Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Divination Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5 (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=101059)

BurrowGhoul February 20th, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkstaff07 (Post 4358560)
Yeah, I agree w/ Nikki. Why would Rowling call book7 her favorite if she was going to kill the main character. That would make no sense. And anyway who would kill Voldemort if Harry was dead (except for maybe Neville.)?

Perhaps, in order to kill Voldemort, Harry must also die. And perhaps it is JKR's favorite book because Harry's death is as it should be.

LilySkywalker February 20th, 2007 8:46 pm

I really don't think after all Harry has been through that JKR will top it off with his death.
P.S. I am going to have to put a rubber band around the back of the book so I don't look.

BurrowGhoul February 20th, 2007 9:42 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilySkywalker (Post 4358624)
I really don't think after all Harry has been through that JKR will top it off with his death.
P.S. I am going to have to put a rubber band around the back of the book so I don't look.

I know what you mean! Another thread was talking about "I Trust Snape" t-shirts, and, while I believe Snape is good, I don't know if I'd want to buy the t-shirt, just in case I'm wrong.

I don't think Harry will die, but I'm not buying the t-shirt. ;)

anabel February 20th, 2007 10:24 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurrowGhoul (Post 4358689)
I know what you mean! Another thread was talking about "I Trust Snape" t-shirts, and, while I believe Snape is good, I don't know if I'd want to buy the t-shirt, just in case I'm wrong.

Buy it anyway! If Snape is good, you can prove you were right all along, and if he's bad, those T-shirts will be collectors' items! ;)

I would buy a "The Boy Who Lived" T-shirt. We know he lived - it says so in the first chapter of PS! :D

LunanNeville February 20th, 2007 11:09 pm

Harry's gonna die...:(

Nagini11 February 21st, 2007 12:15 am

I guess... But still if Harry kills Voldemort (he probly will) wont death eaters and voldemorts minions not rest until he dies???

anabel February 21st, 2007 12:20 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagini11 (Post 4358907)
I guess... But still if Harry kills Voldemort (he probly will) wont death eaters and voldemorts minions not rest until he dies???

No - they'll be defeated, rounded up, and put in Azkaban, or just slink away quietly and get menial jobs in the Muggle Liaison Office!

ChezaYumiUsagi February 21st, 2007 3:22 am

Personally, I want and possibly think that both Harry and Voldemort will die because this will:

1.Stop other writers from continuing the HP series.
2.Provide a good ending.

sparkly February 21st, 2007 4:25 am

Something that Remus said in POA has always indicated to me that Harry will live:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter Fourteen, Snape's Grudge

“We've met,” he said shortly. He was looking at Harry more seriously than ever before.

“Don't expect me to cover up for you again, Harry. I cannot make you take Sirius Black seriously. But I would have thought that what you have heard when the dementors draw near you would have had more of an effect on you. Your parents gave their lives to keep you alive, Harry. A poor way to repay them–gambling their sacrifice for a bag of magic tricks.”

Bold mine. Harry's parents died so that Harry could live. I don't think JKR would then turn around and kill Harry. Harry's death would diminish the sacrifice that his parents made and I can't see JKR doing that after their sacrifice is such an important part of the first six books.

hbprincess_01 February 23rd, 2007 12:18 pm

yes yes! harry will die! i have a theory.

theory:
harry will die sving ginny. voldie, looks for the last time at harry's eyes, and is reminded of lily, and what she had done to save her son. this is his last chance for redemption, but he still chooses to kill harry. so he finally kills harry. harry dies, leaving ginny with a protection similar to what lily left for harry. then voldie turns to kill ginny and then his wand backfires.

i think it is rather interesting since it mirrors harry's strenght and voldie's weakness - love. cnat imagine harry killing (even voldie), but can imagine him loving. perhaps that is why dumbledore did not even teach harry the killing curse in the first place. knew he wouldnt stand a chance. but if harry uses love, then he would stand a tough chance against voldie. cant imagine voldie loving, but can easily imagine him killing.

however, i realized there was a flaw in my theory.
1. you need to be a blood relative so that you can give protection
2. voldie should never have intended to kill harry in the first place

i think voldie will become aware that harry is the sixth horcrux. maybe also, there will be a prophecy that if voldie wins harry over, he will become more powerful than ever. but if voldie does not win him over, he will be defeated.

so voldie will not want to kill harry, and he will try to win him over. but harry does not want, and refuses to hand over the one whom he is trying to protect (whom i first thought was ginny, but if you had to be blood relatives, perhaps, dudley or petunia? maybe they will patch up in the 7th book). and so voldie gets mad and kills harry, forgetting that he destroyed his last horcrux before his body. and harry died protecting the one he loved, because he refused to stand aside. and so he leaves dudley or petunia with a protection. then voldie kills that person, and his wand backfires. poof! dead ball!

so both voldie and harry die. but harry dies a hero. voldie dies, and he cant come back as a ghost because while ghosts have whole souls, voldie has a seventh of a soul.

a_countrypande February 24th, 2007 7:07 am

I don't think Harry will die.I agree that Ginny gives him hope and purpose to live after he has accomplished his mission to kill LV.But its not only Ginny.In fact its ron and hermione who will give him a purpose along with ginny.
I don't htink JKR needs to kill Harry to close the series for other authors.The series and the characters are hers forever.

NORMO February 24th, 2007 12:53 pm

I really hope Harry won't die:td: but I'm 99,999999 % sure that if he does he won't go solo :evil:

Niveus_Leo February 24th, 2007 5:47 pm

I'm not sure if I would like him to die. I mean, that is one way to end the series properly but then...what if JK let him live and twisted the end in some way?

FOREVERPOTTER February 25th, 2007 12:42 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurrowGhoul (Post 4358610)
Perhaps, in order to kill Voldemort, Harry must also die. And perhaps it is JKR's favorite book because Harry's death is as it should be.

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I completely agree with you!!!!

sweet16 February 25th, 2007 12:46 pm

My idea is that harry will sustain an injury that nothing can cure, not even fawkes, but before he dies a hero's death, he will kill voldemort and perhaps some of his followers. Then after everyone knows that it's a victory for the world, he will die in ginny's arms

or something like that!!

xhanax315 February 25th, 2007 5:34 pm

I dont think he'll die. In the words of Trelawney, he'll live to an old age and have lots of children. :)

Arya4ever February 25th, 2007 5:43 pm

That would be really horrible if he died in the last book but there was a quote somewhere from JKR saying how she can understand how some authors kill off the main character in the end of a series so that when they're dead and gone no other author can come and continue the series...but then I've read quite a few time that its been heavily implied that he's not going to die...I really just don't know. I hope he doesn't die!

sweet16 February 25th, 2007 5:57 pm

yeah, i think that we all don't want him to die, but that might be part of a plot twist. He could die after the 'final fight', but he might live on.

magicalmysteryg February 25th, 2007 7:57 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilySkywalker (Post 4358624)

i agree and FANTASTIC IDEA!!!i should do that with my book.

he lives. "the boy who LIVES"!!! perfect foreshadowing, that the first chapter be called that.

dubbleB February 25th, 2007 11:08 pm

of caurse he won't die because that will mean Voldemort will live and Rowling will never allow that to happen
neither can live while the other survives