Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Anime (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   Dragonball Z/GT (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=110694)

Solace_Forever August 12th, 2007 7:33 pm

Dragonball Z/GT

oh my gosh! I can't believe that theres no thread about Dragonball Z/GT. It's like one of the best anime cartoons around!
You can talk about characters, saga's and everything else.
Tell me you love this cartoon!

jordmundt6 August 13th, 2007 9:16 am

Re: Dragonball Z/GT

It's entertaining, but I don't know if I'd call it "best." What are your criteria. I prefer the Vegeta and Frieza storylines to the Cell games and the Buu fiasco. I never had the opportunity to view GT at length, but I did enjoy Dragonball Z.

DarwinMayflower August 13th, 2007 11:25 am

What's his power level at Vegeta?

Guspike August 13th, 2007 12:17 pm

Vegeta has always been slower, that's why he's so angry at Goku, but he'll get there. Although, I've never seen many episodes past Cell! They seem to forget those episodes here!!!

There was a thread about this before the forum shut down, I guess they deleted it.

Solace_Forever August 13th, 2007 5:02 pm

I liked the Frieza and Cell saga. :D In GT Goku goes small again and Gohan has a daughter. It's quite good but the last episode is really sad :(
They don't show it no more though, they said they would start again on Toonami, but it hasn't in England yet.

frag12 August 13th, 2007 5:23 pm

ah,yes- i started this exact same thread with even the same name on another forum one time-i got plenty of responses there.

anyway-yeah,DBZ has to be one of the best animes around-mainly due to its awesome fighting sequences.

i noticed that people seem to dislike DBGT a LOT more than DBZ.personall,i havent seen the whole of dbgt yet so i cant judge.

the final few episodes of the frieza saga-goku vs. frieza episodes were BRILLIANT-the episode prior to these,however were seemed a little stretched out unnecessarily-i mean its one of the longest sagas of DBZ!

the buu and cell sagas were pretty good too-they were'nt that bad-but the buu saga was also a little unnecessarily stretched.

by the way,SSJ3 GOKU ROX:drool:!!!
shame they never showed ssj3 vegeta on dbz-that would have been aweso me (vegeta's my fave character):cool:

SadPanda August 13th, 2007 7:31 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarwinMayflower (Post 4718261)
What's his power level at Vegeta?

It's over nine thousaaaaaaaaaaand!!!!!!!!!!!!

From The History of Trunks

"Piccolo was the first to try, and the first to die. Vegeta, Tien, Yamcha, and even Krillin was destroyed by the deadly duo"

Even Krillin>>>>SSJ Vegeta

DarwinMayflower August 13th, 2007 8:39 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadPanda (Post 4719362)
It's over nine thousaaaaaaaaaaand!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Piccolo was the first to try, and the first to die. Vegeta, Tien, Yamcha, and even Krillin was destroyed by the deadly duo"

Seriously. With DBZ you can watch like every 3rd episode. Because it gets to a point where you get the entire summary of the previous DBZ episode and the entire summary of the next DBZ episode in every single episode. So really, you can bypass about 2/3s of the series and not miss a thing. I mean who really gets so hyped up to see the next episode where VEGETA BLINKS!...NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL ZEEEEEEEE.

SadPanda August 13th, 2007 10:11 pm

Tien: You just wait until my arm grows back

Vegeta: "Too bad it's Sunday, those buildings would have been full tomorrow."

Nappa (upon leveling the city): "That area may have been evacuated, but it'll give them something to think about!"

Tien: (after Nappa blows up a manned chopper): "Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." *theres nothing in the sky*

Freeza: "These balls make me feel something that resembles joy I think. I want to caress them..."

Narrator: "Oh yeah, I almost forgot... Krillin's in da house!"

Freeza: "Your shoe came untied" [music: BOM BOM!]
Goku: "I don't even have shoelaces!" [music: BOM!]

Tien: This three-eyed cowboys going for one last ride!

Goku: Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Cell: "How did you acquire this new strength? Enlighten me!"
Vegeta: "I do a lot of push-ups and sit-ups. And I drink plenty of juice."

Dragon Ball Z it's high-diddly-larious.

jordmundt6 August 13th, 2007 10:53 pm

SadPanda--9 Thousand? 9 Thousand what? Frieza's power level at full transformation is supposed to be over a million, and a SuperSayan wipes the floor with him. Plus, wasn't Goku's power level 180 thousand, or something like that when he first squared off against Captain Ginyu?

SSJ_Jup81 August 13th, 2007 10:54 pm

*Cracks knuckles*

Okay, I must comment on this series. lol Now, I will say this, I personally prefer Dragon Ball to both Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT. I've never seen the dub of GT or DB, though, so I can't comment on them or changes. I've only seen them subbed/Raw years ago. I have seen DBZ subbed and dubbed. The Buu saga I saw subbed.

Anyway, the reason I like Dragon Ball more than the other two series, is due to the fact that those seemed to deal with real martial arts. It wasn't all "power level" stuff, or "ki blast, ki blast, ki blast." I also liked Dragon Ball more because it was more comedic, was more of an adventure, and the others (Chichi, Tenshinhan, Chaotsu, Yamacha, Kuririn, Turtle Elder, Oolong, Puar, Lunch, Yajirobe, etc.) all did more for it compared to DBZ.

