Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Post DH References (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Hopes & Aspirations (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=126445)

Morgoth November 15th, 2010 9:26 pm

Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Hopes & Aspirations

What are your hopes & aspirations for the second part, knowing what you know about first movie? Are there any scenes which could perhaps be sacrificed or do they need to add more to clarify certain elements of the story?

merrymarge November 15th, 2010 9:50 pm

Re: Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Hopes & Aspirations

I would like to see Harry and Voldemort walking around each other in a circle. It's toward the end of the book, when Harry casts off the invisibility cloak. Voldemort is poised to strike, like a snake, and Harry justs keeps talking, like he is taunting him, he calls Voldemort, Tom. I also wonder if Peeves will show up to sing his little song. that was funny.

katana November 15th, 2010 9:59 pm

I'm most looking forward to 'The Forest Again' and I really really really hope that Daniel is able to pull off the emotions that Harry had in this scene. I hope I'm not disappointed because it was my favorite scene in the last half of the book.

merrymarge November 15th, 2010 10:31 pm

Is the "Prince's Tale in Part one or Part two? I can't remember. Anyway, I hope this scene is played out very well, and they don't cut any of the memory scenes.

snugglepot November 15th, 2010 10:38 pm

I really hope the trip to Ravenclaw Tower is cut.
I don't want to see Harry cast the Crucio at Carrow.
I hope Luna has a picture of the Diadem and Ginny recognises it and tells Harry about it being in the RoR.
I hope Cho's part is cut as I do not want to see her again!
I also hope there are no Harry/Hermione or Harry/Luna or Harry/Any girl but Ginny bonding scenes!

That's all I can think of now!

DobbyWeasley November 15th, 2010 10:55 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrymarge (Post 5650171)
Is the "Prince's Tale in Part one or Part two? I can't remember. Anyway, I hope this scene is played out very well, and they don't cut any of the memory scenes.

It is in part 2 I think.

That is one of my favorite parts of the book, so I really hope they do it justice.

Carne November 16th, 2010 12:35 am

I just hope the final battle will be big and awesome. My only worries is that Yates seems to steer away from action, or shorten it down, a lot. Like the Ministry in OOTP.

Bucc November 16th, 2010 1:54 am

I thinking, knowing where the split, whether I liked the chapters of DH1 better than DH2 or not. I think I liked the Ministry, Malfoy Manor, Xeno better than I did Gringotts. I love Prince's Tale and Forest Again (even though I still suspect the former being very brief) but not King's Crossing (which I don't think will be shown much). Not sure about the BIG battle though but I guess we already know that the duel will be greatly expanded. I guess it's about equal, some I like in both, some I don't.

SirDobster November 16th, 2010 4:20 am

I hope Molly's battle scene is epic.

I hope Ralph Fiennes plays Voldemort with visible regret and/or confusion when Harry explains the details about the Elder Wand.

I'm hoping that the kiss scene appears to be romantic, rather than Rupert appearing to hold back his laughter, although that would make me laugh.

And I hope the filmmakers have something truly memorable and sweet planned for the end, either before, during or after fading to black with credits rolling.

StaceysChain November 16th, 2010 6:23 am

I'm really looking forward to the added "Why do you live?" scene. I'm glad they've extended the final battle between Harry and Voldemort, it was to short in the book for me personally (although I understand why :)). I'm really curious to find out how Harry escapes lol.

theboywholived8 November 16th, 2010 6:36 am

I just hope the escape from Gringotts is awesometastic.

weasley9 November 16th, 2010 6:47 am

I'm eager to see how the giant batle is handled. I hope the series gets the epic finale it deserves.

magic_is_might November 16th, 2010 6:49 am

They had better not edit out Molly's awesome line during her battle with Bellatrix.

exl2398 November 16th, 2010 7:38 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DobbyWeasley (Post 5650192)
That is one of my favorite parts of the book, so I really hope they do it justice.

this is my greatest hope, too...to see TPT played out really well. it is my favorite chapter in the whole series. Go snape!

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic_is_might (Post 5650432)
They had better not edit out Molly's awesome line during her battle with Bellatrix.

this. that would be a travesty, if they do.

potter2000 November 17th, 2010 11:42 pm

I just hope that they make the battle amazing. Also I want to see characters that we haven't seen since the first movie come back and make an apperance in the last movie. I just want the battle to be perfect.

LupinsHowl786 November 17th, 2010 11:51 pm

I hope that the Prince's Tale is spot on. I loved that part in the book and for once I'd like to see a character's past in the movies. Also the Battle at Hogwarts should be epic as well as the ending.

potteraddicted5 November 17th, 2010 11:52 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic_is_might (Post 5650432)

Oh, my god, this!

That was my favorite line in the entire book -- simply because I didn't know JKR was going there -- so to have it removed would be a complete and utter disgrace to the second part! :wow:

ActingDude17 November 18th, 2010 4:05 am

I'm really wondering what the last few shots will be exactly. Will we perhaps see Rose and Albus on the Hogwarts Express? Or will it follow the book exactly and be a closeup on Harry's upper body as he waves goodbye to his secondborn son?

LupinTheGreat November 18th, 2010 6:42 am

Well i haven't read the books, but according to what everyone else here says (and looking at the names of the chapters) I expect a huge battle of wizards/witches with the return of some old friends :). The part of Molly and Bellatrix also sounds very interesting, does she threaten her? O.o

ThaiHPFan November 18th, 2010 9:49 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LupinTheGreat (Post 5651813)
Well i haven't read the books, but according to what everyone else here says (and looking at the names of the chapters) I expect a huge battle of wizards/witches with the return of some old friends :). The part of Molly and Bellatrix also sounds very interesting, does she threaten her? O.o

Much, much, more. It's one of the most epic moments in the series and I know Julie Walters' performance could make all the audiences cheer. I usually welcome any changes made to the films but I just hope that this part will be kept exactly as it is in the book. And also any other parts with McGonagall kicking Death Eaters' butts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ActingDude17 (Post 5651756)
I'm really wondering what the last few shots will be exactly. Will we perhaps see Rose and Albus on the Hogwarts Express? Or will it follow the book exactly and be a closeup on Harry's upper body as he waves goodbye to his secondborn son?

My ideal film ending: we see Harry waving goodbye to his son (a shot of Albus waving from the train, similar to Harry at the end of the first film). Then we see a shot with the back of trio (and Ginny) standing together on the platform with golden sunlight. Then the we cut to the Hogwarts Express moving across the beautiful countryside. Then a shot of Albus looking outside the train window, smiling in excitement at something we can't see yet, then the camera sweeps away from the train, flies across the lake and reveals the castle (same angle as the boat scene in the first film), fully reconstructed after the war. Fade to black.