Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Artemis Fowl Thread (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=92990)

BurrowGhoul September 19th, 2010 11:51 pm

Re: Artemis Fowl Thread

It was fine, nothing more.

Voldemorts8thHorcrux September 20th, 2010 2:44 am

Should I go get the Atlantis Complex? I mean, I have tons of books on my plate already, but I really hate not reading a book in a series I know I've loved for a while.

IMANAWizard September 20th, 2010 3:10 am

You should read it if only just for the pleasure. In my opinion its a good book maybe a bit lacking in a single plot line but it is worth it

BurrowGhoul September 20th, 2010 3:44 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voldemorts8thHorcrux (Post 5612207)
Should I go get the Atlantis Complex? I mean, I have tons of books on my plate already, but I really hate not reading a book in a series I know I've loved for a while.

Well, of COURSE you have to read it! :lol: Just go in with low expectations and maybe you will love it.

Clockworthy September 20th, 2010 11:14 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voldemorts8thHorcrux (Post 5612207)

I suggest you check it out from the library and not buy it, but yes, read it :)

Mugglewizard July 6th, 2011 5:32 am

Any news on the eighth book. atlantis complex didnt really do for me what the other books did. the plot didnt grip me and it took me some time to finish the book. rare for me for a book in this series.

FurryDice July 17th, 2011 10:11 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugglewizard (Post 5766932)
Any news on the eighth book. atlantis complex didnt really do for me what the other books did. the plot didnt grip me and it took me some time to finish the book. rare for me for a book in this series.

I thought Atlantis Complex was a bit of a let-down, too. :( I finished it pretty quickly, but I didn't find it on a par with the rest of the series.

Nikkolas August 27th, 2011 2:21 am

I agree. I really really likd Lost Colony and Time Paradox so AC was a real disappointment.

I guess I'm one of the few people who thought Opal was at her best in Time Paradox. She was just too...absurd in Opal Deception. Sure she took out Root but everything afterward was so childish and I just couldn't take her seriously.

When your Evil Mastermind is ultimately defeated by some random peasant, you've done something wrong.

Time Paradox Opal on the other hand had superpowered herself up and she damn near outsmarted Arty. She was actually threatening then IMO.

But...I guess I'm kinda biased in favor of TTP. It had a lot of Artemis/Holly and I support that ship.

jojoroony August 27th, 2011 4:18 am

I think I might kill myself.

Artemis Fowl is so amazing I'm living day-to-day without him.
I know he used to be really evil, but he changed. And is amazing.

Back on topic.

I personally loved he atlantis complex, but the one most dear to my heart is far and beyond the Opal deception. TOD has it all- memory wipes, horny trolls, explosions, clones, science, mulch diggums- need i go on?

The last book comes out in 2012. it is called the Last Guardian.

The end of an era... when i read those last words, i will weep as i did for harry potter, if not more.

I support Artemis/Holly, as I am not in the picture. If they were real and i was involved? Holly better not touch him. he is MINE.

I we were genies.. i know what I'd wish for.

Mugglewizard February 26th, 2012 6:13 pm

I just read the first chapter of the new book the last guardian. I simply cant wait for July. The start was amazing and it was nice to see the old Artemis back. Juvenile prodigy indeed

BurrowGhoul November 28th, 2018 12:06 am

new movie coming out next summer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXlBep9uFjI

witchsmart December 25th, 2018 12:05 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurrowGhoul (Post 6113271)
new movie coming out next summer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXlBep9uFjI

I saw that! Some of the casting choices are interesting (Dame Judi Dench as Commander Root and Josh Gad as Mulch Diggums are two big ones) but I like the look of it for the most part so far. However, I am a bit alarmed at part of the description for the ideal Artemis in their casting call: "Most importantly, Artemis is warm-hearted and has a great sense of humour; he has fun in whatever situation he is in and loves life."

I . . . are we sure they read the books? :hmm: