Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Divination Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   The best possible ending? (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=18730)

Imsirien October 4th, 2003 4:19 am

I'll cry if it turns out to be a dream. To me, that would be the worst possible ending because I really dislike reality. Anyway, I think it would be a good ending if Harry died....but only if he took Voldie with him. Something like the ending to the Last Herald Mage Trilogy by Mercedes Lackey. If any of you have read it, you'll know what I mean.
The prophecy says that neither can live while the other survives. So at least one has to die. It doesn't say that one has to live and one has to die. Therefore Harry could sacrifice himself to get rid of Voldie.

hermione_fan October 4th, 2003 5:07 am

I think it would be for Harry to die after defeating Voldemort. I'm really sick of all this living happily ever after stuff. It would still be really sad *tear* but atleast he would die with honor and glory.

WeasleyIsOurKing October 5th, 2003 5:28 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagirdLives
I think it would be harry becomes an auora!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleansweep11
I think that Harry should be somthing other then an Auora and a minsiter of magic.......

Just a comment... it's Auror, not Auora. :)

BellatrixLeS October 5th, 2003 6:54 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by hermione_fan
I think it would be for Harry to die after defeating Voldemort. I'm really sick of all this living happily ever after stuff. It would still be really sad *tear* but atleast he would die with honor and glory.

I can see your point, but I'm reluctant to want Harry to die, simply because I want to see what he'd do with his life.

Black's Flight October 5th, 2003 10:05 pm

Best possable endind? I know you're all going hate me for thinking up such a corny ending, but I think a perfect ending would consist of Harry killing Voldemort and ending up with Ginny or Luna. :blush: Ron and Hermine would live and get together and Sirius would somehow come back to life. Remus would live too. Yeah. That's good. DD can die though. Makes it a little more dramatic. Maybe he could speak to Harry as a ghost or sometihng. Like Obi-wan in Star Wars. ;)
Haveing the whole wizarding word crumble or Harry just wakeing up? I'd hate that. :grumble:

Auror Williamson October 5th, 2003 10:26 pm

Quote:

Just a comment... it's Auror, not Auora.
Thank you, I was just about to bring that up.

Note: See screen name. :)

Dedalus Diggle October 6th, 2003 4:27 am

I think Harry would have to live, and to 'vanquish' Voldemort without being a murderer. I also think he has to be seen struggling with the years of stress he's been under, not by becoming an utter flake, but having to find a way to redefine himself, to transcend being 'the one with the power to vanquish.' If he were unable to do that, he'd end up as a bum, trading tales of his battles with the Dark Lord for drinks in wizard pubs - perhaps a fair bit of realism there, but a bit too much. I would like to see Harry ending up in a stable love relationship, but I don't really care if its Hermione, Luna, Ginny, Tonks, Lavender, Alicia, etc. (I don't think the slash combos would do). But this should be part of the overall process of growing beyond the warrior self-image. I could accept anyone but the trio dying in the next two books, if it made sense and was not just wholesale slaughter (unless of course, wholesale slaughter by the DEs breaks out and is what drives the plot in a book - probably 7).

*Jess* October 6th, 2003 9:08 am

Ohhh wow...this is a great thread!! Nice work, Lellygreen!!

The thing is, though, I'm not sure which one that I can say...The BEST ending, or the MOST LIKELY? Well, I'll say both.

I think the MOST LIKELY ending will be that Harry defeats Voldemort, etc etc. Ok, no, wait, I'm going to contradict myself there by saying that that probably wont happen, simply because it's too simple...JKR will have to make it more complicated than that. So really I dunno!

But I think the BEST ending would be for Harry to finally defeat Voldie but die soon afterwards from some fatal wound etc. Don't get me wrong: I definitely don't want Harry to die...I love him heaps!! But I think that It would add more of a twist to the story, you know?

Loz October 6th, 2003 9:37 am

"And Dumbledore laughed triumphantly - the boy had killed his arch nemesis and he could begin his plan for world domination at last. He looked at the young Potter boy and with one final flourish cast Avada Kadavra directly at his scar..."

*snicker* No, not really. I am of the opinion that I couldn't possibly come up with an ending that could rival JKR. I'm positive she is going to blow me away... and that I'll cry for a week at least, even if it's a mostly happy ending :D

Guardian Angel October 6th, 2003 9:54 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herbert West
I think I'd prefer the Scooby Doo ending.

Voldemort: "I would've got away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids."

Lol, I'd like that kind of ending as well... or if not that, then this one:

"... Hary had been finally free, Voldemort defeated, Aberforth married a goat and Ron and Hermione lived happily ever after."

*Jess* October 6th, 2003 10:12 am

Oh, Loz mate I totally agree..my ideas on this aren't that good...I can't wait for the end of the series (just to see what happens), but I also can wait coz I don't want it to end!! lol. I'd better be blown away...:D

wpolly October 9th, 2003 1:07 pm

I think it'll end in this way:

Harry Consumed all his magical powers to kill Voldie and become a muggle....(!?)

Starrlight October 12th, 2003 7:01 pm

For books that I love as much as HP, I like to be able to read them again and again. I can't see mysef reading them ever again if anyone in the trio dies. Don't get me wrong--tragic endings can be good--I loved the end of Titanic, but never wanted to see it a second time even though it was a great movie! So all three of the trio must live, or I get rid of all the books when it's all done. That doesn't mean I won't like them, or couldn't accept a tragic ending as a good one, but I wouldn't want to read them again if all the magic, fun, and humor of the first books is just leading up to a tragic end. I'd have the same reaction that Harry had to Moody showing him the pictures of the original OOTP in book 5--remember he said that he thought it was sick? Well, ending this series with the death of Harry would be just as bad--Harry's right on this one!

haycheng October 13th, 2003 9:50 pm

Have anyone watch the ending for StarTrek:The Next generation? Prcard is given second chance in the end. May be Harry will return to the point at 11 year old but with his family? This kind of end create a sense of ending, yet it is not truely end. It has been used in couple of moive and I think it can work very well in HP as well.

A second chance for Harry Potter without the problem of Vmort, how nice is that. I think that is what Harry truely wanted.

Dragonfly the 2nd October 14th, 2003 3:06 am

I think the best ending would be Harry's death. Harry and Voldemort should die killing each other, or Harry should be forced to kill himself to kill Voldemort. It wouldn't be sad at all, because Harry would be reunited with Sirius and his parents, and anybody else who dies. That would be an excellent ending, in my opinion. It's sort of a doomed "happily ever after."

eggplant October 14th, 2003 4:35 pm

And then Voldemort said "Harry I can see you were right, you were right about everything. I can't thank you enough for returning my lost little puppy, Skippy, to me"
Voldemort wiped a single perfect tear from his eye and said
"You've taught me the true meaning of friendship and the true meaning of Christmas too. I know now I've made some poor decisions in my life. Harry, I'm sorry I tortured you and murdered your parents, I don't think that was a very nice thing to do, I really don't. "
"Ah, forget it you knucklehead"
said Harry feeling slightly embarrassed and giving Voldemort a friendly punch on the shoulder.
"None of us are perfect we all make mistakes."
They put their arms on each other's shoulder and then the feeling of joy in the hearts of both Harry and Voldemort became so large that they could contain it no longer and burst into song:
"I love you, you love me, we're a happy family..."

And they all lived happily ever after.

THE END

Nick October 14th, 2003 5:18 pm

The best possible ending?

- Harry trips over his own ego and breaks his neck. AND DIES. Without honour.
- Voldemort finally gets around to forming that boy band he's been wanting with the death eaters. "Rage against the Muggles" tops the international charts.
- Neville, who totally rocks, becomes a teacher.
- Snape, it transpires, was involved in a love polygon with Lily, James, Peter, Aberforth DD, and several portraits.
- Hogwarts gets a decent name that can't be stupidised into something dumb like "hoggy woggy hogwarts".
- I get to score with Bellatrix Lestrange.

Inkling October 19th, 2003 3:43 am

Okay, it better not be a dream. If it is, I am going to...I don't know, boycott all fantasy for the rest of my life or something overly drastic.

I have noticed, though, that JKR is absolutely obsessed with time. We have the time turner in PoA, which is so complicated we should have a Hall of Time or something to address it. Then, in OoP, there is that whole room with the time turners and the bird and the "ugly-baby-headed death eater." She loves messing with it.

So, that, along with Dumbledore's "I must admit it would not satisfy me merely to kill you, Tom," right before he duels Voldie, gives me this crazy idea. What if Harry has some ability to manipulate time. I know that almost everyone has decided that Harry's power has something to do with goodness, but hear me out.

Voldemort either a) does not know it or b) detest it. He made himself virtually immortal after "many precautions" and experiments. This does not sound like the actions of a man ready to face his death. Plus, he is nearly seventy. He IS running out of time, whereas fifteen year old Harry might as well have forever. Terry Pratchett, for example, has a theory in his Discworld novels that we have hourglasses of life left. What if JKR has a similar and yet unexplained theory? Harry could actually have excess time in him!

Secondly, what better way to completely destroy Voldemort than to go back to before his fifth year and a) kill him, b) foil his plans and stop his rise before it begins, or c) turn him? Dumbledore woulde have completely destroyed what the Dark Lord stood for, and NO CASUALTIES WOULD HAVE BEEN SUFFERED. James and Lily would survive, along with Sirius and all the rest.

That, my friends, would be a happy ending to make the Brothers Grimm blush.

lorna October 19th, 2003 6:44 am

JK Rowling's been pretty clear about the dead staying that way so I don't thing we're going to get any of our loved characters back.

I'd like to see Harry beat that prophecy. I'm not sure I'm that happy with this "your fate is written, there's nothing you can do...." I've always had it at the back of my mind if anyone deserves to have his soul sucked it's Voldie. I just can't work out how Harry could arrange for this.
The other thing I wouldn't mind seeing happen is Harry to go into the one other thing he seemed rather good at and got a fair amount of satisfaction from. Teaching. He really seemed to enjoy the DA sessions
and his "students" were learning.
And wouldn't it just rot Snape's socks if, after all this time, with temptation to rejoin the DE gone with the final defeat of Voldemort,
the DADA position within his grasp, DD made Harry Potter the DADA
teacher.
I love Snape but that would be somewhat amusing.

Abhishek October 19th, 2003 8:10 am

I think it should be a LOTR-esque ending. Harry will be heartbroken-after losing his two closest friends and cant imagine being without them. he walks through the veil, in order to reunite with those he lost. It would be a bittersweet ebding. Bitter because Harry is leaving the world for good and he is leaving all those remaining survivors who care about him, more specifically Lupin and the Weasleys(maybe excluding ron). Sweet becuase his most desperate desire of meeting his parents is being fulfilled.