Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Divination Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5 (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=101059)

ToriPains102 February 13th, 2007 7:17 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5

I don't think they will because if he does, then he shouldn't be called 'The Boy Who Lived'

wobbleshanks February 13th, 2007 8:54 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToriPains102 (Post 4347323)
I don't think they will because if he does, then he shouldn't be called 'The Boy Who Lived'

He's not called 'The Boy Who Lived to the ripe old age of ______'. My understanding is that he is called 'The Boy.......' because he was the one and only to survive an Avada Cadavar (sorry if I messed up the spelling) curse.

BurrowGhoul February 13th, 2007 9:03 pm

I will cry like a baby if Harry dies.

If JKR does it well, which I can only assume she will, I will be understanding of the need, and respect the decision, but it will break my heart.

hedwighp February 13th, 2007 10:31 pm

unfortunatly i think harry will be killed in the 7th book i kno i kno it makes me upset to say it but i think its true if jkr let harry live someone could pick up the series seven years after she dies

pumpkinheadRon February 13th, 2007 10:46 pm

I hope she doesn't kill Harry off just to stop someone from picking up the series (Besides, no other writer could write Harry Potter books better than Jo). If she does kill Harry off, I hope it's for a good reason and I hope Ginny goes with him so she doesn't live a miserable life without Harry.:sigh:

lillink February 13th, 2007 10:46 pm

I'm starting to think that maybe Harry will die. The first time that Voldemort was 'killed' Lily had sacrificed her life for Harry, giving Harry the gift (or curse) of love. Voldemort didn't die however because he had his horcruxes. However, let's say that all the Horcruxes are destroyed by the end of the 7th book. Harry could sacrifice his life for his friends, giving his friends the gift of love. Then if Voldemort tries to kill one of Harry's friends, the spell would rebound and kill Voldemort.

Hopefully I understand the logistics of Voldemort's first demise right, or else my whole theory is wrong.

Lord_Kaine February 14th, 2007 12:12 am

I too, hope Harry will sacrifice himself for his friends. Although I don't know if this will automatically give them the protection, or if there is some ancient spell involved. And if it does work, will Voldemort expect it this time, and apparate out of the way?

If he has used the spell on someone under "protection", would it mean that that protection has worn off, or does he have to die first?

hedwighp February 14th, 2007 3:51 am

i too hope if harry has to die at all then he will die with ginny and he will pass on the protection of love thing to his friends and it saves them for 17 yerars

cincyhermione February 14th, 2007 3:36 pm

Admittedly, I'm a softie on this one. I don't want Harry to die.:no: It seems like he's worked so hard to finally establish himself in his true home--the wizarding world--and he has the possibility of real family-the Weasleys and Ginny. However, I am prepared for JK to once again shock us all. Does anyone think it's possible that Harry could come back as a ghost if he dies?

DogStar777 February 14th, 2007 3:59 pm

I do hope Harry doesn't die:no: , but the series would have an awsome ending if, on the brink of death, Harry casts the Killing Curse at Voldemort, ridding the world of evil once and for all.

wobbleshanks February 14th, 2007 7:55 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord_Kaine (Post 4347774)
I too, hope Harry will sacrifice himself for his friends. Although I don't know if this will automatically give them the protection, or if there is some ancient spell involved. And if it does work, will Voldemort expect it this time, and apparate out of the way?

If he has used the spell on someone under "protection", would it mean that that protection has worn off, or does he have to die first?

Those are excellent points/questions. I'm leaning towards that JKR won't allow Voldey to make the same mistake twice. At least I hope not. I'm hoping that she's going to do some kind of cool, catch us all off our guard, twist to that whole ancient-magic-die-for-the-one-you-love-proctection-spell. The trio will need the help of someone well versed in the dark arts and ancient magic. This may be where Snape comes into play. Or maybe Dumbledore's portrait(s). But I'm leaning towards Snape. Maybe Harry will orchestrate the final battle between himself and Voldey to occur in Dumbledore's office and his mentor can shout advice to him from his portrait like, "Duck Harry!" :lol:

GryffindorsRule February 15th, 2007 8:01 am

Quote:

Maybe Harry will orchestrate the final battle between himself and Voldey to occur in Dumbledore's office and his mentor can shout advice to him from his portrait like, "Duck Harry!"
That would be one of the best endings ever...

Well I am a bit of an optimist, so I truly hope that Harry survives so he can lead the magical world into a brighter future, but if he has to die for literary reasons, then I truly hope JKR does it well like she has the whole series. The death of Harry would shock me and devastate me, but if she does it well then I can admire it as well.

maluta February 15th, 2007 11:56 am

I really hope that JKR does not kill Harry in the final book. If she does she would be making the same mistake that Arthur Conan Doyle did when he killed his hero (Sherlock Holmes) and then had to bring him back because the readers were asking him to.

BurrowGhoul February 15th, 2007 3:09 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by maluta (Post 4350185)
I really hope that JKR does not kill Harry in the final book. If she does she would be making the same mistake that Arthur Conan Doyle did when he killed his hero (Sherlock Holmes) and then had to bring him back because the readers were asking him to.

I would be shocked beyond measure if JKR did that. She seems to plan her writing very deliberately, and when she says she's done with Harry Potter, I believe her.

tara_black February 15th, 2007 3:43 pm

Harry's going to dieeeeeeee. He's doomed! He's the Horcrux, he has to die.

YamisChan February 15th, 2007 4:48 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tara_black (Post 4350391)
Harry's going to dieeeeeeee. He's doomed! He's the Horcrux, he has to die.

*nod nod* my thoughts exactly

mactabard_25 February 15th, 2007 7:15 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincyhermione (Post 4348577)
Admittedly, I'm a softie on this one. I don't want Harry to die.:no: It seems like he's worked so hard to finally establish himself in his true home--the wizarding world--and he has the possibility of real family-the Weasleys and Ginny. However, I am prepared for JK to once again shock us all. Does anyone think it's possible that Harry could come back as a ghost if he dies?

I dont think he will. If he dies (which I'm in the Die Harry Die Camp) I think he will move on because at that point he will be able to be with his mother and father again. Not to mention DD, Sirius, and anyone else that may have died during the DH.

Daelin February 15th, 2007 7:20 pm

No death for Harry.

magicalmysteryg February 15th, 2007 8:41 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by maluta (Post 4350185)

unlike conan doyle, JKR really likes harry, and she'd be sad to kill him. Doyle disliked sherlock holmes, and wanted to kill him .

Daelin February 15th, 2007 8:54 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicalmysteryg (Post 4350832)
unlike conan doyle, JKR really likes harry, and she'd be sad to kill him. Doyle disliked sherlock holmes, and wanted to kill him .

... and if Rowling is really worried about someone else doing Potter stories, killing off Sherlock did not prevent "Young Sherlock Holmes", and live or die, there will be a flood of fan-fic stories.

And now, a snip from a book Rowling herself suggested, "Harry Potter and the Mid-Life Crisis":

Quote:

Harry stopped to taste the lukewarm coffee, and grimaced.

"Tell me Neville", he asked his Floor Manager, "after we defeated the Dark Lord and all, why did we end up working for Delores Umbridge?"

Neville shuddered.

"Don't say that name out loud, Harry" he warned. "The Dark Boss has minions everywhere in Human Resources, her so-called Paycheck Eaters.

"And don't forget what happened to poor Ron ..."

Both men shuddered, thinking of poor Ron Weasley, condemned to life among the offal-throwing baboons in Customer Service.
:hmm: