Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   In Cinemas & General Movie discussion (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Toy Story 3 (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=121110)

superduperboard June 19th, 2009 6:59 pm

Toy Story 3

Another Toy Story movie is due to come out June 18, 2010.

It looks like it is going to be pretty funny.

Here is a link to the site about the movie Toy Story 3

What do you think about the trailer?
Will you go and see it?
And any other thoughts about the movie.

Fawkesfan1 June 19th, 2009 7:22 pm

Re: Toy Story 3

I haven't watched it yet -- but I'll have to check it out -- since I watched the first two Toy Story movies...

I might if it seems as good as the first two were.

Hopefully they got the same actors that they had in the original movies... that would be awesome :).

superduperboard June 19th, 2009 7:29 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 (Post 5333719)
Hopefully they got the same actors that they had in the original movies... that would be awesome :).

They doooo , all of the same actors are doing the main Characters voices its pretty sweet :lol: it would not be the same if they were different voices. :cool:

Fawkesfan1 June 19th, 2009 7:40 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by superduperboard (Post 5333723)
They doooo , all of the same actors are doing the main Characters voices its pretty sweet :lol: it would not be the same if they were different voices. :cool:

Awesome, it's good that they were able to do that. Considering people's schedules and all that.

Guess it'll be something that I'll be looking forward to then :).

katana June 22nd, 2009 4:22 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 (Post 5333736)
Awesome, it's good that they were able to do that. Considering people's schedules and all that.

Guess it'll be something that I'll be looking forward to then :).

I am pretty excited for this movie! I loved the first two movies!

But not all of the originals will be back. Jim Varney, who voiced the Slinky Dog died in 2000. So there will be a new actor there. But I think all the rest are the original voices! :agree:

superduperboard June 22nd, 2009 4:58 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by katana (Post 5335860)
But not all of the originals will be back. Jim Varney, who voiced the Slinky Dog died in 2000. So there will be a new actor there. But I think all the rest are the original voices! :agree:

Aww Noo, Hopefully the guy that does his voice is good>

katana June 24th, 2009 9:05 pm

I know. Jim Varney was kind of unique though. Hopefully the new guy isn't too off.

IenjoyAcidPops June 25th, 2009 1:17 am

I'm very curious about this movie (seeing the teaser before Up was somewhat of a surprise too). First off, it's Pixar, so there's no question I'll go see it; but third movies in series rarely work. If anyone can produce a rare exception, though, it's probably Pixar. I'm particularly looking forward to hearing Michael Keaton as the voice of Ken (to Jodi Benson's Barbie).

katana June 25th, 2009 5:56 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IenjoyAcidPops (Post 5338861)
I'm very curious about this movie (seeing the teaser before Up was somewhat of a surprise too). First off, it's Pixar, so there's no question I'll go see it; but third movies in series rarely work. If anyone can produce a rare exception, though, it's probably Pixar. I'm particularly looking forward to hearing Michael Keaton as the voice of Ken (to Jodi Benson's Barbie).

That's the thing about Pixar though, they haven't made a disappointing movie yet, IMO. I think Toy Story 3 will do great.
Did you know Michael Keaton was also the voice of Chick Hicks in 'Cars'? I didn't know that. I know they like to have returning voices. Like John Ratzenberger....I think he's been in almost all of the Pixar films, if not all.

IenjoyAcidPops June 25th, 2009 6:03 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by katana (Post 5339097)
That's the thing about Pixar though, they haven't made a disappointing movie yet, IMO. I think Toy Story 3 will do great.

Yeah, I don't actually want to say I'm waiting for Pixar to fail, I'm not, but it's unbelievable; could people accept a movie with rats (well, a rat chef) as the protagonists? Well, yes, if the movie is Ratatouillej. Could people accept a more-esoteric-than-usual sci-fi satire with little dialogue in the first half? Well, if it's WALL-E. Could people accept a movie where the protagonist is a senior citizen? See Up. And now their next challenge: make another great sequel to a movie that in the hands of a lesser studio could have just been a gimmick.

I hate whenever I sound too glowing, but it's hard not to come off that way sometimes.

(And yes, I did know Keaton had done the voice of Chick Hicks in Cars; to me, he stole the movie. There's a Cars 2 coming in 2011, I wonder if he's returning for that one - if he is, I would hope he'd have a larger role somehow.)

katana June 25th, 2009 6:22 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IenjoyAcidPops (Post 5339101)
(And yes, I did know Keaton had done the voice of Chick Hicks in Cars; to me, he stole the movie. There's a Cars 2 coming in 2011, I wonder if he's returning for that one - if he is, I would hope he'd have a larger role somehow.)

That's awesome! Can't wait! I hope they get all the originals back for it!
I thought I heard of an 'Incredibles 2' at one point too. But I'm not sure.

Anhelda June 26th, 2009 4:11 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by katana (Post 5339097)
Did you know Michael Keaton was also the voice of Chick Hicks in 'Cars'? I didn't know that. I know they like to have returning voices. Like John Ratzenberger....I think he's been in almost all of the Pixar films, if not all.

Yes, Ratzenberger has been in every Pixar feature film so far:

Toy Story 1 & 2--Hamm
A Bug's Life--PT Flea
The Incredibles--The Undertaker
Cars--Mack
Finding Nemo--the school of fish that play charades with Dory
Ratatouille-Mustafa
Up--Construction Foreman
Monsters Inc--Abominable Snowman
Wall-E--John

There's a little spoof of that at the end of Cars, where Mack is watching a series of Pixar movies (redone with a Car theme) at the drive-in theater in Radiator Springs and keeps complimenting the actor who plays all the Ratzenberger roles until he realized that they keep using the same guy for all the movies. It's pretty funny!

beth83 June 26th, 2009 4:23 pm

Ever since we got back from Disneyland Paris my 3 year old has been obsessed with Toy Story. They had a very good ride he loved and we ended up bringing a Buzz home with us.

Does anybody know if there is any truth in the rumour that 3 jumps forward a few years to just before Andy goes to college?

IenjoyAcidPops June 28th, 2009 10:16 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by beth83 (Post 5340366)
Does anybody know if there is any truth in the rumour that 3 jumps forward a few years to just before Andy goes to college?

I believe that's true.

xhanax315 June 28th, 2009 11:17 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by beth83 (Post 5340366)

College? :wow: :err: That would make him a bit old. :wow: I never thought they would do a third Toy Story, the trailer looked pretty cute, kind of like the old ones. I'm hoping it will be pretty good. Like IenjoyAcidPops said a third movie doesn't usually work out great :shrug:, but this one looks a bit promising. :agree:

PureBloodGirl June 29th, 2009 12:56 am

This is strange. I loved the Toy Story movies, but never thought they would make a third one. It has been 10 years and will be 11 years when it comes out, since they've made any of these movies. Still, the teaser does look funny and the animation looks good. Might be worth a watch. I think it'll be cute.

The IMDB page for this can be found here. It says that Tom Hanks and Tim Allen have been cast, so that's good. Got some of the original voices. I'm not sure on the others, though and if they were in the first two or not.

IenjoyAcidPops June 29th, 2009 1:09 am

All of the established toys of the first two (Tom Hanks as Woody, Tim Allen as Buzz, Joan Cusack as Jessie, Wallace Shawn as Rex, John Ratzenberger as Hamm, Don Rickles as Mr. Potato Head, Estelle Harris as Mrs. Potato Head, Jodi Benson as Barbie, Annie Potts as Bo Peep) are back - with the notable exception of the late Jim Varney (Slinky Dog) who died shortly after the second was released.

DML1991 June 29th, 2009 1:25 am

Pixar can do no wrong. Seeing as the sequel is just as good, if not a tad better than the first, a third film after so many other Pixar endeavors is just perfect.

SoulOfRebirth June 29th, 2009 2:30 am

Good lord, it's been ten years since Toy Story 2. Those of us who grew up on the first two...well...we're pretty old now. I wonder if it's been ten years for Woody and Buzz as well? This will be a trippy movie. Really bizarre.

This must be how cranky old people feel when really old movies get remade for a new generation. I feel like I'm going through a rite of passage.

imacheeto July 1st, 2009 5:32 am

im def seein it!!!