Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Muggle Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   "A Very Potter Musical" (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=122481)

mollypotter August 25th, 2011 2:31 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Gaah I love all the music so much. But I love it when Harry gets angry.

IM GOING TO THROW EVERY CURSE I HAVE AT THEM...ALOHAMORA, LUMOS,...

magic_is_might August 28th, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
'A Very Starkid Threequel' has been confirmed! :D

Starkid Threequel Confirmed

I'm really excited to see what Starkid has up their sleeve for this one.

I also just learned that Evanna Lynch is rumored to be in this one :D If true, that'd be awesome!

potter_gleek August 29th, 2011 9:25 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by magic_is_might (Post 5856872)
'A Very Starkid Threequel' has been confirmed! :D

Starkid Threequel Confirmed

I'm really excited to see what Starkid has up their sleeve for this one.

I also just learned that Evanna Lynch is rumored to be in this one :D If true, that'd be awesome!

I am so excited for this, though I haven't got a clue which storyline they're going to follow next. Unless they just take the characters and the setting and make a completely new plot. I don't know whether I'd prefer Joe to be Umbridge or Voldemort this time though. Both were such hilarious characters. I'd love to see Draco and Luna come back and if Evanna's joining that would be amazing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tru0001 (Post 5848664)
Did you cry with laughter or cried when he appeared... or maybe did you cry when Harry and Sirius saw the mirror?!

...
don't make me get to Snape and the mirror .... :(:(

Laughter, though I nearly (properly) cried when Snape saw the mirror with Lily in it.

gelowo93 August 29th, 2011 3:13 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by magic_is_might (Post 5856872)
'A Very Starkid Threequel' has been confirmed! :D

Starkid Threequel Confirmed

I'm really excited to see what Starkid has up their sleeve for this one.

I also just learned that Evanna Lynch is rumored to be in this one :D If true, that'd be awesome!

I'm sorry, my mind just exploded ;)

I agree that I don't know what plot they're going to use for this one, they've only not used the main plots from PS and CoS, so unless they use them... but most of the characters died in AVPM :hmm: I think it's quite likely that they do a Marauder era one, but they wouldn't need Darren Criss for that because Brian Rosenthal played James in AVPS. I'm going to confuse myself if I carry on trying to figure out what it is, good thing I trust Starkid to do a good job no matter what :)

As much as I do love these guys, I hope this is the last Harry Potter musical they do. I know AVPS lived up to expectations but we don't know if this one will and they're going to run out of plot lines eventually. It'll be best to quit while they're ahead.

famouscustard August 29th, 2011 6:54 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
This news has completely made my day. I absolutely can't wait for the threequel. And EVANNA?! As unlikely as it is, that would be totally awesome!

I also disagree that there aren't many plotlines to explore. how about a Mad-Eye Moody/Barty Crouch story? Perhaps Tom Riddle could return from the Diary? Whatever they do I am sure it will be as enthralling and hilarious as their previous work.

magic_is_might August 29th, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Starkid's Twitter confirmed that Evanna Lynch is indeed going to be in it :D

She is friends with the cast after all, so it's definitely plausible.

It's also rumored to be called 'A Very Potter Musical: Senior Year' and Darren Criss WILL be available for it. It's set to be performed in 2012.

HPFanNZ August 30th, 2011 1:26 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by magic_is_might (Post 5858619)
Starkid's Twitter confirmed that Evanna Lynch is indeed going to be in it :D

She is friends with the cast after all, so it's definitely plausible.

It's also rumored to be called 'A Very Potter Musical: Senior Year' and Darren Criss WILL be available for it. It's set to be performed in 2012.

Ummmm, I just checked their official Twitter(TeamStarkid) and nothing is mentioned about either Evanna's involvement or AVPT. Or have I missed something?

magic_is_might August 30th, 2011 3:41 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HPFanNZ (Post 5859034)
Ummmm, I just checked their official Twitter(TeamStarkid) and nothing is mentioned about either Evanna's involvement or AVPT. Or have I missed something?

I've looked all over and I can't find the Tweet :sad: Maybe they deleted it :shrug: Shame, because I would love Evanna in it.

mollypotter August 30th, 2011 4:17 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Does anyone know if Darren will be in it? In an ancient video from starkidd, they said they already had the threequel written up and were just waiting for when Darren could handle it with his schedule. Having evanna in it will indeed be amazing. But everyone over there is hilarious.:D

magic_is_might August 30th, 2011 5:16 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mollypotter (Post 5859224)
Does anyone know if Darren will be in it? In an ancient video from starkidd, they said they already had the threequel written up and were just waiting for when Darren could handle it with his schedule. Having evanna in it will indeed be amazing. But everyone over there is hilarious.:D

I think so - I read somewhere that the Threequel would not be made if Darren wouldn't be in it.

Quote:

When asked about a third musical at San Diego Comic-Con one month ago, Joey Richter told fans that they had an “amazing” script but were waiting to see if Darren Criss would be available for it.

In the past month it seems Criss was able to find time in between Glee and How To Succeed to reunite with the StarKid cast.
source: http://www.hypable.com/starkid/2011/...-in-the-works/

ILuvDarkMarks August 30th, 2011 2:14 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
AVPT was not confirmed in any way- Matt Lang asked that it not be spread around the internet because it's still all speculation. (I am a part of the Darren Criss Street Team and this info comes from one of the officers, if you're wondering.) I'm not trying to burst your bubble, just sharing what I know :)

And it's totally possible for Evanna to be in it, should it happen- they met at LeakyCon and have become good friends. I really hope that she does have a part in it!

I'm still wondering which character Joe Walker will be. His roles so far have been epic.

mollypotter August 30th, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILuvDarkMarks (Post 5859398)
AVPT was not confirmed in any way- Matt Lang asked that it not be spread around the internet because it's still all speculation. (I am a part of the Darren Criss Street Team and this info comes from one of the officers, if you're wondering.) I'm not trying to burst your bubble, just sharing what I know :)

And it's totally possible for Evanna to be in it, should it happen- they met at LeakyCon and have become good friends. I really hope that she does have a part in it!

I'm still wondering which character Joe Walker will be. His roles so far have been epic.

Alright so basically it's a real possibility but nothing is set in stone? Because to me it seems like in hypable they made it a for sure thing. Having evanna would be really cool, like I said, but I think it would also be really weird to see her doing something not so serious.:D and yes, they have been EXTREMELY epic. Character ideas?

MzSnooks88 August 30th, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Yay! For a possible Threequel, I need some new Starkid in my life :)

ILuvDarkMarks August 30th, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mollypotter (Post 5859457)
Alright so basically it's a real possibility but nothing is set in stone? Because to me it seems like in hypable they made it a for sure thing. Having evanna would be really cool, like I said, but I think it would also be really weird to see her doing something not so serious.:D and yes, they have been EXTREMELY epic. Character ideas?

Yes :) They do have the storyline so they're waiting for Darren's schedule to open up. Not sure why hypable made it so official.

I agree about Evanna! I wonder if she would play Luna; it'd be great to see her in a total parody of her character!

I hope Joe Walker plays a villain role, though he's already played the two biggest. Maybe Lockhart or Moody since they haven't been portrayed yet. I would have picked Tyler Brunsman for Lockhart (hello miraculously white teeth!) but in an interview with him he said that would not be his role.

magic_is_might August 30th, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILuvDarkMarks (Post 5859398)
AVPT was not confirmed in any way- Matt Lang asked that it not be spread around the internet because it's still all speculation. (I am a part of the Darren Criss Street Team and this info comes from one of the officers, if you're wondering.) I'm not trying to burst your bubble, just sharing what I know :)

And it's totally possible for Evanna to be in it, should it happen- they met at LeakyCon and have become good friends. I really hope that she does have a part in it!

I'm still wondering which character Joe Walker will be. His roles so far have been epic.

Alright - will keep in mind :agree:

magnolia7 August 30th, 2011 10:13 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by magic_is_might (Post 5856872)
'A Very Starkid Threequel' has been confirmed! :D

Starkid Threequel Confirmed

I'm really excited to see what Starkid has up their sleeve for this one.

I also just learned that Evanna Lynch is rumored to be in this one :D If true, that'd be awesome!

OMG!!!!!
I'm crying right now...... ok this is going to be TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!:wow:

mollypotter August 30th, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILuvDarkMarks (Post 5859598)
Yes :) They do have the storyline so they're waiting for Darren's schedule to open up. Not sure why hypable made it so official.

I agree about Evanna! I wonder if she would play Luna; it'd be great to see her in a total parody of her character!

I hope Joe Walker plays a villain role, though he's already played the two biggest. Maybe Lockhart or Moody since they haven't been portrayed yet. I would have picked Tyler Brunsman for Lockhart (hello miraculously white teeth!) but in an interview with him he said that would not be his role.

OH MY GODRIC. Joe as Moody would probably make my entire life. I wonder if this one has a hagrid? And not his role...is Lockhart in this one?
SO MANY QUESTIONS. THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER.

ILuvDarkMarks August 31st, 2011 3:23 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mollypotter (Post 5859930)
OH MY GODRIC. Joe as Moody would probably make my entire life. I wonder if this one has a hagrid? And not his role...is Lockhart in this one?
SO MANY QUESTIONS. THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER.

Haha, I know, right?! It'd be totally awesome.

Hagrid! Knew I was forgetting about a major character. I hope they have a Hagrid in this one!


For any AJ Holmes fans- he is scheduled to be in the touring cast of Young Frankenstein as Frederick Frankenstein! http://www.youngfrankensteinthemusic...-tour-schedule I admit, I never had an interest in seeing this show before, but you can bet I will now!

potter_gleek August 31st, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mollypotter (Post 5859930)
OH MY GODRIC. Joe as Moody would probably make my entire life. I wonder if this one has a hagrid? And not his role...is Lockhart in this one?
SO MANY QUESTIONS. THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER.

I'd love to see the Starkid version of Lockhart. That would make my life. I'm hoping for Lupin to be involved again. He's my favourite character in all the books, films and musical :D

magnolia7 August 31st, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Don't forget about Mcgonagall :) That would be a cool character.
It could be called senior year?? Ha that's funny. What is this High School Musical??
I really hope they make a threequel, it would make me life.

FwooperFeathers August 31st, 2011 11:51 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
I really didn't care for A Very Potter Musical :(
Which stinks, cause I LOVE HP and I heard it was really good, but it just wasn't a good musical :sad:
Although it is brilliant that they made Draco a girl with dangley earrings :rotfl:

MzSnooks88 August 31st, 2011 11:53 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
^ it's more a parody than a real 'good' musical.
Just saying.

Goin' Back to Hogwarts is catchy as anything. Almost every person I play it for has it stuck in their head, even if they've never even seen AVPM.

*Starkid defense mode off*

ILuvDarkMarks September 1st, 2011 12:10 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
^^I agree. Even if you didn't like the storyline, you have to admit that the music is brilliant, or at least entertaining! (Not to mention it gets stuck in your head for hours!) But to each his own, FwopperFeathers :)

mollypotter September 1st, 2011 2:26 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by potter_gleek (Post 5860541)
I'd love to see the Starkid version of Lockhart. That would make my life. I'm hoping for Lupin to be involved again. He's my favourite character in all the books, films and musical :D

Really? I thought Lupin was kind of aggravating in the musical. He's my least favorite in that. Though he is pretty rockin in the books and movies.
I would love to see Mcgonagall in the just because she's awesome, but I might not like what they do to her, character wise. Like Snape's portrayal is hilarious, but I just can't imagine what they would do to her.

potter_gleek September 1st, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mollypotter (Post 5861489)
Really? I thought Lupin was kind of aggravating in the musical. He's my least favorite in that. Though he is pretty rockin in the books and movies.
I would love to see Mcgonagall in the just because she's awesome, but I might not like what they do to her, character wise. Like Snape's portrayal is hilarious, but I just can't imagine what they would do to her.

It might just like him due to my bias from the books. Dobby would be pretty hilarious especially after the revelation at the end of the sequel :rotfl:

mollypotter September 5th, 2011 3:05 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by potter_gleek (Post 5861512)
It might just like him due to my bias from the books. Dobby would be pretty hilarious especially after the revelation at the end of the sequel :rotfl:

Yeah, ha ha Draco and dobby:) that would be funny. But what would that actor do? Kneel the entire show?

Perlidia September 6th, 2011 9:45 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mollypotter (Post 5865671)
Yeah, ha ha Draco and dobby that would be funny. But what would that actor do? Kneel the entire show?

Puppet?

Williwaw September 8th, 2011 8:38 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
*shows her ignorance*

The only excuse I can offer advance of what I am about to reveal is that I am a relative newcomer to the Potterverse...

I had not heard of "A Very Potter Musical" before reading this thread. Clearly I have been missing a great deal of entertainment. :hmm:

mollypotter September 8th, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Williwaw (Post 5869858)
*shows her ignorance*

The only excuse I can offer advance of what I am about to reveal is that I am a relative newcomer to the Potterverse...

I had not heard of "A Very Potter Musical" before reading this thread. Clearly I have been missing a great deal of entertainment. :hmm:

O yes. Yes indeed. Now get on YouTube and watch watch watch!
Some people disapprove because they say it makes fun of the series, which is kind of what I thought in the beginning, but it's just too darn funny!
And you know, who doesn't love a catchy HP tune?

guad September 22nd, 2011 4:28 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
I just saw it for the first time in my life and thought it was hilarious :lol: Complete crack and of course a parody, but really funny :D

mollypotter September 27th, 2011 2:25 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by guad (Post 5883808)
I just saw it for the first time in my life and thought it was hilarious :lol: Complete crack and of course a parody, but really funny :D

Yeah the first time I watched it was great!
My friend had told me to watch it, but really hadn't explained what it REALLY was...
Needless to say I was confused. I was actually pretty mad, because I was expecting a real, completely serious musical type thing, and they were like, making fun of it!
But then I realized I SERIOUSLY needed to loosen up and now I'm obsessed.:D

pumpkinpuff November 1st, 2011 6:15 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Okay, finally watched AVPS about a month ago and then had to watch it again because it was so darn funny. I think I like the songs from the first one better, but overall they were both hilarious! I esp liked the centaur scenes.

Incidentally, I tried Redvines and they were awful. It was like biting into a piece of flavorless plastic. I'll stick with Twizzlers!

tru0001 November 1st, 2011 6:29 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by potter_gleek (Post 5860541)
I'd love to see the Starkid version of Lockhart. That would make my life. I'm hoping for Lupin to be involved again. He's my favourite character in all the books, films and musical :D

I want the one who was Cedric in AVPM to play Lockhart he already has that charm haha.

magic_is_might November 1st, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
If it helps, even though the parody "makes fun of HP", the musicals are obviously made by HP fans who have read the books :agree: A lot of references you wouldn't get if you didn't read the books - shows that the Starkid writers are fans and did their homework.

TrueRavenclaw December 27th, 2011 3:59 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
The reason I fell in love w/ is Darren Criss!!! He's just so supermegafoxyawesomehot! XD That and red vines~ "What can't they do?"

pumpkinpuff January 27th, 2012 10:45 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Sooo, I have now watched both musicals multiple times and I have to say, I think I'm in love with Jim Povolo! I love him as Goyle just because he's funny, but I really love his voice when he's playing Firenze! Anyway, I love all the actors, they are really great, and I've watched their other productions too. Some of them have some funny you tube videos as well. Also, I really think Darren is much cuter with the longer curls!

Rush February 25th, 2012 8:11 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
First post in over a year.

But I had to sign on here because I just finished watching A Very Potter Sequel (after watching the first one yesterday) and I have to say I thought they were hilarious. I only watched them because my sister (a big musical fan) begged me to. I'm not a big fan of musicals and I normally don't like when HP things aren't completely cannon to the novels, but I thought the musicals were great. I remember seeing this thread a long time ago but I didn't really think anything of it.

Some parts I didn't find too funny but for the most part I thought it was great. Dumbledore, Ron, and Goyle were probably my favourite characters, but really I thought every character had their moments.

I'm definitely happy that I watched them.

tomriddlemethis June 7th, 2012 5:02 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
I LOVE Starkid, they're so talented and hilarious. I definitely feel like the Slytherin characters were the stars of AVPM/AVPS i.e Snape, Draco and Voldemort. Pure brilliance!

RikuStark July 17th, 2012 2:16 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Guys.

http://www.hypable.com/2012/07/16/ve...r-senior-year/

Everyone may freak out now. :agree: I'm very excited for this, I really hope all of this is true, it seems like it. :D It's called A Very Potter Senior Year. Also, according to someone in the comments they said that Devin Lytle said on Tumblr that they plan on filming it, and putting it on Youtube.

Liez July 17th, 2012 11:19 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Please, please let it be on Youtube! I loved the past Potter Musicals - so memorable and hilarious. :clap:

Warlock27 August 12th, 2012 3:25 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Anyone seen the third yet?

RikuStark August 12th, 2012 6:03 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock27 (Post 6031876)
Anyone seen the third yet?

I haven't, and LeakyCon is only 40 minutes from me. :(

I'm hearing good things about it on Twitter and Tumblr. :agree: Apparently the show lasted 4.5-5 hours? That's amazingly long, but I'm guessing they'll condense it a bit on Youtube, despite most wanting an unedited version.

Warlock27 December 15th, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Script and Soundtrack for AVPSY now available. They're both bloody awesome!

RikuStark March 12th, 2013 1:33 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
AVPSY will be on Youtube THIS Friday!!!!!!

I'm really excited, we've waited too long for this. I can't wait to see it, this news has made my week 10000x better.

LeviathanMammal March 12th, 2013 6:09 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
When I Was is probably the best song in any of the Potter musicals yet.

RikuStark March 29th, 2013 6:50 am

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeviathanMammal (Post 6064085)
When I Was is probably the best song in any of the Potter musicals yet.

I agree! I also really enjoyed "Sidekick". I have them both on my current playlist on my iPod. :rolleyes:

I thought this musical gave the closure that everybody needed. My favorite part was the resurrection stone scene. Along with it being very emotional, I thought the Lily and Cedric part was hilarious.

LeviathanMammal March 31st, 2013 11:41 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
In light of COS apparently closing because Harry Potter isn't relevant any more, the themes expressed in AVPSY sure are harsher. :(

Charlotte_Snape April 1st, 2013 6:26 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
Duuuum du-dum dum...

DUUUUUUMMMMMM!!
http://i.imgur.com/T1DSy16.png

pumpkinpuff April 1st, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: "A Very Potter Musical"
 
I've watched AVPSY twice now, and I think they did a great job considering how little time they had to rehearse.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 8:08 am.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Original content is Copyright © MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright © its respective owners.