Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Divination Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   How/why will Harry leave Privet Drive this time? (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=16539)

RyuKid July 14th, 2004 4:26 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammi
I don't think we'll ever see another summer that Harry spends entirely at the Dursleys. I think in book 6 he will probaly end up with ROn or the order. I doubt there will be an attack on HErmione's family, though we can't really be sure can we

Ya he is probably spend time with Ron, or the Order because Ron's mom said that she will try to get him out of there.
It won't be danger because he is protected from it because of his mothers blood (as told by Dumbledore).
Or there might be another wizard world event (like the Quiditch Cup), which he will go to see.

nabeel July 14th, 2004 4:30 am

I think that foronce Harry will have a peacfulsummer, picked up by Order members are then taken to 9 3/4

adamgnome July 14th, 2004 5:01 am

Something that will be interesting though; Petuina knows Harry saved Dudlys life...Because she knows about Dementors. I wonder if that will affect her treatment towards Harry... I mean Dudly is in debt to Harry now anyways.

Ana-Magus July 14th, 2004 5:10 am

I think it will be Harry's conscious. How can Harry stay on Privet Drive knowing that his friends (his whole world) are under attack by Voldemort. After Dumbledore dropped the prophecy in his lap and them put him on the train back to the Dursley's - this will be heavy on his mind. He understands that he is the one who can end it all.... I know this would drive me insane....

Gwenog Jones July 14th, 2004 5:15 am

I think someone from the Order will come and get him. They all know that he is grieving over Sirius's death, and I doubt they would make him stay somewhere he is unhappy for too long.

poirot July 14th, 2004 5:19 am

wbp9999 i ablsolutely love your quotes! i love catch-22!!!

i think it would be cool if harry went back to grimmauld place. he definately needs to confront his grief and anger at sirius' death. going to sirius' house and looking at all the old remnants of his godfather's life would accomplish that, believe me. and getting over all that sadness, although not forgetting it, would make it so he can still function and try to accomplish things (unlike at the end of 5), plus jkr said that his stay at privet drive would be the shortest yet.

Liv4Sirius July 14th, 2004 5:23 am

I think Sirius' death may have mellowed Harry to an extent. Now I think Harry realizes the real threats involved when dealing with the whole war between good and evil. So I Harry will willingly stay at the Dursleys until maybe the day or week before School starts back because now he's aware of the protection. Also, I don't think much will be going on with the Order in the beggining and now that Harry knows everything he won't be as sheltered from information at the Dursleys

poirot July 14th, 2004 5:47 am

i agree that sirius' death may have a silver lining. before he was a little cavalier about facing voldemort, because he had gotten away from him three times. now he knows the risks, and he'll be a little more cautious and level-headed next time.

filius July 14th, 2004 1:11 pm

I think the Order will move somewhere else again because of Kreacher. There will probably be another advanced guard. Another garden contest :)? Or maybe the cleanest kitchen award ;). Wow, the Dursleys are so gullible!

daalig July 14th, 2004 1:17 pm

`We'll see you soon, mate,' said Ron anxiously, shaking Harry's hand.
`Really soon, Harry' said Hermione earnestly. `We promise.'

Hermione seems to have Plans to make it a short Holiday at the Dursley's. Unless something bad happens I'm sure she'll stick to her promise. Unless Ron and Hermione is coming to stay at the Dursley's. lol, that would be a nice sight to see

SnapesProdigy July 14th, 2004 3:11 pm

whichever the case, I believe Harry will be collected from Privet Drive. He will not risk putting himself in danger...after the death of sirius, he is going to realise he has to rein in his emotions if he is to stand any chance against Voldemort. Maybe he might be removed for extra training or simply to assist him in overcoming his grief more quickly. It is also possible, of course, that the wards at Privet Drive might fall once he reaches his 16th birthday...just a thought. Something or other might cause the protective wards to come down. Maybe he might have to leave for the reading of Sirius' Will or for his funeral? Who knows. But I do not think he will be returning to Grimmauld place this time. For some reason, I believe he might end up at Hogwarts for the remainder of Summer.

WhoAmI July 14th, 2004 8:57 pm

Quote:

For some reason, I believe he might end up at Hogwarts for the remainder of Summer.
Hmmm, wouldn't that be interesting? Dunno how likely it is, but interesting still. We could see just what the teachers do when they aren't teaching if they are there year-round. Also, I seem to remember something (in an interview with JKR I think) about some of the Hogwart's teachers being married or having families, but that information was kept restricted for some reason. Perhaps we could find out who's married... McGonagall? Flitwick? Dumbledore? Snape?!?

DuFF July 15th, 2004 12:14 am

I don't think this has been mentioned in this thread, but Rowling gave a quote a little while ago at the World Book Day Interview that said:
Quote:

Adele: Will poor Harry be stuck at the Dursleys' all next summer?
JK Rowling replies -> Not all summer, no. In fact, he has the shortest stay in Privet Drive so far.
What could cause his summer to be so short?

As we read in GoF, Voldemort is no longer affected by the old magic (dying out of love) that Lily had put on Harry before she died. This is because Harry's blood was used to bring Voldemort back. Now that this has happened, perhaps he has no protection under Aunt Petunia anymore?

Maybe this will cause either a death eater, or even Voldemort himself to come to Privet Drive. But I'm sure there will be a guard around there. Maybe once they see how unsafe it is they will have to bring him to Grimmauld Place?

