Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Divination Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   How/why will Harry leave Privet Drive this time? (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=16539)

gingerbookworm January 13th, 2005 1:40 pm

Yeah I have a feeling it will be to go to Grimauld Place. But then again, although he will be with people he knows, it's Headquarters for the Order and he won't be included in what they are doing. Maybe it is more likely that he is just allowed to go to the Weasleys after his mandatory week in Privet Drive. Then he won't just be with people he knows, he'll be with his friends and people who are more like a family to him than any other people he knows. However the way JKR said that he wouldn't be there long made it seem like there was more to it than going to the Burrow again...

jenny_d_b January 13th, 2005 1:49 pm

Someone asked on the JK webpage if the reason that Harry would leave the Dursleys early would be because he was going to court again, but JK replied that he would leave for a lot more pleasant reason. That means that the Grangers most probably won't get attacked.

gingerbookworm January 13th, 2005 1:49 pm

Just saw that someone alse said that he will probably leave after he gets his OWLS results but I think he will be away by then. They have always been able to send owls to him in the past when he wasn't at privet drive so I'm sure they will know where he is if he leaves before. I think he will just be there for a week. He knows that's all he needs to do and I doubt he would want to stay any longer. Vernon and Petunia know that he has friends who are allowed to use magic even though he is not. I think his meeting with Madeye at the end of OotP will be enough for him to let him go anywhere as well as the fact that they don't want him in the house anyway! Especially after the Dementors almost killed their son!
:shrug:

avbearcat85 January 13th, 2005 2:02 pm

im not sure what i think the reason will be. maybe they just want to get him out before the dursleys can make him feel like ****. i don't think there will be a celabration that they come and get him for. JKR says it will be for a happier reason than a court date, that could be just getting out.

LexiBlack January 13th, 2005 7:25 pm

I don't really think anything "chaotic" will force Harry from Privet Drive, like in the past years. I suspect that the order will come and get him a few weeks after he is there. I don't think that anyone will want Harry to be alone with the Dursleys for an extended period of time after what happened with Sirius and all.

DumblysArmy January 13th, 2005 8:08 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexiBlack
I don't really think anything "chaotic" will force Harry from Privet Drive, like in the past years. I suspect that the order will come and get him a few weeks after he is there. I don't think that anyone will want Harry to be alone with the Dursleys for an extended period of time after what happened with Sirius and all.

I agree, perhaps he'll be going away for special DADA training. But we know he won't be allowed to go anywhere unless he's well protected. Dumbledore will make sure of that.

Fawkesified January 13th, 2005 8:12 pm

This is probably a very different opinion from everyone else's but personally, I really like the beginnings of the books right from Harry's birthday (usually the very beginning) until he gets to Hogwarts. Of course I love all of the books but that is always one of the highlights. I hope Jo takes a long time to describe his stay at the Dursleys though.

hollygo72 January 13th, 2005 8:22 pm

Hmmm...the stay will be short but VERY eventful. I think Harry and Petunia will finally "have it out". They'll probably have a huge fight; but Petunia will finally give Harry some valuable information about his parents.

He'll probably find something out that causes him to seek out more information - at Spinner's End.

PadfootWhispers January 13th, 2005 8:55 pm

I'm thinking about what happened in OotP, with the dementors coming to Privet Drive for the first time. Perhaps a Death Eater will pay Harry a visit? Or even Voldemort himself, because now that he's overcome the inability to touch Harry, why not just storm up to his house? Either that or we may, at long last, find out about Hermione's family (a visit to her place with Ron, instead of Harry and Hermione going to Ron's?)

aragorn_iz_cool January 14th, 2005 12:01 am

Quote:

Yeah, I could almost go for that. Except that JKR said it would be for a "pleasant reason" and I do not think that Harry would in any way, shape, or form consider being forced to hang out with Snape "pleasant!" Now for some of the sevages on the Snape-loving threads of this forum, that may be the case, but never for Harry.
Well, getting tutored by Snape isn't happy, but being able to get into NEWT potions is. Also, I believe she didn't say that it was plesent, just more plesent then a hearing. I think it would be more plesent then a hearing.

hgrwfan January 14th, 2005 12:11 am

Maybe the Dursley's finally got smart and voluntarily decided to let Harry go to Ron's for the summer. I always thought it was a bit dumb of them not to have suggested for Harry to spend the summer at a friends....any friend if they really wanted to be rid of him that much.....I guess the desire to make him suffer is greater than the joy and pleasure they would get in not having him around.

On the other hand....I think Bill may get married so he will go to the Burrow for a wedding. Didn't Jo say that he leaves for a good reason this time?

haha January 14th, 2005 12:22 am

Quote:

Yeah, I could almost go for that. Except that JKR said it would be for a "pleasant reason" and I do not think that Harry would in any way, shape, or form consider being forced to hang out with Snape "pleasant!" Now for some of the sevages on the Snape-loving threads of this forum, that may be the case, but never for Harry.
Yeah, I'd have to agree that in Harry's point of view learning more potions in his holiday is probably not pleasant. And i doubt Snape would consider it pleasant either :p

Quote:

Didn't Jo say that he leaves for a good reason this time?
She said that Harry would leave for a "more pleasant" reason than a court case.

ickle_ronniekins January 14th, 2005 6:48 pm

harry could easily find some mode of transportation from privet drive. he could easily use floo powder, or even fly on his broomstick. there are a number of different ways that he can leave. maybe he will leave to join the order, after all, he has survived voldemort what five or six times already? whose to say they wont let him in the order.

BrAinPaiNt January 14th, 2005 7:14 pm

My bet is that he goes to Grimmauld Palace for one or more of the following reasons:

He got a good deal of OWLS and they celebrate and possibly have to set it up for their next classes as I did not hear any mention of next years classes, since they don't know if they passed owls in the subjects.

He is given Grimmauld Palace as part of Sirius' will, if he had one.

He goes there to get a head start with Ron and Herms in some EXTRA defense against the dark arts training before school....which would also help them teach the other students in the DA later.

They receive training in order to become part of the OOTP, since they, with Neville and Luna, actually fought the death eaters already in the MoM. Maybe they make them official members of the OOTP.

Maybe he goes to Grimmauld palace as part of a celebration for Fred and George for doing great business in their Joke Shop.

What ever it is we know it is under pleasant situations as I think that is along the lines of what JKR said.

clkginny January 14th, 2005 8:42 pm

I'm not sure that under the circumstances that Harry would enjoy going to 12 Grimmauld Place. Besides, we aren't sure that Harry will inherit it. I think that he will get to go where ever the Weasleys are, because that seems to be where he is happiest at.

GinnyPotter101 January 14th, 2005 8:44 pm

HArry's Birthday? The Weasleys, DD and Hermione (and the order) probably feel bad for harry.. his godfather JUST died...so theyll want to be with him on his birthday! itll be his best yet!!

PadfootWhispers January 14th, 2005 9:07 pm

Quote:

Besides, we aren't sure that Harry will inherit it.
Agreed. I would be amazed if Sirius had a will written out at the time... It's not as if he was EXPECTING to die.... *tear*

DumblysArmy January 14th, 2005 9:12 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinnyPotter101
HArry's Birthday? The Weasleys, DD and Hermione (and the order) probably feel bad for harry.. his godfather JUST died...so theyll want to be with him on his birthday! itll be his best yet!!

Good idea, it would be Harrys first proper Birthday Party. They should have Fred and George plan it, It'd be right up their alley.
:birthday:

Mountainforest January 14th, 2005 9:28 pm

Let's combine some information we got:
  1. Rowling wanted to use the first chapter of book 6 before, but she says it finally fits
  2. Harry will have the shortest stay with the dursleys till yet, so he will probably leave the first chapter

This means that leaving the dursleys can't have anything to do with 'recent events' in book 6 (in that case she wouldn't be able to use the chapter before).

Rowling also said it would be a nice reason harry has to leave the dursleys. We have to search in the corner of special events that could happen in any book, like the Quiditch world cup was.

Katarzyna January 14th, 2005 9:30 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auror77
What I mean is, how you think Harry will get back to the wizarding wrld?

An owl from the Ministry of Magic will arrive at the Dursles, informing Harry he inheirited all of Sirius' belongings. Harry goes to Spinners End to go through them all, and finds the flying motorcycle.