Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Divination Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5 (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=101059)

fryonator June 25th, 2007 10:07 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I'm not saying that Harry will die but I am sure that if Jk had him dying when she first wrote the story then she won't change anything. She has loads of money and if a publishing company wouldn't accept her work she would have just changed publishers with the snap of her fingers. She is the dominant one in the relationship with the publisher.

Scothoser June 25th, 2007 10:27 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nano (Post 4589300)
Jo has already stated that the 2way mirror will come into it again ... well if she kills Harry, it will be in a very heroic beautiful kind of way, and I reckon it will be a sacrificing death - but I think we will see a bit further than just Harrys death - I think the reunion with loved ones will make Harry a very happy chappy - even though he is dead - but I also think he might find a way to communicate his happiness in the after life to those who survive and are left behind (perhaps through a 2way mirror) this would give Harry peace and also those who survive would not mourn if they knew he at last had found happiness

nano

If Harry were to die, that is how I would like it to end. It would be very similar to the ending of the Narnia series, with the Kings and Queens of Narnia, though killed on Earth in a train wreck, continuing on into Aslan's country which is more beautiful still.

In this case Harry is reunited with all the people he loves, and continues on with the next great adventure. I honestly think it's the only way that his death could be accomplished without the traumatic effect that would occur otherwise.

oneinhufflepuff June 26th, 2007 1:28 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

That's why I don't think Harry will die. There isn't anyone to take the story over, no other perspective that will help us understand how to continue on after Harry dies. No other character in the books has had their perspective in parallel to Harry's. Sure, other characters have spoken, and there have been single chapters without Harry in them, but of the Trio, only Harry's perspective is seen.

Even with LoTR, Samwise becomes the new perspective about half-way through the book. He becomes the storyteller, and many of the events are seen through his eyes and not Frodo's. This process allows us to accept Frodo's passage into the Land of the West, and the story ends with Samwise returning to Bag End with his family.
You have some really interesting ideas and I like where you're going with this! :cool: One thing I've noticed that JKR tends to do stylistically is show us the darker, or at least more obnoxious and flawed, side of her characters before they die. It sounds strange but when you think about it, for the vast majority of OotP Sirius was quite annoyingly rash and foolhardy, I wanted to smack him several times for risking so much out of boredom! And Dumbledore was never more annoying than right before he died, after snapping at Harry over Draco and Snape, and even the prophecy a little bit. I think she does this in a way in order to make the deaths more poignant, as someone put it in a different thread "so that we think, "wow I wish this guy would just shut up and get lost" and then we feel guilty and sad when, several pages later, he actually does."

Now, I don't know about the popular opinion regarding this, but I think Harry is showing a few dangerous tendancies and approaching someone other than the sweet little Harry we all used to love, the underdog. I think he's gotten, slowly, a bit of a swelled head, a bit of a "saving people thing" that is quite possibly the greatest weakness of his character. Now personally I think JKR was bringing this quite to the forefront in HBP with the Snape scene and Harry's little "I must go it alone" speech with Ginny, Ron, and Hermione. Considering her pattern, that bodes very, very ill for Harry.

I tend to disagree about the lack of a Sam character...I think Ron and Hermione mirror Frodo's little "Sam I must carry it, it is mine" and Sam's "Huh? But I'm here with you to the end!" bit. Almost perfectly, in fact. Hermione and Ron are clearly the "Sam" characters if there are any, Ron most obviously.

All of this is rather ominous, I know, but as I said, I do think Harry will live! For many of the same reasons you do, in fact. But most importantly, because I think JKR can accomplish all the themes she is trying to accomplish literarily without Harry's death. Narnia necissitated the death of the kids as it was much more strictly allegorical. With Harry Potter, a Frodo type symbolic "death" or loss will suffice quite nicely I think. But I do expect survival to come with huge tragedy and great cost, and for Harry's stubborness and arrogance to come to the fore before the end of DH.

Taylor_Elise June 26th, 2007 8:30 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KOTMods (Post 4588548)
I'm sure there's going to be loads more to come and then in the end we'll all be like "OH YEAH!"

I get what you're saying completely, and I agree. No matter the outcome, by the last sentence of the epilogue, I am 100% positive it's going to be that "OH YEAH!" reaction, where...out of all the things we've speculated on and all the potential endings we've come up with--Jo did it her way and it makes perfect sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scothoser (Post 4588603)
If you are going to compare endings with J.R.R. Tolkien, you should compare with The Hobbit. That's his children's book, and all was well that ended well. The hero completed his task, grew from the experiences, and came back changed, but not so dark and brooding. The Lord of the Rings was a more adult book, written with more adult concepts. War was more accurate (a reflection of the World Wars), and the emotional scarring that comes to soldiers that survive those wars was equally accurate.

Thanks for bringing some solid comparisons into this--it's really refreshing to see someone back up their argument!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scothoser (Post 4588603)
So, why do I think that Harry will win out in the end and survive? The after life hasn't been clearly defined, though it has been discussed. Unless she spends a lot of time in this last book outlining the effects of the afterlife, or finds a way to make it less scary for children, I don't think she will kill him off. The effect would be too traumatic.

I think it makes a LOT of sense to say Harry can't die because the afterlife hasn't been explored enough for it to be less traumatic. However, as several people a couple posts above me pointed out, there's plenty room for that in the next book. :D


Quote:

(From Lord_Kaine)I just cannot see Harry stepping back once more while someone else dies because they're with or saves him. That's what he want to avoid more than anything, which is why he tries to keep Ginny out of it, and why he tried to keep Ron and Hermione out of it.

This is a strong point which is one of the main reasons I'm in the "Harry will die" camp. I really just don't see him sitting back and watching someone else die. I firmly believe he's going to be the one to step up and, for lack of a better phrase, be a man. I feel very strongly that he's going to take this responsibility on for himself and see where it takes him. In my feeble, somewhat morbidly sentimental opinion, I think this will take him to an ending where he dies... :upset:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fryonator (Post 4589327)
I'm not saying that Harry will die but I am sure that if JK had him dying when she first wrote the story then she won't change anything. She has loads of money and if a publishing company wouldn't accept her work she would have just changed publishers with the snap of her fingers. She is the dominant one in the relationship with the publisher.

I also agree with you totally here, as well. I think at this point in the series...all Bloomsbury is really going to do is go, "Oh...Wow, Jo...are you...sure you don't want to rethink that?" They know for a fact that if JK takes her FINAL Potter book somewhere else, they're going to lose out on the MILLIONS of dollars being made worldwide. Not to mention...all the presales? For crying out loud, I think by now Bloomsbury's probably sitting back going, "Kill him, we don't care--we're still making money off of it!"
(sorry, that was a little harsh, but...hey, it could happen, right?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneinhufflepuff (Post 4589665)
One thing I've noticed that JKR tends to do stylistically is show us the darker, or at least more obnoxious and flawed, side of her characters before they die. It sounds strange but when you think about it, for the vast majority of OotP Sirius was quite annoyingly rash and foolhardy, I wanted to smack him several times for risking so much out of boredom! And Dumbledore was never more annoying than right before he died, after snapping at Harry over Draco and Snape, and even the prophecy a little bit. I think she does this in a way in order to make the deaths more poignant, as someone put it in a different thread "so that we think, "wow I wish this guy would just shut up and get lost" and then we feel guilty and sad when, several pages later, he actually does."

It's funny you say that--I actually, fleetingly (mind you), had that thought when Harry first rushed into Dumbledore's office after discovering Snape's betrayal. It just seemed so odd and unique in that moment that Dumbledore would just be so PIGHEADED about someone that neither Harry, nor the adoring-Harry reader, trusts or likes. I LOVE Dumbledore, and I was very sad to see him go, but I think you're right about this particular trait standing out before deaths in the past. Remember Cedric? Harry and Cedric both were like "I'm not taking the cup, man, you take it"--"No, you got here first, it's yours"--"Shut up, I'm not taking it!"


Overall...I think the signs point to Harry's death, and as much as I hate to say it, I'm almost positive he'll die.

