesen

I can't remember if that's all of the songs, but that a disappointing list, considering that there were 18 songs for AVPM :shrug:

HPFanNZ July 31st, 2010 11:32 am

I've just got the free ones and I'm planning to get a Itunes card so I can get the rest on Monday.
AVSA is only like NZ$19 on the New Zealand Itunes store. Can't wait to get it.

magic_is_might July 31st, 2010 5:49 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArryGrotter (Post 5580247)

From AVPS album:

From Very Starkid Album:

5 Those Voices - Nicholas Joseph Strauss-Matathia, Darren Criss, Arielle Goldman & Brian Rosenthal 3:14

7 Those Voices - Nicholas Joseph Strauss-Matathia, Darren Criss, Arielle Goldman & Brian Rosenthal 3:14

I can't remember if that's all of the songs, but that a disappointing list, considering that there were 18 songs for AVPM :shrug:

Thank you so much!

gelowo93 July 31st, 2010 6:28 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArryGrotter (Post 5580247)

From AVPS album:

From Very Starkid Album:

You've missed Days of Summer, which is on A Very Starkid Album. It's the last song they sing (except for Going Back)

Racket_Man July 31st, 2010 6:36 pm

I was looking around on YouTube and there is a video from Infinitius where Nick Lang (I think) states there is the possiblity of a THIRD StarKid Potter production (if the stars are right and people like the 2d one) AND they already have ideas for a third round. It is around the 2:40 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOKNkULIbVo

TeamRemusLupin7 August 1st, 2010 5:43 am

If they make a third one, I won't give up until I've found some way to get over there and see it live. I'd do just about anything for that...

ArryGrotter August 1st, 2010 5:48 am

I don't get how they'll do a third one... They've already shown the first 2 years and they know that there is no conflict if they show the 3rd-7th years :shrug:

I think the time-travel thing worked well for the sequel, but I don't know what time period they would be able to do for the third.

The only book they haven't taken the main plot from yet is CoS. But I don't know how they could show that story with all the staff dead. :shrug:

TeamRemusLupin7 August 1st, 2010 6:10 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArryGrotter (Post 5580815)
I don't get how they'll do a third one... They've already shown the first 2 years and they know that there is no conflict if they show the 3rd-7th years :shrug:

That is a point... but I have faith in those guys. I'm sure they can work something out that will be just as brilliant. I never would have thought a sequel could be pulled off, but boy did they show me. And I think they can come up with something great for a third one as well if they put their minds to it.

Perlidia August 1st, 2010 10:21 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamRemusLupin7 (Post 5580826)
That is a point... but I have faith in those guys. I'm sure they can work something out that will be just as brilliant. I never would have thought a sequel could be pulled off, but boy did they show me. And I think they can come up with something great for a third one as well if they put their minds to it.

I agree. I know they had an idea which was worked on and then put aside while developing the sequel. They have hinted at going back to this for a possible third instalment.
I would love to see what else they could do with the Harry Potter story (The deathly hallows have not been touched or COS and some of the PS).
However I would really love to see more independent stuff from them. MAMD was fantastic and it’s nice to think they can make some money off it.
Anything they do will be great, they have proved themselves over and over again, so I am not that worried about their chosen subject matter - if it is Potter, rest assured they will find a way to make it work.

Chouette August 6th, 2010 7:03 am

As far as a third musical goes, I'm sure if it happens it'll be great; everything they've done so far has been fantastic.
Besides, in the AVPM universe they've already shown that timeline continuity is completely irrelevant, so they're free to skip around as much as they like!

Jack5555 August 13th, 2010 11:28 pm

A Very Potter Sequel. Part 2. Act 11. 'Nuff said.
If they do make a third one, I have complete faith. I didn't think a second one was possible, but they sure showed me wrong. I think I may even like AVPS better than AVPM. Boy I wish I had it on DVD.

Weasley_Girl21 August 14th, 2010 12:30 pm

I less than three AVPS ;)
I must admit I prefer Joe Walker as Voldy, but that's probably just the lack of a shirt talking ;) :drool:
I missed the Quirrelmort bromance, but the musical was great regardless :D

As for a third musical, I don't know what they'd do. Maybe a mashup of getting the Sorcerer's Stone and CoS? That could bring back Voldy, seeing as he was a ghost at the end of AVPM *hopes*
Regardless, it would still be amazing and I hope they do it, but it would be nice to see them do an independent show that they can make money out of.

gelowo93 August 14th, 2010 3:01 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weasley_Girl21 (Post 5589595)
That could bring back Voldy, seeing as he was a ghost at the end of AVPM *hopes*

That's the only way I can see them making a sequel - it would be a bit weird though if you watched them in order because you'd be going from the 2nd year to the 1st year and then to the 3rd year :hmm: But then again those guys are geniuses, I'm sure they could make it work.

The other problem they have is that the only teachers they have are Snape and Dumbledore, Snape's dead and Dumbledore's at Pigfarts so they'd have to have it set at Pigfarts. Actually, that isn't a problem - it would be amazing if it was set at Pigfarts :D

But I agree that they should do another independent show so that they don't get stuck doing Harry Potter musicals forever. Plus they can make money off other things which is better for them, so I'm not too bothered what they do. They could do another sequel and something else if they wanted to because they managed AVPM, MAMD and AVPS in just over a year so who knows :)

ignisia August 14th, 2010 4:16 pm

I always had this idea that if they made a third one set a year after AVPM, they could just have one or more of the dead characters walk onstage, Harry would ask them "Wait, aren't you dead?" and the character would just go "Meh. *shrug*"
Then they'd get on with the rest of the play as though nothing weird had happened. :rotfl:

I agree that they should make some more independent productions. They've got a lot of people viewing their HP stuff, and I think those same audiences will also be interested in the other things they have planned.

Weasley_Girl21 August 15th, 2010 4:42 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ignisia (Post 5589652)
I always had this idea that if they made a third one set a year after AVPM, they could just have one or more of the dead characters walk onstage, Harry would ask them "Wait, aren't you dead?" and the character would just go "Meh. *shrug*"
Then they'd get on with the rest of the play as though nothing weird had happened. :rotfl:

That is a brilliant idea :D I can totally see Darren/Harry's face saying that XD

Quote:

I agree that they should make some more independent productions. They've got a lot of people viewing their HP stuff, and I think those same audiences will also be interested in the other things they have planned.

:agree: I watched [another production of theirs] because of AVPM, so no doubt a lot of people would be led to other shows because of their Potter musicals :)

ArryGrotter August 15th, 2010 5:04 am

Quote:

Then they'd get on with the rest of the play as though nothing weird had happened.

I actually thought this is what would happen in AVPS, but I was very happy with what they ended up with :lol:

mexicant August 16th, 2010 1:56 am

Just a reminder to refrain from referencing their less-than-family-friendly productions, guys. ;) They may be amusing, but I'd rather not have them discussed here as they are both off-topic and against the forum rules.

PeaceLoveMagic August 31st, 2010 12:09 pm

Quote:

Yes! Can't you just imagine the following:

Dumbledore (back from pigfarts): Well, seeing as snape is dead, we had to find a new potions master...

*snape barges in*

snape: WHAT THE DEVIL IS GOING ON HEREEEEE??!

dumbledore: snape! what? but..but i thought you were dead!

snape: dead? why that's ABSUUUUUUURD

gelowo93 August 31st, 2010 12:27 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeaceLoveMagic (Post 5601022)
Dumbledore (back from pigfarts): Well, seeing as snape is dead, we had to find a new potions master...

*snape barges in*

:rotfl: I love it :rotfl: That should definitely happen if they decide to do something like that.

Kierstoast September 5th, 2010 2:21 am

Or they could quite possibly have a long winded and complicated speech about defeating death that makes perfect sense, but no one listens because it's so long, so someone cuts them off in the middles and goes "yeah yeah." I could see that happening as well.

PhoebeCaulfield September 5th, 2010 8:33 pm

Am I the only one who likes the idea of a Marauder's Era musical? It would be pretty cool, and if they wanted to keep the three main characters in the musical, then they could put in another time-travelling frame. I kind of want to see a Marauders bromance.

teenagekicks September 5th, 2010 10:17 pm

I was thinking possible future stuff. With the kids at Hogwarts. Make complete similarities with Harry/Ron/Hermione/Ginny/Draco's children, to the characters they played in the first two. They could make up whatever they want within reason then, in regards to the musical. Also I don't believe we ever saw anything in particular regarding the Ministry of Magic in AVPM/AVPS. So they could do part of it showing Ron/Hermione/Harry's jobs at the Ministry and their kids at Hogwarts. Perhaps. Maybe too much?! No, nothing is too much for those guys.

fattoad September 5th, 2010 11:56 pm

I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't got round to watching even the first musical -.-

Snuffy September 6th, 2010 2:27 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by fattoad (Post 5604364)
I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't got round to watching even the first musical -.-

Don't be ashamed. Its not like broadway or anything. I really don't see what the big deal is. I wouldn't sit and watch the whole thing on you tube let alone actually go out and see these people.

