Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Divination Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5 (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=101059)

Montse June 30th, 2007 1:31 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Yeah but i dont see the dementor helping harry
sorry mr dementor can you suck out voldemrts soul but not mine please.
It would be awesome if it were possible but i have a hard time imagining it.

Numenorian June 30th, 2007 1:51 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
lol
Well, you're right about that, but think of this, couldn't Harry or Snape or somebody else force a dementor to do it? Or this, Rowling always talks of dementors as evil creatures, wich ofcourse they are but tell me, isn't there the slightest possibility of one single dementor being good?

hermyweasly June 30th, 2007 9:41 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I'm just thinking Can Wormtail save Harry's life?? I don't know how but as one of Scholastic said that Wormtail will pay his debt to Harry..Can he do some thing to Harry as defending him or saving him from any killing curse would Voldy do?? ( May be )

rupertgrint23 July 2nd, 2007 5:50 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
well i hope that he doesn't die.... but part of me kinda says that he does.... i don't know... but i guess i could understand if she does kill him...... she saod herself that 2 main characters would die because they're going up against the forces of pure evil...

sweets7 July 2nd, 2007 6:29 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
No she didn’t say that; all she said was that 2 more characters die then she had originally intended. For all we know 15 characters could die.

HarryTheSpartan July 2nd, 2007 6:42 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
i hate to say it but i think ron or hermine will die..... think about it, seven years in the big, dangerous magical world.... with voldy, dementers, and everything evil, but no one from the little trio dead? sure, they are vital to the series..... but you cant really live seven years staring death in the eye.... and flicking stuff at it.I'd hope its hermione if one dies, just because i think ron is funny..... but i hate to say it, one is most lkely leaving forever.:no:

Numenorian July 2nd, 2007 6:57 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Ummmm, there not the only ones who live in "the big, dangerous magical world.... with voldy, dementers, and everything evil".

HarryTheSpartan July 2nd, 2007 7:03 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
no they are not the only ones, but its still seven years facing all the hardships and evil etc...

sweets7 July 2nd, 2007 8:40 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I really think that Ron and Hermione will be our happy ending particularly if Harry dies.

HarryTheSpartan July 2nd, 2007 8:41 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
...................possibly but i still think hermione or ron dies... maybe trying tosave harry.

troryfan July 2nd, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
i don't think that harry is going to live, but if he does he will certainly lose one of his close friends.

Jo

AptPupil July 2nd, 2007 11:46 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Harry will live. Even if he died in a moment of self-sacrifice, the death would still a send a nasty message. We've been living with this character too long, it would be an insult to the reader. Plus, the book is in Harry's perspective, so I think Voldemort will die IN Harry's perspective and Harry has to be alive to be able to percieve. (Well, I guess he could look down from the heavens, but that would be kind of awkward) I'm SURE that Voldemort won't beat Harry. That wouldn't paint JKR in a very flattering light and I don't think she's that kind of person.

(But if he does die, I don't think the death should be judged until its read in context.) :relax:

seekerspaz July 3rd, 2007 6:06 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AptPupil (Post 4605187)
Harry will live. Even if he died in a moment of self-sacrifice, the death would still a send a nasty message. We've been living with this character too long, it would be an insult to the reader. Plus, the book is in Harry's perspective, so I think Voldemort will die IN Harry's perspective and Harry has to be alive to be able to percieve. (Well, I guess he could look down from the heavens, but that would be kind of awkward) I'm SURE that Voldemort won't beat Harry. That wouldn't paint JKR in a very flattering light and I don't think she's that kind of person.

(But if he does die, I don't think the death should be judged until its read in context.) :relax:

I agree... but I wouldn't boldly state "Harry will live", because I have my doubts on it... I really hope it doesn't happened, but I can see it happening. The books, though, have had parts in perspectives other than Harry's... Examples are the first chapter in SS... the first 2 chapters in HBP... So if Harry does die, it wouldn't just end there.

ThePythia July 3rd, 2007 6:12 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweets7
I do not think she would slip up on something as big as Harry’s death.

But she's been asked about Harry's death more than anything else regarding the books, each time the question has been put in a different manner. When someone asked her "Will Harry die" outright, she didn't give a proper answer. But when someone asked her about Harry's future career or the possibility of more books (both these questions are indirectly asking about Harry's survival) her answered seemed to indicate that he'll survive. She is very careful, yes, but here it is quite possible she slipped up.

Take Paxman's interview. She was asked if she would write more books. She replied with her usual "how are you sure he'll survive". Next year she was asked the same question and she answered with "Probably not, but I'll never say never because every time I do I immediately break the vow!" I'd call that a slip-up.

And she started the whole debate. She wasn't asked being asked about Harry's fate, yet she joked "I've got it planned, and Harry dies obviously...But that's just a joke -- or is it?" Which, for me, seems to hint that she doesn't take Harry's death seriously, because she's not planning to kill him off.

JKR's quotes are full of hints about what might happen in the books. I don't see why we can't rely on them to predict Harry's survival. Going by the books, Harry's fate can go either way.

Just being curious...you seem to support the idea that Harry will die. Why do you feel so?

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam_the_ant
I have a funny feeling that Harry will die, I don't want him to, but I think that it will be after he has destroyed all the Horcruxes, leaving Voldemort open to be killed someone else, hopefully this will be Snape so he can redeem himself.

Or Harry will defeat Voldemort, but then die anyway (the prophecy didn't say how much longer the victor would survive afterwards did it) because Snape turns out to be evil (even though I think he is good) and kills Harry.

Your first theory goes against what the prophecy says. I don't buy the second one either because JKR doesn't seem the type to kill off her characters without reason. If Harry can get out alive in his battle with Voldemort, I think he'll survive.

jazz90 July 3rd, 2007 8:25 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Do you honestly think JKR will kill off the character that everone has loved for so frigen long?

gertiekeddle July 3rd, 2007 8:44 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I don't believe Harry will die for soem reasons (mainly that I guess 'love' will win at the end and I can't see that with Harry dying), but JK killed Sirius and Dumbledore, so I think it's possible for her to kill characters the fans love. :)

_aleXiel_ July 3rd, 2007 3:03 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
'Tis clear and obvious my friends: HARRY WILL NOT DIE!!!!! From a creative and business point of view it would not be a good thing. Creatively there is no real punchline if Harry dies. There is nothing cute or inspiriational about that. It'll only leave billions of fans depressed and even lead too a suicide attempt or two...seriously! If he DOES die, they could'nt possibly hold that spoiler down.....we would ALLL know....even those that don't read the books! From a business point of view, that could negatively affect book sales and affect the viability of the movie franchise. That Harry will not die is one of the very few SURITIES that we have ahead of book 7.

sparkly July 3rd, 2007 5:21 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by _aleXiel_ (Post 4606288)
'Tis clear and obvious my friends: HARRY WILL NOT DIE!!!!! From a creative and business point of view it would not be a good thing. Creatively there is no real punchline if Harry dies. There is nothing cute or inspiriational about that. It'll only leave billions of fans depressed and even lead too a suicide attempt or two...seriously! If he DOES die, they could'nt possibly hold that spoiler down.....we would ALLL know....even those that don't read the books! From a business point of view, that could negatively affect book sales and affect the viability of the movie franchise. That Harry will not die is one of the very few SURITIES that we have ahead of book 7.


JKR determined Harry's fate nearly fifteen years ago, before she had a publisher or billions of fans. She had no "business point of view" at that time. JKR has not changed her original ending since the books have become successful, so whether Harry lives or dies can not be determined based on the popularity of the series, or the potential disappointment of the fans.

Clues to whether Harry will live or die are in the book, not the general population. At the end of book six Harry was still on a journey that he will continue in book seven. JKR has positioned Harry to isolate himself from his friends in direct contradiction to Dumbledore's advice. He's separated from Ginny and he tried to hunt for the Horcruxes without Ron and Hermione.

But there are several clues that the journey will take Harry in another direction. Harry is no longer looking back on the people he's lost. He was devastated when Sirius died, but he learns from it that Sirius would want him to live, not wallow in misery. Harry has taken the first steps toward the life he can have, and away from what he doesn't have. Ginny is another big step toward living in the present and Harry now has something to look forward to once Voldermort is gone. He will fight Voldermort so he can live the life he wants and not just to avenge his parents and Sirius.

avadakedavra98 July 3rd, 2007 8:43 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
i dont think he will die because like many people say it would be going against
the rule of good always defeats evilbut harry might have to kill himself (if he is really a horcrux then he might have to take himself out to take down evil.And in away that would promote the rule of good defeats evil.

LunanNeville July 3rd, 2007 8:46 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I think that you should start reading DH with the expectation that he will, which may make it easier to swallow.

I think he will die probably very heroically, but he will die nonetheless. Martyrdom

avadakedavra98 July 3rd, 2007 8:51 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
i dont think he will die because like many people say it would be going against
the rule of good always defeats evilbut harry might have to kill himself (if he is really a horcrux then he might have to take himself out to take down evil.And in away that would promote the rule of good defeats evil.

opal_eye July 3rd, 2007 9:02 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I think that both Harry and Voldemort will die in Deathly Hallows.

Here are my reasons. J.K. Rowling has long ago stated that she does not wish to write any more Harry Potter books after the seventh. If Harry lives, then there is a possibility of a sequel and the story can continue. People will want to know if he gets married, has children, etc. By killing off Harry, JKR avoids all the nagging from HP fans.

Secondly, if Voldemort lives and Harry dies, then it really isn't an ending either, because he will continue to wreak havoc, and take over the world, etc. So I think that JKR will need to kill off Voldemort as well.

So, in my opinion, both Harry and Voldemort will die.

Aguamenti July 4th, 2007 2:29 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I think Harry will sacrifice himself in some way to kill Voldemort. Harry doesn't necessarily have to live to enforce that good always defeats evil (which will happen, because what kind of statement would it make if evil wins?).

ThePythia July 4th, 2007 5:10 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by opal_eye (Post 4607150)
J.K. Rowling has long ago stated that she does not wish to write any more Harry Potter books after the seventh. If Harry lives, then there is a possibility of a sequel and the story can continue. People will want to know if he gets married, has children, etc. By killing off Harry, JKR avoids all the nagging from HP fans.

JKR has stated that she'll be wrapping it all up with an epilogue, where we'll know what happens to the survivors. She doesn't have to kill the Harry to avoid sequels. Also:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkly
JKR determined Harry's fate nearly fifteen years ago, before she had a publisher or billions of fans. She had no "business point of view" at that time. JKR has not changed her original ending since the books have become successful, so whether Harry lives or dies can not be determined based on the popularity of the series, or the potential disappointment of the fans.

Clues to whether Harry will live or die are in the book, not the general population. At the end of book six Harry was still on a journey that he will continue in book seven. JKR has positioned Harry to isolate himself from his friends in direct contradiction to Dumbledore's advice. He's separated from Ginny and he tried to hunt for the Horcruxes without Ron and Hermione.

But there are several clues that the journey will take Harry in another direction. Harry is no longer looking back on the people he's lost. He was devastated when Sirius died, but he learns from it that Sirius would want him to live, not wallow in misery. Harry has taken the first steps toward the life he can have, and away from what he doesn't have. Ginny is another big step toward living in the present and Harry now has something to look forward to once Voldermort is gone. He will fight Voldermort so he can live the life he wants and not just to avenge his parents and Sirius.

:clap: what she said.

tangledweb16 July 4th, 2007 10:53 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I honestly have no clue what's going to happen to Harry in DH, and I've given it literally weeks of thought, over the past year or so. I just want to read the bloody book! I love speculating and all that, but the more I do it, the more impatient I get. The 20th is going to be one loooong day until midnight for me.

imperfection July 4th, 2007 12:52 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I want him to live, but doubt it. His whole family is dead, and i think he'll end up with them, even though it'll be sad, but he is with his family [who he hasnt really met] so its also a happy ending :)

tangledweb16 July 4th, 2007 12:55 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by imperfection (Post 4608557)
I want him to live, but doubt it. His whole family is dead, and i think he'll end up with them, even though it'll be sad, but he is with his family [who he hasnt really met] so its also a happy ending :)

Yeah, definitely a possibility.


This is just about the only theory about DH that I honestly have no clue which way it'll go.

That's why if someone spoils it, I will bash there head in with DH.

Timekill July 4th, 2007 1:05 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by opal_eye (Post 4607150)
I think that both Harry and Voldemort will die in Deathly Hallows.

Here are my reasons. J.K. Rowling has long ago stated that she does not wish to write any more Harry Potter books after the seventh. If Harry lives, then there is a possibility of a sequel and the story can continue. People will want to know if he gets married, has children, etc. By killing off Harry, JKR avoids all the nagging from HP fans.

Secondly, if Voldemort lives and Harry dies, then it really isn't an ending either, because he will continue to wreak havoc, and take over the world, etc. So I think that JKR will need to kill off Voldemort as well.

So, in my opinion, both Harry and Voldemort will die.

That's my opinion to, exactly like that. Both Voldemort and Harry will die. And I also think Harry will sacrifice himself to kill Voldemort and save what he loves the most (Ginny, Ron, Hermoine and Hogwarts).

Badgers_Rule July 4th, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I think Harry will live, but he will lose at least two of the following people

Ron, Hermoine, Ginny, Lupin, and Hagrid. Those are the five closest people to him and I do believe at least two of them will die.

pottercomics July 4th, 2007 6:41 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
For me, she could end it either way—Harry living or dying—and I would still enjoy (well, maybe not enjoy his death, but you understand) the ending. I want Harry to live, while equally wanting him to die, for two separate reasons: If Harry lives, the ending will leave me happy, satisfied, and provide closure; if Harry dies, though, the ending will be unique and powerful, though it may be harder to swallow. If Harry is going to die, I don't believe it will happen at Voldemort's hand, because I feel sure that Voldemort is going to die as well. If Harry dies, he has to know he's succeeded.

Prenz13 July 5th, 2007 7:00 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I don't think Harry will die. Too many people died to save him. His parents, Sirius, Dumbledore, and perhaps Hagrid in DH.
And all of them didn't just save him so he could vanquish Voldemort, but because they really loved him,and didn't want him to die. I think this is a huge clue Jo gave us, that Harry won't die.

TwitchyMalfoy July 5th, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 


:grumble::grumble::grumble: i rememeber suddenly through a scene where after all those predictions made by professor Trewlaney she said at the end that Harry potter will not die and will live to a very ripe old age, have 12 kids and become minister of magic... sth like that..

but i am very certain that she said he would live to a very very old age.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

and i wish to place my wicked confidence in prof trewlaney that she does make truthful and accurate predictions sometimes. and i bloody do hope this is one fo those times. ahahah

cheers.

just one thing i remembered. :p:p

sweets7 July 5th, 2007 2:32 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePythia (Post 4605832)
Just being curious...you seem to support the idea that Harry will die. Why do you feel so?

I am not in favour of it; I do think it is likely. Frodo and the Pevensies (three at least) died a death of a sort.

JKR has to be very very very careful with who she kills in the final book. If Harry lives, but a lot of the much loved characters die, the affect of his survival will be diminished. We will all be crying and going: 'Oh yeah great, he lived, but look who died'.

For me I would prefer an ending where I don't have this response: as in to feel a slight bitterness towards Harry because of whoever else dies. I would rather a response: ‘Yeah they (whoever) died but look at the wonderful lives the survivors have had'. It is Harry's battle after all, he is the hero, the ultimate sacrifice rests (by an accident of fate) on his shoulders. His journey cannot be overshadowed by the fates of the other characters.

If Harry lives I would wager a bet that there won't be a lot of deaths on the 'right' side. His survival cannot be made, to be over convoluted, with a sense of grieve, for those who die.

aislin July 5th, 2007 3:08 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Harry could survive the battle but still die at the end of DH. If the last chapter is an epilogue of what happens to the survivors, then maybe Harry dies at a ripe old wizard age surrounded by his family and friends.

HalfBloodGirl_ July 5th, 2007 4:49 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Hmmm
I really don't think that Harry will die.. I mean.. it's like the prophecy says. Only one can survive!!! And I doubt that Voldemort will live because that would be the most tragic book ever. But then again there is a chance that Harry AND Voldy die.. but wouldn't it have been pointless to the 5th book where the whole thing was based on the prophecy...

It's kind of hard to decide right now.. but I'm gonna stick to the fact that he doesn't die.

JKR wouldn't ever kill him.. would she? Well even if she does... we know how she writes fantastically. So it would probably end in the best way possible.

I can only hope that Harry doesn't die... :relax:

WildCardDoW July 5th, 2007 5:58 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I would prefer to think he doesn't die, I don't think it suits the story TBH to have him dies after all that, I think the whole last few books have been hinting at Harry wanting a normal life, I think his relationship with Ginnie is the best example of this, Harry is not a tragic hero in the sense that he has to die at the end a la Shakespeare, he is a hero that suffers tragedy throughout his journey and comes through it at the end, at least, that's what I hope!

milena89 July 5th, 2007 6:59 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I dont think Harry will die in the 7th book, its too sad. and it wouldnt REALLY make sense that he does. But if he does, it would also seem like a good thing, cuz now that Voldemort would die, Harry can finally be with his parents, be with Dumbledore, and Sirius.

dEAcsrOck430 July 5th, 2007 7:48 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
No he most definitely will not! I think that in the epilogue chapter Jo will tell us that Harry will, as it was said in OotP by Professor Trelawney, live to a ripe old age, become Minister of Magic, and have twelve children. Wow it would be so incredibly ironic if that happened.

Aguamenti July 5th, 2007 9:16 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I'm changing my mind. I want Harry to live. If Harry died, for me, the Wizarding World will die too. Killing of Harry would be cruel, because we've already suffered the loss of another much loved charcter, Dumbledore. Also, it'd make the whole series rather pointless if Harry died. And besides, the books are written from Harry's perspective, sorta, save that time when Snape was with Bellatrix and Narcissia, so it'd be rather hard to write with him gone.

SnapeALL_way July 5th, 2007 11:09 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfBloodGirl_ (Post 4611044)
Hmmm
I really don't think that Harry will die.. I mean.. it's like the prophecy says. Only one can survive!!! And I doubt that Voldemort will live because that would be the most tragic book ever. But then again there is a chance that Harry AND Voldy die.. but wouldn't it have been pointless to the 5th book where the whole thing was based on the prophecy...

I

I totally agree with you, i mean if she is going to kill them both ( because obviously she cant have voldemort to live) then there is no need at all for the prophecy and the big fuss...Only one needs to survive and it will be Harry :rockon:

TreacleFudge July 5th, 2007 11:12 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfBloodGirl_ (Post 4611044)
Hmmm
I really don't think that Harry will die.. I mean.. it's like the prophecy says. Only one can survive!!! And I doubt that Voldemort will live because that would be the most tragic book ever. But then again there is a chance that Harry AND Voldy die.. but wouldn't it have been pointless to the 5th book where the whole thing was based on the prophecy...

