Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   The Great Hall (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   One skill you wish you had (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=119265)

siriussternfan January 28th, 2009 6:06 am

One skill you wish you had

wondered what real life skill you would love to have. i wish i could sing love to sing in my car or when had bit to much to drink, some songs i can hold my own but thats in my head i think. it would be great and wish i could draw best i can do is stick figures lol

mel_trueblue January 30th, 2009 11:48 am

Re: one skill wish you had

Hmm... I'd love to actually be able to sing too. I sing all the time, but it's a bit tortureous for those around me =P
I also wish I was outgoing and talkative. I'm not much of a people person at all. I prefer books. Sad, isn't it? =P

pensieve_master January 30th, 2009 1:59 pm

World class finance skills.

Melaszka January 30th, 2009 7:07 pm

I would give my right arm to be able to play the piano (but then I wouldn't be able to play, anyway, because I'd only have one arm...)

PureBloodGirl January 31st, 2009 6:27 pm

I wish I could dance. I can't dance at all. Whenever I try to dance I always end up making a fool of myself.

Vladimir_Lupin February 3rd, 2009 4:41 pm

Remaining self-confident in social situations, above all.

Electricfeel February 4th, 2009 3:24 am

Dancing definitely!

moonfoot February 4th, 2009 10:06 pm

Re: One skill you wish you had

I'd love to be able to draw. Most of my best drawings include sunshines and flowers. :lol: So, yeah, I'd like better drawing skills.

Wizard_Pupil February 4th, 2009 10:27 pm

I really wish to be cunning, I wish I could have the ability to make money, to be easy going with people, to be a very social person, to know how to deal manipulate people.

I mean, I do not envy anything at all, I really love the way I am but unfortunately in this world we need abilities to survive.

Sometimes I really think I need that to be successful in this life, to have work and money as many cunning people have with no talent at all, just becoz they are clever/popular/cunning.

When I was in school I really needed to have the talent to be popular, I have no leadership at all, At all, and now as an adult I think I need a bit of that to be successful

Maybe I am wrong...afetr all we are always learning, we are never wise enough to know how to live XD.

Insomniatic February 5th, 2009 10:20 am

I can't think of one skill really

CissyBella February 5th, 2009 11:58 pm

I'd like to be able to play the guitar better. I can't play worth a **** so it makes it really hard when I try to write songs.

potterstinks123 July 26th, 2009 7:51 pm

I wish I could be more out-going and less shy in person. I'm so misleading on the internet, I find it easier to be myself there than in person...=\

potterposse July 27th, 2009 1:32 am

I wish I could dance without clearing out a room and without friends or family denying the know me. :lol:

I've always wanted to play the guitar or piano...maybe someday. :)

If it had to be something important, I'd like to be better at math...not a great thing to be bad at :whistle:

AnneAnne July 27th, 2009 1:52 am

I wish that I could sing beautifully. I'm in the top choir in my school, but I just have an ordinary voice. I mean I wouldn't ever want to pursue singing as a career, but it would still be nice to have a mind blowing sound.

SadPanda July 29th, 2009 4:36 am

Sadly since no one skill would allow me to become Batman, I'd like to be able to give really great motivational speeches whenever I wanted, Losing the big game? no problem got a speech for that, Line moving too slowly at the grocery store? got one for that also.

tripletkate607 July 29th, 2009 9:49 am

I wish I was more graceful. Like, I wish I could run a lap in gym without tripping. Or get through one orchestra rehearsal without hitting myself in the face with my effing bow.

excusemydust July 29th, 2009 11:25 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electricfeel (Post 5229463)
Dancing definitely!

Me too. :agree:

GreekGeek July 30th, 2009 12:24 am

Oh most definately I wish I was a better student!

I mean, I'm at the top of my class, but I would love to smart and wise enough to skip a grade, completely, instead of having to take some of my year's classes, and some of the next year's classes. I wish I was advanced enough to take ALL of the next year's classes. That would be a marvelous skill. . .

CowsRSkary October 4th, 2009 7:40 pm

I wish, more than anything, that I could whistle.

snapegirl October 4th, 2009 7:43 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CowsRSkary (Post 5430921)
I wish, more than anything, that I could whistle.

I can't whistle either, but it doesn't bother me.

I wish I could draw. So many people I know draw well and are tattoo artists. So yeah, that's the one I would want.

emrys October 9th, 2009 7:34 am

Move stuff with my mind.

magic_is_might October 9th, 2009 2:26 pm

I would love to be able to play the guitar, piano or the violin. Just one of those intruments and I would be happy :)

I would also love to be able draw.

Tonks_Animagus October 9th, 2009 4:47 pm

I wish I could sing well. :(
I sing like a cat who someone has stepped on its tail. O.o

wolfbrother October 13th, 2009 8:22 pm

Magical:
Wish I could Apparate. I'm forever running around trying to avoid being late.
I wouldn't mind being an Animagus (something decent not a spider or something) or a Legilimens either.

Real life:
I wish I was taller and probably a bit more outgoing. But height is the main thing cause I can work on other aspects.

Sometimes I hope that I'll meet some wizards and right before they Obliviate me, I'll convince them to put some stretching jinxes on me :p

LoonyLovegood77 October 19th, 2009 1:53 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mel_trueblue (Post 5226969)
I also wish I was outgoing and talkative. I'm not much of a people person at all. I prefer books. Sad, isn't it? =P

That's totally like me :) Most times I'd rather be in a book than in the real world, unless I'm with my friends/family. Even then sometimes I prefer to be sucked into a book :lol:

Tonks_Animagus October 19th, 2009 1:06 pm

Hmm... I actually feel outgoing. It's just that sometimes that I'm too bored or tired...:p Hey, everybody may have a bad day, can't she?

P.S.: Magic skill I wish I could have: To create a patronus! I'd create it often, just because I would like to have some company(when I hadn't), no matter what animal it would be. Also, it's said that only very powerful wizards can cast that spell. :D

Smitts October 19th, 2009 9:22 pm

I wish I had the skills to be a well renown doctor/physicist.

Tams23 October 19th, 2009 10:18 pm

I wish i was less clumsy. It's only getting worse with the years, i think. :rolleyes:

But then again, i guess it's part of my uhm charm too. :p

MC2456 December 26th, 2009 4:11 pm

I'd like to be a better singer.

I would love to be a better artist-many six year olds can draw better than me.

Oh, and lastly, I would love to be a really good archer, like Legolas in Lord of the Rings. But I can't even hit darts right!

merrymarge December 26th, 2009 6:09 pm

I wish I was a bit more outgoing. It's hard for me to open up to people. Really, I am surprised that I am writing this. Normally, I wouldn't It took me about two or three years before I joined the COS forum, one year before I got sorted. And there are other areas here that I haven't checked out and not sure if I would check them out.

CowsRSkary December 26th, 2009 6:24 pm

Whistleing. :whistle:
Can't do it.

MinervasCat January 2nd, 2010 5:39 pm

I would like to be able to write and illustrate a children's book. I have several small grandchildren and would like to do it for them.

merrymarge January 14th, 2012 4:55 am

I wish I was thirty pounds thinner. I don't go out to eat, I seldom eat junk food, yet I am overweight. Now, I have a sluggish thyroid, so I blame that on my not being able to get thin.

WelkinCooper January 14th, 2012 12:59 pm

I wish I was more ambitious sometimes. I have skills that other people have seen and commented favorably on during my life, (art, writing, singing, sense of humor, organizational skills, public speaking) but I don't really push any of them or work at them.

I also wish I trusted people more, like I used to when I was younger.

1BellaLestrange January 14th, 2012 7:43 pm

I wish I felt more comfortable about singing and not caring what others have said about my voice.

dancingpenguin7 January 22nd, 2012 9:35 pm

I'd love to have the ability to be more talkative. I'm quite shy most of the time. The thing is I'm not talkative, but I'm very confident. I'm confident in my looks, but I never want to get hurt.

Altaira_Black February 29th, 2012 1:03 pm

Out of all skills I think i'd really want the ability to write with both hands. I've forgotten the term for what it's called but it always seemed like something that could come in handy.

Goddess_Clio February 29th, 2012 4:44 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altaira_Black (Post 5985407)
Out of all skills I think i'd really want the ability to write with both hands. I've forgotten the term for what it's called but it always seemed like something that could come in handy.

It's call ambidextrous.

Like a lot of the people in this thread I wish, to a certain extent, that I were more outgoing but I find people very trying after a while; I start dwelling on the things that drive me crazy about that person, even with the people I love, and just want to be left alone to do the things I want to do without having to put up with other people looking over my shoulder or asking what I'm doing or interrupting me. There are times when I just want to be left alone.

I also wish, to a certain extent, that I were more talkative or, barring that, had an easier time conversing with people I don't know. Like with people I don't know, I find small talk trying and don't generally like to chit chat about weather and traffic and local or national events making the news...

I wish I could make friends more easily. Because I find people trying and small talk wearisome I don't often make friends quickly. Most of my friends were introduced to me through friends I already had and was more or less forced to be in their company and found that I liked the person :D But I could work on this myself so I wouldn't use up a wish on it. :rotfl:

As for my real wish, the one that I'd absolutely want, I'd like to be able to learn how to do things and excell at them very quickly. I don't mind putting in the work to learn to play piano for instance but it's a bummer that in order to become any good at it it takes years and years of practice. I'd like to improve my fine arts skill and I don't mind putting the work but it's frustrating to not feel like you're getting anywhere even when you work really hard at something which is partly where the "getting good at it fast" part comes in. I'll practice piano or art skills or writing or learn a language or whatever and I'll put in the work but I'd like some magic force to come a long every other month or so and speed up the process so I feel like I'm making more than token progress.

No_Name February 29th, 2012 5:04 pm

I wish I was better at maths. I'm terrible at maths.

Ms_Snuffles March 4th, 2012 12:08 am

I wish a had more talent in arts. I tend to envy those who paint well, or sing well or know how to dance so these are the skills I wish I was good at.

JohanT March 14th, 2012 2:37 am

I wish I could sparkle in the daytime as though the moonlight echoed through the pores in my skin :(.

SnyderD March 20th, 2012 7:46 pm

I've always wanted to fly.

wolfbrother March 21st, 2012 3:57 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altaira_Black (Post 5985407)

It can come with practice. I'm right handed but I used to write with my left hand when I was bored in class as a kid. Its not the best but its readable. I know people who've been forced to learn to write (and do other things) with their wrong hand when they broke their preferred hand.

Ghrawleg March 26th, 2012 8:11 am

OF all the skills in the world... I wish I could be one of those people that make a difference somehow... ie. touch people's life.

I wish I had creativity and lots of guts..

phoenix45 April 15th, 2012 6:46 pm

Singing. I love almost all types of music and shows like Glee, American Idol, and the Voice. I like big voices that can really belt out big notes. Every day in my car, I listen to at least one song that I can really pretend I'm onstage singing to.

Only a dream, as I am completely tone deaf.

Charlotte_Snape March 31st, 2013 1:36 am

I wish I could tell a story, b/c I think it's the key to socializing & friendships and stuff. I'm in awe of people who can do it with no preparation - like just dive into a good story while hanging out after dinner or something. It baffles me lol.

elloran February 16th, 2014 8:31 pm

Would love to play any kind of instrument. Can sing quite a bit... but never learned to play any kind of instrument.

BrightestWitch February 17th, 2014 2:20 am

I wish I could be amazing at gymnastics (olympic level) and super flexible.

merrymarge March 25th, 2014 3:32 am

i wish I could be invisible. then I could spy on people

HermioneLeviosa March 30th, 2014 7:24 pm

I wish I had magical powers to able to make life better for myself and everyone.

LyraLovegood December 27th, 2014 10:35 pm

Theory of Mind.

SlyRagrihuf January 19th, 2015 1:51 am

I would like to fly like an eagle, have the strength of a tiger, swim like a shark, run like a cheetah, or sing like a bird. Henceforth, for me would be the power of transformation into anything I can think of!

SlyRagrihuf December 2nd, 2017 2:10 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyraLovegood (Post 6095750)
Theory of Mind.

That was beautiful and thoughtful!
Thank You!