Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Post DH References (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   Pottermore v.10 (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=130213)

captain_mills November 5th, 2011 6:04 am

Re: Pottermore v.10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElderPatronus (Post 5920252)
My daughter and I both snagged spots on Day 6 of the quill, but never received confirming emails. We did it again Day 7, got those letters and have used our accounts. I think a good portion of the the unused accounts were never even confirmed from P'more. Remember there was a huge glitch one of the earlier days with their letters not being received ...

no malice or rudeness ... just another Pottermore glitch.

This is one of the few reasons I would consider it justified, but think of the people that went on each of the seven days and succeeded in the quill challenge each day and took one of the spots for no reason at all? Hmm...

Lisl_Loveheart November 5th, 2011 9:37 am

My Pottermore page now says "Once you have friends you can follow what they do" or something along those lines LOL But my friends list was not erased, so it looks like there are still glitches after the technical work they have done.

Just a comment on the side (which I hate myself for forgetting to mention on the survey): I wish magical plants recieved the same attention that creatures do! Jo didn't write an extra book on them but it's also not listed in the chapters of Pottermore! I find it a terrible shame... I mean, she doesn't even have to write new material on the magical plants, but at least make it possible for us to get a list of them on Pottermore... *sigh*

owlycherries November 5th, 2011 11:44 am

Meh, I haven't noticed any differences in Pottermore ... it's just the same. The chapters are just as slow, my ingredients still don't regenerate, my friends list still freezes ... =(

MerryLore November 5th, 2011 1:39 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen Malfoy (Post 5921487)
If my potion is still frozen after they are done making the updates to the site....I won't know what to do anymore, delete my account?

Pottermore is back online. I hope they're fixed your potion glitch! If not, I'd report it again, and if they haven't fixed it when Beta ends, you may have to.

Dueling is still down. The only change I've spotted is that my House rank has gone down 4 places.

Tonks_Animagus November 5th, 2011 1:56 pm

I don't get it. I've been properly logging in the for the whole past week and nothing has changed. It hasn't even been down like they said. I hope duelling will be back soon, and more features available in the future (hopefully interaction with friends)

Hes November 5th, 2011 1:59 pm

It has been down for me, exactly the days they mentioned. Also they say that they did hardware updates mostly and that you wouldn't see any visible changes (except speed etc which I do notice)

Tonks_Animagus November 5th, 2011 2:01 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hes (Post 5921560)
It has been down for me, exactly the days they mentioned. Also they say that they did hardware updates mostly and that you wouldn't see any visible changes (except speed etc which I do notice)

For me it hasn't been down o.O Agreed, there is an obvious change at the speed of the site :nod:

MinervaRonDobby November 5th, 2011 2:48 pm

If Pottermore releases the next book online each year (minimum) then we are all gonna be so old when it finishes, I will be about twenty two!! :O :D

Hes November 5th, 2011 3:07 pm

I don't think (or rather hope) they will release one per year. If they do, they seriously underestimate the attention span of their members. Personally I think two a year would be wiser. But we will see.

MerryLore November 5th, 2011 3:09 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonks_Animagus (Post 5921561)
For me it hasn't been down o.O Agreed, there is an obvious change at the speed of the site :nod:

That probably explains why my house ranking has gone down 4 places while Pottermore has been offline. Some must have had access, and among those, Eagles brewing potions (unless techs have been working with dueling, although judging by a huge increase in a Gryffindor score I noticed last week, they seem to be using accounts of that house more than the others).

Sphereness November 5th, 2011 3:48 pm

I hope that, in addition to fixing the technical bugs, they'll also carefully review our detailed survey feedback and make some substantial changes content-wise - before they end the beta period.

If they don't - I hope that some creative game designers get some venture capital and set up a HP MMORPG - guaranteed success imo (provided they do it whilst the franchise is still hot). Just saying.

Tonks_Animagus November 5th, 2011 3:58 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinervaRonDobby (Post 5921571)
If Pottermore releases the next book online each year (minimum) then we are all gonna be so old when it finishes, I will be about twenty two!! :O :D

OMG I'll be like, 23 xD Good think Hes is right!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerryLore (Post 5921575)
That probably explains why my house ranking has gone down 4 places while Pottermore has been offline. Some must have had access, and among those, Eagles brewing potions (unless techs have been working with dueling, although judging by a huge increase in a Gryffindor score I noticed last week, they seem to be using accounts of that house more than the others).

Agreed! :nod: That makes sense!

BronzeDragon November 5th, 2011 4:09 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonks_Animagus (Post 5921584)
OMG I'll be like, 23 xD Good think Hes is right!

Agreed! :nod: That makes sense!

Hahaha, everyone is so young! If Pottermore does a book-a-year release, I'll be in my thirties by the time this is over.

As for Pottermore, not noticing any differences, either in speed or anywhere else, but hopefully others are.

Sphereness, have you heard of the ARG that the makers of PanemOctober have planned for Harry Potter that's coming out next summer? Fanmade, and seems built for role-playing. It's not my thing, but for people who want more RP, I think something like that will fill the void moreso than Pottermore ever will; Pottermore wasn't designed to be an MMORPG, and I don't think they'll ever make it into one.

Sphereness November 5th, 2011 4:15 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BronzeDragon (Post 5921591)
Sphereness, have you heard of the ARG that the makers of PanemOctober have planned for Harry Potter that's coming out next summer? Fanmade, and seems built for role-playing.

That sounds brilliant - I'll look it up! Thanks :)

gelowo93 November 5th, 2011 4:31 pm

I haven't been on Pottermore in weeks because my potions weren't working, but I thought I'd try today after the downtime and my potions are working ... sort of. Before, it didn't recognise when I'd finished the first set of instructions so when I went away and come back it would say that I wasn't brewing anything. Now, I managed to complete both sets of instructions perfectly, it told me I had successfully brewed the potion, but when I went on my notifications is said that the potion had failed and I hadn't been awarded any house points :argh: Now I'm brewing another to see if this one'll work, here's hoping... :shrug:

Hufflepuffchill November 5th, 2011 5:37 pm

I just don't know how they haven't fixed dueling yet. It can't possibly be that difficult is it? They have had the site down for three days on no progress on it? Seems very odd. Disappointed(even though I expected it) to not have dueling back, how much time to they need to fix it?

leah49 November 5th, 2011 5:56 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinervaRonDobby (Post 5921571)

That's so old. ;)

ccollinsmith November 5th, 2011 6:05 pm

Well, it looks like Pottermore finally moderated a whole bunch of comments from my first day on the site. :elaugh:

Here are my comments that were removed for not following the moderation guideines:

On Wizarding Money:
Comment: Yes... pictures of the money. :)

On Hedwig:
Comment: What was the significance of the name in the History of Magic book?

On Hagrid:
Comment: I love that detail about Hagrid clutching the umbrella tightly. So funny!

On chapter 1:

Comment: I think sound effects may be better than music here. But also think that some rendering of the characters would help.

On Voldemort:
Comment: I think we need images of the characters along with the descriptions.

Those comments just look so.... threatening.... don't they? :evil:

So... any theories on why these comments might have been removed?

MerryLore November 5th, 2011 6:23 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccollinsmith (Post 5921663)

So... any theories on why these comments might have been removed?

Yes. You used words with more than one syllable. They have a moderation program in effect, and it doesn't seem to automatically approve big words it doesn't recognize :rotfl:

ccollinsmith November 5th, 2011 6:30 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerryLore (Post 5921673)
Yes. You used words with more than one syllable. They have a moderation program in effect, and it doesn't seem to automatically approve big words it doesn't recognize :rotfl:

:rotfl:

But wouldn't the software be how the comments get kicked into moderation? These comments were specifically removed after moderation. :wow:

In other words... by a human.