Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Muggle Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The deleted scenes we've never seen... (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=111884)

ArryGrotter September 9th, 2007 8:49 am

The deleted scenes we've never seen...

You can see a list of found scenes, as at 3rd September 2010 here: http://www.cosforums.com/showthread....62#post5602862
-----

I was watching a BtS on PS/SS the other day and I noticed some scenes had never been seen being shot.

I wonder how many other 'deleted scenes' haven't been on the DVD.

What is in the movie and Deleted Scene is White. What is ONLY in the Movie is Yellow. What is ONLY in the Deleted Scene is Red

Edit: If you are wondering where I found these, they are downloadable here and here, as stated in post 3 and 10.

First is the rather differnt entry into the Dursley's after the snake incident:

Quote:

Vernon: What are you going to say for yourself?
What happened?

Harry: I swear I don’t know how it happened! One minute the glass was there and then it was gone. It was like magic.

Vernon: There’s no such thing as magic.
Next is before the troll's appearance. Maybe they thought the general public wouldn't get the joke.

Quote:

Harry: It’s going into the girl’s bathroom.

Ron: Urgh. Smells like Fred’s socks. Could be worse.

Harry: Come on.

Next I noticed they referenced Peeves. Whenever I here this scene, I think it faintly hears like 'Peeves playing jokes.' Maybe Rupert stuffed up his delivery on a take, and when they decided to remove Peeves, they used that take.

Probably Peeves People playing a joke. jokes.

And then the scene which now links to DH.

Quote:

Dumbledore: I don’t need a cloak to be invisible Harry. Let me give you a clue. The happiest man on earth would look into the mirror and see only himself exactly as he is.
And then:

Quote:

Dumbledore: It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Harry: Can I ask you something Professor?

Dumbledore: Yes.

Harry: What do you see when you look in the mirror.

Dumbledore: I

Sadly, the BtS Part ended there, so I couldn't hear the rest, though I'm positive of what it would have been.

Another scene that ended in the sentence I wanted to here was:

Quote:

Hermione: That’s what’s Fluffy’s guarding on the third floor, that’s what’s under the trapdoor, the Sorcerer’s Stone.

Harry: So Flamel knows someone’s after the Stone, gives it to Dumbledore to keep it safe at Hogwarts...
That really annoyed me.

OK. Where WERE these deleted scenes? I've never seen them before.

I mean we had, what, 9 on the DVD? All we got was 'I want a dragon' and get rid of these letters in the food poccesser.

Honestly, I'd've prefered these.

sxcashtray September 9th, 2007 11:43 am

Re: The OTHER deleted scenes

soooooo how do WE view those scenes? is it possible on our hp dvds?

ArryGrotter September 10th, 2007 7:08 am

NO! it's NOT! I just stumbled upon them in a making of vid @

here and here

sxcashtray September 12th, 2007 1:04 pm

ooooh i get it now
if they ever do them huge box release sets of the movie i hope they include MORE deleted scenes...maybe even bloopers :)

Gytrash September 12th, 2007 9:23 pm

There aren't too many BTS and deleted scenes in PS and COS DVD. where did you see those scenes?

I wonder if there's a deleted scene from PS in which Ron and Hermione are talking, when Harry comes out of the Hospital Wing, i mean to hear what they're saying.

Does anybody remember seeing this scene?
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...etedscene0.jpg
I found it in a DVD magazine, when the dvd first came out. But can't remember if it's ever been seen.

RandomSlytherin September 13th, 2007 12:48 am

The following lines from the POA script would have saved the movie from a lot of purist-hate:

HARRY

But Dumbledore --

PROFESSOR LUPIN

Has already risked enough on my
behalf. Besides, people like me,
well... let's just say I'm used to
this by now. But before I go,
tell me about your Patrons.

HARRY

Well. At first I thought it was a
horse, or perhaps a unicorn, but I
think it was --

PROFESSOR LUPIN

A stag.

HARRY

Yes.

PROFESSOR LUPIN

Your father used to transform into
one. That's how he was able to
keep me company when I became...
sick. He was a great friend
James.

Lupin smiles wanly, lifts his sorry suitcase. Then
stops.

DeathlyH September 13th, 2007 1:00 am

I love watching deleted scenes. Yeah.

harry5678 September 13th, 2007 1:15 am

Can you tell us which bts you saw it on! Was it on the dvd bts or internet bts? If on the internet give me a link. If on dvd tell me how to get there.

RandomSlytherin September 13th, 2007 2:03 am

Those lines are in the script. No one knows if they were shot.

ArryGrotter September 13th, 2007 6:40 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry5678 (Post 4773974)
Can you tell us which bts you saw it on! Was it on the dvd bts or internet bts? If on the internet give me a link. If on dvd tell me how to get there.

I've just edited the post with this info.

here and here are the sites which I downlaod the BtS, and found these scenes being shot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gytrash (Post 4773724)
Does anybody remember seeing this scene?
I found it in a DVD magazine, when the dvd first came out. But can't remember if it's ever been seen.

What scene could that be adapting? Potions? (We can see Ron, so we can rule out the 7 potions riddle.) (Also it seems to light for Potions) But what is that thing in front of Harry?

DarwinMayflower September 13th, 2007 6:55 am

Trophy case from the looks of it.

ArryGrotter September 13th, 2007 7:41 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarwinMayflower (Post 4774298)
Trophy case from the looks of it.

But once again it looks to light to be the Midnight duel?And why would they even shot that scene when they bothered with the moving staircases?

...but...

Didn't the moving staircase scene happen straight after the trophy scene ('I never new your dad was a seeker') which was straight after the courtyard scene...

...but then...

After the fluffy scene, they go to bed, and it's dark outside, even though seconds before, it was bright and sunny, not even sunset.

I suggest cut scenes and cover up

Martok September 13th, 2007 5:32 pm

I think they look at the hourglasses where the house points are displayed. Probably after McGonagall has taken 150 points from the trio.

ArryGrotter September 14th, 2007 6:56 am

I SEE IT NOW!!

Hmm, why didn't we see this scene? (And all the others)

Gytrash September 14th, 2007 10:11 pm

Yes it looks like Harry and Ron are looking at the hourglasses, i've always wondered where this scene would fit, and why they made it but it never got to the movie as many other scenes. :sigh:

RandomSlytherin
Where did you see the POA script?

ArryGrotter September 14th, 2007 10:26 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gytrash (Post 4776252)
RandomSlytherin
Where did you see the POA script?

Sorry, I know Random Slytherin should be answering, but I know where it is.

The PoA script is here. It is a draft, not the final.

The only other script avaible on the net is CoS. It is the possibly the last draft by the look of it.

---

I was looking on another thread and I noticed these:

Picture 1

Picture 2

So, this seems to be a Priori Incantatem Scene that doesn't even make the deleted scenes

And this could have explained things clearer!

Half_Blood26 September 16th, 2007 1:13 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathly721 (Post 4773963)
I love watching deleted scenes. Yeah.

Lol, so do I!

ArryGrotter September 17th, 2007 8:18 am

At Veritaserum, there is a list of unseen deleted scenes for PoA:

Quote:

Jamie Waylett (Crabbe) mentioned in a recent interview that a Dracula/bikini scene had been filmed during the Defense Against the Dark Arts class.

Another scene that we know of that was filmed but not included in the final movie is one in which the trio argues outside. WB released two images (1, 2) from this scene in a Prisoner of Azkaban poster book and on a PoA trading card, but it was not in the final movie. In fact, what happens in the scene is detailed on the back of a trading card:

Ron blames Crookshanks for the disappearance of Scabbers. Harry says he doesn't care about Ron's rat or Hermione's cat. Ron retorts that a person could die being Harry's friend.
I'm starting to get annoyed at how much we aren't shown.

Gytrash September 20th, 2007 5:07 pm

I've been doing some research in my HP stuff and i've found this pic, i know it's not very clear, but the one in it is Ginny in COS movie, and she seems to be in the common room looking down from the balcony between the boys and girls dormitories, i've never been able to know where it fits.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...h/HP/ginny.jpg

If i find any more pics i'll post them.

ArryGrotter September 27th, 2007 8:39 am

So far, here is a list of scenes that which were most likely shot, and which no one has seen...

PS
  • Original entrance to 4 Privet Drive after snake escape
  • Extended scene about troll
  • Peeves
  • Extended Mirror of Erised
  • Extended Flamel discovery
  • The Point Hourglasses scene

CoS
  • Scene with Ginny looking from the balcony in the Gryffindor common room

PoA
  • The Patronus Explanation scene (not sure if filmed)
  • Dracula/bikini scene in DADA (extra boggart?)
  • Scabber’s disappearance scene

GoF
  • Priori Incantatem Explanation scene

freyasd September 29th, 2007 8:19 pm

I have a desk calender with GoF scenes for each day, and it has a scene of Harry by a waterfall, after the graveyard scene, in which he is probably trying to deal with Cedric's death and everything else that happened. That's what it looks like, but this scene wasn't in the movie, obviously. I would sure like to see that scene.
This happened in LotR, also. I saw pictures of a scene with Frodo and Sam looking at something, but it wasn't in the movie, and I thought it would be a scene where they were watching the elves leaving middle earth. Sure enough, it was, and Peter Jackson had it in his extended edition. I wish they would have some extended HP films as well. Although I have seen the films now run on tv with the deleted scenes (the ones on the DVDs) included in their proper places in the films. Too bad commercials are also included.

aliauthor September 29th, 2007 8:39 pm

Great thread. I watched the scenes, and they're really interesting.

Taking out stuff like this seems to disrupt continuity in movies- not Harry Potter specifically, but other movies I've seen.

It's a shame that there's so many shots that don't make it into the movies. The waterfall picture that freyasd was talking about sounds really cool, and I wish I could see the scene.

PeerlessKid September 29th, 2007 9:18 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArryGrotter (Post 4791770)
So far, here is a list of scenes that which were most likely shot, and which no one has seen...

GoF
Priori Incantatem Explanation scene

Why would they want to leave this scene out?
Although when you think about it, for those that don't read Harry Potter would just think and say hmm yhh so that's wizards duel :hmm: but obviously it's very important for them to understand the whole reason behind it.

ArryGrotter September 29th, 2007 10:52 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by freyasd (Post 4794580)
I have a desk calender with GoF scenes for each day, and it has a scene of Harry by a waterfall, after the graveyard scene, in which he is probably trying to deal with Cedric's death and everything else that happened.

I remember a picture of that scene, I search for it, but couldn't find it, so thought it was my imagination.

Going to search better...

Waterfall: http://www.mugglenet.com/gallery/dis...100&fullsize=1

Waterfall 2:http://www.mugglenet.com/gallery/dis...103&fullsize=1

Now:

PS
  • Peeves

CoS

PoA

GoF
  • Waterfall Scene

ArryGrotter October 2nd, 2007 10:05 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArryGrotter (Post 4794779)
Now:

PoA

OK, so I read through the script and this is what it is:

PoA: Scabber's disappearance scene96A EXT. SLOPE - DAY

The trio make their way down the slope.

RON
I find it astonishing that someonewho prides herself on being so logical can be in such denial.

HERMIONE
Harry. Will you explain to your friend Ronald that he has absolutely no proof whatsoever that my sweet, unassuming cat ate his shabby, decidedly decrepit rat.

RON
Harry was there! He'll tell you how it was. Go on, Harry, tell her.

HARRY
No, I won't. Know why? Because I don't care about your stupid rat! I don't care about your stupid cat! I've got few other things on my mind right now!

RON
Really? Wasn't you had to roll under the bed last night to avoid getting cut to ribbons! A person could die being your friend, Harry!

Ron stops, wishes he could take it back. They all wish he could. Avoiding each other's eyes, they turn, continue on.

fire angel October 5th, 2007 4:21 am

Re: The OTHER deleted scenes (Not on the DVD)

I don't know about that above Scabbers scene. It doesn't really sound like something HRH would say. And in a way I'm kind of glad they cut it.
And why does movie Hermione always say 'Ronald'? It annoys me because I can't ever remember book Hermione saying that apart from the 'You complete arse Ronald Weasley' line in DH.

ArryGrotter October 5th, 2007 4:29 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by fire angel (Post 4800389)
I don't know about that above Scabbers scene. It doesn't really sound like something HRH would say. And in a way I'm kind of glad they cut it.
And why does movie Hermione always say 'Ronald'? It annoys me because I can't ever remember book Hermione saying that apart from the 'You complete arse Ronald Weasley' line in DH.

Well read the script, it's there, but I'm glad it was cut too, the second I read it it felt Out of Character

ArryGrotter November 25th, 2007 4:45 am

Now that OotP is out we can add what we haven't seen: The full SWM and Bellatrix vs. Sirius

PS
  • Peeves

CoS

PoA

GoF
  • Waterfall Scene

OotP
  • Snape's Worst Memory
  • Bellatrix vs. Sirius

dumbleISdead November 25th, 2007 5:29 pm

i wonder how much more was shot of the entire DoM sequence

and anyone ealse annoyed that A) they always cut the important explanation scenes and B)proceed NOT to show them on the DVD?

LoonyLuny November 25th, 2007 6:28 pm

Hey nice calander!

I totally agree : we all know that they have to make a fairly short film, but they could put the extra deleted scenes instead of other weird things... the games for example ... :lol:

ArryGrotter November 26th, 2007 10:48 pm

I was going through ehat had been confimed as filmed on the movie 5 page on Mugglenet and found these:

Scene - Confirmed by - Date
Hagrid introduces his fifth year class to Thestrals - Set Report - August 3rd
Ministry of Magic employees attack Professor McGonagall
with Stunning Spells outside Hagrid's hut - Set Report and photos on set - August 3rd

CoeurDeLyon November 28th, 2007 3:56 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumbleISdead (Post 4851010)
i wonder how much more was shot of the entire DoM sequence

and anyone ealse annoyed that A) they always cut the important explanation scenes and B)proceed NOT to show them on the DVD?

How about c) all of the above. It was frustrating to me and I almost wonder how it will come together for people who havent read the books by the time DH comes out in theaters. My boyfriend was constantly asking me, ok so what happened to this person, or why did he do that? I felt like I should just read him the book and then let him see the adaptation.

meesha1971 November 28th, 2007 3:03 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArryGrotter (Post 4852152)
I was going through ehat had been confimed as filmed on the movie 5 page on Mugglenet and found these:

Scene - Confirmed by - Date
Hagrid introduces his fifth year class to Thestrals - Set Report - August 3rd
Ministry of Magic employees attack Professor McGonagall
with Stunning Spells outside Hagrid's hut - Set Report and photos on set - August 3rd

There are also some scenes from the fight at the Ministry of Magic at the end that were cut - extended scenes of the kids running from the Death Eaters and fighting. Those were confirmed to have been filmed by a guy who worked as a stand-in on the movie on the IMdB forums. There were two that stand out - an extended scene with Ron and Hermione where a Death Eater levitated Hermione up and Ron stunned the Death Eater and caught her - and an extended scene with Harry and Ginny around the spot where Ginny used Reducto to blast the shelves. In the extended version, Ginny actually had a line there and said "You're right, it's not like school" and then Harry took her hand and they ran down the aisle. Those don't appear to be in the deleted scenes on the DVD. I was hoping they would be because they sound really good. :(

Maybe they're planning on releasing a box set extended version when all 7 movies are complete? We can hope. :rockon:

lcbaseball22 April 17th, 2008 12:49 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by freyasd (Post 4794580)
I have a desk calender with GoF scenes for each day, and it has a scene of Harry by a waterfall, after the graveyard scene, in which he is probably trying to deal with Cedric's death and everything else that happened. That's what it looks like, but this scene wasn't in the movie, obviously. I would sure like to see that scene.

Huh, yeah this is a very interesting scene, I'd like to see this too: :cool:

iamwood April 17th, 2008 1:18 pm

Yea, I've always wondered where scenes like this were. All Harry had from Cedric's death were some really bad nightmares(which isn't easy), but we never got to see him grieve. I think this would have fit so well in GoF. Especially after how well they did the scene in the stadium where Harry returns with Cedric's body. The emotion there was amazing, imo. So I'll bet this waterfall scene would have been touching too.

Just a thought.... But with OoTP and Mark Day as editor, how many amazing deleted scenes do you think there are from that film alone?

lcbaseball22 April 17th, 2008 1:27 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamwood (Post 4994300)
Yea, I've always wondered where scenes like this were. All Harry had from Cedric's death were some really bad nightmares(which isn't easy), but we never got to see him grieve. I think this would have fit so well in GoF. Especially after how well they did the scene in the stadium where Harry returns with Cedric's body. The emotion there was amazing, imo. So I'll bet this waterfall scene would have been touching too.

Just a thought.... But with OoTP and Mark Day as editor, how many amazing deleted scenes do you think there are from that film alone?

Yeah, I agree, I don't know what it is about that scene,

but Harry and Amos Diggery's reaction almost make me tear up everytime I watch it, and I never cry during movies, so that's quite impressive.

About OOTP we know there are these scenes:

- full SWM with Lily
- Sirius vs. Bellatrix duel
- Ministry of Magic employees attack Professor McGonagall with Stunning Spells outside Hagrid's hut
- Hagrid introduces his fifth year class to Thestrals

that's all I can think, I know that there are supposed to be some more scenes from the MoM battle as well.

Yates stated that the original cut was OVER 3 hrs. so Mark Day cut about 45 min.

I bet there are A LOT of scenes we never even heard about or caught a glimpse of in behind the scenes footage

iamwood April 17th, 2008 1:34 pm

Yea, same here. I've never cried during a movie either, but that scene make me feel the loss and despair of death

But wow, 45 minutes of extras? I'll bet the MoM battle was quite impressive in Yates' mind after all. Day just killed it though. But hopefully Mark Day has learned a thing or two for HBP!

One deleted scene from the whole HP scene I want to see, but i'm not sure if Cuaron filmed this... is the Marauders' backstory. Like the whole thing with the young versions of Remus, James, and Sirius explaining the origination of The Shrieking Shack and the real reason why James and Sirius became animagus. I loved that part of PoA so much, and then absolutely nothing in the film :no:

lcbaseball22 April 17th, 2008 1:38 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamwood (Post 4994308)
One deleted scene from the whole HP scene I want to see, but i'm not sure if Cuaron filmed this... is the Marauders' backstory. Like the whole thing with the young versions of Remus, James, and Sirius explaining the origination of The Shrieking Shack and the real reason why James and Sirius became animagus. I loved that part of PoA so much, and then absolutely nothing in the film :no:

Well, we do know that Kloves script included this and it was cut by Cuaron, but I don't believe we know if it was ever filmed.

I'm definitely with you on this one, this is my MOST ANTICIPATED deleted scene for when the release the Extended Edition Box Set after DH!

inkling7 April 17th, 2008 3:29 pm

Well I blame the producers who after all seem to have the final say and I hope they have the sense to do what Peter Jackson did the the Lord of the Rings series and release an extended version box set for everyone to enjoy. It doesn't matter how long each film is when you watch in the comfort of your own home as you can always pause it so you can go to the toilet or get some food and drink if you want to.

ArryGrotter January 28th, 2009 9:18 am

I found something the other day which influenced me to revisit this old thread :p

The other night I was watching a walkthrough for the final level of the GoF game on youtube (cos I really sucked at that part :lol:) and I became really intrigued by how it ended. It showed an alternate ending basically, which included the Waterfall scene.

As part of Cedric's Funeral, Dumbledore says: "With dark and difficult times comes a choice, between what is right and what is easy. Should you ever waver, remember Cedric Diggory, a boy who was kind and brave and true". Note that the first part of this are similar lines to what is said in the scene where Dumbledore visits Harry in the dormitory, but that scene was added after the test screening, so knowing that "Dark and Difficult Times Lie Ahead" was a tag line, this might have been its original place in the film.

Then it shows the "Waterfall Scene" - but no dialog, sadly.

Then there is a voiceover of another line of Dumbledore's: "No matter how convincingly you tell the story of what happened tonight, few will believe Voldemort has returned. But tell the story you must." I thought this would have been a great line if they kept it, cos it would have helped develop OotP.

So, what are your guy's opinion's on this?

Nokel January 29th, 2009 6:48 pm

I think I heard something like "I'll see that your..." or something like that.

It is very difficult to understand what is being said.

ArryGrotter January 29th, 2009 9:23 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tking (Post 5226590)
^That is a cool line. Definitely a good bridge between GoF and OoTP. Wonder where it would fit in the film's timeline? In Dumbledore's convo with Harry in the dormitory?

Also - I was looking for Bellatrix deleted scenes in OoTP and came across this link

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LDJyvzu02Qw

can anyone tell me what she says to Neville at 0.32? Really difficult to make out :D

It was a great line - I'm guess it was part of the cut Priori Incantaum (sp) scene on the balcony since Dumbledore said "night"

and cool find :cool: I'd heard about the fight, but hadn't seen it (or at least in a while :lol:) I can't quite hear what she says - except "Boo" :lol:

lcbaseball22 January 29th, 2009 9:49 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tking (Post 5226590)
^That is a cool line. Definitely a good bridge between GoF and OoTP. Wonder where it would fit in the film's timeline? In Dumbledore's convo with Harry in the dormitory?

Also - I was looking for Bellatrix deleted scenes in OoTP and came across this link

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LDJyvzu02Qw

can anyone tell me what she says to Neville at 0.32? Really difficult to make out :D

You can hear it clearly in this one- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQYF2KkGYBk (at about the 5:35 mark)

She says, "Boo! Guess who? Fancy a little Crucio?" :p

And WOW, there is a lot of lines/scenes I've never heard/seen in that video! :wow: Especially all that extra Sirius dialogue :cool:

Well Yates did say he shot a 3 hr film originally...hopefully we get to see this footage someday :tu:

BTW, that is part 2...here is part 1 for those that are interested- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQYF2KkGYBk

L1keAstaRRxx January 29th, 2009 10:12 pm

i think they should just put all of the parts in the movies.
they were so much better when they're long & detailed.

Lilleby May 10th, 2009 4:17 pm

This is a really cool thread. So has anyone find more filmed or scripted scenes? I think it's a good idea to list it all so we now what might come(x

I know that Sally Mortemore played Irma Pince in CoS, but her line was cut. If you look closely in the great hall scene you'll see her:
http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsM/46067-25820.gif

Jack5555 May 11th, 2009 3:11 pm

I love all of these scenes! I really do hope that they will eventually release all these. It would not be too hard to edit. But alas, they probably wont.

Lilleby May 18th, 2009 9:13 pm

Emma Thompson on PA: "I have a nervous breakdown in the film and in one scene I get to stand at the top of the stairs waving an empty sherry bottle which is, of course, a typical scene from my daily life, so isn't much of a stretch."

Oh, how I would like to see this/these scene(s)! (:

LordScorpto May 21st, 2009 2:08 am

nilgaism! ftw

Lilleby May 22nd, 2009 1:38 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/4415454.stm

Mike Newell on GoF DVD: "I've done a director's commentary, of course."

... what?

ArryGrotter May 22nd, 2009 11:09 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilleby (Post 5309066)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/4415454.stm

Mike Newell on GoF DVD: "I've done a director's commentary, of course."

... what?

Oh, I heard that we'd be getting that and I was so dissapointed when we didn't.

Perhaps they are keeping it for the big boxed (possibly extended) set?

AccioHP May 22nd, 2009 11:52 pm

Just discovered this thread. Very interesting.

I wish we could see these scenes that didn't make it on the DVDs.
Especially the waterfall scen in GoF, and the extended scenes at the ministry.
Like everyone else said, I hope they put out a special box set once the movies are all over

Lilleby May 23rd, 2009 11:10 am

I really think they'll do it! But maybe not with all the deleted scenes...

A picture I took of the hourglasses:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/ha.../Billede_1.png

From this deleted scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4zBG...eature=related

ArryGrotter May 24th, 2009 12:27 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilleby (Post 5309826)
I really think they'll do it! But maybe not with all the deleted scenes...

A picture I took of the hourglasses:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/ha.../Billede_1.png

From this deleted scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4zBG...eature=related

Did you see this picture Gytrash posted on page 1?:

It also shows a completely new shot with the hourglasses...

Lilleby May 24th, 2009 12:38 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArryGrotter (Post 5310096)
Did you see this picture Gytrash posted on page 1?:

It also shows a completely new shot with the hourglasses...

Yes, I saw that(:

hpfan795 May 24th, 2009 3:52 am

Anyone have some cool deleted scenes like from OOTP?

Lady Elven May 24th, 2009 4:16 am

Here's one,

there's a shot of Tonks and moody, it looks like they were shooting or getting ready to shoot, around :17 seconds, there's a shot of dan about :38 seconds but I can't tell whereabouts it would be.

ArryGrotter May 24th, 2009 5:43 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvenprincess (Post 5310181)
Here's one,

there's a shot of Tonks and moody, it looks like they were shooting or getting ready to shoot, around :17 seconds, there's a shot of dan about :38 seconds but I can't tell whereabouts it would be.

Cool video :tu:

Tonks and Moody seem to be guarding the room Sirius goes into at Kings Cross and Harry seems to be in Snape's worst memory.

Notice that video also has the cut Sirius/Bella Battle at 1:14ish..

Lilleby May 24th, 2009 11:36 am

Quote:

Here's one,

That is very cool... thanks(:

hpfan795 May 24th, 2009 1:48 pm

Thanks, I love Sirius's role, the philosphic, tough, cool godfather...

Fury May 24th, 2009 2:26 pm

Quote:

Here's one,

:38 Seconds is Snape's Worst Memory. I can tell by the landscape around it.

Lilleby May 31st, 2009 11:35 am

This is from the official GoF trailer:

... It looks like Defense Against Dark Arts classroom..?

ArryGrotter May 31st, 2009 11:41 am

First I think I should say you might want to put expand tags around that ;)

And yeah, it could be the DADA class. Kinda looks like his looking out the window maybe? :hmm: Perhaps he chucked a spider out there?

Lilleby May 31st, 2009 1:58 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArryGrotter (Post 5316330)
First I think I should say you might want to put expand tags around that ;)

And yeah, it could be the DADA class. Kinda looks like his looking out the window maybe? :hmm: Perhaps he chucked a spider out there?

I feel really stupid not to know how to do that... :whistle:

I think it's a short deleted clip with Mad-Eye inter the classroom..? :)
If you look at 1:25 you'll see it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGLzaVx-hUE

Hes May 31st, 2009 2:06 pm

Here is the tag :)

[expand=title]text/pic[/expand]

Lilleby May 31st, 2009 3:28 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hes (Post 5316383)
Here is the tag :)

Thank you so much(:

dchristen03 July 4th, 2009 12:31 pm

I was wondering why on Earth they cut Lily out from Snape's worst memory! Made me sooooo mad.

lcbaseball22 July 4th, 2009 12:34 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchristen03 (Post 5347506)
I was wondering why on Earth they cut Lily out from Snape's worst memory! Made me sooooo mad.

I'm guessing they might have saved it for DH...who knows. Though they likely didn't know beforehand, hmm. But this same memory is seen in the book, so I presume they will revisit it in the film during the whole "Prince's Tale" sequence and cover it more thoroughly :)

alex89na July 10th, 2009 12:39 am

WoW this topic is awesome! I'am so sad, i wanted these scenes in the movie:drool:
Sorry for my english :lol:

Sportsman280 January 5th, 2010 9:11 am

Hey guys, this thread is quite old but I love it! I've compiled all the deleted scenes I could find not on the dvd. Hopefully they will be on the Ultimate Edition.

Prisoner of Azkaban:

Deleted scene with Harry, Ron, and Hermione not on the dvd:

http://tinyurl.com/yhavpt9

Goblet of Fire:

Moody sticking his head in the classroom:

http://tinyurl.com/ygjydrd

Harry and Hermione in class:

http://tinyurl.com/yk7crpu

Cedric and Cho hanging out pre-Yule ball dance:

http://tinyurl.com/yfju2da

Yule Ball dance practice:

http://tinyurl.com/yl9s59h

Harry and Hermione chatting right before Ron comes in after asking Fleur to the dance.

http://tinyurl.com/yjls45c

Whatever scene this shot of Fleur which was in the trailer was deleted from:

http://tinyurl.com/yhz37wc

Egg open in Harry's room:

http://tinyurl.com/ygf9wd4
http://tinyurl.com/yzzdp78

Harry entering the prefect's bathroom:

http://tinyurl.com/yzzv778
http://tinyurl.com/yfshjxa
http://tinyurl.com/ygs3y9w

Priori Incantatem Explanation:

http://tinyurl.com/ykxbm4x
http://tinyurl.com/yfqz9dk
http://tinyurl.com/yfvdsdl
http://tinyurl.com/yk3bo83

Some of these pictures are huge, to make them small, hold CTRL and scroll down with your mouse.

Waterfall Scene:

http://tinyurl.com/yf5zd6x
http://tinyurl.com/yg24fwk
http://tinyurl.com/yhv7qpf
http://tinyurl.com/yzstfkb
http://tinyurl.com/yhhe7hh
http://tinyurl.com/yzsxkg7
http://tinyurl.com/yhl5uxg
http://tinyurl.com/yh8vpfp
http://tinyurl.com/yho343z

Hermione crying on Harry's shoulder at DD speech on Cedric

http://tinyurl.com/ylc2787

Order of the Phoenix

Once again the pictures are huge, to make them small, hold CTRL and scroll down with your mouse.

Dudley puking after being attacked by the Dementors:

http://tinyurl.com/yzal9n8

Harry in front of the Wizengamot:

http://tinyurl.com/yz499gy

Harry on the stairs:

http://tinyurl.com/yzkozjm

Harry and Hermione in Potions class:

http://tinyurl.com/ygsc3vv
http://tinyurl.com/ygh9xrk

Ron supporting Harry:

http://tinyurl.com/ygostbd

Lucius Malfoy in his Manor:

http://tinyurl.com/yg9e297

Extended Snape's Worst Memory:

http://tinyurl.com/yfctldv
http://tinyurl.com/yjuzyqr

Deleted shot of Harry in the Department of Mysteries:

http://tinyurl.com/ylnrkbj

Deleted shot of the group in the Ministry Atrium staring at something:

http://tinyurl.com/yg96agw

Part in the script of Sirius telling Harry to hide with the others:

http://tinyurl.com/yjlsozb

Sirius dueling by himself:

http://tinyurl.com/yzhxz8s

Sirius injured in extended duel:

http://tinyurl.com/yfcasow

Sirius dueling Bellatrix:

http://tinyurl.com/ylshyrr

Fan vid of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hxkxqsk0x4

Lupin dueling in the Ministry:

http://tinyurl.com/yjfy6wg

Kingsley dueling in the Ministry:

http://tinyurl.com/yg4ak52

Moody in the Ministry:

http://tinyurl.com/yzkgbpv

Lupin looking pensive.

http://tinyurl.com/yjrys4a

Harry looking distressed after Sirius' death, looks to be on Hogwarts' grounds:

http://tinyurl.com/ygzkfnt

McGonagall in a wheelchair after being attacked by Umbridge and the Aurors:

http://tinyurl.com/yln9cz6
http://tinyurl.com/yjvd7pq

Lucius in Azkaban after the battle:

http://tinyurl.com/yktaqx4

Half Blood Prince:

Neville on his bed:

http://tinyurl.com/ygxbatn

Neville and Hermione talking during Slug Club dinner:

http://tinyurl.com/yhbvx4q

Cormac confronting Ron before the Quidditch match:

http://tinyurl.com/yfmvg23

Slughorn and Filch having a discussion:

http://tinyurl.com/ykoqye4

Ginny being disarmed by Greyback:

http://tinyurl.com/ygwxpgx
http://tinyurl.com/yjtkv4z

Dumbledore putting on the Horcrux ring:

http://tinyurl.com/ykfoudj

What's left is on this video I made in July. It includes Slughorn's speech to the Slug Club, Greyback disarming Ginny, Dumbledore putting on the Horcrux ring, cut Dumbledore line calling Harry the Chosen One, a cut Bellatrix line, and Snape's "It's over.":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-AL1SL8KHs

SwedishSkinJer January 5th, 2010 9:15 am

This makes me wonder...will we ever see some of these scenes? It's surprising that many of them aren't on the DVDs, including McGonnagal in the wheelchair and Harry/Dumbledore seemingly talking about the graveyard outside of a tower. Were they just never able to finish these shots in post-production...?

A lot of the lines that appeared in certain trailers weren't in the deleted scenes on the DVD, either.

Sportsman280 January 5th, 2010 9:21 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedishSkinJer (Post 5478048)
This makes me wonder...will we ever see some of these scenes? It's surprising that many of them aren't on the DVDs, including McGonnagal in the wheelchair and Harry/Dumbledore seemingly talking about the graveyard outside of a tower. Were they just never able to finish these shots in post-production...?

A lot of the lines that appeared in certain trailers weren't in the deleted scenes on the DVD, either.

Hopefully we will on the Ultimate Editions. I really, really want to see that Waterfall Scene in Goblet of Fire and a extended battle including Bellatrix vs. Sirius in Order of the Phoenix.

SwedishSkinJer January 5th, 2010 9:24 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsman280 (Post 5478050)
Hopefully we will on the Ultimate Editions. I really, really want to see that Waterfall Scene in Goblet of Fire and a extended battle including Bellatrix vs. Sirius in Order of the Phoenix.

I dunno. I mean, we know that a lot of the scene with Peeves was done in SS, but it's been years. It wasn't even in the Ultimate Edition, leaving me to wonder if we will ever see that waterfall moment and McGonagall in the wheelchair.

Sportsman280 January 5th, 2010 9:32 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedishSkinJer (Post 5478051)
I dunno. I mean, we know that a lot of the scene with Peeves was done in SS, but it's been years. It wasn't even in the Ultimate Edition, leaving me to wonder if we will ever see that waterfall moment and McGonagall in the wheelchair.

Let's look at it though. The deleted scenes in Order of the Phoenix were useless. They have to make extended editions somehow. Let's hope they put all this awesome stuff which has substance in the movie, instead of just those pointless scenes.

jallen January 5th, 2010 11:28 pm

Well, there was a line that Dumbledore said in the Chamber of Secrets extended edition that wasn't in the Deleted Scenes or the movie. So maybe they'll put certain other things like that in for the extended editions of the 3rd (which had mostly unfinished scenes), 4th (I don't have the 2-disk of this one), 5th (which had almost entirely useless additional scenes), and 6th (which had a nice, but still small, share of deleted scenes) films. I think I read somewhere the Order of the Phoenix was supposed to be the longest Harry Potter movie but they cut it down, which would explain much of the lack of a Snape's Worst Memory scene, so maybe they'll get it back to it's original length?

Lilleby January 6th, 2010 12:14 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jallen (Post 5478375)
Well, there was a line that Dumbledore said in the Chamber of Secrets extended edition that wasn't in the Deleted Scenes or the movie. So maybe they'll put certain other things like that in for the extended editions of the 3rd (which had mostly unfinished scenes), 4th (I don't have the 2-disk of this one), 5th (which had almost entirely useless additional scenes), and 6th (which had a nice, but still small, share of deleted scenes) films. I think I read somewhere the Order of the Phoenix was supposed to be the longest Harry Potter movie but they cut it down, which would explain much of the lack of a Snape's Worst Memory scene, so maybe they'll get it back to it's original length?

It was shown in some theaters, however.

I'll try to make a list with all the deleted scenes that we know exist (:

AccioHP January 6th, 2010 2:39 am

They've got to have scenes that arent in the movies and not on the dvd seleted scenes right?

I really hope they add scenes into the next Ultimate editions that haven't been seen yet if they have them.

thefirestorm January 6th, 2010 10:50 am

Quote:

I really hope they add scenes into the next Ultimate editions that haven't been seen yet if they have them.
I'm really hoping that for the PoA, GoF and OotP ultimate editions they add new scenes which arent in the deleted scenes.

With Prisoner of Azkaban, if they want to insert all of the deleted scenes they will need too. Seeing as one of the scenes is the aftermath of Sirius in the dorms.

Jack5555 January 7th, 2010 2:49 am

I just noticed something while watching HBP. When Harry is walking up do Dumbledore's body at the end of the film, you can see in the background that Hagrid is walking up at the same time too. Do you think they filmed the scene after Hagrid's hut was burned and Harry tells Hagrid what happened? You can see what I am talking about in this video at 5:26.

thefirestorm January 7th, 2010 12:57 pm

It isnt much, but while watching the "creating the world of harry potter" on the ultimate editions dvd's, I realised that when Harry and Hagrid are in the pub (PS/SS), and Hagrid tells him about how is parents died, that this isnt the full scene.

In a behind the scenes shoot, you heard Hagrid say something like...
"Who do you think it was that drove you away from your parents that night?"

So I'm guessing Harry asked how Hagrid knew him or something along those lines.
I'm wondering how much this scene was shortened.

Wab January 7th, 2010 1:18 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedishSkinJer (Post 5478051)

The Peeves scenes weren't completed as the CGI wasn't added as far as I know. Plus a lot of scenes which are cut early in the process aren't really worth watching as they are unfinished and of extremely low quality compared to a finished print.

The final thing to bear in mind is that most scenes which are cut from movies are cut for a very good reaso.

ajmrowland January 7th, 2010 8:58 pm

It just occurred to me that these scenes might not have been fully edited when they were deleted.

Though I'd love to see them in raw footage, even.

And the Vernon/Harry alternate take is on the Creating the World of Harry Potter part 1.

Also, If I know anything about selling dvds, they're probably holding out for the super-super ultimate Golden Snitch Awesome Editions.:lol:

Sportsman280 January 8th, 2010 12:28 am

I really feel that the only reason that the Ultimate Editions of the later movies would be delayed past the release of the Deathly Hallows movies is because they want to work on integrating the deleted scenes back into the movies. It's not easy, they must use new music, sometimes new CGI and special effects.

I just really hope we get to see some of those scenes not on the original dvd. I really want to see all of the ones deleted from GOF and OOTP.

Sportsman280 January 11th, 2010 6:03 pm

Found high quality photos of the Priori Incantantem explanation scene.

http://tinyurl.com/yk3bo83 <- This one is slightly different too.

Found a bigger version of the trio hugging too.

CrazyMuggle January 12th, 2010 7:21 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsman280 (Post 5481046)
Found high quality photos of the Priori Incantantem explanation scene.

http://tinyurl.com/yk3bo83 <- This one is slightly different too.

Found a bigger version of the trio hugging too.

I really hope we get to see these scenes in the GOF UE. They could edit the two Harry/Dumbledore conversations (the one on the balcony at night/the morning Common Room) so that they don't repeat the same words/seem redundant. Only when we see the length of the extended cuts will we know if it's more than just the deleted scenes reinserted (especially with POA which is only two minutes).

Sportsman280 January 12th, 2010 7:58 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyMuggle (Post 5481491)
I really hope we get to see these scenes in the GOF UE. They could edit the two Harry/Dumbledore conversations (the one on the balcony at night/the morning Common Room) so that they don't repeat the same words/seem redundant. Only when we see the length of the extended cuts will we know if it's more than just the deleted scenes reinserted (especially with POA which is only two minutes).

