Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   Divination Studies (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Harry and Ginny - Where to from here? (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=75588)

Jessica October 23rd, 2005 9:47 pm

Harry and Ginny - Where to from here?
 
This is v3 (with a slight name change for the sake of clarity) of Harry and Ginny Meant to Be? (v2 is here.

Last post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingPhoenix
I really hope its like you say, if it turned out she only meant for recent books such statements, a hell did break lose.



The Weasleys are the ideal family, yet its not whole and free of failures. Nor dos it mean they always get along with Harry or will all survive either.
Its not yet done IMO.

Same gos for Ginny, she may be ideal but this don't implies an ideal girl will be Harry's future wife.

Ideals are there to be looked at, to be awed but in the end you won't get it because the world is that terrible mean. This happens in fiction more than once.

This can mean if Harry were a normal boy, if his life were cool Ginny were his girl for always but he isn't in an ideal "fictional world" either. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying nobody should make the mistake to be too sure on this.

Continue. Play nice. Yadadaadaaya.

Deevo October 23rd, 2005 10:00 pm

Cool, new thread. Like the title change by the way :eyebrows:.

To continue the previous line of discussion yes, the couplings are settled though given the insistance of Hermione and Ron that they're not going to walk away from him now, that this declaration came after Harry's 'breakup' and that no matter how much anyone tries to invalidate them Jo has said outright that:
  • Ginny is Harry's ideal girl full stop.
  • We'll definately be seeing much more of her in book seven.
It's not at all unreasonable to suggest that provided they survive they'll be together. What we should really be looking at is how this'll come about.

All just IMO of course.

SSJ_Jup81 October 23rd, 2005 10:05 pm

That's a good question. Well, I don't know what to say in ref to Ron and Hermione, I just hope that if they do get together, it's not for jealous reasons and they just gradually do, probably off-screen, though.

As for Ginny, I'm going to assume that after his battle, if he survives it, he'll go back to Ginny, or that maybe his defeating Voldemort will be based on how much Harry loves Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, etc.

Hinoema October 23rd, 2005 10:06 pm

Thank goodness. Now we can get a good discussion going. Jo has said it- Ginny is Harry's ideal girl. So, let's talk about what will be!

Do you think Ginny will actively help in the Horcrux hunt? If so, how?

When do you think they will get back together, or acknowledge that they still love each other, despite the relationship being on hold?

Who will do so first? How?

SSJ_Jup81 October 23rd, 2005 10:07 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hinoema
Who will do so first? How?

Can't say "how", but since Harry was "first" in HBP, I feel that Ginny may be for book 7.

meesha1971 October 23rd, 2005 10:22 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hinoema
Thank goodness. Now we can get a good discussion going. Jo has said it- Ginny is Harry's ideal girl. So, let's talk about what will be!

Do you think Ginny will actively help in the Horcrux hunt? If so, how?

When do you think they will get back together, or acknowledge that they still love each other, despite the relationship being on hold?

Who will do so first? How?

I'm not sure if Ginny will be an active participant in the Horcrux hunt - the fact that she's underage could be a hindrance there. She can't apparate yet, and so on.

I do think Ginny will play a big part in the final battle. JKR said we would see that she is a powerful witch so I'm expecting her to so something big.

I also think this whole break-up between Ginny and Harry will be resolved early on - I think someone is going to point out the flaws in his logic to Harry. Breaking up with her isn't going to do much to protect her, IMO.

PotionA October 23rd, 2005 10:27 pm

Yay new thread! And I can see they've changed the title :D. I was wondering when the new version would open and it just had to happen when I had a nice long reply typed out to FP's post :grumble:.

Anyway....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hinoema
Do you think Ginny will actively help in the Horcrux hunt? If so, how?

Well she'll definitely want to come along if she finds out about it that is (does she already know? Sorry haven't done my HBP re read yet) and she'll try to persuade Harry to take her but this time, Harry will put his foot down because his stupid noble side will kick in again and he'll tell her to wait for him (oh the cheesiness!).

Quote:

When do you think they will get back together, or acknowledge that they still love each other, despite the relationship being on hold?
They'll get back together at the end but they will have a talk at Bill and Fleur's wedding IMO when Harry stops drooling over her in her bridesmaid gown and pulls himself together.

Quote:

Who will do so first? How?
Harry. He'll vanquish Voldemort, search for Ginny in the battlefield and go running into her arms :D. Or maybe Ginny gets injured and taken to the hospital and when she wakes up, she'll see Harry who sweeps her off her feet with a passionate kiss :D. Lame, I know, but that's all I can come up with at the moment.....

klynnrose October 23rd, 2005 10:39 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hinoema
Thank goodness. Now we can get a good discussion going. Jo has said it- Ginny is Harry's ideal girl. So, let's talk about what will be!

