Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   A year in the life of a Hogwarts student (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   Challenge Ten: DADA Class (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=132165)

Professor Dumbledore April 8th, 2013 10:46 am

Challenge Ten: DADA Class

During Professor Lupin's teaching spell at Hogwarts he created obstacle course for the O.W.L. exam. While all of you are still first years we do want to test your progress.

This will be your final challenge. No we don't expect you to perish in this challenge but since the forum is closing we think ten challenges a nice round number.

The task:

Create your own obstacle course with mishaps, dangers etc.

Either visual, written or both.

Written: up to 1500 words
Visual: max 500x500 and up to 150kb but you may enter as many images as you want. You may include text.

Requirements
  • Pick your DADA teacher
  • Use at four different spells
  • Show off your knowledge of creatures
  • You can write it from any perspective you want but it should be on a first year student level.

Deadline: April 29th 11am GMT

Entries can be send to: SusanBones, RemusLupinFan (absent from April 11th-19th) or Hes

Questions/comments go here as always :)

Maelody April 8th, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: Challenge Ten: DADA Class

I don't think I remember anything about an obstacle course... It sounds interesting enough but I'm a bit confused. Do we write (if we choose to write) sort of like a summary of a course, or like we are a student going through the course? I'm completely lost on how to show it as an image... :/ Sorry!

SusanBones April 8th, 2013 5:02 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maelody (Post 6067107)
I don't think I remember anything about an obstacle course... It sounds interesting enough but I'm a bit confused. Do we write (if we choose to write) sort of like a summary of a course, or like we are a student going through the course? I'm completely lost on how to show it as an image... :/ Sorry!

There was an obstacle course that the third year students in Defense of the Dark Arts had to take for their final grade in the books. This story was in Prisoner of Azkaban and Professor Lupin created the obstacle course. :)

The people who want to participate in this challenge have to create an obstacle course that a student would have to take for their final grade in a first year Defense of the Dark Arts class. So the spells and dark creatures that a first year student learn about would be included in the obstacle course that you would create.

Your entry can be all description if you would like. You don't have to make any graphics unless you want to do it. You can create the obstacle course from the point of view of a professor who is writing the test for their students, from the student who has to go through the obstacle course, or from a third person perspective. It is up to you. :)

Pox Voldius April 9th, 2013 4:00 am

Then I suppose I'll have to time-travel my ickle firstie to a different year than the one I've been putting her in, as I can't really see Umbridge continuing Lupin's obstacle course in a way that would fulfill the challenge requirements... or the other professors making students take the obstacle course test following Umbridge's departure, knowing that she didn't teach anything that would have gotten said students through it.

Hes April 9th, 2013 8:42 am

Yeah with Umbridge the most you would allowed to do is probably a written test. Go ahead and transfer yourself if you must :)

ccollinsmith April 28th, 2013 4:27 pm

I really thought I'd be able to do this one since we were given so much time. But one of my 12-week semesters ends tomorrow, and I've been grading non-stop since this challenge was announced. Consequently, I didn't get even a spark of an idea for until yesterday... but now I have no time or energy left to complete it.

So once again, I think I'll have to opt out. :(

lupislune April 28th, 2013 4:31 pm

I'm looking forward to reading the entries! :D

Hes April 28th, 2013 5:38 pm

As of yet I've zero entries, so maybe we will extent.

ccollinsmith April 28th, 2013 6:18 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hes (Post 6069219)
As of yet I've zero entries, so maybe we will extent.

I would not complain if you did. :whistle:

Pox Voldius April 28th, 2013 11:11 pm

Well, as of now, I've also got nothing. I dunno, with the forums about to close, I'm just having trouble bringing myself to care much about finishing the contest. I really had been planning to put together an entry, but there's just no inspiration coming that seems worth the effort. :sigh:

ccollinsmith April 29th, 2013 7:03 am

The closing makes me more motivated to participate in the final official CoS contest challenge. I just have not had the time.

Hes April 29th, 2013 10:19 am

Well so far only one entry.

I'm extending till May 6th 11am GMT for those who do want to finish on a high but are stressed for time.

baseballblondie April 29th, 2013 4:02 pm

Thanks for the extension.

I know I've had fun with this contest and enjoyed creating a character to follow through a year at school.

ccollinsmith April 29th, 2013 5:41 pm

Thank you, Hes!

MmeBergerac April 29th, 2013 10:19 pm

Ooooooooooooooooooooh, thanks, Hes!

mirrormere April 30th, 2013 12:17 pm

Woohoo! More stories to read!

Verena May 9th, 2013 1:07 pm

I just voted, for the last time :upset:

Hes May 13th, 2013 10:57 am

One more day left to vote everyone!

ccollinsmith May 13th, 2013 5:12 pm

Already voted. :)

RikuStark May 14th, 2013 1:29 am

Thanks for the reminder! I almost forgot to vote.