Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Divination Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Hermione and Ron - Where to from here? (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=70301)

allyd04 August 31st, 2005 10:56 pm

What will happen

I know this sounds really bad and Harry/Ginny shippers may hate me, but i think at the end of book7 Harry will die and either Hermione or Ron will think 'stuff this, lifes too short' or something and will get together.

However, im still clinging to the thread of hope that Harry doesnt die and that everyone lives happily ever after, kinda like star wars but without the ghosts...and yet possibly with ewoks

Deevo August 31st, 2005 11:00 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by meesha1971
This is how I look at it. Ron and Hermione are a couple and have been for years. The problem is that THEY don't know they are a couple. ;) The only thing left is for them to realize it and admit their feelings.

:agree: Yup, that's about where I'm at now.

Quote:

Another possibility that someone else mentioned is that they could be forced to live in close quarters when they start searching for the Horcruxes. I like that idea as well. They're going to the Dursleys - I can't see the Dursleys being hospitable enough to offer Hermione the guest room. They may all have to sleep in Harry's room. Where are they going to stay when they go to Godric's Hollow? The Potter's house was destroyed. There are a lot of possibilities there.
I'm quite looking forward to the final conflict with the Dursleys and having three teenage wizards under their roof at once could make for an interesting series of events, particularly if Ron and Hermione take issue with Vernon and his family for past events. We've seen them show an almost parental protectiveness of Harry in the past and now they're all of age it could prove an interesting conflict.

Quote:

The Lavender lip trip was more complicated I think. I think there was more to it than making Hermione jealous. I don't think Ron actually believed he could make Hermione jealous until it actually happened. I think it was a combination of being hurt and angry because he found out Hermione and Krum kissed, feeling bad about himself in general (particularly regarding Quidditch), and being hurt and angry because he thought Hermione didn't believe he could play Quidditch well without Felix Felicis. Lavender flirted with him and complimented him and her timing was perfect. She caught him at a low point when he was hurt and angry and her attention made him feel better.
Nice analasys and certainly food for thought. We really do need to have some mutual resolution of both their former attatchments for them to really move on.

Quote:

Absolutely. That is the key to everything. They need to talk about everything that's happened.
I figure the time for talk is definately upon them. As I said before maybe Harry and Ginny with their newfound perspectives can nudge them along. :eyebrows:

Edited to add:
Quote:

Originally Posted by allyd04
I know this sounds really bad and Harry/Ginny shippers may hate me, but i think at the end of book7 Harry will die and either Hermione or Ron will think 'stuff this, lifes too short' or something and will get together.

However, im still clinging to the thread of hope that Harry doesnt die and that everyone lives happily ever after, kinda like star wars but without the ghosts...and yet possibly with ewoks

You might find this thread on Your feelings if Harry dies to be of interest then. For the record while I don't see a 'happily ever after' scenario I really doubt that Jo would kill off Harry, Ginny, Ron or Hermione. But that discussion belongs elsewhere. :p

meesha1971 August 31st, 2005 11:59 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deevo
:agree: Yup, that's about where I'm at now.

I'm quite looking forward to the final conflict with the Dursleys and having three teenage wizards under their roof at once could make for an interesting series of events, particularly if Ron and Hermione take issue with Vernon and his family for past events. We've seen them show an almost parental protectiveness of Harry in the past and now they're all of age it could prove an interesting conflict.

It makes you wonder how much Harry has told them. Do Ron and Hermione know that Harry was forced to sleep in the cupboard under the stairs? If they don't, can you imagine their reaction when the find out?

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Dursleys deal with have two wizards who are of age living in their house. I'm still trying to figure out how long they will stay. Dumbledore never said how long Harry has to stay there to "recharge" his protection. Will this final visit have to be until his birthday or can he just stay there for a couple of days and then leave?

Quote:

Nice analasys and certainly food for thought. We really do need to have some mutual resolution of both their former attatchments for them to really move on.

I figure the time for talk is definately upon them. As I said before maybe Harry and Ginny with their newfound perspectives can nudge them along. :eyebrows:
Oh definitely. I don't know if they'll need much of a nudge at this point. They were so close at the end of HBP. If it hadn't been a funeral, I think it might have happened then.

WeasleDiva September 1st, 2005 12:08 am

Does anyone else think that Lavender and Krum will get together? After all, Cho and Michael, the ex's of Harry/Ginny did. Why not match up the ex's of Ron/Hermione? I think Lav/Krum is a good match if for no other reason than to hear her nickname him "Vicky!"