Do you think Ginny will actively help in the Horcrux hunt? If so, how?

When do you think they will get back together, or acknowledge that they still love each other, despite the relationship being on hold?

Who will do so first? How?


Horcrux: I have to say that for the most part I don't see that Ginny will be a knowing active part in locating and distroying the horcruxes. We still have a problem in that she doesn't yet know about them. When she finds out it will be quite the revolation owing to the fact that she was involved with one of them; the diary.

As to any other involvment with the horcruxes, I just don't know. I keep toying with different ideas to work it out. Here are some thoughts: Ginny will be to stay behind and keep her ears and eyes open. Ginny may come into play towards the end with the last two or so. Ginny will beheld responsible for making some very difficult decisions regarding Harry and what he has to do and how he has to do it.

Get back together: I think that they will fall into what so often happens to people at weddings. They will hear the music, watch the goings on, Harry will watch Ginny walk down the isle, and imagine himself up there too. At the resception they will dance and the look in each others eyes will tell them what they already know to be true. The love has not left, nobody said it would. The love has intensified and that will scare Harry. He will reiterate that Ginny must stay behind.

When all is said and done, it is my greatest wish that they both survive, they will fall into each other's arms and never let go.

Who 1st/how?: You got me there. I don't have any really clear ideas on this one other than at the end of it all they will both join together simultaniously.

Deevo October 23rd, 2005 10:46 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hinoema
Thank goodness. Now we can get a good discussion going. Jo has said it- Ginny is Harry's ideal girl. So, let's talk about what will be!

Do you think Ginny will actively help in the Horcrux hunt? If so, how?

Well personally I feel that she'll be the Hogwarts base camp leader and that she'll possibly re form, along with Neville and Luna, some sort of DA offshoot to back up Harry in the final conflict. As for the horcrux hunt she may well be involved in finding one at the school. Her age is going to hold her back a tad as she's almost a year younger than Harry and won't have the adult freedoms that he or the others will have in book seven.

Quote:

When do you think they will get back together, or acknowledge that they still love each other, despite the relationship being on hold?
I'm not sure, I'd like to see it sooner rather than later as his 'breakup' was rather pointless in the bigger scheme. Also the funeral wasn't really an appropriate place for an argument on the subject anyway.

Quote:

Who will do so first? How?
I think almost definately Ginny, Harry still has this 'saving people thing' and he's going to be reluctant to put those he loves in harms way. That and I suspect he may see himself as something of a jinxed person to get involved with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meesha1971
I'm not sure if Ginny will be an active participant in the Horcrux hunt - the fact that she's underage could be a hindrance there. She can't apparate yet, and so on.

I do think Ginny will play a big part in the final battle. JKR said we would see that she is a powerful witch so I'm expecting her to so something big.

I don't think there's any doubt about it. What I find interesting is that up to date we haven't seen much of either of the youngest Weasleys in combat save for that short spell at the end of HBP. I'm expecting to be impressed. :eyebrows:

Quote:

I also think this whole break-up between Ginny and Harry will be resolved early on - I think someone is going to point out the flaws in his logic to Harry. Breaking up with her isn't going to do much to protect her, IMO.
No it won't, and the sooner he sees it the better it'll be. As things stand all it's achieving right now is to make them both miserable.

YoKKi_GiRl October 23rd, 2005 10:51 pm

I think she will help harry or at least participate in the book actively as in each book she has becoming more and more present

random_musing October 23rd, 2005 10:54 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hinoema
Do you think Ginny will actively help in the Horcrux hunt? If so, how?

I really think that Harry, Hermione, and Ron are going to be the main, for lack of a better phrase, "horcrux hunters" due mostly because of the fact that Ginny will be underage and I honestly can't see Mrs. Weasley letting her youngest and only daughter do that...at all. She may help out somewhat later but if so I think she will be accompanied by Neville and Luna.

PotionA October 23rd, 2005 10:54 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deevo
I don't think there's any doubt about it. What I find interesting is that up to date we haven't seen much of wither of the youngest Weasleys in combat save for that short spell at the end of HBP. I'm expecting to be impressed.

