Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Muggle Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The deleted scenes we've never seen... (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=111884)

Chudleycanons November 22nd, 2010 9:09 am

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
It was my understanding before the release that there was a shot of Bella using the cruciatus on Hermione. I cant exactly remember where I heard it but I know I did. Perhaps that will be included.
Anyways, I know its frustrating that small, yet important scenes were cut because of the time constraint i.e. Dudley's retribution, Lillys letter etc. but I'd say given the 2 1/2 hour time constraint they did a pretty good job picking out the scenes to leave and the scenes to cut. I just wonder why the studio couldnt have given them a longer run time because at 2.5 hours another fifteen or twenty minutes woundnt hurt.

decarus November 22nd, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
I agree. I really think they needed more in the camping scenes. They needed to show Ron's jealousy a little more and Hermione's attachment to Ron. I felt like the camping was so rushed. We arrived at Ron's leaving after a montage of five quick shots.

Fury November 22nd, 2010 2:56 pm

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
Saw this on Imdb

David Yates talks about the deleted scenes we'll get in the DVD:

The Ron/Hermione rock-throwing scene
A scene between Harry and Aunt Petunia
Harry and Ron trying to chase the bunny for food

Starts around 5:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08HKeSCBoUM

NaBUru November 22nd, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
Wow, it's been over 7 years without posting here!!! I couldn't remember which username (I've been using NaBUru38 for years) or password I had.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chudleycanons (Post 5655059)
I just wonder why the studio couldnt have given them a longer run time because at 2.5 hours another fifteen or twenty minutes woundnt hurt.

It's not just time. Sometimes, scenes are cut because they break the flow or tone of the film. At least they put them in the discs.

jadedpixie November 22nd, 2010 4:43 pm

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
Hopefully we'll get extended versions at the 25 year anniversary of Sorceror's stone, or something like that. Lucas did it for Star Wars(not saying they were better however)

magic_is_might November 22nd, 2010 7:23 pm

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
I'm looking forward to this deleted Ron/Hermione scene :) They said it was very funny and touching, but was cut because it didn't fit in with the tone of the film. Also, Yates said there will be about 10-15 minutes of extra footage on the DVD.

Erin6 November 22nd, 2010 8:30 pm

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
I'm glad the Ron/Hermione stone scene will be on the DVD, but the fact that it was cut because it didn't fit the "tone" of the movie makes no sense to me. There were certain other scenes, or a scene that didn't fit the tone of the movie, but he kept that in.

decarus November 22nd, 2010 8:40 pm

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
I actually think they needed at least one Ron/Hermione on their own scene before he left. If there was anything that i thought was a little weird pacing wise that would be it. I think they needed to make Ron leaving seem more reasonable and yet at the same time unreasonable by showing the Ron/Hermione relationship. Though they have been showing Ron/Hermione since the beginning.

Erin6 November 22nd, 2010 8:43 pm

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by decarus (Post 5655457)
I actually think they needed at least one Ron/Hermione on their own scene before he left. If there was anything that i thought was a little weird pacing wise that would be it. I think they needed to make Ron leaving seem more reasonable and yet at the same time unreasonable by showing the Ron/Hermione relationship. Though they have been showing Ron/Hermione since the beginning.

I agree. They hardly ever get any scenes just the two of them, and they actually film one, but cut it because it doesn't fit the tone. Yet Hermione cutting Harry's hair and that dance fit the tone just fine I guess. I mean I try not to make everything a conspiracy theory because I know it makes me sound ridiculous, but I can't believe this scene didn't fit the tone.

Desecrate November 22nd, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
I wanted to see Harry seeing his Mom's letter.. Not having it might imply Snape not having the other half. If Snape's scene is not EXACTLY like the book I am going to be pretty sad (at least in terms of encompassing everything). To me thats the saddest scene in the books.

magic_is_might November 22nd, 2010 9:29 pm

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin6 (Post 5655459)
I agree. They hardly ever get any scenes just the two of them, and they actually film one, but cut it because it doesn't fit the tone. Yet Hermione cutting Harry's hair and that dance fit the tone just fine I guess. I mean I try not to make everything a conspiracy theory because I know it makes me sound ridiculous, but I can't believe this scene didn't fit the tone.

See the thing with the dance is although many feel it's out of place, so why is that included whereas this extra Hermione/Ron scene isn't included?

I think it goes back with overall flow and tone. The dance scene had somber, quiet, and sad tone to it. Whereas Hermione/Ron's scene is supposedly funny. I can understand why the dance worked, but the skipping stone scene wasn't included. Although it would've been nice to see :)

Phoenix903 November 22nd, 2010 9:34 pm

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CurseCruciatus (Post 5654634)
After reading this thread, I've suddenly realized how much was cut out and how much they tried to "lighten" it up. I know it's completely out of question, but I really wouldn't mind if they split it into 3 parts, especially since there's at least triple the amount of content in DH as there is in PS/SS or CoS.

I was just thinking the exact same thing!

decarus November 22nd, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Desecrate (Post 5655468)
I wanted to see Harry seeing his Mom's letter.. Not having it might imply Snape not having the other half. If Snape's scene is not EXACTLY like the book I am going to be pretty sad (at least in terms of encompassing everything). To me thats the saddest scene in the books.

It is very unlikely that it is going to be exactly like the book. I think that is something that people need to accept.

magic_is_might November 22nd, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by decarus (Post 5655525)
It is very unlikely that it is going to be exactly like the book. I think that is something that people need to accept.

Yeah, I realized this after seeing GoF :) I don't expect a scene to come out exactly like the book, that way I'm not disappointed. And because I tend to watch the movies on its own merit.

Erin6 November 22nd, 2010 10:02 pm

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by magic_is_might (Post 5655511)
See the thing with the dance is although many feel it's out of place, so why is that included whereas this extra Hermione/Ron scene isn't included?

I think it goes back with overall flow and tone. The dance scene had somber, quiet, and sad tone to it. Whereas Hermione/Ron's scene is supposedly funny. I can understand why the dance worked, but the skipping stone scene wasn't included. Although it would've been nice to see :)

Well I will always think the dance was unnecessary. Lol. I just don't see how a nice sweet scene with Ron and Hermione alone was so out of tune with the rest of the film, but at least it will be on the dvd.

hpfan5 November 22nd, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
Im glad that Ron/Hermione scene will be on the dvd. I love the picture of them from that scene. I wish this movie could have been longer to see all these extra scenes.

magic_is_might November 23rd, 2010 12:38 am

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin6 (Post 5655549)
Well I will always think the dance was unnecessary. Lol. I just don't see how a nice sweet scene with Ron and Hermione alone was so out of tune with the rest of the film, but at least it will be on the dvd.

I understand because I know a lot of people would've liked to see this scene. I would've. It would've been a nice tension breaker. But at the same time, the editors felt it didn't fit in.

Fury November 23rd, 2010 4:20 am

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/165...19/story.jhtml

Yates discusses the Ron/Hermione deleted scene, and length of deleted scenes.

Quote:

"Now that filmgoers have finally had the opportunity to feast their eyes on “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1,” it’s time for the inevitable overanalyzing of what didn’t make the cut — specifically for the “Potter” fanatics, which pages in the book didn’t make the film version.


When MTV News caught up with director David Yates, we asked him what cuts were particularly hard for him to make and which of those will end up on the DVD extras.


“There are a couple of things that we’ve lost that just didn’t quite survive,” he said. “I did this wonderful scene between Hermione and Ron. I wanted to explore their relationship a little bit more, so when Ron leaves it really breaks your heart.


“There was a scene we shot up in Scotland; it’s a scene where Ron is showing Hermione how to throw a stone on a lake, how to spin a stone on the lake, and Hermione is being really girly about it. She’s got a really rubbish throw, and she has to insist that Ron show her how to spin the stone to sort of entice tactility and physical contact, and it’s a really funny, tender and moving scene,” Yates described. “They’re both very funny in it, but it ended up on the DVD because the overall tone of our film, as you know, is quite intense.”


Yates went on to say that he had the scene in the film, but it just didn’t quite fit. “We tried to keep as much of the stuff we felt was important as possible,” he said.


Luckily for fans wanting to see that scene, they can look for it on the DVD.


“The DVD extras, I would guess there is about 10 or 12 or 15 extra minutes,” Yates revealed.”

magic_is_might November 23rd, 2010 4:23 am

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
At least we'll get to see it then :) Although I wonder which scenes they aren't going to include.

I don't remember where I read it, but there was a longer Malfoy Manor scene with Bellatrix and Hermione. I'd like to see that only because I felt that whole scene was a little too short.

MsBinns November 23rd, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Deathly Hallows Deleted Scenes
 
10-15 minutes! Hooray!!!

(PS that scene sounds like it could be a very sweet moment between the two or a very forced scene)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 1:00 pm.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Original content is Copyright © MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright © its respective owners.