It's kind of hard to decide right now.. but I'm gonna stick to the fact that he doesn't die.

JKR wouldn't ever kill him.. would she? Well even if she does... we know how she writes fantastically. So it would probably end in the best way possible.

I can only hope that Harry doesn't die... :relax:

I agree! But all we can do at this point is cross our fingers...:eyebrows:

potterfan6047 July 5th, 2007 11:33 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
2007 The Associated Press
Updated: 11:22 a.m. ET July 5, 2007

"Others aren’t convinced, saying that Rowling’s story about Harry and his adventures is less influenced by classical mythology than it is by other storytelling traditions.

Philip Ray, an associate professor of English at Connecticut College, said Rowling was part of a tradition of British writers like Edith Nesbit, writing stories where children are the focus and have grand adventures.


Since Harry is about to finish his years at Hogwarts, Ray said, “I think it would be very unusual for a book like this to kill off the main character at a time when he’s about to graduate from school.”

The books are about Harry’s development into a young man, Ray said.

“For Rowling to have put Harry Potter through all seven volumes just to kill him off, the point of all development would be wasted,” Ray said. “Death strikes me as being the strangest ending of all.”


And even though the series has a dark aspect to it, Rowling hasn’t set it up in such a way that Harry paying the ultimate price would make sense, said Tim Morris, who teaches English at the University of Texas at Arlington.

“I don’t get the sense that J.K. Rowling has set us up for that kind of sacrifice,” he said. “The first six books haven’t given a sense of that tragedy to me. It’s generally hopeful.”


Whited acknowledges that reader outrage would be high if Harry died, and that it might seem cruel to younger readers, who aren’t familiar with classic literary story arcs.

“I’m sure J.K. Rowling would get some howlers if Harry Potter did not survive,” she said.

But even if he lives, don’t be surprised if it’s a hard-fought victory, she said. Another aspect of the classic hero myth is that even if he wins, it’s not without some loss.

“There are always sacrifices, compromises along the way,” she said. “If Harry doesn’t die, one of his friends will."

Sofana24 July 6th, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jammi567 (Post 4329244)
yay! first post.

no, i don't think it would, because that would be going against the theme that good always wins. and anyway, this is a kids book, so i think it would upset them if he did die.

Who says that Harry will not kill Voldemort?
I know he will, he has to...However, I wouldn't doubt that J.K. Rowling would kill Harry, that way she makes sure nobody else will try ti write about Harry, and besides she killed Dumbledore and Sirius, against all odds, and we were sad about that...didn't we???? So yes I am afraid that our beloved Harry is going to sacrificies himself in order to vanquished Voldemort once and for all...


Although I am hoping, praying and beggin for that not to happen!!!!!!!

Ticci July 6th, 2007 2:57 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Originally Posted by HalfBloodGirl_
Hmmm
I really don't think that Harry will die.. I mean.. it's like the prophecy says. Only one can survive!!! And I doubt that Voldemort will live because that would be the most tragic book ever. But then again there is a chance that Harry AND Voldy die.. but wouldn't it have been pointless to the 5th book where the whole thing was based on the prophecy...

Best argument I've seen for Harry to LIVE!
~:o)

anjusk5 July 6th, 2007 3:51 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sickoftv (Post 4337363)
2) Quiddich. Yup... that sport. There IS a point to it. I have spent seven books trying to figure out why the flitwick Rowling felt a game as preposterous as Quiddich should serve as an important piece of the story. The entire game goes on as points are scored for as long as it takes to find the snitch. Then a seeker gets the snitch. Then that seeker's team wins. It seems pointless to have so many players simply as a distraction. Then I realized it's more than a bit of a metaphor. Its not just a ritualized form of struggle in the wizarding world, it is the entire plot. In the end, the teams do not matter. It is Harry and Voldemort - the two seekers - that matter. Only one of them can get the snitch. It seems that snitch is the ability to survive, whatever form Rowling chooses to give it.

that is a very good theory. i really hope harry won't die!! it would be really sad if he did!

AL_Patterson July 6th, 2007 4:11 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofana24 (Post 4612544)
Who says that Harry will not kill Voldemort?
I know he will, he has to...However, I wouldn't doubt that J.K. Rowling would kill Harry, that way she makes sure nobody else will try ti write about Harry, and besides she killed Dumbledore and Sirius, against all odds, and we were sad about that...didn't we???? So yes I am afraid that our beloved Harry is going to sacrificies himself in order to vanquished Voldemort once and for all...


Although I am hoping, praying and beggin for that not to happen!!!!!!!


Seeing as she owns the rights to Harry Potter, no one else can write books about the character. That reasoning makes no sense.

DarthSkywalker July 6th, 2007 4:14 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I just can't see her killing him or any of the core three off. It gets to a point that the series becomes to dark and loses it's way. Harry has to have that light at the end of the tunnel.

PHOENIX_ENFLAME July 6th, 2007 5:26 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scienceofsleep (Post 4533429)
i think we need to look at J.K.Rowlings view of her fans. She gets a lot of influence on how she writes the book just by reading our forums, even if Harry's death makes sense in the long run, we still have to remember that Harry Potter appeals to many many people in younger audiences. Many of J.K.R's choices on how to write harry potter has to do with the impact it will have on the audience. Not only will there be a lot of unhappy fans if the main character of the book dies, but the point of reading the story does not exactly have to do with defeating voldemort, thats just Harry's main goal. The point of the books has to do with watching Harry grow and suceed with many many obstacles. I dont think as an audience that the ULTIMATE treat of the book series would be the death of the Dark Lord, and definitley not Harry dying alonside him. these are just some of the reasons i believe harry wont die..

Sorry, I agree with Spritey.

In fact, here is another quote I have on our fan site.

The following is from an interview with JKR in Aug. 2000, Jeff Jensen, Entertainment Weekly:
Quote:

JEFF: "As your fan base is growing larger, and maybe even younger, do you feel any sense of social responsibility, any sense of responsibilities to their sensibilities?"