Yeah I want to know what that Bat Bogey Hex of hers is all about. I guess we'll have to wait till the final battle *sigh*

Quote:

No it won't, and the sooner he sees it the better it'll be. As things stand all it's achieving right now is to make them both miserable.
I would really like everyone to settle their romantic issues at Bill and Fleur's wedding but I just have this feeling that Harry will stick to his resolution at the beginning and might realize half during the mission that what he's doing is downright foolish. But yeah, the sooner he realizes it, the better...

random_musing October 23rd, 2005 10:57 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by PotionA
I would really everyone to settle their romantic issues at Bill and Fleur's wedding but I just have this feeling that Harry will stick to his resolution at the beginning and might realize half during the mission that what he's doing is downright foolish.

The wedding is much to soon for someone as steadfast as Harry to change his mind about Ginny joining them.

PotionA October 23rd, 2005 11:03 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by random_musing
The wedding is much to soon for someone as steadfast as Harry to change his mind about Ginny joining them.

That's true. But it'll be better if he realizes it sooner than later. But you know it might just dawn on him if someone explains it to him early on as to how pointless that breakup was.

ComicBookWorm October 23rd, 2005 11:12 pm

The breakup was a typical literary device. I have to believe that the love Harry and Ginny have for each other will come in handy at the end. Odds are they'll have near misses of almost getting back together throughout the book, but won't get together officially until Voldemort is defeated.

OwlPatronus October 23rd, 2005 11:22 pm

Man, that's the last thing Harry needs while he's off tracking down impossibly obscure clues to heavily cursed sites: worrying about his status with Ginny. Honestly, I really am with the people who hope Harry will get over his Peter Parker syndrome and get back together with Ginny at the wedding because splitting up did neither of them any good.
As for whether Ginny will be helpful in tracking the Horcruxes, my answer is of course! She's powerful, and very good at figuring things out, not to mention tricky which is a quality they'll need. And whether or not Harry tells her about his quest (though if they get back together at the wedding he'd better) she will find out anyway. She's good at that.

ComicBookWorm October 23rd, 2005 11:26 pm

Before there was Peter Parker, there was Superman telling Lois that he couldn't have a relationship since she would be at risk. It's actually common in literature for the hero to say this and try to stay away from the loved one. It never works, and he always ends up with the girl. Not only that, but the villain always figures out that the girl is special to hero and threatens her anyway.

Ginny, being Ginny, will not sit idly by waiting for her hero to return; she will be involved. But they won't be a couple until the end.

They will get back together. And in the epilogue, they'll have a double wedding.

PotionA October 23rd, 2005 11:35 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComicBookWorm
It's actually common in literature for the hero to say this and try to stay away from the loved one. It never works, and he always ends up with the girl. Not only that, but the villain always figures out that the girl is special to hero and threatens her anyway.

Yep. Voldemort could use Ginny as bait again and that's why Harry needs to come to terms with the fact that there there was no point in breaking up with her.

Quote:

They will get back together. And in the epilogue, they'll have a double wedding.
My idea of a perfect ending :D

klynnrose October 23rd, 2005 11:44 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComicBookWorm
Before there was Peter Parker, there was Superman telling Lois that he couldn't have a relationship since she would be at risk. It's actually common in literature for the hero to say this and try to stay away from the loved one. It never works, and he always ends up with the girl. Not only that, but the villain always figures out that the girl is special to hero and threatens her anyway.

Ginny, being Ginny, will not sit idly by waiting for her hero to return; she will be involved. But they won't be a couple until the end.

They will get back together. And in the epilogue, they'll have a double wedding.

I agree with most of what you say here, in fact I have said it myself in one way or another.

Harry will try to protect Ginny, but seeing as he cannot close his mind, he doesn't have much of a chance of keeping her safe the way he wants to.

I don't think Ginny will sit idly by either, I just don't know what her position will be in the matter. As far as being a committed couple, yes, that will most likely wait for the end, or the epilogue.

As to a double wedding...I am assuming that you are refering to Ron/Hermione and Harry/Ginny? That would be the icing on the cake. However, as has happened so many time thus far, I fear that JKR will not allow us that ideal ending. I will have to wait and see. And it will be all I can do not to jump straight to the end of the book to see the outcome before I read the first chapter.!!!;)

Ralphmuggle October 23rd, 2005 11:45 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by random_musing
The wedding is much to soon for someone as steadfast as Harry to change his mind about Ginny joining them.

It depends on how much happens before/during the wedding. If enough happens at the Dursley's (say, a big enough revelation from his Aunt or from saved letters letting him understand the importance of love), and/or there is a DE attack at the wedding, then I could see him changing his mind. But there would have to be a lot going on for that to happen.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 3:08 pm.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Original content is Copyright MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright its respective owners.