I liked Dragon Ball GT in the beginning, mainly because it was going back to the whole "Dragon Ball" dynamic. An adventure to search for the Dragon Balls with obstacles, but, it became too much like Dragon Ball Z later on (come on, was SSJ4 Goku really necessary?), which turned me off from the series a lot. It became all about "power" as opposed to "skill", imo. I will admit to liking the last half of the final episode of the entire series. It was nice; Goku and Vegeta's descendants going against each other at a Martial Arts tournament while Videl (I think), Bulma, and Chichi were watching, while a "dead Goku" is watching as well. It was nice because it flashed back to how Goku's adventure first began all the way up to DBGT, while playing the full version of Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku. It made me incredibly nostalgic, and also made me want to watch Dragon Ball all over again, but never mind all that. lol

As for Dragon Ball Z, it had way too much filler, and the story took away from Gohan's character. These were the biggest flaws of this series, imo (aside from the fact that it wasn't like DB where it was "skill", not power that mattered, and the fact that the Z-fighters didn't get much screen time, imo). Goku was killed out for a reason, folks. The story for DBZ was supposed to have been Gohan's story, just like DB was Goku's, but, fans really liked Goku, hence his being brought back constantly to save the day. The only saga, imo, that was handled right was the Saiya-jin Saga.

Oh, and as for the filler...some eps I didn't mind (like when Piccolo and Goku were learning to drive lol). I prefer "original filler" as opposed to extending a canon arc. Freiza arc killed me with that. "There's only five more minutes until the Planet Namek explodes...will Goku survive? Tune in next time to Dragon Ball Z!" Twenty eps later.... "Goku is still on Namek, four minutes remaining..." You know where I'm going. lol

Oh, fav characters...

Chichi
Lunch
Gohan
Mirai no Trunks
Android 18
Pan
Videl
Vegeta

Oh, one other thing I disliked about DBGT...lack of focus on Goten. I can understand his being "girl crazy", given his age at the time of DBGT, but he and Trunks are like the best of friends! I hated the fact that they were split up for the journey for the Dragon Balls.

Anywho, in conclusion...Dragon Ball is, and will always be, my favorite series. DBZ and DBGT, imo, can't truly compare.

DarwinMayflower August 14th, 2007 12:24 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordmundt6 (Post 4720116)
SadPanda--9 Thousand? 9 Thousand what? Frieza's power level at full transformation is supposed to be over a million, and a SuperSayan wipes the floor with him. Plus, wasn't Goku's power level 180 thousand, or something like that when he first squared off against Captain Ginyu?

I can't believe that I have to post this video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI

SSJ_Jup81 August 14th, 2007 3:47 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarwinMayflower (Post 4720354)
I can't believe that I have to post this video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI

That was incredibly goofy!!! lol

SadPanda August 14th, 2007 6:37 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 (Post 4720772)
That was incredibly goofy!!! lol

I got it beat

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y4QCvaO4dSs

Scott McNeil's Piccolo for the win.

Solace_Forever August 14th, 2007 3:49 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 (Post 4720122)
Goku was killed out for a reason, folks. The story for DBZ was supposed to have been Gohan's story, just like DB was Goku's, but, fans really liked Goku, hence his being brought back constantly to save the day.

Yhh i heard about that! I'm actually glad thy brought back Goku though. The series wouldn't have been as good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 (Post 4720122)
Oh, and as for the filler...some eps I didn't mind (like when Piccolo and Goku were learning to drive lol). I prefer "original filler" as opposed to extending a canon arc. Freiza arc killed me with that. "There's only five more minutes until the Planet Namek explodes...will Goku survive? Tune in next time to Dragon Ball Z!" Twenty eps later.... "Goku is still on Namek, four minutes remaining..." You know where I'm going. lol

Oh that was annoying!!! In the Freiza saga when Goku was in that thing...oh i cant remember...when he was injured and was getting better, in the water kind of thing, that took about 5 flippin episodes even longer i bet!
It was funny when they were learning to dirve haha lol!!! :lol: Oh and Gohan had to do his schoolwork and everything beause Chi Chi wanted him to study, but i like the way they make Gohan really clever in GT :D

I liked the Fusion bit, Piccolo and Goku looked soo stupid teaching haha....Fuuusssiooon HA!

My favourite characters have got ot be
Goku
Gohan
Piccolo
and ChiChi
oohh and that one who had his own planet, when Goku died...i cant remember his name...!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadPanda (Post 4721033)
I got it beat

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y4QCvaO4dSs

Scott McNeil's Piccolo for the win.

haha thats soo funny :lol:

SeverusSnapeHBP August 15th, 2007 12:10 am

Classic series, my fave actually. I hate GT however. DB and DBZ were so much better. I also prefer reading the Mangas, not watching the anime.

My favorite character in the Manga is Goku, but in the anime he was "super-hero-ed" up. Got boring pretty quick.

Sugino3 August 15th, 2007 12:13 am

I'm still hoping for another saga. I will never forgive them for that ending.

monkeeshrines August 15th, 2007 12:41 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadPanda (Post 4719362)

In the course of the entire Dragonball series (including Dragonball, DBZ, and DBGT) Krillin dies, like, 5 or 6 times - twice more than any other character. "Even Krillin" always made me laugh...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solace_Forever (Post 4721785)
Oh and Gohan had to do his schoolwork and everything beause Chi Chi wanted him to study, but i like the way they make Gohan really clever in GT :D

Anyone notice Gohan doing Algebra at 4 years old in the beginning of DBZ (during Piccolo's "training")?

I like all the series, and especially the Namek/Freiza sagas, but it bothered me that when anyone died they were always able to be brought back to life. They even got around that whole "you can only bring someone back once" thing by going to Namek. It made everyone expendable (especially Krillin) and sacrifices meaningless.

(Prince of all Sayians! Yeah, all two of 'em!)
Vegeta was awesome until he became a good guy 'round about the Cell saga. Then he got kinda boring...

:lol: Trunks in that wedding dress... :lol:

SadPanda August 15th, 2007 1:20 am

Gohan>>>the rest of the cast

Gohan was the only fighter who didn't end up being a total deadbeat.

Sugino3 August 15th, 2007 1:33 am

seriously.