Well thats my theory. What do you guys think could cause Harry's summer to be so short?

xray July 15th, 2004 2:00 am

This is a coming of age story. What are we missing so far in coming of age? Harry will get a summer job! He's going to work in Fred & George's joke shop :)

To do this he'll take out a room in the Leaky Cauldron for the summer or stay at 12GP and commute daily to number 93, Diagon Alley.

xray

TerrierMom July 15th, 2004 2:12 am

Even if Petunia and Dudley might well be kinder to Harry, I can't see Uncle Vernon doing it too. I think he will be horrid to Harry once again, and the OOTP will arrive to show him they meant what they said and to take Harry away.

dracoman July 15th, 2004 2:35 am

[quote=Auror77]People have talked about this but I'm sure no one's posted about it yet. But do any of you guys think that something "chaotic" will occur or some type of event will drive Harry out of Privet Drive. What I mean is, how you think Harry will get back to the wizarding wrld? In book2, the Weasley boys drove him out; book3, he ran away from Privet and escaped on a Knight bus; book4, Weasleys came and got him; book5, he was taken to Gp12 by Order members. Do you think he will be picked up again or something terrible will happen that will make Harry leave. Some people have said there might be an attack on the Granger family that will make Harry want to go help them. I seriously doubt this, but if something like this DID happen, I figure it would be a trap by Voldemort to lure Harry to him. :scared:[/Q
actually i think that the weasley's will come and take him again because in the end of the fifth book ron says that they will have him out of the dursleys soon real soon. :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerrierMom
Even if Petunia and Dudley might well be kinder to Harry, I can't see Uncle Vernon doing it too. I think he will be horrid to Harry once again, and the OOTP will arrive to show him they meant what they said and to take Harry away.

i agree with you totally that petunia will be nicer to harry but i am not sure if Uncle Vernon will let dudley like him but it may be true but i am not sure. if vernon did end up liking harry then he would have gone completely wack!!! :tu: :td:

uc0n July 15th, 2004 5:00 am

Since it is definite that this will be harry's shortest stay at privite drive i think the something dealing with the Order might take him to 12-Gr. Possibilly an invitation to join OotP, I mean after the OWL's he can do magic outside of school and he has probibly faced LV one on one more than anyone but DD. Or JKR could use the time he's away to give some history on his parents and his family tree, like possibly the discovory of his fathers side of the family?

http://interactive.mugglenet.com/banners/hrbanner.gif
http://interactive.mugglenet.com/banners/gfbanner.gif

DayVirgo July 15th, 2004 5:22 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuFF
As we read in GoF, Voldemort is no longer affected by the old magic (dying out of love) that Lily had put on Harry before she died. This is because Harry's blood was used to bring Voldemort back. Now that this has happened, perhaps he has no protection under Aunt Petunia anymore?

Maybe this will cause either a death eater, or even Voldemort himself to come to Privet Drive. But I'm sure there will be a guard around there. Maybe once they see how unsafe it is they will have to bring him to Grimmauld Place?

Actually, I think that Voldemort can still be affected by the old magic. Remember when Harry thought of what it would be like to be reunited with Sirius at the end of OotP? Voldemort left his body as a result of the emotion he felt about it. I think that the old magic is still there, just Harry needs to learn how to use it to the best of his ability.

As for Privet Drive, I don't think, even with guards, that a DE or Voldemort could find it. I actually kind of think that there is a secrete keeper as to where Harry lives (like Dumbledore). It would make sense why no one has gone after him so far.

Floria July 15th, 2004 5:39 am

I really and truly think that, as this war is heating up, Harry's stay at Privet Drive will be so short because there will be an attack.

It would make me really happy if another Evans sister existed and JKR had her storm in on the Dursley's at dinner, scare the daylights out of Petunia, and take Harry back to Grimmauld Place (and her name would be Violet...hehehe).

However, I don't think this is at all likely (it'd make for some great fanfiction, though...). I'm hedging my bets on an attack of some sort (though probably not by Voldemort himself; he'll send his minions).

Poledra July 15th, 2004 6:42 am

If I recall, Bellatrix Lestrange and Peter Pettigrew are the only Death Eaters not locked up in Azkaban. Unless you think Lucius knows a "useless muggle skill" like picking locks, it will take a little bit of time before he's released, especially now that the Ministry has its eyes open to the rebirth of Voldemort.

I don't see Bella or Peter showing up at Number 4 Privet Drive. Harry has too much of a vendetta against the two of them, and they fear death just as much as Voldemort does. Bella may consider Harry a baby, but she's come to the realization that he's not as weak as she thought.

It is more likely that something rather unexpected will occur that will draw Harry away. It may be an attack of some sort, but not at Privet Drive. It may be a funeral. It may be simply an invitation to come join Hermione and Ron for the majority of the summer holiday.

In any case, Harry will be leaving before his birthday; the shortest stay at Number 4 Privet Drive yet.

filius July 15th, 2004 11:17 am

I think Harry will HAVE to stay at the Dursleys even if for a very short time. If not, DD would have let him stay at Hogwarts the last time he asked him. But i think the hint Hermione gave to Harry at the end of OotP in the train station was intentionally there to show that, as JK has said, Harry will have his shorteset stay at Privet Drive.

winky weasley July 15th, 2004 7:29 pm

OK. I read this thread last night and spent a long time coming up with what I think will happen. Here's my theory:

Harry and Petunia have a long involved conversation explaining alot and giving us vital background. Uncle Vernon comes home. About an hour or so later Voldemort (or a DE) shows up at the house. Kills Petunia, Vernon and Dudley. Harry runs out of the house to find Mrs. Figg so she can contact DD or the Order for help, she meets him in the middle of the street and they run to her backyard where there is Lupin and a portkey waiting for them. They are almost there when Voldemort comes up behind them. Mrs. Figg pushes Harry toward Lupin and turns around and does something and we find out that she has magical powers afterall.