Durmstrang_DE September 1st, 2005 12:39 am

A Lavender/Krum pairing would be...interesting

But where would they get together? Seeing as Krum is out of school, and in another country.

If Jo doesn't put Ron and Hermione together in book 7 though, I really, honestly feel that I will burn the book one page at a time, after I've put it through the paper shredder. Then I shall proceed to throw the ashes into the largest and muddiest river I can find.

WeasleDiva September 1st, 2005 2:16 am

Charlie works for the Order recruiting foreign wizards. Charlie was a Quidditch captain and seeker. Let's see, what foreign guy will Charlie have things in common with to strike up a friendship and recruit to the Order? Plus Krum, as far as we know, is a good guy. Yet, he has studied the Dark Arts at Drumstrang. To get a handle on Dark Arts, Hermione needs access to a library of such books.

A funny scenario would be for Charlie to arrive at the Burrow for the wedding. He sees the trio and Ginny at the breakfast table. He says, "Hey, little brother! Guess who I brought to the house? You'll be thrilled!"

In walks Krum, "Hello, Herm-o-ninny."

Hermione blushes, Ron turns purple, Ginny rolls her eyes, and Harry experiences the sensation of "face-palms."

meesha1971 September 1st, 2005 2:24 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeasleDiva
Charlie works for the Order recruiting foreign wizards. Charlie was a Quidditch captain and seeker. Let's see, what foreign guy will Charlie have things in common with to strike up a friendship and recruit to the Order? Plus Krum, as far as we know, is a good guy. Yet, he has studied the Dark Arts at Drumstrang. To get a handle on Dark Arts, Hermione needs access to a library of such books.

A funny scenario would be for Charlie to arrive at the Burrow for the wedding. He sees the trio and Ginny at the breakfast table. He says, "Hey, little brother! Guess who I brought to the house? You'll be thrilled!"

Hermione blushes, Ron turns purple, Ginny rolls her eyes, and Harry experiences the sensation of "face-palms."

I hadn't even thought of that! I was thinking that maybe Fleur would invite him to the wedding. I totally forgot about Charlie recruiting foreign wizards. That really would be even better because it could segueway into Krum helping them find out more about Horcruxes.

Higgles September 1st, 2005 2:26 am

I think that either Ron will knock Krum out or vice versa. Hermione will get steamed, and Ron will finally decide to do something romantic to make up for it, and that'll be that, and Ron will march happily off to his certain sidekick demise.

Kat_Potter September 1st, 2005 2:40 am

I think that since we will see krum again that may be the final straw to push the relationship onwards....i mena it would give ron anothere good kick in the *** and he needs it. I think it will happen in book 7....or maybe after the final battle hermione will look around among everyone and not see ron adnthen all of a sudden he appears and she runs up to him and kisses him out of the blue and finally they get together. either way with as slow as it has been moving between them i guess they both need a swift kick in the rear to get on with it.

Deevo September 1st, 2005 9:33 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeasleDiva

:) That would be worth reading and it could be made all the more humerous because it's highly unlikely that Charlie would be familiar with the Ron - Hermione - Viktor dynamic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgles
I think that either Ron will knock Krum out or vice versa. Hermione will get steamed, and Ron will finally decide to do something romantic to make up for it, and that'll be that, and Ron will march happily off to his certain sidekick demise.

:no: I really can't see that eventuating for a couple of reasons.
  • I think Viktor is too nice a guy for that.
  • I think Ron has well and truly passed that stage.
Things might be somewhat cool between them but by now it seems clear that whatever his (Viktor's) feelings are toward Hermione it's Ron she feels for. Like a few people have already said Viktor could be a tremendous catalyst for getting them to finally acknowledge what's between them.

As for the 'sidekick demise', as I've already stated on other threads I think it's highly unlikely that we'll lose one or more of the foursome (I'm now including Ginny as a part of Harry's core group). Despite this I still doubt we'll see a happily ever after scenario but I really feel these four will make it.

Craboy September 2nd, 2005 1:26 am

I personally think that Ginny and Harry's Nobility events at the end will last oh about, a week. I cannot imagine for an instant that Ron will not tell Ginny (even if Harry asked him not to) about the Horcruxes. Ginney is too close to all 3 of the trio now, it may as well be a foursome. Ron and Hermione will probally get togather after the wedding. I hope Harry witnesses them getting togather, because I want to see it as well.

lindaluna September 3rd, 2005 12:11 am

I think Ron & Hermione will be a couple at the wedding - and may elope.

Come on - Hermione's always at the Burrow - I don't think it will shock the Weasleys.