On the note that these are children's books, I don't think Jo will hesitate to introduce the death of a main character. Especially after reading this interview: Stephen Fry Interview With JK Rowling

Quote:

"SF: But I do think it is one of the advances in children's literature that you have made with this remarkable series, is that you have not held back from the difficult and the frightening and the treacherous and the unjust and all the things that most exercise children's minds.

JKR: I feel very strongly that there is a move to sanitize literature because we're trying to protect children not from, necessarily, from the grisly facts of life, but from their own imaginations.

I remember being in America a few years ago and Halloween was approaching, and three television programmes in a row were talking about how to explain to children it wasn't real. Now there's a reason why we create these stories, and we have always created these stories, and the reason why we have had these pagan festivals, and the reason why even the church allows a certain amount of fear... we need to feel fear, and we need to confront that in an controlled environment. That's a very important part of growing up, I think. And the child that has been protected from the dementors in fiction, I would argue, is much more likely to fall prey to them later in life in reality.

And also, what are we saying to children who do have scary and disturbing thoughts? We're saying that's wrong, that's not natural, and it's not something that's intrinsic to the human condition. That they're in some way odd or ill.

SF: Exactly.

JKR: That's a very dangerous thing to tell a child.

SF: And guilt is the greatest trigger for aggression that man has. And if people grow up thinking they're peculiar for having dark thoughts or being aware of the weirder side of the world and their lives, then that's going to make them awful human beings, isn't it?

JKR: [quietly] I totally agree.

SF: One of the jobs of writing, in a sense, is to show you that you're not alone.

JKR: Yes, yes, it is, and certainly, I discovered I wasn't alone through books, I think, arguably more than I did through friendships in my early days, 'cause I was quite an introverted child, and it was through reading that I realized I wasn't alone on all sorts of levels."

BBenton357 June 26th, 2007 12:29 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Two thoughts.....

Just my humble hypothesis here, but in the very first chapter in the Harry Potter story was "The Boy Who Lived". Wouldn't that make a great last chapter as well? I love the theory, but am afraid that would be too obvious for anyone that thumbed through the chapters.

Secondly, I think it will be a he dies and then lives ending. I think the scar is in fact a horcrux, and that Harry dies intentionally for love (protecting Ginny for example.) The death kills the Horcrux and Harry lives without the lightning bolt scar. I am not as well versed on all the details as other memebers of this site. However, I am rereading the boks now in preparation for Deathly Hallows. In Chamber of Secrets, Dumbledore tells Harry "Unless I'm mistaken, he transferred some of his own powers to you the night he gave you that scar." So, I think Voldemort will kill Harry, think he has won, and in fact do just the thing that allows Harry to live.

MLynas June 26th, 2007 12:54 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I really don't even know what I want part of me really wants Harry to die the other doesn't Im confident whatever the outcome it'll be the right one for the story.

However I don't see JKR exploring afterlife to much she isn't going to hshow us Harry in heaven with his Mum and Dad and Dumbledore and Sirius and Cedric, it's not gona be like them standing waving to Ron like the end of Return of the Jedi.

I don't think JKR wants to impart on us her beliefs on the afterlife to much. I think she wants us to accept death and to respect it but not to fear it. She can;t go saying because in the afterlife there an all you can eat buffet with no cue!

Besides imagine if she put some sort of Wizard/Muggle heaven in Laura Malorie would be in court before 10am book release day

bj_gibson June 26th, 2007 2:40 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I think Harry will die in Deathly Hallows. However, I don't think he will die at the hands of "Tom Riddle Jr." or any of his followers. I think Harry will defeat Tom Riddle Jr. in a final battle. I expect Harry to die in the epilogue part where J.K.Rowling is telling us what becomes of the characters. I think Harry will defeat Tom Riddle Jr., get married to someone (I don't quite like the shipping theories, so I will leave it you's to decide!), have children, and do many more extraordinary things, then die at an ripe old age! Perhaps 150 years old ? Like Professor Dumbledore (R.I.P), or maybe even longer!?

I'm very excited about this book! 24 days left 'till we find out everything!

Flobbergusterbo June 26th, 2007 3:31 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
no way! harry wont die. i dont want him to anyway. :upset:
he is the main character!

ThatGrangerGirl June 26th, 2007 5:49 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I'm a bit torn to be honest. I hope Harry doesn't die but I am leaning into the fact that he just might. It would be tragic and sad but I think it would end the books just as well as keeping him alive.

I'm just praying that Harry makes it out but I still have that fear that he and Voldermort must both die.

20ofdecember June 26th, 2007 11:39 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
I think Harry can't die, JK just wouldn't do that- its against the theme of the books.

I have two theories about the ending though. Rowling always ends each plot with a bang, something we've never really thought of, but something still satisfying. Of course she will end the series with the biggest band yet. I think it will be something we've not really guessed- a surprise really. If Harry finished voldemort and lives, then it really wont resonate as well as if Harry dies-- but Harry dying just doesn't satisfy too much either. I have 2 theories that I think would be a definite end to the series, but nothing that we really foresaw:

1. Harry will not die per se, but he will not return to the land of the living. He cannot kill voldemort with his wand because Voldemort's wand cancel's his out (priori incantum)-- so he will have to travel beyond the mysterious veil to finish off his nemesis. He will finally be reunited with Sirius (his death did seem a bit odd, didn't it?) and maybe possibly his mom and dad-- and even Dumbledore. But there's just one thing. Those who go through the veil cannot return to the land of the living. Thus, Harry will be eternally seperated from his best friends, but live forever with his family at last.

2. This is not really my theory, but i think it fits very nicely. We know so far that its been hinted that Harry's scar is a horcrux. Just look at Harry's "mysterious" connection to Voldemort, how he seems to have an inside view of his mind. And look at how Dumbledore suggested that Nagini-- a living thing-- could be a horcrux. Usually, people jump to the conclusion that if Harry is a horcrux, he must die to kill Voldemort. But I say Au Contraire. Mr. Severus Snape, our expert ex-potionsmaster and ex-DADA professor, knows how to remove and destroy the Horcrux on harry-- without killing him. But like all things Potter- there's a catch. Harry must lose his magical abilities along with the horcrux. He will become a squib in order to make Voldemort mortal once again.

wisdomheaven June 26th, 2007 11:56 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
^How would either of those be satisfying ends to the story?If Harry loses his power to that would be worst then death.IF he is stuck in between the land of the living and the land of the dead that is still WORSE then death.:no: Interesting theories but i just hope they don't come to pass.That would ruin the series for a lot of people and plus its kinda cliche.:)

thegr8sara June 27th, 2007 12:10 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
You don't set up "the boy who lived" for seven books only to have him end up as "The man who died".

All this hogwash about Harry finally getting to 'be with' his family is over romanticized drivel. If he has to die to be with them, then he WILL be with them...eventually.

Harry will be willing to die. He will come VERY close to dying, heck, he may even cross through that mysterious veil on the archway--but in the end he will live so that generations of readers for years to come will be able to think, dream & wonder about just what kind of man the 'boy who lived' became.

wisdomheaven June 27th, 2007 12:27 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thegr8sara (Post 4591509)
You don't set up "the boy who lived" for seven books only to have him end up as "The man who died".

All this hogwash about Harry finally getting to 'be with' his family is over romanticized drivel. If he has to die to be with them, then he WILL be with them...eventually.

Harry will be willing to die. He will come VERY close to dying, heck, he may even cross through that mysterious veil on the archway--but in the end he will live so that generations of readers for years to come will be able to think, dream & wonder about just what kind of man the 'boy who lived' became.

Totally agree with you! However, i would rather Harry die then hime lose his powers.Either way, i think Jk will make whatever happens reasonable and good.She has never failed us fans yet!

oneinhufflepuff June 27th, 2007 1:44 am

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

You don't set up "the boy who lived" for seven books only to have him end up as "The man who died".
Totally agree and excellent point.

Quote:

This is not really my theory, but i think it fits very nicely. Harry must lose his magical abilities along with the horcrux. He will become a squib in order to make Voldemort mortal once again.
I have to admit I love this theory. It would be very sad, but I'm convinced the ending will be very sad as the US editor and Mary GrandPre said the book was emotional and hard to read. This theory is tied for my favorite with the "Harry goes through the veil and comes back" theory. In fact I would pretty much love it if they were combined...Harry is a horcrux and falls through the veil to rid himself of his scar, killing Voldy at the same moment, and gets to come back out somehow, maybe through the locked room of love. Very dramatic.