I made a youtube video of all those unreleased HP deleted scenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4IyEw1LWoo

Took about 3 hours but I felt it was easier for people to watch a video rather than click a thousand links.

adubbs401 January 12th, 2010 10:01 pm

On the OotP dvd menu, one of the scenes shown is a DA meeting where they are in a circle around a mechanical death eater and it looks like they are practicing levicorpus on it. Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe more DA scenes were shot and never shown.

Sportsman280 January 15th, 2010 3:50 pm

I updated the video with more shots that I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9mUJTmFuZg

captain_mills January 15th, 2010 4:27 pm

Nice videos... Nice images too! My fav was the "Priori Incantatem" scenes... as the images appear in your video, it would have been nice to have that scene in the film.

Anyway, which songs did you use for the video? I recognize the first one and you even mention it, but the other two I don't recall...

Also, at the end you mention a video with actual video clips... would you share the link for that one?

:D

Hes January 15th, 2010 4:30 pm

Please keep this thread focused on the deleted scences themselves and not fanmade videos and the songs used etc. Discussion of fanmade videos belongs in Magical Masterpieces.

Sportsman280 January 15th, 2010 5:09 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hes (Post 5482812)
Please keep this thread focused on the deleted scences themselves and not fanmade videos and the songs used etc. Discussion of fanmade videos belongs in Magical Masterpieces.

Yeah sorry Hes, just thought it would be easier for people to watch a slideshow with music of the deleted scenes rather than clicking a thousand links. I'll keep on topic.

Captain mills, yeah the Priori Incantantem explanation scene does look awesome. I really don't understand why they wouldn't use it. Did they think it made the ending too slow? I really want to see the waterfall scene too, it looks like a really nice trio moment. There aren't enough of those.

Also the music I used, you can see the titles of them in the description of the video and the other video is in the sidebar, I don't want to get off topic.

CrazyMuggle January 15th, 2010 7:08 pm

One scene not mentioned was Luna and Sanguini meeting at Slughorn's party; there was a photo that showed this before the film's release. If you look carefully in the background after Draco gatecrashes the party you can see the two of them together. I believe they filmed a scene with dialogue between the two of them and if I can find that photo I'll post it.

SwedishSkinJer January 15th, 2010 10:00 pm

EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently, Sanguini is still in the background for the theatrical cut of the scene.

Unfortunately, his dialogue with Luna wasn't a deleted scene on the DVD. Will we ever see their conversation?

Sportsman280 January 15th, 2010 11:31 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by adubbs401 (Post 5481562)
On the OotP dvd menu, one of the scenes shown is a DA meeting where they are in a circle around a mechanical death eater and it looks like they are practicing levicorpus on it. Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe more DA scenes were shot and never shown.

Huh. Yeah your right, that shot of the DA levitating the DE model isn't in the movie. I wonder why not?

Wab January 16th, 2010 12:17 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedishSkinJer (Post 5482964)
EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently, Sanguini is still in the background for the theatrical cut of the scene.

Unfortunately, his dialogue with Luna wasn't a deleted scene on the DVD. Will we ever see their conversation?

It may never have been filmed. Just because a still image has been produced, usually for publicity purposes, it doesn't mean that a scene was shot which includes the image.

Jack5555 January 16th, 2010 12:34 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hes (Post 5482812)

He made the videos to put all the images in one place so it would be easily viewable instead of clicking through all the pages here finding the pics.

What really bugs me is that it looks like the GoF deleted scenes that are not on the DVD look completed from the pictures. Boy I hope we get them!

And now seeing the pic of Cormac confronting Ron, the following line makes much more sense:

Quote:

Ron: I’m resigning. After today’s
match. McLaggen can have my spot.
IMO the scene should have stayed.

Fury January 16th, 2010 12:47 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by adubbs401 (Post 5481562)

This is in the OoTP movie, during, I think, where Filch and the Squad are trying to get into the room.

Sportsman280 January 16th, 2010 2:04 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack5555 (Post 5483032)
He made the videos to put all the images in one place so it would be easily viewable instead of clicking through all the pages here finding the pics.

Thanks Jack, I thought it was relevant too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fury (Post 5483038)
This is in the OoTP movie, during, I think, where Filch and the Squad are trying to get into the room.

Nah, I just looked. That actual shot had been deleted.

Sportsman280 January 20th, 2010 7:56 pm

Does anyone know any of the higher ups who work at mugglenet who we could ask if they've seen these scenes or not? I've emailed them and they didn't respond. I was thinking since they are a popular fansite perhaps WB previewed some of these scenes for them or perhaps they were still in an early screening that mugglenet knows about?

Jack5555 January 20th, 2010 9:25 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsman280 (Post 5485471)
Does anyone know any of the higher ups who work at mugglenet who we could ask if they've seen these scenes or not? I've emailed them and they didn't respond. I was thinking since they are a popular fansite perhaps WB previewed some of these scenes for them or perhaps they were still in an early screening that mugglenet knows about?

No fansite whatsoever would get to see unreleased footage. The only thing WB does is give them links to new trailers to help get the word out. And seriously if you email Mugglenet again about it you might get on the Wall-Of-Shame, so don't bother. The only people who would have seen this footage are the directors, producers and such.

Sportsman280 January 20th, 2010 11:05 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack5555 (Post 5485510)
No fansite whatsoever would get to see unreleased footage. The only thing WB does is give them links to new trailers to help get the word out. And seriously if you email Mugglenet again about it you might get on the Wall-Of-Shame, so don't bother. The only people who would have seen this footage are the directors, producers and such.

Wall-Of-Shame? What's that?

I just thought that maybe if one of them had seen an early screening of Order of the Phoenix or Goblet of Fire, maybe the director and editor had yet to cut the Sirius dueling Bellatrix scene or the Priori Incantantem explanation scene for example.