Krum will be at Fleur's wedding. Maybe he's better for Luna than Lavender.
Luna lives close by the Burrow - she will probably be there too. Any bets on Cho making a play for Krum?

I wish Luna was cast so we could see what she looks like.

Durmstrang_DE September 3rd, 2005 12:21 am

I don't know that Luna would be there...Neither Fleur nor Bill know her, I don't think. So she wouldn't have a reason to come, even if she does live near the Burrow.

RemusLupinFan September 3rd, 2005 1:09 am

I'd like to think Hermione and Ron might be a bit more open about their feelings for each other in the next book now that they have somewhat admitted them at the end of HBP. That doesn’t mean they won’t still fight with each other and act like they hate each other though. But I certainly hope they admit their feelings more openly in the future, and I'm all for seeing a wedding between them in the epilogue. :)

Deevo September 3rd, 2005 10:58 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RemusLupinFan
I'd like to think Hermione and Ron might be a bit more open about their feelings for each other in the next book now that they have somewhat admitted them at the end of HBP.

That's my hope too but I don't think they've admitted them as such. They've left off in a similar though stronger position than they did in OOTP with no overt acknowledgement but a very 'couply' feel about them.

Quote:

That doesn’t mean they won’t still fight with each other and act like they hate each other though. But I certainly hope they admit their feelings more openly in the future, and I'm all for seeing a wedding between them in the epilogue. :)
Ah yes the eternal bickering couple. I don't know if we'll see a wedding by the end of book seven but I'm certain that if Ron and Hermione survive it, they'll definately will be a couple, as will Harry and Ginny. :eyebrows:

hermy158 September 4th, 2005 12:47 am

Like some here, I'm not to sure about Krum getting together with Luna. But it is possible that she'll come to the wedding. Maybe her dad will write a report about it in the Quibbler and she'll come just for the occasion. She does know the trio, so it's not like she would be completely out of place there.

I don't know about Cho getting together with Krum because I'm guessing she knows about the whole Krum/Hermione thing and she clearly didn't like Hermione in book 5 so I don't see much of a chance that she would date him, or end up married :huh:.

I'm not to sure about the whole Krum/Lavender thing either. What would the chances be of Lavender coming to the wedding? And I don't really think that she would be around the trio, which definetely means she won't be around Krum. So I think he'll find love in some other person. As of now, I don't really think it's important to see Krum with someone, but in the end of the book, it'd be nice to see that he got someone special.

DracosAngel05 September 4th, 2005 1:39 am

I believe that Hermione and Ron will put Harry and the job of finding the Horcruxes above all else in the next book. I think everyone has pretty much come to the conclusion that Hermione and Ron know that they both care for each other. I just think that their relationship will continue to evolve, but they won't put any significant importance on it until after the final battle. They have more important things to worry about first.

RogerV September 4th, 2005 3:17 am

When they finally do get married, and I'm not speculating as to when that will be, I think Ron and Hermione will have a relationship very similar to Arthur and Molly's.

Deevo September 4th, 2005 10:32 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DracosAngel05
I believe that Hermione and Ron will put Harry and the job of finding the Horcruxes above all else in the next book. I think everyone has pretty much come to the conclusion that Hermione and Ron know that they both care for each other. I just think that their relationship will continue to evolve, but they won't put any significant importance on it until after the final battle. They have more important things to worry about first.

:agree: Pretty much, while that aspect of the story is always entertaining and has lately been a good counterpoint to the darkness of the series I don't believe that their relationship will get in the way of the more important job at hand.

Actually it might be a help in that with their eventual mutual understanding they'll work together much better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerV
When they finally do get married, and I'm not speculating as to when that will be, I think Ron and Hermione will have a relationship very similar to Arthur and Molly's.

I think that's been telegraphed for a while, especially since Hermione, when appealing to Ron reminded Harry of Molly doing the same with Arthur. I wonder how many kids they'll have (assuming they do wind up surviving the book and together.) :evil:

WarriorEowyn September 5th, 2005 12:27 am

I don't think Krum/Lavender is likely, since Krum liked Hermione specifically because she wasn't the typical "giggling girl". Krum deserves much better. I can't see him with Luna either - for one thing, there's a huge age difference. Krum will probably be twenty in Book 7, while Luna will be 16 at most.

I think Ron and Hermione will end up "together" in Book 7, but I don't see them getting married for a LONG time yet. From what we saw in HBP, they don't have even close to the emotional maturity needed for a stable long-term relationship. Maybe in five or (more likely) ten years.