Harry and Lupin end up at Lupin's house (whereever that is) which is now the new Order HQ's since they don't trust Kracher anymore. There he is reunited with Ron, Hermonie and the Weasley's.

I have no clue how long after he returns home this would be, but that is my theory. I think Mrs. FIgg will turn up to be the one with magical powers and save Harry. She'll end up stalled Voldemort long enough for Lupin and Harry to get away and then, unfortunately, she will probably be killed.

So, what do you think?

Addition to original theory:

Maybe Mrs. Figg gets Harry and takes him to Lupin in the backyard because they know of impending danger and they just get going on the portkey when Voldemort showed up at 4 Privet Drive. He still kills the family because he believes they are hiding Harry and then searches the house. But before she dies, Petunia does some kind of magic trying to protect Dudley or Mrs. Figg?

DerHalfBlood July 15th, 2004 8:19 pm

I think several events are going to occur to drive Harry out of Privet Drive in Book 6. I don't think Voldemort himself is going to show up, but a Death Eater (or 2) or some other type of creature on Voldemort's side is going to make an attack near Privet Drive. Petunia is going to "find she has magic late in life" as we know one character will and protect Harry and her family. Harry is gonna be taken immediately following this and possibly the Dursley's will need to go into hiding. If Petunia had magical powers now, then I'm not sure if she'd pursue further or of it'd just be a one time thing for protection of her family.

the kryle July 15th, 2004 9:01 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliweasley
1) if Harry spends the whole summer at the Dursley's- which could be very interesting- he will hve a lot of help and support from his friends.

i dont think he could get much support from his friends since they probley wont be sending many letters, in fear that it might get intercepted by voldy.

red_fairy July 16th, 2004 5:13 am

He has to stay there for at least a couple weeks to keep the magic working. Personally, I think that he will stay for a long chunk, and hopefully we will find out how Petunia knows so much, when she shunned Lily. Of course, I'd expect information like that near the end, not the beggining.

The Dementors could come again. They had already stopped working with the ministry and joined Voldemort in the middle of OotP. But that would be the same thing happening again two books in a row.

I don't think that it could be a Deatheater because if Voldemort can't get there, then the Death Eaters definitly cannot find Harry on Privet Drive.

FredWeasleyJr July 16th, 2004 5:23 am

dont forget in book 1 hagrid came and rescued him i think that in book 6 harry mite actually stay the entire time or maybe it mite be the last tim he goes there...perhaps because LV can touch him now the love thing wont work nemore

rosii July 16th, 2004 5:50 am

no jk already said somewhere that harry has the shortest stay at privet drive, and hermione doing the hinting strikes me as if harry is going to her house maybe to get away from the magical world for a while to protect him

Lavender Brown July 16th, 2004 6:49 am

I think the attack on the Grangers is not at all a far fetched idea. Not so much the parents (cause Harry doesn't know them) but on Hermione. The death eaters are trying to lure Harry out, and what better way then to attack the people most important to him after Sirius, and Ron is better protected then Hermione because he is surrounded by wizards.

Cheezewiz_911 July 16th, 2004 7:16 am

It's probably because he will be of age next year and he will take his apparation test. He ether stays long enough so the magic will still work and go take the apparation test, or he will take the apparation test while he is at the dursleys and once it is ok for him to leave he will just apparate away.

Remus Black July 19th, 2004 1:17 am

I think he'll stay as long as he can because he is safe there, which is what Dumbledore wants. Possibly an attack could drive him out, but since DD said he's safe there... :huh:

cajitasazules August 8th, 2004 6:20 pm

Just thought I would through this idea out (not sure if it has been mentioned here/other threads):

Thought this would make an interesting plot twist type scenario. By whatever protection is on Harry he must spend a least 1 day with the Dursleys because of the blood tie. If the Dursleys were killed before Harry's return from Hogwarts at the end of the 6th year, he won't be able to have his one day with them and thus lifting the protection, making him more vulnerable for the presumed fight with Voldemort at the end of Book 7. It would add to the suspense and make the outcome much more interesting.

kaz August 8th, 2004 8:19 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammi
I don't think we'll ever see another summer that Harry spends entirely at the Dursleys. I think in book 6 he will probaly end up with ROn or the order. I doubt there will be an attack on HErmione's family, though we can't really be sure can we

Please DOnt TAlk like a CHILd.

I think that also, we will not see him or maybe here very much about the Dursleys again, which I feel a shame because it gave a nice welcome to the start of the book adding some humour to it :blush: Nontheless, the Dark Lord will never find Harry at Privet Drive, Why? Dumbledore is the secret keeper, unless he spills the beans :cool:

atherella August 8th, 2004 8:28 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaz
Please DOnt TAlk like a CHILd.

I think that also, we will not see him or maybe here very much about the Dursleys again, which I feel a shame because it gave a nice welcome to the start of the book adding some humour to it :blush: Nontheless, the Dark Lord will never find Harry at Privet Drive, Why? Dumbledore is the secret keeper, unless he spills the beans :cool:

Voldemort already knows where #4 Privet Drive is. From GoF (American edition page 657)

Quote:

DD invoked an ancient magic, to ensure the boy's preotection as long as he is in his relations' care. Not even I can touch him there...
LV has spies in the MoM, where they keep records of where all witches and wizards live. Remember wanting to check the records on Mrs. Figgs to see if she was registered as living near Harry. I don't believe I've ever read that DD is the secret keeper for the Dursley's, only the Order. Did I miss something, or do you have anything that says DD is secret keeper for the Durselys?

Credo Buffa August 8th, 2004 8:36 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by legallybrunette
Just thought I would through this idea out (not sure if it has been mentioned here/other threads):

Thought this would make an interesting plot twist type scenario. By whatever protection is on Harry he must spend a least 1 day with the Dursleys because of the blood tie. If the Dursleys were killed before Harry's return from Hogwarts at the end of the 6th year, he won't be able to have his one day with them and thus lifting the protection, making him more vulnerable for the presumed fight with Voldemort at the end of Book 7. It would add to the suspense and make the outcome much more interesting.

Whoa, that's a scary thought, but very true! If Voldemort ever figures out that it's all he has to do to make Harry vulnerable, I bet he'd take the first chance he had to get the Dursleys! Now you've frightened me, legallybrunette. Nice one. :scared:

nextsuperhero August 8th, 2004 8:42 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by legallybrunette

woah. maybe. does voldermort know about the significance of the dursleys? If he didn't the second he found out he'd be off to privit drive I would expect. but there must be more spells and enchatments securing harry's saftey.

well back to the Topic at hand, JKR did say that this would be harry's shortest summer with the dursleys. Somebody must come to get him. I can't see harry enjoying a summer at grimraud place aka sirius's house! it must be the burrow.

aggiefan1206 August 8th, 2004 8:51 pm

I dont know about the Death Eaters or Voldemort attacking the Dursleys in my opinion not a very good thing to do. Dumbledore has said that he watches harry more then he knows so i would say dumbledore will definatly not allow something like that to happen. I think he might leave early just because Harry needs to be in the wizarding world he is the only one that can kill voldemort he needs to know whats going on at all times. I also do think that petunia will start letting harry know some about her past mabe when vernon and dudley are away. Mabe he leaves because Petunia gets caught telling harry what she knows. I don tknow what could drive him out but i really dont see voldmort attacking unless he knows why harry lives with the muggles

RedHeadMama December 23rd, 2004 12:21 am

I don't think Privet dr will be attacked in the begging of book 6. I am pretty sure I heard that JK said he left for a happier reason. Apperiating test, maybe a birthday party, something good. not something bad like an attack anywhere

Snidget66 December 23rd, 2004 1:23 am

JK said it was a good reason and not a trial or anything.

Selene Sedai December 23rd, 2004 2:48 am

I think he'll be invited to something.. like a Wizards concert or something else by either Ron or Hermione. Sorta like what happened with the Quiditch World Cup in the fourth book... exept that it happens earlier in this one (second chapter maybe?)

moonfire330 December 23rd, 2004 3:00 am

[quote=winky weasley]Harry and Petunia have a long involved conversation explaining alot and giving us vital background. Uncle Vernon comes home. About an hour or so later Voldemort (or a DE) shows up at the house. Kills Petunia, Vernon and Dudley. So, what do you think?QUOTE]

But JKrowling said that Harry will be leaving his aunt and uncle's house because of good reasons, not bad.

Ankaa December 23rd, 2004 3:17 am

I agree with the idea that something good will happen to Harry over the summer. JK said that it was something "pleasant" anyway. So I'm guessing it's either an event, like the Quidditch Cup (probably not because JK isn't redundant) with Ron and Hermione. Or maybe something related to Quidditch or apparition. It couldn't be birthday-related though because his birthday is late, and according to JK, he has his shortest stay at Privet Drive in this book.

Selene Sedai December 24th, 2004 5:40 am

Maybe... training? for the upcoming war and his fight with Voldemort...

He could be relocated to Godric's Hollow (i think thats where the Gryffindor adult crowd goes in the summer including the teachers. a sort of sanctuary for them...) and be trained by variouse Order members or some of Dumbledore's other friends who aren't in the Order. They could maybe dropp by and teach him a thing or to (including aparation and disaparation?) and then go off on their Order business. That way he could be all caught up with the Order's goings on. He could also see the place where his house used to be before Voldemort attacked him and destroyed it.

aggiefan1206 December 24th, 2004 5:51 am

It will be something happier then last time. Mabe Dumbldore will have some things to discuss with him before term starts. Or mabe he will just get to spend time with the weasleys. I guess we will se in 7 months

headlessnick December 24th, 2004 5:54 am

In an interview J.K.Rowling says that harry will be leaving dursleys for a good reason. could this mean returning of Sirius?

I know I'am talking silly, that Sirius is dead but I still doubt or rather hope the above could be true.

drdementor December 24th, 2004 10:12 am

I think that Harry will leave early to go to Bill and Fleur's wedding (or maybe to Hagrid's and Madame Maxime's). Jo has said he leaves for a much more pleasant reason than a trial, and that he has the shortest stay ever at the Dursley's. June weddings are very popular, so maybe Harry will just be home a couple of weeks before leaving for such a wedding! That would be great for him, because he could have something happy to think about. Of course, he might compare the wedding to his parents' and remember how Sirius was laughing at their wedding, but I think it would also make him happy to celebrate. Additionally, if he leaves in June, he can celebrate his birthday with friends for the first time in his life.

haha December 24th, 2004 10:35 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by winky weasley
OK. I read this thread last night and spent a long time coming up with what I think will happen. Here's my theory:

Harry and Petunia have a long involved conversation explaining alot and giving us vital background. Uncle Vernon comes home. About an hour or so later Voldemort (or a DE) shows up at the house. Kills Petunia, Vernon and Dudley. Harry runs out of the house to find Mrs. Figg so she can contact DD or the Order for help, she meets him in the middle of the street and they run to her backyard where there is Lupin and a portkey waiting for them. They are almost there when Voldemort comes up behind them. Mrs. Figg pushes Harry toward Lupin and turns around and does something and we find out that she has magical powers afterall.

Harry and Lupin end up at Lupin's house (whereever that is) which is now the new Order HQ's since they don't trust Kracher anymore. There he is reunited with Ron, Hermonie and the Weasley's.

I have no clue how long after he returns home this would be, but that is my theory. I think Mrs. FIgg will turn up to be the one with magical powers and save Harry. She'll end up stalled Voldemort long enough for Lupin and Harry to get away and then, unfortunately, she will probably be killed.

So, what do you think?

Addition to original theory:

Maybe Mrs. Figg gets Harry and takes him to Lupin in the backyard because they know of impending danger and they just get going on the portkey when Voldemort showed up at 4 Privet Drive. He still kills the family because he believes they are hiding Harry and then searches the house. But before she dies, Petunia does some kind of magic trying to protect Dudley or Mrs. Figg?

This is an interesting theory but i'm questioning it simply because jk mentioned that this time Harry would leave the Dursley's for a much HAPPIER reason than before, and this sort of seems to morbid. I simply thought that Harry's short stay was because he was taken to spent most of the holidays with Ron and the Order, and I actually believe that he may stating some of his 'training' for when he has to fight LV (this is being discussed in divinations). That seems pretty bland compared to yours but you have to admit its happier :)

fire_angel December 24th, 2004 10:43 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by haha
This is an interesting theory but i'm questioning it simply because jk mentioned that this time Harry would leave the Dursley's for a much HAPPIER reason than before, and this sort of seems to morbid.

haha's right. Jk did say Harry will leave the Dursleys for a more enjoyable activity. I personally think he'll go to the Burrow as usual. But what if this year he will be an exchange student? Just a theory...

Paul December 24th, 2004 10:52 am

I think that he will go and visit Hermione at her house, then head to the burrow to see Ron.

ttb December 25th, 2004 12:40 pm

What about a...

Ive thought about this one, what about if he attends a Wizard wedding, like maybe Percy and Pennelope? Just a thought but i was also thinking that he might actually get to see Hermiones house for the first time.

Alhanalasa December 25th, 2004 2:44 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing the "happier" reason that Harry leaves Privet Drive. I love the idea of a wizard wedding, but I doubt we'll see Percy and Penelope get together that quickly into the book. Percy hadn't mended the rift with his family as of the end of OotP, that we know of. It would seem a little sudden to have a big enough wedding that Harry would be invited.

I love the idea of Harry getting a summer job, too, but since money is the last thing he has to worry about, I don't really see that happening either.

Certainly nothing like an attack on Privet Drive or anywhere else, since that wouldn't be a "happier reason than a trial".

My own pet theory has to do with the chapter titles that JKR released. The second chapter is called "Spinners End". I think that has to do with where the Evans sisters grew up, and that Harry goes there and learns more about Lily.We know we won't see much of the Dursleys, but that doesn't mean we can't find out a lot more about Lily, and there are some huge questions still to be answered, such as the significance of her and Harry's green eyes. I'd like to see someone (possibly Lupin or even the Weasleys) take Harry there.

Diary December 25th, 2004 5:10 pm

Whatvdo you think might drive harry out of Privet Drive again

I think Sirius made a will that said something like harry gets to own Grimmauld place and the order needs to have his permission to use it.

pegoheart144 December 26th, 2004 4:22 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttb
Ive thought about this one, what about if he attends a Wizard wedding, like maybe Percy and Pennelope? Just a thought but i was also thinking that he might actually get to see Hermiones house for the first time.

From the time Jo said that Harry would leave Privet Drive for a happy reason I thought it could be one of two things.

1. He leaves to celebrate his birthday complete with a party

or

2. He leaves to attend a wedding. But I think it's more likely to be Bill Weasley and Fleur DeLacour since Percy had not mended fences with his family at the end of OoTP.

Trisha December 26th, 2004 8:27 am

A wedding -- what a lovely idea! And it gives Hermione another reason to get dressed up and dazzle the boys (come on now, you know she can!)
Hmmm... does visiting Privet Drive mean that the Dursleys have to be there, too? They may have taken an extended lease on that rustic island getaway from the first book.

Auror Fett December 26th, 2004 9:50 pm

Funny, I started this thread like a year ago before the 'more enjoyable reason' came up in a interview but yet this thread leaves on lol. Anyway, some people mention that there may be a wedding for Percy and Penelope. Of course it's possible, but I don't see it happening in my crystal ball. Do we even know if Percy and Penelope are still a couple? I don't believe it's mentioned anywhere in OotP about things between them?

BeNice2Aragog December 29th, 2004 6:04 am

Term ends late in June. Harry's O.W.L.S arrive sometime in July. Dumbledore sees that Harry and the D.A. members all got Outstanding scores in DADA and hires Harry as the new DADA teacher. Harry leaves for Hogwarts to begin preparing the curriculum OR Harry is asked to help the less fortunate 5th/6th year students catch up with their studies.

Not as happy as a wedding, but feasible.

enjoi December 29th, 2004 9:20 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeNice2Aragog
Term ends late in June. Harry's O.W.L.S arrive sometime in July. Dumbledore sees that Harry and the D.A. members all got Outstanding scores in DADA and hires Harry as the new DADA teacher. Harry leaves for Hogwarts to begin preparing the curriculum OR Harry is asked to help the less fortunate 5th/6th year students catch up with their studies.