Jack5555 September 6th, 2010 3:00 am

Quote:

*snape barges in*

That would be perfect! I love Snape so much in AVPM and AVPS!

MacPotter September 9th, 2010 10:17 am

Umbridge is my favourite Does any one know the name of The actor is playing it?

gelowo93 September 9th, 2010 12:45 pm

Joe Walker plays Umbridge - the same actor who plays Voldemort in the first one :)

hpseeker7 September 25th, 2010 4:28 pm

Quote:

*snape barges in*

I absolutely LOVE this idea! I could definitely see that happening.

hpseeker7 September 27th, 2010 1:42 am

Guys! Darren Criss (Harry in AVPM and AVPS) has been cast in Glee! He will be playing Blaine,
Kurt's possible boyfriend/friend
!! Congrats to him. :clap:

magic_is_might September 27th, 2010 3:46 am

A few months ago, after watching AVPS - my brother asked me to try and duplicate Draco's drawings from AVPS. So I did. I would've posted them awhile ago, but my scanner didn't work. But today, I got it to work:

I had the drawing that Draco made of Harry on the broom with Draco laughing at him, but my brother lost it :grumble:

I did draw the picture of Draco on the potty - but I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post the link here since it has some mild... parts :shrug: Can anyone let me know if that's okay...? If not, I just post the one with Hermione and Draco's wedding with Rumbleroar for now :)

Draco and Hermione's wedding on Mars :)

If you want the other picture - you could e-mail or owl me and I'll send you the link if that's okay ;)

Please keep in mind that I drew these from blurry stills of the YouTube videos - so it may not be perfect. Also, free to use, but credit to me, Brittani :)

hpseeker7 September 27th, 2010 9:09 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic_is_might (Post 5617066)
A few months ago, after watching AVPS - my brother asked me to try and duplicate Draco's drawings from AVPS. So I did. I would've posted them awhile ago, but my scanner didn't work. But today, I got it to work:

I had the drawing that Draco made of Harry on the broom with Draco laughing at him, but my brother lost it :grumble:

I did draw the picture of Draco on the potty - but I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post the link here since it has some mild... parts :shrug: Can anyone let me know if that's okay...? If not, I just post the one with Hermione and Draco's wedding with Rumbleroar for now :)

Draco and Hermione's wedding on Mars :)

If you want the other picture - you could e-mail or owl me and I'll send you the link if that's okay ;)

Please keep in mind that I drew these from blurry stills of the YouTube videos - so it may not be perfect. Also, free to use, but credit to me, Brittani :)

Is that cross hatching I detect? ;) haha But seriously, that is a really good drawing. You did a great job, and I absolutely love it. :clap:

magic_is_might September 27th, 2010 11:24 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpseeker7 (Post 5617492)
Is that cross hatching I detect? ;)

:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpseeker7 (Post 5617492)
haha But seriously, that is a really good drawing. You did a great job, and I absolutely love it. :clap:

Thank you :p

Rell September 29th, 2010 3:42 am

Does anyone know if the AVPS soundtrack is available to download?

magic_is_might September 29th, 2010 4:19 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rell (Post 5618348)
Does anyone know if the AVPS soundtrack is available to download?

Yes and no - they did have only a few songs available for free downloads on Bandcamp, but they ran out of free downloads to people. So currently those are unavailable :shrug:

Then, the AVPS songs that don't mention Harry Potter related content, you have to buy on iTunes on their album 'A Very Starkid Album'.

It's not completely free, unlike their album from AVPM, which was completely free.

So, songs that are Harry Potter related are free - but not available right now. The songs that are available, you have to buy on iTunes. I know they have to make money somehow, but I was disappointed :shrug:

I wish all their songs were also a free album, like AVPM.

Weasley_Girl21 September 29th, 2010 8:27 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic_is_might (Post 5618361)
I wish all their songs were also a free album, like AVPM.

So do I, but it's good that they can make money from their stuff. They definitely deserve to :agree:

Also, yay for Darren on Glee! He will be great, I can see it now :tu:

LizaW September 29th, 2010 2:12 pm

Boy am I glad that this thread exsits!! because I'm a HUGE fan of AVPM/AVPS! :O

And honestly, they make me crack up in the worst of times, especially in school, specifically in biology, when the teacher keeps saying squirrel :lol: Because, honestly who can hate the Voldy- Quirrel Bromance?
And the sequel, oh the sequel is fantastic! Poor Draco, such funny moments!

And one last thing, Weasley_Girl21, I ADORE your siggy :lol:

weasley9 November 10th, 2010 12:15 am

Am I the only one who is suffering through AVPM/S obession fatigue? I do not understand it. I do love the musicals and think they're hilarious and the people who made it are very talented, but I feel when it comes down to it, it still is just a parody.

I dunno. The references being dropped left and right have started to irratate me, and I am getting kinda tired of all the obsession.

mcatherine November 10th, 2010 2:10 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpseeker7 (Post 5616973)
Guys! Darren Criss (Harry in AVPM and AVPS) has been cast in Glee! He will be playing Blaine,
Kurt's possible boyfriend/friend
!! Congrats to him. :clap:

His episode was on tonight. :)
He sang Teenage Dream, better than Katy Perry's version for sure.

exl2398 November 10th, 2010 4:15 am

what is AVPS?

mexicant November 10th, 2010 7:17 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by exl2398 (Post 5645776)
what is AVPS?

The aptly titled "A Very Potter Sequel". ^_^

Weasley_Girl21 November 10th, 2010 11:10 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizaW (Post 5618468)
And one last thing, Weasley_Girl21, I ADORE your siggy :lol:

Thank you :)

Just watched Darren in Glee - great episode. Made the whole thing! :clap:

HMN November 10th, 2010 1:27 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weasley_Girl21 (Post 5645878)
Just watched Darren in Glee - great episode. Made the whole thing! :clap:

Yesterday morning I was listening to AVPM songs over and over. Today I'm listening to Teenage Dream over and over. Thankfully I have it on the DVR so I can watch it over and over too!

I hope others from AVPM/S get cast for bigger things too. I'd love to see Draco cast in something...

exl2398 November 10th, 2010 4:52 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mexicant (Post 5645837)
The aptly titled "A Very Potter Sequel". ^_^

ah

so the series has actually been made into a muscal, or no? I know michael jackson wanted to put together a harry potter musical but Jo said no.

gelowo93 November 10th, 2010 5:31 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by exl2398 (Post 5646057)
so the series has actually been made into a muscal, or no? I know michael jackson wanted to put together a harry potter musical but Jo said no.

Sort of, it's just a group of musical theatre students who thought it would be fun and they put it up on youtube. The first one is the main plot mashed together, so it has Voldemort's rebirth and then the search for the horcruxes and the battle at the end, but apart from that's it's not really canon at all. The sequel is the PoA plot but expanded a bit.

HMN November 10th, 2010 5:38 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by exl2398 (Post 5646057)
ah

Plus it falls into the parody category, and the students who put the play on are not allowed to profit on it.

Severely Snapped November 18th, 2010 4:38 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack5555 (Post 5604456)
That would be perfect! I love Snape so much in AVPM and AVPS!

Oh, me too. He's brilliant. :love:

I have never, in my entire life, done an actual honest-to-God spit-take until drunk Snape told Harry what he wanted to do to Lily "just once." :rotfl:

Thank God I was at work and almost ruined their monitor rather than my own.

DarkMark771 February 21st, 2011 9:39 pm

I love these shows. They're absolutely hilarious! I certainly don't have any problem with laughing at books, movies, and other things I like. And on top of that, in addition to being really funny parodies, I think AVPM and AVPS are also very well-done musicals in their own right. The songs are catchy, the lines are well-written, and the actors are quite good. I know it's a pipe dream, but I certainly wouldn't mind if WB allowed this show to go to Broadway one day. In fact, I think I'd like that better than if WB attempted a "legit" HP musical.

PrezLeefun February 21st, 2011 11:38 pm

I watched the Very Potter Musical online (youtube) It was hilarious. Very funny and lighthearted, and IMO well acted and the music was great.

ILuvDarkMarks February 22nd, 2011 3:25 am

I was so nervous that these shows would ruin Harry Potter for me, but luckily that is soooo not the case! AVPM and AVPS are so cleverly written and have such a talented cast. They're just so hilarious; I can watch them over and over and over and still laugh at the jokes because they're still funny! It's clear that the writers actually read the books instead of just going with what they think they know, as is common with most HP parodies. I say they should make a Very Potter Musical Three-quel ;)

DarkMark771 February 22nd, 2011 6:08 pm

Yeah, that's the other thing... They clearly did read the books (and pretty carefully as well) to find the jokes and inspiration for songs, rather than just going by the movies or plot summaries. They've definitely done their homework, and that makes the shows even better and funnier as a result.

magic_is_might February 22nd, 2011 10:22 pm

I love the little details like when they mention "Winky" and "the hidden swimming pool" - very vague, but true Potter fans love those :D

Lili_Tonks17 February 22nd, 2011 11:04 pm

I love the Very Potter Musical! It is hilarious, and it mentions a lot of things from the book, even some of the smaller things, as magic_is_might said.

