Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Post DH References (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   Pottermore v.10 (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=130213)

Tonks_Animagus November 6th, 2011 10:40 am

Re: Pottermore v.10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arya_ (Post 5922545)
I'm still very dissapointed that pottermore has not approved my art yet, even though others have.

Why not? It approves of mine every one and a half day

Shannon_Grint November 6th, 2011 3:01 pm

Ok cool.

I'm not artistic so I haven't tried to upload any fan art but my guess is maybe it didn't get through? It's hard to say whether it just wasn't approved or it's a bug.

captain_mills November 6th, 2011 4:48 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sphereness (Post 5922540)
Does anyone know, by the way, how long it takes Pottermore to approve a drawing? I submitted one around the dawn of time - but I never heard any more about it. The relevant box on my profile just says "you haven't submitted any drawings yet". Does anyone know?

I did too... My guess that's Pottermore's way of saying "denied!" I looked at the terms of service afterward and deemed that my "drawing" done in Photoshop might have had some identifying information on it...

BronzeDragon November 6th, 2011 5:18 pm

One thing that had bothered me was someone on another site had posted about how a comment that "Dumbledore and McGonagall would have been a cute couple," was approved, but their comment saying "I thought McGonagall was a lesbian until I read this" was denied for having inappropriate content. It made me wonder how they're going to handle any commentary on Dumbledore's character in DH.

I haven't commented on Pottermore because I just don't see the point. There's nothing to say except, "Oh, cool!" It's not like you can really share ideas.

Sphereness November 6th, 2011 5:37 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain_mills (Post 5922758)
I did too... My guess that's Pottermore's way of saying "denied!" I looked at the terms of service afterward and deemed that my "drawing" done in Photoshop might have had some identifying information on it...

Ah - that might be it then! I used Photoshop as well. I didn't realise that was against their rules. Still, it would have been nice to get a message saying "your art has been rejected" or something similar rather than just....nothing.

I'll try submitting a scan of a pen+paper drawing. See if that works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BronzeDragon (Post 5922777)
One thing that had bothered me was someone on another site had posted about how a comment that "Dumbledore and McGonagall would have been a cute couple," was approved, but their comment saying "I thought McGonagall was a lesbian until I read this" was denied for having inappropriate content. It made me wonder how they're going to handle any commentary on Dumbledore's character in DH.

I imagine that Sony does not want to associate its brand with any socially controversial issues. So they resort to censoring such topics.

Their aim may be to be neutral - but by not allowing homosexuality to be discussed as a normal topic they are in fact taking a very hard-line conservative stance (in my opinion of course).

Lisl_Loveheart November 6th, 2011 6:20 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snapes_witch (Post 5922363)
Huh, I've always been able to follow what my friends are doing . . .

Well, so have I! Until Pottermore went into "healing". But that error was short lived and my friends' actions are back on my gateway page. (not that it really matters what those people do, anyway, since I have no clue who they are!)

Anyway, all this talk about being old at mid twenties got me a little worried! At least until I read that other "over 30" are on this thread too! haha I know we are a minority but we are young at heart! ;)

The site seems to be a little faster and (hooray) I can now see the videos! Wish they would open other spells for practice even without actually duelling...

About the artwork people submitt, I have heard it takes a long time. I have also noticed that some images were uploaded to the wrong chapter/person/object. Wonder if they will ever even bother to fix that, since there are so many other major things to fix.

Can't wait for the site to open to the public so that my husband can get sorted...

Hes November 7th, 2011 9:56 am

Last chance for people to do the beta survey today. It closes at 11.00am BST. Which is in two hours.

Lotoc_Sabbath November 7th, 2011 5:40 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hes (Post 5923734)
Last chance for people to do the beta survey today. It closes at 11.00am BST. Which is in two hours.

Do we know when will it actually open to everybody?

Hes November 7th, 2011 6:59 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotoc_Sabbath (Post 5923856)
Do we know when will it actually open to everybody?

No, they haven't given us a date as of yet.

BrianTung November 7th, 2011 8:33 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BronzeDragon (Post 5913582)
Actual reason for the post: BrianTung, I'm trusting you wrote a nice letter to the Pottermore survey team on the open feedback regarding the calculation of House points? I know they basically got a Hermione-length essay on Sorting from me.

So, I finally did submit my feedback late last week. Almost spot on a thousand words. For the few of you who might actually be interested, I covered:
  • The impossibility of having any kind of conversation on Pottermore.
  • Points imbalance between potion-brewing and duelling.
  • The aforementioned issue with the house points score calculation.
I figure the other issues I could name would almost certainly be covered essentially verbatim by a zillion other users, so I restricted myself to those that I had some special comment about. I did reference the potions loop, but only to illustrate one way that I might have had a hand in getting myself out of it.

We'll see if anything ever comes of it.

Arya_ November 8th, 2011 9:35 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain_mills (Post 5922758)

What? Why then? What's the deal with Pottermore not liking photoshop? All my art that I scan and tweek is on photoshop. This is so unfair!

I have ye to recieve a "denied" statement though.

WildFloo162 November 8th, 2011 3:53 pm

I submitted a blank ms paint sheet titled Harry in his Invisibility Cloak and they denied it. lol.

owlycherries November 8th, 2011 4:12 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildFloo162 (Post 5924491)
I submitted a blank ms paint sheet titled Harry in his Invisibility Cloak and they denied it. lol.

Hahahhaha :rotfl:

ShieldSky November 8th, 2011 9:17 pm

Quote:

That is just too funny for words. :rotfl: They should've accepted it.

BrianTung November 8th, 2011 9:32 pm

Quote:

Heh. Maybe you should have titled it "Ron in Harry's Invisibility Cloak."

By the way, did they explicitly give you a denial notice? Or did it just not show up?

BronzeDragon November 9th, 2011 2:17 am

I haven't done much Potion-brewing, so can someone tell me if this is a bug?

I purchased the unicorn horn to try to brew Antidote to Common Poisons (21 Galleons!) From the Pottermore wiki, I understand that this is supposed to give you 55 "portions" of unicorn horn. However, after 1 attempt at brewing the potion (which failed on the second-to-last step - stupid clockwise vs. counterclockwise!), the unicorn horn vanished from my inventory, so in essence I spent 21 Galleons on one attempt at brewing a potion.

Does it now cost 21 Galleons for one attempt at Antidote To Common Poisons, or is this a glitch? If so, how to report to Pottermore? (I'm guessing the Help-->Other-->What's next--> route, but is there a faster way?)

SusanBones November 9th, 2011 2:37 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BronzeDragon (Post 5925152)
I haven't done much Potion-brewing, so can someone tell me if this is a bug?

I purchased the unicorn horn to try to brew Antidote to Common Poisons (21 Galleons!) From the Pottermore wiki, I understand that this is supposed to give you 55 "portions" of unicorn horn. However, after 1 attempt at brewing the potion (which failed on the second-to-last step - stupid clockwise vs. counterclockwise!), the unicorn horn vanished from my inventory, so in essence I spent 21 Galleons on one attempt at brewing a potion.

Does it now cost 21 Galleons for one attempt at Antidote To Common Poisons, or is this a glitch? If so, how to report to Pottermore? (I'm guessing the Help-->Other-->What's next--> route, but is there a faster way?)

I've bought the unicorn horn on Pottermore and it is lasting a long time. I've successfully brewed 15 Antidote potions and still have 39 pieces of unicorn horn left. So it sounds like you have a glitch. You can try contacting Pottermore and see if they can check into it for you.

WildFloo162 November 9th, 2011 2:49 am

they denied it. It took forever, but they eventually sent me the denial.

BronzeDragon November 9th, 2011 3:13 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanBones (Post 5925169)
I've bought the unicorn horn on Pottermore and it is lasting a long time. I've successfully brewed 15 Antidote potions and still have 39 pieces of unicorn horn left. So it sounds like you have a glitch. You can try contacting Pottermore and see if they can check into it for you.

Thanks. I assumed that it either had to be a glitch or that I was missing a place where you could collect it. It's the first actual glitch I've had; I guess I'm lucky. At least it didn't stick me in a loop.

While I'm on this topic, any tips for stirring counter-clockwise? I grab the spoon and make what I think are counter-clockwise motions, but I couldn't get the counter to move past 1.

(I'd just go back to doing Cure For Boils, which I can do really well, but I'd like to be able to do at least 1 of every potion.)

Harry23 November 9th, 2011 3:46 am

I want to make a potion :( the site update didn't fix my potions glitch. I reckon a lot of other Gryffindors have a potions glitch because our points have barely been going up for awhile now.