J.K. ROWLING: "I cannot write to please other people. I can't. When I finish book 7, I want to be able to look in the mirror and think, I did it the way I meant to do it. If I lose readers in the process, I'm not going to throw a party about it. But I would feel far worse if I knew that I had allowed myself to write something different. Yet, I do have parents coming up to me and saying "He's 6 and he loved your book!" And I've always kind of been, "Well, that's great, but I know what's coming, and I think 6 is a tiny bit too young." I've always felt that. With my daughter and Goblet of Fire,I'm reading it to her. Her reading age is pretty advanced, but I said, "I'm gonna read that one to you. It's scary, and I want to be there with you, and then we can talk about it." That would be my feeling if parents feel that."
And again I state, if Harry does dies.....many will not believe it. If what happened after HBP and Dumbledore's death is indicative of what will happens if Harry dies, we will soon be seeing the "HarryPotterisNotDead.com" web site. And thousands will come up with theories to explain how he could not possibly be dead.
Sad, but true.

anjusk5 July 6th, 2007 6:46 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pottercomics (Post 4609090)
For me, she could end it either way—Harry living or dying—and I would still enjoy (well, maybe not enjoy his death, but you understand) the ending. I want Harry to live, while equally wanting him to die, for two separate reasons: If Harry lives, the ending will leave me happy, satisfied, and provide closure; if Harry dies, though, the ending will be unique and powerful, though it may be harder to swallow. If Harry is going to die, I don't believe it will happen at Voldemort's hand, because I feel sure that Voldemort is going to die as well. If Harry dies, he has to know he's succeeded.

i agree with you. the series would be completely pointless if harry doesn't know that he had succeeded before he dies.
but i don't think he will die because it would be too cruel... like, his life was filled with sorrows beginning with the death of his parents, then 10 years with the dursleys and then facing voldemort and all the other stuff during his school years... and then to let him die at the end without giving him time to rejoice... that would be too cruel... so i don't think he would die.

but in 14 days we will know if he dies or not.. so can't wait till july 21st!

Decipherus July 6th, 2007 1:34 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I think Harry will die on the basis that he's, well...would you want to live after all of that traumatizing stuff happened to you? :no:

sg516 July 6th, 2007 5:25 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I just read a news article about JKR's reaction to wrapping up the writing of the DH and I think she killed harry. I never thought she would and i am really sad if i am right but she went out of her way in a recent interview to say she was crying hysterically when she got towards the end and that specifically mentioned that harry is not inspired by a real person. Why would she bring that up? She is intentionally distancing herself from him to cope with having killed him in the story by reminding herself that he is just fictional. Its on her mind or else it would have never been mentioned. I may be way off base (and lord knows i hope i am) but its just the impression i get.

sparkly July 6th, 2007 6:48 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sg516 (Post 4613601)
I just read a news article about JKR's reaction to wrapping up the writing of the DH and I think she killed harry. I never thought she would and i am really sad if i am right but she went out of her way in a recent interview to say she was crying hysterically when she got towards the end and that specifically mentioned that harry is not inspired by a real person. Why would she bring that up? She is intentionally distancing herself from him to cope with having killed him in the story by reminding herself that he is just fictional. Its on her mind or else it would have never been mentioned. I may be way off base (and lord knows i hope i am) but its just the impression i get.


People cry for many reasons other than death, and it's perfectly understandable that Jo cried when she finished the book. It had to be a very emotional moment for her - she's lived with Harry for over 15 years and to finally finish the series is more than enough reason to be crying.

I don't think her reaction has any bearing on whether Harry will live or die. JKR's known the ending for years so she's had a lot of time to come to terms with what happens.

mugglesrnewbs July 7th, 2007 2:24 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I know quite a few people will think this is a terrible post, but I think it would be great if Harry dies. It would be absolutely hilarious. Don't get me wrong, I love Harry and his world as much as anyone, but just picture in your mind the scene unfolding. You've just read 7 books leading up to this moment, following Harry as he goes from a scared little boy into a formidable wizard, and watched in rapture as he battles past all obstacles to reach this final showdown. He's just destroyed the last horucrux and he walks into the room he knows LV is hiding in, and LV simply AK's him.

It would be so anti-climatic, I don't think I'd ever stop laughing.

keveed92 July 7th, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
The book could go in so many ways. Especially since JKR has announced that like more then 3 0r 4 people die. (Im not sure on the exact number) It could happen where someone sacrifices themselves for harry and then harry kills voldemort but that is really obvious. Just Voldemort or Harry Killing the other is very obvious also. I think JKR will take one of these three obvious path and put in so many twists turns and surprises that it will completely blow are minds. Or she will write something so unexpected that it will blow are minds. However she ends it it will definetely blow are minds. The ending that she has made will be perfect and will be the only ending that could possibly be allowed for Harry Potter. We will of course realize this once we have read it.

DarthSkywalker July 7th, 2007 3:00 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
With the news that the final word isn't scar, I get this sinking feeling "The boy who lived" being written on a grave stone is to close for comfort.

IgoRetla July 7th, 2007 3:17 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Sorry, I don't see him dying at all. No reason for him to--and he's Jo's hero. He has to live to be happy.

Knox143 July 7th, 2007 11:33 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I remember a quote from JKR saying that she was indeed religious and if you read book 7 you would find out why, so it is possible book 7 will allude to an afterlife if Harry an co. do die. In this scenario, Harry would continue to live, but only from a certain point of view.

fang25 July 7th, 2007 2:16 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
i just watched an interview where she stated (when asked if she would write more about harry) that harry's journey came to a definate end but that she wouldn't mind writing again about his world.


definite end? only his world? now im starting to get scared

dbuske July 7th, 2007 5:31 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
She said the last word is not scar. She then refused to say what will be the last word.

When asked if she would write another Harry Potter book, frightningly she responded that the series has a definitive end, but she might write something in the Harry Potter universe.
I took that to mean that Harry dies. I hope not, I would be really sad if Harry dies.

snuffles_13 July 7th, 2007 5:50 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celestrin (Post 4329502)
I think you bring some really important things up in your agument here. For a long time I really felt quite the same way. I thought Harry was a character who could never reach literary compleation untill he was aloud to get his one true desire: family. I though for the first five books that Harry would have to die to really be compleated; that way he could be with his mom dad and Sirius. I agree with you as well that if Harry succeded in killing Voldie he would be too big, too grand a character to continue on.

However I have changed my opinion after HBP. When Rowling gave Harry Ginny, she gave him a life after DH. Ginny is Harry's character compleation. She fufills his greatest desire, family. Through her he can marry into the Weasley's, as well as start his own family.