AnnaClearwater February 24th, 2011 2:09 am

The reason these shows are so 'totally awesome' is beacause the writers and cast are all self-confessed Potter nerds like us! They all adore the series and love the films too. I think that's why the shows work so well :)

No_Name February 24th, 2011 4:11 pm

I saw it today, and I'm gonna watch the sequel tonight, its absolutely hilarious! But some scenes are just frightning (espcially that one after they'd killed Fudge, I mean, eww....)

AccioSeverus February 25th, 2011 7:23 pm

AVPM/AVPS are an absolute masterpiece. I watch them both at least once a week. Snape gets me in stitches every time (especially in the "Hey, Lupin, wanna come look at the full moon with me? Haha, zombies 8D" bit LOL) he's on, as well as Lupin, Voldemort, Umbridge, Yaxley, Ron (naturally), Draco (FTW), and Lucius.

Oh, and Firenze, lool.

Here's to hoping they make a threequel, because they are way too talented and way too funny and people love them way too much for them not to make a third one. I'm sure they could somehow work around Darren Criss's Glee schedule, to make one last one.

MsBinns February 26th, 2011 1:59 pm

So I'm watching A Very Potter Sequel for the first time and just watched Lupin's transformation. I am cracking up at the "this heart is where you truly live!" bit. Too funny...

wicked87 March 13th, 2011 6:16 am

The past week I have been watching AVPM/S for the first time and I'm in love! I'll be at work and then I'll randomly laugh at loud because I remember parts of the plays. Today it was thinking about Lucius choreographing the dance for Harry, and the other day it was the "Cho Chang song".

"You're cuter than a guinea pig, gonna take you down to Winnipeg, THAT's in Canada!"

BTW how cute is Darren Criss with his curls? :drool:

iambeffy89 March 13th, 2011 6:25 am

I just watched A Very Potter Musical for the first time on request of a friend, I found it so funny! It's great that we're able to laugh at the books as well as enjoy them! It also shows how much of an impact it's made on peoples lives!

Also, I loved to see that the was Darren Criss, I love him in Glee :D

Potter_fan March 13th, 2011 4:11 pm

can someone post a link to AVPM?

messrsmoony March 13th, 2011 5:05 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potter_fan (Post 5709430)
can someone post a link to AVPM?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmwM_AKeMCk

Enjoy!

BookReader March 13th, 2011 7:47 pm

Love AVPM/AVPS! I've watched both like a hundred times and each time they have me cracking up.

My favorite characters would have to be Malfoy, Umbridge, Voldemort, Snape, Dumbledore, and of course Ron.

No_Name March 13th, 2011 11:46 pm

Just finished AVPS, it was awesome.

MsBinns March 14th, 2011 12:13 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BookReader (Post 5709511)
Love AVPM/AVPS! I've watched both like a hundred times and each time they have me cracking up.

My favorite characters would have to be Malfoy, Umbridge, Voldemort, Snape, Dumbledore, and of course Ron.

Snape makes me crack up every time he is on screen! Ron makes me laugh every time he talks to Ginny or Hermione. I love how he and Harry call her "Herman" for most of AVPS. Lupin was really pretty awesome too.

Potter_fan March 14th, 2011 1:21 am

ok as one that was originally against a Harry Potter musical this is my impression so far. I am currently on Act 1 Part 6 and while there have been some funny parts (what in the hell is a hufflepuff?) I have found a lot of it to be mind numbingly stupid. For example why was Malfoy rolling around on the ground while talking about PigFarts? I will finish watching it just because but I am not impressed.

magic_is_might March 14th, 2011 3:25 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potter_fan (Post 5709641)
ok as one that was originally against a Harry Potter musical this is my impression so far. I am currently on Act 1 Part 6 and while there have been some funny parts (what in the hell is a hufflepuff?) I have found a lot of it to be mind numbingly stupid. For example why was Malfoy rolling around on the ground while talking about PigFarts? I will finish watching it just because but I am not impressed.

Well, to be fair, it's supposed to be "stupid".

Just a matter of preference, I guess.

wicked87 March 14th, 2011 4:59 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BookReader (Post 5709511)

Malfoy is my fav, and I love how Ron has a snack in literally every scene he's in haha