Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   The Great Hall (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reason Behind Your Username (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=111552)

SmellyGopher August 29th, 2007 4:21 am

Reason Behind Your Username

I've always liked these topics, especially on big forums.

Well my username everywhere I go has been Axel, or Citan Uzuki. On one Fire Emblem forum that I went to, I signed up as Axel. It was fun, and I got to know everyone there. One time when I was on AIM, someone IM'd me and said he was the admin of the forum. I knew it was him since he put his screename in a topic, but I asked him to prove it anyway.

Well, the method he chose was tochange my name to Smelly Gopher. After that we had a nice chat, but I told him I was getting fond of the name, so he didn't change it back.

So when I came to this forum, I tried to sign up as Axel, but someone already took it:(. I was thinking of using Citan, but I've used it on so many that it got stale, so I went with Smelly Gopher.

What's the reason behind YOUR usernames?

Bootes August 29th, 2007 7:17 am

Re: Reason Behind Your Username

lol, cute story!

Umm... My username (which is normally written Boötes) is a constellation. I always tend to sign up on sites with a constellation related name, mostly because I'm such a Black family fan girl. I chose the constellation Bootes because it's got mythological associations. Also, it isn't really fancy name like Velpecula or Lacerta, which suits me as I'm not a very fancy person.

popcornzyum August 29th, 2007 9:21 am

Iv'e been using this one for a while, i thought it up when i was trying to think of a username for another site, and i was eating popcorn at the time, and i thought to myself "Mmmm this popcorn's yummy" hence the name Popcornzyum.

That was pretty stupid, but i like it now :p

And you can pretty much guarantee, that nobody else has already got this username too, another reason why i like it :D

Davide August 29th, 2007 9:45 am

it's simply my name :D

Sussudio August 29th, 2007 4:38 pm

I'm absolutely useless at thinking up decent Usernames so I usually just try to think of something like a song, film title or whatever that would sound ok for a username *lol*

Sussudio is a song by Phil Collins and he's my favourite singer :)

synyan August 29th, 2007 5:57 pm

It's part of my full name and no one has it. It's meaning is special too

sticky August 29th, 2007 6:03 pm

mine is what my father calls me :p It is my nickname, he calls me it because i am thin and he resembles me to a stick or something along those lines :lol: he's terrified of touching me in case i snap :rolleyes: But...it was the first thing i thought of when i was sighning up, i wanted a harry potter related one, but there were so many possibilities......

elfears91 August 29th, 2007 9:45 pm

my friends decided my ears are so small and one guy said they were pointed (no one else thinks so though) and they looked elvish and 91 is the year i was born

Claire_13 August 29th, 2007 9:51 pm

mine's uncreative compared to a lot of yours :p
well, Claire's my name and when I joined I was 13. (15 on the 14th September, just if you're wondering ;))

so.. then Claire_13 came along ^_^ I don't like it when people call me the whole thing, just call me claire :D

Donry August 30th, 2007 3:29 am

Donry is actually a first name, the full name is Donry Fetor.....and it's my Jedi name....I'm a geek.

padfoots_luv August 30th, 2007 7:55 am

Sirius was my favorite character when I made this account when I was ooohh... twelve.
I'm just too lazy to leave behind the childish name.

Hysteria August 30th, 2007 9:23 am

Well Muse are my favourite band and Hysteria is my favourite song by them so.. put the two together :p I also love 'hysteria' as a word alone. If you ever see "Hysteria" on a forum, chances are its me, or "death_in_vogue" :)

REMEMBERALL August 30th, 2007 11:05 am

I chose this name because it's easy to remember :lol:and I love Neville ..it reminds me of him :)

Ginevra921 August 30th, 2007 12:21 pm

I love the names "Amalia" and "Ginevra". I chose Ginevra coz it's Ginny's name ! And I was born on the 21st of September... :)

Alcyone August 30th, 2007 1:33 pm

I wanted a cool Harry Potter-ish name so I went searching for constellations and Greek deities and I came across Alcyone (Al-sigh-o-nee), a greek goddess (a minor one) of peace, tranquility, and the ocean. It's also a plus that it rhymes with Hermione!

MrVengence August 30th, 2007 11:43 pm

Sympathy for Mr. Vengence is one of my favorite movies, and i couldn't really think of anything else.

Unfortunately no creative story behind mine. :no:

member_of_SPEW August 31st, 2007 1:02 am

I don't know; when I signed up on Mugglenet I was stumped, and I decided I wanted it to be Harry Potter -related and not have numbers. I decided on member_of_SPEW because I think I would join SPEW if I were at Hogwarts. And then when I joined here, I wanted to keep it the same. I was kind of surprised no one already had it, actually.

Sorafune September 1st, 2007 6:17 pm

Sorafune is my favorite song by the Japanese boyband TOKIO and the song was used as the theme song for the funniest Japansese drama series I've seen: My Boss My Hero XD

8m57w6 September 1st, 2007 6:41 pm

I love these types of threads, too, some of the stories are so entertaining.

Now, while I can't divulge the actual secrets of my name, as I'm sworn in secrecy to what it means, they do actually mean something. It's supposed to be that 8m=5, and 7w=6, two seperate things, but I'm not allowed to use equals sign, so I just combine it. They actually both mean two different people's names, but that's the part I can never tell. I promised a friend of mine, the only other person in the world who knows, that I'd never tell, and I haven't.

Hermi0nechik92 September 1st, 2007 11:21 pm

Um, mine isn't that creative... and beyond obvious! I am very very Hermione-ish, love schoolwork, also any gilmore girl fan would know me as a "Rory" but Rory has nothing to do with my nuttiest obsession!
I LOVE :love: harry Potter , like with a passion! I love the name Ginevra after Ginny, but i look quite a lot like Emma, so I went with Hermione, but hermione was taken, so i tried hermi0ne but that was taken, so i tried hermi0ne chik, still taken, so i added the year i was born; and well there you have it. pretty boring really!:err:
Hermi0nechik92