Also, we see through Dumbledore it is posible to continue living a life after defeating a powerful dark wizard. This along with the Ginny plotline makes me believe Harry will survive DH.



this is so right. especially about the fact that harry will be able to marry into the weasleys and get the family that he always wanted and deserved. and this person was replying to a quote that someone posted saying that they think harry will kill voldemort and destroy all the horcruxes but die himself. this cant happen bc of the prophecy. remember? it says not both can live while the other survives. and we already figurout with dumbledore that that means that either harry OR voldemort is going to die. not both.

uwdaveh July 7th, 2007 6:22 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I really, really hope Harry won't die. I love happy endings ^^

mistyscooby July 7th, 2007 7:54 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
There are two possibilities/theorys I have, I will post both:

With the clues that JKR gives us, it is most likely that Herry survives, due to the prophecy. The prophecy clearly states that one will live while the other dies, and i am almost positive that Voldemort isn't going to live. The entire series is basically based on the defeat of Lord Voldemort. If Harry does die before defeating Voldemort, there is no way for Voldemort to be deafeated.

OR, Remembering in the fifth book when Harry and Dumbledore took the prophecy to peices and studied it closely, it appears that Neville could also be the one to defeat Volemort. Dumbledore's opinion on this metter is that Neville IS NOT the person in the Prophecy due to the fact that Voldemort PICKED Harry therefore making him part of the prophecy. I beleive it is very unlikely for neville to be the person spoken of in the prophecy.

Voldemorts8thHorcrux July 7th, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
i think that Harry will die, this may be a kids book, but I still think that he will die,or if he doesn't die, Voldemort won't either, i think

loonyluna0114 July 7th, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Yes, I think ity is the only way that we can eradicate Voldemort completely.
They have a connection, through Harrys scar, even if it isn't a horcrux, it is still a connection that will live on through Harry if he continues to live after having thwarted Voldemort.It would still be a story of good overcoming evil, even if Harry did die.

And look at this practically, If Harry was to survive after the seventh book, there would be a ridiculous amount of people that wouls try and carry on the story and I'm sure that JKR wouldn't want that. It should begin and end as her work, her imagination and it would do a discredit to the world of Harry Potter if this were allowed to happen.

I know that its really sad and I'm sure that I'll be crying bucket loads when it does hapopen, but I think it is inevitable.

Solace_Forever July 7th, 2007 9:26 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
i don't think harry would die...and for those that would want to carry on the series, i think JKR would do something to Harry that would stop it, he would not die but probebly get really injured, or go mental. Thats what i think. JKR is too good to start such a series and end it with the main character dying.

SactoMan001 July 7th, 2007 9:30 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I don't think Harry Potter will die for these three reasons:

1) It would essentially make all seven books unreadable after going through it once, because all that investment in the Harry Potter character for ten years will come to naught.

2) It is, after all, still a book for younger readers. I don't think younger readers take to Potter's untimely demise very well.

3) Rowling does NOT want to go down in infamy like what happened to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, who had to face a totally outraged public when he wrote the short story "The Adventure of the Final Problem," which was supposed to kill off the famous Sherlock Holmes character. That outcry was strong enough that Doyle had to revive Sherlock Holmes, and one wonders if Rowling wants do something like this.

Given the outrage over the unsatisfactory ending to The Sopranos TV series that made series creator David Chase a LOT of enemies, the last thing Rowling wants is to alienate perhaps the largest fan base of any novel author in the world right now.

dreamy_eyes_xox July 7th, 2007 9:31 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
no. he will not die.

AmesGDG July 7th, 2007 10:09 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
i'm not sure what it think on the dying incident right now, but solace_forever, i don't agree with your point. why make him mental or something instead of him dying? that's practically as bad as death.. that's like the longbottoms.. nothing good would come of it. oh, he's still alive, but he's not in any real state to anything.. yeah.. i don't like that theory.

Weasly_Wheezes July 8th, 2007 12:59 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Until I re-read all the books in a row again, I though Harry would die. Now, I don't think so. However, in the J.K interview last night, she said that in ten years she may want to enter 'that universe again', or something. She didn't say 'Harry's world', and I think she did earlier; and that could then mean he does die. I doubt it, though.

wisdomheaven July 8th, 2007 2:14 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
My main problem with Harry dying is that it kinda makes Lily's sacrifice go in vain.Yeah sure he may save the wizarding world and all but i highly doubt that Lily threw herself into the line of fire because she wanted he son to save the world.She did it because she loved him and wanted him to live a long happy life of his own.Throughout all of the books, Harry's life has never been his own.He has always been bogged down by Voldies lust for revenge and vindication.After book 5, he knew for certain that it was his responsibilty to destroy the dark lord.After all of the pain and devastation he has suffered why take away the chance for him to live ?I mean truely live without the threat of death and destruction to those he loves.Some people say he would be happy because he would rejoin his family in the afterlife and so on but i can't help but think that Lily would not be happy with her son joining her after only living for 17 years and never really living at that.However, that is simply my simple opinion.:cool:

Sammi_Sohma July 8th, 2007 4:28 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I hope not. :(

missypotter July 8th, 2007 5:27 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
There is no way I ever thought JKR would really kill off Harry. There are so many ways to end evil, LV and the series and keep him alive and happy. I don't think there would be a point in re-reading the series if Harry was just going to die.

Then...I recently read an interview with JKR about the end of the book. She so kills him. I know she does. The reaction she has to a chapter near the end of the book is too extreme for anything other than killing Harry. She said "it had been planned for a long time". That has to be the end of Harry. I just don't see the point if Harry dies. If he dies, evil wins whether LV is dead or alive.

loveyadelta July 8th, 2007 9:31 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I've always thought that Harry would/should live. It's just right that he would after Lily's sacrafice and all that has happened.

Though Jo worried me in her interview when she said something about thinking Harry story has a "very clear end" :S

MC2456 July 8th, 2007 9:51 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I want Harry to live so much that it hurts. But we have to analyze the plot here. DD told Voldy that there are things worse than death itself in OoTP. That made me think-alot. Why would DD say such a thing? Then it struck me. Death of a loved one. Death of a friend. That was worse, much worse than death itself.

This brings us to the plot. Harry would have to suffer, even if he lived, because 'two main characters will die'. Hermione talked about survivor's guilt didn't she, when they were discussing about Tonks on Harry's first morning in the Burrow. Would Harry feel sad, angry, guilty and dejected that the two main characters died and he lived, if he were not one of the two? I dunno, we have to wait till July 21st! Only 13 days from now, YAY! (BTW, I'm typing this at Singapore time, so forgive me if I'm typing a day ahead or a day after.)

Clara_Riddle July 8th, 2007 10:16 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I'd like to think that he survives but JK gave an interview with Jonathan Ross and when he asked if there was a future for the Harry Potter books she said that the ending of the book was very clear with no loose ends. She also said that Harry's story was pretty much finished.

I know she could mean anything from this; his story is finished because Voldemort is dead so there's nothing to fight anymore. But I couldn't help but draw the conclusion that he will die. There just seemed to be a finality to what she said.

Did anyone else see it? What did you think?

somerandom592 July 8th, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Don't you dare die Harry! I don't think I'll be able to stand it!!!!

I'll go to desperate measures just to believe Harry wont die.

I'm not in love with happy endings, have as much bad dark stuff happen at the end as you like but let Harry out of the final battle unhurt!!!!

Schlubalybub July 8th, 2007 1:22 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by loveyadelta (Post 4617781)
Though Jo worried me in her interview when she said something about thinking Harry story has a "very clear end" :S

I was going to say that...and I have always thought that Harry is going to die at the end, so this has pretty much convinced me that he will die. I think that she was having difficulty putting into words what she wanted to say without giving anything away...

Rosee July 8th, 2007 1:34 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Yeah, Tbh I think he will probably die, I don't want him to though, even though he is by all means not my favourite character, but I think it would just be too good if her were to live. Still, fingers crossed =] (yn)

Schlubalybub July 8th, 2007 1:38 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
He's not your favourite character by any means? There wouldn't be a series if it wasn't for him

AndrewWiggin July 8th, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I doubt that Harry dies. It's dramatic and if he dies, then Voldemort will live an that would not be a goo ending to the Harry Potter series. (Not that any ending could be bad when JKR writes it:D) There may be a possibilety that Neville is a part of the prophecy. Maybe Harry is supposed to find the Horcruxes, but Neville is supposed to take Voldemort in the end.

Ticci July 8th, 2007 2:26 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I think Harry will live. Dumbledore lived after vanquishing the dark lord Grindelwald. And since the prophecy says neither can live while the other survives... if Harry vanquishes Voldy then Harry can live.

Unfortunately i think Ron will die, his willingness to sacrifice himself in the chess game might have been insight to what he'll do in book 7.

Beatriceblake July 8th, 2007 2:28 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
My gut feeling is that Harry will die in the process of getting rid of Voldemort and Ron and Hermione will survive to comfort each other and get a kind of happy ending.

BBenton357 July 8th, 2007 2:31 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I don't want Harry to die. The thought of it saddens me deeply.

But, I jsut read a hadline story on MSN.com that JKR sobbed when she finished a chapter near the end of Deathly Hallows. A direct quote from hte article is "“When I finished one chapter near the end I absolutely howled,” she told the BBC television presenter."

So, I think the two characters are in fact Harry and Volde. Seems contrvied I know. But, the sobbing worries me for Harry.

The article can be found at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19631825/?GT1=10150

Into_The_Maze July 8th, 2007 2:51 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
No, I don't think he will die. Because, although it has promise as a meaningful end to the series, it would not be a good selling point for the books. Sorry to sound so cynical. Anyway I personally don't want him to die.

sweets7 July 8th, 2007 3:12 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Into_The_Maze (Post 4618105)
it would not be a good selling point for the books. Sorry to sound so cynical.

She has always made it abundantly clear that she couldn't care less about this. If Rowling never sold another book neither her, her children, her grandchildren etc. will ever have to work or run out of money.

On Jonathan Ross: when he said that people do not want to see characters they get attached to die, she pulled a face as if to say: 'Yeah well, I'm sorry about that'.

Prenz13 July 8th, 2007 6:29 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I used to think Harry won't and the trio with Ginny live too. But now,after Ross' interview, I get this really bad feeling that the trio and Ginny die.
You know, if all three and Ginny die TOGETHER, I wouldn't be as heartbrokenn as if only one of them dies, or only one is left alive. If only Harry lives after losing Ginny AND his two best friends,what kind of life will it be for him? The same with the others. If they have to die, I'd rather they all died together, else, they all live (which is starting to seem highly bleak now:( )

lil_snuffles July 8th, 2007 6:30 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I believe Harry will live. He has the will power. He has help from his friends. He just needs to believe in himself. :)

SnapeRoxMyWorld July 8th, 2007 7:11 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I think Harry will die in the 7th book because if he doesn't die, the series wouldn't truly end, and I think JKR wants the series to end with this book. Also, if Harry died in a truly satisfying way, and took Voldemort down with him, no one would be disappointed in the series. I think that is the only way for the series to end, with both Harry and Voldemort dying.

Maurven July 8th, 2007 8:36 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SnapeRoxMyWorld (Post 4618703)
I think Harry will die in the 7th book because if he doesn't die, the series wouldn't truly end, and I think JKR wants the series to end with this book. Also, if Harry died in a truly satisfying way, and took Voldemort down with him, no one would be disappointed in the series. I think that is the only way for the series to end, with both Harry and Voldemort dying.


This is really the only way I see Harry dying--taking Voldemort with him: perhaps they both go through the veil? I do think that whatever the case, Rowling will not have changed her original plan. I have far too much respect for her as an author to believe that she would alter her original intent and kill Harry just because she doesn't want to be bothered with people asking her to write another book. She really has a bigger stake in the Potterverse than any of us do, there's no way she would betray that and kill Harry for ultimately selfish reasons.

SnapeRoxMyWorld July 8th, 2007 8:40 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maurven (Post 4618970)
This is really the only way I see Harry dying--taking Voldemort with him: perhaps they both go through the veil? I do think that whatever the case, Rowling will not have changed her original plan. I have far too much respect for her as an author to believe that she would alter her original intent and kill Harry just because she doesn't want to be bothered with people asking her to write another book. She really has a bigger stake in the Potterverse than any of us do, there's no way she would betray that and kill Harry for ultimately selfish reasons.

No, I know she would never do that. I think that Harry may be a horcrux, in which case he would have to die anyway.
I also think that Snape will kill Voldemort after LV kills Harry, but that is another story.

