Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Harry Potter Archives (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Future Plot Twists (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=25624)

playmaker9 May 6th, 2004 3:29 am

Future Plot Twists

i did a search and found nothing, so here goes.

the harry potter series is notorious for the twists in it. moody=crouch jr., sirius black was framed, etc.

so i ask, what do you think is the biggest twist that JKR could throw our way in the next two books? what would be the biggest surprise, the stunner, something that no one's expecting? post your ideas here.

for me, the biggest twist would be hermione becoming a death eater. anything's possible, but this would just blow me away if it ever happened.

so just put up whatever you think would be the most twisted, craziest, insane plot twist that JKR could possibly ever come up with!

cheers!

FreckledApples May 6th, 2004 3:41 am

hermione being a death eater would be sooo unexpected!! i think one of the biggest twist i think she could pull was if sirius was really bad but hid it! that would kill me!

Magi May 6th, 2004 3:51 am

I've always laughed at "Dumbledore is evil" threads. But if there is going to be one twist to knock me out, it would have to be "Dumbledore is evil".

How about: Hermione as polyjuiced Voldemort, Voldemort as polyjuiced Dumbledore, and Dumbledore as polyjuiced Nicholas Flammel? :p :D

thinkpink38 May 6th, 2004 3:54 am

FreckledApples, oo ~ ] (hehe that doesnt really look like a shocked face, the eyes are side ways) That would be terrible if she did do something like that! But, besides that I think, her saying that it was all just a dream, Harry was just sleeping one day, and he dreamt of the whole wizarding world...and in the end, right when he's about to kill Voldy (or the other way) harry wakes up from this dream. That would be crazy, I highly doubt she'd do it, but its just one of my random ideas.

the 5th Maraude May 6th, 2004 4:12 am

Harry's parents are still alive somewhere. That would be a huge twist, IMO.

padfootgrim May 6th, 2004 4:20 am

i think the biggest twist is that Voldemort is really James Potter... so Harry would have to kill his father...

OR

Dumbledore is evil

OR

Ron/Hermione turns into a death eater...

Frankie Inkblot May 6th, 2004 4:38 am

Biggest realistic twist ----->

1) McGonagall is Harry's great-grandmother. Maybe she was James' grandma. I don't know how it would ever work, but I would love to learn that Harry still had a family member. (Let's not get sucked into the Mark Evans thing.)

2) Draco is an animagus. That's how he always seems to know when the trio are up to something. Like when they snuck out to Hagrid's cabin in SS/PS, the Room of Requirement in OotP...

ravenclaw02 May 6th, 2004 4:47 am

I think the big shocker that JKR could pull on us has something to do with Lily and/or Petunia. Perhaps they were DEs, or somehow knew Voldemort ... ? I don't know, that's the great thing about unexpected twists - they're unexpected!

Rowena Ravenclaw May 6th, 2004 4:51 am

She could have Voldemort win. After all, no one expects she's going to do it.

Silver_Vixen May 6th, 2004 5:15 am

Neville's parents aren't really crazy...but just in hiding--acting insane to protect themselves

OR

Harry somehow finds out he's related to Malfoy :P

Baron_G May 6th, 2004 6:22 am

Dumbledore being evil. That would be the biggest.

Kaivey May 6th, 2004 6:40 am

I'd have to agree with that Dumbledore being evil idea.

Though Harry realising he's in a Matrix-esque world, breaking free of the system and going through to end up as one of the earlier 'Neo's' would be a bit unexpected, not to mention unwelcome... lol.

Morgan LeFay May 6th, 2004 7:34 am

How about Petunia having an affair with Tom Riddle/ Voldemort. Dudley LV child? Looking at the similarities... Oh, :rotfl: .

Dumbledore is evil would not be that surprising for me, really. Nor Hermione being DE. I would say that I would be surprised if someone we think is dead (Sirius, James, Lily) appeared.

mirandam May 6th, 2004 7:48 am

:lol: Dudley Riddle? Love it.
I do like the evil bit with Dumbledore and the "it was all a dream" one.

Malfor turns to the good side and supports Harry in his fight and fights against his father and mother.

rotsiepots May 6th, 2004 10:27 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magi
I've always laughed at "Dumbledore is evil" threads. But if there is going to be one twist to knock me out, it would have to be "Dumbledore is evil".

Urgh, I agree. I think I'd be horrified if this happened (not that it will, but we're speaking hypothetically, right?). I don't think I'd cope very well if Dumbledore ended up being a bigger "baddie" than Voldemort. No thank you.

I'm not really sure what else JKR could pull to surprise us all. I'm sure she has several aces up her sleeve, so we'll just have to wait and see.

If it's anything involving gender bending or time travel I won't be very happy, though.

Magi May 6th, 2004 10:41 am

Quote:

(not that it will, but we're speaking hypothetically, right?).
Hopefully, lol. :D

Seriously though, I don't think Rowling will make a twist too outrageous. All of the twists so far have been quite reasonable. :tu:

GryffindorGr May 6th, 2004 10:49 am

Yeah, Dumbledore is evil has got to be the biggest twist ever if it does happen and of course I really doubt it. I think along the lines if Dumbledore, Hermione, McGonagall is evil would be up there as super major twists.

HarryPotter May 6th, 2004 12:48 pm

What if Harry turns to be Voldemort trying to defeat himself back in time? That would be weird!

DumfriesFawkes May 6th, 2004 3:37 pm

How about only writing 5 books?! That would floor all of us!

Jane Granger May 6th, 2004 3:42 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryPotter
What if Harry turns to be Voldemort trying to defeat himself back in time? That would be weird!

Hmmm, That'd be a TWIST so TWISTed. :) :evil:

Ever since I read the wonderful thread of "Ouroboros Theory",
I've been thinking is it possible to twist that theory a bit further
to have "S. Slytherin was Harry in time-travel".

There're so many possible "biggest twist JKR could pull", but I say
the biggest twist JKR WILL pull is going to be something none of us
have thought about.