The losing his powers theory is just so thematically perfect for a children's book...at the end, the children grow up, the magic stops, and real adult life begins. It would end just how it started. Yes, I would cry and cry but I still prefer it to Harry flat out dying as it's a much more complicated ending that really tugs the heartstrings! :p

The one thing that makes me wonder if this theory could be wrong is that JKR said her religion gives away much about DH. Well, duh, Christianity involves death and ressurection. But she has also said death is final and it might feel cheap if Harry can come back when no one else can. I don't know what to think!

ThePythia June 27th, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taylor_Elise (Post 4590169)
On the note that these are children's books, I don't think Jo will hesitate to introduce the death of a main character. Especially after reading this interview: Stephen Fry Interview With JK Rowling

Actually, it's JKR's interviews and quotes which make me believe Harry will survive. Let's examine her statements regarding Harry's death.

If I’m not mistaken, the whole debate about Harry’s survival was triggered by JKR herself, when she said this:

Quote:

"I always planned seven [Potter books], I never said I would do another one, but at the moment there will be just the seven. I've got it planned, and Harry dies obviously...But that's just a joke -- or is it?"
Okay, so she says she cried a lot after killing Sirius off and all along, as she developed his character, she was in denial about his death. And here’s the main character of the book, who is one of her favourite characters. And she’s joking about his death? She has never joked about Sirius’s death, nor Dumbledore's. Then in an interview with Jeremy Paxman in 2003, she does it again:

Quote:

Paxman: Why stop when they grow up? Might be interesting to know what becomes of Harry as an adult.
JKR: How do you know he'll still be alive?
Paxman: Oh. At the end of book 7?
JKR: It would be one way to kill off the merchandising.
Paxman: That really would be killing the Golden Goose wouldn't it?
JKR: Yeah, well. I'm supposed to be richer than the Queen. What do I care?
“What do I care?” she says. What wouldn’t she care? She loves Harry, doesn’t she? Note how casual and nonchalant her tone is, so different from this:

Quote:

More people are going to die. And...they...well, there's at least one death that I'm ... that ... that is going to be horri...horrible to write. To rewrite, actually, because it's already written. But -- It has to be!
Here she’s talking about an actual death (could be Sirius or Dumbledore), and she seems miserable talking about it. And then she expects us to believe that she could joke about Harry’s death?

She’s always very careful about answering questions about Harry’s survival. But sometimes she slips up. In the World Book Day chat 2004, someone asked her:

Quote:

Will Harry become Headmaster of Hogwarts?
JK Rowling replies: I'm not sure I can see Harry in an academic career, he's seen so much action!
So she does see Harry in a career after school, if not an academic one. Also:

Quote:

Are you going to write books about Harry after school?
JK Rowling replies: Probably not, but I'll never say never because every time I do I immediately break the vow!
She could have answered these with her usual “how can you be sure Harry will survive,” but she slipped up.

I think JKR's quotes are closest to what we can call evidence regarding Harry's survival since the books are not very clear on that and their interpretation can go either way. And going by JKR's quotes, I believe Harry will survive.

sweets7 June 27th, 2007 5:50 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePythia (Post 4592756)
“What do I care?” she says. What wouldn’t she care? She loves Harry, doesn’t she? Note how casual and nonchalant her tone is, so different from this:


Here she’s talking about an actual death (could be Sirius or Dumbledore), and she seems miserable talking about it. And then she expects us to believe that she could joke about Harry’s death?

She has always been sarcastic and ironic; all she really meant was that she was not going to let the 'bad for business' line prevent her from doing what she wanted.

That interview with the BBC, Harry and me (remember watching it about 6 years ago) was her real opinion on matters (about the big death). Who she was talking about we just do not know. To some writers (not all) their characters appear real to them, killing them would seem like an awful burden of responsibility.

I am sure JKR will do the series justice. This whole ‘she won't kill Harry because it would be bad for business’ is in my view, ridiculous and crazy, and would demean the series, which is a work of literature. She should just do her story justice and forget about the rest.

ThePythia June 27th, 2007 6:08 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweets7 (Post 4592841)
She has always been sarcastic and ironic; all she really meant was that she was not going to let the 'bad for business' line prevent her from doing what she wanted.

It's not just that particular quote. She has always been casual and nonchalant when she's talking about Harry's death which is very different from how she talks about the death of a character in the BBC interview.

Plus, she's the one who brings in the topic of "merchandising" (again in a tongue-in-cheek manner). Note that Paxman simply asks her if Harry's going to survive.

Quote:

I am sure JKR will do the series justice. This whole ‘she won't kill Harry because it would be bad for business’ is in my view, ridiculous and crazy, and would demean the series, which is a work of literature. She should just do her story justice and forget about the rest.
I agree. I don't think she'll let the views of the fandom affect what she originally planned for the series.

sweets7 June 27th, 2007 7:54 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePythia (Post 4592888)
It's not just that particular quote. She has always been casual and nonchalant when she's talking about Harry's death which is very different from how she talks about the death of a character in the BBC interview.

Plus, she's the one who brings in the topic of "merchandising" (again in a tongue-in-cheek manner). Note that Paxman simply asks her if Harry's going to survive.

To be honest I think the whole merchandising think irritates her slightly, that is probably why she kept mentioning it, in that interview.

About her being nonchalant, well yeah she has been. I really do not pay attention when she talks about the possible deaths (or otherwise) of characters. She is very clever and has given quotes that could indicate either Harry's death or Harry's survival.

She did the same with Hogwarts; she always said the books were about Harry's 7 years at Hogwarts. Chances are though, Harry will not be returning for school in the last book. She had to say he was because if she did not, it would give Dumbledore's death away. Harry would never leave while he was alive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scothoser (Post 4588603)
So, why do I think that Harry will win out in the end and survive? The after life hasn't been clearly defined, though it has been discussed. Unless she spends a lot of time in this last book outlining the effects of the afterlife, or finds a way to make it less scary for children, I don't think she will kill him off. The effect would be too traumatic.

This interests me; why do you think his death would traumatise young children? I was much younger then most people are when they read Harry Potter, when I understood what death meant and what happened to you when you die. In fact I was only around five. Of course at that age I was taught a christian perspective (and believed it); the after life, angels, the immortality of the soul and all that. JKR books tend to take this view of death and the after life; as in there is a life after death and the physical death of someone is not the end for the soul. Death and particularily the acceptance of death, has been outlined by JKR, as a positive thing. Voldemort very name and character indicates what an immense fear of death can do.

She has outlined death, in my view, well enough, and has painted a Christian view of it. I do not think this would be traumatising for children. She is not telling a story, where the belief is that when you die, you die, and that is it.

CS Lewis & Tolkien never gave attention or time to the impact of death. The plot centred on the great and heroic acts that the living can do, and how to fight for the side of good was noble and brave. Rowling has particularly created characters that are heroic and good, because they consider the fight for right, something that is worth dying for. I never for one moment thought that Frodo or the Pevensie's would die, with Harry, it is possible

nano June 27th, 2007 9:15 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
One thing that tells me we definitely ARE going to leran more about the afterlife, is that she has already said, we will learn more about becoming a ghost

Quote:

Originally Posted by http://www.accio-quote.org/articles/2000/0200-scholastic-chat.htm
What makes some witches/wizards become ghosts after they die and some not?
A. You don't really find that out until Book VII, but I can say that the happiest people do not become ghosts. As you might guess, Moaning Myrtle!

That makes me think there might just be a chance we will get a glimpse of Harry in the afterlife ...

nano

sweets7 June 27th, 2007 9:19 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nano (Post 4593443)
One thing that tells me we definitely ARE going to leran more about the afterlife, is that she has already said, we will learn more about becoming a ghost


That makes me think there might just be a chance we will get a glimpse of Harry in the afterlife ...

nano

Nearly Headless Nick tells Harry in OOTP that to become a ghost and reject the after life is ultimately cowardly. I think we will learn more about this.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 5:33 pm.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Original content is Copyright © MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright © its respective owners.