BBenton357 July 8th, 2007 9:04 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I really hope Harry dosn't die. One of the first chapters was "The Boy wo lived" and what a great way to end the book. (I also like the ides of him becoming the DADA teacher at Hogwarts.)

Here is another thought... remember the Sorcer's Stone. Harry went to the mirror and saw himself with his parents. Ron also looked in the mirror and saw himself as Head Boy and with the Quiditch cup. Was this foreshadowing? Ron is a Prefect and on the way to Head boy. We know Ron plays Quiditch. So, is this how the story will end for Ron. And Harry will be reunited with his parents?

Just a thought

ally62442 July 8th, 2007 9:16 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
My feelings towards Harry dieing keep changing. I wrote in this thread not long ago and said that i thought he would die and now i have changed my mind again. I think as the book is so near now that i'm gonna keep changing my mind. I'm just ready to know now whatever the outcome.

Clara_Riddle July 8th, 2007 10:07 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SnapeRoxMyWorld (Post 4618703)
I think Harry will die in the 7th book because if he doesn't die, the series wouldn't truly end, and I think JKR wants the series to end with this book. Also, if Harry died in a truly satisfying way, and took Voldemort down with him, no one would be disappointed in the series. I think that is the only way for the series to end, with both Harry and Voldemort dying.

Yes, and what she needs to have done if (knock on wood) she has killed him off is done it in a way that seems satisfactory or a way that we can be at peace with his death. She needs to have done it in a way that it seems right. Or she could just make him die for a seemingly useless thing like she did Dumbledore to grate the grief in just that little bit harder :grumble:

SnapeALL_way July 8th, 2007 10:48 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maurven (Post 4618970)
This is really the only way I see Harry dying--taking Voldemort with him: perhaps they both go through the veil? I do think that whatever the case, Rowling will not have changed her original plan. I have far too much respect for her as an author to believe that she would alter her original intent and kill Harry just because she doesn't want to be bothered with people asking her to write another book. She really has a bigger stake in the Potterverse than any of us do, there's no way she would betray that and kill Harry for ultimately selfish reasons.

I really dont understand why people keep saying she has to kill him, i mean killing him just to end the series is a really bad reason for it. I mean i dont think when the idea came to her in the train,she was thinking oo and in the end he has to die, because then no one can write another book about it. Anyways didnt she say in the Ross interview that she made the contract with the publishers that only her can write about these characters. Also, if she has the word "scar" in the end, doesnt that maybe mean that Harry is still alive? it just a thought...... I mean she cried when she killed sirus, and DD, so i think she would be crying in the end of book 7,because Lupin, hagrid or any other character, it doesnt have to harry .....

well thats just my thoughts, i really dont thinks she will kill her favorite character off or any of the trio.. *i hope*

snuffles_13 July 9th, 2007 5:41 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
i dont think that harry will die. the whole series is really explaining the hardships in harry's life. and i dont think that it wud do the series justice to put harry through all this evil throughout his life to just kill him at the end. and with everyone saying that JKR sed there will be "no loose ends" i dont think that means that harry has to be gone. i think that voldie can be killed and she even sed that the last chapter is explaining whut happened to the rest of the characters after the books end. so she cud end it by saying "the war was over. harry married ginny and ron hermione," their carreers and how they die. its really easy to finish off loose ends without having to kill off the main character. i think that if harry dies then the rest of the trio must. bc of the fact that they sed after DDs fineral that they had time to get out, but they're with harry no matter whut. so i think that this may even carry over through death. i just think that harry deserves life. and he deserves a good one. JKR loves harry. she has grown with these characters for 10 years and she will udnerstand that the characters that do die, there was a reason for their death. whut wud be the reason for harry to die? other than to kill voldie and save the wizarding world, ahha? but i believe that possibly harry may be protected once again by love. possibly by his best friends, or maybe the entire order and his schoolmates that are with him. some of them will die in the process but harry will be protected. just a predictiong =)

somerandom592 July 9th, 2007 6:03 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I don't think Harry will die. Then again, when I think about it, I think I'm only saying that because I really, really don't want him to die. It isn't fair. Not that all life HAS to be fair except...except...I don't know but if Harry dies I'll kill him! Waiittt.... no...that doesn't really make sense.
Yeah, there is the thing about leaving the rest of harrys life unanswered, but I'm hoping they make some kind of epilogue at the end of Deathly Hallows, telling us what happened to them, what they did, how they died...
I think the HP series must have the most COMPLEX storyline ever! At the end of almost every book there's a long explanation, right? There's so many bits and pieces, and once you get all the pieces and fit them in all together, it all makes sense.
I wonder what everything would be like if Professor Trelawney hadn't made that prediction that Dumbledore recorded as a prophecy?

iamthedarklord July 9th, 2007 6:19 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
JKR already confirmed that the last chapter tells us what will happen to the surviving characters. As for Harry dying, i don't really care either way but i think that he won't die but he will make some sort of sacrifice that prevents him from seeing his friends again (like what happens to a certain character at the end of a certain Pirates movie, the one with feng)

Emily33 July 9th, 2007 6:21 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I honestly do not think Harry will die, however, I believe Hermionee or Ron, or even both will die. It kinda makes me sad but whatever happens happens.

Weasly_Wheezes July 9th, 2007 7:25 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
'I honestly do not think Harry will die, however, I believe Hermionee or Ron, or even both will die. It kinda makes me sad but whatever happens happens.'

That's what I think will happen, too. I don't want them to, and I hope Harry, Hermione and Luna survive.

Have you seen MSN news? I wrote in using the feedback button on the Entertainment page. It said: 'Two characters die', so I told them more do and J.K meant that these two are additions to the list, not the only two who die. It's saying that there's a petition going about asking that 'we, the undersigned' want more books after Harry Potter and want him to live. They're aiming for a million signatures. I think the Harry Potter books work really well as this set, and any more could potentially make them worse. Also, how can they hope to influence Harry's fate? J.K writes the story se wants to write and, besides, the books are printed and bound.

AnneAnne July 9th, 2007 9:26 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I really do hope that Harry does not die. However, if he does die, then sense Voldemort has Harry's blood inside of him is it possible that he will die too? I really don't think that the way Harry kills Voldemort is through the AK curse.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 7:32 am.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Original content is Copyright © MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright © its respective owners.