Not as happy as a wedding, but feasible.

Haha, brilliant. Well... since JK isn't in the mood of repeating concepts I guess we could rule out a birthday celebration from the second book.

The third book basically ruled out leaving in anger, which JK has already clarified will not happen :cool:

The fourth book showed the Weasleys making an entrance.... hmmm... well, I supposed that the second and fourth were dim repetitions but for certainly different reasons. This leaves way that perhaps the Weasleys could make yet another entrance

The fifth showed "powerful rescueing" figures coming to his house. So I don't think we'll have anyone of great power in need to transport Harry to safety.

Wow... so.... I actually support the OWL theory. I don't believe in a wedding or anything due to Harry actually getting an "invitation" which would lead back to book 2.

Ok, enough blabbing, I believe in the O.W.L. theory in which the Weasleys will come and take him to a party or such. My two cents.

Snax212 December 29th, 2004 9:41 am

I love the OWL theory, but I doubt that will happen. I think it will be some sort of a party or perhaps Harry feels its time for him to take a trip, so he goes and travels, I doubt it, but ya never know. :D

hermy_weasley2 December 29th, 2004 9:50 am

I like the ide of him leaving for Bill and Fleur's wedding, but I got Quidditch Through the Ages for Christmas. It mentions the Museum of Quidditch in London. Is it posssible that the Weasleys could take Harry there in an attempt to cheer him up?

I haven't read this whole thread, so sorry if that's already been mentioned.

dementorsekiss December 29th, 2004 9:55 am

I think maybe petunia would say something really bad about Harry's parents which will eventually drive him mad..

hermy_weasley2 December 29th, 2004 9:57 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dementorsekiss
I think maybe petunia would say something really bad about Harry's parents which will eventually drive him mad..

That could happen, but JKR has already said that Harry will be leaving for much more pleasant reasons than he did in book 5 with the trial and all.

JessicaH December 29th, 2004 10:09 am

Short summer

I am one of those who believes there will be an attack on Privet Drive, however this will not be in the sixth book. After all as already mentioned JKR has herself said that Harry will leave the house for a pleasant reason. As for those who think that Harry will stay all summer, she has also said that Harry's stay with the Dursleys will be his shortest one yet, wich means less than four weeks.

Paul December 29th, 2004 10:20 am

I think that Harry will leave to go and visit Hermione at her house, before heading to the Order, after all we havn't really even met Hermiones parents yet, something I am sure we will do before theh end of the series.

noodle December 29th, 2004 9:59 pm

I don't know if this has been brought up, and I admit it's a little (ok, a lot) far-fetched, but I just had this thought... Jo said that this time Harry will leave Privet Drive for a good reason right? So I was thinking that maybe - get ready for it - Bill and Fleur will get married!!! lol
It probably won't happen, and I can see no actual clues in the books that support this other than the fact that Bill and Fleur are dating, or should I say having "private English lessons" together ;) but who knows? It might just happen!

Meldy December 30th, 2004 12:11 am

I think Harry will leave the dursley early (chapter 2 cause the first one will be a flashback). Harry will go with the order. I don´t know if it will be grimmauld place now that Sirius is...eh..."gone"

katie December 30th, 2004 8:30 pm

I reckon it will be something to do with the Weasleys (there are so many of them how could it not be :p ). Maybe Fred and George are forced to present Mrs. Weasley with the investor of their joke shop and they use it as an excuse to get Harry away from the Dursleys? Okay, not very likely I know but still I think it would be funny - imagine Mrs Weasley realizing Harry started the twins' shop off!

Jenni Radcliffe December 30th, 2004 9:53 pm

Occlumency

I think it will be to take Occlumency lessons from Dumbeldore.
I mean, think about it. Harry has the one thing Voldemort needs... the prophecy (well the memory) and he is likekly to invade his thoughts again to aqquire it. I think Dumbeldore will take him from Privet drive so they can continue Occlumency so Harry won't b e so vulnerable to Voldemort.
That's just my thoughts, though.

popping corn December 30th, 2004 10:00 pm

i like the bill and fleur idea, but i really have no idea what is going to happen.
i agree that harry will be getting occlumency lessons, but i dont think it will be in the beginning of the book
i think that the harry teaching idea is a bit farfetched but nice nontheless.

Jenni Radcliffe December 30th, 2004 11:50 pm

I think the Harry teaching idea is far-fetched, and I do like the Bill and Fluer idea, but I don't know

chupachup07 December 30th, 2004 11:54 pm

I've been thinking it may have something to do with Vernon kicking Harry out. at the same time, I doubt he would go against Petunia's wishes. I've been thinking also, what if Petunia really does have some magic in her. Perhaps that would have something to do with Harry leaving.

katie December 31st, 2004 10:11 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by chupachup07
I've been thinking it may have something to do with Vernon kicking Harry out. at the same time, I doubt he would go against Petunia's wishes. I've been thinking also, what if Petunia really does have some magic in her. Perhaps that would have something to do with Harry leaving.

There are lots of threads concerning Petunia being a witch (I can't be bothered to do a search), I myself don't think she is one though. Also, I doubt Vernon would kick Harry out - he'd be scared of those "freaks" coming round. Good idea though :)

starutena January 3rd, 2005 9:25 am

I think Harry's summer will be like that of GoF, the Durselys are scared stiff of all those wizards. I would too if Mad Eye Moody threaten me. The Dursley's will generally behave around Harry, not neccessarily be nice but at least benign. He will leave on a pleasant note, Lupin etc will come to retrieve him and take him off to the Burrow or where ever. I think the ministry will be keeping a close watch on Privite Drive to ensure no Death Eater activities are present at all. Its the least they could do after being the worlds biggest gits for a year.

hollygo72 January 8th, 2005 2:20 am

Kind of off topic - but wouldn't it be hilarious if Hermione and Ron just showed up on Harry's doorstep and rang the doorbell like Muggles?

The Dursely's wouldn't know what to think. We've already had all kinds of wild arrivals - flying car, the knight bus, floo, armed guard... I mean, what next? I think Ron and Hermione showing up in a "normal" fashion would come as a shock to everyone.

Or the rest of the Order will be there too, dressed like Muggles, trying their hardest to behave properly. Moody's driving a mini-van. Honking the horn for everyone to hurry up.

"Oh Hello, we've come to pick up Harry."

son_jack January 8th, 2005 2:29 am

Well JKR said that he was leaving for a happy reason... and since everything else has already been suggested... I say he leaves because Dumbledoore thinks he deserves a break and sends him by broom to little 'ole New Zealand, where he spends his summer holdiay hanging out with sheep. Its worth a shot right? HAHA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollygo72
Kind of off topic - but wouldn't it be hilarious if Hermione and Ron just showed up on Harry's doorstep and rang the doorbell like Muggles?

The Dursely's wouldn't know what to think. We've already had all kinds of wild arrivals - flying car, the knight bus, floo, armed guard... I mean, what next? I think Ron and Hermione showing up in a "normal" fashion would come as a shock to everyone.

Or the rest of the Order will be there too, dressed like Muggles, trying their hardest to behave properly. Moody's driving a mini-van. Honking the horn for everyone to hurry up.

"Oh Hello, we've come to pick up Harry."

HAHA i loved this idea btw. can't you just imagine it? :rotfl:

DocHollidaywe January 8th, 2005 2:40 am

Perhaps a surprise sixteenth birthday party for him? Or maybe some kind of cool event like a Weird Sister concert?

MadMagic January 8th, 2005 2:52 am

I don't think Harry is entirely safe at Privet Drive, whatever charm Dumbledore may think is protecting him. I think it is possible that some DE could try to attack one of the Dursleys in order to get to Harry, thus causing someone from the Order to come and take Harry away for his and their safety.
Whatever it is, I expect it to filled with Drama and some priceless Durlesy moments.

Edit: I'm going to have to rethink this thought it seems. I just read an interview with JK where she said Harry will be leaving for due to circumstances more pleasant than a trial. I don't think DE attacks would qualify as more pleasant. :shrug:

Auror Fett January 8th, 2005 3:36 am

It would be funny if Harry left via the Order coming in by muggle attire. I can see Mad-Eye and Mundungus now, cruising up Privet Drive on motorcycles while Mr. Weasley hops in a wheelie on a bewitched mountain bike that has a lion roar as a horn. Hehe, wouldn't that drive the Durseleys up the ceiling seeing 'that lot' arriving to take Harry away for a possible birthday party lol.

Hedwig50 January 8th, 2005 4:18 am

If Harry is to leave Privet Drive early, and for a happy reason, I don't think it will involve Grimmauld Place, as that would be to hard for Harry to deal with so soon.

There are many good things that could happen though.
Maybe he will go off to visit with Hermione for a while. Then we will learn more about her mysterious home life and her parents.
Maybe he will be given Sirius's old Motorcycle, and he will learn to ride and fly it. That would be cool, and answer the question of where it has been all this time.
Maybe this really is the last time he has to stay at the Dursleys and Petunia finally comes clean with information of Lilly and James.

nivekllerttoc January 8th, 2005 5:37 pm

If you have been to JKR's site, she says in there that Harry will not be running away from the dursleys, but he will be leaving for a much nicer reason.

fairy_lightz January 8th, 2005 7:17 pm

i dont think he'll be drived from privat drive but will be taken away or choose to

Tane January 8th, 2005 7:37 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairy_lightz
i dont think he'll be drived from privat drive but will be taken away or choose to

I think Harry might be old enough to decide himself whether or not he wants to stay at Private Drive. The only problem with Harry choosing to go away from the Drusleys himself is the fact that it appears he might go back there at the end of HBP as JKR did say that the Drusleys would be back in book 7.

What and where could Harry go that would make him so happy after such a sad event, what if he was invited to go on holiday with the Weasleys this summer, a vacation to get away from it all?

pottergal880 January 8th, 2005 8:24 pm

well, jk said that at the beginning of book 6 harry will leave privet drive for a much pleasanter reason than a court case, so maybe he got lots of O.W.Ls and went to some kind of reward party? i dunno...but it's for sure that harry will be at the dursley's for less than four weeks
over and out!

andiimim January 11th, 2005 1:28 am

I for one feel that a wedding is possible but, unlikely. My guess is a bit more subtle but just as happy. I think that Hermiones parents will be throwing a party for her because she got 12 OWLs (or in her case 13 since she took one more extra class). However, since they are muggles and are kindof ignorant of the magic world, Molly will probibly offer the burrow for the celebration. That way the twins can enjoy themselves(setting off fireworks) without causing too much of an uproar in a muggle neighborhood. It would also set it up nicely for the trio to be together to discuss the order and Voldemort.

haha January 11th, 2005 1:38 am

Quote:

I for one feel that a wedding is possible but, unlikely. My guess is a bit more subtle but just as happy. I think that Hermiones parents will be throwing a party for her because she got 12 OWLs (or in her case 13 since she took one more extra class). However, since they are muggles and are kindof ignorant of the magic world, Molly will probibly offer the burrow for the celebration. That way the twins can enjoy themselves(setting off fireworks) without causing too much of an uproar in a muggle neighborhood. It would also set it up nicely for the trio to be together to discuss the order and Voldemort.
The throwing a party for Hermione seems like a good theory and it certainly is a much more pleasent reason than a court case :p but i'm just wondering if they would take them to the borrow? I mean maybe now that everyone knows LV is back in power, the Weasleys may stay in headquarters not only because it's safer but also to help out in the Order. Have they finished cleaning it up? It never really said in the books...unless i missed it, of course.

aragorn_iz_cool January 11th, 2005 1:56 am

I just came up with a theory that Harry would get and "E" in Potions, and McGonagall or Dumbledore will somehow force Snape to tutor him until he's up to "O" level, and that's why he'll leave so early.

Katy Kedevra January 11th, 2005 2:29 am

I kind of wish he would stay at Privet Drive for one full summer... now's as good a time as any.

SoXsirius January 11th, 2005 2:33 am

oo i can't wait to see how many owls he gets..i think it very well may be an owl party...i'd like to see more of hermoine's parents, i feel its muggle descrimination..haha j/king :)

DumblysArmy January 12th, 2005 5:20 pm

Maybe he gets to go play Quidditich for an International team or something. It would make up for missing all those game due to that cow...er Umbrige woman.

snuggle the muggle January 12th, 2005 5:27 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aragorn_iz_cool
I just came up with a theory that Harry would get and "E" in Potions, and McGonagall or Dumbledore will somehow force Snape to tutor him until he's up to "O" level, and that's why he'll leave so early.

Yeah, I could almost go for that. Except that JKR said it would be for a "pleasant reason" and I do not think that Harry would in any way, shape, or form consider being forced to hang out with Snape "pleasant!" Now for some of the sevages on the Snape-loving threads of this forum, that may be the case, but never for Harry.

Hectate January 12th, 2005 5:31 pm

I think Harry will be picked up and leave for either Grimmauld Place or Hermione's house. And there will most likely have a memorial service for Sirius and Harry would have to attend that.

laprincesamestiza January 12th, 2005 6:05 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedwig50
Maybe he will go off to visit with Hermione for a while. Then we will learn more about her mysterious home life and her parents.

JKR said that she was going to give Hermione a younger sister but it doesn't look likely that she'll put it in now - I take this to mean that we would be at home with the Grangers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedwig50
.Maybe he will be given Sirius's old Motorcycle, and he will learn to ride and fly it. That would be cool, and answer the question of where it has been all this time.

Hagrid's got it shurely! It's what he dropped Harry off in all those years ago. It's what I assumed anyway...

SpiriTOwnz January 12th, 2005 7:39 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by laprincesamestiza
JKR said that she was going to give Hermione a younger sister but it doesn't look likely that she'll put it in now - I take this to mean that we would be at home with the Grangers.

JKR will give a little girl to Hermione, from Harry.

Briar Filth January 12th, 2005 7:50 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiriTOwnz
JKR will give a little girl to Hermione, from Harry.

:wow: uh....

kem January 12th, 2005 9:35 pm

I think Harry will leave early probably just after he receives his OWLS results. I think he could be off with Ron and Hermione celebrating their results. Like the prefect party Mrs Weasley gave in OOTP. Although I'm sure Harry would just be too aware that Sirius is not there to enjoy it - Unless he 'magically' reapears........ Sorry I can dream, cant I :whistle:

melusinafairy January 12th, 2005 9:47 pm

I think that he will leave privet drive for a less "shocking" reason than last time. I think that his friends will just know better and take him away so he doesnt go nuts there. Maybe a service for sirius will have its cards in the deck as well. Im glad it wont be for a sad reason again :)

THE_deviless January 12th, 2005 9:55 pm

i don't think harry is going to be treated as badly inb pirvet drive anymore. he will probably just leave privet drive becoz he is bored.

SquibOnline January 12th, 2005 10:02 pm

JKR said it would be something happy

weasley January 12th, 2005 10:42 pm

A mad idea, but maybe someone's getting married. That's a happy idea. Or maybe they find a new place for the Order and it's a much more friendly place than Grimmuld Place.

laprincesamestiza January 13th, 2005 1:45 am

I'm very taken will the Bill and Fleur idea, whoever's it was originallly. Good call that person.. BTW we don't know anything about wizars/witch weddings do we? Anyone got any ideas on how they might differ from normal muggle weddings?

Hedwig50 January 13th, 2005 7:57 am

I was just reviewing Book 2, COS, and Percy didn't receive his OWL results until just before they returned to school the next year. JKR said it would be a veryshort stay at Privot Drive and he would leave for a pleasant reason. For this reason I don't think it will be an OWL party unless the results are going to be out early.

atherella January 13th, 2005 2:14 pm

Well, since we know Harry is leaving Privet Drive early this year, and we know that Jo has said that within the first chapter or so (for a more pleasant reason than previous), and that we should learn what happened to Grimmauld Place, perhaps Harry is invited to leave Privet Drive to go to the new Order headquarters. Or, if it remains the same, he leaves to go visit the house at GP after Sirius leaves it to him? Not sure, but I imagine there must be some sort of connection to Harry's leaving, and finding out about Sirius at the beginning of the story,.