Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Anime (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   Pokemon anime (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=112582)

jammi567 October 5th, 2007 8:13 pm

Pokemon anime

I haven't ever had a chance to watch any of the newer epsisodes (i.e from Hoeen onwards) exept by random episodes. So what's it like?

Israely_Wizard October 5th, 2007 9:34 pm

Re: Pokemon anime

You're lucky, here in Israel we have'nt got past the first Battle Frontir.
But on on the bright side, they're starting the new season this Sunday (Here it's not considered a weekend).

jammi567 October 5th, 2007 9:54 pm

Ouch. It's really good, but the overall series does tend to drag on a little.

Rappy28 October 6th, 2007 1:23 am

I've stopped watching it since the start of Battle Frontier... Though I do watch episode occasionally if I hear there is some good Team Rocket action. I hardly care for the protagonists actually... Always been a huge TR fan. :D

Reader October 6th, 2007 2:28 am

I'm a HUGE TR fan too! I'm even going to be Jesse for Halloween.
Pokemon Anime is awesome. I'd like to see more of the show itself but my mom dislikes shows like that. Ah well.

Raven_Girly October 6th, 2007 4:49 am

I used to watch this back in the day when there were only 150 Pokemon and Ash was on his way to the very first Pokemon league. Still remember that theme tune. :) I think I stopped wathing somewhere during the time he was in the Johto region. I see there have been severel seasons since then and new characters too.

jammi567 October 6th, 2007 10:51 am

He's now in the Pearl/Diamond region now.

Snivelly October 6th, 2007 1:33 pm

I loved Pokemon when I was a kid, and recently I happened to come across the anime again and my passion for it as a child was rekindled for quite a while. ;)

I'm an old school Pokemon girl - I just love the Kanto and Orange Islands episodes! I really started disliking Johto episodes and onwards because it was getting so repetitive - they just kept on adding new pokemon and new regions just to keep the series going, and they even took out Misty and replaced her with May and Max, then now Dawn. I guess since Misty was one of my favourite characters, my interest in the anime is all gone. :sigh:

I watched a few random episodes of the Battle Frontier and Advanced Generation and all the new pokemon befuddled me. :lol: None of them caught enough interest of mine to continue watching them.

Should I add that I'm a determined Ash/Misty shipper? :D

jammi567 October 6th, 2007 8:56 pm

Yeah, i noticed the hints there as well. Have you noticed the Jessie/James possibilities there as well.

GodricHollow October 6th, 2007 10:19 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven_Girly (Post 4801883)
I used to watch this back in the day when there were only 150 Pokemon and Ash was on his way to the very first Pokemon league. Still remember that theme tune. :) I think I stopped wathing somewhere during the time he was in the Johto region. I see there have been severel seasons since then and new characters too.

I gave up somewhere between Cerulean and whichever badge came after Vermullian(sp?) They spent ages trying to find the next town, doing nothing except stop Team Rocket from getting Pikachu and occasionally adding a new pokemon to the collection (or 128 in Taurus's case).

Always liked the pokemon though. They sounded so cute in their first forms.

Snivelly October 7th, 2007 1:26 pm

Godric's Hollow - You shouldn't have given up just after watching a few episodes! There were so many fun episodes after that - Season 1 and 2 are my absolute favourites. Admittedly, they had to take a break between Cerulean and Vermillion because Ash had barely any Pokemon at all - Pikachu, Pidgeotto and Butterfree were hardly enough for facing more gyms - and Ash's boulder badge and cascade badge were a bit of a fluke, I guess, considering he didn't officially win in those battles. :p

Although I did find it a bit weird that Ash got Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander in three successive episodes after Cerulean. And he didn't exactly catch any of them either. ;)

And jammi567: Yeah, there were quite a number of hints which had never even registered in my brain when I was a kid; after watching those episodes again, I couldn't understand how I'd never noticed it all before. :D Do you remember that Trovita gym episode in the Orange Islands series? In which that gym leader, Rudy or Rudi or whatever his name was, fell head over heels in love with Misty and asked her to stay back with him, but she refused? And then he goes something like, "You're a very lucky guy Ash," and Ash is all confused and Rudy grins, "You'll get it someday."

I don't understand why they never make Ash grow up. He's the most clueless, dense and oblivious guy I've ever seen...well, apart from Ron, and even he matured eventually. :lol:

And yeah, the Jessie/James ship is very popular too. I think that out of all the movies, Pokemon Movie 2 was the most shippy because it had Ash/Misty as well as Jessie/James hints.

I really do wish they bring Misty back, but I seriously doubt it'll happen. :sigh:

Rappy28 October 9th, 2007 1:18 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snivelly (Post 4803454)
And yeah, the Jessie/James ship is very popular too. I think that out of all the movies, Pokemon Movie 2 was the most shippy because it had Ash/Misty as well as Jessie/James hints.

I know, it was my favorite movie ! It was also one of the movies that featured Team Rocket the most, and I love it when they help the protagonists. :D

I'm a Rocketshipper myself, though I hate it when fanfiction authors write Jessie and James out of character, i.e. a meek, damsel-in-distress Jessie and James positively dripping testosterone. I prefer my Team Rocket as insecure, goofy, lovable outcasts, bound together by strong friendship, and maybe a little more in Jessie and James's case.

nobi_fawkes October 9th, 2007 2:08 pm

Rappy28 - If anything they should have made those roles reversed :lol: Jesse is more of the manly type than James, but yeah, I ship those two :lol: As well as Ash/Misty. But I stopped watching after the Hoenn region I think. I miss Misty because I miss Togepi. So cute.

Snivelly October 9th, 2007 5:37 pm

Did anyone hear Team Rocket's new motto? I heard someone mentioning on a Pokemon forum that Team Rocket's motto's changed in the new season - the Diamond Pearl, I think it's called? As much as I started detesting that motto after hearing it in about every single episode since the start, I still can't believe they changed it. ;) And apparently, there's Team Aqua and some other team that's been added too. I really don't know much about it though.

And it's a bit coincidental that all the posters in this thread up till now are between the ages of 17-19. Guess it was our "generation" that watched Pokemon when it first really aired and become popular. :D

weasley October 10th, 2007 10:22 pm

Ohhhhhh I used to watch Pokemon! I stopped during Johto because it got boring. But then I stumbled across some episodes on YouTube about last year and started watching again ack. That's annoying really because its such a long show but weirdly addictive. I think I started watching again during Advanced Battle, that was a really cool opening. So then I ended up buying some of the new Pokemon games haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snivelly (Post 4806320)
Did anyone hear Team Rocket's new motto? I heard someone mentioning on a Pokemon forum that Team Rocket's motto's changed in the new season - the Diamond Pearl, I think it's called? As much as I started detesting that motto after hearing it in about every single episode since the start, I still can't believe they changed it. ;) And apparently, there's Team Aqua and some other team that's been added too. I really don't know much about it though.

And it's a bit coincidental that all the posters in this thread up till now are between the ages of 17-19. Guess it was our "generation" that watched Pokemon when it first really aired and become popular. :D

Team Aqua and Magma are in Hoenn. I remember in the games in Silver Team Tocket disbanded so in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald they had a new teams. One wanted to expand the land and the over wanted to expand the sea. Worst villains ever. Neither team have anything to do with Team Rocket. In the anime they just had all 3 teams and something really stupid happened to Team Aqua and Magma, I can't rememeber what. But Team Rocket told everyone that it was them that stopped them XD

Team Rocket had a new motto from Battle Frontier but it was only about a few lines different. They have a completly new one in Sinnoh. The lyrics aren't that great (I laugh everytime they say their last line "We're in your face!") but the background music for it is cool

Yeah, I don't like Pokemon that much :whistle:

jammi567 October 10th, 2007 10:50 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by weasley (Post 4807774)
Yeah, I don't like Pokemon that much :whistle:

Come on, you can admit it to us...

Never had the chance to watch any of the full series (eg. from beginning to end of Kanto) since the very first series. All the other times, it's just been random episodes here and there.

kuroi_shi October 15th, 2007 7:26 am

... I've seen a few of the new episodes.. They're alright.. Same pattern as the old episodes..
(On a somewhat related note, I met the english VA for Ash ^^;; He was played by a woman ^^;; I got her autograph.. It was kinda cool =) And Kinda weird, since my nick-name happens to be "Ash")

Moonythoughts October 15th, 2007 5:25 pm

Lol! I used to be uber obsessed with pokemon, but stopped watching it after they started in the Hoenn region. I was really psyched for that season, the animation was better, the gang had new clothes, but then BAM! The series lost any semblence of edginess (they started censoring every theme that might be construed as even mildly grown-up), and Max just annoyed the heck out of me. The older episodes were good, and my favorite character was BROCK!

Fawkesfan1 November 22nd, 2007 5:17 am

I used to watch the series itself, but I stopped watching it once it got to the newest series. It just wasn't as good as it used to be, and the new voice actors weren't as good as the old ones were :(.

I still play the games though :).

godrics hollow November 23rd, 2007 10:58 pm

lol i stopped watching after they introduced mudkip.... but i love playing the games!

quick correction here:

Quote:

Godric's Hollow - You shouldn't have given up just after watching a few episodes! There were so many fun episodes after that - Season 1 and 2 are my absolute favourites. Admittedly, they had to take a break between Cerulean and Vermillion because Ash had barely any Pokemon at all - Pikachu, Pidgeotto and Butterfree were hardly enough for facing more gyms - and Ash's boulder badge and cascade badge were a bit of a fluke, I guess, considering he didn't officially win in those battles.
hes godric hollow... im godrics hollow :P