Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Artemis Fowl Thread (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=92990)

DeathlyH February 10th, 2008 9:14 pm

Re: Artemis Fowl Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad_Druid (Post 4917817)
The release date is set for July 15 2008.

Also:

Spoiler: show
Eoin Colfer has confirmed that the book will be named Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox.

Colfer has also stated that the two siblings of Artemis Fowl are both boys, with the names Myles and Beckett, but had earlier stated that he had been leaning toward Jonathan and Finian.

Colfer has stated that the action will take place in Finland, Ireland and Morocco, and will involve a creature that has slept for millennia, more time travel, irritating younger twin brothers, and an evil hypno-therapist called Dr. Kronski.

Ooh, July 15th, the week before my b-day! :clap: That title sounds very interesting, although with time won't it just be similar to the last one? I don't want to see another time-traveling one, because they just make my head hurt.
Of course there's an evil therapist! What book doesn't have one? I'll bet he puts people to sleep with his little pendulum, too. :p.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carino (Post 4924577)
Oh, I loved TOD as well. I adore Opal; she's one of my favorite characters. I know, I'm so weird!!

It's not wierd at all; she was a very interesting character even if she was bad, I liked her too, though not as much as you.

Mina_Harker February 10th, 2008 9:15 pm

I love Artemis Fowl, but I haven't read the fifth book yet because it's still in hardcover (or, at least, I haven't seen it in paperback anywhere). Besides not having enough money for hardcover, I inadvertently started a pattern with my Artemis books where my first is paperback, second hardcover, third paperback, etc., and I'm kind of OCD about my books, so I have to continue it like that.

Anyway, I think the characters are very well written and Foaly and Holly are probably my favorites.

Raven_Girly February 11th, 2008 2:10 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad_Druid (Post 4917817)
Eoin Colfer has confirmed that the book will be named Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox.

Colfer has also stated that the two siblings of Artemis Fowl are both boys, with the names Myles and Beckett, but had earlier stated that he had been leaning toward Jonathan and Finian.

Colfer has stated that the action will take place in Finland, Ireland and Morocco, and will involve a creature that has slept for millennia, more time travel, irritating younger twin brothers, and an evil hypno-therapist called Dr. Kronski.

Woah that's a lot of info that Colfer has revealed there! I guess I'm used intense secrecy prior to a book release like with HP. I'm not pleased with the title because like DeathlyH said above, time travel had already been done. But I have faith that Colfer won't repeat a similar storyline. It would be a real disappointment if he did.

Mad_Druid February 19th, 2008 4:41 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mina_Harker (Post 4924689)
Anyway, I think the characters are very well written and Foaly and Holly are probably my favorites.

Besides Artie, Foaly would have to be my favourite character. I just love that tinfoil hat!

carino February 21st, 2008 1:06 am

Raven, he actually said a lot more. Here's all that I know.
Major spoiler warning..

Title=Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox
-Angeline Fowl is dying.
-The one thing that will save her is the brain fluid of an extinct animal.
-Artemis fowl killed this animal 5 years ago, and goes back in time to stop himself from killing it.
- We'll find out more about Holly, her mother and the Hamburg Incident.
-Section 8 have merged with the LEP.
-One villian comes back - but it's a twist.
-The new bad guys are called the The Extinctionists. They are humans who believe in the supremacy of the human race, and come into contact with the faries.
-Foaly is married.
-No 1 comes back - Artemis needs him to time travel.

Ha, I do love that about Foaly. He's so paranoid that it's adorable. I also really like Opal.
I don't think there's really many characters I actually dislike, though No1 was a bit annoying sometimes...

darkchild February 21st, 2008 7:04 am

Quote:

-Foaly is married

lol wut?:err:

I'm looking forward to july 15, the fourth book was a bit of a disappointment but I really liked the fifth one. Glad to see No 1 will be returning, he was cute, but I am a bit worried about the plot. Time traveling can be a tricky business, I hope Eoin doesn't write himself into a, er, paradox.

carino February 25th, 2008 2:32 am

Really? I loved the fourth book! I thought it was fantastic; it's probably one of my favorites.
And I thought that No1 got kind of annoying sometimes. I guess he was an okay character, but I wish he wouldn't be returning.
Worried? I think that Eoin can probably do it.

SnowyOwl36 March 25th, 2008 4:29 am

Ahhh! Artemis Fowl is awesome. :blush:
The 6th book is coming out in May, 2008; it's called the Time Paradox.

GrangerHermione March 26th, 2008 1:40 am

I tried to read an Artemis Fowl book twice but I never got very far. I guess it just doesn't interest me very much. :shrug:

Artemis_Fowl_2 March 26th, 2008 3:52 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrangerHermione (Post 4967998)
I tried to read an Artemis Fowl book twice but I never got very far. I guess it just doesn't interest me very much. :shrug:

The books hooked me from the very beginning so if you weren't hooked it must not be your cup of tea.

Voldemorts8thHorcrux March 27th, 2008 12:56 am

The first book wasn't too interesting when I read it the first time like a few years ago, but now i regret not having it, now that I like criminal characters more, so much more interesting :p

HarryPotterLover May 10th, 2008 2:37 am

I am glad to hear there is a new one coming soon.
I just re-read the whole series and I still love them all!

Raven_Girly May 14th, 2008 3:45 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkchild (Post 4934579)
I'm looking forward to july 15, the fourth book was a bit of a disappointment but I really liked the fifth one. .

I'm the opposite - I loved the fourth book and was disappointed by the fifth. I'll probably do another reread soon, before the sixth book comes out. I haven't actually read the fifth book again since the first time I read it (which was a while ago now!).

darkchild May 19th, 2008 8:09 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven_Girly (Post 5024560)
I'm the opposite - I loved the fourth book and was disappointed by the fifth. I'll probably do another reread soon, before the sixth book comes out. I haven't actually read the fifth book again since the first time I read it (which was a while ago now!).

I had such high expectations after the third book, I think that's why I didn't like it that much. I was a bit dissappointed with how Colfer handled Artemis loss of memory, I would have wanted something...oh, I don't know, different. I should give it another try though, I might like it better the second time around. I remember not liking the first book either the first time I read it, and now it's my favourite.

haiya227 May 28th, 2008 6:02 am

You people looking forward to The Time Paradox?

BurrowGhoul May 28th, 2008 4:21 pm

Yes!

Artemis_Fowl_2 June 2nd, 2008 7:42 pm

Definitely! And July 15th doesn't seem that far off...

Raven_Girly June 3rd, 2008 11:56 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkchild (Post 5030803)
I had such high expectations after the third book

I see why. The third remains my favourite book fo the series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by haiya227 (Post 5039380)
You people looking forward to The Time Paradox?

I am, but I'm not as psyched as I used to get about the release of a new book. The last book was a bit of a disappointment to me so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. Not long to go now! :)

haiya227 June 5th, 2008 5:15 am

Yeah I agree that the Eternity Code was the best. It seemed so much more real and sad. I found last book to be not as good. I just didn't like n01 that much.

Sheree June 6th, 2008 4:57 am

I am so excited about the new book coming out! So far, I have loved every single one of them, but I really love No1. I know that some people find him annoying, but I find him endearing in the same way I find Dobby endearing - he's just so sweet!
:love: