Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Muggle Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Pottercast (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=132156)

adrienie April 1st, 2013 7:26 pm

Pottercast

I know that Pottercast (the podcast put out by the folks at the Leaky Cauldron) isn't a movie or video game, but it is Potter-related entertainment.

So, question for anyone out there...

I've been wanting to download all the past episodes (yes all 250 or so episodes) but iTunes only has the 25 most recent and the links on the Pottercast website don't always work (plus they take a long time).

Does anyone out there know where I can download them all? Perhaps as a zip or just all the episodes at the same time?

I would appreciate it so much! Thanks!

Hes April 1st, 2013 7:29 pm

Re: Pottercast

Here you go: Pottercast :)

adrienie April 1st, 2013 8:06 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hes (Post 6066047)
Here you go: Pottercast :)

Yeah, I've seen that they're all up on the site. But like I said, some of the links are broken and it's frustrating trying to get them all into my iTunes when I download them individually. I may have no choice but to do that, but if someone has all of the episode and would like to send them to me or if you know someone where I can just download them in bulk, I would really appreciate it!

Hes April 1st, 2013 8:10 pm

If someone knows such a place and it´s legal they can share. Just remember that no private information, like email addresses should be shared in public.

adrienie August 8th, 2014 2:17 pm

Wow, it's been a while. I thought they were shutting this thing down, but apparently not…

Anyway, I did get those links. I'm just wondering now if anyone knows what ever happened to Sue. Why did she leave the show and why do I get the impression that they had a falling out? At LeakyCon in Orlando, someone asked Melissa how she was doing and there was a long hesitation before Melissa said, "As far as we know, she's doing fine." And that was the end of that.

So anyone know?

MrSleepyHead August 8th, 2014 4:23 pm

Her final episode was back in 2009 - #211 (around 1:45), and in it she cited moving on to other things. Who knows if there were deeper politics around the situation, but it seems like she just moved on from Leaky - but not entirely. Over the years, though, it seems that her involvement just petered (just like with participants on these forums). :)

HMN September 7th, 2014 8:51 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrienie (Post 6092568)
Wow, it's been a while. I thought they were shutting this thing down, but apparently not…

Anyway, I did get those links. I'm just wondering now if anyone knows what ever happened to Sue. Why did she leave the show and why do I get the impression that they had a falling out? At LeakyCon in Orlando, someone asked Melissa how she was doing and there was a long hesitation before Melissa said, "As far as we know, she's doing fine." And that was the end of that.

So anyone know?

I was an avid listener, and tried to look into the reason she left, but there was never any real mention of it. She was just one day gone. It was an abrupt end for sure.

On Wikipedia it says: "Sue Upton, senior news editor for The Leaky Cauldron (left after episode 211 after Upton resigned from The Leaky Cauldron website duties)" So it seems like she just quit Leaky all together.

From Harry Potter Wikia:
Quote:

Sue Upton was the Senior Editor of The Leaky Cauldron website. She was also a co-host of PotterCast, the official podcast of The Leaky Cauldron. Sue is an avid reader of the series, having joined the Harry Potter online fandom in 2001. However, Sue decided it would be best if she left The Leaky Cauldron website, moving onto other things. She stated she 'still loves Harry Potter and she's not giving up'. She remains in touch with the others on The Leaky Cauldron website.

MrSleepyHead September 16th, 2014 4:43 pm

Not Pottercast, necessarily, but The Leaky Cauldron has been revived (as has the HP-Lexicon). I usually visited MuggleNet but have found that that site has devolved a bit from its roots. I think Leaky holds on to a bit more of the traditional Harry Potter flair, and I'm glad to see it functional again. I was surprised they let it become so degraded given their involvement with LeakyCon. But it looks like they had largely moved to Leaky News (more of a Hypable-type site), which is now "Geeky News" in keeping with the split of LeakyCon to GeekyCon. I'm glad they are committed to making this distinction between general fandom and Harry Potter fandom, though I concede that sole dedication to the Harry Potter fandom is less successful and rewarding as a business.

Perhaps there should be a separate thread on "the state of the fandom," though given current activity here there may be little interest! :lol: